Reviews of Hotel Blue Garni 3 stars

Hontianska 4, Ruzinov, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia

#44 of 108 hotels in Bratislava

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Location is good, easy access to the city centre without...

Photos of the rooms on the site were only photos of superiour rooms, there was no photos of standard rooms so when I arrived it wasn't exactly the way I was expecting

Location is good, easy access to the city centre without needing a taxi or any other transport

Cheap hotel near bus stand

The view is boring .. room key didn't work for the first time

Nice quiet hotel .. just two stops away from the central bus station .. one can even walk if the weather is good .. they also keep your luggage, so it's ideal if you have work and catch a afternoon bus (to Vienna airport and fly onwards from Vienna)

Magic. I was feeling BLUE in this hotel.

To have a longer stay there.

The blue colour was all over, impressing me in the bath room, in the napkins from the restaurant, on some walls etc. The receptionist were all very nice and gave me very good explanatoins how to visit main attractions in Bratsilava using buses, to get a cruise on the Danube river etc. I wish to return there soon :))

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Really lovely.

Nothing bad.

Way much better than i expected. Very clean room, comfortable bed, really nice staff. Location is good, only few bus stops away from the city centre.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Lovely staff who are very helpful, and a great location.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Lovely staff who are very helpful, and a great location. The hotel is a bit older so it's not in perfect shape (one of the blinds was broken in our room, and the shower handle wasn't working properly) but it was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. A great place to stay in Bratislava!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Avoid this place especially in summer

There is no AC, although the room description say there is one. They use some central AC which can't be even seen and it definitely didn't work. The staff actually lied about it. The elevator was also broken sometimes - it didn't go down, but it went up. Will never stay here again.

The breakfast was cooked even earlier than it was promised and it was good. Very useful if you have an early checkout.

Spacious room with breakfast which you don't get.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Breakfast were pathetic, you have to come as eary as possible to get something to eat since nobody refills the hot dish pans and even eggs were underboiled. Asortiment was also very very small, can't even make a proper coffee .

spacious apartaments for three peoples (two separate rooms)

Quite comfortable for one night on the way to e.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

We left at night, but earier I woke up and found out that the electricity was off (some failure), it was a bit scary!

Quite comfortable for one night on the way to e.g. Croatia.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

All was very cool, although one of the air conditioning...
    • Family Room

All was very cool, although one of the air conditioning maschines wasnt working perfectly. Second thing, the inside door knob wasnt screwed back enough and was quite loose, you could even pull it out with a swift and strong move. But that was only the 2 tiny little things you could have a little bad impression about. Rest was fine like breakfast, nreaby public transport etc.

3.5
    Power cut out and never returned. No air conditioning as claimed. Avoid.

This property does not have air conditioning (they claim there's a cooling system in the ceiling, but I saw no evidence of it - it was extremely hot in the room in July) The power cut out at midnight and never returned during our stay, so my partner and I were not able to shower in the morning. The food we had stored in the minibar fridge was ruined. Despite all of this the staff on duty were unwilling to refund us even part of the cost, and management have ignored our email about the issue. Avoid.

Good breakfast.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Not very big room. No balcony. No TV and it was the evening with the final football match in the world's championship. Far away from the city center.

Good breakfast. Good cappuccino

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Air conditioning and spacious room.
    • Family Room

The view from the window was also not worth a meal. The shower hanging down all the time, it was awkward to wash. Quality and price ratio somewhere away.

Air conditioning and spacious room. Nice person.

Hiding problems from guests
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

No hot water, no air con. The most troubling thing was that we weren't warned about the situation at check-in, or offered any alternatives until they could fix the problem ( normal alternatives in this case are arrangement with another hotel or spa tickets for showering). We checked in, paid, and then when we discovered problems, they admitted them but only solution they offered was to write an e-mail to get 20% refund. Traveling with kids in the heat wave and having no air con and no opportunity to warm shower (there was cold water though) is not the choice we would have made, if they had said something at the check-in.

