2. Singapore hotel reviews
  3. Singapore hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Lloyd's Inn

Reviews of Lloyd's Inn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2 Lloyd road, 239091 Singapore, Singapore

#93 of 543 hotels in Singapore

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

My no frills room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast cafe was dreadful...uncooked boiled eggs and cold toast..the staff were rushed off their feet and not too friendly. I think the hotel should not offer breakfast.

My no frills room. The shower was unique...half of it in the open. The staff were friendly and helpful. No stinting on tea, coffee and drinking water.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Love the layout of the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Keyboard don't work for the smart tv (change out the batteries cause the one in my room looks corroded). Wifi wasn't good but not to a point whereby it's totally unusable. Tv needs to be secured even more because it feels like its gonna drop with the slightest of touch. Can't handle it with much care also lah cause im rough even if I try to be gentle. Gentle giant but not so gentle😂 Habis later drop then kena pay for it how?😂

Love the layout of the room. Cosy and comfy bed.Can't complain about the short walk to breakfast when the toast and coffee/tea was amazeballs! Don't be lazy and walk guys!

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

I had a wonderful stay and would return. Highly recommended and a wonderful inn/hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Door has gaps at bottom, meaning sound can travel. The breakfast is not worth much. Polished cement floors. This is ok in the heat, however if you want to stretch, do yoga, bring a mat.

Excellent minimal room design, great warm feel. Very tasteful. Opposite of standard boring hotel design Quiet location, in walking distance to public transport. Great staff !!! My check out was at mid-day. I returned at 7pm, to pick up my luggage, stored at hotel and was offered a free shower to freshen up. They sent me a cell phone, as mine had problems. 300 meters away there are some great basic eating places with great prices and a range of cuisines. Surrounded by a beautiful garden and in a quiet neighbourhood. I highly recommend this experience.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

I like the ambience, the location and it is a really nice...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I requested for the ironing board but they did not send it to my room but it is ok anyways my clothes wasnt that badly crumpled.

I like the ambience, the location and it is a really nice place to take photos especially around the pool area! For service wise, I have nothing much to say as I did not request for anything special during my stay. Staff is nice and friendly 😊

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Fantasic, I will certainly be back and recommend it to friends and family.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Some more plants in the outside area of the room windows and bathroom would add a nice view instead of the white walls.

The beds were very comfy and we went to both breakfast places very different but very nice. The staff were fantastic on check out day when we were caught in the rain and needed showers, hair dryers and she organised the taxi to come to the loading dock so we did not get wet again.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Very good hotel, if I return in singapore I will stay definitely there.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The speed of the wifi link was not great.

The location is good (3-4 minutes from MTR, 15 minutes from center, walking). The staff is very professional and nice. Nice garden, plants in bathroom. They can order a taxi for any direction (contrary to Hong Kong). Breakfast can be chosen in one of the 2 small restaurant not far from the hotel and it is a good one. They will keep your luggage either before/after you leave the room.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

A great hotel in the city centre
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast :( It is quite a walk to both restaurants and in the end I had to pay for the breakfast. I was told the voucher covered only a certain part of/not the full price. I was not informed about this by the hotel staff. If I had known I would've gone to eat elsewhere (meaning I would've chosen a better place).

The location! The room is quite small but very well thought-of and comfortable. I liked the minimalist interior, outdoor shower and the big window with a lovely garden view, which also brought a lot of light into the room! Last but least, 10-minute walk to the nearest MRT station is a huge plus!

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

An oasis of cool and calm in an architecturally striking building.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We were very fortunate to be upgraded to a beautiful large room with private courtyard and huge semi-outdoor bathroom. We loved the pool and gardens and modern architecture. Huge comfortable bed with crisp white bed linen. Polite, helpful, friendly staff. A wonderful place to stay and will stay here again next time we visit Singapore.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

