Reviews of The Scarlet Singapore 4 stars

33 Erskine Road, Chinatown, 069333 Singapore, Singapore

#79 of 475 hotels in Singapore

Sumptuous decor right in heart of Chinatown!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Long walk to our room was surreal down a scarlett corridor - but if that's only negative then fine!

Great location near Chinatown and Hawker market on corner. We ate in the Hawker centre for breakfast each day. Able to walk around the city easily. Room comfortable, clean, lovely decor. Great hotel.

Very interesting old world building, friendly staff and very central to places of interest
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The building had some interest floor levels that could be bit of a challenge for older people with luggage

It was an interesting style building with old style decor. The staff were friendly and helpful Very close to Chinatown and other places of interest

Fine, but not as good as it once was. I'll try somewhere else next time.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The facilities are basic. The rooftop bar is a disappointment: no atmosphere and limited hours. The lounge is similarly dull, and there's no option of breakfast in one's room. Avoid the beauty salon - a real rip-off.

A very good location in Chinatown, with friendly service.

All in all, fabulous location, and a very pleasant stay. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The toilet seat was loose/broken and the shower head was a rain shower head. I don't wash my hair every night and don't like getting my head wet if I don't need to. There's no lip to the shower to stop the water from "flooding" the bathroom floor.

Being greeted by a cold welcome drink and an ice cold washer to help freshen up on arrival. The ambience of the entire hotel, it is very beautifully decorated. I liked that the hotel didn't look sterile, where each room is the same. The room looked great as well. The location was brilliant, couldn't have wanted a better location. The staff were super friendly and helpful.

Room although fairly small is well furnished in a...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Breakfast is disappointing, overpriced and the range is very limited. To be fair breakfast is taken in the cafe on the ground floor which is franchised out by the hotel. But for this reason alone I would probably stay elsewhere on future visits to Singapore.

Room although fairly small is well furnished in a distinctive way. Staff are helpful.

We only stayed for one night, from what we saw of the hotel...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little bit too hard, but that is more of a preference than anything else. The bathroom was clean and the place was tidy.

We only stayed for one night, from what we saw of the hotel and the area, the place was great! In the rooms they have portable devices with discount codes and maps so that you can find your way around, really nice touch to the stay. Staff were really friendly.

The location is great.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Take a room away from employee/ housekeeping rooms and the elevator. The walls are thin, so being near the constant 'ping' of the elevator or the opening and closing of the doors can be slightly frustrating especially if your're a light sleeper

The location is great. Lots of places to eat/drink at walking distance. walking distance from blue line (purple and green line also if you are of average fitness) Metro stops. The rooms are comfortable

Excellent location, room had everything you could need.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Little or no natural light. This was clear when booked, but did not realise how much I miss a view and light.

Excellent location, room had everything you could need.

Great location and beautiful decor.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I like to sleep in the dark and the room we were in had a skylight so it was light early which meant I didn’t sleep as well as I would have liked.

Great location and beautiful decor.

A sign on the reception saying best new hotel 2015 sums it up, need to move on & revamp its 2018
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Views from room poor. Facilities tired and minimal. Coffee in cafe worst I’ve tasted and over priced. Hotel over priced for the level of presentation and facilities.

The location and staff

Bad smell everywhere!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff are not prepared enough, rude and had no idea about hospitality! Rooms are really very very small, you notice the absence of a leader, hotel is dirty and the Bar in the roof is just a disaster!

Only location is ok

Great price, and even better location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location of this hotel could not have been more perfect, a minutes walk from bars and restaurants and only a 10/15 minutes from all the major sights of Singapore. The room was spotless and was cleaned everyday. Staff were so helpful and the hotel is ideal for a couple.

Had a lovely stay at the Scarlet hotel!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Had a lovely stay at the Scarlet hotel! Perfect location for us, we loved Chinatown and not loud and busy as we had originally thought it would be! Also easy to get to other places in Singapore on the MRT! Staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and spacious for a couple. Also loved the boutique decor, something a bit different but still feels luxurious!

