Reviews of Mandarin Oriental, Singapore 5 stars

5 Raffles Avenue, Marina Square, Marina Bay, 039797 Singapore, Singapore

#29 of 475 hotels in Singapore

View out of the window is great.
    • Ocean View Room Twin

View out of the window is great. Sea, the Flyer and Sands. Very impressive. The room is clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff. Provide quick check-in and -out service and room service twice day. Nice experience there. I'd choose this hotel if I visit Singapore again.

Made our holiday in Singapore excellent.

Nothing..love everything.

The service. The room that was assigned to us. The F&B. All are excellent. But what was really memorable was the tall lady concierge that helped us to reserve a table at Jumbo Seafood..and how she helped us get a taxi back to hotel..she did it with passion..it didnt feel like something she had to do but it felt sincere. The room was great..we made sure we stayed longer in the room to enjoy it and left at lunch time everyday..

Not memorable
    • Ocean View Room King

The hotel is super tired and in need of a renovation. The rooms and lobby have a damp smell. The pool area is a nice space but again quite worn out. Room service was bizarrely expensive. Not what you expect t from top notch band in Singapore! We moved to grand hyatt after and are much happier!

Excellent location on the marina end of town and great breakfast.

Everything was fantastic!
    • Ocean View Room King

Everything was fantastic! The staff were very helpful and friendly, delicious breakfasts, great location and the pool was refreshing after a day out sightseeing.

Look forward to my future stay and Mandarin Oriental will continue to be my choice .

Nil

Location is convenient and ideal for my business . Staff are very efficient in completing check-in and check-ot formalities. Breakfast spread was good. Overall experience was Excellent !!

Good located hotel
    • Ocean View Room King

Staff did not explain my benefits upon check in. she just gave a room key, thus I have no idea where to go to have the breakfast. The room is not that clean. I found a small bug and there were 2 bottle of welcome drinks and one of that was already opened, which means the house keeper did not change it after the previous guest check out.

Breakfast and location

Wonderful place with great service.
    • Mandarin Room King

We would have loved a lower cost dining option for the days when we had just had enough and wanted a quick meal.

The breakfast smorgasbord was AMAZING. Definitely get the room rate with breakfast included. The restaurants were generally out of our preferred price range though. Plenty of portions around though. The staff were just fabulous.

Great hotel. Hug highly k recommended.
    • Ocean View Room Twin

For a big hotel in a busy city relying on travelers there was no place for a proper meal after ten pm other than bar snacks or room service. The changing room in the pool area is ridiculously small and cramped.

Very helpful staff, prompt service, great room, bed extremely comfortable, the light switches in the room are very well marked, big bathroom. The hotel very graciously allowed us the use of he pool after check out and provided a room free of charge for one hour where we could shower and freshen up before heading to the airport for our evening departure. This was very welcome.

Clean & quiet hotel with friendly staff - will be back!
    • Deluxe Room King

Nothing really. If really to nitpick, the paid wifi which if you register as a fan of the hotel will be free; and hotel was to/from the Marina Square mall was via an obscure staircase that would be difficult for prams and the handicapped.

Friendly staff, quiet & never felt crowded, good breakfast. Very well- maintained and clean. We were sick and asked for more water 0& teabags (TWG) which was promptly provided by the hotel, didn't use its facilities except the TV and kettle.

The breakfast is quite good and staff Sarah is so kind and...
    • Ocean View Room Twin

I forgot to take my coat and call for the hotel previously, but the staff is too unfriendly and it takes me 30 minutes to wait for it and cause me leaving not so much enough time to go to the airport. Too bad.

The breakfast is quite good and staff Sarah is so kind and make me feel warm.

