Reviews of Hotel Re! @ Pearl's Hill 4 stars

175A Chin Swee Road, Pearl's Hill, 169879 Singapore, Singapore

#261 of 475 hotels in Singapore

NIL

Duty manager Noelle whom checked us in on the night of 9th Jun was awesome, super friendly and did a free upgrade! Definitely worth coming back for another staycation!

• Premier Triple Room

Found our favourite hotel in Singapore! Loved the retro decor. So groovy! The bed was so comfortable. Room was good sized. Clean bathroom. Reception and restaurant staff were lovely and helpful. Always ready to lend a hand and smiling. My sons were both sick but we still had a wonderful experience.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Smaller than the picture. I don’t even understand how this become a 4-Star hotel. This is considered 1-star hotel in the Philippines. It’s not worth the money. Will never go back again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location. It was far than what we expected. From outram station it was mentioned that the distance was about 600m but in actual 1.3km! We wasted quite a lot money taking the grab as we were just too tired from all the walking, walking up the hill and climbing up the stairs. We were told they had shuttle but when we asked about it, they mentioned they dont provide that service anymore.

I like that the room was spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The deposit so high 200 sing dollars, are you crazy that is damn dum, lucky i had cash in hand and the deposit must be cash not card accepted these was not advised on the booking as well

The room

• Premier Family Room

It is located at mein city center everything on the walking distrance and staff very friendly and walk around the hotel very beautiful place hill

• Premier Family Room

The restaurant is not so good. They did not care about the serving spoon/fork left on top of the table. The food counter was so messy.

The bed is so clean and soft. The attendant is so welcoming and so assistive.

• Family Suite

Our key card did not work and we had to let the reception check it and adjust during our first day. And also, two "security guys" entered in our unit and said they need to check something and my son is the one who opened the door for them (I was in the toilet at that time). When I got out, they're gone. So I actually had no clue what the check was for. At first, I thought they are going to check our key card that was not working. Just kinda weird. The nearest MRT is 15-minute walk, so it's not very convenient for our 2 kids who isn't fond of walking. Thank God for GrabCar. And then, not so many stores nearby (the vending machine in the hotel sells a few drinks), and the restaurant/café is already closed when we got back and my daughter asked for milk.

The Family Suite we occupied is really comfortable for all of us. We all had a nice sleep and that's all that matters. They are very accommodating even if we have checked out around 12:30 already and our check in is earlier than 3 PM.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Very clean. Friendly staff. Very quiet. Good location. Excellent access to China Town, Tiong Bahru. For Singapore extremely good value for a good basic hotel.

Breakfast spread was not impressive. Could have added other options (e.g. serial, hot milk, nasi lemak, prata). Condiments weren’t available. We had to constantly ask from the staff. No hose available in room toilets. Was inconvenient. Would be good to have shuttle services to nearby MRT stations or tourist attractions such as shopping centres. WiFi wasn’t good in some rooms. Network reception was an issue sometimes.

The beds were really comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean. The deco at the lobby was good. The interior of the hotel was well done and well thought out. The hotel in general was clean.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Located on top of a hill means a up-slope climb is inevitable if one is without a vehicle. Upon entering the lobby, the furnishing seemed somewhat dated. The lifts were not card-secured. But what was really surprising was our room (316) was left unlocked when we got there, and a towel was left lying on the bathroom floor. My request for bathrobes never got any final response to close the loop. The window offered an awful view of the rooftop air-con units and ducts.

Hotel Re! lives up to its name as a modern-retro themed boutique hotel. Upon arrival, my GF and I were surprised that Hotel Re! is the first hotel to be converted from a former primary school building, Pearl’s Hill School, also known as the tallest school in Singapore in 1971. Situated on top of a hill, Hotel Re! was well away from the hustle and bustle, and gave us just the right privacy we needed. We were also glad that the room came with a bathtub. Overall, it was very good value of money.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our bathroom door didn’t close properly so we had to fiddle with the lock a bit. Television had an advert banner that we couldn’t get rid of.

Location was great. Close to China town. Staff helped when a taxi wouldn’t take our surfboard.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was not make known to make the room deposit of $200 online as I do not always carry cards around. Luckily, I do have one debit card on that day.

The room is fantastic

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It used to be very vibrant as I have stayed here before in 2007. But now it is feels deserted. I requested queen size bed but there wasn’t any so they upgraded me to premier room but it just looked like the room I first reserved only at a higher level. The room is dusty. There were few cable channels and missing local channels with no remote control. I had to call for it. I ordered Chef recommended nasi goreng with coke but it was nothing special and cold. It cost me $28+. The refrigerator was not on. I checked the website for shuttle service and came down to rush for my appointment and was told that the service is no longer available for many years. Thus, their website was not updated since 2011. I was really disappointed by the place thus, I didn’t take photographs.

It is cheap and affordable and I will not pay more to stay here.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It’s kinda a far walk from MRT station and it’s up a hill.

