2. Singapore hotel reviews
  3. Singapore hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of The Fragrance Hotel (Joo Chiat)

Reviews of The Fragrance Hotel (Joo Chiat) This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

219 Joo Chiat Road, Katong, 427485 Singapore, Singapore

#229 of 552 hotels in Singapore

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

still a decent stay despite the shortcomings.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was no safe in the room (not an issue). The kettle didn't automatically switch off. The shower had no adjustable rail so the shower water was hitting the wall not the human and the whole bathroom was wet. The USB charging points were not functioning in the room.

Bed and pillows were comfortable. There was a shower screen and a floor bath mat for wet feet out of the shower. The room was clean and my minimum standard for a decent stay. The reception provided extra pillows when requested.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the old neighborhood location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

I accidentally booked for the wrong two dates and did not realize it until we arrived and they told us we missed our first night. They upgraded one room for the remaining night. While I realize it was my mistake, I would have liked a bit of discount or something for the extra night I had to pay for. But it was my fault.

Rooms were small but clean. Bed was comfortable. AC and hot water worked. The location was a plus as we enjoyed the old architecture and small shops and restaurants. It was a short ride to the Metro.

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Fantastic

Nothing :)

We had a great stay here in Singapore, the staff are lovely and always happy to help! The WiFi works well and has a strong connection. The location is a little outside the main hub of Singapore but there are plenty of metros / buses in the area to take you there for a very small price! We got the bus to Dakota metro station which was $1.40 to the metro, which was a lot cheaper than taxis. The airport is only a 15 mins drive away. The rooms are lovely! Clean, spacious and 2 bottles of water given each day. The bath was lovely and we had a shower cubicle which for most of Asia is unheard of!! Couldn’t fault the place!!

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

it was pleasant
    • Executive Double Room

noisy tourists checking in made the property seem chaotic. inconsiderate guests who were noisy. parking is limited because of housekeeping equipment kept at the back.

bed was comfortable. we had great pillows. there was a view from the top floor, the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

they gave me a double bed with an extra charge $10 and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

they gave me a double bed with an extra charge $10 and instead it came out to be 2 single bed combined into 1 double bed which is not comfortable in the middle

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

We were pleased with the ambience of the neighborhood, the cleanliness And friendliness of staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

I made a mistake with my booking, entered the wrong date. So, according to my wrong dates, we missed the first night. One room was upgraded for us for the night we arrived, but we had to rebook for the following night. While I understand that it was my fault and that they held the empty room for our accidental no-show, I wish that the staff would have been allowed to have more leeway in accommodating the extra night. (This was a booking for two rooms for two nights.)

Being first time visitor to Singapore and knowing nothing about neighborhoods, we were pleased with the old-time flavor of the neighborhood, with old two story buildings, restaurants, felt very comfortable walking around, even after dinner. (I chose the hotel because the picture showed a tree in front.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Cosy hotel in lively neighborhood
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Noisy chinese tourists, yelling at each other every night and early morning.

The hotel is very cosy, located not too far from Eunos MRT station. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was small, yet clean and comfy with nice beds and modern bathroom. You get complimentary coffee and water. Which is a nice touch.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Dont want turn back this place any more
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

The staff at reception counter is rude. He is quite old and the attitude totally no good at all when serving customer.

Location on Joo Chiat is easy to catch the nice foods and play.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

good experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would have been great if they provide a hand towel in the room.

the bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. These was a desk that we could work from and a bench for our suitcase. They provided an ironing board and iron when requested.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

The front counter staff that did my check-in and check-out had a harsh tone and not smiling. Was given two single beds despite asking for a double.

Location is walking-distance to shopping areas and eateries. The room size, cleanliness, towel, tv, mini-fridge were above expectation level.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Overall the experience was positive and we managed to find nearby a Typically Australian breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

A bigger more obvious sign out front would have saved two trips around the block to find it.

The overall ambience for a relatively cheap overnight facility was surprisingly good. Room facilities were adequate and the location gave an opportunity to see a different side of Singapore to the usual tourist sites.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Value stay!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hot water may take abit longer time to come Parking lot is abit narrow Power gone done for a while in the midnight, but recovers in about an hour

Very clean! Easy check in & out!

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

A regular place I stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Thin walls, people check in late at night and make noise.

Clean comfortable and safe. Large rooms. Good value for money. Food and transport nearby. 7/11 and 24 hour laundry across the road. Strong wifi

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Great staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Walls are thin. People check in at all hours and make noise.

