Reviews of Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel 5 stars

320 Orchard Road, Orchard, 238865 Singapore, Singapore

#115 of 450 hotels in Singapore

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at the Marriott tang hotel and would definitely stay there again
    • Pool Terrace Room

The pillows were way to soft.

Very nice hotel friendly staff lovely room nice amenities in the bathroom club room excellent pool area perfect also lovely restaurant by the poolside

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Well connected hotel in the heart of the city
    • Studio with King Bed and City View

To crowded during week end, since this hotel next to lucky plaza

Location, location and location... if you are looking for hotel in the heart of Singapore this hotel is one of the best choice..

A relaxing experience
    • Deluxe Guest Room with a King or Two Single Beds

It is central and close to all the shopping areas on Orchard Rd. Recommend for people who love shopping. The hotel allowed me to have a late checkout when I requested it.

4.5
    no toothpaste and soap in room.
    • Premier Deluxe Guest Room with a King Bed or Two single Beds

no toothpaste and soap in room.how stingycan you get.a half inch tube of toothpaste for a room costing more than 2000 dollars for 2 nights.it sucks.poor reception.upgraded room but only 2 floors up no viev..same room ripoff.pathetic never again.good ridderance.if I never see it again too soon.

Will probably not stay again as altho a good location was not value for money given the age of rooms
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old and worn bathroom. Water pressure was low took ages to shower the kids and temperature ran hot and cold.

Location was excellent. When requested for extra towels or complimentary water was prompt in service.

Walking distance away to all the shopping malls, loved the...
    • Deluxe Guest Room with a King or Two Single Beds

Did not find the room , as to what I was expecting. I would say a bit too small or ....the brown dark wood of the closest, made the room look smaller that what it should be Also there was a problem with our shower.

Walking distance away to all the shopping malls, loved the location of this Hotel .

Great hotel in a great City !
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only drawback is the access to and from the hotel if you are in a hurry .

Great location ; crossroads cafe a great place to have a drink or light food and breakfast . The 'other room' bar is a great place with really excellent staff . An excellent hotel in great City !

Good Place, Great Location
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Construction noise at one stage, lack of Business Center (Apparently was being refurbished) So assume all temporary

The room was very comfortable in terms of a layout. Plenty of Space and the working desk was perfect for working on

We shall return! :)
    • Pool Terrace Room

To be honest the breakfast is nothing fantastic or unique. It is the usual breakfast in all the hotels. I wish you also serve the singaporean breakfast of kaya toast, soft boiled eggs and tea. I think hotels should also include local foods in their menu :)

I love my pool terrace room. I love my room especially the bathtub. I invited 2 friends for a swim and they really enjoyed the pool and the fact that is a few steps from my room. They said they will book the pool terrace room when they go back to Singapore :)

Perfect

Nothing at all.

Everything. The hotel were extremely accomodating when I requested for an early check in to prepare for my ROM ceremony in the evening. They even went the extra mile to provide sweet treats surprise for us. I really enjoyed my stay here, there's nothing to complain about.

Strategic hotel in Orchard
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lobby always extremely busy. No bidet/jet shower/ eco washer in bathroom.

Prime and strategic location. Hospitable staffs. Direct and easy access to underpasses, Orchard MRT. Hassle-free checkin and checkout.

Good stay and service from this one guy called Ronny.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Cons: leaking air conditioning through the night which resulted in the entire foyer floor wet. It was brought to one of the staff, Chua Sitong, and he merely brushed it off. Look I don’t expect any freebies or wish to over dramatise from this incident but this leakage could have escalated to your guests slipping and hurting themselves. This was in room 912. Make sure the air conditioning is fixed before letting people stay in there.

Good stay and service from this one guy called Ronny. Good breakfast and spacious rooms

The location is excellent.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms are outdated with pockets of dust that haven’t been cleaned in a very long time. Our bathroom flooded completely the first time we tried to take a shower. The staff didn’t apologize for this at all and made us wait a long time before changing our room. Overall their attitude was quite unwelcoming and very different from what you’d expect at this type of hotel.

The location is excellent.

