Reviews of Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality 4 stars

1 Tanglin Road, Orchard, 247905 Singapore, Singapore

#200 of 475 hotels in Singapore

Based on 1900 hotel reviews

Nothing really!

Room was comfortable enough, didn’t use the hotel facilities as was only there for a couple of days, out most of the time I was in Singapore. Would stay there again though.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Make the daily rate more competative

I always enjoy my stay at the Orchard Parade hotel but have in recent years found the price increasing so much that it is almost out of my price range now. Why not include breakfast with the package without increasing the room rate?

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is conveniently located near cinema and shopping belt. This is the third time I stayed in this hotel. I enjoyed all my time here. The staff did their best to create good experience for guests.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Better customer service and follow up! Shame that the rooms are refurbished but it lacks in staff training!

They tried to charge me the hotel room cost although I'd said that I had prepaid! They took a few minutes for them to check and they finally agreed that I did however upon checkout, they claimed that I didn’t pay and once again they made me wait till they checked! After checking out, I’d called the hotel because I had thought that I had left something behind. The receptionist, Faurizah has an attitude on her and was very abrupt on the phone. She said she would ring me after speaking to housekeeping but she never rang me. When I went back to pick up my bags I questioned her why she didn’t ring me and once again she was very rude! Such poor customer service from a 3-4 star hotel. I would definitely reconsider staying here again!!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like it . The staff wasn’t friendly and not helpful. I was having problem when my check out cos they wanted to double charge me cos the receptionist Ms Jannah Nordin didn’t use the right first time approval code as in check in cos they did on hold it on my card. Duty manager is not helping either. So customers please take note and make sure they use the right approval when you guys to check in. Right now I have to wait two weeks for my deposit to be credited to my account. Luckily, I called my bank to double check it.

The swimming pool and the location.

Horrible rooms

I did not like this hotel. I booked a room with a double bed and received something else. Plus, the photos do not represent the hotel, I was really upset!

• Family Room

We arrived earlier at around 12.30 pm, hoping we would be able to do early check-in, but the room was not ready yet. So we waited for 1.5-2 hours but the room was still not ready, even though it was passed the check in time already. If you put the check in time as 2 pm, be ready by then.

Great locaction and friendly staffs. The room was very spacey.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast area was too small and AC/ventilation system was not good in same area. The cold cuts and Cheese should be on plates on ice or cold cabinets, it was not so the cheese was sweating and items did not look too fresh.

The location of the hotel was very good for me on a business trip and restaurants and coffee shop close by.

• Family Room

The hotel rooms seems a bit bare. the Bathroom seemed a but old but other rooms were renovated.

Orchard parade was cheaper than other hotels within the orchard strip. Over all it was a good stay.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room had a good amount of space and was very comfortable for our stay. Having a pool accessible for our 2 year old daughter was a handy feature too. Access to public transport and malls were great to have too.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was uncomfortable, not firm enough for my back. The shower head was in a small bathtub which was little bit uncomfy . I would prefer shower stand instead.

Room was very spacious and clean. Pillows & blankets are comfortable. However, this particular kind of rooms are secluded from the outside view. Unable to view streets or buildings but curtains only.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

BAD ATTITUDE OF STAFFS. BAD HOTEL SERVICE. RUDE HOTEL DUTY MANAGER.

BAD SERVICE. Rooms were not cleaned despite several reminders. And the duty manager in charge gave so much ridiculous excuses. If I can give a worse rating, I WILL. In this line, you should know that CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. Never going to come back anymore.

Room had a damp musty smell maybe due to the humid climate.

A good sized room for three people and very comfortable beds. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Deluxe Plus Room Double or Twin

Couple of staff members were rude and bed sheet was torn. Simple complain at the reception didn't work, the complain had to be escalated to the manager, after which the same was fixed.

Nice Location, helpful travel desk

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Iron was not working Any call from the room to desk unanswered I asked for a quiet room. that request was documented in my online booking. What did they do? Put me in a room next to the lift! No business centre facility. Walk down the street to the Hilton - two desk tops available for guests. WiFi kept dropping out and you had to sign in again and again

The young Chinese guy cleaning the rooms - helpful

• Deluxe Plus Room Double or Twin

At night the passage lights that shine into the room through the crack between the door and frame and lights up the room.

The location, standard of facilities and very friendly taff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

comfortable room, my only complaint was that the TV was set on a wall no where near the bed, so had to watch from an obscure angle

nice clean room with big balcony overlooking pool

• Superior Double or Twin Room

In the time I visited the hotel it was overcrowded. It wasn't even easy to get a table on the breakfast. The gym is pretty small and compact. Walls between rooms are pretty thin so you can easily hear what you people from next door are doing or talking.

great location, not far from MTR and bus stops.

