Reviews of Fragrance Hotel - Sapphire 2 stars

No. 3, Lorong 10 Geylang, 399037 Singapore, Singapore

#312 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Nice affordable little hotel just off Geylang

A couple of days before I was due, I was sent an email from booking.com saying there was a problem with the credit card I had input for payment. So I checked and re-input the details, and expected it was now all sorted. It was not till 2 days later that I was sent another email which said there was still a problem and I need to re-input new details in the next 2 hours to maintain my booking. This email was received when I was literally in the air approaching Singapore airport. Not much use to me in other words. The first I knew of it was when I arrived at the hotel and was told my booking had been cancelled. I guess this had just been done, since the room was still available. So I paid successfully for the booking with the exact same credit card I had input into my online booking.

Nice affordable little hotel just off Geylang, with friendly helpful staff. Decent clean room, comfortable bed, and good room wifi.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Location was quite good.
    • Family Room

Bathroom was not cleaned properly

Location was quite good. I was able to find them without so much difficulty. Room was spacious, better than I had initially expected

Comfortable rooms for a reasonable price tag

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this place. You get what you pay for. Awesome

Rooms are clean and tidy. Staff is friendly and helpful. They help us giving directions and information as soon as we ask. Location is quite far from the city centre, but with the Metro you can easily reach out to any destination within an hour. We stayed 5 nights and everyday they clean and put new water bottles and clean towels when we arrive. Super facilities for a cheaper price. The bed is comfortable and since we booked only to sleep at night (we spend all day in different attractions in Singapore) it was more than you could ask for.

Not value for money.

Though my room was upgraded to family room with 3 beds but still very very small. Water pot is full of dust. Only provide Toothbrush, and 1 towel each. Nothing else. No slipper and the floor is dirty. Noice from next room can be hear clairly. When ask for wake up calls, receiption forgot to make.

Location is right at the middle of Galang, the street full of restaurant but also night clubs. A bit far away from MRT, around 15mins walk.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Staff was very helpful & professional.
    • Family Room

Sound proof is not good. All sounds go into room. I hardly could sleep during the night because of noisy guests next door. It's not property's false but they could do better sound proof. The front desk staff did come up to ask other rooms to keep quiet, but it didnt stop them noisy guests. Not friendly place for family with children.

Staff was very helpful & professional. Smooth & easy check in & out

Disappointed!!!!!

Booking.com must guide their members about the location in which we are making the booking

Try to add something about location coz Geylang in Singapore are known for red light area. i went with my family and get pissed off as this place is very well familiar for sex on sale. Very disappointed!

Rooms should be cleaned better like taking extra effort to...

Rooms should be cleaned better like taking extra effort to make sure the floors are swept. Torn towels should be replaced not be used anymore. In our 5 nights stay, we always had a torn towel every change.

over- all experience for me and my family ( with 2 kids under 10 yrs old )
    • Family Room

no complimentary tootbrush and tootpaste, no small fridge and even small table, and on the option that ask, “would you like the hotel staff get you a taxi upon check-out?, i ticked yes, but nothing happened and even didn’t bother to ask before we left the counter...

the bed and bathroom, nice beddings and blankets and pillows, bathroom is so nice and clean and spacious, water and heater are all good.

Over all good value for Money

Very nice value for money. Clean and tidy. Location is great in terms of availability of transport grocery etc. However a little far away from central Singapore.

This is good hotel for this price, near center, MRT.

TV in my room not good, cannot remote and change channel, just open and see..

This is good hotel for this price, near center, MRT. The room clean and comfortable as my expected.

The hotel was pretty clean , very near a bus stop ( 2 stops...

The staff was very rude to us , he even scolded us for aclling room service stating that it was "too late" and didn't provide blankets for us after requesting.

The hotel was pretty clean , very near a bus stop ( 2 stops from the mrt) the bus-stop has many buses that goes to town . The room was at excellent value ( 60 a night) .

Modest hotel in Geylang, fine for 2 nights

- Old facilities: air con is extremely noisy, lights are buzzing, bed not really comfortable; - Got woken up around 4:30 AM by very noisy guests yelling in the hallways!

- Hotel is fine for very short stays - Friendly staff - Hotel within a hub of "value" (this is Singapore) hotels in Geylang; close to bus stations that will take you downtown

It was Good! This was my 2nd stay in this hotel. I’ll use this hotel again if i ever come back.

In our room, 507, The shower head is leaking. That’s all.

I like the staff, they are all helpful and cooperative. I like the location, it’s very near to mrt station and there’s a lot of food place around the area.

Fine visit!

Nothing I can think of, I seemed tho’ to have problems accessing the wi-fi for both I-pad and phone, next morning ok.

I am a “regular”Fragrance-lodger, the various venues just suit me fine.

The warm approach of the receptionist on my arrival.

The bed is not stable and noisy upon movement.WiFi superb poor and sometimes not line at all.bathroom floor not very clean, noticed body hair all over the floor.Room floor slight slippery and oily.TV sound up and down.

The warm approach of the receptionist on my arrival.thank you.

It's enough for a night.

