Reviews of M Hotel 4 stars

Derčeva ulica 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

#42 of 62 hotels in Ljubljana

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Quite unfriendly staff, denying very normal requests (like returning the remote at the reception the night before departing - it shall be done in the morning. why?! no answer. After half an hour fight I was able to return it, though); some huge groups with tourists coming in and out all the time; breakfast absolutely the same for the 5 days I stayed in; not really comfortable bed.

Private parking on the side; location was OK; my room was quite spacious

• Standard Single Room

I pre-ordered a taxi through the hotel but the information was not correctly passed onto the taxi company, so I waited 40 minutes at the airport for a new taxi

The rooms were nice

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Its a comfortable hotel located quite conviniently too. Seems to have been recently refurbished and the rooms are nice too. Have a nice restaurant on the ground floor.

You need to get a key for the parking spot, if you are travelling alone that might be uncomfortable.

Very confy bed and really nice room. Helpful staff. Very good breakfast

one room was warm, one was cold.. not able to stop the cooling fan so one room was practically unusable.. for 120 eur/night expected better... also, i charged 30€ for 2 french fries. (wtf?!)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It's a bit far from town. The lady told us that we could ride to town for 5 euros if we call the cab company using the card provided but the cabs ended up charging us more. The air conditioning couldn't work on the 1st level. We made a few calls with no answer and we had to go straight to reception to ask- which we were then told not very apologetically that the air con wasn't working and they can't do anything about it. We had to sleep with the windows slightly opened at night, and the worse thing was were on the 1st level right beside the road.

Rooms were clean and nice, good size

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very dim light in the bathroom; the lamps over the sink did not function (it seemed they were not connected to any switch). Very urban area (which is not the hotel's fault, of course), just a word of advice to the first-time travelers to be aware that this part of the city is not the best one.

Very clean, modern in style. Nice breakfast and buffet dinner. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room but staff provides a kettle if asked. The parking lot is available on request (with an individual key and a deposit of EUR 20 in cash), although free places are limited.

• Standard Single Room

The most stupid car park ever...they give You a remote control that You have to remind to put the bar down or up, otherwise other peolpe can park into your place, even if the place is your !!! They refused to remove a car that has not right to stay there and You must find another place all aroud and there are no car park !!!

Good hotel, clean, good wi-fi, silent hotel, very good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room is too small. It wasn't cleaned up well. It was too noisy when I opened the window because of exterior climates parts. Not good value for the price in my case. I will change hotel next time.

Breakfast was good and restaurant staff was great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a 30-minute walk to the city center - my friend and I found the public transportation in the city extremely disorganized (you need to buy a card and put prepaid money in it prior the taking the bus), but we would rather walk by foot.

Room was extremely cleaned and the beds extra comfy. The breakfast was really good and it's a plus it starts at 6:30 am every day. Would also recommend travelers to book the transfer we hotel offers (the driver was friendly and gave us amazing recommendations), which is cheaper than all other options.

It's a 30 min walk from the city center which could be taken via the Tivoli park. If the weather is great it is nice otherwise you should consider you'd need transportation. But taxi will be just a couple euros.

We got a family suite with 2 rooms at the top floor, brand new, with a large balcony overseeing mountain ranges. It accommodated the family with 2 children pretty well. Kettle/coffee/tea in the room, great bathroom. We were leaving early so the staff made sure we got a breakfast packed for us in the early morning.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Free parking, clean rooms. The rooms are not so big but they are so well arranged that you have a great feeling of comfort. The bathroom is a bit tiny but again whoever did the design did a great job at making it comfortable. I like the lights so much and the fact that there are plugins at the right places so you don't have to think about unplugging your phone charger to plugin laptop charger. Great job.

• Standard Single Room

The hotel is located a 2km from the city centre, not a problem though since taxis are widely available.

The rooms are recently renovated, super clean and comfortable!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our toilet was smelling so fuc***g bad that it was so disgusting. Really bad. We checked in at 9pm and left our belonings inside rushing to the downtown so i relaized that its smelling so bad when we came back. This could be note for management to check whats wrong with that bed smell in room 327. Offcourse, next time we will book again hotel M but we will ask at front desk for keys of some not stinky room.

Room is really good. And breakfast too. Staff is polite. They told us about cheap taxi transfer to downtown for 5 Euros. All in all everything was really good but one thing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The reception was full of suspicious looking people. Got a room with separate beds, asked for king size bed. The new room was smelling horrible like sweat and on the reception they told me they don’t have another. Paid my stay without more discussions and left immediately. Booked a room in InterContinental Ljubliana - amazing hotel and service. I will never ever come back to that place.

