Reviews of Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

25 Marine Parade, Katong, 449536 Singapore, Singapore

#54 of 448 hotels in Singapore

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Had a great time!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Access to the pool - having to walk past the coffee house was kind of weird.

Decor and cleanliness of the room. Staff were very friendly. Loved the location.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Loved the size of the room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I can not fault the place. I really enjoyed my stay

Loved the size of the room. Fantastic bed. Friendly staff. Bus stop ( Roxy Place) straight outside the hotel that takes you straight into the heart of S’pore. Loved the suburb too - nice little cafes and eateries - best vegan restaurant- the loving Hut in Joo Chiat Road. Despite the good location the hotel was very quiet as it’s set back a bit from the main road and it’s Only a short taxi trip to Changi Airport . Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Me and my children aged 33,27,22 enjoyed very much!

First of all staff, they are so friendly, Effa she is lovely person, we had access to lounge room 24 hours, free shuttle to and from airport, evening cocktail with delicious food, greetings with small gifts, I like everything in this hotel, will stay every time I visit Singapore and recommend to my friends. Thank you wonderful team- staff of the hotel and GM :)

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

I hope that management of this hotel will take seriously the sincere at no cost advice.
    • Peranakan Club

The hotel location and staff are excellent but this hotel had a big problem during my staying and no one could help. Internet was terrible and disturbed my work. It was unstable and not lasting more than 30 minutes sometimes. The reception offered a mobile solution but which also had same limitations. I ended up baying a local SIM card and using my one phone as a Personnel Hotspot which of course cost me additional money. For information to everyone, I stayed there for 13 nights and I booked an executive room. The other issue is that I had a room in the 5th floor but the executive lounge in in the 6th floor while the restaurant is in the 4th floor. I had the strong and not agreeable smell of the kitchen in my floor, access to the lounge only using the elevator which reduces the opportunities and worst a nice balcony as shown on the web but not enjoyable view at all. In my view, the management of the hotel need two things: engage a professional to make a marketing study and come up with a marketing plan that meet customers needs and implement reliable procedures to ensure customers needs in terms of cleanliness, food and amnesties are constantly measured and met with an acceptable level of satisfaction. No one is asking for things to be perfect but everyone deserve to get what they paid for. In my case had a terrible experience in a luxurious room and no choice to change anything for 13 nights.

Location and staff are wonderful.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Would have been excellent but mars by the loss!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Strangely my friend lost 03 pieces of undies!!!! Highlighted to front desk as a precautionary action to monitor staff!

Acceded to my request for room away from lift! Quite/comfy/clean!

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

That it's literally next to a mall, and convenience...
    • Family Room

The way the shower is set up, the door to the bathroom does not lock properly, and the toilet faces the door.

That it's literally next to a mall, and convenience store/market is just below.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

this is our fourth stay in this lovely hotel, and we will be coming back next year!

nothing!

as always, very helpful staff. Room comfortable in every way, hotel is quiet, Katong is an excellent district for restaurants and bars and only 10 to 15 mins into town, either bus or taxi. We will definitely come back here.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Stylish lobby and room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I explicitly asked for a double bed at time of booking, however we were given twin beds with no possibility of changing the room. The staff was somewhat rude when we checked in. Light switches work funny, hard to figure them out.

Stylish lobby and room. Area not close to MRT but nice, lots of decent cafes and restaurrants nearby, coastal park is 15 min walk. Good mattresses.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Excellent hotel

Nothing to dislike

I always enjoy staying at Village Hotel Katong. It's a great location, just a little bit away from the busy centre but only $8-12 grab ride from everywhere you need to go. The rooms are spacious and clean, and well designed and good layout.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Overall a great place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good but not up to my expectations.

Great location, friendly staff, we upgraded to a club room, large, clean and comfortable, lots of shopping and restaurants nearby,

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Aside the hotel restaurant, everything else was great
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Well, we tried the lobster laksa at the restaurant of the hotel and I am almost sure that it wasn't fresh. Woke up many times at night to throw up. Terrible choice. In the morning we talked to the manager and they didn't even bother to refund at least the cost of the dinner. The hotel wifi kept breaking 5 in 5 minutes also. I am sure that my experience would be a lot better if if weren't for the dinner.

