Reviews of Royal Plaza on Scotts 4 stars

25 Scotts Road, Orchard, 228220 Singapore, Singapore

#67 of 449 hotels in Singapore

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

A wonderful stay, and a great hotel choice for Muslim guests.

When we were there, most of the facilities were under construction - which we already knew so it was okay. I think housekeeping and cleanliness could be better though because the sink and toilet bowl had some ugly stains that I think could be removed if housekeeping did a better job. Television cable reception could be improved too - some movie channels are not clear and that was quite disappointing.

We love the bed - it was large and comfortable - and so we had really good sleep and rest. The location was fantastic, as it was near a lot of food places. Hotel was smoke-free (great for those who appreciate clean air) and there is a hand spray/bidet in the toilet and that was fantastic. Breakfast spread is good and hotel service was excellent. We stayed there for anniversary and the hotel gave us a little note with well-wishes and a box of gummies which we really appreciate as it was a nice gesture. We were given complimentary breakfast, and beverages in the room mini-fridge which we were very happy about. The hotel also provided us a prayer mat upon our request, and ensured our room was alcohol-free. Overall we are satisfied with our stay, and will definitely come back again.

Great location to shops and Food Republic

No one mentioned the breakfast area was being renovated. Nor the pool. Nor the gym. No advice on Bookings.com nor on the Royal Plaza website about this. Pretty disappointing as we paid full price.

Great location to shops and Food Republic

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Room good but the rest was very poor for a Hotel costing as much as it did
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The Hotel was a building site. Reception kept cool by a stand alone air conditioning unit which was very loud. Nowhere to sit in the Lobby as there was no lobby. We should have been told about the work being done and we would have stayed somewhere else.

The room was very good and well presented. Shower excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Lovely hotel with excellent staff in a great location.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was large, everything seemed new, everything worked. Wi-fi was fast and allowed a max of 4 devices per room to be connected simultaneously, had no problem viewing e.g. YouTube or Netflix.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Ok but don’t think I’d stay again not value for money
    • Royal Club Premier Room

Bathroom disappointing lighting dreadful difficult to shave & for me apply makeup & no disposable razors lucky we took our own, room ok . Trying to get ice in our room took forever & I think room service should be available 24hrs not 6am to 11pm

The friendly staff especially house keeping ,concierge & club room staff

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

The cleanliness and welcoming vibe of the staff is really...

Surprisingly nothing!

The cleanliness and welcoming vibe of the staff is really great! To top it off, the rate is excellent compared to competing hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Staff were amazing, friendly and helpful.
    • Royal Club Premier Room

Renovations were happening during our stay. This wasn't noted before or when we booked. Pool was not available. Plus we paid to have access to the club bar which was OK - drinks were great, staff were amazing, but the range and choice of food was disappointing.

Staff were amazing, friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and comfortable. Good location close to Orchard road and not far from the MRT, bus stop across the road and taxis out front. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The guys that directed the traffic out front were absolute...

I don’t necessarily choose a room for the view and we didn’t get one, anyways we didn’t have time to look out the window ;>)

The guys that directed the traffic out front were absolute stars. Very large bed. Superb shower. The price.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The loction is convenient, concierge service is excellent.
    • Premier Twin Room

No access to gym and swimming pool. When we booked hotel that was important criteria for me and my collegue as both of us are doing sports every day. However it was no information that those facilities are temporarily suspended. I came to talk to Hotel Manager and she said that as we booked via Booking.com, she cant help us, only if we siad at the beginning of our stay she could return money and recommend us another gotel with gym and swimmimg pool. Another issue it is high humidity in rooms, everything were wet, even our documents became wet. We live in Hong Kong where is also high humidity , however in hotels its good ventilation and dehumidifying aircons.

The loction is convenient, concierge service is excellent. The availability of coffee machine with capsules is really good bonus. Beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Disappointing - described as a deluxe business hotel. More like a very expensive budget hotel.

Absolutely no facilities. Accepted they were going through a refurb, but why didnt they say. No lounge seating, no bar No public toilet facilities to freshen up before heading to the airport Pool and gym closed. 1 restaurant, mobbed the entire time.

