2. Singapore hotel reviews
  3. Singapore hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Shangri-La Hotel Singapore

Reviews of Shangri-La Hotel Singapore This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

22 Orange Grove Road, Orchard, 258350 Singapore, Singapore

#22 of 543 hotels in Singapore

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Will I see That View again ❓
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

No 7Eleven type mini shop in the Main Tower anywhere. If prestigious name like Shangri La prevents it, I say that's pitty. I wanna munch a Milky Way in the middle of a night, you know.

Drainage of bath tub water was impressively quick&fast ! Keep it up.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Overall an enjoyable stay. Pity the bathroom had a vomit smell.
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool Twin

The bath room had a vomit smell. It was quite bad. We did not expect that from Shangri la. Our previous stay with Shangri la rasa was pleasant and it just wonderful memories. However this time, it was slightly disappointing.

The staff were really helpful and friendly! Extremely attentive and kind to our children. There was also baking class for our children. The chef / facilitator for the baking class was very kind and caring towards all the children. The kids love her!

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

First impression was great: clean, luxurious and a separate...
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Some of the staff members were polite but not very friendly. We had booked a king room but there were just 2 beds pushed together. Upon inquiry, they first claimed that this is a “Hollywood” king bed. And then offered to give us a mattress topper. I don’t think this is acceptable in such a hotel. We had lunch in the Line: staff members were coming to chat all the time and check on the kids but otherwise the service was very slow. It took very long time to get our food and the smoothies arrived after the main courses (and my husband’s one was not even cold). Ordered also room service in the evening: took quite long time again and the kids pasta portion was ridiculously small. It was not even enough for our 1 year old, so we had to order a second portion.

First impression was great: clean, luxurious and a separate family check-in area with cookies and toys. Staff were friendly to our kids. Our daughter loved the indoor play area.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Fabulous all round and probably one of the very best in Singapore.
    • Garden Wing One Bedroom Suite King

My Daughter requested for choc milk from room service and it never arrived. The snacks served in the club lounge can be better. Presentation was great but the taste a tad disappointing.

Exceptionally clean suite and excellent amenities. Loved the firm bed and excellent customer service during our stay from front desk to the poolside staff to the concierge, to the club lounge staff.; Very accommodating and professional.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Walking distance to orchard road, beautiful spacious room,...
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite Twin

A bit far from the mrt station.

Walking distance to orchard road, beautiful spacious room, great facilities, brilliant shower with high water pressure.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Fabulous!
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Perhaps the only fault is that the porter took a bit long to get the luggage to our room; However we were tired and a bit inpatient.

We had a great experience. The room was ready to check in at 8.30 am at no extra charge. The Hotel staff had a little cake ready in my room as it was my birthday! And the staff in general was very friendly and professional. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

A wonderful experience and appreciated the cake for our anniversary. Definitely stay again.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Room

see above.

Staff extremely helpful, room good but desk not necessary for our trip. Good location, easy walking to main street in town. Good facilities and only criticism, plates cleared when breakfast unfinished, both of us were fetching food. Need some obvious way to indicate still eating such as a token on the table or similar!

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Excellent rooms and reasonably priced
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

The bathroom wasn't to the same standard as the room which was a shame. It was fine but the bath was pretty small and the hot water in the shower took a while to come through. Check in was really slow especially given we checked in at 9pm. They saw a guest behind us that must have been a VIP and checked him in first- not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel- do it if you have to but be subtle.

The room was spacious, well maintained and well designed. Excellent amenities and a very comfy bed. Very good value vs other places in Singapore.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Nice sized room and great view of the city.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Lighting in room required a rocket scientist to figure out use, and once you did it didn’t work the same way the next time. Bed was too hard for us. Bathroom fittings wearing out and need upgrade. Food prices too high for what you get.

Nice sized room and great view of the city.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Hospitality of staff was great and very friendly.
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool King

Hospitality of staff was great and very friendly. the pool view rooms were great, with a small balcony. The pool itself was one of the best we have seen in Singapore hotels

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

The place was awesome, very quite and nature friendly.
    • Garden Wing Deluxe City King

There is nothing much to complain or say negative about the place.