Average
    • Studio

The elevators probably need some maintenance, second from from the left is awfully jerky stopping at each floor. Mini bar wasn’t restocked for two days. Was hoping to get newspaper to the room. The bed sinks in the middle, and pillows were too fluffy for our likings. There were stains on the carpet, sofa and the desk. House keeping didn’t clean the espresso cups properly, there were coffee stains in the cups when I use them every day. Sugar were not restocked. Breakfast at the Executive Lounge was poor, all the dim sum tasted like microwaved food. Perhaps you were short handed that day, we had to clear tables on our own, set our own table and we weren’t even asked if we wanted coffee. Our room included breakfast, but the one experience we had was very much lacking, we skipped breakfast for the rest of our stay.

We had a junior suite, space wise it was very comfy. Location was smack in the middle of Orchard Road, pretty convenient getting around.

The staff were your greatest asset. Thumbs up for Ronny Ng and Rudi.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lights above the bed could not be turned off unless we switch off the Master!

The dinner we had for my Mom's birthday on April 20. The lobster, prawn, oyster were fresh and sweet. Our relatives were all satisfied.

Four hundred dollar a night room, I expect the room(s) to be CLEAN!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My room the hot water would slow down to a drip when I attempted to use the hot water at full force. My kids room smelt like sewage from the start. We complained several times and it took the staff a day and a half to "take care" of the room which was to switch three cotton balls in the vent !!! After complaining and bringing the manager to the room, she acknowledged the lack of quality and terrible stench, she switched the kids room. I had booked a connecting rooms however there was not any available when the hotel acknowledged the room smelt like sewage and changed their room( non connecting). My older daughter wen to shower after switching rooms to discover a live black worm (2 inches) on the shower floor that wiggled its way into a whole in the caulking!!! For this experience, we were offered a free shuttle to the airport!?!? After complaining, we were issued 60,000. Marriott points for this huge traumatic experience for the kids. Still not sure that this was a equivalent/fair offer. Staff was not very friendly. Hotel charged more than what booking.com quoted.

Breakfast buffet was good.

this hotel seems not worth it for the price because of front desk service
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

when i was waiting in line to check out, hotel allow someone cut my line without stopping him, and checkout service efficiency is bad, taking too long.

location, taxi service

Not a cheap experience but the location is good and the staff are very friendly...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not enough complimentary water in the room or obvious drink-making facilities.

Had a big issue with Booking.com not having confirmed my booking with the hotel and none of my questions had been answered as part of the process but upon arrival the reception staff sorted out the issue promptly and upgraded the room in compensation (probably because I have been a Platinum member in the past).

First night I was called and told I had to change rooms...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

First night I was called and told I had to change rooms because of some facilities problem. I was already in bed and having just arrived from a 17 hour flight I was not happy. I asked for an upgrade and was moved to an identical room on a higher floor. I complained and in the end was comp’d 2 breakfasts. Not much of a gesture but better than nothing.

The staff are friendly, the food is good, the accommodations are luxury and great location.
    • Pool Terrace Room

There was very little we didn't like. Just a couple of little things, the plug for the hairdryer is located in drawer under the sink. For some reason, it did not work even when I flipped the electrical switch. There are plenty of other switches to use.

We arrived just before the two o'clock and after a prompt check-in, we were taken to our pool terrace villa. Our luggage arrive shortly after us. The layout and pool terrace room was wonderful. We enjoyed stepping out of our room and into the pool. The decor and open design inspired romance. This was nice since this was one stop on our honeymoon. The room even had a tub and bath salts were available. The second night we were there, they delivered an amenity of cheeses and fruits with a bottle of wine. We had access to the Executive Lounge and was nice for a quick breakfast and evening lite dinner. We also enjoyed the large buffet breakfast from the restaurant adjoining the lobby. The offerings at breakfast had something for every type of dietary needs. They also serviced you with coffee and juices. The staff was friendly and helpful. Vera, at the front desk, was very accommodating with explanations of service types, helping with taxis and overall service. Sarah, from pool/sauna area, also spoke to us every time she saw us and everyone she came into contact with. She was always reminding us about the hotels services and asking what she could do for us. We saw her at different times of the day and evening, so I'm not sure she ever went home. Our lead room attendant was always smiling. Even when I was in the pool, he made sure I had my key to get back in the room. One of the most important things to mention was the bed. Throughout Asian hotels, expect a firm mattress. Where this is mostly fine, but without a pillow top, it can make for an achy back. The bed was very comfortable. We were very happy to be able to rest comfortably and watch the many channels offered from the TV. The wifi in the room was fast too. Overall, this four day stay was lovely and we highly recommend the Marriott on Tang.

