2. Singapore hotel reviews
  3. Singapore hotel reviews
  4. Reviews of Villa Samadhi Singapore by Samadhi

Reviews of Villa Samadhi Singapore by Samadhi This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Labrador Villa Road, 119189 Singapore, Singapore

#21 of 454 hotels in Singapore

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Value for Money
    • Crib

Might a bit hard to arrive by foot.

There's a nice welcome tea (with scones!) when you arrive and free flow cocktail from 6-7PM (though I didn't get to try it cause I had other plans). The notes in the room were also a nice touch. Service and food at breakfast were great.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Old style colonial building of high quality

No swimming pool

Old style colonial building of high quality Very refined atmosphere Beautiful natural location with direct access to the marina. Great service

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

Nice surrounding, nice staff, would stay there again, but in a different room.
    • Crib

The room did not have a window. It had a glass door to the bathroom which had a window, but it still felt like a vault. The most unfortunate was that the air condition did not work properly. And, a small think: the pillows were too thick and hard. The room I used later on that evening, had a jacuzzi and a window. After staying in the Mandarin Oriental in KL for about 60% of the price (I know Singapore is expensive), I would have expected a little more. I found it overpriced.

I was greeted very friendly when I arrived. They even offered some small scones and tea, which was very much welcomed. After being in three big cities, I decided to stay in a quieter neighborhood, forgetting that it would take a taxi ride each time I wanted to go somewhere. But the garden and the setting was very peaceful and nice. As my flight only left at midnight, the hotel was friendly enough to store my luggage and even give me a room to shower again before I left. That was great. Thank you for that. The room itself had nice furniture and a comfortable mattress.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Rejuvenating Retreat
    • Crib

It’s halfway around the world from home.

The charm and elegance of this Black and White styled villa takes you back in time. Because it’s situated adjacent to the Labrador Nature Reserve it is secluded from the rush of the city, yet it’s less than a 10 minute walk to the Labrador Park MRT Station. We had breakfast (included with the lodging) on the veranda of the Tamarind Hill restaurant behind the villa all six days we were there. Be sure not to miss that experience. The room was decorated with antique furniture and the king-size bed was luxurious. Old-world with modern amenities. They pull it off somehow. They provide guests afternoon tea served at the small table outside the room on request. We also enjoyed a complementary cocktail every evening served upstairs from the lobby. Really! We can’t say enough about the staff! Generous and kind will have to do. They truly made our time there special!

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Far too expensive compared to what was offered and compared to similar asian historic properties
    • Crib

The amenities of the property were poor in comparison with the cost. There was no pool or Gym. The restaurant served only Thai food, which was good but it was closed on some days and up a very steep hill or staircase which made it difficult to access especially in the rain. Taxis can be difficult to get. The rooms were small but quirky and other guests sitting outside their rooms on a communal balcony until the small hours made it difficult to sleep.

A welcome tea was provided upon arrival and a daily cocktail hour was pleasant

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Nice place, good food, but advertised facilities not there.
    • Crib

We wanted to have a massage in the afternoon. In fact, it turned out there are no massages there and staff were surprised that they were advertised on booking.com. We were not happy about that. The property must be the only hotel in Singapore without a swimming pool and it badly needs one. There is simply nothing to do.

Lovely setting, nice room. rustic charm rather than luxury.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Heritage, style and comfort in busy Singapore. A must!
    • Crib

Lack of chairs in the room

Stylish, quiet and very clean all round. Staff was discreet and very attentive to the smallest details. Lot of small unexpected additions to make the stay very enjoyable. Beautiful property inside/out. Close proximity to MRT station. Easy walks in the 'jungle' near the property filled with artefacts telling of Singapore's historical War background. Excellent (healthy) breakfast.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Nice location but a bit overpriced for the amenities
    • Crib

Short-staffed. Check-in and services were slow. We had the rooms downstairs with little privacy since it was on the corridor. The steps up to the bathroom weee pretty steep increasing the probability of tripping in the middle of the night.

The location was great. Surrounded by the Labrador Park, the place was quiet, natural and peaceful. The welcome tea was very good and also the port and chocolates in the night. Easy walk to the Labrador Park MRT.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Romantic short getaway stay-cation.
    • Luxe Sarang

It would be great if there were halal menus that we could choose from.