Great location for a stopover in Singapore.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfasts could have been better. Try the Maxwell Centre close by for an Asian breakfast experience.

Good location in Chinatown. Nice roof terrace restaurant and bar.

The location is great. Short stroll to markets and bars/cafes.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Bed was hard, I ordered a balcony room - the balcony faced the carpark next door. The room was quite dark even with curtains wide open.

Shower was great. Staff were excellent. Location was great.

I would not stay again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is dated and old, the room was small and the bed hard and linen not nice at all. The location was noisy. I stayed at the Ann Siang House next door for one night which was a lot better.

Definitely A Place To Come Again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nope . I'm absolutely happy for choosing my stay over at The Scarlet Singapore .

The staff were very helpful. Lovation wise was convenient. The hotel was very comfortable . Basically a great environment to spend your day . Definitely will never regret it .

Well designed hotel in Singapore.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The property held my room well after check-in time due to my delayed flight. The room was wonderful and even included a local smartphone for me to use if I had the opportunity to. The hotel is really well designed also.

Fantastic location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms were small and cramped. The bathroom was tired and needed better drainage in the shower.

Fantastic location. Staff were friendly and helpful and attentive. Beds were very comfortable.

Great hotel... shocking service
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff - REALLY bad experience at check in, staff wanted to debate everything. We discovered later there are restaurants; it would have nice to know. Returned to the room at 6pm after a long day and room hadn't been serviced. We needed towels, toiletries, etc so called reception. I eventually walked to reception to collect them. All we received was, "Sorry, we are at 100% capacity and housekeeping were busy." If we had been in a cheap room, I could have accepted cheap service. We are voting with our feet. Instead of booking back in for tonight we are going to So Sofitel

Love the hotel. Unfortunately, it was let down by its staff.

Very chic boutique hotel in a great location and reasonable rates. I would definitely stay here on m
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My room was right next to a bright streetlight which shone through the blinds in the bathroom, and the bathroom door was made of frosted glass! I prefer a dark room to sleep in so that wasn’t ideal. The staff were all pleasant and friendly but slightly bizarrely, when I first went to go to my room, I was about to get into the lift when the receptionist came running over and stopped me. He then directed me to another lift which was the “way to room”. I then walked the length of the hotel and all the way back again to discover my room was only 5metres away from the first lift!

Fantastic location, right next to the Maxwell Road hawker Centre and at the end of Chinatown on one side and on the other the bars and restaurants on Ann Siang Hill. Set in old Art Deco buildings that have been very nicely restored, the inside has a chic boudoir feel... I especially liked the “do not disturb” signs. As seems to be standard, the hotel had a helpful “Handy” phone which you could take with you to make calls and book taxis without spending a fortune. I have free data roaming in S’pore so didn’t try it but I imagine it would be super useful if you didn’t.

So good I almost missed my flight home
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar could've been open a bit later.

The room was lovely with all the complimentary amenities. Great big comfy bed and extra helpful staff. I was early checking in and I was able to store my luggage till my room was ready and when I picked up my room key my bag was already waiting for me in my room.

I’ve booked before and for the same price I paid previously...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

I’ve booked before and for the same price I paid previously was put into a much smaller room. When I enquired why they said they could not answer because there was no night manager on duty on a Sunday night. I was offered another room the next day which was bigger so kudos to them on that but the room had, at best, sporadic WiFi connection due to its location. The WiFi is great in other rooms but this one was literally non-existent. Not happy with my stay this time and I’ve been there many times. Disappointing.

Average- preferred to be out of the hotel and only use it for sleeping
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Gym very small - more than 2 at a time was near impossible as you had to walk over each other

The rooms were a little tired Breakfast was awful - it was not fresh looking and i could not eat it so i had breakfast elsewhere

Great hotel on the edge of Chinatown
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A really nice hotel on the edge of Chinatown, so there are lots of good bars and restaurants really close by. The room was very comfortable and the staff were particularly friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay again as the location and quality of the hotel is excellent.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My room was ground floor and probably due to property location couldn’t have a window. I was also supposed to receive a complimentary drink on arrival but didn’t get one. Had to carry my own bags to my room which were heavy and wasn’t even offered any help even though there were two staff behind the counter and no customers around and my room was just down the hall.