It’s decent for a single night stay. It has good value and the place is clean, the bottled water was a nice touch when you’re traveling in Singapore.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Asked for a double bed, was given a twin. They didn't tell us this and refused to make any changes. My hot water didn't work. Minibar was empty.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One staff memeber was rude at check in, as another review has stated the room I requested wasn't available but I could pay to upgrade from twin beds to a double! Check in was not smooth. The staff member was too distracted by other guests asking him questions despite the fact he had already started dealing with us. It could have been his first day but it was just very rude.

Good location.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Big bathtub. Bath salts avaible. Corner room with city view. Big comfy bed, pillows. Hadron speaker in the room. 5 min walking to market, laundry etc. 15 min walking to Clarke Quay.

• Premier Triple Room

Thst they just swiped my card without waiting for my go signa and without telling me before hand I need a S$200 deposit apart from the room fee. Right now that amount is floating.

Nayah waited up for us at 3am

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The breakfast and roomservice. It was just overcrowded and did not taste good at all. Ordered roomservice one night and the food did not taste good and was cold.

Late checkout possible.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air con too cold sometime Shower head not user friendly Hot n cold mixer tap not consistent temperature .. sometimes get burn .

Simplicity Convenient Basic necessity provided Location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

very small rooms. even some taxi drivers didn't know the place.

near the shopping area of china town. we had good connection with public transport.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Firts when i check In i Hv payed cash to payed for the hotel. N deposit With my creadit card. Why they charges me twis . I just 1 nite stay . I just need need Return back money from my creadit card. Coz i was payed already With cash money. Thanks u.

Room is OK

• Premium Double or Twin Room

We need to walk a little bit to find a taxi or the MRT. I Have an elderly with me.

The front desk manager and the housekeeping employee are very accommodating.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

First, was given room 714 and requested to change (Chinese would understand why) and receptionist just smiled and shakes her head. Second, air conditioner not cool enough and called the front desk 3 times from 0030 - 0100 before they sent someone over to check. Was told that the air conditioner was not working and allowed us to change room. I requested to return the room card next day as I couldn't shift my belonging in the middle of the night with a months old baby and the staff reluctantly said ok but insisted that I must return early in the morning. Third, was told that they undercharged my card for SGD 30 upon checked out while I have confirmed with the receptionist that payment has been made earlier when I booked the room. I actually requested the receptionist to reverse the payment when I checked in as I wanted to use another credit card but she said no as full payment has been charged to the card provided via booking.com. Told her I can't access my account to check how much they have charged but she said if I don't wanna pay they will still charge my card. Had no choice but to pay as I was having my baby in my arm. First and last time staying here.

Location is good but the service is horrible. No free transfer bus to MRT( on website say yes).no breakfast with that price . The staff is not smile( smile is free). The price is too expensive .

• Business Double Room

The room I stayed in was very dusty. The curtain looks old and unwashed. The windows (outside) have stains and seems like the hotel did not clean their window. The carpetted room makes it worst with the dust around as some part of the room uses wallpaper. The wallpaper seems to be very old as it looks dusty from afar but in fact it was the material is aging.

I love it for the pillow and toilet.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Friendly staffs and managers. Service was good. Ensure that every requests is being met. When issues arises, it was resolved promptly and satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I am not happy on the room service assistant treated us. We requested for a bath soap and shampoos for they failed to supply after cleaning the room but the room cleaner was so arrogant even though we ask politely.

I am satisfied on how the receptionist accommodates us specially on getting a transportation.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

its quite far from outrum mrt station which has to walk under hot sun and up hill. had called 3-4 times to double confirm the location, somehow the male staff ( same person ) gets abit not patient for my repeated calls. but he attend to us well when we reaches there.

there is a free upgrade of the room which surprised me without extra cost. room was neat and tidy.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff Service can be improve. Lack of interaction and cold. My hotel room was barge in by technicians where they dun even knew there was customers in it sleeping. How dangerous could that be?

Tidy

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I will strongly NOT recommend anyone to stay at this hotel for so many reasons. We only stayed for 1 night and we couldn’t wait to check out and never come back. 1) Upon check-in we requested for a twin room which the receptionist acknowledged but in the end when we got into the room, we got a double room instead. 2) We requested for a room change and the new room (twin this time) we got felt more like staying in a 2/3-star hotel. Aircon was not working and it was super noisy. Bedsheet was dusty with some dirt stain and it has a strange smell. There was also many hairs in the comforter. Even though the maintainance guys came up to check on the aircon, it was of no help at all so the Front Desk changed our room to an upgrade (triple sharing premiere deluxe) they also offered to give us late checkout till 2pm and comp breakfast. Though we didn’t utilize the breakfast, we appreciate the effort but it stops there due to many more unpleasant experience we got later on. 3) Now for this new room we got, the aircon is working BUT, there was a lot of hairs in the bathroom floor, TV remote is not working, the light switch console next to the bed is not working, hence, we cant even switch on half the lights in the room. Even afterall that, we chose to not make any fuss about the room anymore as we were just so tired of changing rooms and by this time, we already gave up on the hotel facilities. 4) However, despite our patience, what was the tipping point is when we came back to the hotel at around 5.30am, we approached the Front Dest receptionist, IRENE for 2 COMPLIMENTARY bottled water to be sent up to the room and she said that she cant as the bottled waters are chargeable at $2/bottle (this is the first time that we asked for a repleneishment).