The photos on Booking.com, which unfortunately were far from reality.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

To have such high standard room with so poor TV programs and chanels is really not good. There were no TV station that would be good, just milions of german chanels. Also room very hot and the air condition not working.

Great clean hotel, with moder rooms and new design. Breakfast very good, so was the lunch. Close to city center and Tivoli park. Sadly bad TV and really hot rooms.

• Standard Single Room

The hotel seems to be fairly new, the furnishings are modern and the rooms are fairly spacious. There's also free parking available at the hotel, subject to availability. The staff were very friendly, and the included breakfast was nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast tasteful and perfect. Room modern, clean, comfortable and pleasant for staying. Personnel very polite. Hotel is very close to the center of the city (5min by car and approximately 15min by walking). I would definitely recommend it.

• Deluxe Suite

I have chosen the M hotel to surprise my girlfriend and propose her. For this purpose I booked the deluxe suite with double bed which should measure over 50m2. Once we arrived to the suite we were annoyed to see two separated double beds in the sleeping area. The deluxe suite had a sleeping area, the "living room area" which led to a big terrace and a bathroom. There was a locked door which led to another room that was also part of the suite. Due to the fact that I booked the whole deluxe suite and not just a part of it I demanded that the staff should open the locked room, at that point I hoped that there would be a double bed inside. The lady receptionist moaned about opening the door stating that we were only 2 persons and we don't need any additional space, which I founded offensive, bud I didn't react to it. Eventually she opened the locked door and to our disappointment there were also two separated double beds. The very next thing was the heating system which didn't work (Funny thing is that in the manual of the hotel they brag about guest being able to adjust the heat in the rooms, but the radiators are always cold). After the inspection of the receptionist and the janitor (who tried to get the air out from the radiators) we were said by the staff that this is as hot as it gets, but the radiators were cold! Outside was 5 degrees Celsius, and we couldn't even take a shower. So imagine my frustration, going to a "DELUXE" suite to propose my girlfriend, having to sleep on separated beds in a room with no heating!? I asked the janitor if he can provide an electric radiator, which he did, but there was no eletric plug in the bathroom so we heated it with running hot water from the shower and we managed to heat up only one smaller room with the radiator(the one that was locked).

We liked the parking spot, which was lockable and situated infront of the hotel. We liked the hotel lobby and furniture, the room design was nice but there were some issues with the heating system.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The standard rooms don't have much extra space around the bed. We didn't mind that though. Also the location is not bad but if you want to be directly in the centre, then this is not a place either. By bus or taxi it is just few minutes but by walking about 30 min.

Room cleanliness was 100%, staff friendly and professional and breakfast tasty. We felt really good there.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Queuing for breakfast. no tea or coffee in rooms.

Basic breakfast something for everyone. On our final day they were very busy and had no bread for toast and no English breakfast tea. Although the waitress went and found some in another part of the building which she didn't have to do.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

-although they announce rooms with airconditioning, the airconditioning was switched off ; reason : 'start of the winter-season' ; when I arrived in my room, it was super hot !!! when I complained about it, they said they couldn't do anything abut it ... -stayed there for 3 nights ; second day, my room was not cleaned ; when I complained about it, I was told that they had knocked on my room and that I had answered, while I was out all day ; I asked an explanation to the manager ; she said that the cleaning team had said that, so basically, she was calling me a liar ... -breakfast room is too small for the kind of visitors they have : apparently they focus on big bus groups (mainly Koreans) ; when you arrive at 07h00, all seats are taken already ; the buffet is a mess ... -won't go back again ! a shame !!!

rooms have been renovated ; all necessary comfort available

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location is not right at the center but not sooo far. (20min walking distance). Rooms are small but perfectly cozy, bedding and towels fresh and clean. Breakfast were excellent with a wide variety of hot and cold choices.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There are only a few parking spots owned by the hotel. they are free, but even though we arrived at 2 in the afternoon, apparently we couldn't take any of them. There is a pay parking in the area and a few free parkings spots on the street.

We liked the modern design of the room and the hotel in general. breakfast was good. wifi also. it is in a residential area. some restaurants in the area but not that many. still walking distance to the city. about 2.5 km. there are also a few bus lines passing in the mainstreet Doors with keycards.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

- the staff at the reception was very unfriendly and seemed arogant (did not even say "hello" as we entered the hotel, did not give a clear explanation where the parking spots were and chatet with each other)

+ room + cleaning staff were very friendly

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room. It was busy and it felt like a school canteen. There was only large tables and we had to sit next to other people on the same tables which we found awkward. The food selection was ok however there wasn't enough hot food for everyone.

