Reviews of Swissotel The Stamford 5 stars

2 Stamford Road, City Hall, 178882 Singapore, Singapore

#81 of 475 hotels in Singapore

• Classic Room King

My aircon was a bit noisy, effective but noisy.

My room was on the 56th floor with a great view of the Bay and Marina BAY sands hotel. Raffles shopping mall below hotel so lots of shops and a great selection of eating places as well as those in the hotel. Hotel is in a good location close to public transport and two of the hop on hop off bus lines.

• Classic Room King

The second/ third night room, the shower is stuck, we called again, waiting for ten minutes. the fixer just said turn right is cool.... But actually it is stuck even my boy friend tried many times. And after shower, water is dropping all the night.

• Premier Harbour View King

In shower (shower in the Bathtub), the bathroom was flooded with bath water. The drainage facilities are not perfect. Because the rooms I lived in the first night (with Marina Bay view)and the second/ third night are different, as I checked in, the staff said I can check out by the room phone and leave our luggage in the room directly, no need to downstairs and they help us move them to the next room, and as we check in again, there could be already in the room. And I also confirmed with the other one staff in the morning. But actually no! It was about 11 pm. Wast our time and as a staff finally took our luggage to our room for us and he also even said we provided the wrong room number to let them cannot find our luggage. (I was very tired...didn't hospital have record?) (And the second day room, the shower is stuck, we called again, waiting for ten minutes. the fixer just said turn right is cool.... But actually it is stuck even my boy friend tried many times. And after shower, water is dropping all the night)

The Marina Bay view is wonderful. I requested I want balcony to take pictures. Well done! And they provided bottles of water for free.

• Premier Room Double

Too much people in small lobby for check in/out. Waited 10-15min in que. Only few chairs are available at lobby...

Location is excellent. I was able to see Marina bay from my room.

• Premier Harbour View King Plus

Minibar got nothing, and breakfast not included in the booking. Lighting control is complicated and no World Cup screening in the room

Newly renovated. Nice, spacious and cozy.

• Signature Room King

The minibar on the room was empty—- not sure if this was a hotel policy but we ended up having to go to the supermarket downstairs to get drinks. The empty minibar fridge had blue lights shining out which was very disruptive to sleep. Upon check out, the staff just shrugged it off when we asked. The room lights were difficult to adjust— when we tried to dim the lights to sleep, some sockets stopped working so we could not charge our devices. When we called the reception for help, the staff attending to our call said he didn’t know how to adjust the lights though he did offer to send someone up to help. The check in was slow and had 10 people in the queue at one point. Reception staff could be more pleasant.

The room was clean and seems pretty new. It was large by Singapore standards. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We really liked the modern design in the toilet and room.

• Classic Room Double

PARKING WAS A LITTLE PRICEY THOUGH!!!

THIS HOTEL IS CONVENIENT AS RAFFLES CITY IS JUST NEXT TO IT. AS IT WAS RAINING, WAS EASY FOR US TO DO OUR SHOPPING AND HAVE OUR MEALS AT THE VARIOUS RESTAURANTS WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT IN THE RAIN!!!

• Classic Room King

the first night aircon was shut off and only fan operating. Unable to sleep comfortably but hotel staff corrected the aircon setting next day and ok until end of stay.

• Executive Room Double

Room was not ready when they told us to move.

The service is very good. The bell boy, I think his name was Francis? I forgot..but he was very helpful and nice. Overall service has been always good as usual. I always choose this hotel when I stay in Sgp.

• Premier Harbour View Double

The bed is soft to me, but is OK to my husband. We advise the size of double beds should be wider since the room empty is enough. When we checked in, I asked the man at front desk if he can speak chinese, he said no, so I have to communicate with English, I'm disappointed that he never intented to find someone can speak Chinese to serve us, moreover, he speak English very very fast, what I mean is so many words and sentences connected in one breath. He is nice and smile all the time, if he can be thoughtful, he will be best.