As above I don’t think I could of picked a better hotel or location
    • Ocean View Room Twin

From the moment I entered the hotel lobby I could feel the lovely hospitality, I was very well looked , the lady at the desk took me to my room and showed me round ,she didn’t just give me my entry card and leave it to me to find my way excellent service, the restaurant staff were also very polite greeting you , and taking you to your table also remembering your name , the cook’s who cooked the omelette very nice men , nothing was to much trouble them , one of the cooks cooked me eggs benedict thank you sir ,also the pool staff were awesome , greeting you as you arrived, setting your towels out for your stay , bringing around refreshments regular, including some nice non alcoholic cocktails , and giving you some tips on places to visit, thank you again poolside team well managed 👍, and last but not least the fellas outside organising your taxis and giving transport information to you , also looking after your luggage before your departure, and one last thing because my flight was near midnight the hotel gave me a later room checkout than normal , thank you for a most enjoyable stay at the Mandarin Oriental

5 Star all the way
    • City Suite Twin

Connecting to internet seems complicated

Its a great experience in all areas. I loved the breakfasts, in room service and the beds very comfortable. The meet and greet gentlemen aon arrival are super . Everything moves smoothly

Just fantastic

No complaints!

The staff could not be more helpful, great location and great breakfast. The outdoor gym facilities were a nice treat. The doormen were very helpful with local tips.

Great location, great staff but could do with a refurb!
    • Mandarin Room King

The rooms are looking a bit dated now and could do with a refurbishment, the balcony we had was a bit sparse with just 2 chairs, they could make more of this feature and the bathroom is a bit small.

The pool area is fantastic with a nice bar area outside with great views of the bay. The breakfast was really good, one of the best I’ve had in a hotel.

Perfect stay at MO
    • Ocean View Room Twin

The mattress & pillows were very comfy. I slept soundly throughout my stay. The sea view from my room on the 15th floor was perfect! I received a surprise when I walked into my room after a day out to find a birthday cake on my workdesk. That was such a nice gesture. Definitely will stay at MO S’pore again.

happy,
    • Ocean View Room King

a Little bit old facilities. and there should be more restaurants to chose from - also ones that are not super expensive. Needed another chinese restaurant. The bath facilities/changing room near the pool was bad. Too small and not good at all. I think they should be upgraded because it is not suitable for MO standard. Even though guest has checked out, they still prefer good overall facilities for showering and changing.

Hard to Fault
    • Ocean View Room King

Prices in f&b are eye-watering, but probably no worse than equivalent hotels in other major cities.

Almost everything, impossible to fault staff, service or facilities.

Great and comfortable, restaurant service needs to up their game.
    • Ocean View Room Twin

The service at the Melt Reastaurant was really bad. I had to wait for over a half hour for our bill and didn’t get it until we got up to walk to the front to find out what was up. Also even though food cost are always high in SG the cost here was excessive. Especially when there are so many food options right next door at the Marina Emporium.

It was a great locaton for business downtown and at the Suntac center.

suprisingly disappointing this time
    • Ocean View Room Twin

2 days I spent at the Hotel, I had no hot water. Both staff and management were unable to address the issue. Greatly disappointed as it was always my No1 and only pick of a hotel in Singapore. deeply disappointed.

Staff at the breakfast is super friendly and helpful. the excellent pool with best view in town (yes, better than MBS). Dolce Vita restaurant is great choice for Italian cuisine (a bit pricy, but like everything in Singapore, unless you eat in the food court).

We were pleased to deal with every member of staff.

Have no idea.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner Buffet superrich and interesting, Tepan-ya japanese restaurant outstanding. All staff very professional, friendly and not disturbing with not necessary interference. Every one know very well his/her job.

Four thumbs up
    • Ocean View Room King

Room upgrade at no extra charge upon arrival. Great location/view! Excellent buffet breakfast with an overwhelming array of choices. Would definitely return again!

It provided an acceptable stay before we joined our Silverseas cruise.
    • Ocean View Room King

The interior of the foyer was dark, dismal and very uninviting. Compared to the Mandarin in Bangkok we thought this hotel was dated and didn't begin to compare.

View from our room was superb.

Very comfortable and ideal for visit to Singapore
    • Ocean View Room King

Interior of hotel a little dark and stark. Didn't really find a comfortable inviting lounge area to sit in. Not that was a major problem.

Location was great. Room very comfortable. View excellent. Staff very helpful. Pool area fantastic for relaxing after sight-seeing.

