Reviews of Mandarin Orchard Singapore 5 stars

333 Orchard Road, Orchard, 238867 Singapore, Singapore

#98 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Meritus Club King Room - Breakfast Included

Very convenient location yet the rooms are quiet. Friendly and helpful staff. The food provided at club lounge are high quality. We have really enjoyed our stay and will be back again!

• Meritus Club Premier King Room - Breakfast Included

Fantastic location, close to metro buses and shops. We stayed on the club floor and our large room was beautiful. Nice extra touch with welcome card etc and view from club lounge was amazing. food and service of high standard. very professional and staff very helpful.

We had to change rooms after horrible chemical smells made us sick. BUT the staff were incredibly helpful and kind and fixed the problem as soon as we told them about it.

The location is fantastic for access to Orchard road and perfect for Takashimaya. Easy to travel all over Singapore via the train system.

Breakfast lines offer variety of food choice; unfortunately, they are not really tasty. also, the outlet is very hectic particularly between 8-9am.

Rooms are recently renovated in a clean and modern design. Good location for shopping on Orchard road.

Excellent location on Orchard Road. Close to many shopping plazas. Lovely English and Asian breakfast. The shopping plazas had eateries for lunch and dinner. Hotel room was large, bed comfortable and bathroom with bath and separate shower. Booked tours at the concierge desk. This hotel is not a nominated hotel on some of the Viator tours, but I left a msg when booking that we were staying at Mandarin Orchard and the tour company emailed me to say that pick up would be there. We really enjoyed our stay in Singapore, and would recommend this hotel.

• Meritus Club Premier King Room - Breakfast Included

The hotel was so quiet, had a great night's sleep. The staff were amazing. We used the Club facilities. What a great time we had there. Max, Sanai looked after us at night and Jani and Ricky in the mornings. Because of the lovely facilities and great staff in the Club Room we will definitely go back. I have recommended this hotel to my friends.

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

I booked a room for my husband who do smoke, but as soon as we came out of the elevator, i can smell already that strong cigarette smell then inside the room there's no exhaust fan or ventilation and the carpet smell a bit.

breakfast buffet

• Superior Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel was too crowded! Had to wait a long time to get my luggage before getting into the cab upon check-out.

Excellent location in Orchard Road - very easy to find great shops and restaurants around. The room that I booked has comfy bed and fast internet connection.

Cannot complain from anything.

The location is great, the room was big and clean. Very delicious and rich breakfast. They have very good service and helpful staff.

I have been staying here with my family for the last 25 years or so and standard definitely have slipped considerably which is unfortunate because i really like the brand. Maybe it's time to find a new home away from home in Singapore. The staff as always seems to always need additional customer service training, the last few times i was here in the last 3 years have not been happy with reception staff, also getting a taxi is a disorganised affair that you may as well call it a feeding freenzy free for all event, though supposedly there's a queue and supposedly again hotel guests takes priority. It's definitely getting not worth value for money to pay such a premium price for the great location when everything else seems to be just average.

the location is really good and the hotel room is quite nice. Breakfast has a lot of options. The Chatterbox cafe is also a plus. Always an old time favourite.

The entire corridor of level 20 smelled of cigarette. And to think it's a non smoking floor. Was disappointed especially on this aspect. Also aircon wasn't cold enough. Other than that the rest was ok.

Bed was comfy. Location is perfect!

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

We couldn't believe that they provided in the room free smart phone to use locally and call free international calls to 14 different counties. Excellent service for leaving our luggage when we checked out as we had a late flight.

Unorganised taxi line though I think this is more of an issue with the taxi system where taxis will drive off if they don't like where you asked to be driven

Centrally located near lots of shopping centres

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

We had to walk pass the lobby before we get to the swimming pool. It would be better to have a different access to the pool, instead of walk pass to those check-in/out hotel guests. It can be embarrassing.

• Premier King Room

I could hear the guests in the next room and their kids quite clearly. When we first went in to the room I noticed that the connecting for was not locked on our side so I locked the door only to hear later one of the kids next door trying to open the door and asking his father why there was a door there. Anytime upstairs or next door used the water there are sounds from the water pipes which can be loud enough to wake me up I could also hear music from nearby clubs even though I was on the 24th floor. The hotel provided 2 soft pillows but they were very soft but this is a personal preference. The mattress was firm and compensated for the pillows. Water pressure in the shower is great but hot water takes a while to reach our bathroom. I feel these are small areas that would make an otherwise great experience into a "wow" experience and by no means diminishes the value or service quality at MOS

Great team in housekeeping and reception desk. Checking in/out was a breeze. Breakfast and dinner F&B teams are excellent. Breakfast spread is excellent and offered a wide variety including gluten free bread and mini muffins.

