Reviews of Grand Park City Hall 5 stars

10 Coleman Street, City Hall, 179809 Singapore, Singapore

#311 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• New Deluxe Room

No negative comments - just note the property is undergoing a significant renovation, meaning many facilities are in temporary location, meals are limited for same reason. Nothing bad, just part of the process.

Staff excellent - went out of way to be helpful. Newly renovated rooms with smart control panel, well thought out design. Location great.

• New Deluxe Room

The App didn't run every time it was launched. Hope that's gonna be fixed soon. And there's a renovation in the hotel thus it may cause some discomfort, but for business stay that was not an issue at all.

Excellent breakfast, optimal location, decent gym with youtube available services, metro is very close. Plus! You can use mobile app to control your room services. Very nice experience and great stay!

• New Deluxe Room

Currently undergoing renovation but this had a minimum impact on my stay , the positives far outweigh any minor disruptions

Newly renovated and very comfortable all round ... sumptuous breakfast, excellent staff service

• New Deluxe Room

Did not highlight that room is under renovation Did not react prompt enough to inform this information. The only left over smoking room only available at corner room despite my notification that i do not want a corner room. The corridor to corner room is very long and other rooms seem to be still under renovation. View from my room is not nice at all.

the cleanliness of the room and grade of coffee. Shower kit smells good.

• New Deluxe Room

The rooms were very dusty and not sweeped or mopped well at all. Being a 5 star rated hotel they should have done a better job.

The hotel was able to give us an early check-in and a late check-out. They also gave us an extra complimentary breakfast the day we did early check in though it wasn't part of the iteniary.

• New Deluxe Room

Staff at check-in, general attitude of staff, hotel was in general just ok. Hotel is undergoing a renovation and this is something they should inform their guests prior to their arrival. I booked king bed and insisted of having one. This resulted in me having a room right next to the construction (inside the hotel and outside on the neighbouring building), they should not be giving rooms right next to construction while it's ongoing. Check-in was lengthy and the staff didn't seem like they've got things under control. Service is poor in general. Hotel is overall ok and nice.

Location of the hotel is great, restaurant is nice, breakfast is nice.

• New Deluxe Room

The check-in desk is understaffed, if l had questions, and to check-out l faced a long wait

The recently refurbished rooms look very good and create a very comfortable environment. The app to control lighting, aircon and services is a great idea.

• New Deluxe Room

The over- reliance on technology is this hotels big downfall. On checking in I was told that downloading the hotel app would help me control the services in the room. I asked if I could download it in my room as was told yes. However in the room I couldn’t not get it to work. The man who delivered my luggage explained that it had to be activated at reception which I had not been told. That meant I had to rely on the control panel which is cumbersome and much less responsive than the average smartphone. When I went downstairs to get the app activitated, the lady on the front desk could not get it to work. She gave me a hotel phone to use but by the time I returned to the hotel from a day of meetings the battery had died. The whole experience was very frustrating.

• New Deluxe Room

I didn’t like all the Chinese tour bus guests running around so loud and taking over the elevators. Annoying.

Location is amazing. Bed and room is fantastic.

• New Deluxe Room

Have to scan your hp very near to the scanner in the lift. It was a 1st for me so it take some time to get use to it. They do however provide 1 key card just in case. Aircon in the room not on properly and we slept with temp of 28 :( As all operated by touchscreen panel, unable to figure it out. Back frm dinner past midnight, waited for the room to be cool but end up too tired and sleep only to wake up every hr sweating. Informed the hotel and got it fix and they were very kind to extend the check out time to 1600hrs.

Smart hotel where you operate everything by your hp/app.

• New Deluxe Room

Unfortunately, there was a great amount of work being carried out art the moment, but not a great deal of noise disruption. I would like to see the finished work on the hotel, I'm sure it will be superb.

The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for you. Breakfast was good and they allowed us a little extra time after check out.