Room was recently refurbed, small but ok

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Not a nice welcoming place.Very disappointing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My first room on the 11th floor was smelling of fumes and there was a constant banging . After complaining my second room was on the 4th floor. It was also noisy with a large carpark opposite my window and a bus lane outside. A shocking few from both floor windows. The fridge was stocked poorly, no alcohol drinks at all.Not even a beer! There is no place to sit down in the lobby ! Neither was I able to sit in the Restaurant because they refused to serve me a drink only. Since the Cafe was closed for renovation I expected some consideration for hotel guests.But no help was offered. I can not recommend this hotel at all.There are many hotels in Singapore better and cheaper than this one.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The location was good.

One staff member ruined it for the entire trip. He was so rude, and obnoxious, my wife actually complained, which she never does.he made obvious racist remarks, and was so out of bounds, she never wants to book there again.

The location was good. The room was clean

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Caters for muslim travellers.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Caters for muslim travellers. Kibksy direction ,Prayer mats, white praying shawls for ladies provided in the room. No alcoholic drinks and only halal food served . Rooms quite spacious and nice. Comfy bed and pillows.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

This will be my hotel of choice in Singapore.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The bathroom lighting was too dim. The room view was nothing special.

The breakfast was outstanding. The helpfulness of the staff was exemplary. And the location, close to Orchard Road and the MRT, was super.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The location was just fantastic, it's only several...

The location was just fantastic, it's only several minutes of walk away from the MRT station. Love the place! Highly recommended for those who enjoy shopping downtown in the city.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The breakfast was amazing and the staff are very friendly.

The only small peeve I have was the pillows were not too comfortable. They are way too large!

The breakfast was amazing and the staff are very friendly. The hotel is located very close to the MRT and Orchard Road so its a fantastic location.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The property is well located.

The staff gave me a smaller room than showed on the website. I’m 100% sure that the room is not 32 Sqm as being mentioned on the website

The property is well located.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Hopefully for next stay we could get good services

We stay at room 1340 but beside of my room was very noicy and move to room 521 but room is not same with before and small

Next if I order big room and please complete as ordered

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Good location and good value for money

The staff should have been more sympathetic and helpful to customer instead of just following regulation. My wife locked herself out the room and she wanted to get spare key to open. But the staff said can not do that because room is under my name and I was out of hotel. They insist for security issue can not open the room, but it is very simple matter, the hotel knows my wife name during check in, so just send someone to open the room, get my wife to show the passport which is in the room and see who she is. Unless she had to wait like 40 minutes and with lots of waste arguments.

Good location and good value for money

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

I’ve stayed there on three occasions, location was great and overall a good place to stay
    • Deluxe Plus Twin Room

Breakfast was disappointing. Normally you are asked if you’d like a coffee upon arrival in other hotels, however, here you have to make your own from a machine. The coffee was below expections. I’m not sure if it was the milk used in the machine, but it wasn’t very good. Staff constantly reminded you that breakfast finished at 10am.

Location was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful. The free soft drinks in the mini bar and Nespresso machine in the room was a nice touch. It was nice to stay in a completely smoke free hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Clearly a business rather than a hotel

Almost everything. The facilities are pretty basic and my room was supposedly upgraded but still quite shabby. Its fine given its location but the property is certainly NOT 5 star in any way.

Not much overall. The good things were all things that are to be expected in Singapore such as courteous staff, clean rooms etc.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Extremely enjoying and would definitely recommend to my friends.

From the time we checked in until check out the staff were friendly, helpful and very obliging. They were quick to answer any questions we had about dining and touring.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Always a great place to stay.
    • Royal Club Premier Room

Room decor is becoming a bit dated but we understand they will be be refurbished soon. Never enough power points for devices.

We always stay at this hotel when visiting Singapore. It has a personal touch and we really like the executive club. It’s very well located just off Orchard Road. The beds are comfortable and — a big plus — there are Nespresso coffee machines in the rooms.

Would stay again.
    • Deluxe Plus Twin Room

Room view was another building. But we were so close to orchard road.