Worst experience ever. Do not stay here.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We had the worst experience here. During our booking we asked for a quiet room and this was not the case. Our room was on the 6th floor and had a view of the pool, but that also came with loads of noise. People we are the pool partying until the sun came up. So we got little to no sleep. The shower had no water pressure and no shower door. There was a flimsy shower curtain. Every time we showered it flooded the bathroom and made the floor extremely slippery and unsafe. When I asked they front desk about the shower curtain she said all the rooms were like that. Also, our room was infested with ants. I set a croissant down on the desk and 30 minutes later it was covered in ants. When I spoke to the front desk they apologized and offered to replace the food. Upon arriving home I found all the items in my suitcase were covered in ants. I would not recommend this property. I love staying at the Marriott, but was disappointed with this Marriott. Prior to departure the hotel offered to switch our room, but at that point all I wanted to do was check out.

The bed and pillow were super comfy. The hotel is located in a great spot near shopping, cafes, and the metro. The gym is nice too.

A convenient and efficiently run hotel.
    • Pool Terrace Room

The place is a bit faded in places and could do with some tasteful refurbishment especially in the lobby and communal areas. Some imaginative interior design would help.

Good location for Orchard Road shopping. The hotel has a nice swimming pool and buzz about it.

It’s a very pleasant stay!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The view was a bit of a letdown, but it’s not a big factor for me since I enjoyed the facilities so much. I believe they have much better views from higher-floored rooms (ours were in 7th floor so the view was obstructed by the nearby buildings). I was only staying for one night, so I don’t really mind it that much.

A lot of things! I love how clean the room and (especially) the bathroom is.. the toiletries are nice; they smell really good! We booked two kinds of room, the one with the king-sized bed and the one with the twin beds. Both rooms are spacious, but especially the twin-beds room. Both the bed and the pillows are fluffy enough so it made me feel very comfortable. I have no trouble sleeping with it at all. Sadly since it was a very short stay, we haven’t had the chance to try out the food, so I can’t comment on it... maybe next time!

The bed is comfortable and clean
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I asked for another hair dryer bec the dryer was not good.. the requested didn’t arrive. I called twice 🙁 but didn’t came .

The bed is comfortable and clean

Great location but hotel needs improvement
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The check in process is so slow. There was a long line already and there were just 2 who can do the processing and 1 dedicated for Marriott Members. I am a Marriott member however, it also took awhile.. so this line is not a guarantee that you will complete everything asap. Wifi is not free. It will be 10SGD per day. If you are a Marriott member, then it's free.Breakfast is also not free. With the cost of the breakfast, I was hoping they have more selections. Carpets are dirty. Definitely need to be refurbished soon.

I booked this because it is located infront of the malls. It's just right across the street. Staff at the lobby, i.e. bellboy and the chef who cooks omelette - they are so warm, helpful, cheerful and customer focused. Kudos to these people!

Not a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Worst pillow in the world The bed wasn’t very comfortable No varieties in breakfast Front desk lady lies to me about rooms availability One of the chefs says all meats are halal even (ham) ..! Breakfast area very small and look old (not a 5 star hotel) Air conditioner need to be fixed. Our room always feels humid. You need to be a mariott member for free wifi Before i book wifi was free in the hotel they said only in lobby and 10$ a day in your room or be a member Dining in the room was very bad (they don’t know how to make margarita pizza) They gave me a room with bad AC and no privacy, I asked for changing the room. Front desk lady told me we can’t do anything and there is no rooms. 5 minuets later i went to another employee and she offered changing my room TV shows recorded programs keeps replying.

Most of the staff were friendly Location Quite

Excellent accommodation, but unfair pricing, and no warning of points not earned.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Review of charging especially in restaurant. Marriott reward points not earned if booked through Booking .com

The cost was very high-to pay $10 for a cup of mediocre coffee, and $10.50 for a glass of ice filled coke was excessive.

Our stay was pleasant, up until the last day.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The service when we checked out was horrendous! During breakfast, chefs didn’t notice that dimsum trays were empty, and had to be told. Twice. We waited upwards of 20 minutes for our bags to be picked up from our rooms. It was a Sunday and they said they were very busy.

