Reviews of Mamaison Residence Sulekova Bratislava 4 stars

Sulekova 20, 811 06 Bratislava, Slovakia

#24 of 104 hotels in Bratislava

• Business Room

Location of the hotel is up on a hill. When we checked in we thought it's a nice hotel. Design of the room and furniture were nice. We stayed only 1 night and in the morning at 8 am someone tried to open our door and we woke up with that noise. 10 min later there were a DRILL noise!! OMG! 8 am in the morning. I went to reception to ask stop construction I paid this hotel to sleep not wake up at 8am. I saw a cleaning lady on the corridor checking rooms (obviously she woke us up first!!) I got so mad and yelled at receptionist. She said construction is happening in the building next to us so they cannot stop it. I would rater try to sleep with that noise or they could change my room-which is not a convenient solution for me since I was leaving in 2 hours and all I want was to sleep NOT packing to move another room. AND IT WAS A SATURDAY MORNING!! Who would work with a drill on saturday morning??? They didn't warn us at all and they put us on ground floor instead of other parts of the hotel and she said she didn't know about it. Well I paid for that horrible morning. When we checked out she apologized by giving us a wine bottle. Still...People should know about it before they book. Bad.

• Business Room

Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms were modern, spacious, clean and came with a huge bath!! Location was excellent and within walking distance to all main attractions. Spectacular view day and night of the castle.

• Business Room

The breakfast needs improvement. A lot of items ran out quickly and were not replaced. The coffee machine is very noisy and no instructions how to use it. Juice ran out quickly. Few more items on offer would be great.

The decor in the bedrooms we stayed in was beautiful and very tasteful. Nice spacious room and liked having a fridge available. The beds were really really comfortable and perfect. The receptionist, Katerina, was very helpful.

• Business Room

Amazing services room. With TV and kitchenette and a tuner with FM. Spacious. Well cleaned. And near to a bus stop. Or u can walk to other stops. Castle is close by. The staff is very polite. Peaceful area. Check-in and check out were easy. Breakfast buffet was good. With juice, tea, coffee and croissant, ham , cheese of 3 kinds. Boiled eggs and few other things.

• Business Room

The bed was a little too soft for us. Apart from that, everything was fine!

Hotel / apartment located in a quiet area, well equiped and not far away from old town : about 10/15'on foot.

• Business Room

Me and my boyfriend stayed in hotel for 1 night and it was amazing. Our room was very modern, beautiful and tidy. I would recommend it to everyone who looks for very clean and fabulous rooms. Pictures corespond to real rooms. Stuff is also very nice, communicative and full of advice. Definetly recommend this place. 😊👌

• Business Room

Asking 14Euros a day for parking onsite. The actual cost of the stay becomes similar to properties more central to Bratislava. The hotel is in a residential zone and the site has ample parking available, so why charge at such a rate. I don't like the sense of dishonesty - keep the room rate low but make up for it by charging surprise parking rates when you arrive. This troubles me.

Price

• Business Room

Luxury, new, modern, clean. This room was beautiful, even with kitchen and big bathroom. Big comfortable bed and sofa. Warm and calm place just 4 minutes from centrum by taxi. If you have a chance then choose this place. The staff were very kind and helpful. I can not find anything wrong.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Business Room

Hotel staff were very accommodating, despite the fact that I initially made a mistake in the booking. The kitchenette worked well. There was complimentary coffee, even though we skipped the breakfast.

• Business Room

- really dirty room :( - when booked, requested early check it and cot for our baby, no reply from the hotel - when arrived they did not find our reservation, at the end we were given a nice room But, not lucky at all, dirt everywhere - bathroom floor full of hair, dust everywhere, the bathroom drying radriator full of dust, so the hanging towels were with black stripes - kitchen: mugs with rest of coffee and lipstick stored as clean in the cupboard, Kitchen utensils hanging over the hob (eg.scoop) covered with a thick layer of dust - few hour later after the check in (as there is no house keeping in the afternoon) we finally received a baby cot, not safe at all, all wobbly and shaky, felt like falling apart - high chair, don´t even bother to ask for, we were told they had none, although advertised and even written in the house books, telling you they had one, just needed to be asked at the reception. Finnally, after insisting, got one the next day (adding a picture) dirty, with wholes, no security belt, the little one easily falling through - there is only 1 big 4l pot, so if you need to heat up some baby food, you either do it in microwave or use the 4l pot - every spoon, glass different type (not appropriate for 4*)

Nice personal great positon of the hotel, free coffee and tea at the entrance hall

• Business Room

You really can't cook in the kitchen because you would have to bring everything with you. I mean everything from oil to salt. Therefore breakfast in the restaurant is a good choice. Or just go to town - you can find better and cheaper breakfast by a 10-minute walk. The toilet is not practical. It is very cramped and I hit my elbow or knee a lot of times. The design of the room is nice but not practical, e.g. soap is so high in comparison with a basin. Therefore the wall is still wet and dirty. Cleaningless could be better.

