Reviews of InterContinental Singapore 5 stars

80 Middle Road, 188966 Singapore, Singapore

#11 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Premier Room King

Check out was a pain — there were only 2 concierges at the time of check out, and the lobby was crammed with guests who were checking in (and we're talking about huge, whole families). Waited for about 15 minutes before another concierge came over to assist us.

The staff of the InterContinental were very friendly and gracious. I noted that I was staying for an anniversary, and they prepared a lovely platter of sweets for us, as well as voluntarily extending our check out time. Very spacious and comfy rooms, too!

• Deluxe Room King

The alternative non-down-feather pillows were very hard. My neck hurt using it throughout 4 nights. Otherwise, perfect stay.

I had a great 4-night stay. Wonderful and attentive staff, spotlessly clean and nicely decored room. I like the classic vibe of the architecture that gives you a hint of Singapore history. The location is also perfect. It's connected to a mall, surrounded by restaurants, and is a few meters away from metro. The best part is the beddings that are superbly comfortable. The only problem is I'm allergic to down feather and the alternative pillows were no where near soft. It's a 5-star hotel. It should have prepared for guests of various conditions.

There could be more shade around the pool.

The hotel was perfect for our family holiday. We had a toddler with us and the staff could not have been more helpful. One of the Receptionists in particular was outstanding. I didn't get her name but my thanks to her and the staff.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

It was my first time staying at the hotel. The lobby area is disproportionately small to the overall size of the hotel. During my stay, the occupancy might have been very high which made the lobby felt unwelcoming and noisy.

• Heritage Room King

There was no kettle or any other self service provision for teas and coffee at night time. The ventilation of the heritage room is so poor that the bathroom becomes wet and slippery and my partner almost slipped in there. All futures guests should be weary prior to paying over sgd 600.

Location and breakfast was lovely.

• Deluxe Room King

Please can a top sheet be put between us and quilt. It gets far too hot to be covered by a quilt but you sometimes need a light covering. Top sheets are going out bring them back!

The staff were lovely. I blew the fuses with my adaptor and immediately this was fixed and we were loaned the right adaptor with great speed and cheer. Breakfast was delicious and I was offered local specialties. Also when I mentioned my husband had a cold one staff member went out of his way to write down the directions to a chemist. Really kind.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Could not find a hairdryer until a knock at the door by a chambermaid disclosed its whereabouts

Beds spacious. bedrooms plush. All staff could not be more helpful or friendly - all were eager to converse. First time down for breakfast shown round what was on offer by a waiter. Food was excellent. Recommended when in Singapore.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

The hotel rooms can do with an update.

Superb location for shopping, huge selection of restaurants, immediately linked to a mall. Very convenient. Easy access of MRT. No problems on getting taxis, even in the rain.

• Deluxe Room King

The breakfast is always fabulous - however sad there was no beef rendang

We are always happy to stay here when we come to Singapore. The mobile phone/internet gadget for guest use was a nice touch.

• Deluxe Room King

The hotel exceeded our expectations. Having stayed in several hotel in Singapore we thought we would give the hotel 'a go' and wow we will be back!

• Deluxe Room King

The aircon for some reason did noy function well the whole night. It was extremely warm and since it was a one night stay I did not request for a room change.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good.

Bar closed on Friday at 1 am

Everything :) Definitely one of my best experience in Singapore so far. Staff, room, location, food and beverages are all perfect

• Heritage Room King

Extremely old hotel, virtually falling apart. Room very far from entrance had to walk through a maze. Very expensive for what you get...place is in desperate need of renovations. Also was charged $20 for a tiger beer. There are Many other new hotels in Singapore...I don’t recommend this hotel. Sorry intercontinental but your hotel has seen its glory days.

Not much

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

small swimming pool and rather warm air conditioning.

comfortable bed, walking distance to nearby shopping and food court. lots of variety for breakfast very fresh and good especially loved the freshly made carrot juice.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

The lighting system in the room is quite confusing.

I like the colonial design of the building and it is very convenient to reach the food centre and shopping mall around.

• Deluxe Room King

The weather at afternoon was humid and hot. otherwise loved the city and the people.

The hotel was in the best location of the city, you can walk almost to every landmark in good weather or at night when its cool.