The Breakfast Menu was quite expensive. Service was terrible. The choices were not that great. Overall, Disappointing. The Staff at the checkin counter was not very courteous

The Location is fantastic. Its the only reason i keep going back to this property

• Family Room

the bathroom, the water in the shower is a bit slow unlike other hotels the toilet to flush you have to make more effort for it to flush you have to press 2 to 3 times for it to flush properly

the room was perfect for us. very convenient to the shops

• Superior Deluxe Twin Room

I arranged a short trip for my mom on Mother’s Day weekend hoping it would be a perfect gift for my mom. However, it turns out to be a not so great weekend because of Mandarin Orchard. I register at around 13:40 PM and the staff said the room will only be ready at 14:00 so I waited at the lobby. Then around at 14:02 I checked and the staff gave me the keys to my room. When I open our room, I was shocked. The room was FAR from what I expected and it was NOT in a good way. The bed sheets and blanket was all over the place, the is trash on the floor and the card of the previous guest was still in the power slot. It sucks when you are trying to plan something for your mom on Mother’s Day and it turns out to be not great. I complained and they gave me a new room and extended my check out time to 14:00 which I did not use because I checked out at around 11:00. Thanks Mandarin Orchard.

The overall interior of the room is nice and also the location is amazing.

• Family Room

The air condition in the room was not too good. It was mostly warm and not cold enough.

Chicken rice and lobster noodles were excellent - this was from room service.

• Connecting Room

Improvements could be made to increase the water pressure of the shower; it was rather weak.

Staff at the reception and concierge were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was super spacious and clean, and came with two sinks, which made it quicker to get ready. Also liked that the thermostat was adjustable, and that the television came with a variety of free movies/entertainment. Bed was super comfy and large, and the room came with good facilities.

• Deluxe Twin Room

These items r missing n not provided in the room : 1) no bidet 2) no non slippable rubber mat in the bathtub 3) no extra pillow provided in the cupboard 4) no exhaust fan in bathroom 5) asked for room nearer the lift for senior..... But not allocated ! Were we given the old wing ? Which is newer amongst the 2 wings ?

Location .

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

Food is non halal so have to find elsewhere otherwise it's excellent

The bed is comfy and the bathtub have handles which is great for my mother easy access. Very close to Takashimaya, H&M, Paragon etc

• Family Room

Our room was very dusty. My husband and son flared up with swollen eyes, wheezing and coughing due to their dust allergy. The bathroom shelves also showed dust upon arrival. Also, one part of the room had a broken air conditioner. They couldn’t fix it throughout our whole stay - and mind you we were travelling for doctor’s appointments with a 3 year old and a 3 month old child.

Location is superb.

1. The congested pick up and drop off area. I guess nothing much can be done. 2. Lengthy check-ins. 3. Cotton buds and cotton pads are not provided. Another thing is, 2 sachets of coffee? 4. Would be nice to have an ice machine. We waited around 30 mins each night for ice.

The location. Within walking distance to the shopping areas in Orchard Rd. In between the Somerset and Orchard MRT Stations. Lots of eating places in the vicinity.

Porter service was a bit rough around the edges and abrupt.

The staff were especially attentive and helpful as i was travelling alone with my toddler son. They say people don't forget how you make them feel. I would have to agree!

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

lighting in the bathroom is not bright enough and the view was not good

the staff was very friendly and gave good service, the beds were huge and comfortable, the location was excellent and food was good!

The place has aged over the years.

The birthday surprise was awesome with the round cake and towel figures (elephant and cake)! It was a pleasant surprise and by far the most celebrated birthday efforts put in by the staff.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

Booked a room for three, when we arrived there was only one bed. Some other minor issues booking in but staff were very friendly.

Good location, Great breakfast, friendly staff.

• Connecting Room

all except location, terrible breakfast, swimming pool from 80’s, diff. logistics inside, this should be max 3-star hotel

good location, this is the only advantage

• Superior Deluxe King Room

There were not much space in the closet. If we happen to stay there for few days i am sure we wont be able to keep our stuff there.