Good breakfast

Staff was very kindly and helpful

When I searched in booking.com i choose the hotel which have air conditioning so I choose this hotel According to what they wrote about the specifications that they have air condition in the room but the fact they don’t have any air conditione in the room and this not good to give the guest idea for things they don’t have it

Staff was very kindly and helpful Room and location and anther services was good

Expensive as its away from city center no aircon so avoid in hot season like summer.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

No Airconditioning. Hotel charged us as a air conditioning in all room hotel.

Staff was very helpful. Hitel does not have air condition. Onky two rooms on the 4th floor have a air conditioning unit. I was no the 3rdfllor1st nighy was brry hit hitel staff said we have water travellingnthroughbthe ceiling, will get cokd in two hours. It was a very hot night with window open was very noisy as close to main road.

Very helpful staff.

It says 350m to old town but is quite far. Breakfast choices very limited fir a vegan/vegetarian.

Very helpful staff. Clean hotel on a quiet street.

The location of the hotel is really good - near to the city...
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The location of the hotel is really good - near to the city center, but in a small and quiet street. The staff was nice, friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. Hotel parking in the yard watched by camera.

Great place, great staff!

Not many options in the breakfast (no alternatives for milk),

The staff was super nice and helpful! The room was clean and comfortable. Good location, a short walk from the central bus station. Breakfast included was good to have.

Nice place to stay for a short duration with clean rooms and good value for money!

The ceiling-cooling "air-conditioning" system in the rooms seems like a nice concept, but it seems to lack some benefits of regular air-conditioning. Firstly, apparently, you can only regulate the temperature by 2-3 degrees. Secondly, there seems to be no ventilation unless you open the window (allowing hot air to more easily come inside); it simply seems to be the case that the ceiling is cold and it therefore cools rising heat. Thirdly, you don't get that relief of cool air hitting your face after having been out in the hot sun. The view was not too great either. It is a good place to stay, but the room may seem rather simple at first impression. The bed and pillow were not top quality in my opinion and quite simple (although I did sleep very well). More pillows could have been provided to be able to watch TV from the bed, but this was a minor inconvenience only. The minibar fridge was humming a bit, but only seldom so it was not any problem at all. There aren't too many dining options in the area... there are some places at the Apollo business center and a Chinese restaurant if you walk up the street about 10 minutes, but it doesn't seem close to many other restaurants. TV didn't seem to have any international channels, just a few Czech or Slovak ones. If air-conditioning is important to you, then it would perhaps be wise to reconsider this place. I probably wouldn't recommend it for long stays, but if you are staying for one or two days, then I think it's really good.

Decent rooms, very friendly staff and very helpful!!! Everything is clean. There is a minibar, television and desk to write on. Rooms have ceiling-cooling so it's cooler than the outside in the summer. Value for money was good and it is walking distance from the central bus station. There is a Tesco not too far up the road (a bit difficult to find at first) and you need to walk about 5-10 minutes. Also a Chinese restaurant not too far away. The hotel is located in a quiet residential area, but at the same time, next to the Apollo Business Center. A Coffeeshop Company is located not too far away.

You get way more than what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

Nothing particularly. If I have to nitpick: the items in the breakfast buffet were being replenished at a slower pace. We have to wait for a refill.

Very friendly staff and super clean property. Its well connected to the city center and just 5 mins away from central bus station. They also have a pretty wide breakfast spread.

I did not like the guy at the reception desk insisting that...

I did not like the guy at the reception desk insisting that my booking through Booking.com is not paid (although I had a confirmation mail with the booking code) and making me pay once again for the two rooms I booked. Then I went back home and realized that my credit card was double charged. This is really not O.K.

Great hotel with dreadful one size fits all temperature

This place would be a great hotel if the heating could be controlled by the guest and not the hotel. It was like an oven in the room and there was no way to adjust the temperature or just turn it off. I don't like a hotel telling me what my ideal temperature is... I had to sleep with the window wide open facing some housing block just to get some fresh, less stifling air into the room.