Great staff. Big room. Clean comfortable and safe. Near food, 7/11 across the road, 24 hr laundry across the road. Near bus stop.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

FANTASTIC cleaning ladies!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Thin walls, people arriving after 11pm, making noise.

FANTASTIC cleaning ladies! So polite and friendly Aunties! Spacious rooms, strong internet, good location, affordable.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Room cleanliness above expectation.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

No free parking within hotel premises. Need pay parking coupon if park along the roadside. Staff friendliness can be improved.

Room cleanliness above expectation. Extra pillow provided is a bonus

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Quiet environment.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Photo shown on website differ quite a bit from actual stay in

Quiet environment. My room was right at the corner away from the main passage way. RM 212

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Nice hotel for a low budget travelers.
    • Deluxe Family Room

I did not see any negative things about the hotel. I just hope the next next we will book with them their accomodation will include breakfast. That they will also lengthen the check out time for the guest.

The room is clean and beds are comfy. They replace the free drinks, coffee and condiments the day after.They easily granted our request for additional pillow even their hotel was fully booked The area is safe, quiet and near to stores. I enjoyed the juicing vendo outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

The room was cosy and had everything we needed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Soundproofing wasn't great, any people arriving could easily be very loud in the corridors which was occasionally late at night.

The room was cosy and had everything we needed. The staff were very helpful and polite. We enjoyed the location of the hotel which gave us access to an MRT station within 20 minute walk. The air conditioning was also greatly appreciated for our first visit to the country.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Noisy air condition blower unit - grinding noise,
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Noisy air condition blower unit - grinding noise, Not able to have proper sleep due to the noisy blower. The front desk advised that the blower noise will disappear shortly after it is turn on but the noise continued the whole night.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Reallocated to another branch without much explanation
    • Deluxe Family Room

We stored our luggage at front desk in the morning before we could check in, and by the time we came back and check in we were asked to reallocate to a branch at geylang. The reason they gave was that there was maintenance issue(didn’t specify what) and the new one was nearer to mrt station, and the room would be the same.But to be honest, the room doesn’t look the same, and my family and I do not like the new location. The area was too crowded and complicated, anyone living in Singapore would know what I mean.

The location was good but I didn’t stay there

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Staff were accommodating and were helpful in giving...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Only one elevator was available for use of the staff and the guests. The nearest MRT station is one bus ride away.

Staff were accommodating and were helpful in giving directions. Property is surrounded by a number of restaurants and convenience stores; Dunman Hawker is less than 500m away.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

For a 1 or 2 days stay.

A quaint no frills hotel but that is what we want. Stayed over for a night transiting to Taiwan and another night transiting back from Taiwan. Surrounding area are night clubs and 7 eleven is just a step away. So its very convenience to get your water or snacks should you need them. 5 mins walk to the nearest Joo Chiat' kopi tiam' where you can get your breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

The room and bathroom were clean n well maintained as usual.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Did your hotel just change their management? I didn't appreciate that I was called up at 6.30am by reception to check my name and when I will be checking out. 2 hours before checking out time, housekeeping knocked on my door to double check that I was indeed checking out that day. How many times must you double check when I will be checking out? What happened to the communications between housekeeping and reception? For that matter, what happened to the administrative processes at reception office? This is so disruptive and disappointing as I have never experienced in any other hotels in my life!

The room and bathroom were clean n well maintained as usual. The hallways were quieter than before, as I didn't hear the loud banging of doors at night.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Clean, neat and tidy.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

Cant add bed. When saw from online before booking, showed can add bed and included breakfast if use this app. But i call to the agent, they said no including breakfast and add bed for kids. And amount showed in app is $231, but deduct from my account is $279. And till now never say have refund or what.

Clean, neat and tidy. Comfortable. Staff friendly and service nice will recommend. Convenient for transport, and easy to take bus to mrt.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Toilet did not have the latches.