The staff was super nice, all of them.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was super nice, all of them. They are friendly and helpful. Its near to Somerset and Orchard Road. The simple free breakfast at Kilineys Kopitiam was good. Even though its near to city center, the surrounding neighbourhood is quite and peaceful. Would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Will never return to this hotel. Only good architecture, service doesn’t compare.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bad attitude when asked to change sheets. We were too tired when arrived then fell asleep and woke up to find out pillow case dirty with dried blood spot. We double checked several times to make sure it is not us that make this mark and called front desk to change whole bedding because we felt uncomfortable seeing the dirty pillow. The front desk first commented can’t change because cleaning lady off duty. Then some people come and bring some sheets but tried to persuade us the sheets have been changed and started commenting us in cantonese. This is not acceptable service. The room is also not clean, spider net spotted at the corner of ceiling.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

The staff both night and day where excellent and a credit to the Hotel. Nice quiet street.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shame breakfast couldn’t have been on the premises

The lay out of the room was nice. I loved the fact I could take a shower before I left the hotel for the airport that was a bonus.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Great little place to stay, close to everything, nice to relax in.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The free breakfast was pretty dreadful and not a good selling point, in the scheme of your business. You could do better getting a deal with the ABC eatery down the road, where the food and coffee is excellent for us Westerners.

We appreciated the upgrade to a double room, and loved the Balinese style bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, the room was cleaned every day, and the staff were welcoming, helpful and informative. A really nice, reasonably priced place not too far from the trains and buses.

Great staycation
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location of the hotel is good on non rainy days..

Room is really clean, I got the sky suite with the bathtub outdoor. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Great service to the staffs. Please keep up the great job.

Unique design, great location & friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Noise management is quite poor, whenever people talk in the hall, you can hear clearly and in one of our mornings, the housekeepings start early in the next door, all the slams and bangs were really disturbing. Breakfast arrangement was amiss also. If you’re not into trying something new or need to stay near Orchard, you can get other standard hotel with similar price

Unique design, great location & friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Loved the tranquility of the
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Isnt something that I didnt like but it be awesome to give directions from somerset station for first timers!

Loved the tranquility of the Location. The property shows very well The room was a pleasant surprise. We got the corner room so the angles were a bit out of funk for me but otherwise no complaints.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Recommended.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Recommended. The Inn is a cocoon of comfort. Slow down to enjoy it. The breakfast service down the road and the occasionally spotty internet encourage drifting away from standard routines. Special thanks to kind and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Lloyds Inn and would recommend it to other people.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that the bedroom floor was on two levels and there was no bedside table/cabinet on one side of the bed. The door lock was very difficult to open and the safe was also difficult to lock and unlock.

We liked the location as it was near quite a number of restaurants, quite near Orchard Road and the MRT station. We liked our room which was clean with a comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

The pool facilities and surrounding gardens were lovely, the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool facilities and surrounding gardens were lovely, the shower was unique the staff are absolutley lovely and very helpful. The building and grounds are unique in a great location.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

The overall concept and how the hotel and rooms look like.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The TV was too small for viewing pleasure. The Internet was abit slower then other properties.

The overall concept and how the hotel and rooms look like.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Surprised & Satisfied
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

safe box placed on floor near bed can a safety hazard, especially if it cannot be closed.

hidden gem within the city, walking distance to F&B and shopping belts, easy access to public transport

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Super stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pay attention that in the hotel there is no breakfast. You are provided with some breakfast vouchers valid at two neighbouring places.

The hotel is very special with "open air" bathrooms. The staff is super friendly and helpful. If you like your hotel a bit different, a place that you will easily remember, take a room here!

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

The front office staff were very friendly and courteous.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Convenient location however the rooms quite small but comfortable. Wouldn't recommend paying for the breakfast as it's only very basic wasn't worth it!! Cup of coffee and toast very basic..

The front office staff were very friendly and courteous.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Of all the hotels which we stayed in during our 2 week Asia trip, this was our favourite
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Really nothing to fault about the place - we did struggle to get the room to be quite as cold as we would have liked (or at least to the temperature that we had in other hotels) but perhaps that is part of the hotel's desire to minimise their environmental impact - in which case we really can't complain about that ambition.