The staff were friendly and helpful. We were greeted with much warmth from the hotel staff, including the General Manager, Mr.Anshuman Narayan. Special mention to Jun Xiang (im not sure if I got his name right). He was very professional and he provided us with all the assistance that we required. He was very polite the whole time. Good job buddy! Aside to this, all of my requests that I've written in to booking.com were met and my wife was pretty pleased with the surprise that the Villa Samadhi team had prepared for us. My heartiest thanks to the whole team who made it possible! Will definitely recommend this to our family and friends. :)

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

We were looking for something a bit different in Singapore...
    • Crib

We have stayed in the Sister hotel in Kuala Lumpur, this doesn’t have the same luxuries but undoubtedly has charm. It would be lovely to have a pool or even somewhere to sit in the sun outside.

We were looking for something a bit different in Singapore this time and we certainly found what we were looking for. It was quiet and peaceful and the breakfast was incredible.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

Reclusive location and property is ideal for a romantic...
    • Sarang

We booked an indoor spa room that automatically switches on spa heating in both the afternoon and evening. BUT the heating is SO hot it makes the bathroom stifling with heat and the water in the spa is simply too hot to enjoy. We ended up asking for the staff to turn the heating off permanently. Then the bath was also left less than half full given the evaporation it put off so the whole purpose of booking a spa room was a complete waste of time, leaving us with a room that was barely passable for the money spent . Ladies if you want to do makeup and the spa is on forget using the bathroom ... and there is no mirror or desk in the main bedroom so good luck! the same thing happens at their sister resort in KL ... this hasn't been thought through by management which if they stayed one night with a pertner would become well aware of the problem. The Amara around the crn offers better rooms without outdoor under cover heated spas in my view.

Reclusive location and property is ideal for a romantic weekend

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

A real escape from the usual Singapore scene

Carpark was a distance away...and quite isolated Staff was approached by other family members and was nice enough to ‘hide’ a birthday cake from me, main guest and gave my IC for check in.. but they failed to even wish me nor give a small token which other hotels have done so previously once they know that a guest is celebrating their birthday. Mind you... we booked two rooms under my name and another under another family member... u only hv 20rooms and 15% of your rooms are occupied by the same family.. The room (Sarang Luxe) had dead bees in the bathroom upon entering.. staff removed the dead bees and thought nothing of it until we were splashing in the pool and realised that there were just too many bees for comfort (even though we were surrounded by nature). Found a few hives and reported to management. They came within 10min to remove the hives but bees kept coming back looking for their home... a lot of bees also ended up in the pool and the floor... the ventilation holes in the bathroom was also another passage way for the bees and we ended up with a few dead bees the next morning in the bathroom.

A real escape from the usual Singapore scene Hardly see any other guests around.. Breakfast was awesome... (the morning walk through the ‘jungle’ to the restaurant was nice) Staff was very friendly. Minimal number of staff thou...

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

Awesome with a few tiny kinks
    • Crib

The staff weren't as attentive as one would have expected of such a small resort. But when you get their attention, they're awesome. Also.. Props to Boon Siang who was super helpful and friendly! It was very sad that they couldnt give us even half an hour to one hour's late check out when we booked last minute and checked in after 8pm the night before..

The room was unique and cosy. Bed was super comfortable and the free refreshments were awesome. The place was a little too dimly lit, almost twisted my ankle coming down the side steps from the parking to my room at number 3 cos it was a little too dark. Maybe a little more lighting along the steps? :) But otherwise a very nice stay! :)

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Very nice boutique-like style hotel
    • Luxe Crib

Despite its central location, it is quite hidden (not necessarily a bad thing if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore).

Very nice boutique-like style hotel The building and area has a history Romantic Room well set out Staff polite and very attentive to needs Great restaurant

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

a super chill place
    • Luxe Sarang

There is no lift to cater to elderly people, have many stairs. The outdoor cushions not ready for use due to the rain in the morning in the villa, it was a pity.

The warm and kind staff, the peaceful surroundings. It was like a remote resort, yet is very close to downtown. Beautiful landscape with carefully planned villas/rooms logistics, have guests' privacy in mind. Very thoughtful. Copper utensils to promote good health. A healing place. Nice walk to breakfast room at Tamarind Hill.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Samadhi @ Labrador Park
    • Crib

Peaceful ,beautiful ,historic location but only minutes from downtown Singapore. Breakfast on the deck at Tamarind was sensational , pre dinner cocktails in the library are excellent too.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

The tranquility and design intent of the place
    • Crib

Signage to the property could be clearer. Consider railings for open staircases especially to restaurant.