Would prefer if there is a glass panel between the shower place and the sink/ toilet bowl so that you do not wet the whole toilet when you shower

It's sufficient for a night or 2

Value hotel in Geylang

Located in Singapore's red light district l had no harassment in the area and enjoyed various local restaurants. Great value hotel for a short stay.

Small room but nice firm bed with great pillows for a change.

Value for money
    • Family Room

The shower head is leaking in our toilet.

Although it's not near to the mrt station but it is surrounded by many local eateries. Good if u are adventurous with food.

Need to improve on the service and facilities.

The hotel area is quite scary it likely in the night where is not wise to bring along family's . Area seem to be like a red light district. The room tv is not working properly even with the remote control. Can't manually On even press the tv button. Room light are very bright at ceiling on all fitting, suggested if only one of the light fitting can be dimmer switch.

The hotel bed is so comfort and the bathroom is well maintained. Location for hotel direction is very easy . I had a wonderful night rest after a long day work. It very peaceful and less noise even near to the main road.

we are 3 pax and the only have one socket, No cable extentions provided, We cant charge our gadgets.

the room is kinda old but clean, and they have complimentary everyday plus always a new fresh towels ! :)

Little Gem

For the very good value price I don't think you can improve on it - so, nothing to mention under this heading.

The reception staff were very welcoming and helpful. The a/c and Wi-Fi worked without any problems. It's an easy 10-minute walk to Kallang MRT station, where you can get trains to and from Changi Airport (change at Tanah Merah Interchange) - about 25 minutes max.

The guys at the rezeption were pretty nice and one...

The guys at the rezeption were pretty nice and one espacially one guy was smiling all the time. The rooms are not the newest ones but absolutley clean and you have 1 bottled water, coffee and tea in your room. All in all it is a great Hotel with a bery good service and comfortable beds. I would come back again.

A nightmare stay

The rooms were too small. There was a cockroach in the room. The bath room was too congested. No space to take shower.

the only good thing was that the public transport was close and shops were near by

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Money grabbing pirates

Accidentally booked extra night, tried to cancel over a week prior to booking, was told would have to pay full price for cancellation. Tried to extend one extra night, hotel tried to charge double the cost of original price. No attempt to help us, no individual care for the customer, once they've got your money they simply couldn't care less if you're happy or not. Told them I was going to leave a bad review, didn't bother them in the slightest.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Perfect location and awesome place to do your foodtrip

The People in front of the hotel, waiting in the roadside. They gave me creepy feeling and unsafe.

One staff standout to me the most, i forgot his name though. He is very accommodating and friendly. His name starts at F, thank you so much for your help.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Receptionist bad.
    • Family Room

Service very bad, receiptions are very stipjd, we go to to work so we need stamp at invoice and "travel record" for our company but they dont check detail and alway told that: "Can not, Can not"... I dont like receiptiones stipjd. So next time I dont come their hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Value for money but amenities and service can be improved
    • Family Room

2 out of 3 nights we stayed, we were given towels with holes on them (holes with an s - there were at least 3 holes in one of the towel). But the towels were clean. TV was very grainy, with only 5 channels. We asked for additional tissue and the front desk promised to send one up but never did. The day front office personnel was grouchy. Taxi driver told us that the location is not good with a lot of illicit activities, but we didn't witness any. Maybe because we were out most of the day.

Value for money. Low price and the night clerk was very nice.

Comfy beds!

The bed was super comfy and the staff were nice. The location was OK, but to get to the nearest metro, you need to take a bus for two stops. It isn't a big problem, I was just expecting to be nearer to the MRT. The rooms are pretty basic, but clean. The staff are helpful and relaxed.

Clean room, white towel.

Not fragrant when you enter reception.

Clean room, white towel..safe and quite place to stay for a short time. Food and restaurant every where and near to tourist attractions.easy check in..

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Basic hotel with reasonable price for Singapore

Location is not very good if you don't know Singapore beforehand, but for me it was just good.

Pretty OK price-quality ratio for Singapore. Just clean basic hotel, there was everything what I expected, and nothing more.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

An... interesting... stay in a good general location
    • Family Room

The area, although a good general location, was pretty dodgy. There was some questionable selling going next to the hotel with some guys selling things off a bike to cars that would stop. However, no one approached us so as long as you just pass by, you'll be fine. There were lots of ants in the bathroom. One day the room had been cleaned but they didn't replace the toilet paper. After we asked for it, it took about half an hour and another visit to front desk to get a new roll. I would not suggest walking from the metro station to the hotel with your luggage. Most restaurants and shops use the pavement for things so we had to keep switching from pavement to the road and back.

The room was a comfortable size and the beds were comfortable to sleep on. The location was close to many bus stops and a walk 10-15 mins to two metro stations which were only a couple of stops away from main areas of the city. There were many places to eat nearby and it is very close to a 7-11 and a couple of other small grocery shops. The price was better than many other hotels I had found in my research. It was easy to get a taxi on the main road and it cost around $15 dollars to get to the airport at the time of day we went.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Nice stay

Bathroom was huge and have the basics you need including toiletries. Complimentary water bottles are available, some hotels dont give them anymore. Place is near a bus stop, lots of restaurants and convenience stores nearby. A/C works great. Value for money

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Good value for your money
    • Family Room

Location ... there is a bus stop near hotel going to the city proper but long walk from bus stop going to hotel. Red district though practically a safe place

Good service, clean and cozy room. Great value for your money.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The staff was super helpful and nice.

