Reviews of Hotel Yasmin Košice 4 stars

Tyršovo Nábrežie 1, Košice Old Town, 040 01 Košice, Slovakia

#10 of 37 hotels in Košice

• Superior Room

Quite soft bed and some weird sounds at night (maybe pipes). Wellness is nothing extra and too small.

Nice hotel, nice rooms, good breakfast. Close to center.

• Superior Room

The room service after the first night was not done properly. Check out was a hell. I had paid the bill in the evening before I left. It took at least 30 minutes! And the next day I was told it was not paid. In addition, the receptionist was disrespectful. There are better places to stay in Košice.

It is not far from the center of the city.

• Superior Room

Reception was a nightmare. We arrived Friday evening and had to wait for ages as they only had one member of staff on to cope with a constant stream of arrivals. Reception never answered the phone, we rang from our room to get a cab ordered several times and they never answered. Finally went down to reception but there was still a massive line of people waiting to check in! The staff at the bar wouldn’t assist us so we walked into town and found one but were very late for our event. We rang to ask about parking on the Friday morning while we were on route, no answer so we left a message, they called us back on the Monday after we had checked out.

Beautiful rooms and very close to the old quarter.

• Superior Room

The receptionist could have smiled.. once.

Great hotel at a good location - the old town is within walking distance. The room was 'superior' indeed, clean, modern style. Really excellent breakfast!

• Superior Room

A swimming pool would have been an excellent addition. The TV could also be improved by adding more international channels.

Excellent hotel close to the centre of Kosice and to the technical university, excellent hotel restaurants. The personnel gave me an extremely rapid assistance when I discovered that the lock of my suitcase had been stuck during travel.

• Superior Room

room was a bit overheated

Everything was smooth and clear from booking till check-out, hotel is easy to find and park, room was situated on the 9th floor, so we had also a nice view, we liked the room design, bathroom was very clean and modern, beds were very comfy as well. Breakfast had very wide range of tasty options what to have, question was more, what not to have :) Downtown is in walkable distance, 5 mins walk, so just around the corner. Wellness (whirpool and 2 saunas) was very clean, all was arranged, towels, blankets, locker room, all prepared to enjoy it, and the ladies at reception were very kind and helpful. Can only recommend, would stay again.

• Superior Room

I am honestly very disappointed to feel that they wanted to trick/strike me. It was marked that wellness can have extra costs, but there are other points on their booking profile, for example "Jacuzzi" which are totally free, without any limitations. And, an extra cost does not mean that there are time frames when the spa is not accessible at all. After arrival I wanted to start in the sauna, have a rest and after that go into the city to explore in the night. The staff told me that the whole wellness area is exclusively rented out and it is not accessible only for 25minutes prior the closing from 8:35-9:00PM. I asked for the General Manager to find a solution and finally she decided to stay open for an extra hour and let us enjoy the basically good and beautiful spa area until 10PM. My questions are: Why it is not clearly communicated on the booking.com profile (main site) that a guest have only 1 hour access? Above this, why it is not possible to use this "1 hour free" at any time when the guest would like to? Why it is not marked that the guest have 1 hour free access but it can not be used if the guest is unlucky? (It would be too strange, isn't it?) Why do you have time limitation at all? The spa is not big, but OK for 15 people and with small improvement around the showers, it could be exceeded easily, also with a Kneipp-walk. This exclusive wellness rent-out is incorrect with the other guests and the communication about it is totally crap. I have to leave this comment here, although finally the staff find a solution for us. Hopefully, change will happen, soon. I saw here in the comments that they tricked several guests with the charging of the breakfast, so I think this strange and not transparent communication is coming from somehow a mentality. (We had the breakfast in our base room price.

Good location, easy to park the car outside in front of the building, there are a lot of places. It has also a garage for extra cost, which should be free on a 4* level, until the capacity allows it... Creative, excellent interior design with average quality. Breakfast was quite good, fruits could be a little bit more fresh. Eggs and bread selection are very good. City view is beautiful! The bed was too soft for me. Toiletries, shower gel and body lotion are very good, bathroom is beautiful! Final handling of our complaint was excellent, and I have to say thank you for that. (First handling was poor, the staff should have more flexibility and own responsibility to solve the problems, without the GM.)

• Deluxe Room

breakfast should be improved in my opinion. Enough choice but not so teasty.

well designed hotel. colse to old town 10 minutes walking distance. modern room design. profecional service fast internet connection. good restaurant inside.

• Superior Room

Everything was perfect, very modern design, helpful staff. Try the dinner in the Montana restaurant, very good steaks and desserts. Highly recommended! :)

• Superior Room

Somehow we couldn´t connect with laptop to wifi , it wasn´t working, showed connected but yellow triangle at connection. Also problems to connect with Iphone. I told it on reception, they called technicians but still it wasn´t working.