Bed comfy. Free drinks and water in room. Guys getting the taxis out the front were hilarious.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Its location is in town where it’s near to the major...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Its location is in town where it’s near to the major shopping centres at Orchard Road. Even the Duty Free Mall is right beside it! What i love about this hotel is its restaurant, Carousel, which serves HALAL-certified international cuisine buffet-style. The buffet has a variety of food range from Asian to Mediterranean to Western cuisine. It even has the popular cold seafood platter that i see a lot of customers will go for. For desserts, the most popular ones will be the chocolate fondue and the bread pudding! Thank you Royal Plaza for giving the complimentary cakes for my husband on his birthday.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Excellent location.

One of the Coffee machines was out of order at breakfast on the busiest morning (the morning of the F1 GP leading to lengthly waits). On the Saturday (day before GP) the first floor Bar was unmanned at 20.00 hours (meant to be available until 22.00). We rang the buzzer twice for service and I also went and asked but still no one came. We left and walked across to the bar at the Marriott instead. Also basin plug in bathroom didn’t seal so water was rapidly lost from basin (we reported it on checking out).

Excellent location. Excellent breakfast choices. Very clean. Good decor. Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great location. Helpful friendly staff.
    • Royal Club Premier Room

Bed linen were so creased they felt rough, not what I’d expected in a club room. Interior lighting design could do with an update, with a weird mix of warm yellow and cold fluorescent ceiling can lights.

Location is hard to best, at the heart of Singapore’s popular shopping belt.

Nice pleasent stay feels like home.

There was nothing that I didn't like about the hotel.

I am a Muslim traveler. This is my favorite hotel whenever I am traveling to Singapore. My travel purpose to Singapore is mostly for business. Even though I am required to stay in another hotel, I will definitely transfer to this hotel during my last night at Singapore. Otherwise I will spend my whole stay here. Located in Orchard area, you will be in the heart of Singapore. I travel a lot and stayed in so many hotels around the world, but this hotel breakfast is the best! They have everything that I love.

Unimpressed

The Room was so overpriced, understand it was Grand Prix weekend and so prices are inflated, but still so expensive. Room was very tired and ordinary. Carpet needs a good clean. The breakfast was so overpriced and I did not enjoy it at all. Coffee/ Cappuccino was undrinkable and the buffet left much to be desired.

Location was good. The bed was big and comfortable.

Very accessible to food republic, Orchard road and train...

Very accessible to food republic, Orchard road and train station. Staff are very friendly, they’d always greet you with a smile, especially Syed at the driveway. He was very helpful and ask us everyday how we are. It was like it’s personalized. Our room was ready even before check-in time which was a plus for me.

Great place after a long plane flight. Instantly comfortable. Great service.

The first room I checked in had noise from building contractors doing work but the minute I let the service desk know they solved the problem very quickly and put me in a more quiet room. I won't be hard on the hotel about this because they did give me an early check in and they fixed the problem quickly and got my stay back on track.

I arrived extremely early (0830) from a long haul flight from Germany. It was long before my check in time of 1400 yet they very nicely let me use a hospitality room to freshen up and they made the effort to get me an early check in around midday. The staff could not have been more accommodating. The room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable I slept for 10 hours. They very nicely put my luggage into storage after check out and let me use the hospitality room for a shower before heading to the airport in the evening. Very friendly valets. These people aim to please.

The Best Hotel that serve Best Halal Buffet!

Maybe the swimming pool can have kids pool ? 🤗

I like Royal Plaza on Scott for the Halal Buffet and location definitely! Their staffs are efficient n courteous!

Buffet and friendly staff

Facilities are old. Only the rooms are new. There is no bath tub. For birthday celebrant, only 1 slice of cake is provided. We had a small cake when we celebrated at other hotels.

Buffet and friendly staff

The hotel is in a great location, a few meters walk to all...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing negative about the property.

The hotel is in a great location, a few meters walk to all of the shopping malls of Orchard Road. Very clean hotel and rooms were very comfortable especially the bed.

Beautiful hotel, great location. Extremely happy with our stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms very comfortable and well appointed including a complimentary mini bar (juice/water/soft drinks) which was a nice bonus especially when dealing with the humidity. Staff were excellent and very helpful

Good location - room was too humid

The room was very humid and smelled a bit like mold. We tried leaving a key to keep the energy on in the room to ensure the air conditioner was on all the time, but this didn't help.