Everything was Superb. The room was very comfortable, the crowd problem solving and really helpful and the breakfast really good. I can't not find anything bad, maybe the lack of a good place to work in the room

• New Deluxe Room

Air conditioning not that great. Hotel was also under renovation so lot of noise, even though they apologized for the inconvenience.

Good staff. Very clean. Comfortable beds.

• New Deluxe Room

Nothing really. I've stayed with them 3 years ago and had pretty good observations then. More so now.

They allowed us to check in earlier than the standard 2pm. And they even offered late check out. Unfortunately, our flight is at 1030am the next day. But hey, I travel a lot and have not really encountered hotels who offer late check outs. And they provide organic bathroom products. A relief for organic products user like me since this means bringing in less personal items next time I travel to Sg.

• New Deluxe Room

We were not forewarned about the major refurbishment works taking place. There was a lot of associated building noise, all ratings would have been excellent otherwise

The location and staff

• New Deluxe Room

Most of the hotel is under renovation. Noise levels were very high, starting at 09:00am and finishing in the evening. Lots of dust in the passages. This was more a 4 start hotel pretending to be a 5 star one.

• New Deluxe Room

The worst part it’s under renovation since last one and half year. Too noisy. Breakfast not like a 5 star hotel does. While trying to make rooms modern with hi tech they have made everything so difficult. Putting on and off the lights, Air Con etc is hell of a job especially for a person like me who need reading glasses. It was so simple and easy before that while leaving just by taking out the key card from the slot everything goes off automatically. Now you need time to do all that and if you are in hurry, you will have to leave everything on, which is not good.

Location. Staff courtesy.

• New Deluxe Room

They trying to be to modern but I didn’t like to have a touch control fixed on the wall to turn on and off lights, aircon, fun..

They are under renovation, pool was closed. Not bad cause they had informed it before. Very good location (across the street from City Hall MRT station), confy bed and Great breakfast!

• New Deluxe Room

I wasn't informed that their would be renovations going on, and my bedroom was the closest to the work. Extremely loud drilling began from 9am, so I got no rest. Had I know renovation would be occurring then I would NOT have booked. Apart from that the staff would very friendly.

• New Deluxe Room

I booked this hotel only due to Pool and stayed 5 days but couldn’t access pool so poor waste of money

Mood was off one arrival , when get to know there is no pool

Everything was fine

Everything was good, the lady on reception (Flora) was really helpful person, guy who dropped our luggage was good too. Restaurant staff was good as well

• New Deluxe Room

Hotel is still under renovation so literally half of the hotel is still closed off including the pool. Drills and construction works were heard occasionally. The gym was awkwardly placed in the same level where check in and dining were. The lift although very fancy, kept getting stuck at level 4 for some technical reason regardless of if we were heading up or down to the 6th floor. Smart room lacked UX functionality and was hard to navigate screen on the wall.

Staff were very friendly and tended to our requests. They were kind enough to even send our food delivery from an external restaurant up to us. Spacious room and tastefully designed with high ceilings. I liked that both fan and aircon were installed enabling the control of the room temperature.

• New Deluxe Room

Due to ongoing construction, it could get a bit dusty and noisy.

The hotel is new (still some parts undergoing construction) but I like the design and concept.

• New Deluxe Room

The common areas and the facilities will be much improved once the extensive refurbishment is complete but for the time being facilities are extremely limited. The aircon and lighting control system in the rooms is fiddly and excessively complicated, but that's sadly not unusual modern hotels!

Excellent location and good value. The refurbished rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. The staff were helpful and professional.

• New Deluxe Room

Didn't like the "Panel" concept in the rooms from which we select the lightings, air conditioning temp etc. I prefer manual light switches.

The friendly, helpful and courteous staff. The lovely hotel room, beds and a great shower!

• New Deluxe Room

Slow receptionist and check in process Third year that hotel is under renovation Small restaurant unable to hold capacity of hotel Was not clear at point of booking that some facilities were unavailable

• New Deluxe Room

manager’s attitude. Staff on reception very nice. Concierge very helpful. Just liked hotel as it was before as far too noisy and far too modern.