The tranquility and design intent of the place

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Location is fantastic if you are looking for a luxe hotel...
    • Crib

The only negative thing is the jacuzzi/warmth of the room. I was in room 4, was upgraded for free as another guest in the crib I booked wanted to extend their stay. Absolutely lovely to upgrade me, and completely unexpected. The pool is on a timer, you can't control it, it runs from 3 to 5 and 6 to 11, and it made the room extremely hot. Even keeping the bathroom door closed (almost, it doesn't quite shut), it took a really long time to cool the room. The temp never got down to how cold the unit was programmed to be and was still a tad too warm considering the bed has a comforter and no top sheet. Then, with the door closed, the bathroom was just incredibly humid, wet everything, even the next morning when it had been turned off for many hours. I did read other reviews, and one person complained about the smell of mildew in room 4. It was squeaky clean, I neither saw nor smelled any trace of mildew or mold-- only smelled chlorine from the jacuzzi.

Location is fantastic if you are looking for a luxe hotel away from the noise of the city. Very quiet. Bed was very comfortable, high quality mattress and pillows (comforter was a little too warm due to the humidity/aircon issue), amenities are wonderful. This is a historic building and has a lot of charm. The fresh fruit bowl and afternoon tea upon arrival were so, so great. The free cocktail hour and nightcap (decanter of port with a little bowl of snacks) were just the cherry on top. Very thoughtful and lovely. The bathroom made my jaw drop when I walked in, it was spacious and beautiful, and the jacuzzi (plunge pool, as they call it) was hot and terribly relaxing. I came as a solo traveler, but if you are here as a couple I imagine it would be so romantic and lovely. Almost forgot, breakfast at Tamarind Hill was the best! Tea and coffee, fresh juice, a plate of flaky pastries with butter, and your choice of breakfast plate made to order. Wonderful quality, with both Western and eastern options. 10/10 would come back. Preferrably with my boyfriend.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Relaxing retreat!
    • Crib

The hotel service staff were incredible! Really friendly and sweet and hospitable. Loved the complimentary welcome high tea and also the most delicious red wine. The room was cosy and spacious. Hotel grounds were very picturesque! Bed was really comfortable and they really pay attention to the details.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Amazing weekend at jungle💕
    • Luxe Crib

The staff is incredibly friendly and pleasant. I guess the main goal for staff at that hotel to make you happy. The incredible location of the hotel, the hotel is located in the real jungle. The hotel has an atmosphere of peace and unity with nature. Hotel and rooms are spectacular, everything has been designed down to the smallest detail. If you tired of city life I would highly recommend you stay here for a couple of days.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Perfect simplicity and closest to nature yet comfortable like a normal hotel
    • Sarang

❌ Neighbouring guest was smoking outside his/her room, but because it was also just outside our room, I was coughing badly throughout the night as the smoke from his/her cigarette diffused through to our room and circulated in our aircon system. Thank God for the Tiger Balm provided in every room, if not I wouldn't know how I would even sleep a wink. ❌ We could see/hear the slightest movements outside our room on the first floor even through the curtains (which are slightly translucent and slightly shorter than window frame) - occasional cars and passers-by alike.

✅ The tranquil nature surrounding it ✅ Simple charm of resort feeling ✅ The indoor jacuzzi ✅ Breakfast was set amidst natural surroundings - we had a good long breakfast in peace ✅ Attentive staff and manager ✅ Verandah facing the greens ✅ The truest retreat from city life in Singapore thus far.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Lovely relaxing stay that I look forward to returning.

Didn’t sleep very well.

Mama Helen is the best !! And free cocktail hour is a lovely way to end your day. So are the free pastries during afternoon tea.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Beautiful place with a tiny hitch
    • Sarang

The one thing I did not like was the strong smell of chlorine coming from the jacuzzi in the bathroom which permeated the bedroom even with the doors closed and made it feel like sleeping in a swimming bath. I asked the staff to turn off the jacuzzi which helped a bit with the smell but I feel this is something that should be addressed by management. I for one did not like the smell at all. In retrospect I would probably have enjoyed a room without the pool more.

A very beautiful place at a great location, while seemingly in the middle of nature it is only a short walk to the mrt, so the great city of Singapore is at you fingertips. The building is quite beautiful with nostalgic charms that separate it nicely from the usual more generic hotel rooms one can find all over the world. The staff was very friendly and the food at the associated restaurant was great. A thoroughly enjoyable stay and I would love to come back soon.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Wonderful, enjoyable and relaxing stay.
    • Crib

Curtains a tad thin and short, did not provide complete privacy. Shuttle to Vivocity would be good.

Nice soft comfy bed. Nice breakfast selection and long breakfast hours till 11am. Great complementary evening cocktail. Great turn-down port drink. Library was cosy. Welcome hi-tea was a pleasant surprise. Sarong provided was also great fun.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Break location, a sanctuary from the bustling city yet so...
    • Crib

Would be even better if it had a pool! It was so hot!