The view from the room was magnificent!
    • Marina Bay View Room King

Bathroom and toilet was not up to date. If you take shower in the morning, water temperature is little low. When flushing the toilet, water won't stop sometime.

The view from the room was magnificent! You can see both Marina Bay Sands and Merlion at the same time!

The swimming pool
    • City Suite Twin

It is a tourist factory The rooms have no personality and are brown standard. No charm at all. The Wifi is not free (depending on the package) which is a practice of another age in a city like Singapore. Room with city view does not mean view on the bay and the sky line.

The swimming pool The breakfast

Nicely located and friendly staff
    • Mandarin Room King

Checking in was a bit of a disaster, room wasn’t ready. We lost precious time in the pool going up and down solving the problem.

I was really surprised the MO sent me a bottle of wine and a cake as this was a bday staycation. Highly appreciated!

Breakfast was great and included, remainder of meals were on...
    • Ocean View Room King

Breakfast was great and included, remainder of meals were on the pricey side. We did have an afternoon tea however. The gal in the business centre was super friendly and helpful. Great location also.

The serivce team was caring and went above and beyond to make our stay an excellent one.
    • Ocean View Room King

The poolside bar was kind enough to hold a table for my spouse and I despite our late arrival to the property. The location was excellent as was the staff. They even gave us a photo of our dinner and a "happy anniversary" dessert... what a lovely surprise! We will hold the evening among our fondest memories of Singapore. Thank you!

Wonderful
    • Ocean View Room King

Only suggestion is that maybe a little updating in terms of having an in room coffee machine and more contemporary toiletries; but I am being very picky here.

Beautifully run hotel. Professional and friendly service throughout.

We have stayed before and this hotel remains the best we...
    • Marina Bay View Room King

We have stayed before and this hotel remains the best we have ever occupied - attention to detail such as free water in the room to take out into your Singapore day trips is excellent.

Disappointing for a Mandarin Oriental. 4star
    • Club City Room King

Our check out was very poor. Princes who checked us out was very unhelpful. Had no interest in explaining the bill and how the $900 deposit was refunded. That is the sort of service I would expect from a 2 star hotel. NOT a 5 star!

Staff service in the club room was very good

You pay for quality and you get it!
    • Marina Bay View Room King

Only found out about the buffet dinner night we left otherwise we would have eaten there. Minor complaint but they are losing out by not giving you more info on the place.

Lives up to 5 star. Let us use the pool and gave us a room for shower in the evening after we checked out. Breakfast excellent

A great choice of hotel.

Everything better than expected

Excellent location. Great view across Marina Bay towards Gardens by the Bay from our bedroom. All staff were very helpful. Choice of food available at breakfast was extensive. Didn't use the large outdoor pool but looked very inviting.

The facilities need to improve
    • Marina Bay View Room Twin

The toilet flushing design is no good,need to lower the cover then able to flush. Sink was choke, shower water drainage is slow & the toilet full of water after shower. Shattered glass on floor & my son cut his foot.

Nothing in particular

They have cared for my vising once I made reservation...

Not a thing. Perfact.

They have cared for my vising once I made reservation through booking.com. Everymoment of my visiting were taken care so I could stayed so comfort. Expecially room service provided for my fathers birthday were very appreciated.

Do not hesitate to stay at MO, outstanding services

No free airport transfert

Fantastic location, great hotel services as well as restaurants services. We enjoyed most of restaurants inside the Hotel. Breakfast varieties are the most amazing that we ever tasted. Incredible view from our 11th step room, Swimming pool hours are large Hotel keeps a room available for 45 mn any time in the afternoon after noon check out, so you can take a shower before your trip back. Very much appreciated

Great breakfast, great service, great Japanese restaurant in...
    • Marina Bay View Room King

Initially the beds were very very soft and we got a backache the first night. However, upon calling reception, they immediately changed the mattress to something really good and hard. Thank you.

Great breakfast, great service, great Japanese restaurant in the building. Amazing view of Singapore from our room - we had a Marina Sands view room.

Tried and dated and totally dissapointed with what the price charged !!!
    • Marina Bay View Room King

It was dated and not like the reputation that the MO gives out. It was in desperate need of updating and bringing in line with other MO properties.