Modern and clean decor.

A Jekyll and Hyde Stay Hotel.... Disgraceful, Unprofessional & Unhospitable Management....

The hotel is located quite close to Bratislava City centre and to its amenities just an 8/10 mns bus ride from it. It is fairly accessible and pleasantly decorated. The hotel is small but well set up and very functional. The reception area is small, simple but light, attractive and very effective. It serves also as the Breakfast area. The receptionist who checked me in (Lucas, I believe, was his name...) was very helpful, welcoming and indeed professional. The check in was admirable.... I 've got to meet the night shift receptionist moments later when I went down to the lobby to wait for a friend who was to pick me up at the hotel, to go for a diner in town....... Maria (her name is) was exquisite. She was very warm, welcoming and her English was amazing. I enjoyed so much chatting with these two receptionists taking over their separate shifts. I felt really homely with these people. I enjoyed the room , the set up the cleanliness, the hospitality... I was due to stay 3 nights at the hotel and 2 more nights elsewhere. I was so overwhelmed by the status of the small but functional hotel and its wonderful reception staff , that I decided I might as well extend my stay there, for my last two nights in Slovakia. I asked both Lucas and Maria if they could look at their bookings and see if they could extend my stay at the hotel for the Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 March 2018. My bookings were set from Friday 23rd till Monday 26th March 2018 and all paid for already. Both employees in turn checked their bookings and confirmed there was a possibility to extend my stay at a cost of 47 Euros extra per night including breakfast. I decided to take the offer and asked them to confirm the booking on their computer system , which was done on the spot. After consuming with my friend free drinks at the hotel, I called for a taxi and left the hotel for our evening out.

The hotel is located quite close to Bratislava City centre and its amenities just an 8/10 mns bus ride from it. It is fairly accessible and pleasantly decorated. The hotel is small but well set up and very functional. The reception area is small, simple but light, attractive and very effective. It serves also as the Breakfast area. The receptionist who checked me in (Lucas, I believe, was his name...) was very helpful, welcoming and indeed professional. The check in was admirable.... I 've got to meet the night shift receptionist moments later when I went down to the lobby to wait for a friend who was pick me up at the hotel for a diner in town....... Maria (her name is) was exquisite. She was very warm, welcoming and her English was amazing. I enjoyed so much chatting with these two receptionists taking over their separate shifts. I felt really homely with these people. I enjoyed the room , the set up the cleanliness, the hospitality...I was overwhelmed. I was due to stay 3 nights at the hotel and 2 more nights elsewhere. I was so overwhelmed by the status of the small but functional hotel and its wonderful reception staff , that I decided I might as well extend my stay there, for my last two nights in Slovakia. I asked both Lucas and Maria if they could look at their bookings and see if they could extend my stay at the hotel for the Monday 26 and Tuesday 27 March 2018. My bookings were set from Friday 23rd till Monday 26th March 2018 and all paid for already. Both employees in turn checked their bookings and confirmed there was a possibility to extend my stay at a cost of 47 Euros extra per night including breakfast. I decided to take the offer and asked them to confirm the booking on their computer system , which was done on the spot. After consuming with my friend free drinks at the hotel, I called for a taxi and left the hotel for our evening out.

The stay in this hotel is "OK" in true sense of...

The stay in this hotel is "OK" in true sense of this - no Glamour, no extra Joy...good for one night in Bratislava... 2 km walk from Eurovea shopping - eating on Danube...little bit longer distance to the true citi center.

Pleasant stay :)

Horrible coffe at the breakfast, dirty white couch in the room and some renovation needed to the bathroom.

The room was big, the bed was confortable, bathroom was big and the location is good if you are with the car.

Unwelcoming receptionist who watched Tv instead of looking...

Unwelcoming receptionist who watched Tv instead of looking after us. Noisy fridge in the room, so we couldn't sleep during the night. Poor breakfast.

excellent hotel

nothing.