Break location, a sanctuary from the bustling city yet so close to all the actions. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great breakfast, free cocktails during happy hour and welcome fruits and an afternoon tea! Also gave me balloons and cake because it was my birthday. The restaurant, though pricy offered good Thai food as well. Love the old colonial setting and decor.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

• Sarang

Horrible room, everything is old and doesn’t work, bad location, noisy.

Nothing. Horrible hotel under crazy price. Next time go to Marina Bay Resort - same pricing but better location and amenities.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Overall, was still a wonderful place for a retreat.
    • Crib

The nitty gritty- bed sheets had spots of yellow. The sheets on the dining table were sometimes torn and had holes.

The place was a sanctuary, breezy and sounds of nature.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Quiet, fabulous, perfect breakfast
    • Crib

Small, quiet and absolutely fabulous hotel in the busy and noisy Singapore. Very spacious and well maintained rooms with huge and very clean bathrooms. We had fresh fruits in the room and surprisingly tiger balm in the bathroom. They had the perfect and suitable for every taste breakfast. We will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Exceedingly splendid!

No spa services available

The very comfortable bed and cool cotton sheets, the interior design, the lush surroundings, the details, the staff, the food and the extra touches of hospitality (sarong, port wine, chocolates, welcome tea with scones and canapés).

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Villa Samadhi ain't just an accommodation; it's an EXPERIENCE!
    • Sarang

Heaven on earth! I don't think anyone will regret their stay at Villa Samadhi - complimentary high-tea, complimentary cocktail hour @ Tamarind Hill (you got to try their Thai dishes too!!) AND complimentary port wine before bed and of course the icing on the cake has to be the fantastic service crew! Villa Samadhi ain't just an accommodation; it's an EXPERIENCE!

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

The guest house is situated in such beautiful, peaceful...
    • Crib

The guest house is situated in such beautiful, peaceful surroundings. You feel like you are amongst the lush jungle, rather than deep within a densely populated city. The house itself is stunning and everything done so tastefully. The restaurant attached is also beautiful and we loved our breakfast there. The staff are amazing and completely dedicated to making your stay as perfect as possible. While we couldn't eat at the restaurant that night, they brought the food over to the guesthouse, where you can eat the delicious food in the library of the house - a lovely, peaceful setting itself. If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city (and noisy children) but don't have time to leave SIngapore - this is the perfect place.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Exquisite, quiet, surreal, luxury property with excellent service.

The Restraunt is brilliant and the little elements like high tea and happy hour are great touches. Would recommend a slightly more elaborate / international menu if possible. A swimming pool on the property would make it perfect and worth not leaving the property at all.

The property is in a beautiful location and definitely a boutique hotel. The staff go out of their way to assist with every thing and make everything convenient. Loved being in the city and away from all the chaos.

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

The ultimate boutique hotel experience in a magical location
    • Crib

- Frankly nothing, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay

- With only 20 rooms in a 100-year old colonial era building, Villa Samadhi really provides the ultimate boutique experience. We loved the building and attention to detail in the design & decoration (mahogany cabinetry in bathroom, tiled walls, antique rugs and vintage furniture, old maps hung on walls, etc.) - Unique location tucked away in peaceful Labrador nature reserve, off the beaten track and yet only a 5 minute walk to the closest MRT station and 20 minutes to Changi airport by taxi. Also within walking distance to the art galleries at Gillman Baracks. The short walk from the hotel to the breakfast place through a path in the jungle is truly magical, with wild peacocks and the deafening sound of rainforest - Extremely helpful staff: manager came up to us every morning at breakfast & knew our names, asked us if everything was alright. Made us try their butter which they make themselves. One member of staff who was cleaning the room took 5 minutes to take a perfect picture of our group - The hotel originally charged the wrong card (I had requested the card to be changed before my arrival) but immediately corrected their mistake and upgraded us to a room with a 2m x 2m concrete pool/bath which was very special

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

A journey in a parallel universe - what a treat!
    • Crib

The atmosphere of the hotel is amazing - an oasis 15 minutes away from downtown Singapore! Don't forget to check out the restaurant. The complimentary cocktail hour is not to be missed...

• Reviewed: November 21, 2017

Really peaceful and luxurious experience in great surroundings.
    • Crib

It is a new place, so the taxi drivers didn't know how to get there but having the area code was really helpful for GPS to find it. Few more vegetarian options on the menu in future will be good.