Location is good. Harbour view is great. Room is quiet. The Bellboy is nice At first, the coffee machine doesnt work, the second day morning we left a message on the bed, when we come back, they have solved the problem.

• Classic Room Double

Not a complaint, but a suggestion: have a switch to turn off the sensor lights in the bedroom and bathroom. I had to cover up the sensors so the lights didn't wake up my sleeping baby in his cot every time I moved around the room.

We keep returning to this hotel due to its terrific location and relatively good prices, especially for what you get. A great business or short stay hotel that I'd highly recommend. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms on the 16th floor and I was pleasantly surprised. It has been made to be very modern - certainly targeting the business traveller I'd say.

• Premier Room Double

The toilet flush button is hard to use and doesn't look nice with the 5 stars hotel. The lobby where check-in and checkout does not have any convenient washroom. When guest wants to go in urgent have to run up the second floor where the washroom is located. Not convenient. Last but not least, the Lobby need to have more and more chairs or sofas for check-in and check-out guests to rest to wait...The oldest can not stand to long to wait. With the big 5 stara hotel need to consider this point.

Sightseeing face to harbour front and to the city. Look nice both in the day and night time. Few steps to the shopping mall and food court. Delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with discount for in-hotel guests.

• Classic Harbour View King

This hotel is a fabulous choice if you want to stay close to all the famous points of tourist attraction. The staff service and their hospitality is very good.

• Premier Room King

Lobby area was loud and crowded sometimes. The Swiss cafe was crowded in the morning but did not have enough staffs I think.

The room was very clean. Bed was comfy. Pillows were awesome. View from the balcony was amazing. The hotel is also close to everything.

• Premier Room King

My entire bathroom was flooded and the water came all the way on the carpet of the room. The drainage in the bathroom was so poor! i dont understand how that can ever happen in a 5 star hotel.

• Premier Harbour View King Plus

Very helpful and friendly staff. Despite the renovations going on right now, there was no noticeable noise in the room. then newly renovated rooms are very tasteful and the views were spectacular. Would definitely stay here again.

• Grand Room King

Would have been a plus to get complimentary parking. But the staff was very helpful to suggest using the hotel's valet service instead

We were upgraded to a newly renovated room with an excellent view. Love the new look.

• Classic Room King

Lovely hotel a few minutes walk to city hall mrt. Able to walk to hotel through shopping centre. Check in and out very efficient. Our rooms were on the 54th floor and the view was spectacular- especially at night over gardens by the bay. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would definately stay here again.

• Classic Harbour View Double

The hotel is quite old. Musky smell along the corridor leading to the room. Got bitten by bed bugs. Looks like it needed some refurbishment.

The view! It was breathtaking to see the famous Singapore skyline.

• Executive Room King

We stayed here 3 years ago and didn’t hesitate to book again for this trip. Lucky enough to stay on the executive floor, we benefited from a huge room with access to the private lounge. The hotel is about to undergo a major refurb and we can’t wait to return to see what they’ve done.

• Classic Harbour View King

A little dated in the rooms but they are upgrading those so this will improve.

The room was big and spacious. 2 balconies with amazing views to the Marina and across the cityscape. A nice big tub, excellent water pressure and hot water. Everything supplied in the way of toiletries. 2 great pools, great restaurants. Awesome location.

• Executive Harbour View Double

One of the Elevator was shaking than other. Went to 70th floors bar but couldn't charge directly to my room.

Friendly staff on 60th floor and beautiful view.

• Premier Room King

It will be that when someone want to book like multiple rooms under the same guest name shld enjoy more discounts and faster check in.

View great. Room is cosy.

• Classic Room King

It was all great, the Hotel, Singapore, its people I have nothing but praise, no/low crime, absolutely safe any hour. All people young and old very polite and respectful of each other.

Our previous visit and stay at Swissotel in 2013 was still on computer records. Happened to mention it was our 55 wedding anniversary and we were immediately allocated a room with a fantastic view. The staff were all terrific.

