Reviews of Fragrance Hotel - Waterfront 2 stars

418 Pasir Panjang Road, 118759 Singapore, Singapore

#364 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

i dnt like the aircon it was soo noisy and the bed .

the filipina receptionist was so nice to me. the location from airport s a bit far BUT this hotel s nearby east cost area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The size of the room and the slow wifi.

The room is clean but very small. The hotel is located far from MRT station but bus stop just in front of the hotel door. This hotel has no other facilities at all, only the room, but there are some restaurants in walking distance and 1 resto is open 22 hours everyday. Staff is okay and are willing to help. Wifi in the room is free but super slow.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The room was too small if you have luggage for a 2 weeks holiday. No space to put clothes. For people travelling with luggage just for a few days its fine.

Friendly and helpful staff, bus stop right in front of the door

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

Well, we booked the room at night, and the booking didn't get through. My room was also beside the dumpster with lots of cockroaches, but because we closed the curtain, it was fine.

The room was functional, and the bed was comfortable. It looked just like the photos and it was clean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

Air con noise a little loud ... not sure why ?

Bed was good .... quite a "compact" room .. but that was expected ... bathroom good when one gets used to the unique setup . Coffee making good . Good front desk assistance . Friendly and efficient .

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

We booked two rooms. The first room smells like smoke. The second room has a leaking faucet. We were able to transfer to another room which is ok. The toilet is so small it was difficult to take a shower.

Location: it’s right in front of a bus stop, very accessible! The staff are very friendly and accommodating! The beds are clean and comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

First night the hotel was packed with a some sort of society all acting out and pretty noisy. The 2nd day was upgraded to a dulux room and found much more comfortable with a window. Restaurants are in short supply around here and most everything including attractions require a bus journey. Overall pleased with the hotel but only for a weekend stay.

In 2 days spoke with 5 different reception staff and all very helpful offering guidance ; bus numbers, restaurants, shopping malls etc.. Next door is lovely Italian restaurant and a bus stop right outside the hotel for just about all destinations across Singapore and 2km away is the nearest MRT station. Chose hotel as was near the Vivo City Mall and gateway to Sentosa island, in the end decided not to go as the place was jam-packed full of people. Choosing instead for a swim at 50m outdoor pool in clementi only a short bus right away.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Bed mattress need to replace. It concacve in the center so not comfortable

Bus-stop in front of Hotel. Very convinience . 7 minute to Haw Par Villar allow me to go any where. Bathroom quite small but Water Shower very strong (I love that) . Much better than other hotel , even 4 star hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

Got first floor. Small bathroom. Bed kind of uncomfortable.

Nice interior design of the room. Good water heater and lighting of the room. Friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

No breakfast, i had to go around to look for breakfast, it was really a waste of time for my business trip !!

Hotel is convenient for transportation, service is good, the room is clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

I liked that the bed was right beside the window (and this window was large). It’s nice waking up to a soft warm glow of the early sunrise because of this. The room is cosy, with the right amount of amenities and nice layout. There’s a few 24/7 food places nearby which is great if you’re starving at night. Overall it was a comfortable experience.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

we requested for twin bed when booked in booking.com, but end up giving us 1 double bed. When request to reception counter, they said all fully booked, cannot change. But we are 2 guys sharing 1 room, it make us very uncomfortable. The room and bed are so small, toilet is very small too. The lock of toilet door is not working at all. Some more poor water pressure

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

We had to change two room, as the first one didn't have aircon working, second issue with the bathroom door. Rooms should have been checked before giving it.

We stayed there for 6 days and the hotel was small, including the rooms. The room is very small than we see in the photo, but still worth it when compared to the rest in Singapore for similar prices. Food stalls, bus-stop, and pharmacy was close by. It was worth it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Internet was quite slow but manageable.