The beds were bigger than twin size which was very nice. I liked the mini fridge though wish there were a few more selections for soft drinks.

Great stay, looking forward to a return visit.

We wanted to use the swimming pool but our first visit to it put us off. It's location and surrounding facilities did not reflect the same standards as the hotel and other amenities.

ALL the room facilities were excellent. Staff were very quick to respond to our needs - e.g extra towels, prayer mats. The coffee machine and mini-bar were stocked daily. The breakfast range and variety was excellent backed up with excellent staff.

Except the location, nothing much to write about...might as well have stayed in some budget hotel.
    • Deluxe Plus Twin Room

Draw the curtains and see a WALL. !!! That pic in the booking.com shows the room with a fine curtain..behind that fine curtain is a WALL....:-(

Proximity to Orchard road MRT stn ...

We really enjoy our holliday by booking Royal Plaza on scotts Hotel. Excellent location for shoping

I suggest that some rooms must be without Floor Carpet and replaced with Wood Floor. I said that because I meet some people suffering from Carpet Allergy. As I travel always and I see some Hotels make in consideration this guest request especially in location where the Humidity is very high.

The Hotel Location was excellent to go around the City and for Shopping. All hotel Staff are fantastic.

Good location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Too many guests/people using coffee shop buffet so lobby is very loud and noisy. Pool definitely needs renovation (water not very clean and no lifeguard on duty)

Good location. Friendly staff

The location was very convenient to all the shopping and...
    • Royal Club Premier Room

The gym was small and equipment outdated and not well maintained. Swimming pool was terribly small and consistent of 2 small lanes that are not full-length.

The location was very convenient to all the shopping and eating places on orchard road. Staff at the Club floor was attentive and the cocktail service was excellent with a wide variety of pre-dinner snacks and drinks.

Breakfast good variety.

The rooms are ok but need an upgrade, starting to show their age. The pool are is not very inviting ...needs a make over.

Breakfast good variety...the location of the hotel is great.

Good location, good staff, but a bit too noisy for us.

Good location, but too busy. Very noisy. The pool needs regular cleaning, and no lifeguard on duty. About time for pool renovation, I agree. Lots of people going to the Carousel restaurant, so very very noisy in lobby area all the time.

Bed was comfortable. Free minibar everyday was nice with free nespresso coffee. Staff were very friendly. Good location.

Close to malls and restaurants.

Renovations still occurring - the smells of the toxic chemicals in the glue weren’t good

Close to malls and restaurants. All staff were professional friendly and helpful.

Near shopping malls

The hotel located very near the shopping places in Orchard: shaw centre, wheelock, far east plaza, tang's plaza, ion orchard, paragon, lucky plaza & many more. The mini bar is free including the nespresso coffee maker. Near bus & mrt station. Variety of foods for buffet at Carousel restaurant.

Excellent location, great price!!

The bathroom comes with a glass wall, when you use the toilet at night, the bedroom will be lighted up too eventhough you have pull down the curtain

Located at the heart of the shopping belt. Great buffet spread.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

It was excellent, thank you.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Room service menu could be better and the coffee provided in the room is no good!

The room facilities were very good and very clean. Breakfast was super!

It is nice hotel close to the MTR (undeground).
    • Royal Club Premier Room

the rooms looks a bit old and not modern

It is nice hotel close to the MTR (undeground). easy access to other parts of the city. very clean. centrally located for the ones looking to be around Orchard street. stuff was helpfull, breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Location, room ready to check in early.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee making facilities meant 3 coffee capsules (1decaf) and 3 little milk sachets , 2 normal teabags and 2 camomile, any extra and we were told we would be charged. So one coffee each and then no milk for even a tea. Very poor. Breakfast finished at 10 am on Sunday so missed it.

Location, room ready to check in early.