Very attentive, helpful and friendly staff including the General Manager of the property. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay especially waking up to the birds chirping. it is a real nature haven and easily accessible.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

SUPERB experience! We escaped to a wonderful boutique retreat in the jungle!
    • Crib

Very little ventilation in the room so it could smell a little musty so more windows with mosquito nets up would be good but the room was aired and beautifuly cleaned everyday so not such a big problem. It would have been nice to have the cocktails in the library upstairs perhaps but it was always lovely to walk up to the restaurant anyway.

Everything was excellent but it was the personal finishing touches and attention to detail that we liked the most. All the staff were wonderfully welcoming and we would get superb perks such as: port and snacks in our room and the cocktail hour every evening, the a la carte breakfast menu and the freshly squeezed orange juice were my personal favourites!!!

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Need a refund. A rat would be unhappy to stay here..
    • Crib

This hotel is a con. It would not pass hotel safety regulations, apart from the place resembling a small ww2 army barracks

Nothing. Worst hotel I ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2017

A beautiful & unique experience in urban Singapore.
    • Luxe Sarang

There are a few teething issues with any new establishment & the Villa Samadhi has some tiny ones. We had the room with its own pool. We found the outer door & padlock impossible to lock but this was quickly resolved when we reported it. In addition because it is surrounded by trees (which I absolutely loved), there was a lot of debris on the outdoor furniture. Perhaps leaving a feather duster on the premises would help so we could have brushed off the leaves & twigs more easily. As much as I love the location (&would not be deterred for future visits), accessibility for the elderly may be an issue. The staff were very accommodating by providing breakfast in our room as I was with my elderly mum. We missed the turndown service on our last night but again it wasn’t an issue - just something to bear in mind.

The staff were helpful & friendly but the real attraction is the location of the Villa set amongst the forest - serene & beautiful. Also love the beautifully furnished rooms in keeping with the architecture of the old ‘black & white’ houses reminiscent of ‘old’ Singapore. Loved the lovely touches of providing afternoon tea & sherry & nibbles in the evening. By the way, the Kurds provided was the most delicious I’ve ever had. We also loved the proximity of Labrador Park & the lovely walks in the nature reserve. Appreciated the birthday balloons for my mum. Thank you for a wonderful & memorable stay.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

A n Oasis so close to the city. Pamper yourself, you won't regret it!
    • Crib

We loved the boutique and historical feel. To be so close to the city yet in a blissfull surrounding was just what we needed for our stop on our way back to Australia. They also provided free cocktails in the evening in the restaurant next door. I would definitely recomend your stay here.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

Brilliant!
    • Crib

Pillows a little hard for me

Fantastic property. Most amazing breakfast and great little touches such as free cocktails in the evening, port with the turndown service and afternoon tea at check in.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Everything is wonderful!
    • Sarang

Everything is wonderful! The staffs are very nice and helpful. We checked out very early in the morning and didn't have enough time to have breakfast in hotel's restaurant. The staff packed the sandwich and fruits for us.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Perfect. Best staff.
    • Crib

Loved everything about this place. Staff was really helpful and friendly and sincere without being intrusive. Place is beautiful and quiet. Highly recommend to anyone else visiting SG and will stay here again next time for sure.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

What a beautiful tranquil place

Nothing I can think of

What an awesome place to stay. Away from the hustle of the city centre but yet easy access to metro with 15 mins metro drive to the city. We were on our honeymoon and enjoyed it thoroughly. Received a cake; dessert basket and tea on the day of our arrival. They have a free cocktail happy hour every day which was amazing (even got to taste their infused gin). Amazing breakfast served every morning at their beautiful restaurant. They also have the most helpful staff; recommending places to visit in Singapore. They even accommodated us with a room to shower in before our flight that was at 12:00 pm the evening. All and all wonderful experience and would definitely stay here again if I return to Singapore.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

too rustic for me being a city person
    • Luxe Crib

bathroom is open air (only slated window), all kinds of insects, mosquito,... can get in. Worst is, no garbage bin inside room, must use the one inside bathroom. Mosquito have free go inside the room. Install some screen, too rustic for me. No hook or place to place clothes inside bathroom. No chair inside the room, must sit on bed

best breakfast in all hotels I stayed. Rustic environment is a good alternative, if you don't mind insects and mosquitos

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

This hotel met all my expectations.
    • Crib

Excellent, out of the centre of the city, surrounded by rainforest, quiet and a good place to relax and get over jet lag. Staff are very friendly and helpful. They make you feel very welcome. Excellent breakfast at a nearby beautiful building, a short walk there through rainforest. Metro about ten minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Amazing scape
    • Crib

Great scape from bustling city but still conveniently connected by metro or bus. Beautiful building with great breakfasts. Nice port wine waiting for you in your room every night.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2017

we really enjoyed the staycation
    • Crib

there are mosquitos outside, but it is surrounded by forest, so it is understandable. I wish the hotel also provides mosquito spray in each room. Luckily they provide a complementary Tiger balm :)

Like the anti-mozzie aromatherapy and complementary tropical fruit. The amenities smell really nice.