None.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I left my clothing inside the cupboard, as I call in fees days later. The reception told me housekeeping say can't find. I leave there for sure, if house keeping don't see, means they totally not doing their job as every guest check out need to be check.

Nothing special.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Premier Triple Room

we booked for a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children and for some reason were given 3 single beds, this may have just been a configuration issue by Booking.com

The place was very organised, front desk staff are very accommodating, especially Lam. very good food. China town is close by and within walking distance to eateries and shopping.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Premier Triple Room

The television was a little unclear maybe the satellite cable has its problems . The pictures were jumpy and noisy. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to voice out.

This triple bedroom was spacious enough as compared to other hotels. The bathroom was good size too. Thank you very much for giving us this opportunity to stay at Hotel Re!.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It would be good if hotel can offer breakfast buffet. The rooms is a little too small. Rooms could be renovated so that it doesn't look so sloppish. Suggest that hotels could offer some good deals for returning customers to encourage more customers to return.

Like the area that the hotel is located. Away from the busy central. FreeWiFi is the way to go! I ever stayed in the suite before, it was a good experience. The part where the deposit of $200 have to be hold when checking in might be a little turn off for some others. I don't find it necessary anyway, since nowadays most hotel don't do that anymore. This is placing trust on the customers.

• Business Double Room

The location definitely as it was quite inaccessible. The chair was making noises too everytime you sit on it. & the mineral bottles on the shelf was not complimentary like any other hotel. Also, the selection of channels on the tv could be better. We were quite happy to find out about the complimentary dvd rental in the hotel only to find out that the dvd rentals is all the way at Tiong Bahru.

A hotel with a bathtub at an affordable price! Also, there is a grab taxi booking station at the front desk, something I thought was interesting.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The entrance coming from Outram needs improvements because it's easily flooded, and the food in the restaurant was not well cooked once.

The theme is nice and the staff is polite and helpful. Giving the handphone with free local calls is a big plus too.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff was very rude and unwelcoming. Unfavourable location. There wasn't any DVD rental service but service was stated on the website. Gym was really small.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The aircon is not really cold when i change it to 18 degree and mini fridge is not cold.Hope to see changes when we come back. :)

Everything you need is there. Value for money

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They should paint the exterior of the building to look as nice as the rooms in the interior

Really nice spacious rooms and unmotivated settkbgs with high view of city

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The counter guy needs more training. Very inconsistent service by him as compared to his colleagues.

The Chinese lady at the counter is very customer orientated.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1)Asked to clear some left-overs which was overlooked by the cleaner during routine cleaning, staff response wasn't polite at all and told me to put aside until the next day morning. 2)The fragrance used that reception area was a little odd and very unpleasant for some visitors.

Yes, the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

Value for money - could have included breakfast with room.

Everything - the staff in particular were friendly and VERY helpful! Also it is so very close to everything.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Shark fin was advertised in the restaurant, the TV reception was bad - I wasn't watching so didn't care - the bath plug wasn't operating. Unfortunately the hotel is tired and dated compared to previous times staying there. And breakfast choices were rubbish

Staff were great, reception, restaurant and housekeeping awesome. Room location perfect

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff could be friendlier and more accommodating. The place needs to be well maintained and updated. Fridge was empty, complimentary drinks and toiletry items were not sufficient.

Ur break fast worst

Staff courteous

Absolutely nothing.

Best location, very comfortable wilt friendliest and helpful staffs ever.

• Premier Triple Room

Location was serene and peaceful. Beds were totally comfy. All.room facilites completely equipped. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Great job!

• Premier Triple Room

The uncle cleaner behavior is ridicules poor.

Pretty noisy at night

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The air con wasn't working very well and the water heater isn't hot enough

Venue

Place is clean & cosy

Noyhing

Can be used for family altogether

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food not really tasty for me

Staff very nice room clean

Friendly staff

• Premier Family Room

The bed is not really comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Noisy. Hallway and neighbouring rooms were loud.

Friendly service

Shower broken

Your staff is good and very friendly

Good

Good

nil

Everthing is good

Duty manager Noelle was very accommodating. 5 thumbs up for him

Train station was far

Rooms were nice and clean and quite spacious compared to other hotels at this pricing

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was comfy. The design was coloyrful.

Deposit over the counter

The beautiful room

Cannot smoke

Exceptional friendly personal

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The tv switches on by itself many times

Evrythink was perfect.......i recomend

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast non inclusion in the room terrif

N/a

Room and view

Mone

Nil

Nil

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The fact that the shuttle to the train is no longer available