Location is great. Hotel very noisy with building work going on. practice fire alarm very big brother with warnings coming from intercom system. It gave me a terrible headache and we had to leave the hotel and go opposite for coffee until over.

• New Deluxe Room

No available amenities. (swimming pool, outside areas etc). The temporary entrance was okay, but not all that clearly signposted.

The location is great for many amenities in the central area of Singapore. Restaurant and reception staff are great! The scrambled eggs were a "slop" but their Omelettes and breakfast was great overall.

• New Deluxe Room

The hotel was under reconstruction during our stay and in our first night it was doing despite they told us they do not do it during the night. It resulted nonstop noise all night long. I left £120 accidentially on the bed in the morning which had disappeared by the time we went back to the hotel that night. Made a claim but the money has gone forever. Even I felt embarrasing because they were just telling me this has never happened before. No compensation was offered in any form. The floor was dusty and dirty in the room. The towels were changed despite we followed the rules and didnt want them to change from environmental perspective.

The hotel was under reconstruction and as a compensation we got free breakfast for one day. Walking distance from the centre and tourist attractions. Good connection to the MRT

• New Club Deluxe Room

The switch control for the lights is not user friendly: - lagging in response - the steps to turn on or off is simply too cumbersome. - the status of the "Do Not Disturb" Sign is not visible such that if we accidentally changed it, we would not know

- the new decor - the breakfast which is of less spread but of better quality - the staff service with a smile - the club service is nice

• New Deluxe Room

Hotel is undergoing renovation but noise is negligible during evenings.

Location was excellent which was near Suntec City which was holding a convention I was attending. Rooms are very roomy and modern.

• New Deluxe Room

Service - the hotel was under refurbishment Poor room service having to ring them back, failing to tell me what wasn’t available by ringing me back after taking my my order Poor refurbishment of room amenities, like min bar - I could go on, but wasn’t happy in general - anything I asked for seemed difficult - and not having enough seats for guests at breakfast was last straw

• New Deluxe Room

The staff were all very well trained. They spoke and presented the messaging from the hotel management in a consistent manner. From the Concierge to the Reception and the Breakfast area, and back to the Concierge there was a lot of synergy.

• New Deluxe Room

Wish they had told me they were under renovations and was going to be real noisy during the day before i booked

Very close to Raffles City. City Hall is quite central to everything

• New Club Deluxe Room

I arrive the hotel at 9 in the morning to drop my bag, the staff was helpful. I checked in and got the bag deposit tag. When I returned to the hotel at 11pm at night, I was very sleepy and the staff was very very slow. He kept asking if I had already checked in or not and when I ask for where should I have breakfast he ignored. He asked again for if the morning staff already showed me how to use the phone application, after I told him million times the morning staff had not tell me anything yet.

Located in a very good area and close to nation museum of art. Just 5 minutes walk from City hall underground and you will arrive the hotel. The room is well designed and clean. Also this hotel got a variation of breakfast.

• New Deluxe Room

During check out I was told I will receive the deposit that was withheld for the incidentals, it was never explained it will take 14 days. In fairness, when I sent an email regarding the matter, the response was immediate so that was good. Also, our flight was at 10am so we were at breakfast att 6am, I wanted to order American breakfast but Mary was the only one and needless to say she was busy attending to the buffet I felt bad. She tried her best. Normally we go to breakfast later.

The bed were so comfortable that we sleep in the day after we got to Singapore. Traveling from Jacksonville, Florida USA to Manila, Philippines and to Singapore we needed the extra rest. The breakfast buffet was awesome, I had the opportunity to order American breakfast if I so desire, which is a bonus.

• New Deluxe Room

Work being done on our floor, which started around 9am. We only stayed one night, so it was not too bad.

Nice newly refurbished room, good value for money. Nice breakfast, many breakfast items can be ordered from a separate menu Included to the buffet breakfast.