It was clean and did the job

• Superior Double or Twin Room

If you are planning to visit the town center, this hotel is a longer walk (~30min). Recommended to take the bus (very easy to navigate and manage) -- especially if the weather isn't great.

Clean & modern rooms. Quality breakfast. Staff were very accommodating and friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No parking: the hotel has only a 20 places parking for a 7-floors hotel...so you have to park on the public and paying parking next to the hotel: + 7 euros for 24 hours parking. We reserved a double bed and we had two single bed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to pay for the parking ,the room was dirty and the staff was very unproffesional. I asked for a couples bed and a bathtub, instead of that i got a bathtub where i can barely fit my feet in and two single beds that are just placed together. For just a little more money you can have a great stay at Nox Hotel wich is in the main street just behind M Hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Toilet was not clean under the seat and old towels left inside bathroom. Room was mostly bed

Carpark (must pay but not expensive) behind property. Great breakfast, great staff. About half hour easywalk to the old town. Good elevators. Room nice and clean except bathroom toilet and old towels left behind. Cable TV.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pictures on the internet did not represent the room we got. It was not of four star quality, there was blood on the carpet, paint was chipping of the walls, the bathroom door was chipped and the shower tray was moldy. The hotel said there was guest parking included however it is not free, it avail of the 20 free parking spaces you had to book in advance which was not offered or mentioned during the booking procedure. Therefore we had to park in the car park behind the hotel which we had to pay for.

Near the city, a 20 min walk and easy access with a car. Good breakfast

• Deluxe Suite

First day in the room, we walked in after dinner to find the whole floor strewn with ants. Called reception and the lady walked in, shrugged her shoulders with, 'ants can come from anywhere'. Reluctantly, she got another grumpy fellow to vacuum the ants away but they kept coming and he went ,'we can keep doing this till morning!'. We were appalled by their apathy and lack of apology. We had to sleep in the same room because they said they had no other room. Next day, we packed our bags and insisted at the reception that they must shift them to an alternate room. The guy goes, 'Can you wait till I allot you another room and then shift your bags?' I told him we didn't want to lose the day to shifting rooms and had to leave for Postojna caves. Again reluctant shrug. It was 8.30 am, I had been told the manager would be there but he was no where to be found. When we came back we were moved to the 8th floor when the elevator goes only till the 7th floor to a much smaller room. (We had paid for a Deluxe suite). Called the reception and they threw up their hands saying no other rooms. The manager was still not reachable. Later I get a call that the manager is here and was asked to go down to the reception to meet him. He offered a 'it's hard to predict with ants' and 'this is the only suite that we have'. I can throw in a free dinner to make up and we can look to shift you tomorrow to another room. By this time, I had lost interest in making this right because we couldn't be packing and shifting every day. The dinner ended up being a participating in a buffet laid out for a traveling group. We booked for 7.30pm but when we reached the restaurant, were told that there were no tables. When I said we had a reservation, the lady said that reception can't take a booking for the restaurant since they don't know the table situation. I was beyond caring now.

We were stuck with the hotel because this was the end of our vacation and we didn't want to take the effort to look for another hotel and shift all our bags with 2 kids in tow.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were there in the middle of a major heatwave and the room AC would not work and the whole hotel was a little warm.

In a town where most hotels were rather expensive I wondered what we would get for the low price for this one. I need not have worried. It was very good indeed. The room was comfortable with some much needed cold drinks in a fridge. The big surprise was the included breakfast which was one of the best selections I have seen for years in s very smart restaurant with a outside patio. Getting into town was a 5 Euro taxi and reception suggested when we return we ask a town centre hotel to book one to avoid being ripped off. It seemed a cheek to go into s hotel we were not staying to book a hotel to another but it was no problem and the return cost 5 Eurostar as well.

If you like a 4* hotel on a shoestring budget, this is the place for you. Toiletries minimal and low quality, even the sandpaper, sorry meant toilet paper.... Breakfast closes 10am sharp! Poor selection compared to other similar hotel.

