Reviews of Goodwood Park Hotel 5 stars

22 Scotts Road, Orchard, 228221 Singapore, Singapore

#45 of 449 hotels in Singapore

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

I have been double charged by this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I have been double charged by this hotel. I paid cash at their counter desk when I checked out, but they took another payment from my credit card two days later. I have paid twice, please help!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Was handy to our location & staff friendly & very...
    • Deluxe Connecting Room

Was handy to our location & staff friendly & very accomodating, they remembered your name & always welcomed you back by your name and asked how was your day & was there anything w wanted.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

wasn't satifactory this trip...i have booked before and was much better
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

there was no hot water in the parkview suites. i was moved to the the pool side suites but they did not have cooking and clothes washing facilities. if i wanted a normal suite then i would have gone to another hotel as they far newer. i only go to this hotel for parkview suite facilities

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Good location.

Old Facilities

Good location. Close to bus stop and MRT station. Walking distance to big shopping malls. Staffs are very nice. The hotel is fully booked but very quite.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Tranquil, spacious oasis with excellent facilities and staff near Orchard Rd
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

We can’t fault the Goodwood Park Hotel.

Loved the location, the size of the apartment, super comfortable bed and heavenly pillows. In addition, the grounds and pool are an oasis from the busy Orchard Rd and every single staff member is a wonderful, helpful and friendly asset to the hotel! Will definitely stay here again when in Singapore!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Comfortable, convenient with two great pools
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything is very expensive. I had a fabulous meal elsewhere for 1/5 of the cost. However they had a large bowl of delicious fresh apples ( granniesmiths) for free.

The fact that the building has some history & not a skyscraper

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

First of all the check in was so slow and there was no que...
    • Weekend Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room

First of all the check in was so slow and there was no que because they could not find my record, the room was so dusty if u look at the window and the shades , tons of dust. We even found left over tooth picks from the previous guests in the room on the floor which poked me. The hall ways are complicated without proper signage to indicate where the rooms were. The guest book were so old and not up keep. The toilet bowl was unevenly build and we felt that we were sitting slanting. The balcony is old and the sensor is bad, keeps flashing non stop and is irritating to the eyes. Breakfast was terrible with a few options comparing the price u were to pay , u can get many options along orchard road with better rooms , facilities and food ( FYI we changed room as well for people who are wondering why didn’t we request to change which we did )

Great stay to see the sights of Singapore
    • Deluxe Connecting Room

could not fault this hotel!

Excellent beautiful hotel from the history books of Singapore but with modern decor. Fantastic setting- hotel surrounds pool and gardens. Scrumptious breakfast and high-tea. Great location- 5mins walk from Orchard road and 10mins walk from MRT station. The staff offer superb service- attentive and friendly.

the Japanese staff noticed I forgot my jacket and send over...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the reception was a little bit inept .. as I reminded him about the king bed choice I booked and notified through the booking.cm reservation note rather than 2 twin beds. as I checked there they are 2 twin beds..

the Japanese staff noticed I forgot my jacket and send over to my room ..

It's a beautiful heritage hotel, conveniently located...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As with other heritage hotels, you may smell the history of the hotel in the rooms. It's acceptable but the use of aroma diffusers in the rooms would make the rooms perfect.

It's a beautiful heritage hotel, conveniently located near Orchard Road. The service was great. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

nice heritage hotel, cozy and elegant. but you really need to retrain or replace your frontliner
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

however the reception staff(male) were not too hospitable, please consider retraining your male frontline staff to be more hospitable

housekeeping staff were couteous and friendly.

Brilliant - rooms were super comfy and spacious and staff were superb
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Service from every person we dealt with was exceptional. So friendly and helpful. Cannot praise the staff highly enough. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we will definitely return.

Brilliant property.
    • Heritage Room

Telephone Operator. We got dropped at a bus stop not sure where we were? Rang the operator to ask if she could call a cab for us. Tried to give her markers where we were very specific... opposite the St. John’s hq golden mile restaurant and corner jade road. Did not get any help. She was not listening. Saw a cab nbr on a cab explained where we were no trouble at all we got one in 5 mins.

Brilliant property. The staff esp., the concierge boys Idil and Mohd run their department so well.