Toilet did not have the latches. You need to have sufficient balance in your card before booking. Your card is charged immediately. I have an issue with double deductions now. Trying to resolve it now.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Room improvement for staff services!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1st night aircon not cooling and the room smelled cigarette smoke room 412.PS. (I requested a non smoking room some more) so need to call reception to change room, fortunately they gave us room 402 Though it is a queen bed room but i booked a Twin bed. The staff asked me to go down and take the new key room , they dont have the initiative to go up and assist in changing room 2nd night I requested for a room with a Twin bed, since it was the original booking, they happily give me a room with twin bed room 413, aircon again no cooling ,so requested again a new room 410 this time staff have gone up to give us the new key room. The staff told me they will call aircon technician in the morning to check on the matter. I guess they know room 412 and 413 , they just acted blur!! (Guys if ur booking on this hotel beware on this 2 rooms) hope they will fix the ac though. All other else are okay.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Place so convenient
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

I book double bed or queen size bed but I recived 2 single bed, I have to do extra work to combine the bed together, if there’s no double bed or queen bed, hotel staff should find a way tooo

Place so convenient

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Good budget hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room very small but as it was only a place to sleep at a very reasonable cost it was not a major issue. Is a good 25 minute walk from nearest metro station so not recommended if you have mobility issues.

Very comfortable clean hotel. Excellent price. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

It was up to our expectations of a budget hotel. It was clean, the lobby was welcoming.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

The aircon at Deluxe Family Room we stayed in only worked at 23-24 deg Celsius temp. It was warm for a room with 5pax in it. No cafe or restaurant at the hotel for a quick breakfast before sightseeing.

It was near the bus station, only 5 stops to the Dakota Mrt. This is good for those who don't mind a 30min commute via mrt to see the popular destinations in singapore.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

For a night, it's fine.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Air conditioner is old and noisy. Not good for light sleeper.

Clean room and bathroom. Location is in heritage area. Bus no. 33 to Bugis Junctio and back.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

Awesome Experience!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Except one of the nights that was not so pleasant at our room area at 3rd floor because there was a group that checked-in. They were shouting from one end to another end. Otherwise everything is well and fine.

The lobby is equipped with an elegant furniture. The lobby is able to cater for a small group of patrons i.e =-30 at any one time. If not is a mess. Your staff as a strong sense of respect for the elderly of whom I find this is a wonderful experiene:-). The receptionist when doing our checked in was so courteous and she had fully catered as per request. We will come again and will refer to others to patron at Fragrance. Thank you.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Friendly staff and great facilities
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Could be a little noisy at night with other guest who get back late.

Comfortable stay through out our travel trip to Singapore.The location was great; we found some great halal restaurant, near convenience store and 4min walk to nearest bus stop

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Highly recommended for those on a budget but who don't want to 'slum' it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

We asked for twin beds (I was with my 16 yr old son, purpose being his sports event). I feel this should not be offered if there are no such rooms available. If there are such rooms available, once payment has been made, hotel should make sure the bed configuration requested is available

Room had everything we needed and was good value for money. Well located. Easy walk to convenience stores and FnB area. Like the free parking!

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Satisfy for staying there but has room to be improved specially on temperature of shower water.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

- As no window in tiny used space made us feel uncomfortable. - No tidy on coffee corner on the 2nd day (Yes I had put something in coffee plate but didn't think they would put coffee set on the table as attached picture) - Even shower room was nice and clean but the water was just room temperature cannot turn to be warm for all 2 day staying there.

The room was clean, location is good but better if you could give the direction on how to reach there. Staff is ok (no smile, no enthusiastic).

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

It was worth the money.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

Not really close to public transportation. 7 minuets to the busses and about 15 to the trains.

Value for the money is what sticks out. The room was clean, bright, and comfortable. The staff was friendly. It was a good combination of location and price. Great value for the money.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Unhappy

The beds were very hard. It was very noisy. We didn't sleep well. Every single night, throught the entire evening ans morning, we could hear the elevator bell constantly, people talking in the hall, using the toilet in their rooms and scraping chairs and hacking up spit. For $100 Aus a night it was not good value. It was too far away for easy travel.

The Joo Chiat region is interesting and good for food but inconveniently too far away from most attractions.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

The room is spacious and comfy.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

I could hear the sound of people walking through the whole way. This woke me up from my sleep as the noises were loud.

The room is spacious and comfy. Place is very clean and accessible through a nearby bus stop.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

you get what you pay for.
    • Standard Twin Room (No Window)

very basic room with minimal facilities, e.g. no fridge, no body soap (there is hand soap though), no shampoo. but then with the price I paid I had nothing to complain.

you get what you pay for. nothing more, nothing less. the hotel itself is 1 block away from pubs and karaoke but it isn't a problem. dead silent during the nights. the room has no windows which people might not like but I do. it's pitch dark even when it's 11 o'clock outside! deep sleep indeed.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Good enough
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Long and slow check in No close metro station

Cheap based on Singapore standard Many restaurants, bar and coffee shops around Shopping mall 112, 15 mins by foot

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

The hotel is nearby to Halal Restaurant for breakfast,lunch...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

We could listen to people talking outside the room.