• Reviewed: September 27, 2017

It was really relaxing and energised us for the flight home . Thankyou to the wonderful staff
    • Sarang

The stairs to bathroom and the door opening out was tricky to manage .

It is charming and different .....loved the attention to detail it made us feel special.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

The ambience is rustic and quiet.
    • Crib

Of course better rate. Closer parking access. More options and flexibility for payment like Nets, Cash. Discounted rate for repeat visitors...

The ambience is rustic and quiet. Cosy and romantic. Different and memorable experience

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

A lovely getaway for couples who wants to retreat from the city.
    • Luxe Crib

I, unfortunately, did not get to enjoy the complimentary drinks as mentioned but would have loved it, I'm sure.

The location was secluded and tranquil, worth the "trek" in! Facilities and amenities were rather simple but still lovely as they were complimentary. The bed was large and extra comfy, the rooms lovely and spacious. The hotel is overall very quiet and peaceful, relaxing too. Even though they do not have smoking rooms, there are designated smoking areas. The staffs are friendly and polite, breakfast was lovely and the restaurant had complimentary drinks.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

fantastic and will go again
    • Luxe Crib

could have had a good chair and a light to read in the room

The staff excellent, very friendly and very helpful. The breakfast had a super selection. The evening tea and the complimentary wines were fantastic. Beautiful location so peaceful and tranquil you only hear the sounds of the birds, and still its just 20 min away to Orchard Road by Taxi. It's a wonderful place.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

Luxe & Rustic Colonial Villa - Exceptional in Singapore
    • Luxe Crib

Excellent discovery in Singapore. The colonial-style villa is lost in a natural reserve, preserved from the agitation of the city. It is nevertheless 10 minutes away from the city center in taxi (Exceptional location). Staff is very good. Free handy device at your disposition.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Heaven!
    • Crib

The rooms are not very well sound insulated and I'm afraid that our experience of the hotel was somewhat marred by loud and rude guests who clearly did not appreciate or respect the tranquil location. Whilst this is obviously not the fault of the hotel, or staff, we think it would be a very good idea to try and enforce some sort of policy regarding noise and unsociable behaviour.

Beautiful location, surrounded by nature. MRT subway is nearby. The hotel itself is a characterful and historic building. The breakfast is just unreal! Delicious food and drinks served in a tranquil, beautiful location. Free cocktail hour! :o) Super friendly and helpful staff. The manager personally welcomes new arrivals!

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Details that make the difference!
    • Crib

The position of the Villa: you can reach the center in 5 minutes by car or 10 by metri but you are in a really peaceful and amazing garden We appreciate the style and the design, the various and very satisfying breakfast, the two sarong freely available during our staying and the crystal bottle of Sherry every evening in our room

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

This is a great find!
    • Crib

Nothing! Everything about it is fabulous! Would definitely go there again!!! ;)

This is a great find! Love it!!!!! Esp the staff there- made all the difference! :) Jonathon is great!

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Boutique, high quality, value for money stay.
    • Crib

1) The property needs better signages on the Labrador Villa Road. At least an arrow indicating direction of the hotel on the single signage they already have. 2) The gutters at the entrance needs to be covered with metal railing. Is a potential risk for breaking a leg.

The property is very boutique, quaint and beautiful. Staff are very well trained and courteous. They are sensitive to special needs. Super food for vegetarians, vegans and non vegetarians. Complete value for money.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2017

Uniq places to stay.
    • Crib

There was no place to put our luggages and nothing to sitting place in the room and no shelves for the clothes.

>Breakfast was great, sitting place out of the room, fantastic nature, very helpful staff, especially Mr. Gwee was very helpful. Very good ideas not to except little kids.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

ask for a window...
    • Crib

no window in my room, gets rather depressing after a couple of days, especially if you have to spend long hours in the room because of work internet was down quite often during my stay

colonial charm cleanliness not very expensive

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Great, personal, authentic 5* boutique hotel experience

Nothing really.