Comfy bed and strong shower

Great hotel, great location and great service. Highly recommend staying here.

Wifi is not included.

Great check in services. We were told everything about the hotel and shown to our room. Pool service was great and menu/drinks Taxi service was great Room and other was good. Bed was comfortable. It was about quality not quantity. Better experience here than at Marina Bay :)

The hotel was in a fantastic location, the service was...
    • Ocean View Room King

Nothing, it was wonderful in every way

The hotel was in a fantastic location, the service was outstanding, the swimming pool was fantastic and all the staff couldn’t do enough for you. I would go back to this hotel without question.

Great place to spend short city holiday combining pool, sun and city.
    • Ocean View Room King

The restaurant dolce vita was only okay since the food was only average and not at the level that we kind of hoped to be in that level hotel and restaurant.

The pool area is really good for a short stay at the city. Also the overall views and the location of the hotel is super.

Awsome
    • Ocean Grand King

After I checked out and I visit a lounge bar for cup of coffee. They are not very nice to me. But the other place clerks were good.

Can see very nice view when I woke up. Speachless Just awesome.

Perfect place in terms of location
    • Club City Room King

Staff looks tired and unhappy (except lady in lounge who checked me in and out, don’t remember her name unfortunately)... Soundproof is terrible as you can here everything from the corridor. Difficult to rest or sleep long when you hear everything

Amazing breakfast and lounge facilities. Spacious room. Location is perfect, everything you need in a walking distance. Really appreciate giving option for a shower after check-out. Fast wifi. Comfy bed

Underwhelming .... needs some work and training but has a number of Bright Spots
    • Ocean Grand King

The Hotel are already aware of our 'problems' after we checked in and during the first 36 hours - and they have dealt with these professionally; thank you. But there are two things that must be said as these are in my opinion, Cardinal Sins for a 5-Star Hotel to commit: 1. Having already booked/used an Hotel Car to collect us from the airport upon arrival, for our room NOT to be ready at 4pm is a travesty and should NEVER happen. 2. Having Housekeeping knock on the door at 11.30am when the DND/Privacy sign is lit up and ask 'do you want your room cleaning' is yet another BASIC error. There were a number of other issues that as I say, the staff dealt with and are not worthy of mention on here because they were rectified. One suggestion is that for the gym area, outside the gym are the cycling machines and one rowing machine - the roofing/cover needs to be much better because when it rains, these are covered up and inoperable - and when it is raining is when more people tend to use a gym. Overall, underwhelming given the background/standing of the MO in Singapore and I think some work/training needs to be done for us to stay here again.

On the whole, the staff were professional, friendly and trying to help. Breakfast staff were excellent, as were the pool staff and gym staff. Guest Relations Manager Mike Pasia tried his best to assist and was professional/courteous when problem-solving. Location is very Central, Morton's Steak-House is a MUST DO and using the Hotel's car to collect/drop-off from the airport is seamless and very convenient.

from this short stay, i became a fan of mandarin oriental.
    • Ocean View Room King

The concierge staff are extremely helpful. I had a swollen foot, they arranged ice pack for me. In addition, the managers in cafe melt are very attentive.

Good location, nice view.
    • Mandarin Room King

Bed and pillow are too soft, not comfortable. Th slippers are dangeresly slippery on the bathroom's floor. The quality of the bread and coffee at breakfast.

The size of the room, the pool area, the interior of the reception area. Friendly staff.

I love it ! Feels like home.
    • Ocean View Room King

Probably the fact that there should be a power supply near the mirror so that i can hot iron my hair in front of the mirror. That being said, the staff actually brought a full length mirror to be placed beside a power supply socket. Such great service !

Me and my partner held our wedding garden dinner at Melt Cafe and the service and food are amazing. Food replenish quickly and the while ambience was classy fun and comfortable. Our stay in the city suite was great as well ! The living room and bedroom was separated which gives us the space we needed. The hotel gave us $150 credit to use throughout our stay. We used it for room service and ordered king crab hokkien mee, wanton mee with kurobuta pork charsiew, and english breakfast set. The food and service is simply top notch.