Singapore is such a wonderful place to explore. So much to see and do and so clean and pretty

After previous comfortable and good stays, this time the moisture in the air conditioning made everything in the room feel damp including everything in our suitcases, bedding and it affected our mobile phones. We were unable to recharge due to moisture detection signal given out by the phone. The moisture also triggered my husband's asthma. We ended up turning off the air conditioning. As well, the coffee machine didn't work . The room had a tired appearance. The shower door wouldn't close properly and this resulted in water all over the bathroom floor

Staff were very good as in the past. The location of the hotel is fabulous

Bathtub/ smooth check-in/ room upgrade.

Old hotel, upgraded to premier room but on a low floor with no street view at all, so kids were quite disappointed. Toilet flush was weak.

Bathtub/ smooth check-in/ room upgrade.

A comfortable stay in a central location.

I would have liked a firmer bed....

The bath, the fridge, the coffee, the breakfast buffet, the connecting rooms, the friendly reception and the restaurant. ( This is my third stay here). Good location. Friendly staff.

The primary reason for staying here is always location.

Could not find anything to put here as the property meets my expectation.

The primary reason for staying here is always location. Also, the room is quite spacious and the in room nespresso coffee machine is really a big advantage.

Birthday Girl Upset

My sister(birthday girl) was very disturb by the drilling noise while still in bed at 9am.

Location, near to all shopping malls and lots of eatries available

Rock pillows. Thin walls. There was a "emergency modification" when we are sleeping 8.am in the morning and whole day. They didn't warn us for this at first then we called them and they change the room.

Location. Close to the bus station,trains and malls.

Birthday surprise for my sister

Housekeeping was slow to open up the link room doors. A bit dusty on some fittings and drilling noise in the morning while we still in bed.

The front desk staff were all polite and attend to my needs promptly. Clear and precise brief of the booking made.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The bed is very good.

The pool café is pretty poor- no staff and no atmosphere. There are not enough seats in the lobby and it is overcrowded. Beware this is an old hotel which has been dressed up. Emergency repairs were being done in the room above and the noise went on for hours.

The bed is very good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very convenient location

The additional $93 in taxes which came to nearly 20% of displayed rates in Booking.com. Appreciate this is not something particular to this hotel or Booking.com but feel it is an unexpected fair whack of change.

Location and proximity to Orchard Road and MRT. Nespresso machine and free mini-bar.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Exceeded our expectation. Value for money & excellent location. Will definitely stay here again.
    • Royal Club Premier Room

The wifi really sucks. We couldn't even log in so we gave up. Note that no pork is being served at breakfast as the hotel guests are mainly Muslim. This was not a problem for us but maybe a problem for those who fancies nice crispy pork bacon or ham.

The location is great for the price we paid. The breakfast had a good selection & was tasty. The bed was comfortable and we were surprised that even the roll out bed was sturdy with a good hard mattress. The room had good lighting and the amenities in the bathroom were good too. Liked the large fluffy towels.

It is really close to ion Orchard where the food and...

There was some renovation works going on during the afternoon when we wanted to have a nap. Thankfully the hotel staff were quick to change our rooms after informing them about this.

It is really close to ion Orchard where the food and shopping are. Room is neat, clean and spacious.

Comfortable bed, daily refill mini bar + Nepresso coffee...

Assumed the room had been tidy after left hotel for more than 3 hours (with tidy room signal on), however it didn’t. In addition, toilet was wet due to water flushing leaked, but no one found

Comfortable bed, daily refill mini bar + Nepresso coffee capsules (complimentary)

My choice of hotel for its value for money, great location & halal kitchen.

The decor of the hotel is old school. Maybe its meant to be.

Location. Muslim friendly hotel. Halal restaurant. The buffet looks awesome with quality food (they even serve gelato by the scoop!).

Good value, excellent location, helpful staff.

The red, decorative carpet in the room tends to see fluff on one’s socks / feet. Does it require changing?

The staff, across the board, are very helpful. The gym facility is good.

The Hotel is good but not perfect.

The price the they charge me has been a bit higher than price of booking.com confirmation. This because the price change for the currency. I think that is more fair to pay a price blocked when i make the booking. I payed the tax to stay and for currency i payed more tax than i expected to pay.