I liked everything

Bed was very comfortable. Free smart device with unlimited local calls and data available to use outside the hotel. Location attached to mall, close to MRT, bus and tour bus excellent

• Heritage Suite

Historical or sometimes even too old amenities. Weird executive suite location with no actual window facing outside. AC in mild condition but poor performance on lowering the room humidity which makes room and bed really wet.

Fantastic location in heart of Singapore. Less than 15 mins to almost all must-go places. Great resident restaurants and 24-hour dining service.

• Deluxe Room King

The hotel was packed, it felt like massive industrial services at breakfast and at the pool, which is too small for the amount of rooms. It was the Chinese New Year and the hotel felt at maximum capacity to cater for all clients. I was invited at check in to choose which newspaper I would like to receive in my room every morning, however I never received any. This is a good chain but for that price other hotels can be found with more soul and less noisy Chinese families.

Very well trained staff, easy and fast check in, correct rooms, excellent choix Of breakfast

• Premier Suite

Food at cocktail hour. Poor to some other club suites we have stayed in

Comfy bed. Nice suite. Bathroom facilities good. Food at cocktail hour should be much bettet

• Deluxe Room King

Only small thing was missing some fresh air in the room as the windows are not designed to open.

We enjoyed our stay here. Very nice hotel. Would highly recommend for short stay both business and holidays. Very kind and helpful staff. Rooms are nice and spacious enough. Good location with the close proximity to all attractions via metro or just walking.

• Deluxe Room King

Replenishment of toiletries and mini bar spotty. And most impt : aircon thermostat control was off : room uneven temperature - almost warm during the morning

Buffet breakfast was excellent : food and service. Conncierge excellent.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

I really enjoy every time I spend there. the rooms are spacious, the breakfast is very varied, the hotel is also connected directly with the mall making it very easy to find some needs.

• Premier Room King

Check in on this occasion took too long as there was only one person on the desk.

The pool area is spacious and generally not overcrowded. Rooms are very comfortable and service excellent. The hotel has a nice ambience with pleasant decor. The location is a little off centre but has the advantage of being close to a number of excellent restaurants in Purvis Street.

• Club Heritage Room King

Turn down service was not as expected. Slippers were left unkempt. Plates with traces of non visible clear fruit juices (from the complimentary fruit) were not taken away. Sometime guest preferred a short swift answer like "Yes, certainly let us check" . I keep comparing to Mandarin Oriental.

Cocktail hour was good. Service was fast, and swift. Location was great. Under Bugis Junction and near to many great heritage sites. Eg: Haji Lane. We requested to stay at Club Continental after one night at Heritage Club. Just to feel the difference and that was quickly looked upon by the Club reception.

• Heritage Room King

We were provided with a mobile phone during our stay to call back to the US g oogle things to do, find restaurants and buy discounted attraction tickets.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

My internet connection, but might be due to my computer settings. Not due to hotel.

Relaxing stay, friendly people, great breakfast, good location, perfect shower & accessoires.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Nothing, except the extraordinarily high cost of wine, which is the norm throughout Singapore.

The elegant, Asian-influenced decor and overall design of the hotel, which reflects historic nature of the original site. We have stayed in various hotels in Singapore, but since discovering the Intercontinental a few years ago, we wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's also well located, with an MRT station (Bugis) next door and numerous buses on two street frontages. Staff are exceptional, especially the Concierge service.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Staff was quick to turn down requests for eg later check out. You can't help but feel their responses are well rehearsed and the default response is "No, sorry I can't", as opposed to feeling that your requests have been given due consideration.

• Deluxe Room King

The air conditioning in our room was not good. Our room would never be the temperature we set it at (in our case 18 degrees Celsius). We did not sleep very well all three nights. Hotel was nice about it and did send the engineering to fix it. Sadly, it did not fix our issue and we just slept with no blankets to compensate for the temperature.

I booked this hotel for my birthday trip to Singapore. The bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff is the best. Especially Joey at the lounge, who served me drinks and food with great conversation and good tips about Singapore. The band which plays in the lounge area was great with Carlos from Spain and an awesome guitarist from Cuba. Service was fantastic. Food was great. Breakfast had a lot of options to choose from and overall good food. They even gave us a delicious free cake.

