Reviews of Danubia Gate 4 stars

Dunajská 26, 81108 Bratislava, Slovakia

#3 of 104 hotels in Bratislava

The location and facilities were great and what I expected. What made my stay extra special was the hospitality! The receptionist at check-in assessed my needs as a guest and ensured that I had the perfect room, as well as information so I could enjoy my stay in Bratislava. There was even a small gift - a magnet and chocolate - and check out, which was a nice touch. I really appreciated that they went the extra mile and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Danubia Gate!

• Deluxe Double Room

The lift stopped working and it was going to be hard for me to go down and up on the fifth floor ,luckly it was fixed very quickly the day after .

Everyone was very helpful especialy the lovely receptionist who was there every morning ,she spoke to us in English and helped us make our weekend one to remember she guided us to a lot of lovely places of interest in bratislava! We really enjoyed ,thanks so much ! Missing the place already!

Shuttle service provided by hotel is too expensive (27 euros), probably with Uber would have been much cheaper. The hotel restaurant closes at 20.00 too early.

The breakfast was good with a number of choices. Coffee-making machine in the room with a bottle of mineral water made available everyday. The hotel is only 15 minutes walk from City Centre and 10 minutes walk from the Eurovea Shopping Mall.

everything great

Very clean room,very close to all sightseeings, very good variety breakfast,great staff helping us out in anything we asked.I would suggest this hotel to anyone

The staff were superb. I had to stay in Bratislava for a night as my flight was cancelled. I couldn't have wished for a better place to stay - the room was spacious and clean. And it's centrally located. A special mention to Gaby who printed off my boarding pass for new flight. She was really helpful. These things make a difference after the drama of a cancelled flight

When we checked in we met Nora and she made a real difference, she was very friendly and provided great advice for everything we wanted to do and more. She is a real asset to the Hotel. Breakfast is excellent also with very kind staff who really take care of you.

Fantastic location, very clean, highly helpful stuff, specially Juraj from restaurant - listen his tips for vine tasting in Bratislava. Shortly, great place to stay!

It didn’t appear to be possible to manually control the air conditioning and the room was rather hot.

Excellent staff, especially in the restaurant. Hotel was in a very convenient location within a short walk from the historical centre and the tram stop from/to the railway station. Breakfast was very good, as was also the food available at lunch and dinner.

The fridge in the mini bar, I think it's only powered when the key card is in the slot. The parking is quite small and it'S somewhat difficult to maneuver.

Walking distance to the center Very nice staff. Would definitely recommend

Breakfast served in fairly small area; many items displayed on bar counter a bit too tall for shorter visitors.

Well located for centre of city. Reception staff knowledgeable and helpful. Room well furnished and spacious, with seating. Good shower. Good restaurant ( U Kubistu) within easy walking distance.

• Deluxe Double Room

Same as most city hotels on Friday nights noisy guests returning from clubbing at 5am .. not the hotels fault but annoying just the same doors banging over loud voices etc

Breakfast selection and quality

The wall of the room is too thin. I lived in a room that was super noisy during the midnight and in the very early morning. The breakfast was not the best. The staff did not replace new food when the plates were already empty for a long time.

The hotel is very near the old city, with only 5 minutes walk. It is also very near the famous blue church. The room in the hotel is very spacious, with all the facilities those I needed and even those I did not expect. Considering this, the price was quite reasonable. The staff there were very friendly and informative.

It’s small - both the rooms, the reception, breakfast area and bathrooms. Really clean and comfy but I’d call it a 4*penaion rather than a 4* hotel. IMHO it’s overrated and overpriced compared to some other hotels that often come at a lower price and better quality for example bigger rooms, more selection in the breakfast buffet, larger breakfast area.

Staff are amazing - very helpful and professional at all times, I even overheard some of their small talks - how they talked about the customer orders and customers among each other and it was always highly professional and nice. It’s a warm, lovely little place

Nothing really. More milk for tea would be good. Sometimes issues with language barrier but, hey, better than my Slovakian!

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. Situated very close to the old town. Tea making facilities in room. On the whole staff were very friendly and helpful. Great breakfasts served til 11!