The place was awesome, very quite and nature friendly. Perfect place to relax while on vacation.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

I love the service of most Shangrila Hotels.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

I love the service of most Shangrila Hotels. Amazing staff, amazing breakfast and very comfortable room. Most importantly great location. Close to city center.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

It was below my expectations
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

The toilet was smelling so much. Every day they come and fix something but the next day after midnight it start smelling again. We were on club it was not worth it. They could have change us to another room.

The over all hotel looks beautiful.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

The grandness of the hotel still exists however to have to...
    • Horizon Club Deluxe King Room

Aircon in the room was super noisy and the housekeeping trolly was parked outside my room for most of the day so every time they were shuffling things around I could hear it. One staff at the club lounge hardly had a smile on their face and looked rather “smirky” each time someone spoke to them.

The grandness of the hotel still exists however to have to pay the price for the location doesn’t fully justify. It is walking distance to the orchard shops but it’s not walkable in the heat of singapore

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Shangri-La excels
    • Horizon Club Deluxe King Room

We had a wonderful stay couldn’t fault anything. We had club access which provided breakfast, afternoon tea and nightly drinks and canapés which were excellent and plentiful and so we didn’t need to eat out. Great value. The pool area was a welcome respite from the heat after being out and about.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

the check-in took a long time.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

the check-in took a long time. The playgrounds for the kids were outrageously expensive, whereas from the description on-line it looked like they were included in the price of the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

First time travelling with a 3 and 1 and half old and my...

Nothing to fault

First time travelling with a 3 and 1 and half old and my experience at the Shangri-La was unforgettable! It’s a fantastic hotel if you have young kids as it caters for your every need, not just the kids but adults as well! Staff were very accommodating and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Too much to mention but here are some of the highlights: Free pram hire Night light when sleeping with kids was perfect and even one in the bathroom which was great as you didn’t need to turn on the lights and disturb the kids. Free Kids activities Amazing kids play centre Pool and wet play area for kids Lots of variety for buffet breakfast Horizon club is a MUST which also caters for kids! Awesome pillow menu

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

I think the hotel won my kids who are 4 and 2 - from the...
    • Garden Wing Deluxe City Twin

I think the hotel won my kids who are 4 and 2 - from the first 5 mins they set foot at the lobby. They were greeted by lovely receptionist with cookies on hand. And as the lobby is spacious, the cookies were great incentives to stop both kids from running around. The check in process was seamless, everyone was so helpful. Information about the kids club was given straight after we check in to the hotel. The kids club was amazing - it was new I think, extremely clean and so much fun, the hotel also run free baking class for older kids, singing session, etc (can’t remember the others. The swimming pool is big enough to entertain the kids day and night without them being bored. Room service was great. We always order food around 20 mins before we finished swimming, so the food always came exactly as we walked back to our room. The food was okay. The kids love the kids menu (fancy nuggets n burgers n pasta). For us adults, we either eat out or order in via food panda. Singapore is one of the best countries to experience exotic dishes and street foods. Aside from that, the room was clean, we were given a room at the end of the corridor with the biggest balcony. Thank God it was the room at the end of the corridors considering how noisy my kids were when their cousin came for a visit. Im actually surprised (and thankful) that there was no complaint from our neighbours about the noise level from 5 hyperactive kids under 7 years old on sugar. Oh and Orchard Rd (the main shopping district) is 10-15 mins walking. Make sure you asked the receptionist to show you shortcut to the Orchard area. Also if you’re a lazy bummer like me , cuz hey’ we’re on holiday, Shangrila provide you with a free shuttle to go to Orchard. And taxi is so cheap. Only cost us $17 to go to the zoo. And $7 to Orchard. Thank you Shangrila for looking after my kiddies really well. Highly recommended hotel for family of young children.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Very comfy beds, quiet rooms with little noise from outside.
    • Garden Wing Deluxe City King

Rooms looked slightly tired, definitely clean but interior a bit dated and amenities not what you'd expect in a 5 star hotel - no USB ports, wooden furniture looked worn, etc.