It was super clean and tidy.

• Superior Deluxe King Room

There was a lot of confusion regarding the paying of our account. The hotel took more on our credit card than the quoted price for three nights and the duty manager was not prepared to see our point of view.. We were supposed to have a room with city views and instead we looked over the basket ball court.

The breakfast was very good with an enormous variety of food available. Our room maid was very helpful and friendly.

Main light switch for the room was on one side of the bed and you could not turn this off and then only have reading lights on. TV would automatically come on as you entered the room to play the hotel's promo.

Spacious room with extra large twin beds. Double sinks in bathroom were very handy for my mother and I travelling together.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

The front office manager (if not mistaken her name is Catherine and she seems from Philipine) very rude and no gesture of apologize to customer, they are unable to provide the room as we choose, then blaming on booking.com and blaming me of booked through booking.com; I clarify I didn’t choose the room from special request but drop down of room, and no single apologize and so rude when she asked permission to make a copy of my booking voucher; even worse we were check in for almost 1.5 - 2 hours after long day travel and meetings, this is not acceptable and we are not even asked for complimentary, then finally the other office manager (a guy) offer a help and really help us and showing a bit of understanding and apology for their mistake; but I personally totally disappointed; they ruined our dinner plan and finally our last nite in the city. I hope they understand if you don’t like selling your room though booking.com then don’t, don’t treat us like 2nd class customers because we were not booked directly to Mandarin sales or website. It took me so long to write this, coz I have no intention and so far not having a bad staying like in here. I hope Mandarin will treat all their customers at the level they should.

Well Mandarin Hotel - all decent and well as it’s standard! Thumbs up - but need to trained the staff well!

• Deluxe Twin Room

-There are 2 towers ; for 1st one you dont have to switch elevators ; for the other one you have to go off on 5th floor and take the next elevator which can be frustrating. -Its not a new hotel and it shows its age in some areas.

-Comfy Bed -Attentive Staff -Great Facilities -Great Location

Rooms need refurbishment. Old furniture, bedside tables were had glass tops which have not been cleaned for sometime. Slightly stinking carpets. House keeping guys walking into the room at 8AM... make sure to switch on the privacy button. No wine glasses in the room. Wanted a room with a King size bed, but was given a room with two single beds put together. Therefore the bed was very uncomfortable. All corridor conversations, footsteps, noise from housekeeping trolleys can be heard in the room. My previous visit to this hotel about 3 years back was fantastic. I was somewhat disappointed with the state of the room this time.

Fantastic location and spacious rooms. Multiple passenger lifts meaning easy access to rooms.

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Very poor service, ice bucket took an hour to arrive, no one answering the phone so we ended up bringing down 6 suitcases, no umbrella available when it was raining

We were very disappointed with the hotel and their flexibility to change dates for our booling when unexpected travel changes happened for us and we were no longer going to Singapore. It was fortunate that I had to go to Vietnam for work and my company allowed me to book flights through singapore so we were able to use the booking although the hotel changed me a massive fee for this as well as an additional admin fee. Everywhere I turned they were charging me more... For what you get, the hotel is very expensive and I wouldn't recommend anyone staying there if they aren't travelling for business. We didn't find the staff, in particular the breakfast restaurant very rude. We wil not be staying there again nor recommending to anyone.

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Pool area is dreadful. Breakfast area is modern but tremendously overcrowded. If you are solo skip it and look for outside place.

Spacious modern rooms with great ambiance and view. Stayed in the Main Tower. Lively bar with terrace. Location is super central to all shopping.

DimSum at breakfast, suppose to be much better Chicken sausage - was good,, and be better if there was no cheese taste in it Chesse Platter, was missing brie types

Matress Location

• Meritus Club Premier King Room - Breakfast Included

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 30 years, always on the club floor. Booked a Club premier room only to find out that it was a lower floor, old furnishings room and terrible view. We volunteered to "downgrade" our room just so we could move to a newer room on the 30th floor with premium views. We did not get a refund for our "downgrade" so in fact wasted money in booking a premium room. The club floor is completely inaccessible for customers on wheelchair which is another shame. Will be changing hotels in Singapore after staying here for 30 tears.

• Deluxe Twin Room

-Its a bit old There are two blocks of buildings. For 1 tower you have to switch elevators.