4* - a bit too much. Be careful during your breakfast! One of the waiters is crazy about how you use a coffee machine! He screams at guests and instructs them at loud! It was mean…

Perfect localization! Very nice and helpful reception staff and a lady that works at the bar! Welcome drink :)

Excellent hotel with good location and perfect service. All the staff were very attentive and careful with me. I felt very welcomed by everyone, especially Miss Nora and the gentleman in charge of the restaurant (my fault had not correctly learned the name of this kind gentleman). When I arrived, I was cordially attended by another receptionist who, together with another attendant, offered me a drink or juice, anyway, all very affectionate. The hotel has a fair price. My room was large and comfortable with excellent bathroom, clean and with a very efficient shower. Very clean towels and sheets. Bottle of sparkling water is courtesy. Excellent breakfast. My room, although facing the main street, was very quiet. When I return to Bratislava, I will definitely return to this hotel. I recommend.

A small but nice hotel in the center of Bratislava, friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms with good bathrooms. I got a free upgrade to an Executive room which was excellent. Good breakfast with specially prepared hot options. Perfect WiFi.

Sound proofing of room was poor, could hear next door singing in the bathroom and on the other side talking.

Great beds and shower was good. Breakfast was decent and eggs made to order. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable.

This was sons first holiday abroad so a little instruction about security to operate lift would have been helpful

Great breakfast very comfortable beds helpful staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. We really enjoyed it.

We loved the location, very close to everything but not in the middle of it. It was much quieter than expected. The staff was awesome. the ladies at the from desk, I believe it was Nora and Gaby were incredibly friendly and helpful. Above and beyond. They not only recommended places but went out of their way to find out more about our likes and dislikes to adjust their recommendations.

All good.

The Hotel was very nice and clean and very close from the old town centre. The Deluxe room was as advertised. The breakfast was delicious and nice choice, although limited. We were really delighted about the stuff attitude, they were very helpful and nice.

Location was perfect for walking to Old Town. We got upgraded to a superior rooom which was perfect. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The hotel was very nice, it is placed very close to the Old Town, so it was perfect for our short stay for the weekend. The room was very clean and had all necessary amenities. The breakfast was very good with a variety of choice. We especially liked Nora at the reception - she was very kind, helpful and provided an excellent customer service! :-) We enjoyed also our Polish-Slovak morning conversations with the staff serving breakfast. :-)

Just an extended one night stay - and I wish I could have stayed longer. An absolutely super team of staff looking after a small, quality establishment. Very convenient for the Old Town with tram stops nearby to cover my travel needs. Shall stay again.

Breakfast was superb, fresh orange juice, pancakes and omelette were made fresh to order and were superb! Ceiling décor in breakfast area was a beautiful touch. Bed was superb comfy and soft. Bathroom had a lovely layout. Hotel is superbly located for a complete tour of Bratislava.

Nothing it was perfect

The staff were very pleasant and helpful at all times. The breakfast was really good, with lots of choice. The room was great, really comfortable and everything we needed, and was in a great location for getting to everywhere. Would highly recommend this hotel to all people.

The cleanliness and atmosphere made for a very relaxing stay. Staff were so attentive amd warm especially the lovely Nora at reception. Breakfast was excellent with great variety. Great location also , only a few minutes walk into the centre of town. No noise pollution , quiet area. Highly recommended this boutique hotel. Caroline from Ireland.

Every person who works there are really friendly and nice. It always made my day when someone is greeting you with smile on thier faces. I cought a cold so I was sick couple of days but employees in the restaurant made it better for me and taking care of me and cheared me up. Made me tea and asking me if I need anything. I really love thier attitude.

Good value for money. I was on a 3 day business in BA and I can only recommend it! Easy parking, fine breakfast, comfortable room & most of all good nights sleep! When I'm gonna come next time I'll definitely return.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet even facing the street; the breakfast selection was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful

The hotel was like an oasis in the city. The decor was fresh and clean, the staff friendly and helpful. We only had breakfast there, but there was a big variety of very tasty food (buffet) that kept me full under late afternoon! The room was an average size and had everything the way you would want it. The hotel was within a short walk away from the old town, and you can walk from the train station (as long as you are not carrying heavy bags).

Parking is rather expensive.