Not sure
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Charging deposit, guarantee fee, late return that affects the use of credit card. It makes inconvenience for us. If you don’t trust people, why people should trust you ?

Not sure

Satisfactory

Nothing much

I have been staying in various 5 stars hotel rooms in Singapore and I must say that Goodwood Park Hotel hotel's room offers the most comfortable space for my family as compared to others. It certainly in my top preferred list for my next trip.

Fabulous hotel
    • Poolside Suite

Very nice room, spacious, furnished well. The staff is fantastic, from reception, cleaning, waiters. The afternoon tea and the Chinese restaurant on site are amazing. Pool and surrounding area are great.

Great clean and friendly atmosphere
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I get bored here as there is not a bar or cafe that you can sit and people watch from.

Nice big rooms and easy access to Orchard Road. Good breakfast, not too busy.

All fine, kids liked it, wife liked it, we would stay there again but only if in a different room.
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

Sadly the age of the Hotel is really showing, our room in the "new part" was 20+ years old, AC system was good but noisy, on the roof is is some sort of pump or compressor that goes "on and off" in quite loud cycles all night. The lobby bar is still nice enough but after so many years in is in need of some update.

Location is great for access to shopping and MRT/Trains and local places to eat. Service is excellent from check in staff, concierge and the cleaning staff - all could not be faulted.

Beautiful place.incredible setvice
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

The service was amazing. Our room was changed without fuss when we teslised elderly partner could not manage apartment stairs. The care of the manager and his staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Ideal for family with young children
    • Weekend Offer - Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air-con has no fan control, so room was very cold at night; so was not easy to sleep.

Very helpful staff. Second swimming pool ideal for children to play

Not good. Not happy had to pay full price for something we didnt get
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air con in room did not work and told staff twice and still not fix. Have to use the fan and it was very noisey and very hard to sleep with noise. Didnt even get a discount on price. Room was just renovated, the aircon should have worked. Was not happy with the responce from manager

Staff and resturant was great. Location great.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great central hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very poor quality and expensive for what was available. All self service but we were charge a 10% service fee and then tax on top. Asian breakfast really disappointing - no Dim sum or Japanese food like Maki/Sushi. This does not compare to other hotel breakfasts in Singapore. Local places for breakfast which are much cheaper and better food: Kith in Shaw Centre, Wild Honey in Scotts, Starbucks, Singapore Botanics. Hotel would benefit from more decoration in the lobby and dining area its very basic. The afternoon tea was almost the same price as having breakfast and it looked far better.

Brilliant central location so easy to walk everywhere centrally. Great welcome from staff. Swimming pool really great size in lovely garden but very quiet. Better pool bar service would be a bonus. Didnt feel like wondering into the Lobby in our wet swimwear.

Value for money!
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

The apartment is a bit far from the main road. If we could order the golf cart to transport our family between the apartment and the main road, that'd be perfect!

My 6-year-old daughter loves the split-level studio where we stayed. We had a party with friends and another family there. There's lots of good memory left over there! :-)

great room but pool and service can be better
    • Poolside Suite

The pool is not great not very big and simple, nor really inviting , as well as the deck chairs To be honest renovating is necessary for a hotel of this class . We could have had a bit more privacy for our expensive suite .The deckchairs before our room were always occupied by other guests, making noise and there was space enough to make a private terrace before the pool suites; there are not many . The breakfast is good but for a hotel of this standard you expect a bit more than good like a juice/pan cake station, also the selection of cheese was poor ( or no cheese at all) and most important bread was not tasty ( factory and sweet taste ) It could have been more quality bread .You can buy at many places in Singapore ... Staff can be more observant when we arrived in the late afternoon we joined immediately the Victorian high tea but the buffet was closed within 5 minutes we started . Actually when we sit down with our plated the waitress told us that the buffer would be closed in 5 minutes. A warning woud have been in place before we took the plates or a "last minute"discount ( we took less than half from what we would have taken normally) but in spite of that......... it was quite good .... We saw that staff was discussing about us the bill went back and came at full price at our table We did not complain about it because the quality was good but a more guest friendly approach would have been appreciated

We had the best suite in the hotel ( pool suite) and it was great ; all made with taste immediate pool access great shower good service nice ambiance

Was OK but was not as expected
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

The location of my property/the building with the lobby is separated and not comfy to walk for breakfast/ to the gym. And the options of breakfast was not as expected (very limited menu)

The location is very strategic with the shopping center

We wished we could stay much longer than our two days. Our stopover in Singapore was really fun.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Front foyer comfortable but not very welcoming. It lacks decoration and ambience compared to rest of hotel. Large bed mattress was a bit too hard.