• Heritage Room King

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was modern, spacious and clean. The hotel is attached to the shops, restaurants and train station at Bugis Junction. Everything at your doorstep.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Only downside was the left over food was not picked up and at one stage the napkin replaced was not washed properly as it still had chunk of food stain on it from previous use.

The service provided prior to checking in was great, as staff ensured that my needs and requirements were met prior to checking in, and customer service was outstanding.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

The breakfast was good but could improve in the cappuccino quality and the croissants. Overall was a good breakfast.

Great large room, good location. I was impressed that I came early at 8am to check in from a long haul flight and they accommodated me with a room so I could sleep!!! That’s the Intercontinental quality and definition of Hospitality!!

• Premier Suite

We had a suite at this hotel and it was simply fabulous. At the end of our stay my husband and I wished we were staying longer. The suite was lovely and the bed was so comfy. We were staying club executive which gave us access to the club lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails/ drinks in the evening which was fantastic. The lobby lounge area was lovely to sit and have a drink in, and while we were there, there was live music to listen to.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

We had an amazing experience thanks to your extremely helpful staff Location was great !!! We took the train everywhere which iis 3min walk from your property Thanks

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

We had to wait for a really long time during checkin since there were only 2 receptionist, one being for the priorities. The service at breakfast can be described as rushed. The table was not nicely cleaned.

The waffles were excellent, freshly made and light and crispy, and laksa was also delicious. I like the fact that they also provide a mobile phone where we can use around Singapore during the stay. Also have easy access from Bugis MRT where there are lots of places to shop along the way.

• Heritage Room King

Given the proximity to Arab Street and the nature of some of their guests, Halal options on the menu would be nice.

Staff incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Coffee was always served late We observed at breakfast that the kitchen staff used the same plastic gloves to handle the salmon and toss the salad leaves. I'm seriously allergic & this didn't inspire confidence.

Loved the bed & pillows

• Premier Room King

Counter staff is very rude, extremely despised guests I loser my key inside the room asking get a key Counter ask me my last name first name my birthday and see my ID ~~~~~~?

everything is ok

Very comfortable bed in room. good breakfast. Very nice lobby with afternoon tea. Best location (near Bugis Mall, Suntec Mall and JW Mariott Hotel with metro station)

• Heritage Room King

Room was in need of a refurbishment - mirror stained cracks in plaster and paintwork, beds a little soft for us but that might just be personal preference.

Great central location, Staff could not be more helpful and attentive

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Prices for food and drinks were outrageously high. Far too expensive.

Everything was good except the prices for food and drink were ridiculously high. Far too expensive.

• Heritage Room King

No water hose or bidet in the bathroom 🚽.

Location reason I choose this place . Breakfast was nice but wasn’t enough seafood/ vegetarian options . They provided plastic plates for toddlers and kids

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

That there wasn’t a Spa in the hotel. Otherwise it was perfect!

Everything was great! I particularly ratethe attentive staff and the helpfulness and speed with which every request was answered. The hotel felt very homely and the staff were amazing!

• Heritage Room King

Didn't get my complimentary newspaper. I thought that was a minor letdown. Everything else was great though.

Everything! Didn't have time to check out the pool because we loved the room so much.

• Heritage Room King

Some of the breakfast front staffs and 2 of the western managers don’t seem to provide a warm treatment. When they were blocking the way, and when they found out, they just look and created a little space and continue to talk.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Many areas of the hotel were rather dated and the staff in the dining area should have been more attentive.

The breakfast and dining area was very nice and the hotel itself was in a good location.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

Turning circle at the front entrance is very small, making luggage drop off and loading a little challenging. Wedding cars parked in the front made it difficult to manoeuvre.

Well maintained, immaculate service, and excellent location. Breakfast pastries were amazing. Front desk staff were attentive and accommodating.

• Premier Room King

Tasteful decorum. Very large living space. Excellent staff and conveniently located. I was allowed an early check-in. The entire staff was warm and professional. I'd stay again. I stayed in the Premier King room. The only regret was not having a room on a higher floor to take in the beautiful Singapore skyline.