A fantastic last minute find in Singapore for us and we wish we had spent more than 1 night there at the end of our Asia trip. The hotel staff were excellent and very helpful, whilst the minimalist room was perfect. The outdoor shower in the room is brilliant, if a little disconcerting when you hear voices walking past on the street outside. The breakfast arrangement at a local traditional cafe works really well and was a very nice change from the canteen type breakfast buffets at some of the larger hotels.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Good value of money in a great location in Singapore
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was 'compact' and the door kept getting stuck

Great location and the staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient, Breakfast wasn't available onsite however was just around the corner and good value. Stay was very good value for money.

Contemporary feel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No breakfast on site. Breakfast provided at 'restaurant' some distance away (we didn't bother, it didn't look great!)

Contemporary feel. Outside bathroom. Aircon excellent.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Extremely poor value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was very unpleasant, especially one lady at the front desk. Staff should be trained on hospitality customer service. This property delivered very poor value for money. If we paid SGD 100 per night for the room and facilities we were offered, this would have been a great stay. However, for SGD 225 per night, we feel as though we got ripped off!

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Lloyds Inn
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- Wifi could have been a bit better but not a deal breaker

+ Ideal location. Easy walk to Orchard, Clarke Quay and MRT Stations + Friendly staff + Clean rooms, match advertised images + Comfy bed

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

I think I love everything about Lloyd’s Inn.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Trying to find the dislike about this place but it’s nothing.

I think I love everything about Lloyd’s Inn. The location is great because it’s residential area so it’s very quite in the night. No need to mention about how beauty this place because the pictures already told.

• Reviewed: October 20, 2018

The worst hotel I’ve ever stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel room is so small, and the room really need to clean carefully. Lot of ants crawling through quilt, towels, under pillow and even on my body when I am sleeping. The bathroom door cannot lock from inside which connects outside there is a gap people could get in anytime, we were worry about the potential safety problems. And you need to hold the hair drier all the time to use it I think it’s from last century. When we felt cold at night called reception ask for extra quilt was told they do not have, only can provide blanket, and the second day we still want another one, the receptionist asked, “I give you one yesterday why you need another one”that answer is really unbelievable.its the worst hotel I’ve ever stay.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Quirky design with bed on a mezzanine floor;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Quirky design with bed on a mezzanine floor; not much room for two travel suitcases; poor lighting over mirrors. Breakfast vouchers covered a basic breakfast at choice of two restaurants around the corner; OK.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Really happy with my stay. Great staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The couch smelled a bit funky as it is pvc leather.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. I accidentally left an item at the hotel and they were very helpful and made sure I was able to pick it up the next day. Ironing and fresh towels were sent almost straightaway upon request.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Lovely weekend staycay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Netflix app on the Smart TV did not work properly despite the staff trying to fix it for quite a while.

The room is designed beautifully and the minimalistic interiors were calming and lovely. The open shower was great! Love the bed and fluffy pillows too. There was a nice outdoor pantry with free drinks and allowed smoking. The location is not bad, in a quiet neighbourhood but still close enough to the malls and shopping area for a stroll over.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

It is truly a charming, quiet, picturesque hotel, hidden not...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's quite a long walk from Somerset Station to the hotel, plus additional factor such as luggage and super sunny unforgiving weather of Singapore. It will be nice if the hotel provide shuttle to and from station. They didn't refill some of our used amenities (sanitary bag and cotton buds).

It is truly a charming, quiet, picturesque hotel, hidden not far from the busiest station in Singapore. The room was super super comfortable and clean. The staff were very friendly (plus we got cookies when they found out that we didn't go out in the evening). They let us bring home the hotel slippers too!

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Urban retreat
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We should have taken past reviews into our consideration as they did not honor our double bed request. The upgrade was given because either availability or renovation. It was noisy when we arrived as they're doing some construction work.

The AC was running prior to our check in which was nice. Coffee, ice and vending machines on site. Rain shower works very well. Kimonos (thin bath robes) are silky smooth. Beds are comfy but it should have been a double bed rather than 2 twins pushed together.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

The mattress was quite comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

House cleaning could do better, they didn't replenish the amenities, a towel had stains, there were hair in the drawers.