The room is exactly what you see in pictures. You just don't have such a nice view from lower floors. The reception is 24 hour what is a bonus. Sometimes no one in sight. I recommend for family stay. Theoretical possibility to cook in the room. A fridge is in the room! If you don't mind a 15-minute walk, the location is perfect for you. Slavin and city center are there for you :).

• Business Room

The bath is a bit tricky to handle. It is set a bit high increasing the risk of slippage, getting in or out of it. A non-slip bath mat could do the trick, but persons with mobility problems might still have an issue.

The apartment is centrally located a few minutes away from Bratislava centre. The apartment was delightful - well set out, airy, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. The apartment block was very well serviced and included a gym, a sauna and a laundry room. The neighbourhood is safe and quiet. A tram stop is right across the street. The train station is also within walking distance.

• Business Room

No real complaints at all. Maybe the equipment in the fitness room is a little bit poor.

Everything OK in gerenal, the kitchen in the room is very good.

• Business Room

- the receptionist met us unfriendly - the apartment was dirty - shower in mold (it was covered by small towel), everywhere dust, and somewhere spider web - because of super wet cleaning corners and the floor need repair - the prices for mini-bar are too high (ordinary twix costs 4 times more expensive) - laundry is only available with own detergents - internet is working very badly, and in bed is not available

- the apartment is located almost in the city center (15 min on foot) - own kitchen, you can easily cook - nice design - comfortable pillows, bed and sofa - 4 large windows, so the apartment has wonderful daylight - in rainy weather you can get umbrellas at the reception - it was very quiet even with open windows - nice view from the window - you can take straight bus №61 from the airport (ticket costs 90 euro cents)

• Business Room

Hotel is on the hill, so for old people, it can be a little bit hard to get there, but for me it's ok

Friendly and helpful staff, Big, clean and very comfortable room, Silent location, Good internet connection

• Business Room

The rooms is worn and had horrible smell in it - like someone had done a lot of oily cooking in it. There was no kettle and the hob and cutlery etc is very old really needs replacing. The sofas are stained and generally it needs a bit of TLC. We have stayed at Ma Maison about 6 times in as many years and always really liked it but in future I will required about a refit before I book again.

The location is fabulous, room sizes are great and separate toilets are a bonus. Great on the road parking so no need to pay.

• Executive Apartment

The whole hotel was being rebuilt - nobody had informed us. Very difficult to get inside with a buggy and baby. Impossible if you have a wheelchair. Construction stuff everywhere. At the end of the stay - the manager tried to pull a fast one on us - they had given us an extra room when we arrived. Twice we asked if this was really ok and if it would be included in the original price. Twice they confirmed this and told us not to worry - "compliments of the hotel". Once we tried to check out they wanted us to fully pay for the extra room (the person who had said we wouldn't have to pay had been wrong they said). Then they continued when I said no and asked for half the price for the extra room. Awful. Left me really irritated. I would never visit another MaMaison again and would never recommend you to.

Central, but up a very steep slope - not for people who are handicapped. Pretty good view of the Castle. Rooms were pretty big - good cleaning.

• Business Room

Our bed wasn't exactly a double bed but 2 beds put together which was slightly inconvenient.

We stayed two nights at Mamaison, overall it was a great stay and I would recommend the hotel. Location is great, in a calm residential area but super close to city centre, you can walk without any problem. Easy to park there even if you don't reserve a parking place at the premises. Big comfortable room and bathroom. We had great view over Bratislava castle as well =)

• Executive Room

Excellent executive luxurious rooms in a great location, big and spacious, 15 minutes walking to the city centre. A bit uphill but worth it when it comes to the quality you get and the quietness in the area. I really recommend it and would definitely come back!

• Executive Room

Walls (the walls were awefully thin so that we could here the baby screaming from 2 rooms away), door locking system is with a key instead with cards, the switching for the lights were confusing(you always had to try all switches to get the right one ), the bathroom door opened hitting the toilet.