Bed is comfy, i like the fact that the room gets cleaned everyday. The staff is very nice and accommodating. They even went the extra mile by lending me a plug adaptor, letting me have some documents printed, and also having a weighing scale to make sure that my luggage was okay for travel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

maybe the thing hotel needs to improve is just the poor speed of wifi but other is very well.

love how the hotel organizes their small space worthwhile. they can manage quite well and also the cleanness of the room. no matter how messy of the bed/ room me and my friend made, they can fix it orderly. the hotel workers are also nice; they always smile at me and say hello to me whenever I came into the hotel. really love this hotel!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Quite a clean room. You should not expect more for a budget hotel. My daughter went for an exam at NUS, so we just wanted a room nearby for the night. A few restaurants, just walking distance from the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

The receptionist lady, wasn't really nice to me, speak a lil rude to me when I requested for room. And that was quite shocking, as I am a regular customer there😥. However, her behavior quickly changed right after I handed her the money. And she gave me the ground floor level for deluxe rooms, I paid $139+$30(as I requested for early booking). The room wasn't as nice as I expected. Not as good as before. Dusty, and really really really makes me feel uncomfortable. changed into another room, they give me a lil better one, still the ground floor.

I stayed quite often there and was happy about everything, so I decided to book a room there fir a night.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The first floor level is not so privacy n the toilet door theres no lock n not to my convenient..

The services from the stuff they were polite n professional n nice which make us dont feel so awkward staying overnite there.. Thank you

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Some of my cosmetics were gone during my stay for 10 nights. A housekeeper dropped my cosmetic bag down the table which damaged some of my make-up stuffs. They threw away the broken one without notifying me. I just knew this because there were spilled powders all around inside the bag although they have tried to clean up and kept it quiet. I reported the story to a hotel reception, but they gave me no apologise. Hotel facilities are just OK for you to survive, but please do not expect so much comfort as it is 2-star hotel. The room is small, and spotlessly clean. No refrigerator.

The hotel is just right in front of the bus stop and very easy to go to NUS.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

No breakfast. Air condition was not really efficient...

Small but clean and efficient room. Good price. Exactly what I was looking for. Ok for 2 nights. I did seek something close to NUS, this hotel is just 5 min away by bus, line 183 is directly in front of the hotel. 7/11 store just around the corner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Although location was close to my destination, it was a bit far from the city. And even though i arrived at the property earlier than check-in time after a long delay at the airport, i wasn't allowed to check in because of hotel 'policy'.

Room was quite clean, wifi was good. Room service always attended to my cleaning needs as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The room we were in was really tiny (but absolutely fine for anyone just sleeping at the hotel and not spending extended periods of time there during the day.)

The (local) staff was very welcoming. The room was cleaned every day. The wifi was fast and reliable at no additional charge. The hotel is well connected to public transport with a bus stop right in front of the door from which several buses at short intervals connect you to the next MRT station and other locations around SG.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

No curtain with shower. The entire bathroom got wet every time Requested double bed, we for two single ones. No breakfast (this was not stated clearly). Very remote location.

Lovely staff, very helpful printing out tickets and giving advice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Wifi connection is really slow No breakfast included Not really clean Can't provide receipt per my request

Location is near my office. Price is reasonable compared to other hotels.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The room was too small.Also no place to hang the clothes and keep the bags. Bed on the platform not good.

The bed was put on a platform.Hard to get on.The mattres and shower good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

no parking at the premises .difficult to offload luggage, parking is opposite of the hotel at a public carpark

cleanliness, friendly staff, fast check in/out

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

The room is very very small, and the photos on the website is totally misleading... In addition, the air con is very noisy, like an engine... I cannot fall asleep with the air con on at all! Plus the front counter staff is neither very nice nor helpful. Plus it is totally not worthwhile to stay in a hotel in Singapore...

The location is not bad, and the traffic is quite convenient.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Some of the sheets had stains. The way the shower is set up everything in the bathroom gets wet, including toilet paper. The hot water runs out really fast, especially if you don't turn on the heater at night. The windowless rooms feel pretty boxed up.