The hotel is situated near the city center. There is Lido supermarket near the hotel. Breakfast is very good. Hotel parking. The room was big and comfortable. Bathroom is also very good. The staff of the hotel is very helpful and friendly - always ready to help.

Could hear TV from room next door, but nothing dramatic.

This is definitely one of the best 4* to stay in Bratislava centre. Modern room decorated with taste, clean. Large modern bathroom. Great wifi, we could stream Netflix without issue. Very good breakfast, they also offered 'à la carte' for free. Very nice staff.

Hotel Bar closes at 9 pm.

Excellent breakfast. On arrival we had complimentary hot punch and cookies. Complimentary water in the bedrooms. Staff very friendly and helpful and were clear and direct in directing us to the various places we wanted to visit. Overall a very nice experience at Danubia Gate.

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent choice of food for breakfast, very kind staff at the reception as well as in the bar, cleaning staff brought us an anatomic pillow within 5 minutes (yes, you can ask for a different pillow), hotel is 5 minutes from the main square by foot, our deluxe room was very comfortable, large and clean. Highly recommended place for all travelers!

very friendly staff, welcome drink included, very good breakfast, closed to the City Center, closed to the main Train Station and Ferry Station. we highly recommend this accommodation!

• Deluxe Double Room

Great place for a romantic couples Run away (3 person spa tub, mood lights, music piped into room if desired) really nice. We were on a family trip and the rooms were big and had a small fridge. staff was super helpful booking taxi's and offering tour recommendations. Hotel send an email to you before you arrive with all sorts of good information and you can check in on line.

Super nice and helpful staff - the lady at the reception looked up bus times for us and gave us accurate directions to public transportation; very good breakfast, great variety of food; when we arrived, we were greeted with a glass of champagne and felt welcome; location is very good, the city centre is within walking distance (about five minutes); also very quiet, very clean, very modern. If we go to Bratislava again, we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

I thought the rooms would be nicer.. I had a single room - it was quite small, single bed, a bit down-market, could use renovation. Breakfast was OK but the eggs and bacon were cold.

Very friendly staff, good location near the old town center.

A little far from the pedestrian zone on a cold windy autumn day. :)

A very clean hotel with excellent staff trained to a high level. Great breakfast too. Well done Danube Gate Hotel!!

They offered us an "upgrade" first; i..e. to a room with a jacuzzi but it did not have a shower. We chose a standard room. Room temperature was an issue.

Staff was very helpful. Location was good. Standard room was fine. Fortunately we were able to open a window and cool off the room. If that had not been possible, temperature would have been an issue. Our room overlooked a main street but we were lucky that noise was not a problem that night Breakfast area is small but breakfast was OK.

• Deluxe Double Room

Reception wanted to sell us a local tourist tour of Euro 20 per pax but all sites are within walking distance. No air conditioning and no electric fan available. Only have massage bath but no standing shower facility. Some decoration stones on the toilet floor could make bare feet feel uncomfortable. Close to supermarket and department store.

Close to old town. Spacious room. Welcome drink and goodbye chocolate. Comfortable beds. Good breakfast (but dinning space is small). Lots of private parking spaces.

It was the second time that we stood at this hotel. It's a great hotel, in a very good location. The breakfast is great, the staff very friendly and helpful and the rooms very comfort.

Nothing to comment on

The Danubia Gate Hotel is located in close walking distance of the Old Town which is a must-see when visiting Bratislava. The Hotel meets all travellers requirement s and expectations. The personnel are exceptionally friendly, professional and helpful. The Single room occupied was moe than spacious enough with all requisites. Breakfast was fabulous with a wide variety for all tastes. A special thanks to Nora at the front desk for all the assistance when entering a country whose language you do not even understand. Nora is eloquent in English and could assist with all required advice. Thank you once again - I will indeed return if I have the privilege of visiting Bratislava in future. Complimentary water in room which is always very welcome when one is a stranger in a city.

We were given a glass of champagne on arrival. Large room with sofa and 2 chairs. Beautiful bathroom with enormous corner bath and separate toilet next door. 3 TVs . One for seating area, one above bed and one in bathroom. Our son was also staying in smaller room across the landing. It felt we had our own floor. Hotel is 5 mins walk from the Old Town and there is a big department store across the road. Hotel parking through arch around the back.