Very comfy beds, quiet rooms with little noise from outside. Staff are super helpful and pool and tennis facilities are wonderful.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

The Shangri-La has not lost any of its touch over the years remaining a top class, superior hotel.
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

We stayed in a Horizon junior suite and the size of room, attention to detail and so on, was very superior to what one would expect. They seemed to gave thought of everything, e.g. even a torch in drawer beside bed. Working desk extremely well fitted with all you would need. Horizon club lounge worth every penny. Highly impressed. Staff also exceptionally friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Beautiful, comfortable hotel. Glad I stayed there. Staff were great!
    • Garden Wing Deluxe City King

I could have been given more information about the room including that I needed to use my room card for the elevator. Would have been nice to have the menus for the restaurants in the hotel available in the room. Also, I wish they had an ATM in the hotel. All little things - overall it is a great hotel.

Room was beautiful and comfortable. Light blocking curtains helped with jet lag. Concierge was very helpful answering questions. Coffee and tea in room were excellent. It was a short walk to bus stop to go sight seeing. Overall, staff were kind and helpful. When something didn't work, it was replaced immediately.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

It was a sudden decision to spend a day in the hotel with my...
    • Garden Wing Deluxe City King

The acoustic of the door is not good, when people passing by the corridor, we can hear very clearly of what they have discussed. In the afternoon, guess the house keeping was cleaning the room upstairs, there were very loud and continues noises coming through the ceiling, we were taking nap and found very difficult to ignore the noise.

It was a sudden decision to spend a day in the hotel with my 4yrs old son, and we were 2 hours ahead of check in, Elise with a warm smile on her face (Front desk staff) is really helpful and had us check in early. My son had so much fun in Buds (the Kids Club) as well as the swimming pool. A little bit of rain doesn't spoil his mood at all, as there is a Jacuzzi Pool with warm water for him to 'swim' around. In the room, Bed was very comfy, bathroom was very clean. If you choose to stay in the Garden Wing like us, you may expect some little friends (squirrels) jump across the balcony. Very lovely scene of a relax afternoon. Very good for families with children. Will definitely come back again.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Great family bonding time. Will be back!
    • Deluxe Family King

Air con in room was a little warm Wish there could be more variety in kid’s menu.

The facilities for kids and very family oriented! Staffs were all friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Excellent, great hotel, great location, great value for money.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Didn't get to use my redemption voucher as I was not aware I had selected f&b and was hoping to use Chi Spa

All staff were amazing, from the time I arrived in my taxi to the room service and checkout. I cannot remember the name of the man that delivered my room service, but he was great, and so was Jessie.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Shangri-la Hotel stays to true to its legendary name.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

Shangri-la Hotel stays to true to its legendary name. Everyone worked as a team to give us the most comfortable stay as it can be. Staff, facilities, food are all superb. They all added value to our stay. I would like to say thank you and commend their staff Quishana (if i spelled it right) whom after explaining to me my query she even troubleshoot it in a way to make the guest more comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Could happily have stayed a lot longer
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Room

It was a little but out of the way but quiet asa result.

Everything- Room & bathroom were well thought out & extremely comfortable. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Nice, spacious rooms.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

The reception, although nice, booked my family and I in 2 different floors. The staff assisting guests get a ride were not that pleasant. Location is far from shopping area and shuttle is limited

Nice, spacious rooms. The nespresso was great

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Excellent hotel and staff
    • Garden Wing Deluxe City King

The minibar / food charges are too high and even the Spa charges are too expensive.

Hotel facility is superb. Big room in Garden Wing. And the staffs are very accommodating and efficient. This is Shangri-La that never fails. Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa resort is also the best!