The hotel is nearby to Halal Restaurant for breakfast,lunch and dinner. Even though there is a few night club operated in front of the hotel but it wont disturb the night comfort.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

What a change
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Hotel was very noisy from 9-11pm and 5-8am, with customers talking loudly along the corridors and loud banging of doors. I am a regular for this particular hotel but was disappointed with the fall in quality and efficiency of cleaning services for this stay. The shower cubicle was grotty & cloudy upon check in. Toilet roll was placed upside down. room was only made up late, around 4.30pm.

Convenient location, lots of good eating places nearby

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Morning desk staff very helpful when our daughter needed to...
    • Deluxe Family Suite

Neighborhood had a lot of unsavory people milling about at night.

Morning desk staff very helpful when our daughter needed to go to hospital. They offered to hold us a larger family room if we were unable to make our flight. Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Fire alarm at 3 am - 1 hour spent in lobby
    • Standard Twin Room (No Window)

Quite a walk to MRT Fire alarm went off at 3am and we all had to evacuate into lobby. Took a long time for night manager to reset lifts/alarm and check there was no fire so we could return to our rooms. Apparently alarm was triggered by someone smoking in room. No fire brigade. Difficult to get back to sleep.

Clean and quiet location

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Perfect location.

Everything perfect

Perfect location. Nice and new hotel. Perfect stuff. Very clean. We really enjoy stay in this hotel. This is the place we will stay next time. Sure

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Ok
    • Executive Double Room

The fire alarm went on 4 times. With no proper procedure and instructions. No explanation and apology from the staff. We even had staff trying to enter our room for no reason(lucky it was locked) on our previous stay. We are regular visitor to the hotel but this time it was a bit disappointing.

Quiet location

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Neat and clean rooms for a short stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Neat and clean rooms for a short stay. The location is the drawcard; closer to the airport than the city for a stopover and lots to do nearby in the delightful heritage area of Singapore

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

A sleep-deprived stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hideously noisy nights. Don't expect to sleep well. We stayed for 2 nights and it was waste of money staying in this hotel as we didn't get much sleep anyways. You'd think the noise was from the streets (bars, people, etc) but not at all! The noise was from neighbouring rooms, they were loud ALL NIGHT LONG until about 7 - 8am: kept talking loudly in the corridor with no end in mind and kept visiting each other without end :you could constantly hear door rooms been opened, talking and the noisy clicking sound of (typical hotel room) doors when they close /lock. No ear plugs helped here. No idea why there was so much "traffic" in the corridor and the rooms, not sure if it was a group of friends travelling together and not caring for other guests, or whether people were using the hotel for one-night stand purposes... We don't know but it all made us quite uncomfortable. Felt all a bit dodgy. We called reception once and complained, and it was maybe quiet for half an hour. We woke up both mornings feeling rather shattered and sleep-deprived and not fresh at all for sightseeing. We would absolutely NOT stay there again. Shame.

The room was good sized, clean, friendly staff, and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in. Hotel is only 20min from the airport $15-20 if that's important. The bus 33 stops outside the hotel and took us directly to the bay and the hustle and bustle. In general, the hotel is well connected to buses and metro. We had a good time playing locals and taking buses and the underground.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Okay but nothing spacial
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Room was very loud because of chinese guests. No room service in three days (I had to complain about that). Definetelly would not go there again!

Nothing special.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Fairly close to airport, the girl that checked us in the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Fairly close to airport, the girl that checked us in the middle of night was fantastic they let us check out late at 2pm. Rooms are lovely and clean. Very comfortable. Food is close by.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Pleasant
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Booked a queen room online,only to be told on arrival that is was not available. They made me call Booking to clear up the booking. After about an hour, the Receptionist put us in an executive room for the night. If the room.chosen was not available,booking or Fragrance should not take the credit card payment. Anyways, they upgraded me to an executive room so it did not become an issue

Very clean hallway and comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: February 11, 2018

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Well I'm a smoker. Really would be great if theres smoking rooms set aside somehow. But all in all its cool. most of the hotels doesn't really have smoking rooms anyway.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was nice to attend to my needs and also kudos for checking when I have guest. Security is always important. The whole place is cozy love the stretch of area for vanilty/work table. a bench to put your stuff on and the fridge is always a plus for me cuz I like my drinks cold. Toilet was also clean! Comfortable enough. Well as long as it doesn't feel red district-ish don't you think ?