Quality of service is bad,, access to the gym by card...
    • Mandarin Room King

Quality of service is bad,, access to the gym by card didn't work, old and low quality furnished rooms, high price but you still have to pay for wi-fi

Exceptional service and quality throughout hotel. Sheer class
    • Mandarin Room King

Free wifi would have been good

Top quality staff. I had 2 very young kids and they were exceptionally helpful. Breakfast was the best I've had at any hotel. I would love to come back here

Everything was overpriced. Quite a rip off . I thought I would be staying in a luxurious hotel .
    • Ocean View Room King

All of it, it was massively overpriced for a very basic worn room. Bathroom products were dreadful. Carpets were dirty. We paid $590 a day and WiFi is separate! The room was no better than a basic hotel. I was extremely disappointed. We stayed 7 nights . We then booked into a $200 a night hotel in east coast ( hotel Indigo) and it was a much nicer room .

pool
    • Ocean View Room King

- room slightly small although with nice ocean view - power cable not fully plugged in, tension too tight, unsafe for children - certain area dusty

pool

Pleasant.
    • Ocean View Room Twin

the check in counter is not efficient. The queue is very disorganized and there is no staff making special effort to ensure that frustrated long waiting customers in the queue line are attended to.

the staff - always smiling and willing to help.

Fair
    • Ocean View Room King

I requested a room on higher floors but it turned out to be 9th floor! As the staff said the hotel was fully booked. The staff at the pool side not so helpful! We waited there for long time and nobody come and help to arrange our seats.

Good swimming pool

nice hotel but I won't go back.
    • Marina Bay View Room Twin

I lost my phone there but the staff was not very helpful when I asked them to check whether it had been found or not. I called them on 4 occasions after I had checked out and they said they would call back on the 4 occasions but I never heard anything. They also seemed very confused when I had told them I had left my phone in the room and asked me the same questions over and over every time I called them. We had 2 cocktails in the bar which were overpriced for what they were.

very professional staff. breakfast is very good. very nice interior. great location

was nice, love singapore! Bathroom is nice.
    • Ocean Grand King

The temperature inside the hotel: freezing! I didn’t like the carpet in the room. Can’t check if its clean, starts to look a little bit worn. The staff is very nice. But didn’t see anybody responsible you could tell this too

very comfy bed, beautiful view, Hotel was very cold (airco) bring a jacket or vest for inside!

Location and its views
    • Deluxe Room Twin

Breakfast not being free and Wi Fi facilities chargeable.It's shameful and a disgrace for a 5 star hotel to have such restrictive policy I

Location and its views

Very comfortable hotel. We will come back.
    • Ocean Grand King

Rude operator at housekeeping, same lady thrice over 2 days.

Good restaurants and breakfast. Italian, chinese and cafe are good. Friendly staff. Room has a good view and really clean.

Clean hotel and very central.
    • Deluxe Room King

Could not believe free WiFi was not included in the price. When you are paying a high rate in a 5 star hotel you would expect free WiFi.

Clean hotel and very central. Had a great Christmas day there. Bar @5 Was great in the evenings to unwind

Lovely hotel, but it is a bit tired (including guest rooms)...
    • Deluxe Room King

Lovely hotel, but it is a bit tired (including guest rooms) and the new in room TV service doesn’t support pay-per-view movies as advertised. The staff were amazing as is the breakfast buffet and all food options throughout the hotel. The view was nothing short of spectacular. Will definitely be back.

Great relaxation, surrounded by really friendly people
    • Ocean View Room King

Interior of the 4th floor restaurants, a bit dark and uninviting. Can't rate the quality though, we never used them.

Friendliness of staff, food, pool, views, location

Excellent stay as usual.
    • Deluxe Room King

Didn't realise that you had to pay for WiFi. Have stayed in this hotel many times before and WiFI was always free. Seems not to be the case if booking through Booking.com. WiFi is expensive at this hotel.

We loved our stay at Mandarin Oriental and we will come back with pleasure
    • Ocean View Room King

may be the size of the bathroom : I would like to have a double basin and a larger shower to feel in ultra luxury.

