Reviews of Hotel Penzion Jagodic 3 stars

Vopovlje 10, 4207 Cerklje na Gorenjskem, Slovenia

#5 of 5 hotels in Cerklje na Gorenjskem

The room had a little balcony.
    • Comfort Family Room

The hosts weren't very friendly when we arrived. The hotel was located next to a farm, so it smelled like manure inside our room. It seemed like the hotel was fully booked, so it was quiet busy and noisy in the early morning.

The room had a little balcony. The hotel was located 10 minutes from the airport, perfect for our early flight. Great pizzeria nearby.

Convenient to the airport

Wifi was a little slow.

Very nice family run hotel, the family helped us return our rental car and shuttled us to the airport for our early AM flight. Dinner and breakfast was quite good.

The warmest of welcomes to a wonderful Slovenia!

Could not fault it!

We arrived late and wanting to get a feel for the country we decided to make the late night stroll to the hotel (there are some sections where there are no paths, but we felt relatively safe as it wasn't busy at midnight and you could stay back from the road when cars passed. If you'd rather not do this, the hotel is more than happy to pickup or drop you off for 6 euro a car/minivan). The walk is approx 40 mins. When we arrived we were greeted by a young gent who apologized for not being able to get in touch with us and gave us lots of chocolate to replenish our energy - nice touch! The room was spacious and clean and the beds where very comfy - incidentally, this was the best night I slept in Slovenia - probably because of the air conditioning! A large and small towel was provided for each of us, and there was also soap provided in the shower. When the morning clouds parted, there were some stunning views of the mountains from the balcony. In the morning, we were given a ride to the airport to collect our rental car - really quick and hassle free. I really liked my stay here. The staff were all so friendly and the place was so cosy! REALLY IMPRESSED! I want to stay here again at some point!

Excellent property close to airport.

Clean, safe, comfortable place. Nice staff. Close to the Airport. Transfers to/from airport a reasonable EUR6.00. Staff very accommodating with requests. Well run property. Would stay again.

Great central place to stay near university end of town

Pillows could be softer

The hostel managers were all extremely helpful, going out of their way to ensure we had what we needed (eg taxi back to airport). The terrace is a lovely little oasis and sitting out drinking tea waiting the rain out a delight!

Cosy place
    • Budget Single Room

Parking space can be really low especially during the season.

The room was much bigger and more comfortable than I expected. Really good value for the money. I loved the breakfast - especially that I had a chance to make my eggs exactly how I wanted.

Home-style stay, close to the airport with good food and hospitality.

I heard several alarm clocks going off early in the morning - from neighboring rooms.

I arrived late one evening and had not had dinner. I asked if they had any food and they made me two sandwiches that really hit the spot - just what I needed! Clean. Close to the airport. Nice people, helpful. Good breakfast and dinner buffet - not automatically included, but that is OK.

I had a stop-over flight in Ljubljana, hence I needed a...

- Nothing really

I had a stop-over flight in Ljubljana, hence I needed a place to stay for one night, which would would be near the airport. A place to relax and have a rest after a long day of travelling and sightseeing. The expectations were met: - The property is relatively close to the airport. You can even walk there, but it will take you 40 min and the road is not ideal for pedestrians. Using, a car, a shuttle connection (fr around 5 euros) or a public bus will save you time. If you take a public bus from the airport in the direction to Ljubljana Central Station, you should get off at Spodnij Brnik. As far as I remember, the first stop from the airport, and the last one before airport travelling from Ljubljana. Then it's max 10 min to get to the place. - The room was clean and had all the necessary facilities. - The staff is nice and polite. They even gave me a wake-up call to make sure I don't miss an early flight. - You can eat at the property, although I did not try anything during my short stay.

Awesome location 5 min from the airport, cozy !
    • Budget Single Room

Awesome location when u need to catch an early flight. Its 5 ,im away from the airport. Its very cozy and has a homesome feeling to it. Since its run by a family. Absolute value for money! The staff was very attentive and friendly.

Food is very simple and basic, intended to meet the needs of...

Food is very simple and basic, intended to meet the needs of working men. Setting was lovely, staff friendly, airport pick-up personal and quick. Clean, comfortable way to spend a night.

Would recommend for anyone who has an early flight the following day.
    • Budget Twin Room

I had only one issue: I guess they forgot to check if the toilet was flushed. Other than that, everything was great!

The place was very cozy and the bed was very comfortable. I was worried when I learned that I was on the 3rd floor but they told me they had an elevator! The airport transfer was very convenient as I requested it at 5 AM; had to call the reception though. Still, as it was an early travel, the driver was still very happy to assist me. Dinner was at 10 EUR and was buffet. Enjoy the food. It would have been better if they had labels so I could recommend which ones I enjoyed. If I remember correctly, they had provided soap/shampoo dispenser. Towels were also provided. The family who owns the place was very accommodating.

Comfortable place near the airport
    • Comfort Family Room

Some problem during payment (the sum was inccorect, but the mistake was fixed immediatly)

Location very near to Ljubljana international airport and very easy to get there even at night. Good breakfast for reasonable price.

