Reviews of Grand Copthorne Waterfront 5 stars

392 Havelock Road, Robertson Quay, 169663 Singapore, Singapore

#196 of 475 hotels in Singapore

Cleaniness of the room should have been better. I had strands of hair stucked to my hairdryer. Room service staffs could have been polite. Being busy is not an excuse for being rude. I got an email from the hotel stating that they could arrange a cake for me since it was my anniversary but the cake didnt appear till i checked out.

The staff that checked me in was extremely nice. Sadly, I could not remember her name. Kudos to her!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room i booked was under the La Residenza suite but the pictures looked different from the actual suite.

The environment of the La residenza floor.

• Club Double Room

Breakfast can have more variety, specially Authentic local food.

Excellent Service and helpful staff overall. Staff at the Reception and Club were particularly very helpful and ensured our stay was memorable. Room was very Cosy with awesome views.

We had a very short stay- wish we could stay longer.

The buffet breakfast was awesome. It was very delicious and extensive covering different tastes. The service of the restaurant and homekeeping staff was also great.

Checked in early so were lucky there was a room ready. Still had to pay $150 for the early check in, even though the room as just sitting there. Checked out early the next morning, no credit of course for the early check out. Just think it's a bit cheeky. A couple of coffees at the bar, S$20 . . . yikes. Ordered a chicken, bacon, egg, salad toasted sandwich. Wife is a coeliac so hers did arrive on gluten free bread, but no chicken (guess it wasn't gluten free) and no side of fries (guess they weren't gluten free), but still charged the full price. Really?! Room needed a good clean. Mould along the bottom of the shower curtain. Yuck. Some strange stain on one of the lamp shades too. I've stayed here before and remember a far better product.

Spacious room, good restaurant and staff very helpful.

I thought as it was closer to Roberson Walk with all the Restaurants etc. My mistake I guess. Thats where I wanted to be

Everything was good really, not holycrap good. Just good

Because we upgraded our room, breakfast was included but must admit we were disappointed with it! A lot of the food was on heaters but unfortunately was cold, nothing worse than cold bacon and hash browns!! Also, we didn't realise that the hotel was quite a way from all the main attractions, but that was our error.

Michelle and Mark on reception were very helpful to us and overall we were very happy with the hotel. We upgraded our room as we arrived early in the morning and needed to get some rest, otherwise we would have had to wait until 2pm to check in.

Loved everything

Hotel was in a great location about 15 walk to Clark quay, but only 2 minutes walk to restaurants bars and cafes. Bar bar black sheep is especially good across the river. All the staff were excellent especially on checkin when we were showed to a quiet area after a long flight and were able to freshen up. Our room was ready early about 10:30 which was good. We will definitely stay here again couldn’t fault it

Rooms need full maintenance , furnitures need renew small flying and hovering insects in room

the staff was kind and responsive for every request, Swimming pool although it is Tiny, but it is nice security system

Wallpaper was peeling in the corner of the room, and there was no instructions for the room cleaning buttons by the door which took a day to work out! It took about 15-20mins walk to the nearest metro which felt a long way in the humid heat, although there were buses running closer, but were harder to coordinate due to one way systems! The times of the free shuttles were not very convenient for tourists. Would pick somewhere more central next time.

Great selection of food at breakfast from a variety of cuisines - good omelettes cooked to order, plus a range of Asian and Western cuisines, with different choices each day. Pool open till 9.30pm was good, to have a cool, quiet swim when we arrived. Beds were comfy. Free water provided daily.

One of the rooms given was not prepared to our liking but this was amicably settled by management to our full satisfaction

Evening buffet was excellent

Maybe the 10-15 mins walk towards the closest MRT station is not ideal. But taxis are readily available and I consider it a small issue only.

The staff was excellent, polite and very helpful. I asked the previous day for a late checkout and it was granted, which I am very happy about. The rooms in Grand Copthorne are clean, large (definitely larger than in most hotels in Singapore) and decently furnished. The location by the river made pleasant walks to and from the hotel. The hotel has a luxury feeling but the price stays reasonable for the quality of the hotel, staff and service. I would recommend it and stay there again if I have the opportunity.

Hotel staff did not attend my several complains during the night as was a bunch of guys partying outside the room. As a result could not sleep until 3am (travelling with a baby).

had no moans about this place at all.