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

4.4
    I don’t want to say
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

I was confused when I choise this hotel because I thought it was cheaper. I thought The rate that you “booking.com” showed me was the total of the three nights that I would be there in Shangri-La Hotel. They informed me of the amount to pay and it was so expensive surprise. They told me that I could not cancel anymore. Accept my mistake and I paid the amount of 1538 Singapore dollars. on October 25 when I arrived from the total of three nights for 2 people. The first day we was taken the breakfast and the second they talk me didn’t have right to breakfast. I complained to the hotel staff who specified me that booking.com informed me on the reservation. I claim the lack of information since the check in on October 25th that we arrived. The executive told me that the hotel would not charge the two breakfasts. On the night of the 27th I made my check-out because I left the hotel very early for my flight on the 28th. We had a charge of 42 Singapore dollars because I used the bar and paid for them. I demanded my invoice for no other claim and left at 7 am on October 28. Today I see in my bank account another charge of Shangri La-Hotel of the day 27th at night of 916.33 SGD. How can I recover this amount since you recommended it to me?

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Everything was top notch, very impressed and totally worth...
    • Garden Wing One Bedroom Suite King

Pedestrian access not great. Air conditioning up a little too high for my liking!

Everything was top notch, very impressed and totally worth the money.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Book Shangri-La and enjoy your stay!
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Turndown services was okay.

Everything, I enjoyed my stay at Shangri-La. Cheerful staff, great skyline view from the room and everything cool. One of the advantages is to be located in Orchard.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Friendly and Relaxing
    • Horizon Club Deluxe King Room

The staff is so friendly and stress-free! The Horizon Club Lounge is worth it if you have a tight schedule and would like breakfast at your fingertips. The hotel feels quiet and calm after a busy day.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Excellent "Old School" luxury

It would have been nice to know what was included when booking (see complementary champagne etc in positives). It was a pleasant walk (despite the multi-lane traffic that is everywhere in Singapore) to shops and public transport but it was not right on the doorstep, so we sometimes resorted to taxis or Grabs (Uber equivalent) - but their cost was not excessive - certainly to the general cost of living there which is reflected in all hotels.

The Valley wing was "old school" luxury with lovely, smiling staff - keen to offer the complementary champagne, canapes and afternoon tea that seem to come with ALL rooms in the wing, not just breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

It was ok. Location was the best thing.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Never enough towels in the room. Didn’t respond to a request for a better mattress on extra bed. Breakfast buffet was cold, and for something so pricey, I would expect fresh cutlery between courses so I don’t have to mix fruit and egg.

Staff were lovely and friendly. In room dining excellent. Location was great.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Comfortable and luxurious.
    • Garden Wing One Bedroom Suite King

The pool are was fantastic except the water is a few degrees to hot. It wasn't refreshing going for a swim because it felts as though you were in a bath. I don't like cold water at all but this pool was just a fraction too hot. It's so hot and humid in Singapore so having a pool you can take a refreshing dip in would be nice.

We loved this property so much and had a hard time leaving. It was luxury all the way and the staff were wonderful. The rooms are very generous and the comfort factor was wow. The facilitates are brilliant and the choice of restaurants was superb.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

your name is popular but little some hotel some facility's not in your hotel
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

Two night we stayed your hotel but with out FOOD and we gave the Landry clothes frist day only washing very expensive. I am going Singapore for business since 1998 until now every monthly but very good room facilitates in park royal hotel kichina road. And I am waiting for checking about half hour your front counter

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

My family and I had a excellent stay at Shangri-la Orchard and will certainly be back.
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

Nothing really , everything is good

Good range of choices for buffet breakfast for both Asian & western food . Staff that we encountered ( concierge, housekeeping , Horizon Club etc) were all really attentive, helpful & courteous, some going out of their way to assist us. To us, Shangri-la Orchards lives up to its 5 stars standard and we shall certainly come back to this wonderful hotel the next time we travel to Singapore.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Very good customer service.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Kid zone have to pay. And at least 3 hours. If it provide 15 mins free play that’s very sweet, as kid can’t play too long. Water pressure for shower not strong enough.