Close to NUS. Good AC. Nice staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

I hate your Trivago/booking.com booking system as it booked for me for the Fragrance hotel unrefundably for a different dependance/building in a different location in Singapore then I had clicked on. Also it had said there was FREE cancellation on the picture but then when I booked the rate it wasn't :-( very wrong and misleading. I would not recommend you to anyone. I would like to tell you to get lost and am advising all my friends to go elsewhere to find hotels as the booking.com customer service was also really bad with them not taking any responsibility for my quandary at all! I had to phone many times & spend 2 mornings of my precious pre-departure time and finally had to get angry at people to get any satisfaction at all :-( Plus the price was higher than if I would just have gone to google maps and searched myself. I have never had so much trouble with a hotel booking ever in my life.

There is a historic chinese temple right next to it with amazing incense smell. There is nice cheap food across the road.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The room was really tiny. No cupboards so had to pretty much live out of the suitcase. No place to put anything. Barely enough room to move around. Really small bathroom. Far away from town center. I stayed here because I had business at NUS but if you're sightseeing (which I did for a few days), then this may not be for you. The public transport was good, and bus stop is right outside, but it meant changing from a bus to metro and and a few switches to go places. It was alright for me because I was alone, but not conducive for families. You are better of staying at the center.

Clean. Staff was courteous. Requests were promptly addressed. Great restaurants next door. Bus stop right in front of hotel which was good because I pretty much relied on public transport. Taxi readily available.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

First room was small and stuffy.

My room was small and stuffy so I upgraded for a small surcharge (new room included a safe and fridge). Much better and had a great stay. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The size of room should have been little more bigger and spacious.

The room was clean well placed but the size was small and the space inside was insufficient for 2 persons. Others were good.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

You could actually swing a cat in the room but the poor thing would hit its head on every wall - It would still be happier than the staff. The night receptionist was particularly unhappy in her work. Coffee and towels were changed daily and that was the sum total of the room service. The bathroom was modelled on a caravan bathroom and gave you the chance to perform the full range of bathroom duties without moving an inch. Paper thin walls however, made it feel like a communal shower

Convenient for where i needed to be every day.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Booked a queen-size bed but I was given a two-single beds. Not a big issue but it wasn't expected. Toilet door doesn't have a lock. Wifi speed was average.

I was given a room at the 5th floor so it was pretty quiet. Table or desk was so small that I needed to remove the tissue holder, electric kettle and other stuff down so I could place my laptop.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Nothing....love the friendly staff who know what their guess needs.

friendly staff...clean room but they need to look at the ironboard. it fall apart n dangerous to us if u not careful.My honest feedback.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The room is really small but acceptable if you just want a bed to sleep and a tiny table. No wardrobe or other thing to store anything... No breakfast

Very good price for Singapore! Very friendly and kind staff Cheap and good testaurants, 7eleven and massage saloon nearby

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

The design of the room is nice when the sunlight pours in. But we get the level 1 room which is block by a wall and we had to close the curtain all the time as people and the building opposite can just see our room.

I like the design of the room and the quiet environment. Public transport like bus is convenient as a bus stop is just in front of the hotel. There are several 24 hours restaurants and 7 eleven just nearby.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

We had problems with the booking, and our request to avoid a double booking was ignored. The registration office charged two rooms but wanted to give away the second room to other guest stating no showing up from our side,and that, when we had already slept a night there! As the rooms there are really small, we insisted to get the second room too, in order to have more space. The employees at the branch very actually quite nice. They weren't responsible for the management desicion. I have also to say that the towels were dirty and on the second and third day was no toilet paper.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

aircon not cold enough n the water hitter not hot sometime

Need more pillow because the pillow is too soft, i like the old timer staff there. Very helpful and nice. Feeling very safe staying there too.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

I stayed in room 104,throughout the accomodation was very comfy and worth for money..highly recommended for solo traveller.Keep up the excellent quality!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

TV network very bad & same of the room handle no good n aircon not so cold enough

The room is big ,like to come more often but must give me yours best offer in order me to come more likely

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Door mat outside the bathroom. It doesn't dry feet. Please change it to the white towel-like one.