The Hotel is good but not perfect. The architecture is old style and rooms too but this give a nice classic - luxury atmosphere. The location is perfect. Near Orchard road, full of stores and shopping centre and especially the MRT ( subway ). It is a good five stars hotel in Singapore with a good value for money.

The stay is not up to our expectation as it was

We had indicated double bed room via online booking but was told no double bed room available during check in and we've been waiting for 1 hour to get our room and the air in the room is full of dust. All though we were given 1 hour extended for check out but it still spoiled our plan of the day. The sound insulation works bad as we were given a family connecting room and we could't sleep for the whole night just because of the noise coming from the other room.

I would surely pick this hotel when next I revisit Singapore.

There was nothing I didn’t like.

I liked everything about this hotel. The attentiveness of the staff in all respects. They went "The Extra Mile" to see that I was comfortable and had all the I needed. The facilities and the standard of cleanliness throughout the hotel was perfect. As a regular traveller to Singapore I rate this hotel as the best I have experienced in recent years and would not hesitate in recommending The Royal Plaza on Scotts to my family and friends.

Location, concierge staffs

The newly renovated room has a few issues like plug not functioning, plus the housekeeping service was dissatisfying with empty coffee pods and drinking water. Sleep were affected by the maintenance work on our level.

Location, concierge staffs

- Hotel is currently being refurbished which creates noise (drilling and hammering during daytime). We were given another room which was less noisy on an upper floor - Pool area will be refurbished soon - Rooms are rather small but functional

- Great location for shopping and restaurants - Very good beds - Gym is small but good

Royal Plaza on Scotts - Truly Award Winning Staff :)

I love all about Royal Plaza on Scotts..

I love all about Royal Plaza on Scotts! Truly award winning staff - extremely smiley, friendly, helpful, instantly made me feel so welcomed. My son lost a room card and was scared but the friendly reception staff assured him no worries and instantly re-issued 2 new room cards at no additional costs. The room is clean. The coffee maker is fun. The free mini bar is delightful. The international buffet breakfast has many choices and delicious too :)

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great hotel in the heart of Orchard

First of all, the location! It's perfectly situated, close to everything (malls, MTR, grocery, cafes, etc). The hotel is nicely decorated and the rooms are very comfortable. We were upgraded to the premier floor which made my daughter very happy since all the bathrooms on that floor have a bathtub! All the drinks inside the minibar are complimentary and replenished daily. Most especially, the Nespresso in the room is free as well! My husband and I could enjoy our daily cup of coffee every morning without leaving our room. We'll definitely stay here again when we return to Singapore.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Relex and Enjoyable.

Pool was so small should have considered children who don't know how to swim and no valet parking like last time I was there.

Room with free drinks in mini bar,Spacious room and comfy bed,breakfast was excellent and distance to orchard was quite near@walking distance

Staff were superb but the room given were just not what we...

The room was with no view. Situated at 3rd floor with no view but the glass dome

Staff were superb but the room given were just not what we expected. Too tired to ask for a change of room

Good place to stay in Singapore

I love the size of the room. I feel the hotel upgraded my booking, it’s spacious and appropriately designed furniture. Enough source of power to plug in our phones and other gadgets. The Nescafe coffee maker and complimentary mini bar with soft drinks also came as a surprise. We love the sufficient pressure of water in the shower. This hotel also strategically located near shopping and eateries. Will consider to stay here again if in the area.

it was convenient.
    • Deluxe Plus Twin Room

They don't change the bed sheets and covers daily, I had a stain on my bed for two days. Because we were three I had to order extra towels every dyad they would ask my why do you need them?! the corridors smelled oddly, they need to install something to change the smell.

I liked that the beds were comfy, and the location of the hotel was great, and that they had a Nespresso machine in the room. the staff were friendly and helpful, and I really was happy that the toilets had a hose.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

At first it was disappointing. But the hotel staff really went out of their way to make it better.

The room's cleanliness is doubtful as I found old stained underwear in one of the drawers. The kettles in the two rooms we stayed in didn't work.

I like their Customer Services Manager and Housekeeping Manager's efficiency in responding to my complaints.

Browse Royal Plaza on Scotts traveller photo gallery