Great staff very Helpful, as a couple in our 30s loved the location away from the craziness but close enough for a short stroll to great bars and restaurants or hire a Ofo bike AKA O'bike for short pedal to Clarke Quay for the night life, also taxis and Uber is very affordable so theres no problem getting around via vehicle, beds are extremely comfortable we stayed in a standard room and that was plenty big enough for getting ready to get your day/night started. house keeping was very good. pool was not huge but enough to cool off in the afternoon. heaps of options at breakfast so you wont leave hungry, i would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling. we also had a 1am flight and they were happy to hold our bags until 10pm that night while also giving us access to there pool level. they went a little bit further than we expected and after a day out celebrating my birthday come back to our room to be welcomed by a beautiful slice of chocolate raspberry cake little things like that really make you appreciate your stay even more thank you to the staff at Grand Copthorne.

• Club Double Room

At check-in, I had to wait 25 minutes before I was told my room was not ready. Booked & paid for an executive club room (such room starts from 25th Floor) but was given one on the 24th Floor. The room befits one from an old tired 3-star hotel rather than a 5-star hotel. The bathroom has many signs of deterioration.

• Club Double Room with Bay View

I was twice served wine which was not what was ordered, the wine waiter insisted that I was mistaken until I asked to see the bottle... I had ordered New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and they served Australian

extra comfy bed, good size rooms and very good club class benefits

The location is not easy to reach as it is not near the rail station and has to be reached with buses that don't go in a loop but in a single direction. The breakfast selection is limited and not as fantastic.

I requested for a slice of birthday cake for my fiance but the hotel prepared a full creamy chocolate cake and a complimentary glass of red wine. Absolutely mindblowing!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The toilet was not as I expected to be but it is fine. And there is no water for washing as well we are Muslims. Also the Qibla sticker for praying was not available. I stayed in deloxe room with two separate beds.

I like the hotel style, but I disappointed from the room. Was not as what I expected to be like. As well as it is 5 star hotel.

• Club Double Room with Bay View

Excellent in every way. Friendly helpful staff gave us a late check out as our next flight was late evening. Stayed in a club room and got complimentary breakfast as well as snacks and cocktails in the evening. Well worth upgrading to.

It would be great if the concierge helped us with our bags.

As it was my mum's birthday, the hotel had given me an upgrade to the Club room with executive lounge excess. VIP treatment from the moment we checked in. I loved that they were very accommodating at the club floor even when the upgrade was given to us. The staff took the liberty to remember my name and always ensured that I am comfortable and happy at whatever I was doing. All the staff from the reception to the Executive lounge were really pleasant. They really made me feel important. Excellent service. The staff really paid attention to details. My mum was really happy with the hotel too. . The hotel had given her a birthday cake and it was really wonderful and really delicious. The pool was small but very nice. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms are really clean. I definitely enjoyed my stay and will be returning back again.

We particularly booked this hotel as it said they provide Handy smartphone. It was not provided. And the reason given was room upgradation which does not qualify as a valid reason.

Had to pay for ice - but you would in a conviience store as well. The room was small and dated but comfortable

Check in staff very accommodating and helpful , the biuffet on the evening was really good value especially if you could get discount through applications - eat a little earlier it got crowded The bed was comfortable and pillows as well . Breakfast was good a buffet for all nationalities... eat as much or as little as you would like

We really enjoyed our stay at Grand Copthorne Waterfront- great location, friendly helpful staff and our room had the most beautiful view straight down the river. We loved the free Handy smartphone available in the room and used it everyday that we went out exploring and never got lost or missed an experience. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Evening meal is quite pricey and I found queuing for certain foods tiresome and not replenished by the time my place came.

The breakfast coffee is the best.

• Club Double Room

Some of the finishes I.e. bathroom was untidy and silicon around the bath was poorly finished and coming away

Concierge was great, club lounge staff were friendly and helpful

our room didn't have a bath, but all our other friends had one in their bathrooms. I think they should offer their guests a cheaper rate for breakfast, or throw in complimentary breakfast.

I liked the overall experience at the hotel, the pool and gym facilities were excellent, even the tennis court. The décor was very warm and welcoming, I even liked that after we checked out, they held our bags and offered we could freshen up before heading to the airport.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Air-conditioning thermostat is not working in our suite. It was too cold even when aircond equipment were shut off! One of the Air-conditioning diffuser is dripping with condensate water.