Bed

• Business Room

The WIFI was a bit slow sometimes but it wasn't too big of a problem. It's a bit of a walk up a steep street to get there but that's a good workout :)

My boyfriend and me stayed at Mamaison for one night and we were very happy with our experience. The residence is located a short walk up a quiet street near the bus station Zochova and you can reach the old town and Bratislava castle by foot within 10-15 mins. The lady at the reception was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room is pretty spacious and everything was clean. The bed was a bit soft but we slept well.We were able to store our luggage until our departure later in the evening. We would definitely book this location again.

• Business Room

Breakfast was VERY basic, no eggs, cheese, ham, cereals, vegetables etc. Just bread, butter, jam, yoghurt, coffee and 1 glass of juice. And 1 apple. I cancelled the breakfast for the next day, it was anyway 10 Euro/person. Bathroom had a problem with the drainage and each time we took a shower the water was basically reaching the room and the carpet. Problem with the way it was built.

• Business Room

The shower cabin is terrible. I found all bathroom and even a part of a room to be flooded. Hotel team: please redesign the shower to make some borders in the bottom or (room 14).

The room is an apartment: a full equipped kitchen, big studio room with a kingsize bed, couch, chairs and coffee table, tv screen.

• Business Room

The first room we were given had a problem with the drain for the shower. It was a wet room and whilst showering the water ran in to the bedroom and not in to the drain, soaking some of my partners clothes. When we made a complaint we were told there were no other rooms available and that we could have more towels to dry the floor. However when we complained for a second time to a another person on the front desk they knew of the problem and found us a new room straight away. All was forgiven and we could not fault it after that.

It was very clean and well equipped, having a kitchenette in the room was great. The location for us was excellent a really quiet neighbourhood within easy (15mins) walking distance of the old town centre, the Slavin monument and the Castle.

• Business Room

The hotel was a bit further than I expected. It is at the top of the hill so if you have bags, get ready to hike up. The rooms were very spacious and everything was new.

• Business Room

We chose a studio and it was a huge room with a saloon ,open kitchen , big bedroom ( and a great bed ) with a bathroom and a separated toilet . Very clean , very quiet and great staff ( especially Thomas the receptionist which was more than helpful and very polite ) . Within walking distance to the castle and to the old town .

Didn't find anything

Very comfortable, clean and spacy apartment. Nice location, near castle and within 5 minute walk to the old town. Highly recommended! You'll have an equipped kitchen to make dinner or smth else if you want

• Executive Room

the receptionist from day shift is there for punishment i suppose, her english is on A1 level...there was a trainee for whom it was first day. keep her! she's really nice and welcoming, just like the night shift gentelman😆

• Business Room

Only change would be the bed. It separated into two and I fell on the floor.

Very nice accommodation in a good part of town. Take the 208 bus to get there easily.

• Business Room

Some sewage smell in the bathroom

Hotel is sittuated in a quiet area, 15 mins from Bratislava downtown (on foot) and 15 mins to the castle. Appartment was wonderful, equipped with everything including a minibar and very comfortable bed. Free coffee and tea in the lobby were a nice bonus. Receptionists were helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Business Room

Their older receptionist is not friendly and seems not to care much for foreign customers. When I arrived he was talking with a guy on a topic not related to checking in (I guess, as I don't really speak Slovak) for a long time. I simply did not exist for as long as I had patience. I've got the room near reception where the breakfast is also served. So, one morning I was awaken at 5 something a.m. by... people speaking loudly under my room door. The receptionists (other, nice ones) smiled when I complained.

Location. Clean.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Business Room

Breakfast very simple, but ok.

Perfect Place for Business Visit in Bratislava. Good value, nice location and spacious rooms allowing to work, relax and sleep. Quite location at the hill. Good meeting room facilities. Parking just in front of the door.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Business Room

to reach the bus stop one has to walk down (and up when going to the hotel!) the steep road for 5-6 minutes. the center is a good 20 minutes away on foot. in my room there was a missing curtain on one of the 5 windows and I asked to replace it as the sunlight was flooding the room at 5 in the morning. they said yes but didn't provide the new curtain!

location with a stunning view on the castle and the adiacent hill. quiet area up a steep road surrounded by private gardens. the building (formerly a clinic) is stylish, modern with fine furniture. 24h reception service with hall and facilities as a 4 stars hotel. Room is large and very confortable. excellent bed and perfect cleanness. the little kitchen is fully equipped. availability of wine, beers, sodas, water and snacks in the minibar.

• Business Room

Huge apartment, bright modern decor, spotlessly clean and the most comfortable bed ever! Breakfast was a generous size. Dinner is available for delivery from a local restaurant but we decided against that. Great value for money. Only 10 /15 minute walk to old town.

• Business Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were cosy, clean and the location just amazing (very close to the beautiful old town and in a nice neighborhood).