Water coming into the room from the roof (broken sprinkler?) and aggressively driving staff member who the hotel later on apologized for and climed that the situation will become better (could have killed me with his 'rally').

Some nice staff, really!

Location was a little bit off from the Center. . Small gym.

Friendly staff and very good breakfast to my taste. Rooms are clean and spacious enough. Good showers.

I booked a standard double room for just 1 night, then upgraded to a lovely room with balcony on the top floor. It was like a suite, big bed, very comfy. Room was very clean, the bathroom was nice with a very good shower all very modern. Large screen TV -stations included BBC news. My friend had booked a single room only which she said wasn't as nice but adequate for the length of our stay. I didn't have the included breakfast but it looked nice. Good to see free fruit and biscuits in the lobby, we were welcomed with a nice local fizzy wine (nice touch) and the staff we encountered were all very nice especially the women on the Reception. I reckon a good place to stay if going to enjoy Bratislava which is a lovely town.

The hotel is well-located on a quiet street around 10 minutes walk from the old town. The staff at reception are lovely and helpful and I liked the free fruit and sweet snacks in reception. We were also given a welcome drink on arrival which was a lovely touch. The rooms are tasteful and comfortable. My room was very quiet; breakfast and wifi were fine. I would choose this hotel again if I return to Bratislava.

Nothing of importance.

The location was better than I'd anticipated: convenient both for the city centre and for public transport. Breakfast was as good as mentioned by previous reviews, with plenty of choice for what is a relatively small hotel and excellent coffee. All staff were friendly and helpful.

nothing!

short walking distance from the centre of Bratislava, was very comfortable hotel, superb breakfast!!! Clean room and very friendly staff at the hotel.

The main problem was the not properly operation of a fridge during these hot days in Bratislava. Moreover the breakfast didn't have a standard quality and quantity every day. At last :) pls no more flags at the front of hotels... it is so old fashioned!

Great location, near the old city but in a quite neigborhood. Easy transition from airport by public transportation. You can buy Bratislava city card from reception. Cleaness in a high standard and modern interior design. I appreciated the small fresh plant in my room and the coloured flowers on the breakfast tables. Helpful and smiley especially the female staff.

location close to the city center, parking inside, excellent breakfast, extremely quiet rooms, late check out if requested, i will go back there when again in Bratislava.

air conditioner too noisey, no area to sit and relax outside the bedroom.we needed our boarding cards printed out and they didnt have public printing.not being able to find an internet cafe anywhere we had to find another hotel to do the printing.

pasteries and cakes very good .most in need of light summer bedding.

The bedrooms could probably do with a refurbishment- the fittings are a little tatty. The beds are a little small. Also the curtains do not have full black out linings.

The reception staff were particularly friendly and helpful. We were able to quite cheaply keep one room until 1pm on the day of our check out, to keep our cases and valuables there. The breakfasts were excellent for a small hotel- lots of fresh fruit and cheeses. The reception date sorted out the rooms we wanted after email contact and arranged our transfers to and from the airport quite cheaply.

I didn't like the coffee - I am used to strong (Italian) espresso and there could be more fresh vegetables for breakfast.

Excellent location - The Blue Church is just few steps away, very comfortable beds and very helpful staff. Breakfast is served until 11 a.m. , which is excellent for late sleepers.

Our 2nd time there. Great and helpful staff! Located walking distance from top sights. Clean and quiet room. Big choice breakfast. Will always book here when in Bratislava.

• Deluxe Double Room

The airco seem to work only at one temperature and I prefer it to be colder. Also the matras to soft for me.

Friendly reception, a big great room with design flavor and allot of extra's like the jaccucci, a sound system and 3 televisions.

Our room was beautiful, very spacious and clean. Bathroom was big too. Having a PC in the room was a nice extra! Beds were very comfortable. The hotel is a few mins walk from the centre. Breakfast was good although not a huge choice, but they had a smoothie which I don't think I have ever seen in any of the hotels I ever stayed in! All the staff we very nice and informative, very friendly and helpful. In case of rain, there are hotel umbrellas in the lobby for you to use. At the check out we received some chocolates and a Bratislava magnet as a gift. Wonderful touch! Would stay at this hotel again without a doubt!