Location snd room size

I have just had a OP and was awake at 4am every day due to the pain and they would not let me have a coffee even though the machine was ready for use.

The location was perfect

Ordered a coffee to take away and was charged approx. $10.... an outrageous price for average coffee... the hotel is not a 5star hotel and to charge that price!!!

Reasonable cost for accommodation On the river so good place to be able to do an early morning run

nothing......

This is our third stay , that says much .......We both like to get value tor money and this hotel delivers in so many ways , the staff the food ,the view from the executive lounge and the staff and hospitality in the executive lounge ... much of this is down to the guidence of shirley one of the team leaders who makes sure everything is just spot on ..It would be unfair to name other staff in case we leave someone out but they are all very proffesional and manage that balence that is the sign of a good hotel , the balance that means they are by your side if you need them but invisible when you dont ....So well done one and all ,keep up the good work .....Colin and Eileen

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was just perfect (hard and firm type, not soft) You may choose the type of pillow. also, the midnight room order was better than expected, not a high quality but at least enough. And the smoking room was very nice for a smoker like me.

Longest Check In Process Ever, not queue but the time spent in the process of checking in by the staff...otherwise everything else was great!

Excellent view

Like a lot of other hotels we've been to, check in took forever. But not too big of an issue for us.

It's our second time at Grand copthorne and the breakfast selection has improved since the last time we were there. I really enjoyed the waffles and spring rolls at breakfast. We were upgraded to deluxe room supposedly but it was different from the deluxe room we had before so not too sure we were upgraded but nice gesture from the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Initially we were not given the room we requested for upon check-in and we took another room. However, when we requested for a room change the reception did not follow-up with us despite repeat reminders. Thankfully, the duty manager came to our aid and gave us a free upgrade as the room we wanted was unavailable. Nice touch, thank you!

I dropped something behind the bed and when I reached out to grab it using my flash light I was shocked with the amount of dirt and filth that has been accumulated over I do know how long...the need to clean behind there as well once in a while.

Amazing view from the higher floors, the brekfast and lunch buffet was outstanding!

Room aircon not cold enough during the night. Swimming pool too small. Not well organised during breakfast time, not enough manpower, not enough seats.

Friendly staff. Let me early check in and provided nice room. Comfortable stay.

Weekend breakfast was incredible busy and felt more 3 star. Lots of weddings conferences during the weekend so busy. Better on weekdays.

Close to public transport. Amazingly helpful concierge and welcome staff. Pool area nice but not very big.

The room could have done with a refurbish and was not particularly clean when we arrived. The outlook was a building site. The pool was in need of an upgrade.

The bed was very comfortable.

Anna, a cleaning lady at the 18th fl, where are room was, was very kind and helpful. She gave us great tips about Singapore and Vietnam. She was from Vietnam so was very excited to share with us travel destinations.

• Club Double Room

Room service quality is very poor for a hotel claiming to be 5 star. Food arrived cold and wrapped in glad plastic. It is totally overpriced.

Room was adequate. Club facilities met expectations. Thankfully the breakfast in the club was OK as the general breakfast was very poor.

It will be good if they can renovate the Swimming pool a little as the tiles in the Swimming pool had given me a scratch on my feet while I was Swimming during my stay.

Choice of pillow is available which exceeds my expectations.

Not the best location for public transport links but taxis were reasonably priced and easy to pick up from the hotel.

The beds were very comfortable and the staff were helpful and efficient.

the staff billed us more and did not even care to give us receipt. We were in a hurry as the taxi was waiting so it was only later that day when we found out the over charge. I send out email to complain but nothing came back. I will definitely not book again and have told my friends about it.

the food

This is the 2nd time I am at the hotel. The first time, there were bloopers. This time round, my extended family came too. We had 2 b-day celebrations and decided on a staycation. No more bloopers this time. Bed, room etc were very good. food was the restaurant was good- walkable to robertson quay and great world city. location was god.

the breakfast is nice but poor service. Cups are not ready to serve more guests. Staff is not friendly enough. Busy in clearing the breakfast away quickly when time just sharp "to be" ended though the guests still lining to take the foods.

The overall hotel decoration and ambience are pleasing. The waterfront location is great.