Hotel room is standard bed is comfort, clean n tidy. Baby bath tub is provided. Connecting is ready when we check in. Coffee machine is nice, house keeper refilled after clean up. Staff can speak 3 languages very well.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Truly a wonderful few days!!
    • Valley Wing Deluxe Twin Room

It was a beautiful hotel and the staff were really lovely and most accommodating. The harp playing in the lobbying was so lovely. I would love to go back there very soon!

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

We went up to relax, were not disappointed, came away feeling refreshed and so enjoyed the pampering
    • Valley Wing Deluxe Twin Room

The warm welcome extended by Staff, plus seamless check in to room. Attention to detail, including being addressed by name each time Staff met up with my Sister and myself. Hospitality perfect as on previous visits . Unexpected treats each afternoon left in room, plus fresh fruit, box of chocolates and orchid very special.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

We enjoy staying here and is a memorable and wonderful experience.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

not really don't like but just to feedback the shower screen water not so strong and the water heat not so consistent, need to be adjust during bathing.

Almost everything

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Great 5 star hotel, good location, good pool, good breakfast, you can't go wrong
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

Horizon club.. if you have kids, make sure you get in early, the guys there were unforgiving to point of embarrassment of asking us to leave by 6:30pm (we had no idea there was a kids policy). Concierge is a bit hit and miss, but in total a great stay for the family

Breakfast is good - the head chef made friends with us and would greet us daily, it was a great experience. The staff really make this place an experience worth remembering

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Vally wing shangri la all the way ...
    • Valley Wing Deluxe King Room

Location was great. We stayed in the vally wing which was truly amazing and the service was second to none. Staff were awesome. The ambiance was truly vintage elegance. Peaceful and classy.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

A gem
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

Horizon club junior suite was huge, with bed set up for our child. Service was impeccable. Great buds club for kids! The team went the extra mile to make our anniversary special. Loved the jacuzzi too!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Fantastic!
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool King

Felt that the outdoor kids play area should be complimentary for all guests to use, not just Buds paying guests. It's located a bit far off from the indoor play area and it doesn't quite make sense to have all those things for the children to do (indoors AND outdoors), within a timeframe of 3 hours. Would also be great if there were Halal food options available.

Amazing. The rooms, the facilities, the ambience, I loved everything about the hotel! The children's Buds indoor play area was exceptionally impressive. My kids had an absolute blast! We took the Garden Wing Deluxe room and was thrilled to find it located near the pool. The Buds outdoor play area was great too!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

A most memorable stay.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

There was nothing that i didn't like.

I stayed at Shangri-la to celebrate my wife's birthday, and we got a surprise birthday cake presented by the hotel. Hotel stay was very pleasant as the room was excellent, clean and cosy. Staff at the check-in and check-out were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

All in all a very pleasant hotel experience
    • Horizon Club Deluxe King Room

I was very impressed by the staff especially when I asked for cooked tomatoes at breakfast and they cooked some especially for me Generally the staff were very enthusiastic in their quest to please you and make your stay a happy one

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

If you are travelling with young children then this is a...
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

The bedroom was very small and despite asking for two beds we were given three in the room which made it even smaller. They did come and move it but it took a while. Very expensive food etc but that's Singapore so to be expected. Hotel a little shabby in the older part

If you are travelling with young children then this is a great place to stay. Fantastic kids club and nice pool. Very comfortable beds and the room was clean and modern (new part)

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

A short break .
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Room with Pool View

I’m request upper level & quite. Because we got a long flight from Rome to Singapore on that date.when we arrived & check in the front deck assistant give us a lowest one..under our room was restaurant & bit noisy when you open the balcony door. I’m bit disappointed with the price you pay for the room.

Lovely hotel & great location & comfortable bed

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

A great favourite that has just got better .
    • Horizon Club Deluxe King Room

Nothing [ apart from the Durian feature which spoiled the outdoor dining experience !]