The place is nice and clean, rooms are spacious and the staff is attentive and kind. The location is just perfect right in the middle of orchard road.

Check-in slightly longer waiting in queue but that can be improve.

Location is just right and it's in the centre of shopping area. Staff are approachable and very helpful . The cleanliness of the room and in room service dinning is good. The room cleaner is very helpful and polite. The bell boy also very helpful in arranging a taxi to where you want to go. The Environment is just right for short gateway shopping.

• Deluxe Twin Room

When I booked I specifically ask that my kidis be in a room on the same floor as myself and my husband. This didn’t happen which was disappointing. They would have changed this for an extra $140 which I wasn’t prepared to pay. We did get a late checkout until 1pm which was good however a little longer would have been better.

The breakfast was good.

• Connecting Room

Hotel decore in the room and around hotel getting a bit dated

Spacious bedroom and bathroom which were both clean and well serviced Guests provided a free mobile phone to use for internet, local and international calls in and outside hotel Buffet breakfast was busy but food was excellent with wide variety Pool although not luxurious was a nice size and not busy

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

Noted in my previous answer

Loved it cant thank them enough, the only improvement i could recommend that being installing a Sauna, and hot Spa .The bar coid have a choice of local beer ie Tiger(one of my favourite local beers along Singa)

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Although we have stayed just for one night at Mandarin Orchard, we will definitely be staying here again for our future stays. A big compliment to Dayan Rajadass, the Duty Manager who very kindly received and welcomed us.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

Air conditioning was warm. Water in our room was one minute cold one minute warm.

Excellent location. Good view of orchard road from our room on 27th floor. Breakfast was good. Service is good.

Breakfast time. We went into the main breakfast room and it was absolutely chaotic! Too many people,with children, also all trying to get this or that on their plate. We finally went to the breakfast room opposite the check-in. This was so different! And most enjoyable.

We liked the central-ness! Best trip was across the road and up Emerald Hill Road. You have to walk it to believe it in the middle of all the high-rises. Bus to the cable car to go up and over to Sentosa Island. Then got the mono-rail back. Got the tram around the beaches. Then had lunch on the rooftop of the Marina Bay Hotel. Wonderful! Disappointed Raffles was closed for refurbishing. Bit disappointed with the boat trip on the river but it served our purpose! Last time we went there was 45 years ago! Things had changed! But the high-rises were different to each other, by size and by colour. It was done well.

- very poor condition and furniture so old, and wall papers start pilling off!! - breakfast is below standard of such hotel. - interns speed is one of the poorest I have been in 5 start hotel, at night it hardly reaches 2 mbps!!! - AirCon very old control and not accurate in maintaining temperature.

The location of the Hotel

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

Everything was perfect, if possible try to put proper sign board so to understand were is what :)

The buffet breakfast spread was excellent, amazingly well managed considering the number of people that come for breakfast. Location was excellent lots of option around the hotel.

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

There should be a small play area for the kids. That would be perfect for families travelling with kids.

Breakfast is my favourite, however on Saturday the waiting line took up our time to eat which wasn't extended as it closed at 10am.

• Regency Suite

During breakfast time it is always very messy, the servers don’t have enough time to clean our baby chair so we always have less time to have our breakfast.

The food is great!

• Connecting Room

Really long queues for breakfast And stations run out of food and were not equipped with everything. E.g No signs on what food was, run out of plates and items and was only 940 am

Room was good Location good

The food in the Meritus club was consistently cold. The kitchen was slow with breakfast egg orders.

Front of house staff were most helpful and professional.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

The hotel was dated, pool facilities weren't particularly great considering the 5 star rating. Food was surprisingly bad and $10 for a glass of juice is extortionate!

The bed was comfortable

Air condition was not working.toilet was not working. Tv was not working.

They have no choice to upgrade our room the next day and let us use the facitilies.

• Premier Twin Room

Bit too pricey. Had to pay for early check in and late check out. Rigid on this.

Comfortable bed. Good view. Easy access to a lot of shopping. Very helpful staff.

• Connecting Room

Waiting staff in restaurant are rude and service is substandard. It feels as though one is being rushed in and rushed out at breakfast time- has a canteen like feel to the breakfast experience.