The neighbourhood was really nice and it is very well located, there are tons of very good restaurants nearby! Peaceful, quiet and very relaxing stay. Would definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

The area behind the hotel is worth Some exploration.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Don’t pay 26 sing dollar for breakfast, find a brekkiespot in the Katong area behind the hotel

The area behind the hotel is worth Some exploration. Very Nice restaurants Too. Pool and gym are Nice! Shuttle service is a plus

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Pleasnt and enjoyable though it was too short.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not at the moment. I will return the next time and be able to give you my comment. As I have been a regular at Village Hotel (Changi) I need to give you a more realisstic comment.

Clean environment, friendliness, easy availibility by public transport and easy access to Tnjong Katong Road.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

we will certainly return to this excellent hotel

nothing at all

we have stayed here several times, we love Katong, it has great character, and so many restaurants and bars just outside the hotel, a supermarket down below, and the hotel staff are always attentive and helpful. Rooms are quiet too. Taxi stand at the Mall nearby, otherwise easy to take a bus to the city centre.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

It's a good hotel. Gave me good support for emergency medical service of my wife
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The internet is awfully slow. We couldn't even use it and switched to mobile network! Should improve furniture and interior of rooms.

Value for money

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Room was super spacious.

Nothing at all.

Room was super spacious. The guest officer upgraded me to the lounge floor due to room availability. Thank you. Clean and air con was just right.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

We loved our stay and would stay again. The room was great and the staff were fantastic,
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had an excellent three night stay at the V Hotel Katong. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, the room was spacious and very clean. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends and would stay their again in a heartbeat. Located close to restaurants and shopping and it will be even better with the planned MRT station is up and running.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Great staff, gave us a very welcoming feeling throughout our...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A small downside is that the location is a bit further away from the city center (around 5 km which equaled a 10-15 min taxi ride of 10-15 SGD at that time). The in-house restaurant was very nice but a little bit on the pricey side

Great staff, gave us a very welcoming feeling throughout our stay. We had a small problem with the room at first and the staff didn’t hesitate to give us another room and a free upgrade. The hotel has very nice facilities as well.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

The beds were amazingly comfortable and they allowed us to...
    • Family Room

From the outside and the entrance the hotel looks a bit run down The room service offer was quite limited

The beds were amazingly comfortable and they allowed us to check in early

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

better to call to confirm your request is first being made
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was left without choice but to accept the increased charges during check in otherwise I would have to make do with 2 single bed.

nothing with such a start

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

I would definitely stay there again.
    • Club King Room

Breakfast was a little disappointing mainly as most of the food was cold. I arrived late afternoon and left early in the morning so I was not affected by the renovation works but I would check whether this was ongoing the next time if I was to stay longer.

I chose a club room which provided finger foods, cocktails and breakfast. The cocktails and finger foods were very good and included wine and soft drinks. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Day shift staffs, during check in and check out- both ladies...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Lady receptionist (night shift) - I personally ask her for a fresh bathing towel to send to my room -didn’t get it :(

Day shift staffs, during check in and check out- both ladies very polite friendly answering my query give suggestions

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Great value hotel in lovely area
    • Peranakan Club

We booked a club room, which was very spacious. We enjoyed going to the Club lounge for pre dinner drinks etc. We arrived at the hotel around 9am and were given our key card about 1 hour later, for which we were very grateful. A late checkout was also offered, as well as use of the pool and gym facilities after check-out.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

An awesome and amazing experience....Wow!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only thing I would say needs improvement is adding more universal sports & news channels (CNN, Aljezera, etc). That’s about it

Awesome & professional hotel staff. Very courteous & always willing to help. From the time I took the bus shuttle to the hotel, the check-in, the assistance & service extended during my stay & check-out was amazing....everyone was so helpful & courteous making my stay memorable. Wow & Well Done, guys! Also the hotel location is so perfect and super convenient.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Spacious room in a calm location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room was very damp and humid. One day, when leaving for a few hours, we decided to turn off the A/C to save energy. When we came back everything was damp. This also happened when it was raining and the A/C was turned on. We realized that it was due to the balcony sliding doors not being properly sealed. This also caused the smell of cooking from the houses below to seep into the room. During our stay, the staff (especially the housekeeping staff) were helpful and attentive. However, when we were checking out, the receptionist never asked us how our stay was- just told us that we had already paid and goodbye! Not the best attitude for a 4 star hotel...