Always was amazing.The bed was very comfortable.The breakfast was very rich and very delicious.Conveneant location.All the staff was very polite.Everywhere was very clean an cosy. Very good hotel for this price! I’m so pleased!

Probably the breakfast.

A bit too old, requires renovation. The room was not clean enough. The street noise is easy to hear.

Probably the breakfast. The staff were very nice and friendly. The trolley stop is next to the building, which makes getting to the city centre convenient.

A small gem hidden in Bratislava's perimeter.
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The room was not very comfortable for 3 persons, but for 2 is ideal. Nevertheless we had not a significant problem.

It is a cosy, small hotel which offers customers a very pleasant and comfortable stay in Bratislava. Warm (very warm actually) and clean rooms, modern design, very good breakfast in a small but bright and "family type" mess facility. Vert friendly and supportive english speaking staff, 24/7 reception, daily room service. Only 5 min by bus (bus station right in the opposite corner, bus tickets can be bought in the hotel's reception) from the city's historical centre. A real value for money and more.

Good location, bus station was beside property

We couldn't control the temperature in our room...it was very very hot, and when we opened the window voices of cars was very loud

Good location, bus station was beside property

good value for money, clean rooms, nice staff

the parking space behind the hotel is too tight and you have to manipulate with your vehicle for a while to get it into the spot just right so you would maneuver out later and there is no visible sign informing about the location of the hotel from Prievozska street(at least I didnt notice), so you have to know where to turn to find it, even though it's very close to the main road

The location is very suitable for business guests who wish to travel around and out of town, great proximity to main bus station, train station is only 15 minutes out via public transport, bed and facilities were satisfactory, breakfast was good, with lots of options, parking space is available for 10 EUR per night

Good choice for staying in Bratislava, but might be more suitable for business travelers

The hotel is located in a bit remote area from major atractions. But taxi (including uber) is relatively cheap.

New hotel, clean rooms, friendly and client oriented stuff. Good variety for breakfast. 15 minutes by car to the airport.

Honest little hotel, with good value for the money;

Honest little hotel, with good value for the money; basic, but comfortable, with anything one should need for a short stay, including a good breakfast.

Good location, easy parking, nice room, friendly stuff.

Somewhat bad air in the room when we arrived (nothing serious though, a few minutes of open window and everything was OK). Breakfast could offer more options but all and all quite good and tasty.

Good location, easy parking, nice room, friendly stuff...

Good choice for Bratislava

It was pretty cold in the room during the nights. The heating system starts in the morning. Although I have not asked and verified it at the reception, seems to be a normal practice. Second thing, which is pretty much disturbing and one should always remind it not to do: the small decorative pillow, which is obviously not the cleanest one, is always put directly on the clean sleeping pillow. What is the idea behind stays a mistery for me.

It is not the first time I stay in this Hotel. I believe this is a good value for what one gets and in general it is very Ok.

Simple, quiet, clean accomodation away from the city core with easy access to bus transport

Not much in the near area in terms of restaurants, sites, etc. and the only eatery recommended nearby was closed during the period we were visiting. However, bus transportation is very close to get to the city center and is not expensive.

This accommodation was simple, clean, and quiet. We did not have breakfast as we had to leave early to catch a bus so cannot comment on the food. Local bus Transportation was very close and worked well to get to the city centre and other points.

Nice for a one-night stay

Street parking is very limited and the hotel parking is for only 6 cars and it is very difficult to park in such a small area.

Friendly front desk person -- even though her English wasn't real good, she was helpful. This is an older facility but the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was small, but good.

Nice hotel in a good location

No particular facilities inside the hotel such as lobby or wellness, but it's a small hotel anyway.

Hotel was clean and nicely furnished. Everyday we got bottled water, coffee and tea in the room. Bathroom was nice and tidy. Personnel of the hotel was helpful and kind. Solid breakfast, good location (about 25 minutes walk to the center of Bratislava) and tram stop just a minute walk from the hotel. Also, I need to mention that WiFi was great!