• Premier Room King

We had a very good experience. The staff were very courteous and helpful. They made it very easy for me to check in and check out. They also did the extra mile of ushering us to the lift and to deposit our luggage. Thank you

• Premier Room King

Luxury at its best we stayed in heritage suite was exactly as we expected, loved it.... the toiletries were the best ever . would stay here again for sure Was connected to the shopping mall!!!

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

It’s an expensive hotel, pay your money and take your choice....

This is a modern colonial style hotel, well maintained and very comfortable beds ! The Location is Superb...especially for shopping.

All good

The room was excellent and the bed super comfy. Hotel staff and facilities were superb. The executive lounge food drinks staff and services were all first class and beyond expectations. Our first stay but will not be the last.

• Heritage Room King

The didnt make my room up until after 4PM, I left items ate the hotel and they failed to contact me with updates. An expensive pair of sunglasses and some slippers. I put washing though as a bag wash and they charged exuberant fees for individual laundry. Very poor service

Pool area and gym were ok. Lobby was nice

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

The only commodities to improve would be the pool, to reach the same standards of the hotel inside.

The commodities are top level, everything decorated with such a good taste and elegance. The room was perfect. The breakfast was varied, nicely presented and excellent. Services were of high standards. The hotel is perfectly situated to visit the city center.

• Club Room King

A minor point but no view from lounges.

Club rooms excellent value.High floor and extremely clean and comfortable.Afternoon tea included in club lounge excellent along with cold and hot canapés in the evening,with alcoholic drinks included from 6/8pm.We enjoyed the Prosecco!! Breakfast can be taken here also,freshly cooked along with usual continental choice too..Staff work very hard to please guests.Ideally placed to reach other areas either by walking,MRT,bus or taxi.

Markings from Bugis Train Station to hotel could have been more visible

Breakfast was amazing and a large variety of food. Room were very Clean. The beds and pillows were Extremely comfortable

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

The location was very convenient with the MRT, buses and taxis serving the hotel. You are spoilt for food and shopping choices; it ranges from high end to common folk. The bed is comfortable, the room tastefully decorated and clean. Like to aroma of the lemongrass amenities offered.

• Deluxe Room King

No staff available to help with luggage during late arrival (after 10pm). The reception looked empty. No welcome, nothing.

Good location with easy access to mall and MRT. Many restaurants nearby as well.

• Deluxe Room King

Time taken to check-in could be improved. Parking could be made complimentary.

Very comfortable and clean rooms. Great location, connects to shopping area and malls, 3mins walk to MRT station. Very nice breakfast, very accommodating restaurant staff. overall a pleasurable stay.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

The room is a little small at this price.

Room very nice, staff friendly and helpful. Very convenient location of the hotel and a good variety at breakfast.

windows that open

fantastic location,friendly staff from check in throughout stay,well appointed and soothing rooms.excellent breakfast and spacious and sunny pool area.food at pool and in Ash and Elm restaurant excellent ,as were the helpful and caring staff.know many of the Singapore hotels but this was my first visit and will definitely stay here again

• Heritage Room King

Left the key for my sister to pick up later, which the staff keyed in the system for record...record was later missing, took 15mins to find the key with the hotel staff whom kept it

Fresh juices are great. Food and shopping are just outside lobby

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

More free bottled water at the room

My room was recently renovated with good size and very comfortable. My bed was extra-comfy. The location is very convenient with an adjacent shopping mall. At the Chinese restaurant service is excellent. I had to run to the airport and they made sure that my food was prepared in no time without jeopardizing the quality. Breakfast is very good. Staff at the front desk is very helpful and polite.

• Deluxe Room Two Double Beds

The design of the hotel is very "InterContinental". I like to recognise the looks of the brand, but at the same time feel how it is integrated locally.

• Deluxe Room King

Price of hotel was quite high, but expected.

Great Location- Close to Clarke Quay, Short walk to the National Museum and Fort Canning Park. Staff- Friendly and helpful. Room- Bed was comfy & the bathroom was spotless.

• Grand Deluxe Room King

Couldn't rest well as when slept under the blanket, the spot got too warm after a while. When without blanket it feels cold after a while. Not sure how this can be improved... Or maybe its just the way I sleep ? Wifi was only available for my laptop but not my mobile. One of the power socket wasn't working.

Great Service such as : - - The upgrade of room when the one booked became unavailable. - Leading us to our room

• Heritage Room King

Access to the room was only available via stairs from the lobby lounge. Guests should have discreet / more private access to public areas.