It has been a great hotel for years , enjoying a great location - quiet but very close to Orchard Road . Service is always great and they have added a great bar - Origin . It is a very well run cocktail venue with great and talented staff and on some nights a really excellent band . The staff in the Horizon Club were particularly helpful with Jessica sorting out flights in a very efficient and friendly way.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

We had a room with club access.
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

We paid a lot to stay there and expected an experience on par with the cost. Shangri-la of course caters to kids but the environment wasn’t a refined place where people take their kids. Everywhere we visited it was like a grab all for people to “get theirs.” It felt like I was at an American Wal Mart when we went to the pool. I feel like their should be some etiquette enforcement. My family of 3 (me and a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old) started to place our things in a lounge chair. Another family (3 adults and 3 kids) runs over from the nearby towel stand and tells us that the 3 empty chairs we were standing next to were theirs. I asked if we couldn’t just have one chair to put our things on but they were insistent we couldn’t have a chair. There were no other empty chairs. We placed our things (towels and pool bag) on the ground near the pool and swam. While we swam the other family was also in the pool and never sat in the chairs. It was not the kind of experience I was expecting from an upscale hotel. Watching the kid club check in was also shocking. We considered letting our kids go just to see it. we got to the kid club and there was a huge line of parents desperate to have someone take their upset kids off their hands for a few hours. The angst in the air was palatable. It was chaotic and stressful, not the kind of environment I had hoped for. We decided to do something else. I know Singapore is expensive, but the value for the money spent to stay at Shanghai La just wasn’t there.

We had a room with club access. The room was very large.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Wonderful place, especially for families.
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

Very family friendly hotel but a few little things could be improved - i.e., check in was slow, welcome fruit was lovely but a shock to turn around and see our one year old with the fruit knife after we arrived from an international flight in the early hours of the morning. Also child's bed wasn't made up. Though mentioning these things at checkout we were given a transfer to the airport which was generous.

The room was lovely. Breakfast, kids club and pool all amazing.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Iconic Shangri-la.

Nothing not to dislike!

This is the real deal! Great staff, great room, great service! Horizon club is really a must not only for the food and drinks but for the great view as well. The pool is incredible and the garden surrounding the property is outstanding with flowers only to be found in glorious Singapore. Very friendly and attentive staff...they will make you feel at home as soon as you walk through the doors.

Wonderful stay
    • Tower Wing One-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast at the Line restaurant has a vast selection, the experience is far from relaxing though. It seems that the hotel tries to fit too many guests in a small space of the restaurant.

The staffs are courteous and and responsive. The bed is very comfortable, the firmness was exactly what we liked. The hotel has a nice pool area, giving the vibe of a resort, though it is located midst of Singapore. In the peak hour the hotel even arranged taxi transport to the Orchard road area! My children enjoyed the Buds.

Great family facilities.
    • Deluxe Family King

Our room had an interconnecting door and there was some minimal noise from the adjoining room.

Staying on the tower wing level 9 family floor was perfect for us. The room was very well set up and the kids LOVED playing in Buds play area. Lovely staff. So welcoming. We also had a brilliant high tea in the rose terrace - great place for a 2 night stopover. Great pool area and lovely gardens.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

great if you have no intention to travel outside with child.
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

It is still a bit of walk from orchard road as it is uphill. shuttle service is not as convenient for returning back hotel so makes travelling with baby a bit difficult since always have to bring carseat.

the facilities are great. my child super love the indoor and outdoor playground as well as the pool. the service is fantastic and the environment is so pretty. I really like the indoor waterfall and flowers everywhere.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

The best stay by far.

Nothing to dislike

We booked the club suite which entitles you use of club lounge which provides breakfast, afternoon tea and canapés and cocktails in the evening. Check in and check out was efficient both done by Melissa, who was very professional and so accomadating. The room who was beautiful and really spacious. Staff topped up amenities twice a day in the room. Breakfast is AMAZING. Facilities in the whole hotel are amazing for business to family trips. The Buds play area was our favourite, the best play facilities we have ever been to. Also includes the children’s outdoor play and the water play. Staff deliver to every need and are a true credit to the hotel. I could go on all day here.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

nice hotel, but food service awful
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