Gracious old style charm and an iconic hotel from an earlier era in Singapore’s history. Very private and spacious rooms thoughtfully equipped & decorated were grouped around well planted and maintained pool courtyards. Fabulous location near main shopping and upmarket residential areas. Very helpful staff keen to assist with travel changes. Afternoon tea was most enjoyable.

I would like to return for a longer stay - and with my husband. The High Tea looked scrumptious, wil
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had booked an extra night, as my flight home to RSA left at 01h35 and I needed to shower and relax before going to the airport. However, my room had not been done by 15h30 and I had to ask for clean cups to have my tea. Also, when I requested a porter to help me with my luggage none appeared - so I had to lug my own suitcases downstairs before checking out and catching my taxi to the airport.

I loved my newly refurbished room decorated in restful neutral colors - very comfortable bed and pillows to order. Also loved the proximity to Orchard Street, and found it easy to use the Hippo Bus for sightseeing from nearby Marriott Hotel. The concierge, Idil, was very helpful and friendly.

My preferred hotel to stay for a week in Singapore - to combine work with some feelings of leisure
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It is a bit hard to trim the AC down one can only chose between "on" (super cold) or "off" (humid warm) but at least there is an extra fan on the ceiling of the room.

Very good customer service and staff always goes the extra mile. Food from room service is quite good. Cozy place to stay with lots of garden and ambience.

loction
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

the pictures in the booking about the hotel and the room is very different .. the pictures shows the rooms very big but the true is shok.......

first of all I book the splite unite it was far away from the hotel lobby and very old with very bad smell coz of the rain , and the kitchen was with a lot of ants .. however, I did not like the room so I want back to the reception and they change the room to (Hertage ) which it was good.

Fantastic stay and can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Loved the bath, although a little small - would have been nice to have bath foam for a luxury experience. Noise from guests next door to us but this is not the hotel's fault; just that some people are rude and selfish.

Large bedrooms with big comfortable beds. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the afternoon tea choice is really, really nice. Nice to have a bath available in the room, as well. Great location right in the centre of the City.

Very comfortable, stylish hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel has a lot of character and a good feel to it. We arrived here very early before our room was ready, and the hotel upgraded us to a pool suite with direct access to the larger pool. The staff are great - at reception and in the breakfast restaurant. We had a really pleasant stay here. It is a 5-10 minute walk to the Newton Food Centre which is great for dinner.

Satisfactory for the short 4 day stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room fittings are very dated and worn in a 1970's way. Radio reception on the in room radio were very distorted and unlistenable. Whilst not there for the TV that to was poor in reception and clarity and I would of thought one channel would have had the football world cup live.

Size of the rooms and the pool areas are very nice.

Singapore always manages to bring out the best in me. It’s vibrant, safe, with lots of things to do.

Nothing at the moment.

The beds were the perfect firmness, staff were polite and rooms were clean. Ideally located close to Orchard Road and other attractions.

Great historic building, huge swimming pool, great private...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food very expensive, bed very hard (may suit some)

Great historic building, huge swimming pool, great private landscaped property, great location accessible to Orchard Rd/transport, clean rooms, friendly accommodating staff

Location!
    • Poolside Suite

Worst breakfast buffet ever. Saw customers packing back in containers food. Group of clients were talking loud and were never even told to be quiet. Very small space where breakfast is offered and very small variety of food available. Chicken sausages were cold and sour. Rooms the way they are located have no privacy; everyone walks past and peeps through glass doors. Toilets r too shabby and small. Dingy rooms, old interior. In room cable/satellite entertainment has issues with most of the channels. Gives error messages “card not inserted properly” or u can just hear white noise or just audio and no video. Though some channels work, but who’s watching French channel in Singapore?? Sports channel during soccer World Cup was not even having any channel showing it.