The mattress was quite comfortable. The staff wrote us a sweet card. We liked the breakfast at Kiliney Kopitiam, but didn't have breakfast at Freshly Baked because we had to pay extra.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Interesting and clean design but basic hotel comfort factor is not reflected in the price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the same positive features had downsides, mainly due to the design. Aesthetically clever, but not practical for a hotel. Concrete floors mean lots of noise late at night with people leaving or returning. The bathrooms are very small with shower curtains drawn - required for fear of being seen from over the road! The window blinds are narrow and allow light through from the apartments over the road. Full blockout blinds or curtains are more appropriate for hotels. The ad doesnt reflect the standard rooms. Smoke and noise from the allocated outside smoking area drifts directly into the bathrooms on that side. These complaints seem petty, but most guests arrive after a flight and sleep is one of the important comfort factors in a hotel!

Location was perfect for early morning walks - Fort Canning Park a short distance. Also very close to Orchard Rd and SMRT. Breakfast not served at hotel, but a short walk to two good cafes (breakfast vouchers provided). Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel design was very open, with lots of greenery; very different to the standard tower-block hotels. The outside/inside bathroom connects to the outside - great when the afternoon downpours happen!

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Did not really meet expectations but at least the room was clean and staff pleasant and helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very small and concerned about the exposed shower as could easily have slipped over on the wet floor. Place smelt musty and dank.

The bed was comfortable and very clean.Lovely clean towels.The staff were very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Absolutely perfect for our stay; very central; attentive staff. Highly recommended!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn’t receive a reply to any of the emails I sent the establishment asking for directions from Changi Airport but in the end it didn’t matter as the airport has a super efficient taxi service with fares that are regulated.

The location couldn’t have been better! Equidistant between 2 metro stations, giving access to a number of different underground lines and close to a supermarket and shopping malls beyond. The staff were lovely and spoke very good English, which had been a concern of mine.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Singapore Hideaway
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff needs a retraining. They are friendly, but not on the ball with simple requests and rather lacked.

The concept of the space is lovely. The location is very convenient and unique to Singapore. The room is comfortable and sets up to be very relaxing

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

It was awesome! Love it!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The whole place is very aesthetic! If you love taking nice pictures, this is the best place! The beds are comfortable, the staff were great and the room is nice. Free breakfast at a nearby kopitiam too!

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Strongly Recommend
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Strongly recommend for the couple/ or friends. We had a pleasure trip with a warm welcome from the hotel. The room is nice with the garden view and really clean. Everyday they give us some cookies :) :) really friendly staffs.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Good quality, stylish, well-located small hotel, with unusual mingling of indoor and outdoor spaces
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Clearly as a design statement, the hotel mingles indoor and outdoor space in ways that won't appeal to all guests, given Singapore's hot, humid tropical climate. Room corridors, even deep into the building, are open to the outside air; my guest room also had its toilet and shower in a (well screened and private) outdoor area; and common areas for guests all appeared to be outdoors. I kind of admired the boldness of this-- there can be few properties of this caliber that embrace the local climate so meaningfully-- but I doubt the only guest who wished there was air conditioning beyond the room itself and the front desk.

A stylishly designed small hotel in nicely landscaped grounds; its seems to be on the grounds of a former mansion, with much more greenery than I was expecting so near the center of Singapore. Room was midsize but well laid out; it had a beautiful picture window at the head of the bed looking out onto the greenery. The room had a refrigerator, and the hotel had a machine serving good complimentary coffee. There are pleasant outdoor spaces, including a dipping pool-- just not an ideal climate for enjoying them. Location was a short (if sweaty) walk to rapid transit, and also close to great bars and eateries along the Singapore River.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Paid more for a superior room to celebrate our anniversary,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Paid more for a superior room to celebrate our anniversary, but was told that there were no more queen-sized beds upon check-in. Asked to speak to a manager but was told that all management was off-duty, and I essentially didn't have a choice. An incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Breakfast included is traditional Singapore toast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A little bug in bed and bathroom.