The room service and food at "The Line" was a total disaster. We were very surprised. They made us wait an hour for a thai soup (i was sick and needed something warm) and we ordered pasta for my 2 year old son. Not only was the wait unreasonably long, they did not inform us about the delay and the soup was SO spicy that it was impossible to eat (you could see red curry powder floating on the top)... my son's pasta was so awful, it was literally only made with tomato mark, there was nothing fresh out about it, no spices nothing, it was terrible. The Line restaurant for breakfast buffet is overwhelming and feels like a factory canteen. The decor is as confusing as the food on display, nothing looked delicious to us and people were pushy and all of it was just truly unpleasant and loud, so we opted out of the buffet and sat outside and ordered a la carte. they got everything wrong of our order. It was amazingly frustrating. We had a better experience at the Italian restaurant the first night, but the second night we ordered the same food again and it was not the same and super oily. The overall experience with the food quality and service of this hotel is far below 5 star quality, and I hope they take this review into serious consideration and as inspiration for improvement as we'd like to come back and stay again.

rooms and hotel are just great and super comfy, and quite spacious. lovely pool area, unfortunately it was raining the 2 days we stayed. The kids club is great, but hotel guests have to pay for it, it's SG$18 for 3 hours.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Well run older style hotel
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

Dinner in the lobby expensive with not enough. Cocktails not made well. Beautiful room but smell of mould in WC and shower. Smokey smell in room. No itemized account supplied to date.

Large and luxurious rooms. Impressive pool. Lovely staff.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Experience resort atmosphere in Singapore
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool King

The recent lobby renovation with the pastry shop at the entrance is not what i would expect from Shangri la. It gives a different cheaper look of the hotel. The lobby felt more like a train station with many people on n off. No porter when we reach the hotel. Room not ready at 3:30pm. Service needs to be tune. Looks like the hotel has taken a family oriented Marketing policy which as a couple did not match our requirements.

Amazing resort in the middle of Singapore city. Easy walk 5mn from Orchard road. Confortable garden wing bedrooms overlooking the pool. Professionnal staff. Very pleasant jazz singer in the evening to listen to with a great cocktail. Delicious meal at Shang Palace.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

fab luxurious stay which was truly relaxing
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

I had the impression that use of the Buds facilities were already included in the room rate, but they were not, so we had to top up an extra $46 for both kids (and that's only cos 1 kid was under 4) for 24-hour use...and the Buds indoor facilities were terribly crowded with non-hotel guests!

The food was excellent, the junior suite was fab and the privileges at the Horizon club super worth it, the Buds facilities were really fun for the kids!

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

The Spa was amazing.
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool King

The amount of children running around; although its not the hotels fault. There is a famous kids club in the hotel as well.

The Spa was amazing. The gym is really good fully equipped. Restaurants and Cafe were really good as well.

• Reviewed: July 22, 2018

Excellent , quiet and comfortable . Next best to staying at home.
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool King

While the breakfast buffet is very large, the food itself needs to gain an extra edge...given that expectations from the hotel were very high.

Rooms are very well appointed and the hotel has a lot of greenery within the property . The staff is extremely courteous and helpful . Location is very close to Orchard Road and yet it does not have any traffic noise.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Great for family
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

The kids club is nice but too crowded. Also, the pool was out of towel which is unacceptable for an5 stars hotel.

The suit are spacious. We love the horizon club, and pool.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Amazing thankyou
    • Deluxe Family King

Lack of family movies on the inhouse TV, no children's DVD's available. Room Service very slow

Kids club was amazing, included in family rooms. Kids didn't want to leave. Great pool, gardens, central location. Fantastic room. Laundry services available for those in family rooms. All you could want with kids, prams, extra toys, nappies, highchairs, rockers etc. Wonderful stay.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Had a wonderful stay in this excellent hotel!
    • Tower Wing Deluxe Twin Room

The location is not within walking distance to the city centre though, but they provide shuttle service just the same.