• Family Room

I don’t like the lobby area.Should have more seating area rather than shops.

Location is the best , right in the middle of shopping district,and places to dine.Family room is spacious with super comfy beds.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast had mostly an Indian selection of foods and not enough of a western selection. The breakfast room was much too small, lots of pushing and shoven went on.

Good location. The porters were very helpful

• Family Room

I booked the family room which is very comfortable with 50 sq.m. space. It's really rare to find this kind of room at this price with this kind of location.

• Family Room

The family room we had booked from booking.com wasn't accordance with the picture we saw from booking.com, the phone in the room can not be used so we couldn't order food from the room.

The beds were very comfy

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is fantastic. It's about 10m walk from ION Orchard and Takashimaya. The in room Handy Phone is a nice touch in case you forget to by 4G sim card. Also, Japanese restaurant Akanoya downstair is a great experience.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No soundproofing - had to bear with neighbours noise all night - hotel has been refitted since last visit , but still no shower hose in bathroom .

Location - great Japanese restaurants albeit pricey

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sometimes there was chatting noise from the next room which was a bit annoyed. Besides, we asked for repair of the broken mini refrigerator to store fresh fruit we bought from market, however, someone came and said that they would change a new one later, and he never did it, nor did other staff. That was more than disappointed.

The double bed is really huge and soft, making us feel comfortable, as the picture shows, I highly recommend. Room service is good and it's pretty clean after we got back every night.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room service's last call is at 10pm. Luckily there are a few places open past 10 nearby.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great - just far enough away from the main hustle and bustle of Orchard Road, but near enough to walk to it. Room was spacious, clean and comfy. There are plenty of food options nearby.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the fact that the wifi and tv was turned off more than half an hour before we were due to check out. Found that a little rude. The AC was a little on the warm side with a thermostat sorta control so it was quite hard to work.

Housekeeping was timely, staff were friendly and helpful enough, room was comfortable, pool was amazing, so overall, it was an okay stay.

• Family Room

Beds are pretty hard. Breakfast spread is ok but pretty boring after a few days

Wonderful staff did their best to make sure we were happy. We started off in a dark no-view room and they moved us to a lovely, big room with a view over orchard road. Swimming pool was excellent for the kids.

• Family Room

Although I booked 'family room', the staff at the front gave us the wrong room (much smaller, no balcony with three single beds). Even worse, she gave me a poor explanation! Very dissapointed, it took nearly an hour for check-in & changing the room. The room was generally clean but the bathroom could have been cleaned better.

This was my third visit Sgp and now I found why people choose hotels in Orchard area. Shops, food courts are near, very convinient. The family room was spacious for my family with two primary school kids. Especially, the staff at the lobby was very kind with carrying my luggages & getting a taxi..etc.

• Family Room

I stayed for 7 nights ( first 4 nights at a double bed room, last 3 nights at a family room). And for the last three nights they never change the bed sheets. I know this because the same stain in the sheet is always there.

The room was spacious.

• Family Room

The family in the room next to ours were very noisy.

Great location. Clean hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. We were able to store our luggage at the hotel as we had a late flight and used free use of shower facilities. Very thoughtful.

Was all positive

Stephan at front reception was excellent Upgraded our room day two moved our bags and all staff attended to any issue within hours more towels replaced broken fridge etc

• Superior Double or Twin Room

room was quite spacious to accommodate 3 persons, the bed was comfortable. The staff allowed us to have late checkout. Location is great and bus stop is just across the street, very convenient since traveling by bus is easier and cheaper rather than mrt.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is close to the Orchard Road. There are heaps of shopping malls, food courts and restaurants around. The Hard Rock Cafe is also just a 5min walk away.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk service was not professional For a newly renovated room I would think that with the bathroom being redone that the old bath and fittings would have been replaced when the basin and fittings were.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Prices always more than the main price displayed (small writing- plus plus) A special offer for longer checkout offered to my friends but not to me because I booked with booking.com (their words)

Attentive staff

• Family Room

Duty manager is very sharp at his job and very efficient, always with a smile. Hotel offers best value with room size and renovated fittings. Will return

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Check-in/out queue a bit chaotic. May need a bit of lane or crowd control. A lot of other travelers.

Place is clean. It is old but looks recently refurbished. Shower water pressure is fantastic. Some of the staff are really helpful. At the end of Orchard Road but within walking distance (~5-10 minutes with child) to Ion/Shaw/Tangs/Wheelock Good mix of travelers

Had a great time really. Can’t really say there was much that wasn’t good. However, if you’re planning to leave early you’d better ask the hotel to prepare pack breakfast since they only open their doors after 6:30am.

The hotel is located at the CBD with very good restaurants and shopping malls at walking distance. Hotel staff are professional and very friendly. Our stay was very enjoyable.