The hotel crew is excellent, always available and ready to make things happen, no questions asked, often stepping beyond the usual with a very personal touch to make our stay truly memorable. Even when small hickups occur, the staff is well trained to recover, and provide an overall excellent service. Well run hotel with great staff. The hotel environment is a serene tug away from the city where you can truly relax. Cocktail hour on the house, afternoon high tea in a beautiful colonial environment - nothing more you could ask for. Very much recommended.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Nice for a couples gettaway, or if you are visiting local business parks eg Mapletree
    • Crib

The bedding needs a lighter option. Maybe there was one, but I never found it.

Nice to stay somewhere in SIngapore that is off the usual beaten track, and the Villa Samadhi is right by Labrador reserve and the sea. The staff are super helpful. Being an older building, be prepared for things like not 100% AC throughout, the restaurant is a few minutes walk away up a set of steps, and the doors to the rooms usual actual bolts to lock

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Outstanding, particularly if you want a romantic get away.
    • Crib

Public access to the Nespresso machine when staff not around would be good. Hard to fault though.

Every detail was well considered, lots of unexpected treats... One of the best hotel experiences that I have ever had. I walked away very relaxed. Tamarind Hill restaurant excellent, large servings makes it most affordable and food was superb.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Amazing staff and location

nothing!

This place is probably the best value for money experiences that a couple can have. I love the setting in its own gardens, removed from the city but not far to get to places that you might want to visit. Vivocity mall or Sentosa island are all very close and a short taxi ride or you could walk 40min or so to Vivocity. The staff are what makes this place stand out. They are exceptional! so friendly and welcoming. This place makes you feel like you are part of their family and has a few extra little treats in the room, fruit basket and welcoming food and drinks. The breakfast menu is very nice and such a nice environment to eat at in the morning. didnt get a chance to try the restaurant for dinner sadly. The rooms are super comfy and really nice bathroom Our flight out of Singapore was quite late and the staff allowed us to use our room until 6pm with no extra payment. This was amazing as we had some large bags that we did not want to tramp around with. Next time I come to Singapore this is the only place I will stay in!

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Understated Luxe five star plus service

Nothing I didn't like.

An oasis in a very busy City, providing understated luxury at a very affordable price. The service provided by each individual member of staff and the General Manager Anshuman, both at the hotel and Tamarind Hill restaurant was the best I have ever received. I really look forward to being able to visit again.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

I had an amazing stay at Villa Samadhi.
    • Sarang

I had an amazing stay at Villa Samadhi. They have one of the best hospitality ever in Singapore. I arrived at the Villa at the stipulated check-in timing (2pm) however the room was not ready til 3.30pm due to high volume of occupancy and late check-out of the previous guests. The staff profusely apologized for making us wait and gave us compensation. They continuously took care of us and even the staff at the Tamarind Hill restaurant also apologized for what happened. Samadhi may feel expensive, but rest assured that it's not only the sales that they want but the guests' satisfaction. I want to give shout-out to Lui and Steven for their very warm and excellent service! Thanks so much! And, the room is just superb. Get the Luxe Sarang for its nice plunge pool!

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

Villa Samadhi - so special
    • Luxe Crib

Leaving so soon. A longer stay would have been much better.

The location and architecture of Villa Samadhi leaves you stepping back into Singapore's colonial past. The staff and their caring, friendly customer service was wonderful. Afternoon tea was lovely and the evening cocktails were superb. The whole experience was the perfect end to a six week holiday. I would highly recommend Villa Samadhi to anyone visiting Singapore.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Wonderful hotel - a unique place to stay in Singapore
    • Crib

A swimming pool would be a great addition - there is certainly space in the grounds but there may be problems with planning as its a historic building

Beautifully renovated historic building in a quiet rainforest setting, on the edge of a small nature reserve running down to the shore but only 5-10 mins walk from the Lavender MRT (2 stops to Harbour Front). Wonderful staff - helpful, friendly and interested in their guests. The whole place had a very peaceful relaxed atmosphere - a complete contrast to most hotels in Singapore. Don't miss the cocktail hour every night - complimentary for guests and very generous. The Tamarind Restaurant next door (same owners) is also a beautiful place with excellent food and service. THis is where breakfast is served - on a veranda overlooking the garden and nature reserve with sunbirds (like hummingbirds) feeding from the flowers. A free mobile phone is provided for your stay - full 4G service so ideal for exploring the city and apparently allows free calls to certain countries as well.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2017

Beautifully-restored colonial hotel; perfect for a stay-cation or even a honeymoon in Singapore
    • Sarang

The windows didn't have curtains to block the morning and afternoon sun, so it was really bright in the room, when you're trying to sleep-in or rest.