Excellent location in central Chinatown handy to everything.

Fine but probably would not stay here again with family.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Long dimly lit corridor to faraway lift with unusual smell. also some adult referenced things like do not disturb sign which had sexual connotations that was a bit unnecessary. Decor starting to look a bit tired also.

Good location.

Perfect service and organisation
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food (mainly at discoveries 5) and missing a small ledlight in our room. At celebrity constelation we had a small ledlight in our room that wasn’t disturbing when we were sleeping and gave enough light for finding your way in the unknown stateroom and bathroom. When the climatecontrol at Azamara was cooling our room there was a small blue led illuminated, that was enough to find your way at night in your stateroom, unfortenatly that wasn’t always illuminated.

Captain, officers , patio-grill crewmembers, organisation, service, atmosphere onboard

Unique & quirky property ... walking to Chinatown district. Clean. Staff super friendly - delight!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed we found was wayyyy too firm for us. Everything was clean & compact - westerners used to a little more space.

Location was where we wanted - Chinatown area.

Classy, sexy and genuinely unique
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This place has real style which more than made up for the tiny footprint. The hotel bar and restaurants were also fantastic - very unique - not like the usual bland offerings you expect from in-house dining. On top of this, we were in the heart of Chinatown so everything was in walking distance.

The location is great - lots of restaurants and great...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The people. They did not do anything to make you feel special or welcome. The rooms downstairs did not have windows and smelt musty - we had to change. We asked for an evening turn down and all they did was replace some towels.

The location is great - lots of restaurants and great ambience. The Italian Restaurant was nice.

OK for the price but not somewhere I would book again.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff weren’t particularly friendly, no room service or minibar available after 10:30pm, room decor was a bit tired and little/no natural light. Meant to be one of Singapore’s most romantic hotels but wouldn’t rush back.

Arrived late at night, decor of reception area was very stylish, great location.

Great boutique hotel but needs a softer bed
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

For a deluxe size, the room was modest in terms of size and the bed was very hard.

The location of the hotel is perfect for those looking to explore the more traditional side of Singapore. In the middle of Chinatown and the bar district, it’s a short walk to Boat Quay and the river walk. The rooftop dining option is great and provides a different view of Singapore.

not bad but a lot of improvements.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

- room is not cleanliness, Carpet didn’t clean for 5 days. - Towel and Razor replace every 2 days - light broken

- Easy to go food cour. - Many shops for shopping - Short distance to MRT

Good location, poor insulation and small rooms.

The rooms were tiny (we had 2 different ones as the first was located right beside a service door and staff were outside chatting in the hallway in the morning and woke us up), and the walls paper thin. Also, the atmosphere and style of the place had us convinced for the first little while that we’d booked a room in a high class brothel. Also, I asked to borrow a pair of scissors and had to sign a loan form before being allowed to take them to my room... this was a little offensive.

The location was excellent, and the hotel provided a complimentary smart phone.

Really lovely boutique hotel and the location was perfect.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The wifi could've been better since I didn't get to use it. I am using an iphone and when I asked the reception they just said that there should be wifi in all the rooms. My friend who is using an android phone didn't have any problem so it could just be me. The people at the reception could've been more helpful as when we were trying to check in, we had to wait for almost an hour and we noticed other people were checked in before we were. It could be because our room was not ready yet but when we followed it up with those at the reception, they told us that the room was already ready and we were checked in in the next 5 minutes. It just looked like they forgot to check with us again.

the location was perfect, it was near everything we wanted to see. The bed in the hotel was also really good and comfortable. The bathroom and toilet were spotless and well-equipped. The hotel lobby was also quite unique and instagrammable if you're into those kind of things. Very accurate pictures from the site.