• Classic Harbour View Double

We had some problems with the keys at the beginning but then cleared

Spectacular view from our rooms all over Singapore, excellent location and shopping center below. Lot's of very good restaurants and everything in walking distance.

• Classic Room King

The staff were very helpful, accommodating and friendly. The food at Kopi Tiam was delicious. The view from our room was beautiful. The location was perfect - we loved that Raffles City was just an elevator ride away. The beds were comfortable.

• Classic Room King

The bed was old and uncomfortable. The shower tended to leak. But i understand that the hotel is being renovated and refurbished floor by floor so i guess these issues will be tackled eventually.

Location, my view from the 61st floor, raffles city mall below and mrt nearby

• Signature Room King

A bucket of ice took 30 mins to arrive.

The room was good and comfy, they even had early check in and didn’t take deposit as they trust their customer. Friendly stuff and didn’t need card access for the lift which made it even better when are friends up coming up. Beds are comfortable and blind out curtains and smart tv!

• Premier Room King

Staff kept requesting payment for room, telling me and my guests that room had not been paid for, despite already being full paid weeks prior. Made me and my guests feel uncomfortable.

comfy bed, nice view

• Grand Room King

Wonderful view on high floor(56th)! Nice location! Direct access to subway station and Raffles City(many shops, restaurants, cafes and supermarket), though underground shopping arcade to Suntec City.

• Premier Room King

When booking a car for Airport.The staff just took my booking and told it's S$100/= sir charge to your room.The problem is I was not given proper explanation what type of car that I'm going to travel as if there is no choice.My experience traveling on common taxi from your site(hotel) to Airport is only S$30/=+.When I boarded the taxi it wasn't an ordinary taxi actually it was Toyota Alphard it was comfortable raids I have had no regrets my argument is no explanation was given because in Singapore there many transports choice. I hope to be more professional more explanation on what type of transport is offering to guests that the Hotel can arrange.Sorry that's my opinion for more choices extended to your guests.

Salmon in breakfast was the favorite by many guests.At time its just finished

• Classic Room King

The food and service at Kopi Tiam were excellent. The location of the hotel was perfect. The staff were very friendly, accommodating and helpful. The view from our room was beautiful.

• Classic Harbour View King

Certain rules inflexibly enforced. Not enough sun shades by pool. Not good enough for a 5 star hotel

Breakfast wide choice everything worked well trained staff. Fabulous view from room window

• Classic Room King

When we booked our trip, we had planned to have a family dinner at the roof top restaurant, Equinox. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the hotel, we found out that the restaurant was closed for renovation. :(

The staff from the reception to the bell service and restaurant personnel were all so friendly and accommodating. We reserved a room with two double beds (since we were going to be three occupants, my son, my husband and myself) and asked to be on the same floor as the rest of our family. The front desk personnel could only give us a room with a king sized bed on the floor that we requested. They added an extra bed in our room in order to ensure that we would sleep comfortably. A few days later, we moved to another room with a double bed. Later in the day, my son realized that he was missing his phone charger. We called the operator who checked with housekeeping. Not only did they find the charger, they also found some belts I left hanging in the closet. And instead of asking us to come down and claim the items, they delivered it all to our room. The housekeeping staff do a very efficient and speedy job when it comes to making up the room. The bell service is top rate as they promptly picked up our luggage and even offered to book us a van service to the airport. We wanted to enjoy the coffee and super delicious muffins while waiting for the van to the airport. Ana, at the front desk made arrangements with the brasserie to still give us the 25% discount for guests who are checked in even after we checked out at noon. The location is just wonderful. It gives you direct access to Raffles City Mall (and its many food outlets), which is also connected to the Green and Yellow lines of the MRT. Suntec City is practically across the street and places like Chijmes, Bugis Junction and Bras Basah Complex are walking distance. The view from our room on the 63rd floor was spectacular. We would find ourselves going out to the balcony everyday at different times just to snap photos.