The location is very central. We got through different areas accessing only the underpass which was very helpful as it was raining during our stay. Rooms and bathrooms were sizeable.

Have to reconsider in the future.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room management, desk staff info less than adequate (more than 5hrs. delay check-in). some arguments among staffs and guests.

location, room cleanliness

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Additional bedding was not available. Long waiting time for rooms while checking in, and staff could not estimate how long more do i need to wait in order to get my room and expected me to come by the reception to check as and when to see if room is available.

Nice rooms and nice facilities. Swimming pools with baby pools are excellent.

The free excess to the executive lounge at level 27 with the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not come with free-wifi unless you join their membership.

The free excess to the executive lounge at level 27 with the unobstructed view of Orchard Rd is a worthy experience not to be missed. The gym and the swimming pool is great too.

Location! Location

The junior suite needs a bit more tender loving care. Some of the fixtures needed to be fixed and some needed to be refreshed. A bit dated.

The service was really excellent as the staff was professional and efficient. The breakfast was good. In the heart of Orchard Road. Convenient to all places. Numerous eateries surround the hotel. Location great.

comfortable and enjoyable
    • Premier Deluxe Double or Twin Room

if they had a few more movie( English) and cartoon channels for kids(cartoon network)etc

was very comfortable .location was excellent We enjoyed our stay

Comfortable and enjoyable stay
    • Premier Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Maybe a few more channels like cartoon network for kids there was disney channel but that wasnt enough bit more movie channels would also be good

Everything was good We enjoyed our stay

Booking.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Booking.com didn’t stick to the deal . What we paid at the hotel was much different than what was showing at booking . Com . They charged us 395++ room charges plus wifi where as in booking.com they showed 320and free wand di ... felt cheated

Great location for a stopover.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We were in transit for 16 hours so we just checked in to have some sleep so there has been no expectations other than a comfy bed.

We love the location and that's pretty much it.

The one and only good about this hotel is the location which...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

For room and facilities, there are many hotels around this property which are SO MUCH better than this hotel. The room was only just so so.. the TV is small. The hospitality of reception was bad.. no free wifi in the room where other hotels around(with better price) have free wifi and even providing like a smartphone in each room. This hotel has the price of Marriott with room and facilities being disgrace for a Marriott hotel

The one and only good about this hotel is the location which is in the center of orchard

Centrally located in Orchard Road
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Old property with poor maintenance. Room was not properly cleaned. Found hair in the toilet and dust around the room. Some of the TV channel was not clear and sometimes without sound. Same daily breakfast spread. Staffs was not helpful and attentive.

Centrally located in Orchard Road

Brilliant location and first class breakfast
    • Premier Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Confusion on arrival re breakfast included with. booking deal. However rectified on sight of our booking confirmation!

Great location, close to MRT system and Orchard road for shopping malls

Good location, nice room, club floor was the worst in Singapore
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The club floor was exceptionally poorly served. Normally club floors around Singapore/Asia provide great selection of food at breakfast, this one was completely void of quality and selection

The floor I was on had just been remodeled and location was great

Food is good enough
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Reception staff not simpatic especially when im check out on around 12.30-1330 , 1st the young man handle It but when hE don't understand about debit card(I want pay by debit card) so hE ask HIS friend A Short little ones lady , she was very un simpatic & not supposed tO be handle A guest , she is very 👹

Food is good enough

It was very enjoyable for us
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was spacious and the people were very friendly and helpful, especially the dining staff. It was an excellent location on top of the MRT and excellent shops and food court nearby.

Amazing location for stay in Orchard
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Carpet under the bedside tables had pretty thick dust. When my son dropped his toy, picked it up and had all the dust stick, had to go wash it. One of the showerhead was not working. Bathroom had stains on floor. And toilet has no water/jet spray. Just the toilet, and tissue (pretty challenging for us who are used to clean using water)

Location was amazing. Just outside the lobby is escalator down to MRT station. Left and right side of hotel are malls down orchard st. Pool was nice. Room had nice view of ION mall. Room and bed was cozy.

The payment method was very dissapointing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I feel sorry for the breakfast. Coz, we didn't really enjoyed the food.

The bathroom was very nice and my lil daughter really love it. She enjoyed all facilities of our room. So, we were so happy stayed there. But, sadly, we didn't get into the swimming pool.