Fantastic family driving the hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room standard (beds, bathroom) can be improved. Not to be luxury, but to be much contemporary

Fantastic family driving the hotel. Always willing to support. And the location (a few minutes from the airport) is perfect. What is the marvellous mountain view!

Very cosy place and friendly staff.
    • Budget Single Room

Very cosy place and friendly staff. Arranged transport to the airport. I had booked the cheapest budget room and it was small but suited me well. The atmosphere was great.

Cant wait to go back!
    • Budget Single Room

Business run by good people with enthusiasm.Clean country setting and homely meals all at great value! Rooms and bathrooms sparkling clean and the owner woke up at 5am to shuttle us to the airport at no cost. I travel a lot for business and have a background in the service industry so often experience people simply going through the motions to make a buck...when people put effort in to their business they deserve to be supported. A great advert for Slovenia, I can't wait to return !

Best place nearby the LJU airport.
    • Quadruple Room

The place is fantastic, the location incredibly beautiful. A wonderful valley surrounded by mountains, lots of nature, farmers and animals. The way the world should be. Not to mention the food: mixed grilled meats and UNION PIVO (beer)!! The best.

Location was perfect for what we needed.
    • Quadruple Room

Just don't look under the beds - they haven't been cleaning there.

Location was perfect for what we needed. The room had an air conditioning unit but it did not work well. We had it set at 24 and the room never felt like it could down. We only stayed one night. They offer a dinner buffet for 10 euros with a large variety of food options.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

I had to take a flight in the morning
    • Budget Single Room

may be the hotel should modrenise the rooms and specially the disposition

I had to take a flight in the morning the owner drove me to the airport and I keep the car in the premises so I can take it on my return

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Great stay for flight access
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was no hot water late at night :(

Close proximity to airport and provision of shuttle by hotel was perfect for our brief overnight stay. Hotel was quaint. Room clean, comfy & spacious for 3. Breakfast had great choice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Perfect for early flights

No curtain on the shower, so water was quite splashed on the bathroom floor..

Very close to the airport, so handy for very early flights. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Charming, very homey hotel, with superb personal attention
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is charming and a pleasure to stay in: it feels like home. It is especially wonderful for its personal care. We had booked a stay here for one night and the kind managers allowed us to store a suitcase here for two months prior to our stay. In addition, they scheduled an appointment with a local immunization doctor so that we might obtain some needed vaccinations. We changed our plans to two nights and arrived to find a lovely twin room. It was spacious and had plenty of wardrobe space and a nice bathroom. We even had a balcony. Breakfast is a wide variety of choices, cheeses, meats, fruit, breads, pastries, eggs, cereals, etc. They even took us to the Ljubljana airport nearby at 5:30 am.

Clean , Big room .
    • Quadruple Room

my son had problems with the smell at the lobby ( from the cooking ) and you can smell the neighbor's cows.

Clean , Big room . with as elevator . very friendly staff .

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Mixed view

Difficult to communicate. Buffet meal poor value. Nothing for vegetarians except chips and still charged full set price. Flies.

Close to the airport Use of free bikes Stunning rural landscape

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Stunning hotel in perfect location for airport. Would love to return in winter.

Room was quite dusty. Loads of flies come in if you open the small balcony door. A bit confusing in the morning when I got downstairs to check out. Nobody was there and I thought I may miss my flight.

I stayed here as I had an early morning flight from the airport which is a 5 minute drive away. Free lift to airport in the morning from the staff. Stunningly beautiful ski-chalet style hotel. Buffet meal at dinner was delicious.

The best service.

The best service. Great Airport shuttle. Nice people, perfect buffet made by mother. It was a real pleasure to stay at this place.

Great location and staff were very friendly loved it

Great location and staff were very friendly loved it

Flexible hosts, good value.
    • Budget Twin Room

Airport pick up and late night check in. Close to bus stops.

Family run hotel close to airport

Staff very friendly and efficient

Flight cancelled stopped one night

Sleep didn’t have breakfast

The snow around it
    • Double or Twin Room

Not sure why the water in my shower was cold..

The snow around it

correct
    • Budget Twin Room

improove parking maybe but mostly your quests arrive with taxi maybe ? so it is ok

people

Friendly staff, the bed was comfortable

Poor breakfast.

Friendly staff, the bed was comfortable

Staff was very friendful
    • Budget Twin Room

The breakfast isnt included and it cost 6€ per person.It is lot of money for that kind of breakfast that i saw

Staff was very friendful

Excellent place to stay due to close distance from airport.
    • Budget Single Room

There was no heat water in the morning for shower.

Pick up from airport from hotel staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff

Very friendly and helpful staff

The room was absolutely wonderful!
    • Quadruple Room

The room was absolutely wonderful! Felt very homey and everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I will for sure be returning.

Bad 'kitchen' smell in all building

Bad 'kitchen' smell in all building

For short stay

Interior design, dark room

Clean, good value for money

Friendly staff.
    • Budget Twin Room

Friendly staff. Close by airport.