The price which I payed was absolutely not suitable for that hotel.

I was disgusted from black hairs on the toilet's floor. Honestly purity of toilet was bad.

Practically there was nothing special in the hotel I awaited much more beautiful hotel according rating and price.

Very nice hotel for young couple who was all day out exploring the city

Funny smell in the room when we first enter,little bit expencive for the service of the hole stay.

Brekfast was great,staff very polite,quiet,little far from the centar but pleasant far,clean

Beautiful Bratislava

The room was large and clean. The bed is comfortable. They offer 2 bottles of water for free and also free coffee in the room. It`s not much but is nice. Also, if you want to go in old city by uber, it costs about 3 euro.

Quite good

- Too thin pillows as for me - Parking is very small, just for 6-7 cars and located at the backyard. If you have big car (like hatchback, crossover, etc. ) it will be little bit tricky to park there without help. - Little bit cold in the room during the night - Place where the hotel is located is far from the city center and everywhere you will see simple houses, offices, not like in the city center - just be ready

- Comfortable room with pretty big bathroom and different types of toiletries - You can check in late up to 00 am and check out early morning We didn't try breakfast due to early check in but hotel prepare for us sandwiches and them was tasty. Thank you! - Close to the airport - max 15 min by car

Modern well equipped hotel

The shower could use a better cleaning although the average hygiene was quite okay.

Modern airconditioned room with comfortable bed. Friendly staff and good breakfast.

Too little comfort for too much money
    • Double Room with Extra Bed

The parking spot is too expensive for what was is offered: a crammed place and difficult to access. The room was not very comfortable: we booked a triple room and we got basically a double one and a third bad which occupied all the space left.

We spent just a night here, in transit. The staff was polite, the breakfast ok, the room was quiet and the cooling system was efficient.

Great Hotel

Good location just down the street from the bus station. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel which you can take to the old town easily. The breakfast included was average. Free secure wifi, clean rooms and AC! Free tea and water kettle in the room.

Decent choice for its money

Rather far from the center, the whole location around the hotel seems a little bit unfriendly. But in fact that's not big cons.

Good place for its money. Nothing special, ordinary clean room, average breakfast, big bed.

Good place for short stays having a car

Limited parking space and narrow entrance for large cars. Breakfast could be reacher

Helpful staff. Cleanliness. Tea/coffee + kettle + free mineral water in the room. Not expensive.

Feels like home!

It's clean and the staff are amazing! Especially Vladis and the manager who helped us with the last minute printing of our flight tix.. highly recommended!

Price/quality ration is OK.

One employee was not nice and helpful, too "relaxed" in my opinion. Wenn I arrived, in bathroom on the floor and in the sink were hairs, ugly.

I find location good for those, who is traveling without car. Every day was a free bottle of water, great.

I would not recommend this hotel

-parking very small, nerow & cost 10€ -we came for breakfast 8:45 and nothing was left: no omlet, no cheese, no butter... - the bad was wet...

The breakfast was good, but too small

Good location - not far away from city center and close to...

Hotel needs renovation/refreshing - broken hangers in the closet, decaying chair etc. Pillows were hard and uncomfortable. We had 2 single beds insted of one extra-large double.

Good location - not far away from city center and close to Bus Station. Room and bathroom quite big. The hotel was calm and quite. Complimentary water and kettle in the room.

The staff is available 24 hours a day to help and answer all...

The staff is available 24 hours a day to help and answer all questions. The hotel is located on a quiet street, just around the corner from the trolleybus stop. There is a refrigerator and a free tea set (kettle, cups, tea, coffee, sugar) in the room.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

A really cute hotel with a friendly staff, good location, well worth the money
    • Family Room

Charge for parking :-( The hotel is located outside the city center - in retrospect we discovered that there are free public parking spaces around the hotel ..