A great place to stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed our stay at the Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel. The staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful. We couldn't ask for better service. We paid for the upgrade and that was really worthwhile. We were able to use the executive lounge which was worth the extra cost. The restaurants had great food and service. The location was really close to everything. We had a great time while we were there and will definitely be back when we are next in Singapore.

I wish to compliment Ms Ashley (front desk/ reservations...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In view my last-minute booking made via booking.com on Sunday 2 July only and the guest check-in was Monday 3 July morning, I telephoned up your hotel (as per your property phone number listed in booking.com) on Sunday 2 July to check if my booking was in order. Regrettably, I was informed that the reservations team are off-duty during weekends (Saturdays afternoon and Sundays). A Chinese female hotel staff informed me that my booking was not found in the booking system and forwarded my call to "Global reservation" whereby a Western female asked me not in a very friendly manner why I called US when my booking was for Singapore!? Perhaps your hotel may wish to look into how to better handle queries for bookings made via booking.com after the business hours of your reservation team concerned? This is especially important for last-minute booking. Thank you.

I wish to compliment Ms Ashley (front desk/ reservations?). When I spoke with her on Monday 3 July before 8:00am to ensure my booking is confirmed (since I was unable to get a confirmation the day before... a Sunday), Ashley informed me that my booking made via booking.com was not in the hotel's booking system as yet. However, she informed me that she will follow up with the reservations team concerned and will call me back to update the status. She did indeed and all was in order. Thank you again, Ms Ashley!

Nothing special but the location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff unwelcoming and uninterested and very standard rooms. During my stay, they had 2 fire drills in 4 days! If you are hoping for a Marriott experience like the one in Dubai, you will be grossly disappointed

Internet charges are simply down to greed!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Paying for internet service in the room. A company like the Marriot should be providing free wifi throughout the hotel not just the lobby. A major put off for me!

Reception staff were fantastic

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great location, rooms and service.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Aircon was a little loud on low settings and difficult to get the temperature right.

Great location for shopping in Orchard rd. Plenty of food courts and restaurants nearby. The Marriot Cafe buffet is good value and offers variety. The executive rooms and executive lounge offers excellent accom and complimentary cocktails and hors d'ouvres. Room was great size, comfortable and bathroom was excellently appointed. Bed was perfect.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

More western restaurant , bath room in the room did not...

you feel hotel services only one nationality

More western restaurant , bath room in the room did not suit our requirements as Muslim people no water flusher there .

DAY LIGHT ROBBERY FOR SGD 10/ HOUR ON WIFI
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location is bad. Taxi had to make a kong detour into this property which store s time wasting. This property has no free wifi at this era! Can you believe they charge SGD10 for 1 hour of wifi and they charge over SGD500 for 1 night. Don't waste your money, they are more value for money hotels along the same road. Front desk staff are not friendly and inattentive. Tell me which 5 star hotel give one room key to 2 guest in the same room? MARRIOT AT TANGS only. This is not s property anyone should consider

dont miss cross-road cafe
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the room is too dry, can check the humidity of the room. The bed is too soft for me.

Location and cross-road café, like to see culture of local guys wearing and their face expression.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The staff at the counter and concierge are accommodating and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff at the counter and concierge are accommodating and friendly. This is also true with the food attendands at the restaurant where I had buffet breakfast.

Great location property.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The door of shower area needed improvement to prevent the water leakage to the dry area ( room # 2016)

Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Perfect location in the heart of Singapore shopping district.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was some renovation going which though couldn't see it could be heard from nine in the morning. Quite loud if you sit in the outside restaurant. If you book via booking.com Marriott will not award you any points in your membership card, which is ridiculous and totally out of date. If your going to spend a couple thousands SGD on using their hotel, all members should be rewarded regardless of how you made your booking. The airlines don't make this kind of distinction. Something to think about the next time staying at any Marriott hotel around the world which I do.

A perfectly located in the heart of Orchard Road close by to shops, public transport and restaurants. Friendly service, very comfortable rooms, ideal for business and holiday.

disgusting

incorrect room allocation and rooms did not reflect the advertised room style or price paid. Supposed to be an executive pool suite and management agreed these were the worst rooms in the entire complex. False advertising.

Centrally situated very good value.