Location!

below expectations
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

cannot believe such an established hotel do not have enough umbrella. on second day of stay was even given.a faulty umbrella that opens up suddenly n the sharp edges scratched me.

hotel is a very old abd historuc hotel which is what i like, although it was newly reburushed, its still verry old n worn out, floor was totally uneven and i get headache walking inside room, poor lightening in bathroom and near mirror area, room was noisy and could hear lift engine every now and then.

Comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had room with connecting door, could hear my neighbour's chatter if they are abit loud and unfortunately i had noisy ones.

Comfortable bed. Big room

I love it!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel doesn't have pedestarian that comfortable to walk on. It's a little bit far from the street and you need to carefully walk because you could be hit by any cars.

Everything! The staffs are very friendly, the location is excellent, and they're generously upgrading my room.

Breakfast confusion and poor airconditioning in our room. Apart from that, excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We knew we had booked room only with breakfast being extra and we were going to have breakfast on the first and last day. However, we were told on the first morning that breakfast was included so decided to have breakfast in the hotel every morning. Found out that "included" doesn't mean that, it means pre-booked! Beware being misled!

Large, comfortable room; two lovely pools, friendly and helpful staff; good location. Victorian English High Tea is wonderful.

Great location, nice and clean rooms, and the staff were...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location, nice and clean rooms, and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. Special thanks to Roman and the other hotel staff for helping me resolve the problem I had with the cab company.

Returned for a bit of nostalgia having stayed there some years ago. Disappointed.
    • Heritage Room

Mayfair wing is very tired as is small pool adjacent is in need of an upgrade. During heavy rain our ceiling leaked. I get the feeling that the hotel is deliberately being run down. Perhaps a refurbishment or a complete re build is on the horizon

Location. Old world charm

Love the custom-made writing desk which provides ample...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

National Geographic Channel and another channel were hang during the 2 days of our stay. Could have more channels in view of such hiccups. Quality of the image could also be improved.

Love the custom-made writing desk which provides ample working space and usage of a smart phone, Handy, with unlimited 4G data connectivity & free local/international calls to 11 countries. TWG tea bags were provided - absolutely fabulous. Green apples were provided as part of healthy eating at a not very conspicuous location. Hotel location is great with plenty of places to get food if one doesn't want to eat at the hotel. Had a staff to accompany guests to their rooms. Enjoyed the architecture of the building.

location of hotel and athmosphere it raidates.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

bath rooms require urgent refurbishing including walk-in showers. I was given to understand that a room refurbishment process in under way (reception block rooms) and the new rooms will be available by the end of this month.

location of hotel and athmosphere it raidates. I have used this hotel many times in as many years. It still provides excellent accommodation and very good food .

An oasis of calm in a very central and convenient position
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It would be an improvement is there was a designated pedestrian path from the front doors to the street instead of having to walk along the edge of the driveway.

The hotel is like an oasis of calm just off the top of Orchard road. We had a room with a balcony over the smaller pool area and loved the greenery and peace to be found there. The breakfast was superb with great quality food from several countries available. The afternoon teas looked amazing and were obviously a hub of Singaporean life. It still retains an 'old fashioned' but relaxed air in the very best sense of the word.

Pleasant experience. Will surely return!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room isnt sound-proof so we can hear some guests outside especially kids in the morning

Staffs are very helpful. The room is very big, clean and comfortable to stay.

Satisfactory stay!
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

The location is excellent. However the distance between the building where the suites are located is about a few minutes walk to the main building thus thats a negative. The suite is okay. Bedroom is lovely and so is the balcony and the living room. However the kitchen is a big disappointment as only one person can utilize it at any one time....thats how small it is! Bathroom is also situated in the living room and there is no privacy when you hv guest visiting. The furnitures need to be changed as they seem old and well worn out. Rubbish was also strewn on the corridors.

Friendly staff, nice hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Looks a bit outdated. Steak restaurant is overpriced for the quality you're getting.

Friendly staff, nice hotel. Delicious cakes! Good location if you like shopping.

Simply excellent
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff, excellent service, very comfortable spacious room, great location - and the colonial style makes it stand out from the other 5-star hotels in tall buildings.

Great service. Great
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pillows too soft. Route from carpark to hotel lobby was not covered - had to run through rain in one corridor.