• Premier Room King Plus

The room condition at the room is very poor. Receptionist made me weight until 3:00 pm for check in without any explanation and she was very rude even didn’t apologise for the late check in

• Classic Harbour View King

They are redoing the hotel which will be done by the end of the year.. So if you want an updated room you have to choose the lower floors. The hotel decor is the same as when I stayed there 25 years ago so it can be a little worn. But the new rooms look very nice if that is important for you.

The hotel has the best location for the city and the harbour. You can walk all around; You can walk through the malls to Sun Tec city. It is also very convenient for working as it is one or two stops most likely to where you work. They are working on a new metro line to get you to Marina Bay Sands but currently you have to change once.

• Premier Room King

There were roadworks down in the street each night with a trick beeping every four or five minutes kept waking me up between 3am and 6 am :( I was on the 20th floor so can’t have been the only person affected.

It’s a pretty spectacular hotel, one of the nicest I’ve stayed in (I travel nonstop for my job)

• Premier Room King

Construction work at night near the Hotel was most disturbing and caused sleepless hours.

Excellent location. Only 5 min. walk to the Hopp on / Hopp off busstation. Many other places of interest (China Food Street, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands, etc.) in walking distance.

• Executive Harbour View King

great staff and best view ever!!!we book this hotel for my husbands 40s birthday. and during happy hour(5-8pm) at club,the 60s floor staff team surprise us with a chocolate birthday cake.we feel so touch!!!and after that,we see a big rainbow appear at marina bay sand sky line.best birthday ever!!! All thanks to this wonderful hotel and their great servive😙

• Premier Room King

We came together with a big group of school children from the Chadwick International School in South Korea attending a soccer tournament in Singapore. The hotel staff was on the edge at all times and clearly not happy to have a group of about 40 kids in the hotel; hence we judge the hotel evidently and not sufficiently friendly for children and families with kids. Also, there was a big noise due to on going construction works around the clock, so we did not sleep very well during our stay.

Comfort and excellent location give good value for money.

• Classic Room King

The pillows were a little flat and didn't smell very clean.

Although the receptionist could not give me the late check out time I asked for, but, she gave me a room with a superb view and extended my checkout time, as best she could. She was very apologetic and accommodative. The Nespresso and TWG tea complimentaries were really nice touches.

• Premier Room King

I can't think of any negatives!

We had an amazing view of the City from our balcony. Breathtaking as you entered the room. The location was perfect. So much was within walking distance. We loved our stay!

• Premier Room King

The soccer on everyday was very noisy. The lack of pool lounges around the adult pool. The lack of seating in the foyer

I loved the sensor lights and the Nespresso machine in room. The men that man the taxi were amazing they work so hard they are so polite under very stressful times

• Premier Room King

None as far as i remember except for a little comment to shower door..

The bathroom was nice except that when you’re having a shower,some water is coming out because it’s open shower..but overall we had a nice & relaxing experience..

• Classic Room King

The standards have dropped restaurants all closed at the weekend after breakfast.

The Swiss hotel has depreciated but the location is excellent. Business executive rooms are no better than standard room. If you get offered the upgrade including breakfast be aware staff will tell you that the breakfast is served on the 60th floor when in reality you could also use the restaurant that has better standard. On the 60th floor feels like a bedroom it has no climax. The staff will not tell you to go to the restaurant but if you want you can, I felt I had been conned.

• Premier Room King

The receptionist at arrival was cold, not even a smile and very unclear. There was also garbage in the bin in the room from the previous guests

Great location right above the city hall metro station with direct link to the airport. Many malls and restaurants just steps away and the view of the sky line was just amazing. I think i made tons of pictures. The room was spacious and comfortable. Clean bedding and towels. I especially liked the smart lighting system.

• Premier Room King

1.The bar on the top, there was no SPECIAL RATE for the guest room, as there was a DJ event. Perhaps next time, you must give us special rate only for staying guest but the staff was too snobbish. 2. When checking out, the receptionist not even given me the invoice receipt at all and not offering me at all too, as I have paid via booking.com... that s not good !! I had to call overseas after I arrived Jakarta as when I made the report, must have it, for my business trip expenses.