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Executive Apartment

I booked an executive suite which includes a kitchenette and a living room area. I did this because we wanted to use a washing machine and we like to prepare our own breakfast. We got a normal hotelroom. Which was great and really comfortable, but not what I booked. When we asked about this they just said that it was a problem with booking.com and that booking.com should have changed the information. I apparently was in an executive suite, but the facilities in the rooms and sizes of the rooms varied. There was nothing they could do. I didn't feel like we were taken serious. Not very customer friendly.

• Business Room

That was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at! Huge rooms, super clean, awesome views. Most important, stuff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. Monika made this trip for us! Dear hotel management, if you are reading this review, please give Monika a promotion - she is the best asset that you have with this hotel!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Executive Room

Very hard to find free parking around. Hotel is providing paid parking

Almost new furnitures and all facilities. I got unexpectedly very big room with kitchen and all needed equipment. Staff was very friendly. Location is almost perfect - 10-15 min walk to city center.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Business Room

Lack of amenities for four star hotel Housekeeping did only basics - made bed and took trash. Floor was never swept, etc.

Reception staff Room size Location Full kitchenette available

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Business Room

Breakfast was not special, only basic glass of juice and cup of coffee with only sweet things. Without any eggs or so.

Friendly staff, willing to help with direction and everything. Sauna was special suprise.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Business Room

Some of the tiles in the bathroom were a little old and crumbly but nothing major.

This was great value for money and the 'room' we booked was actually a studio with kitchen facilities. Loved the free tea facilities downstairs (useful when no breakfast booked) Quiet location.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Business Room

Cleaning during stay was absent, there was no cattle in the kitchenette. This is definetly not a 4* hotel.

Location, size of the room, tea corner on reception.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Business Room

There was kitchen but no tea bags/coffee available, but it is not a big deal

Location is 10 minutes to Old Town, very cosy rooms and friendly staff. Magnificent view from room.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Executive Apartment

Paying parking in hotel is very strange for hotels guest

Very good apartment near the old town 10 min walking, staff very good and very warm and hot in the room.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Business Room

Asked 30eur for 1 hour late check-out. The photos of room do not always match reality (there were no armchair). You cant watch the TV from bed. Very unfriendly communication by e-mail concerning late check out and room view.

Big room! Good service. Welcome reception. Room with great castle view! Good fitness room. Nice bed.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Business Room

Bed too soft. No toaster.

Great view of the castle. 10 mins walk to castle or old town. Nice modern room.kitchen had most things you needed. Nice shower

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Executive Apartment

In such a location the last thing i expected was to speak with the guy from the reception while he was having his legs on the table.

Very well equiped appartments in good and quiet location. Close to the castle and about one km from the city' s center.

• Business Room

Dirty room, especially sofa, chairs and dishes. Room wasn't cleaned during our 3-night stay, towels and sheets weren't changed at all. The smell from the fridge was terrible.

Very helpful front desk staff, they helped us a lot, good location, well equipped rooms, great design.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Business Room

Localisation on Google Maps is wrong. We couldn't order a breakfast just before it (only on evening at the day before). Weak interior design. Quite high price like for hotel with that standard.

Parking free (I think, anyway we don't have to pay for it). Wery helpfully and nice personel (the most value in this object)! Quite big rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Business Room

I had a flat/ room in the ground floor so no exciting views over the Hrad. Drain in the shower was partly blocked so basin full of water instantly. Electric sockets slightly too far away from nightstands.

Nice and convenient location in a residential area with the Old Town and Hrad in walking distance. Spacious and comfortable, well equipped apartments. I was NOT made to pay for parking (which I'd anyway expect as standard but hotel could've charged me according to their terms).

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Business Room

We stayed in a nice spacious modern, one bedroom apartment for 2 nights. It was nice to have all that room after staying in small room on our bicycle journey from Passau to Budapest. Convenient location from which to explore the old town and visit Bratislava castle. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. They went out of their way in securing our bicycles for the night.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Business Room

I've started to notice some obvious signs of use, nothing horrible, but still the occasional stain on the sofa, scratches on the table, broken glass plates on pictures that weren't replaced. It's still nice and clean, but it starts to feel like it's not being cared for. An experience with the cleaning lady left me uncomfortable. I'd asked for an iron and ironing board. The lady brought the iron and then asked if she could enter to throw a dead bee in the trashcan. Okay for me. But then she barged into the room, went to the kitchen, started to ask me if I was alone (which I obviously was), for how long I was staying, where I was from and started to rather obviously inspect what I had in the room. It might have been meant friendly, but I perceived it as very nosy and didn't appreciate it. On tops she decided to not bring the ironing board when I told her that I was leaving that same day. Overall it was a smaller matter, but still. I did have contact to the other cleaning personnel and their behaviour was completely professional.