Would certainly use again.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Mouldy shower a bit of a let down. Minibar not refilled over 3 days.

Staff were great. Early check-in was greatly appreciated. Hotel has a funky vibe - a nice change from the big hotels. Great location.

To expensive for what it is.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The down floor rooms were under the street level with small windows of 30cm height above head level. Claustrophobic. The concierge was reluctant to help with little things like checking out an hour later.

Nothing really except the location.

Nice staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room was dirty (hairs on the floor, seemed like not vacuumed), tiny shower - big enough over all but the space you need to stand in to get water is tiny. Can hear the noise of the rooms next door. I Came back from outside at 5pm to a dirty room, not cleaned - which was strange but I decided not to make a fuss of it and rested a bit before leaving again. Came back again at 9 or so after dinner to find this time the room was cleaned.. a bit weird that housekeeping was happening so randomly and felt a bit like my privacy was infringed (because I was not expecting for someone to come into the room at that time, I had not closed my suitcase, etc)

Nice staff

We loved the Hotel, we loved Singapore and we will be going back.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

We had initially booked into the Roof Top Restaurant for dinner, and on arriving at the Hotel, we went up to see the Restaurant, and were very disappointed to find that it was apparently not open and apparently had not been used for some period of time. Being booked in for the next evening, we cancelled. However, as I said above, we did have a meal in the Hotels Ground Floor Italian Restaurant, and this was absolutely superb.

This Hotel is very special, and beautifully designed. It is in a fabulous location, right in Chinatown, with many interesting Temples, Old Houses etc close by - plus also the shopping at Chinatown was such fun. It is also only a short walk to the Bay. We had dinner on our last night at the Hotel Restaurant, and have to say, although a little pricey, it was absolutely outstanding and we would definitely go again.

Loved the customer service, we were greeted daily with...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Loved the customer service, we were greeted daily with smiles and helpful service. The bed was big and wonderful to sleep on. Also great pillows. Room taken care of daily. Great location to get around. Room was exactly as pictures showed.

Really nice hotel in a perfect spot in the middle if...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Really nice hotel in a perfect spot in the middle if chinatown. The renovation is carried out really nice and gives the houses a nice flair. Topping it all off was the staff: extremly kind and helpfull with any request.

Expensive but great location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit small but adequate for the three nights we were there. Breakfast wasn't included - we had it one morning but it wasn't value for money. Better to eat out in Chinatown! The location - in Chinatown - was the best thing about this hotel.

Meet the minimum expectation but hoping for better.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

I cannot stand the the pungent smell at the lobby (it may be fragrance to some but not me).

The premier room is big but smaller than what I see on website picture.

This hotel is sexy and sweet!
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Bellman was more or less useless.

Sincerely helpful front desk crew. Unique hotel design. Perfect location. Free iPhone in room. Roomy shower stall with great water pressure.

Nice boutique hotel in excellent location, helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent location - on the edge of Chinese district, walking distance to the Bay. Nice interior, quiet room, food court 100 meters away. Good value for money.

The design of the hotel is unique.

With so many awards and good review, wonder is my expectation too high. I booked a standard room, was upgraded to deluxe room. But the hotel combine 2 single beds into a king size bed. The joint between the bed was not set up properly, had a hard time sleep on it. The air con in the room is not strong as well despite a full fan speed with Low temperature adjusted.

The design of the hotel is unique.

Staff were very good and very helpful.

Our room was a standard room which did not have a window which felt a little strange.

Staff were very good and very helpful. The room was very clean with nice extras. One extra was a mobile phone to take out with you which had all the attractions programmed into it.

Good for sleeping and near busy nighttime street!

No window! In fact, I don’t think any of the rooms have a window!

Quiet for sleeping but very close to the amazingly lively club street for food and wine!