New, clean and comfortable

All good

Very good location on main road into town (20 min walk 1.40 euro bus out front key pass dispenser or kiosk) and near a very large lovely park for a mind clearing walk into town which also has a pool. We actually walked from central bus station but not so good on a very hot day! The hotel was modern & quite new. Great English speaking staff including a very nice young lady Kiah who was so very helpful with everything! Good restaurant and a bar next door. In fact there were many typical bars/eateries. You will LOVE Ljubljana!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was busy due to several groups, kitchen couldn't really cope. Rooms quite small, but very clean and pratical lay-out

Goede faciliteiten voor fietsers

• Standard Double or Twin Room

it was about a ten minute cab ride from the main area of ljubljana and the cab situation organized by the hotel was confusing. we waitied for thirty minutes for a cab and then just hailed another off the street. a cab there was 5 euros- a cab back was 10 euros.

breakfast was great- nice big new hotel- with plush new amenities

Location could've been better. Parking is first come first serve which is a pain when parking is promised.

Breakfast was amazing. Comfortable but small rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They changed our room twice. The first and the second rooms smelt awful and they were too noisy. The rooms weren't properly isolated and you could hear everything in the street outside. The staff was a bit rude when we asked for a change. They finally gave us a silent room which didn't smell but the beds were much smaller as it was the room, too and there was a bathtub instead of a shower. This bathtub was a bit dangerous because it was at a different level and you had to jump to get inside. We felt we hadn't paid a four star hotel for these conditions.

The breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It is a little far from center (not in a walking distance). Cabs in Slovenia has distorted ethics of fare and the same trip (covered by eligible authorized permit!) can cost 3-15 euros. The stuff should tell the visitors about this problem (also in Belgrade and presumably other past Yugoslavia countries) since when they call a cab it is always the cheaper fare Also, although it is a non smoking hotel, the room has a very strong smoking smell when I entered which was gone after we open the window and let it disappear which took a while

The hotel has nice size room, excellent internet service, good lighting and aircondition, extremely clean bathroom, fresh towels daily, comfortable desk, good TV (with available English speaking channels) etc. Breakfast is beyond words to describe the quality. The room has a small refrigerator to save drinks and food and a paid bar with various drinks and soft drinks with reasonable price. There are nearby store to purchase personal items, and nearby bus transportation lines to all places, and a rental bicycle service nearby. The hotel car service from/to airport excellent and the lobby nice, clean and comfortable

There was no free parking place at the hotel. I had to Park on a public parking place, which gave me not a 100% safe feeling.

Nice hotel to stay at when you visit Ljublijana. A pitty that they didn't do anything for my son who had birthday... even not a "Happy Birthday" and we espacially mentioned this when we made this booking. Friends and helpfull.

• Deluxe Suite

The air-condition was broken in the floor. We had executive room there and hotel staff didn't mentioned about it. First night was very hot and we have to move to another floor.

Enough space for few nights

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Size of the rooms was a bit small, even though we have booked a room which was supposed to be greater than the standard double room. Otherwise, everything else was good.

Nice staff, good location, parking on site which was perfect, nice breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I can't understand blinds that are supposed to darken the room but leave just a few centimetres open, it defeats the whole purpose of having them. Is this another saving? This was the case here, where the curtains were about 30-40cm shorter than the room-wide windows, thus making it impossible to have a good sleep after sunrise. Also, while not on a busy street, there is quite a bit of street noise and the windows either failed to close properly or were not good enough, but there was a lot of noise in the room. There is no proper closet, so all clothes are hung in plain view, which is fine perhaps for a night or two, but not for more. The breakfast is very good with a large range of options, waitresses are nice and helpful, but when an item is finished it took very, very long minutes to replace it. Yet another way of saving money?

The room was reasonably sized and the staff was always polite and helpful. Breakfast was good although some options were missing and it took a long time to replenish emptied trays. The hotel is easy to get to but not close to the city centre. Very good bed, two tellies, a seating area where it's easy to work.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Good renovated hotel that keeps to its stars, the only thing you guys should check is when guests book a double bed room they expect to receive it... only after requesting our original ordered room and talking with the manager we got the double room :)) kinda bad business shenanigans... but at any case, great room! and since we had an incident they actually let us check out late, thanks for the service and keep it up.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First they gave mea room which was totally different from the one I sow on booking, with extra bed in the room, like in hostel facilities. The towel where stinky, like they are washed 2 years a go and leaved in a plastic bag. When I put air condition on disgusting smell started to go out from vent. Later on I realized it's from plastic carpets whit which they covered the hotel. Also terrible smell from old pipes in bathroom. Definitively you have a lot of better places for that value in Ljubljana. I would never visit the same hotel again.

Breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant food was sub-standard and there is little to offer in terms restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I had a room on the street and the residents across the street were very noisy..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

for the money the room was small, the windows were not soundproof well though the hotel did promote itself that way when I booked. Far from the center so for the money and what they offered, I think the price was too high.

was clean and nice, looks modern and good breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. I had a good stay both times I've stayed there.

Comfortable, modern rooms, comfortable bed and for the most part quiet and soundproof. A few kilometres from the town centre but easy half hour walk or taxi costs about €5. Bus stop nearby as well. Friendly and helpful staff and nice breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit small, something you can't figure out from the pictures.

Quiet location, very clean hotel and the staff was ok. The hotel has a small parking, but right behind the hotel is a public parking which is very cheap if you leave the car over night.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Person at the reception was kind of rude. We were together as family,he wasn't accommodating even single request of rooms together, ac and fridge wasn't working

It was apt for 1day stay

• Standard Single Room

Sunday staff were unhelpful - a bit surly. Room was a bit smaller than in photo. Room smelled a bit like urine. Quite a long way from City Centre - designed for tour bus groups.

The nearby siska centre was interesting and the parking was satisfactory.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Arrogant, unfriendly, careless receptionist. Terrible sewer smell in bathroom despite its cleanliness. A bit far from city center.

Clean, modern, well equipped room in new modern building.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking is free on the hotel stalls but seemed they were all occupied and had to pay for the parking on the back.

Berside Kino Siska center wich offers very interesting culural events and concerts. The area around is very quiet and safe, at night lively but if you want to relax the hotel is soundproof. Very close to the Tivoli park and 30 minutes walk from the city center along the street there are many restaurants and pubs.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

my wife forgot her iPad on the safe, because it would not fit in the safe. 23 hours after checking out ive called to the reception, asked to help in return. they did not return ipad and did nothing to help us. i think this hotel steal items, be careful.

it was nice clean room

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Using parking place. Unfortunately the parking places were under construction and very difficult to find parking place next to the hotel. The stuffs wasn't so helpful regarding the parking

Very good location

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The parking , you have to pay for it in a public parking behind the hotel although in the reservation it says "free parking ". Had to pay about 4,30 for a night and about 2 hours the next day.

Nice and clean hotel. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast, including different types of coffee. about 30 minutes walk to center of town. Bathroom very clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- Parking is charged. The free parking capacity doesn't meet the hotel size. - The hotel is used for other purposes than sleepover, there are classes/meeting rooms which makes the lobby noisy and crowded.

- New and clean hotel. - Breakfast is good. - Easy check-In Check-Out

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, the ventilation in our room was making a consistent rattling noise all night but we were exhausted to notify reception late at night or to consider changing rooms. What was also strange for us was to see what appeared to be the manager in the breakfast room loudly confront guests who were likely not aware of their policy of not taking food (such as an apple)outside of the breakfast room. He definitely was within reason to do so but the approach and manner of talking to clients was not respectful or kind. Seeing that made us think twice about the customer service and treatment of guests.

It is a new hotel so everything seems new. The rooms are modern and well designed.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Extremely clean room and bathroom! The room was a bit small but had everything we needed, bed really comfy, staff super friendly and international, breakfast ok. Location good, 5€ cab ride to the city center. However, if you enjoy being walking distance to the city center this is not your choice, as there is 2-3 km distance from the hotel to the main attractions.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Suite

Not easy to get free parking outside the hotel but also not expensive (1,80 € from 8pm to 7am after that 0,80€ per hour)

Nice, clean and fair. 30-40minute walking distance to the city center

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Suite

Nice and clean hotel, very comfy beds, they offer local taxi to any destination in Ljubljana with fixed price . Very welcoming staff and kids friendly .

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Distance from centre is little bit far away

Bathroom and the bed

Room clean and new

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was really big and decorated with taste. It was very clean and I loved the fact that we had a little balcony in our room.

The room does not have a table to use it for a laptop or any other work.

Excellent renovated rooms, it was really clean and breakfast was tasty.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Although we did not watch the TV, we noticed the monitor was small.

The location and parking were great. The bed was particularly comfortable.

Everything was perfect!

Very comfortable bed, excellent room facilities

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little too small.

The hotel is like new and is great very good for that money! Rooms are very clean and great to see!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy like building working going on or something above our room

I hated the breakfast

Small bathroom

Breakfast was good. Vegan friendly.

Room view.

Great value for acceptable price! Domestic atmosphere, excellent food for breakfast, kind personall.

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast is good, yet rather limited in choice.

Clean, comfortable room.

• Standard Single Room

Since hotel was renovated two years ago it is already in a pore state.

Modern design.