No problems

Staff in the restaurant at breakfast were very attentive and helpful as well as friendly and efficient. After a very minor hitch at time of arrival in our room the front office staff sent us a gift of chocolates to apologize which was a wonderful gesture but actually unnecessary because they did apologize at the time but was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Fantastic
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location is the best ! Literally the hotel is on top of the Ochard Station. Concierge Ronaldo is very good and gave us all information we needed about Singapore.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

The room was spacious and clean and to think it's in...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was spacious and clean and to think it's in Singapore.... the bed and pillows are comfortable and clean...linens, pillow cases, blanket are soft and smooth, towels are clean.... I particularly liked the dressing table in the corner of the bathroom... I liked the office table and the wide window giving the room a natural brightness.... Room design is good for working and resting.... The staffs at the breakfast area were cordial and accommodating...so, too at the concierge... food was good... Lobby area was clean, spacious, with a friendly peaceful atmosphere with privacy, too.... Pool area was also clean and offered a sense of privacy.... It's very accessible to the train station, I think it's just adjacent to it and the shopping malls... it is also along the Orchard Road which was great..... easy to get a taxi from the front lobby... Had a great time....

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Great location❤
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As i entered my room, i being asked to move to other room 'cause it had commited to someone else. It seems unprofessional yet evrythg else was awesome.

Perfect location for shopping!

Nice hotel but service could be better
    • Pool Terrace Room

The service provided by the hotel staff. I did booking for this hotel in the morning, and so we came in the afternoon to check in..I was shocked to know when we wanted to check in that our hotel booking didn't go through (according to the hotel staff). So we told the hotel side to check again bec we receive a confirmation email frm booking.com that we secured a room. The staff (didn't even offer to contact booking.com or even check through the names of those who booked the pool suite(only 6suites btw), dismissed my concern and repeated that our booking didn't went through.. I could not cancel my booking bec it will be less than 24hrs and I will still be charged for the room, and so I had no choice but to call booking.com on my own to enquire. And true enough according to the staff at booking.com we have already secured a room at that hotel. (Imagine if we listened to the staff and ignored the booking) The staff could have at least offered his help to contact booking.com and not to quickly resort by saying that the booking didn't go through. The place and hotel was nice though, but I thought the staff could be more hospitable and friendly.

The bed is comfy and the toilet is spacious.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Overpriced
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Disappointed with the executive lounge - food and desserts went quickly so people missed out. Staff in executive lounge were friendly and very helpful. Main reception staff at check in not helpful or friendly. Hotel rooms old and not luxury at all.

Good coffee

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Great location, very good business lounge
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room had an old feeling, plus TV didnt face the bed.. was sideways.. Even though I got an upgraded room, it was small compared to other hotels from Marriott where I have also been upgraded

Great location, very good business lounge

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Not happy
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No wifi included in room price Not up to standard , room old and needs updated Smell in room Didn't get clean towels , bed turn down , or what u would expect from Marriott hotel

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Exceptional service and location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Quick response to my late arrival request prior to my arrival. The room and the bathroom was very clean and has a nice view of the poolside. The staff were very friendly too. Check in and check out were a breeze. The hotel is perfectly located along Orchard Road and the MRT station is just a few steps from the hotel. It makes the hotel very accessible.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Efficient one night stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Channel selection on TV - not a whole lot of western TV shows to chose from. The outdoor cafe's service was pretty disappointing. But that's another review.

Great location on orchard road. Easy access from airport via MRT.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Communication is a necessary part of running a first class hotel
    • Premier Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The maid sitting outside our door complaining that we had not left the room at 2.30 after being given a late check out of 3 pm.

Allowed us a late check out as our flight was not until the evening.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Great biz hotel

Location location location!!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location and the staff
    • Deluxe Guest Room with a King or Two Single Beds

The breakfast need to improve

Location and the staff

The friendly staff and head chef at breakfast buffet all...
    • Deluxe Guest Room with a King or Two Single Beds

The friendly staff and head chef at breakfast buffet all amazing

An excellent stay!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It exceeded my expectations. I was most pleased

I prefer to stay at Marriott properties. The location and comfort of the room were ideal.

The chefs were very friendly
    • Deluxe Guest Room with a King or Two Single Beds

Price was high for small room

The chefs were very friendly

helpful staff

none

the kindness and politeness of the guys who took care of our luggages and helped us with our transportation arrangement to sentosa and airport.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018