Breakfast included is traditional Singapore toast. If many choices is better. The location is excellent closest to Ordhard mainly shopping mall and MRT just 10-15 mins by walk.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Room very quirky comfortable and well thought out .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast - One place to obtain breakfast was very busy with no seating room available The other could do with the staff smiling

Room very quirky comfortable and well thought out . Staff very helpful . Would stay again .

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Fantastic stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely outdoor bathroom. Extremely helpful friendly staff - although room wasn’t quite ready as we arrived several hours before check-in was still offered a shower and cold drinks :)

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Nice hotel, will definitely come back again for the suite room with bathtub
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room is a little bit small, but overall nice.

Walking distance to Orchard area, nice dipping pools, nice chill out gardens with outdoor sofas. Simple and nice room.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Everything was great.

Beautiful accommodation, pool and gardens. Very clean. Excellent / professional staff who very very helpful. Enjoyed our breakfasts and catered for my Gluten free needs. Walking distance to shops and more. Highly recommend and will stay again.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Do not stay if you don't like the smell of wall paints
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room I stayed was just painted (the whole 1st floor), and the smell lasted through 3 days of my staying. I understand the hotel is fully booked, so they cannot change my room. But I don't think it's appropriate to list any room with such smell available for guests. It doesn't matter if I trust the quality of the paints in Singapore, the smell itself gave me enough headache. If it's not bcuz of this, I could rate the place for a score over 8.5.

Great location with 10min walk to Somerset; a very boutique hotel but has beautiful settings, even with a small swimming pool (too small for swimming but good for chilling out). Beautiful greenery around the house, and the restroom in my room is open, so can get to the nature a bit more. Surprisingly even with open restroom, there was no single bug or mosquito. Room facility is simple but sufficient.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

My biggest compliments to the staff for making my stay pleasant. Room was basic but sufficient.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I felt the room was a little basic, small and without a view but then again, I stayed at the standard room which is the smallest. On hindsight, would suggest booking a better room than standard. What was provided in the room was basic but sufficient and the hotel was able to give me what I requested.

Great service staff, both in the day and at night (I checked in close to 3am, it was smooth and swift). Location is central yet tranquil as it is removed from the hustle and bustle of Orchard. Room and what's provided inside is minimal and basic but I was provided with what I requested (including wine glasses, corkscrew, iron, ironing board). Thanks to the attentive staff for the prompt service. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to visit the pool and surrounding facilities so can't comment on that but it looks great and always peaceful without many guests.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Great venue, rude and unhelpful staff. Horrible booking system. Triple check your bookings.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel and your platform have a CLEAR miscommunication when it comes to advertising the rooms. I had booked thru your site for a room with a balcony/garden, the garden room, and was not only given a wrong room, my specification for a double bed was also overlooked. When I complained about these, they turned the fault back onto me. The only consolation they offered me for their mess up was to upgrade my room to their suite at a $100 top up. Great venue, staff need better training at service recovery. They were all dismissive and rude.

The room upgrade on the 2nd night after I had to scream and yell and complain that they had cheated me on my first night's stay.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

Very near to Orchard shopping area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff told me the room was upgraded to business room when I checked in which previously I just booked the normal deluxe room for 2. I was happy but when I went into the room, the floor was so dusty and I can feel the sand/dust when I stepped in the floor. We asked for slippers but out of stock but that’s ok cos they promised to mop the floor at next day. The second morning, my friend told me her two arms are so itchy which she suspected she was bitten by the dust mite on the bed. Then at night, my hands and arms started to get the rashes and blisters which was exactly same as my friend. We think it is because no one Use the room for a very long time that’s why it’s dirty everywhere. And we also can see under the stairs there is so many dust stick on it.

Very near to Orchard shopping area.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Terrible.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The service was terrible. First we didn't get the room we booked. Secondly we didn't get the queen size we requested, instead we got 2 single beds combined (lol?). The lady staff wasnt helpful at all, we were told at the property that we didn't get what we wanted because we didn't book directly from them ... So many mosquitoes. Bathroom floor was wet when we checked in. No service recovery done ....