The staff was very nice and friendly - especially Maria who welcomed us. Breakfast is simple but varied and tasty. We received a huge room - with a separate bedroom for children !! The location is good, using public transport you can easily reach the city center

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Best accommodation in Bratislava

Absolute best hotel around! Very comfortable, calm, great location, very friendly personnel! Good breakfast very clean! We are totally delighted with the stay and will come back on another occasion in Bratislava!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Good for a night or two.
    • Family Room

Private Parking requires excellent driving skills, that place is very narrow. The recommendation to order food with the hotel's partner restaurant "Va Bene" was not too good, although it served the purpose. The pizza arrived ice cold, so did the pasta dish. Besides that we could not regulate the room temperature. The reception explained that "the heating season has not ended yet and that the temperature cannot be regulated as it is central heating". The room temp. was app. 25 °C.

Neat little hotel, friendly staff, clean and comfortable with a telly in every room ( just in case you wanted to know) . Private Parking for 10€/day. Not too many parking spaces in the hotel's vincinity. We stayed for just one night and the hotel was perfect for the purpose of our stay, to just spend the night.

Comfortable stay but very lousy invoice process after check-out

Very lousy invoice process after check-out. They could only send electronic invoice via email. Although I have filled in many personal information upon check-in, they have sent at least three emails to collect my personal information

Location (close to International Bus terminal)

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

It was quiet and the hotel itself is small.

Cleaning of toilet was not done well 🤢 Reception has no working printers, so one can't print out boarding pass - I had to go to a shopping center near by.

It was quiet and the hotel itself is small. The breakfast was good, but nothing fancy. The location is a bit away from the city center, but taking an Uber costs dame cheap.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Good hotel slightly over priced for being 25 min walk from centre

Temperature of room & breakfast area - far too hot

Good breakfast, modern interior, 20 minute walk to centre of Bratislava or easy short bus ride (tickets bought in hotel reception). The hotel was overly hot (25 degrees in reception/breakfast area) even though it was cold outside. and the radiators could not be turned down in the room so windows had to be open - noisy in morning. We found all hotels to be hot in Slovakia & Czech, not just this one. Gas must be cheap?! Would stay there again although at €63 a night inc breakfast and taxes we would shop around fir a better deal.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Blue Garni - Super little Hotel!

It was all good!

Hotel being run by very friendly an efficient young ladies. Every aspect of this hotel was perfect. There was a fantastic little restaurant around the corner called The Batida. Travel on the buses cost next to nothing. We visited Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest and because of the Hotel Blue Garni, we liked our stay best of all in Bratislava.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Great small hotel

When I book double bed, I generally expect one mattress, but for some reason many hotels have two smaller ones put together. I would like a real double bed

Great and helpful staff, very clean and neat room. Everything was as advertised and we didn't have a single problem while staying here. If you plan to stay here, you can park for free at the street nearby (50 meters)

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Clean room, good breakfast.

Very basic room. Only 9 local TV channels, I can't imagine a 3 start hotel like this. Heater is central control so it was terribly hot sometimes that we had to open the windows to let cold air coming it. Price was too high.

Clean room, good breakfast. 5 mins' walk to the bus station with buses to Vienna every hour. Bus 96 from airport and just need one transfer to the hotel(the bus stop of hotel is named: Novohradska), it takes totally 40 mins for less than 2 euro per person, or you can also take the taxi from the airport for 20 euros, 10 mins. Bratislava is small and bus transport is convenient.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Will come back again

The tough panel on elevator isn't that sensitive.

I stay in a single room for 3 nights. The room is quite big for a person and you have enough space for everything. Staffs are nice and helpful, they help me to print out some travel document as well. Good value to stay.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Very good hotel with nice staff and delicious breakfast
    • Family Room

Everything was perfect. We went there, on our way back from Vienna, to see the Christmas market. The hotel is 15/20 min from the city center- this may seem much for a non-walker person, but worth staying. We had a family room, that actually was a 2 bedroom apartment, with a view and a very spacious bathroom. We had bottled water in the room when arriving at the hotel and the parking spot was free (the room was not ready and we had to wait 15/20 min). Also the video camera from the parking lot has a live feed on your room TV. Very nice receptionist, helpful. Delicious and diversified breakfast. Highly recommend and will definitely stay there again, if passing through Bratislava.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Lovely local stay just outside Bratislava city centre

The room was a bit hot for my taste but it was really comfy and the shower was piping hot with good water pressure.