We really appreciated being able to check in early after a very long flight. Also, the free airport shuttle was very convenient for us. The room was very clean and we had a lot of space (we stayed a week and with many bags and did not feel cramped). The hotel is in a small shopping mall with a supermarket on the ground level as well as many great restaurants in the area to explore. There is a bus station right in front of the hotel that takes you to the center in around 30-40 minutes, and a taxi is about 10 minutes.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2018

I will be using this hotel on my next visit to singapre and will highly recomend to family
    • Family Room

I like how the staff respond straight away to when organising a taxis to get around and attraction for my family highly recommend.

The staff was really friendly and helpful especially looking after myself husband n kids

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Value place for a couple of nights.
    • Club King Room

We missed the airport shuttle, didn't want to wait 90 mins for the next one so got a cab, not too costly at $18. The location of hotel is a bit out of general tourist area.

Large room, very comfy king bed, access to the club lounge made getting a snack or drink easy, ok breakfast. Pool area was better in real life than pictures on internet. When we checked in, the room allocated was not what was booked through booking. com but quickly sorted out when I produced the booking details. Good staff at the desk.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Convenient location away from main bustling tourist areas. Nice place, can't ask for more!
    • Family Room

The offerings at the breakfast bar needed more attention to prompt refilling when they are low or have run out. No bacon in the hot breakfast. Soup for self cooking noodles was bland. Hash browns lacked flavour. Not within walking distance to MRT station.

Location to shops and local eateries; bed was comfortable and not too soft or hard (ie. it was perfectly to my liking!). Conveniently located to local shops and eating places which is more authentic to local expectations rather than geared towards tourist tastes.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

The best staycation ever!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pleasant stay. Everything met my expectations.

Big and spacious room. Front desk staff was polite. Received truffle choc even thou my birthday had past. Clean and comfortable!

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a 'homely' hotel in such a bustling city as Singapore is.

Hard to find fault.

An excellently appointed hotel, well positioned for a stopover break and with excellent friendly staff. The Club Lounge was well worth the extra outlay.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Convenient symbiosis of the hotel and small shopping mall.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing special... and that’s the point. The hotel is missing “something special “, it’s just ok.

Convenient symbiosis of the hotel and small shopping mall... there is nice coffee where you can get delicious breakfast. Supermarket can be also handy ;-) Nearest street is full of local and international restaurants. Go there and enjoy the food!

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Everything you need in a hotel in a beautiful part of Singapore.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No nearby access to the MRT but the nearest station is a cheap Grab away anyway. Grabs are cheap as a whole so not a big deal.

Everything, the rooms where more than adequate. The street the hotel is on is beautiful, great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even just a coffee. Friendly atmosphere. Would love to have spent more time there.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

I was upgraded to club room frm deluxe room cos it was my...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Is abit of a walking distance from parkway parade but not really a big issue

I was upgraded to club room frm deluxe room cos it was my birthday which i really appreciate it. Got a little gift of choc truffle from the hotel as well. Thank you so much. The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. The service from the staff are friendly and welcoming too. Stayed for only a night but definitely coming back again

Fabulous ++++++
    • Family Room

Buffet breakfast could do with some improvement. Not a great deal of choice.

Fabulous Hotel, exceptional staff...polite and willing to help at every turn. Recommend to all😁

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

There are numbers of shopping center and restaurants near...
    • Club King Room

Noise level is awful. The only thing i request to the hotel is Quiet room. But i can here huge noise from my next room at 10-1am. I was complaining that and they try to handle with it. But after that I couldn’t sleep anymore. The hotel didn’t mention anything about the problem until I checked out. :(

There are numbers of shopping center and restaurants near around the hotel. Convenient location. Very clean room, House keeping SVC & Staff is superb. :D

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Regenerating, relaxing and comfy
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Out of everything I really liked the friendliness and helpful of the staff. I had funny arrival and departure times and they allowed me early check in and late check out, that made it worthy for the money I paid. I would most definitely stay again and recomend that area of Singapore.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

This is a gem of a hotel set in a great location, there are...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is a gem of a hotel set in a great location, there are small shops, malls and plenty of restaurants located near by as well as convenient bus routes to take you pretty much anywhere you want to go or straight to an MRT station if you prefer. The hotel decor is lovely and the reception always smells amazing! The room we stayed in was really great with everything you need for a small family as well as very clean with lovely finishes. The staff at this small hotel are superb especially Anne who managed our booking both times we stayed.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit worn off, AC vent was not clean, chair was stained, Bedlight fixture was loose, Breakfast buffet could be improved. Found it frustrating to pay 17$ for a breakfast at the reception and being asked to pay an extra 3$ for a cappuccino.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Cute hotel in Katong with Halal Certified Restaurant
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our family love this hotel, the breakfast buffet is delicious, and the most important thing is halal certified. Located right in the middle of Katong, walking distance to mall and restaurants.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean
    • Family Room