• Family Room

The room is not well cleaned.

Although the room is newly fitted out, it is not well cleaned. The facilities in the room are simple and not up to four stars standard. The wifi is poor. We used our mobile data instead.

• Family Room

- check in time, reach at 3pm, and my room was not ready yet. wait at the lobby for another 30-40 mins. - one of the front desk Malay lady staff not friendly, ask two question only and give me black face, really disappointed for this hotel at the first impression.

- location - room was just finish renovate - huge family room - easy excess to Orchard road

• Deluxe Plus Room Double or Twin

breakfast need to be improved, by variety and quality; every day the same combination of - in my presonal opinion - low quality continental breakfast; breakfast does not fit to the quality and beauty of the hotel itself IMO

great and very beautiful location, very peaceful although located very centrally, perfect hotel facility, in my opinion greatest value for money for a four star hotel in singapore, i will always book this hotel in future

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit low on coffee and sugars - must be hard to get these days?

Have stayed there many tines all the smiley faces plus safety and security are the reasons why.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was noisy, one could hear what was going on in the hall, the room next door, especially at the weekend when there were more people there. There should be at least signs in the hall asking people to be quiet when walking about at night.

Good size room, clean, great location, lovely staff, great pool. It was a comfortable stay overall and will defínetely stay again. Breakfast was good, lots of selection, but I found it a bit expensive.

• Club Double or Twin Room

The doormen/security staff uniforms (they are very plain). That may be an odd statement, but I was here many years ago when it was the Ming Court and the doormen then were a real feature. It was a ten minute walk to Orchard MRT which was no problem except when it rained :)

The location at the top of Orchard Road meant easy access to shopping and restaurants without the chaos surrounding other Orchard Road hotels. Taking a Club room was excellent value for the additional privacy and quietness. Excellent service too. Rooms (two stays in a week) were spacious, comfortable, and quiet.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Their lack of ability to handle a disgruntled guest even after much explanation that the double booking was no fault of mine.

Had a double booking issue and duty manager who attended to me was robotic in her answers. Looks like staff is not empowered and scared to call their mgmt staff .

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel could easily be a top rated hotel if a few things were changed. E.g. our handy phone did not work and I handed it in to the reception and asked 3 times for it, but during the 10 days we never got it back or heard about it. Was very much afraid to be charged for it as it constantly seems to be a surprise when I mentioned it at the reception.

Good value for money . Very nice staff and great pool. Great modern room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The electricity went on and off in the middle of the night. The receptionists were busy to attend to our needs.

The room is spacious and comfortable. The air conditioned is cold. I like the swimming pool with the cottages. A family with kids will enjoy it. I like the location.It is very near to places I want to visit. I like the cleaners very approachable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The view from the room is not so impressive.

The location is great. The swimming pool is really nice and comfortable. The room size is excellent for the location and price.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Check in was fast and efficient, but lacked any communication about the room or facilities. I was handed my key while the lady went on to take another phone call. I thought my credit card had been overcharged until i revisited the front desk and found out it was only an additional authorization for security deposit. Check out was similarly fast and efficient.

Really nice room with a huge comfortable bed, nice rainfall shower, couch and table, desk, large flat screen tv. All the little extras like hot water pot with coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair drier, room safe, toiletries are included. I would be comfortable staying here on extended business trips. Balcony overlooking pool area. Pool area looks beautiful, but I didn’t try it. Lots of good restaurants and bars in and very close around the hotel. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and professional.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room got no view (mine was #307, suite room) TV size is too small for the room size & watching distance Pillow was hard & rough Staff were unfriendly Understand that check out time would be very busy, however when I called front desk and asked for bellboy to bring down our luggage the staff answered very rude. "Sorry mam, all our bellboy are busy". I lost my words!! Would be great if she replied nicely "We will serve you, however please kindly expect longer waiting time since all of our bellboy is occupied at this moment"

Location, just walk 1 min to orchard Room were clean, we got upgraded to suite room (we ordered deluxe room), free extra bed and also baby cot. Bathroom were very clean Free Parking (you know, parking in SG is super expensive)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff only carry bag for those looks riches. The front desk staff give us the room key which the guest inside the room still yet check out. Also not give us the room as per our booked, 2 single bed as we chosen in booking.com the reason given was the room arrangement upon check in, first come first serve as per staff explained, however we check in on 2pm, I thought this is the earliest time that can check in

Convenient and clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Some rooms look directly into parking lot. Staff at front desk were unaccommodating at times. The prices are steep but comparable to what’s around the area.