Lovely, friendly staff who went out of theor way to help. Lent me an umbrella when it was pouring rain and recommended a local restaurant. Breakfast is really good. Amazing crusty sourdough... and if you get there early it'll still be warm!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Comfortable and easy stay in Bratislava for work

NEGATIVE: - Although it is new, the decoration looks a bit outdated (90s) - Location, I knew it was outside the centre when I booked but, being outside does mean that you can't have a quick trip out to the central sights. The staff did inform me that it was a short bus ride away or a 20 minute walk. Unfortunately, I didn't make it as I was working the whole time.

I stayed here for two nights in November 2016. The hotel is tucked away in a street in what looks lie the business district of Bratislava. The hotel looks new and clean. Below you can find the positive and negative parts of my experience. POSITIVE: - Very helpful and friendly staff - Large rooms and comfortable bed - Large bathrooms with accessible shower - Free complimentary water upon arrival in your room - Satellite TV, hair dryer and iron upon request - Lovely breakfast, just enough with hot and cold options - Lots of storage space in the rooms and plenty of plugs, great if you are working. - WIFI worked fine and was free Overall I had a very pleasant stay at the Blue Garni and the staff could not be more helpful in calling me a taxi and giving me recommendations for dinner when I arrived (there is a nice restaurant in the next street which is great for food if you arrive late). For the quality/price it was great. Don't hesitate to book here if you have a short stay in Bratislava.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

This is what 3 star hotel should look like, great standard!

Room was too hot despite off trying to change the temperature with AC controller.

Great breakfast, Size of the room, Good WiFi, Friendly and helpful staff, Affordable, Acceptable from Old Town

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Family room was very nice.
    • Family Room

A little too far for walking to the center of town with younger children, there is however a bus stop right on the corner of the street the hotel is located on.

Family room was very nice. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

very polite staff

very polite staff very clean room very good breakfast 5 minutes walk to the main bus station 15 minutes easy walk to the old town from airport take bus #96 get off at the stop <hranicna>and then take trolley bus #202 and get off after 3 stops [total cost 1,20 euro....]

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Helpful Staff

The staff is nice. Actually I arrived at 9pm. No restaurant in that area and I tried to cooked ny cup instant noodle. Tbe staff was helpful to provide me hot water from the coffee machine.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

great stay in Bratislava

Small hotel, with excellent conditions (room facilities, Wi-Fi, complementary still water, cleanliness, solicitous staff, private parking free of charge) at more than reasonable rates

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Nice quiet and cosy!

The only thing is that is out of the centre but the bus stop is just about 100 m away with a lot of buses going down town.

Everything was really excellent. Very nice and cosy small hotel just outside the town centre. The staff were wonderful and helpful in whatever we asked. Very quiet and worm during night hours. We strongly recommend it

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good quality hotel

Location is far from center but public bus stop is very close to the hotel. Shampoo in the shower is foam, i had to press 10-15 times to get enough amount of it. I think liquid shampoo is better than foam. The towels are a bit old. This doesn't mean that they are not clean. Just need to be renewed.

I really liked the hotel. It is in good quality. Internet is fast. Bathroom is good. Staff is friendly. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Great place to stay

I would have liked to be able to switch off the heating in the room. More coathangers in the wardrobe.

Friendly, helpful reception staff. Room was excellent with very comfortable beds. Bathroom spacious with good shower. Lift was a bonus. Good access to public transport.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very good location and consistent breakfast

Very good location and consistent breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Comfortable beds, good location, clean, friendly staff

Limited choice for breakfast.

Comfortable beds, good location, clean, friendly staff