AC wasn’t working properly. Rooms are a little tired looking. Food was not very good. We were asked to pay cash for the room service which was a little awkward.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Everything.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything. Very warm and helpful staff, great room with very nice and roomy rain shower and vanity, extremely good quality bed, nice view. Super location for the best of local food and ambience, very close to excellent shopping and the ocean park.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Lovely spot.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Showers definitely needed updating.

Beds were a bit hard for my husband and daughter but not me. Close to some delicious restaurants. Chemist, supermarket close by.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Great spot!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Showers needed updating as the silicon was black and mouldy looking. The minibar fridge barely kept my medication cold. No drinks in minibar.

Comfortable bed. Lovely, helpful staff. Good size room. Great location.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Far East Properties delivers excellent hospitality regardless of race or nationality.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool may not be child friendly.Parents must be attentive to your children while at the pool.Pool jacuzzi would be nice.

Far East Hospitality never dissappoints.Property looks weary from the outside but inside it exudes a fresh modern furnishings wz a touch of peranakan vibes.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Great spot on a busy road with a shopping mall on the first floor!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pool was nice, even though they were doing construction it was still very chill. The steam room was great, and the gym, though small was still very nice. I really enjoyed the fact that there is a whole MALL attached to the lobby and you can get anything you need.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Staycation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I don’t like climbing the ramp to the hotel lobby, feels unsafe 🤣

The room is so spacious! The staff look like they enjoy working there, and were so gracious!! To reduce waiting time, they upgraded us to a Super massive Peranakan room (this is the most absolutely amazing room there) and we are so thankful for it. There’s a Super convenient NTUC downstairs to buy food + stuff

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Breakfast was good (23 SGD).
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff is very slow. Not only once, but almost all work was slow.

Breakfast was good (23 SGD). Location is good since it is between the airport and downtown, and assume you take taxi. Clean hotel, there is market at ground floor. Can't go up without key usually. View from the balcony was good at my side. They don't razor in rooms or at fronts. Be prepared. I bought it at the market.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

My 1st time to stay in this hotel but based on previous...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My 1st time to stay in this hotel but based on previous ratings they do have amazing ratings for cleanliness, accessibility & family friendly. And in my 5 day stay there, they really did exceeded my expectations. Great location since there are a lot (i really mean A LOT) of restaurants around!! (Try the delicious boneless chicken inside katong mall not the fanciest ambience but definitely 5star rating for their chicken rice!!!!) Also they is shopping places nearby like the I12 katong that has a play area for kids, restaurants as well & boutiques even a cinema! They also have a grocery store attached to the hotel no need to go out of the streets. Next the rooms are huge and very clean (we saw them once cleaning one of the rooms & they move up the beds, removed the carpet then mopped the entire floor) for a very decent prize. I have a 5 year old & a 10month old plus 4 elderly and i should say that we’re so comfortable in this place. Lastly, the staff are amazing!! Very friendly, very accommodating and always in a positive good mood! They all try their best to accommodate our needs. We requested for same floor rooms (we booked 3 rooms), two of them connecting, plus baby crib & baby bathtub and everything was delivered! Perfect service i should say. They are also vey helpful especially with booking for a cab/grab. Yes it’s kinda far from the city itself but who cares, there’s no traffic so everything is within 15-25 minutes drive. Would definitely recommend this place and would really go back here the next time we visit Singapore. Another plus is that they have free shuttle to & from the airport!

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Great location, near the beach with easy airport access and quiet.

Exceeded our expectations.

The pool area had a large deck for an early morning workout and adjacent small gym. Great location not too far from the airport and close to the beach. Will stay there again.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Best. Water. Pressure. Ever!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No laundry coin machines in the hotel or nearby. Nearest one is 15mins walking distance.

Loved the shower in the bedroom. It’s like showering under a waterfall. Best location! Inside a mall and close to 328 Katang Laksa

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

It was comfortable, cozy and staff are nice and professional
    • Peranakan Club

I don’t like that we’ve been put on a lower level where I asked for upper or higher floor during the booking. They should let people know right away if there isn’t available upper floor in the place.