Perfect location for visiting Singapore.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Perfect location for visiting Singapore. The rooms are nice, although a bit small. When we've checked out from the room, we've forgotten our passports and our wallet with our money in the open safe in the room. We've only realized this a couple of hours later. We went back to the hotel, all our items were waiting for us packed in an envelope at the reception without a missing cent.

Only for both insomniac and short people :)
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

It is presented as a kind of boutique hotel but it is not: - the florring is used and not so clean, - the aircon was almost OOO and very noisy, - - the ceiling was dirty. - I paid extra for a "balcony room" but viewing on a 5 floors car park building. - the jacuzzi is not something you can consider. - forget you privacy - we asked to change room for something quiet but the staff declined pretexting there were fully booked, which was maybe true.

- The location is very central, closed to china town and Club street...but it makes the night super noisy due to roof bars here and there (next door actuzlly). Moreover, the hotel is an old fashioned building whose decoration has been refreshed 5 to 10 years ago i guess but not the system: the door-window in the balcony room was almost impossible to be closed properly. - the beds were good but short for some reasons: my feet were outpassing and i m only 1.80. I guess it is an optimization due to the size of the rooms that are tiny.

Very best location for China town and metro line.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Very best location for China town and metro line. Great variety of restaurants. We had an Executive Room with free mobile phone, robes, slippers, bottled water, mini Bar fridge, great bathroom and comfortable bed.

Good value, however noisy and room had no window.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room had no window!! Noisy at night as the resteraunts and clubs come alive after midnight right behind this hotel, woke me a few times.

Awesome location, 1 minute walk to heart of Chinatown, 5 mins to Downtown City.

Fantastic luxury accommodation and will definitely be returning when we return to Singapore.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooftop bar was a tad expensive for us and there was a small wall in front of the hot tub that blocks most of the view.

Staff were very helpful and always lovely to speak to. Hotel location is so close to Chinatown and 3 MRT stations

Location, location, location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We paid more for the “luxury” option. It had no windows!!

Location, location, location. Right next to China town for great food. Short walk to all the nice stuff in the center of town. Nice, clean, comfortable.

I love this gorgeous boutique hotel. Very nice, excellent location and cannot wait to stay again!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had a window but the view wasn't great but that's to be expected as its only 3 levels high and in Chinatown.

The rooms were very plush and comfortable. Very clean. Also the location was excellent.

The location actually is close to St.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location actually is close to St. Chinatown which I thought it was closer to St. Telok Ayer. But still, the convenient location to everywhere we wanted to go. And thoughtful staff, great design room with elegant amenities provided.I'd love to come back again if there's another chance to visit Singapore.

it is a trap! dont stay there

I slept in a prison cell! I had booked a room with rwo beds and for the first night they gave me one with one bed and no window. Even though they had offered to change us the next day the lady attending us was far feom polite we got two beds and a strip of plastic through which some light could com in. They lost my laundry and whilst they claim they did not for me it is the only plausible explanation. moreover they took ages in responding to my communication requesting information about the laundry. What they try to pass off as a gym is a tiny room with no ventilation in which they have thrown a a treadmil and some weights. Breakfast is far from good.

Not much. Location was good. beds were comfortable.

Room was good, well equipped.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff were not very helpful. We had a couple of questions and the staff would answer before we had finished the question. This led to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding.

Room was good, well equipped.

Nice quirky boutique hotel in the centre of the best food Chinatown has to offer.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would if liked to have been told the room we booked was on the small side

It’s a nicely fitted out hotel in the middle of Chinatown. The staff are more that helpful and made sure we went direct to all the attractions Singapore has to offer without using tour operators.

Nice location, easy to access, friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We got a room in the first floor that didnt have a window and felt claustrophobic. We asked to change room and was able to change the next day when other rooms were available

Nice location, easy to access, friendly staff

The outer look

The maze like insides. The price. The lack of help getting luggage to and from the rooms. Room Service ends at 10/11pm. I was sick and it was very difficult for me to get dinner. They offer a 10min complementary spa session or something but we couldn't avail it because we stayed there on NYE which was a Sunday and left on NY which was a public holiday. Overall very disappointing.