The (spacious and modern) room was brilliant, on the top floor with a balcony that gives a view of Bratislava and the Castle on the hill. Absolutely perfect. The city center of Bratislava is at a stroll's disctance, and within the center everything is closeby. Walk down to the river and enjoy the bars and restaurants on top of the river boats: beautiful view, nice and cool and quiet. Really nice.

Moquette, no alternative to cow milk for breakfast, no vegan friendly food

Materass really comfortable, clean and nice shower. Perfect position to get in few minutes straight to the centre. Safe area too

Not much - hotel was good for us and staff probably about the most friendly and helpful my wife and I have come across on our travels

Lovely bedroom with space and excellent shower/bathroom

A friendly atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. A jug of squash and dish of biscuits available 24/7 in the reception area. close to tram stop and only 5 minutes by foot to the Old Town

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

No shower stall. There was a shower head with in the tub but no stall so it made it difficult to wash your hair etc. The parking was extremely tight, if you have a larger vehicle I don't recommend it.

There was a Jacuzzi style tub in the bathroom, it was amazing. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a standard European breakfast.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The hotel is placed near the old town center in a very nice location. From the upper side apartments you have a nice view of Bratislava castle. The tourist attractions nearby city center can be visited by feet or by city tour bus.

• Deluxe Double Room

Nora the receptionist was brilliant. Three types of pillows to choose from. Clean room and spacious. Located out of the Old Town but not very far to walk to centre Nice and quiet Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The hotel was in a great location, only a 5 minute walk to the old town. Easy to get to from the main train station. Tram 2 outside the train station and 5 stops to the hotel and old town. It was quite around the hotel and very safe. The hotel was lovely and clean. Rooms were good and aircondioning worked well. The staff were very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. Would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The air conditioning was broken the day we checked in, and we spend a warm first night. It was fixed the next day. The taxi company the hotel uses would have charged us 63 Euro to drive us to Vienna airport, but it was easy to arrange for the airport transfer on-line for 40 Euro.

The hotel is in a good location, about a 10-minute walk to the old city. The room is on the small side but with two small chairs in addition to the desk chair. Loads of work space and a wired computer, if you don't bring your own. The queen-size bed was extra comfortable and the bath was large with lots of shelf space and a large shower with two shower heads. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Finally, the restaurant is outstanding, superb breakfast and dinner.

Our comfort score was affected by the air conditioning being inoperative on 30'C days. We understand such things occur through no-one's fault. The staff easily made up for this - they were extremely pleasant and helpful.

The location was central but the hotel itself was located on a grim looking street lots of rubbish and vacant buildings and adult entertainment. The check in was difficult as I had changed the booking online a few times through booking .com and the receptionist was looking through printed A4 pages to find the booking and everything was booked under an old cancelled booking in a friends name that I had cancelled weeks previously because they didn't travel in the end

The breakfast had a good selection of different foods on offer. The room was clean and staff friendly

Tv channels were hard to navigate. A little noisy at night

Welcome drink and free nibbles available, great breakfast spread and friendly staff. Great location near to but just outside old town

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

We had to pay 12 euros per night for the parking. They could offer free parking for the clients, especially for the ones that reserves expensive rooms (we had a deluxe room). The restaurant is available only until 7 PM which is too early.

Everything else was great!! They offered us bath salt for jacuzzi (one package per day). Also we found 2 candles in the bathroom which was nice. A lot of cool lights in the room and bathroom, music, two TVs in the room and one in the bathroom, fridge, PC. Comfortable bed. Awesome breakfast, great coffee!!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

The room was extremely clean, the staff very friendly and helpful. Tell everybody to barter with the thieving taxi drivers. But definitely book this hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The personal of the hotel is very nice, we were offered a complimentary drink as soon as we arrived. Teh breakfast was good and with a nice selection of food. The deluxe rooms is very comfortable and has a private Whrilpool. There's a TV with a DVD reader in the bathroom. The location is also really good, easy to get there with the tram from the main station, and the city center is only 5-10 minutes away by foot.

Not many restaurants nearly but we found a couple of excellent cafes. Bed very comfortable with lots of pillows. Breakfast ok. Staff friendly and helpful.

Browse Danubia Gate traveller photo gallery