We like the breakfast, the view and that we could park in parking garage. Montana steak house which is inside hotel is also very good, the eating experience. Lot of food and good made. The stuff was very helpful. We came second time there, and we will go there again when we will need to travel to the Kosice.

• Superior Room

One elevator for 11 floors... a bit challenging.

Nice modern rooms, separated WC and baths. Good WiFi signal, big TV that I haven't watched. Bed is large and a bit hard.

• Superior Room

Very untidy room, room was not even finished yet ( cables comming from the wall - wow ) there was cupboard in restroom ( wow... just wow )

Toilet was clean

• Superior Room

Clima was automatic, and i was very warm in the room, very few options for vegetarians, they should update eating menu, but only for the lunch, breakfast was very good.

Breakfast was very good, and massage and wellness was great. Very nice rooms and stuff was also very helpful.

• Superior Room

maybe some extra parking would be great

not a first experience with the hotel, so i can say again, very good hotel, nice and big rooms, clean, helpful and friendly staff

• Superior Room

Reserved room for 3 , no additional bed or sofa , my daughter slept with us, we found only 2 sets of towels .The water in the shower is going out

Hotel design , staff

• Superior Room

Breakfast was 15 euros, and from the selection that was available we thought this was very expensive, so we decided to give it a miss and had a slice of pizza from the town for 1 euro instead, and wait for lunchtime. Overall rating would have been excellent if we wouldn't have been charged twice for our room, once before check in and then we were asked to pay again upon check out.

Nice modern rooms, with nice furniture, and lovely bathrooms. Shame we weren't there longer to enjoy the hotel.

• Superior Room

I had booked the room for 2 adults and my daughter (11 years old). But there was no extra bed. When I wanted an extra bed for my daughter, they said all rooms were double (by the way, I made my booking for 3, and they accepted!!). Their suggestion was " you can sleep all together". Because I had no time and it was raining, we willy-nilly accepted "suggestion"!! However, there was another problem, there were 2 pillow, 2 towels etc. When I wanted extra towel and pillow, they gave with a bad grace. There were no slipper in the room of this "4 star" hotel. They sell for 2.5 EUR/one pair. We used own sandals etc. The shower curb was classical 1m2 and one side completely open. From that side the bathroom was flooded!!. We prevented flooding with our "precious" towel :) Really, I took photo. It is attached. By the way, there were no door handle of the bathroom door. There were just a little handle (1cm wide, from end to end) so it was impossible to pull the door. Result: Keep away from this "pension" especially you have a child.

I didnt like anything.

• Superior Room

Could hear people in hallway coming in/out of their room, dog barking, the place needs more sound proofing. Also, I wish I could only switch just one lamp near the ved, not both. Also, a mini tooth paste would be a bonus.

Great bath tub, fantastic bed

• Superior Room

- There is one common roll-door entrance to the toilet and bathroom. It would be good, if the toilet has additional/separate door. - Wifi with poor (but stable) signal; good for checking e-mails, slow for youtube videos

- Walking distance to the city centre and train station - Room was clean and comfy - Big table (good for eating and for work) - Big bathroom with plenty of space - Quiet room oriented to the street/city - Air conditioning

• Deluxe Room

it seems to be right time to start some small renovations: bath, floor, etc. not critical so far but will be needed urgently in the next 1-2 years

good maintained / managed hotel, nice staff, proper breakfasts

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Superior Room

Breakfast is paid extra but you only learn it after you eat it. There is no information on booking.com on whether the room rate includes breakfast. At check-in the reception will ask you whether you want breakfast without adding that it is extra 15 EUR or so per person

Great design, comfortable bad, easy parking

• Superior Room

A remote control for the flat screen TV on the wall suddenly stopped working, literally not allowing me to switch off the TV and go to bed. TV buttons didn't work either. Had to unplug both the TV and the satellite box from the wall socket which was a bit challenging as I had to lift up the TV in order to get to the power cords:) Nice hotel otherwise.

Great executive type hotel - everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Superior Room

- My room was very hot, and the airconditioning, even when on full, did not help. Reception told me opening the window was the only way to cool the room, but as the window was small and opened only a little, this did not really help a lot

- Professional reception staff - Excellent breakfast - Clean and stylish room

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Superior Room

Restaurant works only until 8pm, another steak house restaurant down stairs opens until 2am but is very expensive. Temperature in room was very high in winter and if you open the window it is still too hot. Central heating in winter should be more controled for better comfort.

Very nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Superior Room

This hotel was just terrific. I just love the room. Breakfast - dinner recommended. Close to center. Helpful reception. And the bar even made me enjoy a drink which I even did not consider before! I will be back here.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Would have been nice to have had a room the other side of the hotel for a better view but other than that first class!