Very personal service. The malay lady reception staff was especially attentive & thoughtful with our stay and requests. Made it a smooth bday surprise staycation and dinner for my wife. Nice comfy big room with balcony. Will return.

Won’t be back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms and decorations are quite run down. Toilet needs refreshing. Water run off from air con goes into the drainage in the toilet and causes constant dripping sound through the night. Had to use the floor towel to cover up the drainage hole to dampen the sound of the dripping water

Brilliant stay

Nothing to comolain about

Stunning historic hotel. Great staff. Fully furnished and spacious rooms. Also has brilliant restaurant and top notch bakery in the premise.

Fast and easy.

Slight miscommunication about my birthday cake. I had already prepared a birthday cake in advance and asked the front desk to hold on to it for me till 2pm and was hoping to have it in my room by 2pm ( because i had guest.) However, due to some form of miscom, my cake was scheduled to be surprisingly in at 6pm? instead of 2pm. So I requested once more, for the cake I had already gotten to be just left in my room at 8pm.( i did specify, the name of the cake, the color of the box, and my room number etc.) However, When We got back at 8pm, there was a Cake ( complimentary) which was really nice of the staff and the hotel to do. but it was not the cake in which I requested for. So again, I had to make a separate call to clarify the miscom.

The location of GOod wood hotel has always been accessible to many areas around orchard road, allowing us to get food or do various shopping during my birthday stay. HAving the 24hr gym was the best as it just allow us to get tired out during the nights we were too active to sleep. The makeup room was very fast. and done very well.

Very enjoyable stay in good location near Orchard Road.
    • Heritage Room

Two glitches: unreliable pick-up by Hotel Car at airport , kept us waiting for 1/2 hour because of "car rental payment problems" (sic!!). But the Hotel refunded payment in full. Peranakan restaurant (Indocafe') recommended by concierge was very poor. To be fair this was second choice as first choice was fully booked

Nice comfortable room, impeccable common area, good chinese restaurant on premises. Maintained some "Old Singapore" charm in the courtyard.

The vast space of their grounds.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were not friendly. They claimed they didn't get the booking.com voucher and it took ages to Check in. For a five star property I didn't expect that.

The vast space of their grounds.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms were spacious and comfortable staff were friendly and helpful the hotel is in a good location with good transport facilities nearby it's a lovely hotel to stay in.

Relaxing stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The directions (signs) to the rooms could have been clearer.

I like that the staffs are all very friendly. The cook at the egg station when I went for the breakfast buffet on 28 Apr, seems like he really enjoys what he is doing.

Comfort and style with good location
    • Deluxe Connecting Room

Very comforable hotel with friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to take care of us. Facilties were great and location was perfect as a short walk to Orchard Road.

Stayed 2 delightful nights at this hotel. Will certainly be going back.

No adverse comment.

We were upgraded to a suite by the pool surround. While modern, the hotel has a bit of charm from its origins as the old German Club building from the 19th century. And you couldn't fault the service. Staff were friendly, relaxed and super-efficient

Excellent property and would stay again.
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

Rigmarole around original payment by Credit Card. Card was subsequently cancelled but original charge had not been. I had to either repay or get a letter from my bank advising that credit card had been cancelled. Could have been handled much better. I felt all that was needed was a $1 charge on the new number to verify. I advised of new Credit card 1 month before my stay.

The apartment was exactly as advertised as per the pictures.

An exceptional place to stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything. This hotel is exceptional. The rooms, the staff and the food. We had been away nearly 8 weeks when on our final leg of our journey we stayed at the Goodwood Park Hotel for 3 nights. We have stayed in some very nice hotel but this one was the best. The staff are friendly, attentive and extremely helpful. We had a meal in the Gordon Grill, afternoon tea, which was amazing. Breakfast was extremely good too.

Nice old charm hotel, very historical and nostalgic. A relaxing stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Fitness room is small, converted from hotel room. There’s no sauna or hot bath facilities. When we book it says breakfast is included but when we checked in there’s none. No fruit basket in room. Renovation is still on going while it is not inconvenient than anyway

Old charming hotel. Impressive architecture and layout. Well kept gardens and a very relaxing place to stay.