• Reviewed: February 10, 2018

lf you stay on ground floor it did not meet expectations. The lobby is palacial. The room is not.
    • Standard Twin Room (No Window)

6k bus ride to centre or walking 20mins to train or other bus. Room had all the service trolleys in the corridor and access to parking and delivery. Could be noisy. Small room and no window.

Staff. Joo chiat nice area. Local food and market.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

Everything was clean and neat, it wasn't stuffy in the...
    • Standard Twin Room (No Window)

We were given a room next to the reception, so It was impossible to sleep without earplugs. I guess the staff should respect people's desire to rest at night and early morning and not to laugh out loud and scream.

Everything was clean and neat, it wasn't stuffy in the room, even though there was no window, two bus stops are nearby, lots of places to eat/drink in the area

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Excellent Facilities with good staff
    • Standard Twin Room (No Window)

The property is awesome. The Room is small but very clean. Staff is polite and helps whenever needed. I wanted some extra coffee sachets and also a printout of my ticket while leaving, They helped me with everything. The property is near to bus stop that helps you reach the main city center easily. There is a 24 Hour supermarket in the vicinity so that is an add-on. Also, the area is Joo Chiat is filled with many eateries and pubs that make the nightlife even more happening! I recommend this place!

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Overall it is a pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Family Suite

This hotel has undergone renovation so the room and toilet are clean. A 24hr convenient store is within walking distance. It is located at quiet street.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

Nice and cosy place.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

There are only a few buses and nearest train is a short walk away. Though it's close enough to geylang so food and drink is not that hard to get.

Place is cosy and quiet.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Very close to the bus stop, where we could take bus to reach...
    • Standard Twin Room (No Window)

Small room that is not suitable for those with lots of luggage to pack and unpack. The hotel appears a little distant from the city centre, and it has limited facilities on site considering the hotel is typically meant for budget travellers.

Very close to the bus stop, where we could take bus to reach the nearest subway station within 5 minutes. Room is neat and tidy with fresh sheets, bottled water and toiletries provided everyday. The bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

The staff were very friendly upon arrival, rooms where clean!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Bed is extremely hard, feels more like a solid slab than a mattress not very comfortable at all. I booked a standard no window double/twin when requesting a double I was shocked to open the door upon check in to a twin room, when I went downstairs I was told there was none left ... however this had been booked some time so felt the hotel should have wanted me this was the case... ended up having to pay more to upgrade just to have a double bed for me and my other half which I was not too pleased about.

The staff were very friendly upon arrival, rooms where clean! Location is great if you want to see more of the locals and that side and only a 10 min taxi ride into the centre.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

The location is very close to the airport, so if you want to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Nothing! I love everything here.

The location is very close to the airport, so if you want to stay the night and catch an early flight, this hotel is perfect.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Excellent stay.
    • Executive Family Room

It would have been good if there were kitchen/restaurant at the hotel with room service.

THE cleanliness of the entire hotel, which includes the room. Liked the xmas deco and the "fireplace".

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

"Value for money" accomodation in Singapore
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

As I work in the hospitality, I always see the possibility to improve, so the reception staff could greet the guests and not just ignore them when they pass by, and the lighting in the room could be better...but if you are on the budget as we were, both things are secondary.

Value for money. Clean, affordable accommodation in Singapore. Connected with whole city. Bus station basically few steps from the hotel. The room we stayed in was no window room as we were on budget, but still perfectly fine to be and sleep in. It had everything that we needed (i.e. refrigerator, electric kettle, complimentary coffee, tee and water...). Another thing really great was tourist attraction offer at special prices for the hotel guests.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

It could have been better.
    • Deluxe Family Suite

it would have been nice if there's a closet or small cabinet to put our stuffs. There is no flat iron, we wear our clothes straight from the luggage. And also there is no microwave to heat our food.

Cleanliness of the facility and the staffs are friendly

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Really nice place to rest and good value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Thin door means you can hear noisy guests when they walk in the hall; was woken up by loud guests on numerous occasions. Internet speed also gets slower over time

Despite the room size it is super comfortable and clean. Staff are also very accommodating with merging my bookings. The area also has lots of places to eat and houses some nice pubs

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

I have been to this hotel several times.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

The counter staff are helpful though they could do better with a friendly smile & conversation.