• New Deluxe Room

Noisy floor on level 7 regardless of renovations. Thin doors you can hear your neighbors. Toilet also made funny noises after Flushing. No access to pool.

Bed was comfy, facilities were clean and new

• New Deluxe Room

There is ample space in the walk in shower but the rest of the bathroom is a bit tight. The window longer could be a bit deeper. The facilities are limited at the moment due to major renovation to the property. Having said that the construction noise was hardly noticeable.

The refreshed look of the newly renovated room, has a nice understated contemporary relaxing vibe (cool colors of black, shades of grey, dark brown wood) with a bit of local finishing touches (black and white photos of local nearby heritage buildings and the decorative floor tiles at the entrance and in the bathroom). Had a nice window lounger. The ceiling fan helps cool the room further so that less AC Is required.

• New Deluxe Room

The hotel is undergoing a major refurbishment- no problem unless you want to sleep during day as drilling very noisy. Our room was one of the refurbished - very modern. Lots of style but little thought. All the lights were controlled by a touch pad at one side of the bed only. Such a faff and it meant that my husband who slept at the other side couldn't even put on a little side light. What's wrong with a switch? Great safe in the wardrobe but you had to get on your hands and knees to use it.

The hotel's location was great for us. A stop for the Hop on Hop off bus just round the corner, a five minute stroll to Raffles Hotel for the not to be missed Singapore Sling and a 10 minute stroll to the river, with all its bars and restaurants

• New Deluxe Room

The site specifies that there is work being done to the hotel, but grossly underplays how much noise and dust there is. Staff at the entrance and in general are nosey to the point of rudeness and seem to confuse intrusiveness with polite chit chat. The site says that no prepayment is taken. I was planning to pay with my currency card, and they charged my day to day UK card immediately after making the booking. Breakfast is low quality compared to other 5* hotels. It's still expensive considering it has such limited facilities. An overall 'meh' experience.

This hotel will be fantastic once the renovation is done.

• New Deluxe Room

If a hotel is undergoing structural renovation, it should be mentioned on the booking website. Excessive noise in the room after 9AM due to construction. Hotel's pool closed, also due to renovation, not advertised. Yes there is a shuttle bus to another hotel if you'd like to swim, but that is nowhere nereby and not convenient. Then there's the connectivity gone too far: yes i'm IoT generation, but having to use an app which requires both wifi and bluetooth to adjust light, airco and ceiling fan is a bloody nuisance. What's wrong with a simple light switch. Also, the room does not remember last user settings, so everytime you come back in the room, it's back to default. Annoying.

Hotel is situated not far from city hall, excellent location. The bathroom is really spacious.

• New Deluxe Room

However, it is currently under construction so only one floor of rooms open. Very noisy between 8am and 7pm. Pool out of service for now.

Good location and good rooms and facilities and friendly staff.

• New Deluxe Room

There wasn't a pool or spa and the gym was in a makeshift room off the reception area. The hotel is undergoing major refurbishment work which impacts on the overall experience of staying here. There was a lot of noise and dust and part of the corridor was boarded up.

The location was great & the bed was very comfy.

• New Deluxe Room

I ve asked for a king bed through booking.com and upon check in they said that that information has not come through to them. Also the lights take forever to turn off , that touchscreen console is no good. - there are no switches on the wall, everything is operated through a touchscreen console on the wall. Also the renovation works didn’t help. The place was on discount , but no one told me it was on discount due to the renovations ;)

Great location , modern room

• New Deluxe Room

Staff were wonderfully helpful ear plugs at 2am at the morning no problem. Great little shopping comlex with excellent food mall next to hotle and across road

• New Deluxe Room

As of Aug, 2017 the hotel is undergoing extensive renovation on all floors and will be under HEAVY construction for a year.

The renovated rooms are great, very modern. The staff at the hotel restaurant was great.

• New Deluxe Room

Still to open completely after renovation so the gym,pool and parts of the lobby and lift are still closed.

Brilliant location in the heart of Singapore CBD. Well trained staff and good breakfast. Recently renovated rooms.