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Jaw dropping and comfortable minimalistic aesthetics
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Expected because it's a tropical country, but there was a small trail of ants. I indicated on the Booking.com app and emailed the inn twice to request for double single beds because I was staying with a close friend; for some reason they somehow thought I wanted a queen size. It was a happy accident but if two friends of the opposite sex was staying together it might be a bit of a problem. Other than that I'm very satisfied.

The outdoor bath/shower was well implemented and exceeded my expectations; I felt very pampered and at ease. I was not expecting a Singapore hotel to do it so well, they had anti-pest controls such as UV lamps. The aesthetics and the comfortable sofa and bed was lovely and a treat. Would definitely come back again for a staycation and recommend others to do the same.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

A overhyped and overpriced boutique hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The indoor furnishings are below par (loose wall sockets, cheap wood and veneer used), limited tv channels, cramped space, so-so shower facilities, short bed frame, the breakfast deal are just simply knocked-off pricy

The aesthetics, the tone, the appearance are good

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Cheap by comparison but small.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was tiny with bed against wall which made getting in and out difficult - especially for older adults. Although bathroom appeared to have been recently renovated, water from shower (no base for shower) spread over floor making walking dangerous for older people. Not recommended for a disabled person although ours was classed as a disabled room. Walked to breakfast location but did not venture in - was not inviting.

Air-con was operating when we checked in and room was cool. Wi-Fi worked very well. This was cheapest hotel room close to Orchard Road.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

The perfect place to stay in Singapour!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bedroom doors are terribly noisy each time they are closed, so that can be really annoying when some guests come back late or leave early. That should be fixed… Apart from that, absolutely nothing else was negative. the perfect place to stay in Singapour if you don't like big, anonymous hotels.

Great little hotel, quiet location but close to Orchard Road and the MRTstation ( Sommerset Station). We loved the minimalist design and functionality of the rooms, the outdoor bathroom, the little terrasse where we could relax and have a free coffee, tea, water, the garden with its the comfortable chairs in the garden. We felt really well, and were looked after with great professionalism and kindness by Ms Voon and Mr Hafidz. They were incredibly efficient and sooo nice. Mr Hafidz gave us lots of excellent tips to find restaurants.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

What I love about the inn is the natural lighting and how...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room lightings for night photo taking ain’t that fantastic. The pillow is not so comfortable.

What I love about the inn is the natural lighting and how the inn is tucked away in a quiet hood. The team of staff were friendly and welcoming. They were giving away complimentary flowers in lieu of friendship day. A way of personalised touch, going an extra mile.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

The room was well designed and I was given an upgrade at...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel from the train was a bit far.

The room was well designed and I was given an upgrade at check in. The Killiney Kopitiam was a great authentic dining experience. The whole place generally felt serene. Staff was useful when I requested assistance from them.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

if I ever come back to Singapore, I will stay at Lloyd's Inn again. Thank you.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The window covering. I felt not private enough, but got used to it. My flight was late and i needed a shower before going to the airport. The bathroom was great, but there is no power plug in the bathroom to use the hair dryer.

The style of the whole property. Great rooms. Excellent bed. Very cool the shower outside. The garden and pool. Quite. Friendly and helpful staff. polished concrete floors and the style of the bed. Art work and plants.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by the service rendered to us.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We were pleasantly surprised by the service rendered to us. On the first night of our stay, we were given cookies which were very delicious. The staffs also provide us newspapers every morning which was very nice of them as well. The staffs there were always available and responded promptly to our request for various items which we needed.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Stop over between London and Australia, provided a perfect relaxing base to explore Singapore
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing could have been better, the rooms were perfect, the staff were friendly and could have been more helpful and accommodating

Tranquil escape from a very busy city, but close to enough to easily access the city. Beautiful cool relaxing rooms, and luxurious bathrooms.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was amazing stayed, I love the concept of it, and it was so comfortable, staff there we're awasome, they're very helpful. Definitely will come again.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Deceptive and disappointing, poor value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of the breakfast was poor, this was mentioned on the website, but I missed it during booking. The choice of restaurant, given all the others in a similar area was poor, any of the others would suit better, there was no real menu choice, soft boiled eggs seems to be a local delicacy, but not to my personal taste, white of egg and egg yoke both runny, understandably it is nice to sample local foods, but I personally find the choice of undercooked eggs unappealing. The photos of the hotel are deceiving, the rooms are nothing like what you actually see, the pool and other factilities are poor, but look excellent. I would hire their photographer, but not stay here again.

The staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Clean, modern boutique Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

-Expected location to be nearer to Orchard road but in reality it was about 12mins walk, not significant but in the scorching middle day Sun.. -The Genius perk of checking out 2 hours late was apparently subject to availability which really disappointed me, this was the man reason I choose to book via booking.com, it should have been stated more clearly.

-Beautiful room designs including the part outdoor shower. -The communal pantry and outdoor seating area was a marvellous idea and execution.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

I reserve for large bed, and I got 2 single bed instead.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I reserve for large bed, and I got 2 single bed instead. Staff told me is due to availability, and they wouldn't call back customer if requested bed is not available. Deposit, upon booking i wasn't told there is 100 deposit. I need to walk down to the nearest atm to withdraw cash.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

I liked the room, very modern and comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I liked the room, very modern and comfortable. The staff were super friendly and are always at your disposal! However, the door of the bathrooom which is outside doesn’t fully close so if you are not a fan of mosquitoes this isn’t the best option. For the rest, we had a good stay

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Very nice rooms and super friendly Service.

Very nice rooms and super friendly Service. Quite affordable taking the high prices of Singapore in to consideration. We probably stay here again, when we need a room in Singapore.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

My family and I were very happy that we had chosen Lloyds Inn for our short Singapore visit. We will
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is nicely designed and well thought out. The rooms were spacious, comfortable with lots of nice little touches.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

I love the open concept toilet.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I thought the complimentary breakfast was at the hotel but we need to walk out of the hotel to the shop houses to have it. We also need to top up if we choose to have english style breakfast instead of traditional kaya toast

The room is small but it’s equipped with all the necessities. Love the minimalist Scandinavia look

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

good vlaue in a comfortable room with excellent location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

well designed rooms the bed was very comfortable and loved the shower with greenery and open to the air. Tea and coffee available at the end of the corridor and a shower and toilet was available to use after checkout before a late flight out of Singapore.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

It was small but with communal space thoughtfully designed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The walls seems a little thin, Hall ways coming and goings can be heard quite clearly from the room I was in. Maybe because I stayed in room number.1

It was small but with communal space thoughtfully designed. It was not a standard hotel, it had character.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Very modern setting and aesthetic place to stay in, I really...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool was very underwhelming as it was probably as shallow as a children pool, not that it is bad but we expected it to be a deeper "normal" pool

Very modern setting and aesthetic place to stay in, I really enjoyed the amount of greenery that is incorporated into the hotel

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Convenient location with quiet environment, close to shops...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hygiene can be improved , saw a few mosquitoes in room. The rooms are a bit older than those in pictures.

Convenient location with quiet environment, close to shops and restaurants, perfect for those who want a quiet vacation

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

A good few days rest to break the flight to Uk
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It is the breakfast situation that let you down. Trying to be a boutique hotel and sending one off down the road with voucher for 1 croissant/ drink or 2 soft boiled eggs and toast is not a boutique look! Why not get croissants and fruit salad sent up to hotel each morning and deliver to rooms, or sit out near the drinks machine. Tropical fruit is what one expects for breakfast coming to tropical Singapore. Even individual packets of cereal in each room. It is possible with a bit of thought and effort. “Outdoor “ shower room an interesting experience when pouring with rain. More protection needed for floor in toilet.

The bed very comfortable. Service at reception in evening and night particularly good. 5am alarm call and 6 am taxi spot on. Like bottles of water in the room each day. I liked the area once I got over the fact it was perfectly safe, walking down a dark road to find the cafes at night after a late check in for a single elderly woman was a bit nerve racking the first time. Afterthe first time a breeze. Orchard Road just another 5 minutes on. I liked the green oasis that surrounded Lloyd’s inn and its old old charm

Browse Lloyd's Inn Traveler Photo Gallery