I have been to this hotel several times. The rooms are always clean. The wifi signals are strong. The hotel is easily accessible by car but parking spaces are limited. Though public transport is limited, cabs are easily available just outside. There are many good eating places in the surrounding. However, at night ( especially weekends), single female guests may wish to know that there are bars/ clubs nearby, though their clients aren't usually disruptive or intrusive.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Good value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

I upgraded room and I was to told to pay extra 10SGD, which is fair. However, on a checkout I was told extra was per night, this wasn't made clear in the first place. Room upgrade is well worth the price tho.

Great value for money. Wouldn't recommend room without windows, however other rooms are decent. Location is good and easy to access with public transportation or taxi.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Concerning the hotel, it looks nice from outside and its...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

It was very hard to be recognized as genius guests, we send 3 emails to booking.com to assist since we book this property for genius freebies (early check in). The bathroom was so small that any bigger person would have problems turning around. Also there is almost 2 km to nearest MTR station, but Uber is cheap and reliable.

Concerning the hotel, it looks nice from outside and its located in quiet and peaceful street with a lot of other hotels. The room & linen were clean but not properly maintained, 2 out of 3 outlets were not working. I loved the curtains that made room instantly protected from outside light, also sound isolation was relatively good.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Love Singapore and love staying at the Fragrance Hotel

nothing to say.

hotel has recently been renovated and they have done an excellent job. It is close to transport, close to amazing food and the staff are really helpful. There are no meals included, but it's all about the street food in Singapore and there is food available 24 hours in this area.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Yeah, not too bad
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

Staff either didn't understand my question or didn't care and sent me walking in the wrong direction for the bus.

The local area is nice. The hotel is clean and for the money nice enough.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Convenient shop and Vietnamese restaurants nearby, got bus...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

No window and no double bed. Sometimes noisy in the morning as other customers shouted at the corridor.

Convenient shop and Vietnamese restaurants nearby, got bus 33 to the MRT station, about 20 mins walk to East Coast Park. The room was clean and tidy and the staff refilled the stuff everyday.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

Price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is hair on the floor , phone is dirty, air Cond is noisy, bed sheet look old and the worst was "car park provided" but with very narrow lane that will cause accident one day

Price

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

suitable for a place to stay close to airport
    • Deluxe Family Room

location far from MRT and unfortunately upon arrival we discovered it was in the red light district so not suitable for family with kids nor did the hotel provide any meal options

Inviting lobby, free wifi

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

very small rooms, not clear on the pictures n booking.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

very small rooms, not clear on the pictures n booking. No windows, that becomes clear on booking after you booked, and you cannot change the booking at all once made. Not very flexible.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

We will stay here again if we come back next time.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room (No Window)

I was disappointed when Cynthia said that can not arrange a double-bedding room for us. We traveled with an infant that it would be very difficult if we sleep on single beds. After a few emails, she accepted to arrange a double-bedding room for us. But when we came to check in, the man in the reception table said that they only arranged single beds for us. I told him that I have the confirmation email from the hotel staff but he refused to look at my phone as he thought it was an sentence such as "if available". I had to ask him twice until he looked at my phone and recognized the email. It caused a little while until I could receive the key. However, the staffs were nice and I have no complains about what happened, people just need to do what they have to. Actually, if they could not arrange a double-bedding room that day, I would choose to leave for another hotel.

Room was small but enough for a couple and a 6-month baby. Everything was great. The hotel's quite far from the MRT station but you can make it short by walk about 5m to the bus station behind the hotel to catch the bus no.33 and drop off at Kembangan MRT station (whole process took around 20m, the same way back also would take the same). Lots of convenience stores and restaurants near by but we did not try, we enjoyed the food at Kembangan MRT station as well. The area was safe and crowded even when we backed around 11pm-12am.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Very nice hotel and recommended to all
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No designated place for car parking, but there is a narrow space beside the hotel to park with first come first serve basis, can occupy 4 to 5 sedan cars. Otherwise you can park by the roadside with ticket voucher SGD1.20 per hour operating at 8 am to 10 pm.

Clean room, comfy beds and pillows, clean and well maintained bathroom, nice interior, AC is placed in a perfect angle. Situated at the very heart of the town, behind is Tanjung Katong beach and parks at 40-50 minutes walking, halal restaurants closed nearby and other choice of restaurants as well. Enjoy your lively place here even at night and meet with the locals urban lifestyle, they are all very nice people and helpful. Hotel management was very considerate to us and gave us 2 hours extra time with no charges for 2 rooms because we were so tired and couldn't left the room so quick.

We Price Match