• Club Double Room with Bay View

I feel the extra money for the Executive floor facilities left a lot to be desired and was not in fact good value for money.

The property was in an excellent location and the facilities were very good. The barman (I think his name was Richard) was exceptional and was very informative. The rest of the Staff were also very professional. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The rooms were very old-fashioned and terribly small for the money paid. The bathroom was tiny and for 2 people we could barely move around. Only one person could enter the bathroom at a time - the edge of the door touched the toilet every time it was opened or closed. Breakfast was good - nothing great.

The view.

Nothing to mention

Overall atmosphere was nice/Lively & Breakfast Quality was asper international 4* Hotel. This was my 2nd visit & wish to stay on my next visit here again

The breakfast was bloody fantastic, the location is amazing and the staff are wonderful. The room was OK - for the price we expected a bit better quality.

What happen to the bath tub? In the middle of night there was a small baby cockroach on my water bottle on the desk

Check in person was flexible enough to provide me extra bed at no charge when I wanted twin beds but there were no twin beds available

Swimming pool is quite basic, difficult to get towels at swimming pool.

The location is really nice next to Singapore River and close to good restaurants/bars. Good place to stay if on holiday.

• Club Double Room with Bay View

There was an issue with overbooking, which according to the staff was most likely due to booking through booking.com. Despite the issue, it was good that the staff offered a late check out or a switch of room if available later. However, they had only mentioned this compensation after calling the reception multiple times. And they had not made clear the difference in the room we got during check in, which confused us greatly when we realised.

Poor Breakfast. It seems, that there is a lot of food to choose from, but when you look closer, ther isn't really something which I would take twice. From such hotel I expect at least a real cheese. Not a toast cheese. etc.

The View!

on the 3rd day of my stay, my room started to smell musty and moldy, this happened for over 2 days before I let reception know and asked if they can ask the cleaners to spray some air freshener in the room. this helped a little bit. the air conditioning was getting way too cold, so i had to turn it on low which then meant i could smell the mustiness of the room again. the bath tub was pealing and flaking, so you couldn't have a bath in it, and there was a rubber bath mat to stand on. the complementary iphone that you could use to find out more information about the hotel wasn't working, so there was no other information in the room.

the room provided the basic services that you need for a room. I was visiting during my birthday and received a complementary cake, which was nice. the staff were very helpful and friendly

Went down with bedroom slippers for breakfast but got told off by one of the hotel staffs(Darren Tan). He could have greeted me nicely at least, he pretty much spoiled my mood in the morning.

Room service staff were excellent! Extended service were given. The pool area and the fitness centre were great! Loved it!

The attitude of staff, service standards, check in time (it took us almost an hour at 1 in the morning) was all below average. The breakfast was not great, the strawberry on one of the pastries in their display cabinet even had fungus on it. They had a pillow and mattress menu in the room, but couldn't offer absolutely any choice. The rooms that we had selected, and requested were not available. Despite requesting them for wheelchair accessible room, initially we were not provided and had to argue for 15 minutes to get it.

It was clean, and centrally located with a good river side seating. Everything else was just average.

Breakfast was a challenge , a buffet free for all and always busy.

Free i-phone with Hotel and resort information plus free calls, room facilities were good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It took a while for the dishes to be cleared at breakfast. I believe that the LNY period meant there was less staff on duty? The coffee machines ended up having to be cleaned about 30 minutes to the end of breakfast and it was upsetting that staff had to be alerted to clear the machine drawers. I also felt that that reception staff could have been more friendly as they appeared to be emotionless and not approachable. The bathroom’s air vent needs to be cleaned as dust could be seen collected and it was not pleasant to the eye. When we arrived at the swimming pool, there was unfortunately no clean towels available for us.

The hotel was very close to many eateries and we had a chance to patronise two of them. It was nice to have the quay next to the hotel. The buffet breakfast spread was quite good. The room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I think the location of the hotel is also great.

• Club Double Room with Bay View

The pool area was very small and the pool bar was not open whenever we visited it.

The hotel was excellent and the service from Shirley Chng and her team in the club lounge was excellent

The very crowded check in area and small relaxing area - very noisy!

Bed was terrific and comfortable - very clean - a little out of the way which we liked - but we ate across the road at another property.