Everything.

Not much. Hotel still being renovated and really should not be taking guests. Very disorganised. Power on our for went off at mid night. Work men's told in my room. Generally very disappointing.

• New Deluxe Room

brekfast - very small selection ( food was rather poor quality ). For the same money we did moved to mercure hotel for the weekedn and selection of food is way better as also the quality of fruits and vegetables... Even we asked for a quite room ( and the receptionist told us that he is giving us the room far from the renovation ) still it was loud. No AC in the elevator and in the corridor. Room was very dark because of the building that is covering the fron of the hotel...

location , room was modern.

• New Deluxe Room

Hotel is under renovation so understandably during daytime it's noisy, but there were mid nights that there's noise of equipment movement, hitting walls.

Room is new and modern.

• New Deluxe Room

No mirror near power point when using hair dryer No mirror with adequate light to apply make up Nowhere to hang towels Privacy blind in bathroom,inside shower constantly wet,ready for mold and bacteria especially when rolled up wet inside top of shower No mugs with handles for hot drinks,just insulated glasses New control panel for everything in room,need a huge amount of patience to figure out how to make everything work Nowhere to put things,small side table Ridiculous boxes for toiletries that was missing items,another box under sink which won't last long as water drips on it Depressing dark furniture,awful plastic sofa We've been coming here for years,would be lovely if they had a system that knew that. Always treated as strangers instead of regulars. A huge amount of money has been and continues to be spent on upgrading this hotel. But has the designer of the rooms who is obviously a man ever stayed in one of the rooms I wonder. The control panel is not easy to reach having to lean around the table and nobody else has access to heating,lighting etc unless they sit on the corner of one side of the bed. On paper it must look good,sadly not practical,such a shame. This new room is very new but I wonder how many complaints they will have about the control panel. Lastly we are able bodied professionals but we had to call staff in to switch the lights off, embarrassingly for us as we were ready for bed and in our nightwear. Not something that should happen.

The flooring in the room

• New Club Deluxe Room

It is a big construction area now , many inventories are not available right now . Absolutely too much money for such a hotel in this condition, never again. No benefit for a club room in the room , no free laundry and only 2 water bottles per day !!!

Only the breakfast was acceptable even it was very crowded and the club lounge was not available.

• New Deluxe Room

The noise of the construction meant we couldnt have an afternoon nap. We came specifically for the music at the lounge bar but that was closed

Location was great. Cafe staff were friendly but language was a problem for some.

• New Club Deluxe Room

Its is currantly undergoing massive renovation. Noise terrible. Looks like a rapt up birthday present. Aircon not working but they assured me fan speed will surfice. Hmmm. Im not on to complain but at nearly 600 aud a night you must be kidding. They should let booking com know exactly the state of affairs they falsly advertised. This is my first ever complaint go at your own peril.

• New Deluxe Room

Checking out is a bit slow. There is one staff entertaining a guest who is going for a sight seeing / tour. I think priority should be given to the guest who wants to check out. Other than that, everything is good.

The location is great. Near City Hall mrt station, Raffles City, Peninsula Plaza and The Adelphi. The hotel is also not far from Bugis Junction. The renovation does not bother me so much although I can hear drillling and hammering from time to time.

• Club Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Huge renovations throughout the hotel. This included very loud drilling and demolition in the rooms adjacent to ours. Lots of dust and exposed cables/work sites, and builders in the hallways and public spaces. This was was both stressful and unsafe. The whole experience made the stay very uncomfortable and not relaxing at all. When I complained, we were offered no form of discount only to check out a few hours later. There were also not enough complimentary tea/coffee (etc) for a four star hotel. We had to ask for additional tea bags everyday. There was also only powered milk and when we asked if we could have a small jug of fresh milk they wanted to charge us, despite the fact there was a building site around us! Certain male reception staff also did not have the right attitude for good customer service. A very disapointing experience for that calibre hotel and I would recommend guests not to stay here until after renovations are complete.

Very nice and helpful restaurant staff and good breakfast.