I like that staff give us 2 more hrs extension to check out as a complementary due to our flight schedule. And free laundry for 2 pcs of clothes.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

good choice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

thank you very much village hotel katong. we had a wondeful time at your place. its very clean , easy accesible and very friendly staffs. keep up the good work.

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Good
    • Family Room

Open car park and car park entrance don’t have cover. during raining when open car window to tag the cash card I will get wet .

Swimming pool, location nearby a lot of nice food restaurant

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

A great stay

Free lollies and biscuits at the frontdesk, free shuttle to and from the airport, excellent location to explore on foot, 10min drive to Gardens By The Bay!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

I love everything about Village Hotel Katong and its why...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I love everything about Village Hotel Katong and its why when I travel to Singapore I always stay at the Village Hotel Katong. It’s convenient, close to the shops and there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. The staff are also very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Convenient to explore f&b outlets nearby.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool is not kid friendly.

Convenient to explore f&b outlets nearby. Thank you for the upgrade to deluxe room. Spacious bathroom & bedroom.

My Birthday
    • Peranakan Club

Front counter Miss Anne was very polite and jovial! And due to my birthday on the next day, ( was check-in the day before) was given a box of chocolates! Anc Miss Anne wished me Happy Birthday whrn happen to meet at front counter.

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Good hotel in East Parkway area/Katong with excellent service and facilities
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. I would happily stay again and the hotel served me well for everything I could have asked for.

Good hotel in well-maintained condition near to numerous Katong restaurants and entertainment area. Good service and easy access. The room is spacious with small balcony and excellent facilities including a fancy tablet entertainment system.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

This was the 3rd time i was staying in the hotel in the past...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This was the 3rd time i was staying in the hotel in the past 1 year. After constant request for early check in, i still wasnt given the same and as a result had to go for a double delux room at a higher rate this time. The first 2 times i had to wait until 1pm for the check in. This was a big set back for me. KINDLY ENSURE NEXT TIME THAT WHEN YOU HAVE SOMEONE WITH A GENIUS RATING ON BOOKING.COM AND YOU SAY THAT YOU WILL HAVE AN EARLY CHECK IN AND LATE CHECK OUT, THE SAME IS INFORMED AND IMPLEMENTED AT THE HOTELS END AS WELL OTHERWISE ITS OF NO USE AND NEXT TIME WILL GET MY BOOKING DONE THROUGH SOME OTHER AGENT OR WEBSITE

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

All good except the bus shuttle driver behaviuor.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The driver of the shuttle bus to the airport: he was totally rude with us, behaving as we had done something bad, throwing out our luggage and not replying on purpose our salutations. Think as ours was the last service and my group was the only one to carry, he felt angry with us. Unadmittable. I told about it to the people at reception at the hotel, but they did not pay much attention. Additional bed: overcharged prices, too expensive.

Very good rooms and facilities, Prefesional staff at the hotel.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Good value for a family of 4.
    • Family Room

Good value for a family of 4. Clean, comfortable, free airport shuttle and late checkout a bonus. Could use the pool and facilities on day of departure

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Clean, large and well decorated room.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I hate air con and it was turned on very low in the room when we arrived. When we tried to heat the room up by opening the windows everything got damp. Everything else was great

Clean, large and well decorated room. Good location.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

The beds were really comfortable.
    • Family Room

We didn’t eat at the restaurant but I didn’t love that the only choice was buffet eating. There were plenty of places to choose from outside though..,,

The beds were really comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Great stay. Recommended if you would like to have a small room party.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The view isn’t that spectacular as there are several old buildings in the area. The balcony is also dated. The comfort and cleanliness of the room made up for both.

I had a room upgrade as it was my Birthday.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Very comfortable, and is in line with pricing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food is not included, and the breakfast is very expensive. It is a nice breakfast with a lot of choice, however still very expensive. I may be mistaken but I believe it was 35 $S per person. Due to it's location we did eat in, and it was a good breakfast, but it's certainly the up-sell. The views are not existent, it's just a hotel area, but can't win them all.