As usual, Shangrila Hotel provided the excellent service and accommodations it has been known for. Shangrila Singapore is one of the best in the international chain. Staff are very helpful and accommodating

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

view is nice
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

sofa bed is very uncomfortable, my back pained after I wake up. furniture is to old design. location also very far from cbd, they have travel bus. However, It just run until 8pm. It so hard to manage time to enjoy night time live in Singapore. I alway caught taxi if we go at night time.

view is nice

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Nice facility, kids enjoyed the swimming pool,outdoor...
    • Deluxe Family King

Nice facility, kids enjoyed the swimming pool,outdoor playground and indoor playground . The kids bath robes and beach towels made my kids felt they were treated just like unique guest

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Wonderful. Will stay again
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

It was a 15 min walk out to orchard road in the Singapore heat. Well if wasnt 15 mins it sure felt like it. They have a shuttle service though. But thats every hour. In the evenings it was nice stroll.

The bed would be one of the best I have slept in. Staff super professional and helpful. Can’t ask for more

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

Disappointing and time-wasting-w
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

The staff at the Bakery was discriminating against Chinese and preferred to serve the Caucasians first despite that we arrived and paid first and only requested for help to slice the bread but yet she preferred to make coffee for the 3 Caucasians who came after us and when she could have sliced the bread while waiting for the coffee to be brewed by the machine. We waited about 20min before she reluctantly help us to slice the bread. If we had not paid beforehand, we would have left without buying. At the Buds, some indicated events did not take place as per schedule and in fact the staff said the schedule was different as per published on its board. However even the revised schedule did not take place. E.g. 1) there was supposed to be a Jiggle session at Sing but no staff was in there to conduct the session and the kids were just left there hitting the drums themselves. 2) We were told of a Treasure hunt at the outdoor playground so we rushed over but was told there was no treasure hunt. Not to mention that there seemed to be working issues amongst the departments and staff was defensive and trying to push blame away. We were being charged twice and when we called up and spoke, we related our problem but was told she will check for us but ended up being transferred to another department. We offered to give the transaction number to check the entry but initially the manager refused and said could only do so by going through our credit card statement. Subsequently she must have realised that she could see the transaction numbers and we gave her both transaction numbers and date/time of charging details as per given by bank. Upon checking, she returned to claim that we have given wrong name and had booked twice when we only received 1 confirmation email from hotel for 1 room. Then she said it must be because we put our first name followed by last name and her frontdesk had thought our first name was our surname and thus the booking was taken as no-show.

The food at Line was good. It was lucky we stayed on weekdays and the kids could try the cookie decorating

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

Make Our Day 🎂
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

swimming pool water cloudy in the afternoon as lots of children. so l only swam in the mornings. water cleaner then 😳

they were very generous in giving us birthday's cakes, as two persons, myself n my godson celebrated our birthdays at the Italian restaurant, 7th July.

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff always making...
    • Horizon Club Junior Suite King

The breakfast was disappointed, too crowded, long queue line and the food choice kinda bad. But delicious

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff always making sure that you have a perfect stay. The executive lounge was perfect.. the pre dinner canapes choice is great and delicious

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

stay in the Valley wing and have VIP service, other wings services IP then only P,
    • Horizon Club Deluxe King Room

Not good attitude from some of the staff. The food is bellow the standard of 5 star hotels , and not good value for money. Apart from the valley wing the hotel needs refurbishment.

I have been at the shangeri-la in sentosa and in singapore for 2 weeks 11th june till 25 june. at sentosa sea view rooms essential otherwise nothing special, lot of kids and their noises wherever you go. at the shangri singapore the Valley wing excelent..

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Well-located in a quiet high-end residential area 5-min walk...
    • Tower Wing Deluxe King Room

Well-located in a quiet high-end residential area 5-min walk to main fanfare of Orchard Road. Very child-friendly with a whole level dedicated to children playroom (complete with offering of baking activities), on-site water park, playground and free form pool. Tower rooms recently renovated and are quiet new, although wish the room is slightly larger.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

We liked the pool facilities and the acc ss to city etc
    • Garden Wing Deluxe Pool King

The bed was very uncomfortable. Too hard. The bath could not be used because the plug was broken ken. The same for one of the sinks.

We liked the pool facilities and the acc ss to city etc