Very nice room , bed very comfy , great sleeps, very good breakfast one of the best in Singapore Very nice view on the Marina. Very professional staff. Very nice swimming pool. 10 / 10

Mandarin Oriental
    • Mandarin Room King

quite difficult to access to the hotel if walking from Marina square to suntec and to the hotel. lift signboard at Suntec is not clear in direction. people easily gets lost trying to find direction to the hotel.

clean. prompt service. check in counter staff is friendly, assertive and vibrant.

Most of the staff clearly not on Santa’s good list. Would stay at Fullerton or Ritz next time.
    • Ocean View Room King

A little thoughtless. They shooed us along and cut short our business meeting because they had other more important vips to attend to. Will stay at Fullerton next time.

Pool deck cafe staff very helpful and attentive. I appreciated this.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, kept the Mandarin...
    • Ocean View Room King

Location not so convenient, and spa area too small. There is only 2 shower and have to reserve for using the steam bath.

Staff is very friendly and helpful, kept the Mandarin standard. Room is clean and comfortable. Swimming pool is lovely.

Staff very professional, spectacular views from the room,...
    • Ocean View Room King

Not super clean for a five star hotel! (A cotton swab was “forgotten” for more than 1 day on the floor of the corridor going to my room....) SPA beautiful but definitely overpriced, even for someone who lives in Switzerland ...

Staff very professional, spectacular views from the room, sumptuous breakfast!

A Real 5* hotel

The breakfast is finished at 10:30, which is short, for a 5* hotel

Nearly everything is Perfect, we could get a shower room, as our flight started at night

Great location and views
    • Marina Bay View Room King

Bit tired looking in the hallways. . Drinks and food expensive.

Great location ,helpful staff good buffet breakfast and comfortable room with brilliant views off the Marina and City.

Very disappointed towards this five star hotel “Mandarin Oriental Hotel Singapore “.
    • Marina Bay View Room King

1. Bed and pillows are too soft 2. Carpet is not well cleaned 3. Shower room easily cause flooded

1. Variety of breakfast and services in the breakfast room are excellent. 2. Doorman Mr Tony is very helpful, very positive expression and his service is excellent too.

So so. Bad coffee, average food, old room. Place needs makeover.
    • Ocean View Room Twin

Not very proactive staff. Gym not 24 hours. Amenities in room where aged. Produce in mini bar was off/old. Coffee is instant and not ground. Minibar not replenished daily.

We love where it is, easy to walk to the Gardens and Marina...

Nothing worth writing about

We love where it is, easy to walk to the Gardens and Marina Bay Sands, as well as close to the river and areas such as Boat Quay. The view from the Marina Bay View rooms is pretty, and the beds are possibly the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. The staff are the best of any hotel in the world.

The hotel had enquired regarding my children and we were...
    • Mandarin Room King

The hotel had enquired regarding my children and we were quite surprised that they provided our kids with gifts during the stay. They even had a baby cot and bed ready in room for both complimentary. They also provided baby bath tub and toiletries for our baby and even potty for our toddler.

Singapore and the people were great but the Staff made this trip extraordinarily great, best ever!
    • Marina Bay Suite King

We didn't dislike anything

The Staff were the best I ever met, I can't say enough about how polite everyone was. It was the best personal experience I've ever had! My family loved it there and we can't wait to go back. Thank You Mandarin Oriental

A lovely time hotel
    • Marina Bay View Room King

Breakfast buffet, the staff were cheerful and welcoming and made all our mornings tasty. The afternoon tea at the lounge was excellent, the swimming pool for children was so much fun . Consierge staff were so helpful and friendly. Front desk ladies were very cooperative very friendly and made our stay as comfortable as possible. The location of the hotel is perfect everything is in walking distance and easy to access.

Excellent and enjoyable hotel that we would definitely go back to next time we stay in Singapore

Nothing we didn't like.

Friendliness of all the staff. Everyone treated you with courtesy and with a willingness to assist Room and facilities provided an excellent place to stay for a short stopover

Browse Mandarin Oriental, Singapore traveller photo gallery