The room which is already been renovated is very cozy, bright lights, and the facilities are complete, make me very convenient... and great view as was staying on 28th floor.

• Classic Room King

The hotel is very old, and it is evident throughout. The bathrooms are held together by silicone patchwork, the clock on the bedside control console never had the right time, and the elevators had more turbulence than my flight.

The staff were all friendly and professional.

• Signature Room King

Staff were not helpful. Bellboys didn’t help get cabs and didn’t know where anything was. Room is very dated. Terrible air conditioning. Drain in shower was clogged and bath filled whilst showering. Building is currently undergoing major renovations which are long overdue.

Resonable location.

• Classic Room King

there was water leaking from the floor above my room (6262) directly above the bar area. When I called for help no one came even after repeated calls. In the end I could not waste anymore time and I left. Apparently someone came while I was away but did not even leave a note. I did not like when someone entered my room without my presence. The air conditioning was not functioning properly. It was too hot even at the lowest setting.

I always stay at this hotel when I am in Singapore. I like the location and the facilities

• Classic Room King

My mattress was too hard for my liking but I am sure for most people it will have been spot on.

The location is just perfect, probably the nest in the city in my opinion and the bedroom has just been renovated so it was beautiful.

• Premier Room King

The beds were amazing, location to local area events, and the views. The train station is so close, best hotel for the money! I will definitely book a stay again!

• Classic Room King

The bed was extra comfy. Staff were very helpful. My work collegue and I were given a room on level 62 with a spectacular city view! Raffles City Marketplace was just below the hotel with all connecting shops, the food court and MRT whilst other landmarks were just a walking distance from the hotel. This was a memorable experience for us and we will definitely come back to Swissotel the Stamford on our next visit to Singapore!

• Classic Room King

Furnitures were a little bit outdated.

Location is perfect. You have Raffles City connected to the hotel with various shops and restaurants, MRT station, and it's a short MRT or bus away from many attractions. We saw a play at the Esplanade and we could walk to the theater without even stepping outdoor once! This was really good because it was raining a lot that day. Our room at the 53rd floor was spacious and comfy with a spectacular view. Our only problem was we didn't stay long enough to enjoy the facilities. Will definitely come back.

• Premier Room King

The rooms have been renovated and are very nice now. The gym, spa and pool are great. The location is fantastic connected with the mall and food court.

• Classic Room King

Long queue for Breakfast at level 2, make sure you go earlier...

Great View from balcony (after upgrade with a cost); Breakfast are great at executive floor; Walk 2 mins to MRT, 15 mins walk to Merlion

• Classic Room King

The room is a bit old and need to renovate. Breakfast wasn't meet my expectation.

Room is spacious and clean. Hotel is next to the MRT station and shopping mall.

• Classic Harbour View King

I had asked for an early check in and since that was not confirmed, had to pay for an addl night's stay - an unnecessary expense. Wish I had been asked to pay a small percentage, instead of another full addl night. A room may or may not have been available for early checkin but I needed to be sure.

Outstanding location at just the point where I wanted to spend time in the city - in close proximity to the Asian Civilizations museum, the Peranakan Museum, National Museum, St Andrews Church and not far from Marina Bay Sands - about 12 mins' drive and Chinatown - about 10 mins' drive. I also asked for a room with a good view, and I got what I wanted.

• Classic Room King

Breakfast locatation was very loud. Having Breakfast there felt like sitting in a large company cafeteria. Breakfast staff is not enough, felt very chaotic. Overall Staff was professional, but a bit cold.

The Breakfast was great, lots of choices for everyone. Bed was very comfortable, Room was spacey but no good place for suitcases. Good location to visit Singapore.