Unable to use the fridge drinks... compared to other hotels. It requires a $100 dollar down deposit payment... What if a person does not have any creditcard or $100 cash on hand. This must be change.

Breakfast is awesome! Toilet is very clean, one thing to improve is having a toilet spray for users doesnt like to use toilet paper

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was lousy , the area of the breakfast very congested , eating breakfast was no pleasure ? I would not stay again , as there are better hotels in Singapore with similar pricing ,. The attitude of the staff was very average , never saw anybody smile , my checking in procedure was a mess as the room alloted was not ready even by 2 pm , another was given and I had to reject the same , then fight with the staff to give me a room closer to my choice .

The room was very spacious , a bigger TV should be installed ,with better channels .

We arrived early from an all night flight and requested a call before check in time if there was one available. But the reception girl never called even though the room was available. When we got to the room finally they had the wrong bed configuration and we have to wait another 45 minutes to correct it. In the end they gave us a room which had been free all along! Reception staff were useless and unapologetic although the girl Claudia on the phone was nice and helpful and helped escalate. It was a horrible way to have a transit holiday. We chose a place to relax in but they just caused us much stress. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday this is not the place.

Comfy bed, beautiful shower facility, great location,

Bedroom felt damp, cold and foisty. There was mould around the ventilation grille. The plug and waste in the bathroom sink needed cleaning as water would not drain away very easily.

Location and spacious public spaces.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food/drinks menu had many missing items, e.g. we ordered room service, and they did not have sprite/seven up or diet coke, only regular coke. Another day we ordered strawberry yoghurt and rice krispies cereal (both on the menu), and again both were unavailable.

• Club Double Room with Bay View

Had to take taxis quite a lot as a fair distance to the center of Singapore, although the walk along the river was lovely in the evening.

We had a club room so enjoyed the facilities this offered which were excellent. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff in the club room and on reception very friendly and helpful.

My room wasn’t fully cleaned, the toilet seat had urine stains and one of the bins wasn’t emptied. The bathroom altogether was quite dated and had some mould. Breakfast was terrible, a massive crowd of grabbing people, resulting in either empty or cold bowls of food.

The staff was pleasant and the location was great by the queys. The room was nice and it was great that I was allowed to check in early!

I got food poisoning from the prawn fried rice they offer in the room service menu, I was very sick and couldn't do anything we have planned with the family, after 4 days im still sick at home, the stuff didn't charges us for the late check out and said they will send us an email following up but we never received one :(

1st room, smelled heavily of tobacco smoke though it was on a non smoking floor. 2nd room, shower drain did not work nor did the aircon adjustment.

Breakfast was good as was the Italian restaurant.

Breakfast was too much crowded, felt that better if we had the second restaurant or slightly larger table arrangement.

Comfort bed and Large Room exceeded the expectations and really it was much worth for the rate that we paid. Location is calm and convenient for us to reach the areas that we visited.

Nothing I could think of.

I liked the hotel’s location being very central and convenient. I especially liked it because of its buffet breakfast which made our stay memorable. Also enjoyed the shuttle bus which took us to several places and jt helped our stay more meaningful.

Me and my husband stayed for a week for our honeymoon. Absolutely wonderful staff and facilities. Exceptionally clean rooms and can’t fault a thing. Great location, and will be even better once the new MRT has finished being built. Will definitely stay again on our next trip to Singapore.

The hotel charge room rates straight away after booking even your arrival one month after, so you can’t change . You will be charge at any time if cancellation . and they charge on the Visa card when check in , this should not be taking money from guest Acount it just the deposit so pre athourise only . It took me 3 week to get my money back .

Breakfast is fine

Staff were extremely attentive, particularly when we checked out. One man offered to take and store our cases and offered us water, whilst we waited in reception. Another, the duty manager Izhar, saw us waiting and gave us complimentary late check out so we could use our room until 4pm. This was much appreciated.

Clean the room properly.

Our toilet is not clean. It’s dry but its obviously not clean. i can see all the dirt and stains on the tiles. our fuscet is not working properly (leak) that is causing the entire sink to be super wattery. we purposely went there to find find comfort as newly wed but im not happy at all with our small room. one of the toothbrush also is used and was kept again inside the box. check-in time is a bit disappointed. process is too long. over all im very dissatisfied

Browse Grand Copthorne Waterfront traveller photo gallery