Loved the personalised service and the extra attention that the staff gave us. We stayed at the Villa as part of a staycation to celebrate a birthday, and the team gave us a lovely cake, prepared a night cap for us every night and even prepared light snacks in the room on the day we checked in. The staff also made sure they booked us a table for dinner at their restaurant, the Tamarind Hill, which was a real bonus. Free flow cocktails during our stay was also fantastic.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Lovely with Problems
    • Crib

Not one taxi driver we took knew where the hotel was. Waiting for a taxi at the hotel was very unpredictable because many taxis gave up finding the place and the desk had to call second taxis. So sometimes taxi within minutes and sometimes 20 to 30 minutes. The bathroom is four or five 'uncomfortable' stairs up from the bedroom. I have a bad knee and would have chosen another hotel if I had known this. The restaurant of the hotel, which got great reviews on line, was really inexcessable to me because of my leg problem. I don't recall if this was mentioned in the listing. It really should be. I did manage to get to the restaurant once. It was very good but not good enough for the price. I hope my comments are taken as positive 'tips' for the owners because the location and building are really wonderful.

The structure of the hotel is lovely old colonial building in a beautiful setting. The staff was pleasant but varied a lot from person to person as to how helpful they were...all were nice but some more experienced than others. My partner went to the buffet breakfast and loved it. I didn't go but ordered from my room (which was considered the free breakfast) and the food was really really good.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

relaxing stay in colonial style boutique hotel
    • Crib

nothing really - maybe a pool, but then, you cannot have everything.

One of the most beautiful places in colonial Singapore, way from the hustle and bustle of the city and still very close to the centre. Close to a small antional park, the ocean is a walk away. Very nice to relax in a home-like atmosphere. Very friendly staff, who go to great lengths to make the stay memorable. Welcome drink, high tea, sarong to wear, fruit in the room, very nicely appointed rooms.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2017

Unique hotel renovated from a traditional mansion
    • Crib

It's a little bit isolated from the city, and usually takes 10-15 min walk to the nearest MRT. Too many mosques at the restaurants on the hill.

it's an unique hotel renovated from a traditional mansion. I was told the owner has spent years collecting Asian-style old furniture and decorating the whole hotel. It's an amazing experience to live here. BTW, thanks to the friendly staff, we have taken some great pictures for our wedding.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

wonderful boutique hotel, surrounded in history and old world charm
    • Luxe Sarang

Room needs to be able to make darker at night, a blind on front door would do it

Unique property, tranquil and beautifully appointed,very relaxing, great food and attentive staff

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

In room spa pool.
    • Sarang

More external lighting to restaurant required.

In room spa pool...nice.Set in the middle of natural forest...nice. Building restored from an old army barracks

• Reviewed: May 11, 2017

Romantic anniversary celebration
    • Luxe Crib

We chose Villa Samadhi from the wonderful reviews and ratings on Booking.com and a number of other sites and were delighted with our choice. Wanted somewhere special to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and Gwee and his team could not have done more for us. We arrived at 7:00pm after a long flight, to find rose petals on the bed, fruit basket, welcome cocktails and appetisers. The rooms are large and well appointed. Bed and pillows excellent and we loved the rain head shower and plunge pool. Breakfast choices and quality were also excellent. Set in lush rainforest and very relaxing and peaceful. Short walk through natural growth to the foreshore for a different experience in Singapore. Perfect for romantic stays or for single or business travellers escaping the bustle of the city. Only a short Uber or taxi ride to many attractions or into town. MRT about 10 minute walk. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Tamarind Restaurant, with excellent service from Rose and the staff. We both felt very spoilt during our stay and recommend Villa Samadhi.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

We had a great one-night stay in one of the Sarang rooms of...
    • Sarang

We had a great one-night stay in one of the Sarang rooms of Villa Samadhi. The plunge pool was really good. All the breakfast items we tried were very tasty and the service was nice. We really appreciated the fact that some complementary cocktails were available at the nearby restaurant in the evening, in addition to a warm welcome from Helen who contributed to make that moment special. The location of the villa, right in the middle of a park, gave us a good break from the city life.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Lovely location and good service
    • Crib

Breakfast experience leaves a lot to be desired. I think because we arrived later at 10am (breakfast was from 7-11am or 730-1130). Most food at the buffet table except the bread stuff were finished and threre were ants and flies circling the bread/jam table. We waited an hour for our hot food to be served probably due to a missed order or miscom between the staff and kitchen but the staff was apologetic about it. We had the crib room which was on the first level facing the carpark so it can be quite nosiy in the morning with cars and people moving about right outside the room.

Lovely location in the middle of nature, friendly service, nice complimentary evening cocktails.

We Price Match