Great location, comfy beds

The Receptionist at check in Ms. Mary Tsao was exceptional in her service, was kind and understanding, importantly was smiling. At the time of check out Mr.Rajneesh was kind and helpful especially with our baggage and looked into our ease and comfort.

Saturday night there were buskers on the street outside the hotel room. They sang and played music using amplifiers and a sound system. At 1130pm they were still playing. If you’re jet lagged or have children you do not want to face Orchard road

The location is the best in Singapore for being close to Orchard

Staff are very nice as well as the location is perfect for us. We always stay in this hotel everytime we are in Singapore. It's our favorite hotel. We also love the surrounding & shopping around the area.

• Deluxe Twin Room with Extra Bed

Central location on Orchard Road with clean rooms, comfortable beds and a good buffet breakfast offering lots of choice. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient. There is a good Japanese bar offering craft beers adjacent to Reception. The hotel extended our check-out time by 3 hours which was greatly appreciated as we had a late night flight out. We were allowed to use the wi-fi, pool and shower facilities beyond the check-out time.

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

No working staff came to help with the luggage when we arrived at the entrance, the check-in desk staff had no smile, the lobby was full of bored exhausted guests awaiting on the couch, the rugs smell wet and facility was quite old.

This is probably the first time for me to give a bad review to a Hotel, among my years of experiences booking from booking.com all over the world. The location is great, other than that were so much under my expectations to such a brand.

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

The building and facilities are old. Old school design of the room.

The hotel location is good and easy to find. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Service is nice and room is clear.

This time everything was poor A/C not working properly. Only hot water in tap. Took 2 hour to fix A/C and water but A/C was noisey. I am regularly staying there. Manager offered me free breakfast. But I couldn't avail. I was busy in hospital. Check out time is very bad should change at least upto 12 noon

• Meritus Club King Room - Breakfast Included

The check in counter is on the 5th floor that was confusing and nobody helped me with my backpack it was really heavy. I was checked in the club lounge but they dont have a menu of whats available and they cant provide me with ice drinks and immediately said no. I paid a lot for the benefit and that was sad they just didnt offer anything else. The phone in my room was faulty. Overall almost everybody was nice.

The lounge is very nice. Everybody was helpful. Its clean and comfy.

• Meritus Club King Room - Breakfast Included

The bathroom wasn't that clean, the shower had hair , which wasn't ours, we don't have long dark hair and also in the corner of the shower there is a build up of something which needs a good scrub.

Check in was smooth on level 5 as we had a club room. Club facilities were excellent. Breakfast service and food choice was excellent and attentive staff. We also did the complimentary cocktails in the evening and a great choice of h'dourves. Location is right in the heart of Orchard Road, a shoppers paradise .

Interior design looked a bit old, could use an update in look. I expected a fancier looking room and pool.

The location was perfect. The staff were very attentive, quick to deliver requests.

• Connecting Room

The care and assistance afforded to guest. Polite staff. ambience, food was superb specially the Hainanese chicken Rice, steak. Overall, our stay was comfortable. The location is very good! We will definitely go back

The bell boy could have been friendlier & be more helpful. While we did tip the person, I think I did a fair share of baggage lifting myself.

Our request for connecting rooms & respective king sized & double beds were met. It was fantastic as we had elders with us & it made our trip so much more comfortable & enjoyable. We also liked the convenience of eating at Chatterbox. The server was thoughtful & gave us good advice on portions of order. The food of course was great & everyone came away happy.

• Deluxe King Room with Extra Bed

the shower water is not really strong so we did not feel like taking a nice shower/ bath

the food (breakfast was great) the bed is huge and comfy the room is spacious and very very nice place to stay

• Meritus Club Premier King Room with Extra Bed

The food selection could have been wider on the Club floor especially for breakfast.

The people working there were all so patient and accommodating. Warm smiles all around. The young man at the front door (31 March 2018) was very nice and polite and he greeted everyone going in and out without the slightest complaint.

• Premier King Room

Worth booking a club room facilities are second to none friendly faces who always remember you from previous visits.. food is yummy and service excellent

Wasn't very cool, but perhaps I think that because I come from a cold country.

I got a free upgrade! Pool was lovely. Staff very kind and helpful. Free smart phone to borrow in room

• Superior Deluxe King Room

Overall clean but some small places like the side of the bath is full of dust. Also, the room has pretty noticeable moist odor.

Convenient location, spacious room