There was a funny smell in the room, I guess it came from the drain in the bathroom. The staff offered me to change the room, but it got a bit better.

The staff was super helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

3 Day Singapore Trip

- only a few choices for the TV channels (only 12 i think)

- Location: a lot of delicious cheap 24 hour restaurants and shops around the area. (we arrived at the hotel at around 2 am but still had a great meal from one of the restaurants nearby) - Location: very near to a bus station and lots of buses but nearest train station is quite far. - room is clean and the bed is comfortable - shower has a heater. - staff is good

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

-I like the adjust shower pump.

- No fridge in the room. - Room are not clean as pictures shown in their booking profile like floor and pillow . - I found too much small ants on the floor . -Stuff there not all friendly.

-I like the adjust shower pump. - Near bus station.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Good but post follow up with the hotel staff was a bad expereince

I left behind some new, valuable sports shoe insoles that I had just purchased and were still in its packaging box. Your staff immediately thru them out without even considering that the customer may return to collect (or that is at least what I was told). Your hotel needs to adjust its polilcy such that if an item appears to be of value, the staff should exercise some common sense and hold onto it for a few days to see if the customer contacts the hotel to get the item back. Just throwing things out immediately is a silly polilcy, especially for personal items left behind.

Room ws decent and hotel is pretty much as advertised. THe price was good for Singapore value.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Strong smell constantly

Strong smell continuously like wastewater. Small windows. Also, we thought our room was a smoking area. We will not go back.

Hotel is well situated for this money, in the "nightlife zone" Geylang. Staff was not lovely, seemed very bored, however they were helpful.

Cheap and cheerful

Good value with pleasant staff

Helpful staff .
    • Family Room

Corridor and the lift can be further improved.

Helpful staff . Room is clean.

It was clean.

Latrine shower was not there. Insufficient room space and no provision for ventilation.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

No comment

No sandal in the room

Great location, great staff

The elevator is old.

Great location. Walking distance to main road with lots of shops for food.

Worth

Good

Very good perfect please do booking without hassle

Nil

Excellent I like everything

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good price-value, lot of restaurants nearby
    • Family Room

No separate shower in bathroom

Good price-value, lot of restaurants nearby

Reasonable hotel for the reasonable price

Room was a bit small.

Reasonable hotel for the reasonable price. Staff were friendly. Location was good.

Cheap, clean

No service whatsoever

Cheap, clean

Value for money basic room in a great location

Good location, quiet room, good low budget place

Will book everyweek to the same hotel.

Great deal.

Location around many eateries and staff friendly

The rooms don’t have a refrigerator

Location around many eateries and staff friendly

Plenty of restaurants nearby the hotel.
    • Family Room

Plenty of restaurants nearby the hotel. 10 mins walk to the nearest MRT station.

Nice Hotel ..Keep it up

Close to City Centre or main SIN attractions
    • Family Room

Small room without fridge & limited TV program, no good restaurants

Close to City Centre or main SIN attractions

Near to city Centre

Small room, no good restaurant closer to hotel

Near to city Centre

WiFi signal is very very poor.

WiFi signal is very very poor. There was not washing machine facilities as stated in Booking.com. There was no refrigerator

Clean

Good

Clean

Room and hotel was clean. Close to many restaurants. Bus service was very close.

Staff were friendly.

The location is just walking distance to the bus station.

The location is just walking distance to the bus station.

great value

good value for money

The staff were very friendly

The location, not recommended for family.

The staff were very friendly

Awesome Staycation with my loves one

Didnt get a smoking room. As smoking needs to go down to lobby

Staffs were really helpful and friendly!
    • Family Room

Staffs were really helpful and friendly!

Kudos to your staff who did very well and shout out to the two receptionists who assisted us.

I liked everything in the hotel

More spacious room for the price paid for

More spacious room for the price paid for

very good

dirty toilet

dirty toilet

Hotel Fragrance Sapphire.

Car park space is limited.

Toilet is very neat n clean

Clean room, sufficient TV channels, 24hr provision shop...

Slightly noisy

Clean room, sufficient TV channels, 24hr provision shop & coffee shop nearby

Wifi no work.
    • Family Room

Wifi no work... I’m upset.

Satisfied, no luxury, good price-value

Elevator

Clean nice, staff, reach ti airport

-there are lots of things for improvements. Pamper your customers by being more proactive.

no slippers, no shaving kit. This should be automatically given to hotel guests. Hygiene kits are a MUST!

The place was clean ,spacious and the place was easy to...

The toilet bowl has no bidey,despite i requeated it on my booking date.

The place was clean ,spacious and the place was easy to locate.

clean & comfortable

no comment

clean & comfortable

Place is very clean and we'll maintain
    • Family Room

Staffeta are helpful and polite especially the gentleman working on 27/11/17 upon our arrival between 1400 to 1600.