Have stayed for the third or fourth time these past years. Location is very quiet, virtually no noise from the other rooms. Rooms are big, clean. Staff at the reception is friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Executive Apartment

We were traveling with baby and hotel didn't inform us about problems with hot water not mentioned running reconstruction works in hotel.rooms were quite used and mattresses very uncomfortable...during reconstruction u could smell stinky workers in elevator and sometimes happened that in the evening no staff was present at reception but hotel was opened to everybody. Entrance hotel stairs and path for disabled are so steep that we had problems to push stroller...i cannot imagine wheelchair. We do not recommend this hotel for families and in case u like certain comfort. For us it was not 4 stars hotel...maybe 3.

Location-very close to centre

• Business Room

Huge room. Very comfortable and clean. Staff couldn't do enough for us and even supplied an extra bed during our stay to accommodate our son who turned up unexpectedly. Quiet, safe and leafy location, but still only 10 mins. walk from city centre. Would thoroughly recommend a stay in this lovely hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Business Room

Location-wise, it was hard to find an open shop on a Sunday that was close.

The room was really large and spacious and had a great view (of Bratislava castle). The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. It's in a quiet part of town where there are a lot of embassies, but only a 10-min walk to the old town. Very nice, reasonable hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Business Room

Great staff, really helpful and pointed us in the right directions. Even found us a screw driver when asked! The room was huge, clean, and well equipped. Only downside was it is on a steep hill. Fine for us, but might not suit those less physically able. Would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Business Room

Minor point, but cleaning not quite 100% (sticky cup marks on bedside table, main lounge area had not been vacuumed). Other areas fine.

Huge room, lots of light. Quiet location (apart from some renovation work being done in one part of hotel). 10-15 minute walk to city central areas. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Business Room

Lots of little things that wouldn't stop me staying again. The kitchen cupboards were dirty around the handles with dried, sticky food marks. I cleaned these myself. The rest of the apartment was clean. The shower leaked badly under the door, so you needed extra towels to mop up. Apparently this was a common problem. Fix it maybe? The door lock was feeble and could easily be broken, although I felt safe. The manager vetoed my request to extend my stay for 1 night at the same rate even though the reception staff had agreed to this. Of course it was left to the reception staff to tell me. The manager should have told me directly. I paid just over 50 euro a night in early July which was well worth it for the view and the location.

The view from the room was fantastic. I was lucky as I had one of the rooms (210) that faced the castle. Most don't. The place itself is in a nice quiet area around a 10 minute walk from the heart of the old town, which for me, was perfect. The apartment was a good size and had a very comfortable bed. The a/c was good too. The reception staff were great and the free (proper) coffee and tea were great.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Business Room

I feel that hotel stuff is still living in Sovjet Union time ... this have to became more Western European in approach of the customers. Distance to the city center is too far. They charge you lot of money for the parking while its empty and lot of free parking on the street

hotel was clean and new

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Business Room

Both sinks in the bathroom were stuck during the stay. Taxis that the hotels called for us charged us double the price, even our Slovak friend. When we asked for a number to call a taxi ourselves, it turned out to not be working.

The view was absolutely amazing and the room was very comfortable. On top of that the soap smelled great.

• Business Room

Very kind and helpful staff, amazing view of Bratislava castle and rooms were big, clean with modern style

• Business Room

The hike up the hill on a bike to find it

Fantastic, new clean spacious we felt we were so lucky to have stayed. Great breakfast.

breakfast

location is perfect quiet but still walking distance from town, comfortable bed very clean

• Business Room

Everything was like expected.

• Business Room

Aircon did not work and it was hot in the room

Very close to Graveyard

Room is big enough

The beds were exceptionally comfortable

• Business Room

Hotel located a short walk from the Old Town. Spacious rooms, friendly service.

Nothing more

All

• Business Room

14 EUR per night for parking even if the lot is empty.

Spacious room, really clean, really silent suburb, friendly and helpful staff.

• Business Room

Not a 4 stars location, realisticly 2 stars... The car park charge was double than at Ibis.

Nothing special. Hence the rateing.

• Business Room

Gym area is a bit small but better than nothing

Nice and big apartment, good location, just 10 minute walking from the old town

Bed wasn’t really comfy

Good location. Room size is nice, with a small kitchen corner

• Business Room

The room, the bed, the enormous bathtub

Browse Mamaison Residence Sulekova Bratislava traveller photo gallery