Excellent hotel had absolutely everything we could want ! The reception were excellent and incredibly helpful with all out needs. Good location lovely shower

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Superior Room

Everything! This is a proper 4-star hotel, with beautiful interior design, comfy bed and a great bathroom. Personnel was very helpful, always ready to tend to our needs. The location is also great, about 5 walking minutes from the historic center. Bonus: free parking in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Superior Room

Rooms were great, staff were also very polite and always willing to help. One thing I will say is read the welcome pack on arrival as you do have to put a ticket on the bed if you want it changed and put towels on the floor if you need fresh ones

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

coffee/tea/snack room closed at 17.00, duvets small, fitness and spa are not the best.

Modern clean hotel, excellent service, very helpful and friendly staff, nice new Bar and restaurant

• Superior Room

..it is a pity not to offer and serve Slovak minerals waters (and we do have a exceptional mineral wathers in Slovakia) or just a tap water at restaurant...

Perfect place where to stay...like ***** hotel...

• Superior Room

No area for an evening drink other than the steak restaurant, not the best spot for a vegan to enjoy a drink!

Lovely interior and very clean. Beautiful room.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Superior Room

This hotel was built during socialism era (former Hotel Metallurg) and it's noticeable. Air-condition and ventilation system is very poor. The fried-chicken smell from the ground-floor kitchen is spreading all over the room, even on the 9th floor! Impossible to air out the room because only one small window is openable and just for a few centimeters. Kingsize bed is large but the mattresses are totally uncomfortable and full of hard metal springs. Night bar is closed during the night... Far below expectations for a four star hotel.

cleanliness

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Superior Room

Instructions for wellness access was a little confusing even though we did speak to a staff member there?

Rooms nice and large with separate toilet from bathroom. Location easy walk to pedestrian zone and plenty of free parking.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Superior Room

No bar to have a drink in the evening.

Good location for the town's main street. Rooms spacious, well equipped with large comfy beds. Very clean Reception staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Superior Room

Great hotel and great comfortable rooms. Good location. Good staff.

I would like Better pricing on breakfast. Hotels forget that some travellers have to convert the prices they pay to their home currency and in our case every euro we spend cost about 70% more. ( Especially with visa taking another 10% margin)Thus a $10 euro meal is $17. Hotels forget this

Breakfast below expectations,

Free parking, good room

• Deluxe Room

Not clean room, Food terrible, felt sicky the day after, staff at restaurant averse, unfriendly, never come back :-(((

• Superior Room

Clean, nice & comfortable rooms, good breakfast, convenient location in the city centre, free parking available

• Superior Room

The shower was badly arranged and flooded the bathroom.

Friendly staff.

• Superior Room

The bed was too springy.

It was nice, clean and close to the center. Breakfast was very delicious.

• Superior Room

Air conditioning wasnt very good when it was very humid

Great hotel and location and food is great

• Deluxe Room

Good hotel, location not too far from the center, free on-site parking, children play area

• Superior Room

Funny squeaking noise from the shower (!)

Nice modern style, all in perfect conditions , very calm with excellent restaurant in the basement

Nothing serious

Fine hotel

• Superior Room

Nice view and location! Restaurant and Steak House just perfect.

Clean, friendly, good location

• Deluxe Room

Really nice hotel with convenient location close to main street.

• Superior Room

A nice big hotel at a great accessible place with no-hassle parking

• Superior Room

Temperature in the room was too high and the A/C did not really work

Rooms were too hot

Expensive minibar.

The room has great design.

• Superior Room

Temperature too high and impossible to adjust

Good

• Superior Room

Very nice hotel well maintained and comfortable

• Superior Room

poor wellness too expensive breakfast

modern design, close location to center of KE

• Superior Room

The best hotel in the town. I booked Yasmin several times and always high quality.

• Superior Room

Bathroom not in good condition anymore

Modern accommodation near central part of Košice

All was great!

Value for money

Nothing to dislike ovrall

Hotel excellent and staff very friendly. Location to shops. Restaurants and centre of Kosice.

• Superior Room

Very loud air condition, uncomfortable mattres and pills, poor cleaning service.

Expensive breakfast

• Superior Room

the lady behind the desk was quite curt

nice bedrooms

• Superior Room

The hotel is close (walking distance), but not in the city centre.

The room was very good, quiet, 11th floor with nice view.

• Superior Room

Service need to be improved

Room size is big and quiet, food is good

• Superior Room

The advertised steakhouse that the hotel raves about was closed and the hotel was deserted

Staff were friendly and helpfull

• Superior Room

high standard and close to center with parking

• Superior Room

Breakfast should be slightly better in such hotel.

• Superior Room

The restaurant was closed because it was a Sunday.

The room was very comfortable, and the shower room was impressive. Easy walk into the old town.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Superior Room

High price :) but that will not stop me from going again :)

High class hotel.Big room,nice bed.Fine wifi.

• Superior Room

Resaption act and talk with a Geust in bad way

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Friendly staff, clean room

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Superior Room

Extraordinary hotel - everything super - bedroom, service, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Superior Room

Very comfortable hotel good location and brilliant breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Superior Room

the location the room the steakhouse restaurant the massages

Browse Hotel Yasmin Košice traveller photo gallery