Everything was great except for the staffs service at the reception (bad for both check in and out)
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

Service of staffs at the reception area Not friendly and were rushing to proceed with registration and no smiles. Did not hand the credit card to us instead and just put on the top. Very disappointed.

Durian festival at the Lobby Lounge. Spacious room with all the required facilities

Very disappointed with everything as I had gone for my migraine treatment and they were not helpful
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

Bad apartment withAir codtioning leakind - dirty stained toilet bowl.one employee actually told me preference is given to westerners and Chinese- quite racist I thought as I had asked for a better room- I was given an apartment much smaller- I prefer booked the room a day ahead as I wanted to come and sleep as whole night I was on a flight- however I githe room at 4pm - so they did not refund what I paid for the previous day till the next day- very unprofessional!

Suresh and other staff at all day dining were good

Wonderful stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Very expensive breakfast if you don't book in advance.

Quiet and relaxing. Human scale buildings compared to the sky scraper modern hotels that dominate Singapore. Beautiful Mayfair pool for a therapeutic swim early and late in the day.

Lovely Old Historic Hotel with loads of History of old Singapore,
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

What could have been better,

The Staff were excellent and so kind, I was unwell most of the time I was there and they went out of there way to make sure I had everything I needed, and make sure I was as comfortable as I could be. Nothing was to much trouble.

A beautiful apartment in the heart of the city
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

everything was perfect, but the gym could be upgraded with more modern equipment especially in the weight lifting area.

i like the fact that they offer small apartments with kitchenette, full size fridge and washing machine.

Can't wait to go back!
    • Parklane Split Level Studio

We had a lot of construction noise right outside our room due to an elevator repair, but the staff was wonderful and moved us to different rooms.

The location is great. It is so easy to get to Orchard Road and the MRT station.

A very pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The door to the bathroom - especially during the night. No real privacy during the day either. Shower over bath not so easy for senior visitors.

The meals we ordered although in different areas were all delicious. The staff were so polite, The building itself.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the smell of towels. And... I asked the staff to get a taxi to go to Singapore zoo. He arranged the luxury van owned by hotel ( I guessed). He said to the driver “By meter”, so I thought we were lucky to go there by nice car with the same cost as taxi. But it was almost double price. I realised that when I came back to the hotel by normal taxi. I felt like that was deception.

It was good location and the room was clean and spacious. The staff was kind and friendly.

Three days in Singapore
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We used to stay in this hotel, this time we got a upgrade to a suite which was really very pleasant. A larger room than normal and we certainly liked the Handy which we took with us on our many walks through Singapore. We did like the smaller swimming pool, pretty and a bit secluded

Fabulous.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Just climbing up the steep road to the hotel in very hot and humid temp but worth it.

I have stayed here before and love the tranquility and peaceful setting a lovely small storey hotel and not a huge glass storey block and yet close to the busy Orchard Road which is a great bonus to be so close to the action and transport links to explore elsewhere.

Comfy rooms, great location but neglected.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pool area completely unattended and filthy. Even the depth notices of the pool have rubbed off and the grass was overgrown. Checking in was a bit of a pain with a pretty robotic front desk girl and two different credit cards declined for no reason...and then eventually the second one worked when input manually. Checking out was much better though.

Room was old style decor but very comfortable. Bed was awesome. Food was pretty decent.

Enjoyed the peace, quiet, tranquility of suite, friendly staff, ambience & cleanliness. Excellent.
    • Poolside Suite

The Hotel has such a beautiful Colonial ambience, outside patio flowing onto main pool I felt could be utilized for breakfast buffet flowing from indoor buffet rather than the restaurant currently being used. Such “Grandieur” in the buffet area, flowing out to pool area. The breakfast was good, yet could be better for a 5 star rated hotel, felt “somewhat flat & disjointed”, some mornings.

Loved the suite, space, peace & quiet, yet close to all amenities.

We shall come back regularly
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We felt very welcome and the staff at reception was very helpfull with any question. The pools are very nice and there s a good atmosphere arnd the hotel n staff

Excellant location for walking in Singapore.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellant location for walking in Singapore. Near shops, botanical gardens etc. Lovely rooms and exceptional; swimming pool. Staff friendly and helpful .

Browse Goodwood Park Hotel traveller photo gallery