Rooms are big and comfortable. A lot of space for Singapore. The hotel has an older classic look and feel. Some of the rooms has decent views of pool and city. Location is ideal

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff. Great room. Spacious for Singapore. Location is perfect for getting to malls and even to the MRT etc which is not far. All very clean and staff were efficient at the desk too. Thank you!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Check out process is quite slow! The cashier counting the money like 5 times - she spend most of the time for counting exchange money and it seem that she get lost on this! I'm running out my time so that may be the reason why i feel it. But so far: All the help, advise, service and free late check out can make it up! One area that you can improve is the Make up room! The person make up my room didn't clean my table!

Free late check out until 2pm for my both room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The smell in the rooms, the rooms were bare and very old fashioned, the whole hotel needs a complete and utter revamp

Nothing really very disappointing

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bath tub is too small.

Bigger room than other properties with the same pricing. Smart TV! Me and my friends played Youtube vids and Spotify overnight! Just walking distance to the central.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

When I checked in having very specifically booked a king single I had been given a twin. They fixed that immediately and gave me a larger room.

Very comfortable bed. Very good central location on Orchard road.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Price increase. I have used Booking.com in 3 other countries and only had to pay the advertised price but in Singapore they have add ons that are not seen. After I booked room it said I would pay $172. When I checked in the price went up to $203 - they added a room service charge of 10% then GST of 7% on top. This place isn’t exactly 5 Star,, you couldn’t stop the tap in the bathroom from running water and cleaners rag left in bathroom also (photos were supplied to counter staff and rag removed). The price advertised is what you should pay - no hidden costs.

Size of room - though the place is a bit of a maze - after getting off elevator I turned 8 corners to get to my room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming we got an upgrade to a couple of things because of the awkward timings of our stay and that made everything even cooler. The pool area is lovely and perfect to refresh after walking around in the city.

• Family Room

Room - balcony had cigarette ends in a plastic water bottle - room obviously hadn’t been cleaned properly

Room was large and very comfortable for a family

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The pillows were too soft. Door slamming was constant in the middle of the night. Was given a room next to the service exit. charge for house keeping when we thought was included.

The swimming pool was lovely

• Deluxe Plus Room Double or Twin

breakfast became poor, not enough choice, is now for indian oriental taste, bathroom no sockets aircondition poor in two difffeent room, not below 23 C

good location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, last time I stayed the breakfast wasn’t great but this time I booked the room without breakfast

The staff were attentive and helpful, o stayed at this hotel some years before and the conceierge still remembered me

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The car-park control system is still useless, as before. The complimentary ticket seems to send the automatic checking machines at the exit into a tail spin - took us some 30 mins to get out, even with 2 staff members trying to sort it out.

Location, and helpful staff, and the access to the restaurants in the same complex.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping was a little slow in making up room. Came back from breakfast and still wasn't done. Had to do ask housekeeper for supplies and we changed rubbish ourselves. Multiple lights linked to one button made it difficult to arrange night light. Either too bright or too dark.

Spacious with enough room for kid to move around easily. Decent view of street and pool

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel has been renovated recently... had a strong smell of paint in the room, floor lobby....

Great Location, Stayed a couple of times over the last few years.....

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The sarcasm by the look of two female employees faces when my card key doesn't work. It was unprofessional. Thankfully the patience from me and the male employee manage to provide a good smile and update my card key.

The concierge, security and helpful employees particularly at the drop-off and pick-up point. Thank you so much for your hard work.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing to complain about

Loved everything about it. Location great, staff very polite and helpful. The room was a good size, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. We were upgraded for no extra cost which was a very nice gesture.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room doors do not seal properly so at night a lot of light came and that had to be blocked with pillows. Domestos (?) cafe outside - very overpriced and not that wonderful.

The adjoining rooms 1002 and 1004. In fact we were with you for 8 days in total ( two lots of 4). The pool was great and the breakfast absolutely superb. Front desk - very professional and outdoor staff (for the taxis) willing to go that extra mile. Special thanks to Raj who remembered us when we returned from a few days away in Malacca. The room fridges overheated and ours had to be replaced as it was not working at all. It was done very quickly and efficiently. The Handy traveler phone was also very handy and a great idea. Room service was very accommodating and helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I loved the location. I also appreciated how quiet my room was, despite being in the heart of Orchard Road. My room also came with a balcony, which I loved as I meant that I didn't have to be stuck in an air-conditioned room all night.

air condition very very hard to tune n we feel very cold but no one can fix it

house keeping is very good n front desk staffs are friendly n professional

Wasn’t there long enough

The view was great, so much greenery, it was our return visit coming back from Melbourne We did have a lucky day in the casino though

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The fact that I was refused a receipt at check out and was told I can get it from Booking.com Really rude as I needed it for business purposes.

• Family Room

Airconditioning could not be adjusted so our room was freezing and the duvet was not thick enough.

Rooms and toilets had a lot of space and plenty of pillows to go around. Staff was very helpful with the luggages.

Browse Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality traveller photo gallery