• Classic Room King

There was an issue with the WC in the room during my stay - on 2 occassions the WC wouldn't stop flushing and most unfortunately, the 2nd time when that happened it was at 2am. Although the matter was permanently resolved by the techician who came during the second occurence, if it had been fixed during the first time it had happened we could have been spared the inconvenience of calling front desk and having to ask a technician to come at 2am

• Premier Room King

We got a newly renovated room which was very clean and aesthetically pleasing! The view from the balcony facing Marina Bay and CBD skyline was amazing.

• Premier Room King

The beds are very comfortable. Location is very good with the MRT right there and is very easy to use. Staff and all very friendly. Have stayed at this hotel 4 times and will stay again when next in Singapore.

• Premier Room King

The motion sensor light was too sensitive and seemed to turn on just from turning over in bed. There’s probably a way to turn this light off but I couldn’t figure it out.

We stayed in a newly renovated room. Hard to fault, so I won’t.

• Classic Room King

Shower tap falling off. The safe was not reset from previous occupier. Grouting falling from wall tiles. Light switches were difficult to reach and work out. The quality of the room was well below what we expected and not good value for money, around $310 p/n. for 7 nights. We booked the room 9 months in advance and the hotel deducted the FULL amount from our credit card immediately instead of the usual 1 night.

The bed was unfomfortable

• Classic Harbour View King

Rooms are dated but are currently being renovated

Service impeccable, staff brilliant, executive lounge superb, location excellent, views are fabulous overlooking the harbour.

• Classic Room King

Swissotel, The Stamford is a high quality business/leisure hotel. Location above City Hall MRT makes easy and cheap access to local transport. Rooms at higher levels give panoramic views across Singapore. Central location puts many tourist attractions in walking distance

• Classic Room King

This Hotel upgraded us to a room with a balcony on higher floors overlooking Marina Bay. The room is very spacious with a small sitting room(junior suite). Location is excellent and very convenient to get a taxi or a metro subway. All staff are very friendly and courtesy. We'll use this Hotel for our business and leisure clients. Located within a shopping mall with food court and hundred shops. Highly recommended.

• Classic Harbour View King

Better quality for the smoked salmon and pain au chocolat Main Breakfast area too small for the volume of occupants and the secondary option doesn't seem to have the same amount of choice.

View, conveniently located, efficient lifts despites the height

• Premier Harbour View King

Very clean and comfortable renovated room with the view to marina on 19 floor. Free smartphone which you can take with you to the city for calls and internet. Staff is very nice

Everything is perfect!

Reception staff was exceptionally patient and accommodative to our needs. Love the newly renovated Premier Room very much! Magnificent view of the harbour from our room.

• Classic Room King

Signage to gym can be better. Besides, it's too early to close the way back to the hotel. It's odd to walk down to fairmont lobby wet through.

Excellent location, excellent service

• Classic Room King

No hair conditioner was provided. Cleaner advised these rooms are cheaper hence no hair conditioners are provided but only provides it on request. Bath tub yellowy with stains and drainage poor -always a pool of water on my feet when showering. There is a smell in the room. Maybe that's why it needs renovation Guest Fridge storage space for fruits and jiuces were almost non existent

Excellent location with MRT right underneath. Excellent view from the room Staff very polite and helpful

• Classic Room King

The gym is in the next hotel

The location is A-plus. Walking distance to Garden by the Bay, the Sands Hotel and Casino and high end shopping. The convention center and a hawker’s food center are on premises.

• Classic Room King

We are very pleased to report that the staff provided excellent service, ever helpful. Always with a smile - very genuine. Kudos to the team who help train and instil the importance of customer service to the excellent level that is seen by the hotel guests. In this competitive market, one needs to shine above the rest. And I believe your staff has what it takes to make the stay for all your guests memorable.

• Classic Harbour View King

The Equinox restaurant menu is nice but not to my taste pattern at all. The chef tries to come up with something interesting but misses the point of a European Restaurant Menu. The Pool area is not for sport rather for leisure

The Japanese Restaurant is amazing ... FOOD and STAFF :-) ... otherwise, the VIEW and Breakfast Pancakes and Roomservice.

Browse Swissotel The Stamford traveller photo gallery