Better tv channels (including 1 movie channel). Bathroom door upgraded! 👍🏻👍🏻

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

If guests have requested for an extra mat, please make sure an extra mat is available throughout their stay..and not just for that one evening that is was requested for.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

They only put one towel per person into the room. Would be good to consider putting two towels per person in the future. Just a thought.

Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The housekeeping lady - i unfortunately don't recall her name - was lovely! We asked her for extra towels and coffee and she was genuinely happy to help us and was extremely nice. The gentleman at check-in, too, was very polite and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Receptionist gave us little inconvenience upon check-in as she made us write all info in big letters, and again if she cannot read it.

Very near NUS. Clean room and bathroom. Bus stop is just in front of the hotel. Very near convenience stores and local eateries!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

We were not told that fragrance waterfront is doing renovation work right now when we book online and have to go to nxt door fragrance ocean view to check in.The staff in charge told me to wait at the lobby area.wait for half an hr and she did not inform me when my room is ready so i walk over the other side to have myself check in again.

The room is quite comfy for 1night stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Very small room MRT station too far but can take a bus to the station

Comfort Bus stop very close (just in front of hotel) Good halal food 2 min walk Mosque 5 min walk

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Abit expensive .

I like the design of the room n the bed arrangement like Japanese style so cosy n nice as I want to stay more days .but a bit expensive

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

1. The toilet paper is too soft, it breaks halfway when a little water is added for cleaning up. Shd use stronger quality ones. 2. Not enough hanging hooks or hangers. Can b a problem for those staying for longer duration. 3. Not always, at times the staff r not friendly. But overall experience was good, clean n comfortable.

I like the quiet neighborhood n proximity to west coast plaza n west coast hawker centre-market. Its easy to get to clementi for the train too.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

It is a bit far from city,

The room was spacious and the there were a big window. Food places were nearby so my parents can just walk down to eat and relax.the staff, specially the lady who mans the desk during daytime was friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The room are too small for the price I am paying and very few tv channel that I can watch. Wifi connection are bad too.

The location is very convenient for me as it is near to a 24hrs food centre, convenient store and also there's an Atm machine nearby. Easy access to travel elsewhere, located near to the bus stop & easy to get a cab there.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Very bad sound insulation. I woke up once due to a crying baby and once due to someone throwing up in the next room.

Good bed and had everything needed for a comfortable stay.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Breakfast could have been provided

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Price of room have a little bit expensive.

Room cleaning.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Mattress too lousy, Room too small.

The room clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

no stable water heating system

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

There’s a bus stop right in front of the hotel.

Convenient

Location was great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

is near to fhe bustop ...n very convenient

Everything is good

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

the staffs weren’t friendly. and not polite.

rooms are clean. it’s near coffee shops.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

All ok witg us,we will stay here again,next time we visit Singapore

rooms to small

Bed was very hard

Good pricing. Easy check in and check out

Friendly people

Clean place

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Building a bit old but manageable for now.

I would rate overall good and smooth.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

Bed not so comfort and pillows abit smaller

Cleaness of the hotel rooms and reasonable price

The space os too small

Its best if the toiletries includes soap, bodywahs, sampoo and cpndotioner

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

The shower is at the top of the toilet. I can do my no. 2 and shower at the same time.

A bed; place to crash for a night

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

No complimentary slippers, dirty room, limited cable channels

Free wifi

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Free Wifi

Far away from any tourists activities and any landmark

The cleanliness and the bus stop right in front of hotel. Near campusses and schools

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with free Wifi

The tooth brush is not that strong. And also the tv channel are so bad.

I like the window view .

no good