Spacious room with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious but the shower could do with upgrading (new shower fitting) as temperature and pressure were difficult to control. Additional shelving in the shower would be helpful as would a power point for hairdryer. The amenities offered were great such as bottled water and premium bathroom products.

• Club Room King

Be prepared for weather to be very humid and short heavy downpours.

Major tourist sights easy to access from hotel. MRT station right next to hotel. Taxis also very reasonable. Locals very happy to help if you get lost!

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Some of the food on the breakfast was cold on the first morning e.g scrambled egg, mushrooms,etc. Better on the second day.

Very enjoyable stay. Comfortable room and very clean.

• Heritage Room King

The hotel provides a mobile phone that I can bring along. My friend's were able to to stay connected with me without having me to.get.additional data plan on my own. 24hours gym is great, love the cold pressed fresh fruit juices. Soft boiled eggs were made to perfection. Absolute generous in tea.selection in room.

• Grand Deluxe Room King

Pool very small without any shade On arrival informed that our reserved room was not available because of some technical problem and we were given a lower grade of room! On hearing that we need a late check out we were offered this free of charge as compensation but a more generous hotel would have given us a better room not downgraded us.

Beautiful hotel and lovely ambience - still a feeling of the former old residential building Wonderful food, especially breakfast and grand afternoon tea

• Heritage Room King

Parking is share with shopping mall. Complimentary parking tickets explanation and how to use before exit parking. Do clean the down lights.

Arrangements on the extra bed for my kids at no extra charge. New and clean rooms. Pleasant front desk staff. Greets my name everytime a personalized touch feel.

• Deluxe Room King or Two Double Beds

Hotel housekeeping need to check some of the lighting inside the bathroom (the scone lights are flickering on our second day). Air conditioning was not cool enough- not sure if this was because it was completely covered by grilles to project clean lines or I did not check the settings properly. They should consider providing some hair conditioners (they have shampoo, body wash and lotion). Toilets do not have bidet spray, or those built-in bidets similar to Japanese toilets. Swimming pool appears large in the photo, but looked a little small. The staff failed to deliver the newspaper I ordered when I checked in.

There are a lot of things I love in this hotel and the room I stayed in (09-19). Firstly, the use of beautiful tiles and elegant furniture in the lobby and reception. Security-wise, you feel safe as only guests with room cards can access the hotel room floor levels. When I went inside the room, it was spacious, and the lighting was great. Bathrooms are super clean, and large. We have a separate shower and bath tub. The bath tub is not those yellowing kind that looks it has seen better days. No, their bath tubs almost looked brand new, although some bigger size people may find it small (I'm short btw). Plenty of hot water (although frankly speaking, I feel guilty using that much water). Toiletries are available (toothbrush with Colgate brand toothpaste, not the nameless one), cotton buds, cotton pads, a small portable sewing kit, shower caps, even a nail file and pusher. A magnifying mirror is plus for me. Lots of towels were placed on the lower shelf of the sink- thick and big size. There's a couple of bathrobes and disposable slippers, blow dryer, hangers, iron, ironing board and an extra pillow on the entry cabinet in case the pillows on the bed were not enough! (4 pillows in the king-size bed). Bar and fridge have a good variety of snacks and drinks. Our room has a rental HTC-type phone that you can use to call, text and even navigate your way around the city when you visit the tourist spots. This is something I don't see in other hotels I've stayed. The tv remote control is easy to use, and the instruction books are easy to understand (instructions on emergency contingencies, energy-saving guidelines, hotel facilities, room features and general guides for tourists who wish to go sightseeing). Plenty of tv channels to binge-watch (I was happy to find that they have NatGeo, History, Travel and Discovery Channel, what more could I want?). For the more discerning, you can opt for pay-per view shows.

• Grand Deluxe Room King

You can use cell phone with wi-fi for free, but I didn't know that until I arrived hotel. So I bought SIM card at the airport. If I could've known they serve the free-mobile, I wouldn't paid it.

Loved the pool in this hotel, even if It's small but gives private mood. And there are not many people. All staffs are so kind and I loved the breakfast too.

Browse InterContinental Singapore traveller photo gallery