The hotel is situation not to far from the eastern coast park area (About 20 mins walk) however except for that it is situation away from the made tourist part of town. It costs about 10 S$ to get to town and takes 10-15 mins. The rooms are very nice, relaxed and spacious. However they are fitting to the price of the place. It was as expected. The staff downstairs are very helpful for sorting out taxi's for you, as well as the airport shuttle which is included, and runs punctually and frequently. In fact they said if there were issues they would arrange other transport. They also went beyond what they had to provide, and we were leaving late in the afternoon for the airport. They stored luggage and on returning to the hotel after the day out, offered use of the pool showers for sorting ourselves out before heading off.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Did the job
    • Family Room

Family room quite smalll, 2 doubles quite close to each other, pool over chlorinated

Modern. Clean, close to airport, good breakfast all to a good international brand / corporate type standard

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

It was a superb stay and would definitely go back there .
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I really lilke the location because it is close to the airport. The mall and restaurants are also nearby just a few minutes walk. Our room was big and beds were comfy. It was very clean too. The hotel staff were friendly, polite and did all their best to accommodate all our requests.

Fantastic family trip.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were so helpful and friendly, always smiling. We travelled with my 7 year old daughter who loved the free sweeties from the bowl at reception. The beds were super comfy and the rooms are bright and airy. Katong is a lovely area with plenty of shops and restaurants near by and only 10 minutes outside the city. Taxi's were cheap (sd$15) each way into the city. I fell in love with Singapore and would definitely stay here again. We upgraded to a club room which was worthy every penny. Free drinks and food yum.

Value For Money - High on Comfort & Easy on Budget
    • Family Room

Sadly, the location will be an issue for travelers who like taking trains. The property is not near any MTR station.

Village Hotel Katong is a really good value-for-money property. Whether for business or leisure, this would be an excellent choice. Breakfast buffet is pretty good with a reasonable amount of choices. The staff are helpful, and they make the effort to attend to your needs. There are numerous dining options nearby, and there are malls within walking distance. There are a lot of hotels to choose from in Singapore, and one cannot go wrong with this one!

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

If I visit Singapore again, I will end up staying at Village Hotel Katong for sure!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I couldn't find any, but the breakfast could have been a bit cheaper and it would have been fantastic if the pool was open late night!

- Early Check-In facility, after reaching the hotel at 8AM in the morning. - The staffs were very friendly. - Letting visitors to take a shower at their Gym, after even after checking out.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

Great stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The upper part of the mineral water given in the room was crack and caused injury as we tried to open it and didn't noticed the crack. However, the staff at the front desk apologised to us when we told her the incident.

* Free shuttle bus from Changi Airport to the hotel. * The hotel is at a strategic location. Easy access to the shopping centres and the shops around. * Late check out as per request. * Promptly email reply from the hotel management.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Hotel was clean and well maintain.
    • Family Room

Hotel was good but parking was hell. It was such a hassle. Our NETS card cant be read a few times. STAFF KEEP GIVING US WRONG INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THE FREE PARKING TICKET. We stucked a couple of times at the gate, and it took ages for the parking staff to come and help us. Staff at counter do not explain about parking ticket correctly. However, there was one friendly Malay senior staff helped us through. He is the only helpful one (he's not the counter staff and he sit at the concierge). Check-in took ages.... We requested for early checked-in. Since the hotel didn't confirm, we arrived at 3 anyway. Our room was only ready at 3.50pm! No welcome drinks, nothing to compensate for making us wait 50mins for no reason other than 'we are in the process of cleaning up the room'.

Hotel was clean and well maintain.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Great staff, handy for the airport and good local shops
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, especially Clemence, who was always polite and tried to answer all my needs. The airport shuttle is very useful and the driver was also very helpful. It’s also good, if you have an evening flight, to be able to leave luggage and come back, use the showers to tidy up after a long hot day and hop on the shuttle. Although it’s not close to an mrt there are lots of shopping malls nearby and some good cafes and restaurants and it’s nice to be situated in the community rather than tourist area. It’s easy to walk to East Coast Park too. We had an upgrade (maybe because we’ve stayed there several times) to a Peranakan suite, which was delightful, thank you.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Next time to stay again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit far from MTR... however Grab taxi (like Uber) solve all problem and more comfortable then Mtr So basically nothing we didn't not like it...

Good comfortable place In addition roaming phone was provided which made life easy... no need to buy local sim 20 min from airport and sentosa and city centre Nearby shops have a good feeling during evening walk Not crowded

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Clean and comfy, very helpful staff who arranged on my...

Nil

Clean and comfy, very helpful staff who arranged on my request an adjoining room before my arrival. Overall good experience with the stay, will definitely come back.

Browse Village Hotel Katong by Far East Hospitality Traveler Photo Gallery