• New Deluxe Room

I did not know I had booked a hotel undergoing renovation and building works. The shower water temperature control would suddenly change to cold or very hot without notice. I would not trust that you could leave your children to shower on their own in case they get a very hot shower.

Comfort of room was excellent. Staff were so helpful and professional. Buffet Breakfast was good. When I unexpectedly found I had booked a hotel that was undergoing building works and asked for quiet room the staff were very helpful to find me a room for quiet rest. We arrived early in the morning from long flight and they let us into the room at 10am without any complaint. suggest we go for their buffet breakfast while we waited.

• New Club Deluxe Room

Lights were difficult to control on touch screen and it was in an awkward place stuck on the wall and there were no light switches to over ride the panel. Renovations going on and no mention of it. Gym facilities terrible and no pool.

Brand new rooms

• New Deluxe Room

Perhaps the hotel was on renovation thus there was only one restaurant, would be nice to have simole snacks to go along with my coffee like cookies, or biscotti , purchaseable or complimentary when one grab a coffee.

I am very pleased with the staff professionalism and warmth generally though they can actually smile a little more when they make eye contact to guests . Lornie greeted and welcome me as I alighted my taxi and offered assistance with my luggage . Jill at the restaurant was very welcoming and attentive when i had coffee and ice cream there whilst waiting for my room upon check in. She also highlighted that i can get discount there as im an inhouse guest . Receptionist Kimberly and Flora attended to me and live up to the standard of a non budget hotel, polite and although Flora was on training, she was calm. Room was clean and smell fresh. It was a pleasant stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast menu was same everyday, but I cannot complain.

The staff was very helpful. I was regretting after I booked this hotel because it is going through renovation, ( I could not cancel as it was a super deal without free cancellation). I requested the staff to give me the most peaceful room, as my wife and baby would stay during the day and they gave me a room which was not very noisy as told by my wife. Plus one day there was extreme noise on the floor I was staying, they gave us a temporary room on another floor. This kind of gesture was very nice. The breakfast menu is expansive. There is an Indian/Malay menu along with English and Chinese/Cantonese. They gave Handy Phone. (Most of the hotels in Singapore will give you) The location is super convenient. Keeping in mind that Singapore is small, this hotel is just in the location you are looking for. Clark Quay, Boat Quay, Parliament, Supreme Court, Mir Lion, Raffles, China Town etc all are walkable distance. We walked even to Orchard Road from this hotel. Plus the subway City hall is at 100m. Even though facility is going through massive renovation it was dust proof. My 13 days of stay here was very enjoyable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very convenient location! Money changer & hawker centre right below the hotel, with a train station right across. Walking distance to National Gallery & SMU, biking distance to Marina Bay & Gardens by the Bay. Staff very helpful & polite. Rooms controlled by a remote on your phone. Breakfast buffet extensive. Half the hotel was being renovated at the time we were there, but great stay overall!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The electronic system was extremely poor. The television and lights went off and on all night automatically since they are controlled by the computer system both nights we were staying, and disturbed our sleep badly.

The rooms were well equipped and comfortable. The staff was beyond friendly and very helpful. The location was central to the shopping and tourist spots.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The building is under construction and the pool is not in service, nobody told me that, a lot of noises during the day. Also the house keeping never put toy let paper so we have to buy one by ourselves.

Ubicación Location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast can be improve, more variety.

Staff is friendly and approachable, and we're lucky to entitled a free upgrade to new deluxe room, Toilet design was modern and very clean, bed comfy, what you see is what you get. Worth the price. Take note, the hotel is still under renovation. Overall is a good stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We're not very happy about staff in a professional way, at the beginning we booked for a new room with very modern facilities on what we saw on booking.com , however we checked in the check-in counter gave us a old room , by now we realized that the hotel is still under revolution which sorrounded by construction noise ! we feel liked cheated at the money value we paid at 200 SGD /night including tax ,we gotta claim to the hotel management team and got changed with better & nicer facilities room , it was acceptable for us at the time but we're not so happy the way they put us into very old room without looking at what we booked in booking.com. Hopefully the Grand park can improve with better service after revolution . Thanh / Vietnam