Very hospitable personal, big room, balcony in the room

It was not so good breakfast

Very hospitable personal, big room, balcony in the room

Location is close to the airport, with a shuttle possible...
    • Budget Single Room

Location is close to the airport, with a shuttle possible from the hotel. Service and food was great!

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, shuttle provided to and from airport.

Location to Airport

Poor breakfast

Convenient to Ljubljana airport, Bled, etc.

No problems at all

Convenient to Ljubljana airport, Bled, etc. in a pretty little village but close to motorway, etc.

great value , close to the airport

great value , close to the airport

Lovely place to stay

Pillow was to big but generally very good hotel

Very very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Excellent value, clean, good food and friendly staff.

Excellent value, clean, good food and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

transit via Ljubljana airport

Location by purpose of stay.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

quiet family run pension in a quiet village. Very close to airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

close to the airport. reliable shuttle service. Family business, great meals.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Good place for those who are having early morning flight from Ljubljana.
    • Double or Twin Room

Close to the airport, helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Good choice for comfort and airport accessibility.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location was remote but very good access to airport.

Excellent service and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Family hosts

No issues.

Large Room, friendly hosts. Hearty generous buffet.great value.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

ROI is high
    • Comfort Family Room

Bath room is small for a fimaly apartment

Location is perfect for star tour style

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Convenient for airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Sound travels through rooms a little.

Convenient for airport. Lovely helpful staff. Good price for room.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Staff at reception was very nice.

Noise!!! Soundproofing is not just absent, it's negative! People there think no one is around. At about midnight someone entered the room next to mine and started talking like during the day, full voice and it seemed it was the staff. Cleaning starts at 7am and they act like on a concert! All the wood surfaces are sticky. Outlets are limited and in very strange places. Wi-Fi is said to be there, but it's not working, it's unusable! If you're on a business trip and need to do some work in the evening, then have a good sleep and start at normal time next day, don't go there.

Staff at reception was very nice.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Very lovely small family run hotel.

Everything was great!

Very lovely small family run hotel. Staff are very palate and friendly, cozy corridors with plenty of decorations and big comfy rooms. Free wifi everythwere too! Food was delicious and home made - I think they may have their own farm as the food was really great! And of course the location is perfect if you are traveling from Ljubljana airport which is just 5min drive. The hotel also provides transfer services! Very great and warm hotel! Thank you for our stay.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

It was so very close to the airport and the fact that he...

Food was nothing special

It was so very close to the airport and the fact that he drove us to the airport even though our flight was very very early in the morning

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

Very close to the airport

The plumbing in the toilet exploded the first time we used it and the seat itself looked Ill maintained. There was a frying smell all over the place. The room was not evenly heated so some sleeping areas were cold.

Very close to the airport

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Decor, hospitality, location, cleanliness.

Not a criticism but location of the commode was a bit too close to the wall to sit comfortably. This is the only reason for not giving a full 10 rating.

Decor, hospitality, location, cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

We missed a plane from Frankfurt to Ljubljana, arrived at 10...

There is a farm across the street from this hotel with unpleasant smell and flies entering the room if you open the balcony door to get fresh air. My wife did not want to use gel/shampoo combination provided in the bathroom dispenser, she asked staff for shampoo, and had very unpleasant response from the hotel staff. Mediocre breakfast with a lot of flies in the breakfast room.

We missed a plane from Frankfurt to Ljubljana, arrived at 10 pm, and needed a room to sleep overnight. The hotel is close to the airport and it was inexpensive.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2015

We arrived from the airport after 8pm, which was after...

We arrived from the airport after 8pm, which was after normal dinner service but we were made very welcome and the owner prepared a lovely meal for us whilst we were unpacking. Couldn't have asked for better service and reasonably priced too.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2015

Very friendly staff

Very friendly staff I arrived late (the kitchen was closed) but they were kind enough to fix me decent meal The hotel provides airport shuttle service at very reasonable price Great value for the money

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Clean and tidy

Breakfast was poor, fruit was old and wizened. No croissants left at 8.30 or scrambled eggs

Clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Good brekfast.

Good brekfast. Very frendly staff-owners.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

Very nice staff, great location near the airport, beautifull...

Weird water flow in shower

Very nice staff, great location near the airport, beautifull place

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

All family work in hotel.

All family work in hotel. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Location : 3km from Ljubjana Airport.

Location : 3km from Ljubjana Airport. Good dinner (buffet)

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

Good air conditioner

Sewers smell all over the area outside

Good air conditioner

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

The room was big and the staff was very friendly.

The room was big and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Handy for the airport and the free schutle to the airport.

Lots of flies very uncomfortable while eating salad bar was uncovered open to flies.

Handy for the airport and the free schutle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

• Reviewed: 26 May 2015

Family-run hotel/penzion

Harder to find

Family-run hotel/penzion Dinner/breakfast buffet - possibility to make eggs on your own way

• Reviewed: 13 January 2015

Very adorable place, nice staff and got me to the airport on...

The rooms have thin walls so neighbors can be noisy.

Very adorable place, nice staff and got me to the airport on time no problem!

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Penzion Jagodic traveller photo gallery