The outer look

Staff is really friendly and helpful, I got an upgrade...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn't see during my booking that there was no window in my room, but i got transferred to a different room, so problem solved. Bathroom cleanliness i would rate 8/10, but i'm a little ocd and see every little stain.

Staff is really friendly and helpful, I got an upgrade because my room had no window, little christmas arrival candy, nice interieur when you're into design,located in china town (many opportunities to eat),mrt station Telok Ayer (or similar) and station China town are 10 min walking distance,PS Cafe just around the corner and "I am awesome" known breakfast spot , phone with internet etc (every guest gets one to use), bathrobe and slippers were provided. All in all, i'd defenitly recommend a stay here (good for a few days).

Getting pushed around.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Getting pushed around. Wanted to change my dates of stay. Went to the hotel to speak to the manager. Manager says have to ask booking.com. Went to booking.com to enquiry and they said have to ask scarlet hotel.

Good hotel, on the expensive side. But they charged €60 for check out 1pm after promise it free!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They try to rip us off! Take care!!! We agreed to check out at 13.00 with no extra cost. But they anyway charged us for half a day. Criminal I would say. Not a big theft, but still they have stolen € 60, and that means hotel is not to be trusted.

Nice place. Room and bed very good.

The Chinatown Heritage Special
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Like all Singapore's hotels, the A.C. is diabolical. Don't ever think you as the first can control it. It's frigid!

Our corporate favourite in Chinatown; professional staff; brilliant restaurant

Lovely hotel just a shame about the jackhammer
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

First room we had was very small and bathroom wasn't very clean and ask if we could move to a bigger room which we did the next day. We found that the outside balcony floor needs a good clean and the noise of the jack hammer below for 10 hours constantly for 2 days was unbearable. I wasn't well so stayed in the hotel room and the noise was unbearable

Love the rooms and the location

A classy place to stay with delightful sassy staff, and great breakfasts.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Lovely historic building at the smart end of Chinatown with easy walk to great food options. Excellent rooms, though my balcony room looked out to he wall of a car park.

Loved every second of this exceptionally clean boutique hotel.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

We didn’t order breakfast as there are so many different places to eat right on the doorstep.

Set in a very popular area, very close to MRT stations. Hotel was spotlessly clean and staff were very welcoming and extremely helpful. Our room was serviced everyday and a lovely touch of an umbrella to use. Also toiletries, bathrobes and slippers, mini bar, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Couldn’t fault the Scarlet Hotel one bit. Our room was situated right by the jacuzzi which was very welcomed in the heat and humidity.

Nice, comfortable hotel near the Chinatown food markets.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The room was a bit underwhelming at first; however, after a few days we liked the room as this was quaint with all the facilities needed. All staff exceptionally nice. Great location near Chinatown.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else but the Scarlet!!

The customer service at Scarlet was excellent and especially one of their staff by the name of Lina. She was very understanding and patient with all my request.

Great!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Scarlet is located 2 min walking distance from Chinatown and 1 min away from club street. For a weekend trip the very best location if you like food and street cafes and bars. The hotel itself is a class if it’s own!

Nice, but feels over priced.

No natural light in room, and no effective white lighting to compensate, only yellow light with the heavily red decor. Phone lines to reception don't work or staff don't respond. A/C dials seem like placebos.

Comfortable bed, nice spacious shower, nice rooftop bar, quiet, good location near bars, restos and hawker center.

Fun and fanciful.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

There was some humming sound in our room, but it was a lovely room and we became used to it.

The staff were very patient, helpful, welcoming and charming.

Excellent location, choose the room carefully...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The picture of the smallest room on booking.com is EXTREMELY misleading. It was so small I could barely open my suitcase, I was super disappointed so I upgraded to the larger suite with balcony which felt like a completely different hotel. If you are not on a strict budget, go for the bigger room. Breakfast wasn't included which I always find incredibly annoying

Location in old town was perfect for a short stay in Singapore