very close to centre downtown , new room with modern facilities and view.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- The hotel is going under massive renovation - It is super noisy from 9 am to 9 pm with workers everywhere in hotel. We were told above AFTER we checked in and paid the fees! - We were first given one of their 'old' rooms, number 652 that stank sooooo badly, that we had to change it - If you get one of their new rooms, do not bother installing their app on your phone as it doubles if not triple the check in time and it will store all your personal info like bank account, passport number, etc on it - One of day staff was so very NOT friendly, did not know how the app works in first place and to avoid spending a bit of energy speaking with you and walking you through the check in process on your phone, she grabbed my phone (without asking) and started to fill in details for me!! What if I don't want someone who has a cold and coughing to touch my phone and get all the germs from her hand on to my phone while cleaning her nose at the same time?! Yikes! Just get a card for the room and save yourself all the above - When you walk out of the hotel, there are workers sitting on the floor or wandering around the building next door all day. It does not have the best look.

Comfortable bed, great breakfast and close to city center new renovated rooms are modern and fancy(ish) that supposedly can be controlled via an app on your phone

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The toilet seater and sink are damaged without replacement. Not a 4.5/5 star hotel. Some renovation voice in the morning. Not Unionpay card friendly. Use unionpay card check in but cannot use the same card check out. Cost me extra overseas currency charge

Nice that include breakfast. Good location close to City Hall station

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is going trough a big reconstruction! This will take a half year for sure..Unfortunatly this was not mentioned when we were booking this room from bookings.com. The lady from the reception (totally rude staff aswell) said that this was mentioned on the site! Not true at all! So basically you could hear the contruction going on early mornings! To make things worse.. even insects in our room and bathroom. I do not recommend this hotel sorry, not worth the money!!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was a lot of construction going on, which I was not informed about until I was about to check in. When I inquired as to why I was not informed earlier, the receptionist just replied "you're getting a really good deal on this." But I don't care about good deals, I wanted peace and quiet. I think it's only fair that customers be told ahead of time that there will be loud construction noises from 9am-9pm, not when I'm about to check in and I can't back out of the booking.

Location was excellent.

• Club Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel is more of a 3 start hotel from the lobby, the room, facilities, amenities food/restaurant, services and etc.

Club room isn't a providing the usual club room services and facilities. Best paying the same price for non club room at other hotel in Orchard road.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I am somewhat disappointed with with Booking .com in that I was not advised that the Hotel was under major renovation. From 7.00am to 7.00 pm the noise from the use of jackhammers was unbearable . I feel that this hotel should have been shut down during these renovations

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Whilst it was being renovated the staff and general feel of the hotel was consistent with the Park Royal group of hotels. I would say it was above average with really nice staff and a great location. Would be nice to return after the renovations are finished.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Club Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extensive renovations are being made to the hotel. The pool and gym were closed although you could use the facilities at a sister hotel nearby. Although we were there for a month the noise didn't realy bother me too much however I overheard other guests complaining. A couple of times we didn't receive advance notice of an inconvenience e.g. hot water being switched off for 5 hours.

The staff were always polite and friendly. The Crystal Club was a great place to relax with a glass of wine and canapes (a mini buffet) while I waited for my husband to join me after work each day. A big shout out to Zack and Cardijn for exceptional service.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Club Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The noise from the building work. Every day from 9-9. When we booked we're told work would be finished March 2017 and we were not informed that the work is still ongoing. The club lounge, furniture was tatty.

Location. Sure it would be lovely when it's all finished. In fairness to hotel they did offer us one of their new rooms but it was in middle of building site. They offered to cancel booking without charge but it's a hassle and takes up time from your holiday. They did provide us with a meal in their dining room. It's a shame as we stayed here last year and thought it was good.

Browse Grand Park City Hall traveller photo gallery