Reviews of A-ONE Bangkok Hotel 4 stars

9 ,New Petchburi Road, Soi Soonvijai 4, Huai Khwang, 10320 Bangkok, Thailand

#811 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi did not work. The reception was not responsive about the problem. Had change hotel for WiFi only.

Big rooms. Free shuttle service to Bangkok Hospital. Full facilities gym and pool.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel charged Higher cost for Taxi from Hotel to DMK Airport. From Hotel it costed 500B at 5:00am while returning it was 280B, 1:00am at Night. Hotel not near BTS. Very Difficult to use BTS as we need to first use ARL and change to BTS. BTS day pass is not valid on ARL according to my present information. Please Cross Check.

Hotel Ambience was good. Staff was Good. Seven-Eleven Located just next to the hotel. Hotel kept our Luggage for two Days While we traveled to Phuket and back to same Hotel. Beds were comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool was old and unclean. Wifi didn't work and we told them many times but they didn't fix it. They said they will change the room but they didn't. Breakfast was so so and bread was old :( Too many Chinese tourists and they made really loud noise. We will not go back there and there are so many hotels around that area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

You have carpet on bedroom floors. Not hygienic. Tiles are better.

Good value at 1600 THB per night. Late check out time allowed, 2.00pm, to fit my time of flight. Very good. Shuttle bus service very quick.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

One thing I did not like that I requested for a hard bed which I did not get. I requested by mail which was totally ignored.

The Hotel is fully non smoking and location is near to A Hospital for which getting health care is easy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Takes a while in the traffic if you’re planning on going into the city

Comfortable room and good pool and gym. The pool is shallow but nice for a dip when it’s so hot

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is far away from everything fun. The descriptions say that the hotel offer free shuttle bus to the mrt station, so when I first arrived I asked the reception and they told me about the schedule and that I have to book in advance to use it. But when I tried to register my name for the next day, another guy at the reception told me that they don’t even have that service at all and told me to get there by myself??? Also the staff is terrible at english so when I tried to call the reception by the phone they mumbled something and just hung up so I had to go down there myself.

the pool is quite nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately we were there when there were a lot of visitors who were vey noisy and clogged up the lobby. Also the hotel is not accessible by public transport.

Reception was welcoming. Staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel is nice and clean, with good dining and sports facilities. The location is centrally enough to be able to get around. The rooms are of good size with clean bathrooms and comfortable beds.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Price was too high for its location and lack of shuttle and service with a smile.

Advertising that Airport shuttle is included is false advertising. Airport shuttle is available? Anything is available , twice the price of a cab. Just put there is no airport shuttle. The pool area needs work. The staff must be underpaid because they are all miserable then look for a tip.

The rooms were a bit dark.

We (my children) accidentally locked an important stuffed animal In the safe. Our kids forgot the code. Staff came twice to help us, both times with smiles and then success. Thank you!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The WiFi was “broken” and the staff were unhelpful. They were all just after tips rather than trying to help. A very disappointing start to Thailand. Love Thailand hate A-One.

The room was big enough but it was dirty and it felt very tired. We tried to get staff interested in helping us but no one really seemed to care.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The welcoming, really cold without a smile Had to ask for the genius welcome drink Poor WiFi in the room

Good location if you go/come back from the East airport Great view Nice and clean room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was bad, I booked 5 days, 4 nights but when I reached there I decided to change for only one night, the cleanliness of the rooms was very bad, poor and old furniture, very bad staff, except the owner! But generally I don't advise someone who wish comfortable and valuable hotel to stay there, I found a very good hotel with less than the price of this bad hotel.

Nothing liked about the property, it was miserable experience

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Being a guest of the hotel I had to pay for a locker while using the pool. Mainly a bus tour hotel from my experience, so the service wasn’t quite up to expectations even though staff were nice. Airport shuttle was a pain in the ass, I tried to book on arrival but was told a taxi is best way. Ok, on departure a taxi was hard to get due to location. Basically it doesn’t shuttle to airport it shuttles bus parties around to bus terminals or train terminals. My experience wasn’t all bad but I’ll never stay there again, I’ll pay an extra 50usd pn for somewhere better.

Good rooms. Good facilities

• Executive Deluxe Double Room

I went for my daughter medical treatment. And my daughter and husband birthday celebration. I requested front office to decorate the room and deliver a cake. Almost Everyday I went front desk and ask about it every time they ask me to came tomorrow. I told front office I’ll pay for it but they were not able to do it. This is not the service I expect.

Bellmans I appreciate them. They are very helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Definitely not a 4 star hotel. Pool very dirty. Most annoying: once waited 10 minutes for the lift as there are only 2 and 7-8 rounds were totally full. Restaurant is dark and staff didn't speak English, luckily the manager came to help. You can stay in a much better hotel for the same price in Bangkok.

Big room with good aircon.

I don't see...

The kindness of the staff and all the personal, in the "smiling country, the "smiling hotel" indee ! Buffet were top, swiming pool alwais pleasant and cleen , Fitness and the possibility to have a traditional massage in a very nice V.I.P. room... In jully we have to come back in Bangkok, so we will reserve again in the A-ONE HOTEL ! I think the better quality-price in Krungthep...

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location was very secluded from what we expected,not much around apart from 7/11 and one bar. We moved after one night. The pool doesn’t get any sun at all.

Room was nice and clean

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi signals were very poor in rooms, to use internet we have to come out from rooms.at the time of checkout I was in hurry to reach airport and couldn't find one of the two keys they issued at the time of check-in, and they charge me 500 BAHT for it.. which was seriously disappointment as never ever any hotel done this.. I requested them to waive me this fine but they rudely say NO.. I have to paid this even though one of the receptionist come to parking area after me and collected cash from me while I was sitting in taxi to leave.

Rooms were clean, breakfast was good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No multi socket in the room. Not even one. When asked at front office, the staff shouted us to buy at 7eleven near by. When we went to buy at 7eleven, only two pin extension is sold.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Metro is far from hotel and way to station is not convenient. It was old furniture and strange smell in the room. Window view was not good too.

Good staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We alwais are comming back to A-ONE Hotel for all the facility descrived above... With a preference for the buffet the swiming pool the fitness and the SPA. A special mention for T.V. now wery good and a lot of chanel with a good quality in H.D.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet facilities were a bit disappointing. It used to take ages to connect and once it did ,it would disconnect itself in a few hours.

The view from my room was simply majestic, also because my room was on the 15th floor but it was amazing anyhow. Secondly, their breakfast definitely felt like it was a 4 star hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

If staff knows to talk in english will be better im not saying staff were not good. staffs were frindly and always ready to help but 90% of them speak a little english however there was always someone to help

Staff were good and helpfull always with a smile room was big and clean.food was amazing we loved steak

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Shuttle takes too long which is problematic when you are with a patient. Bathroom not cleaned properly. Only 1 small bottle of complimentary drinking water even in a room for two. Bugs in hotel restaurant table cloth which crawled into food during dinner. Lift door sensor weak. Buffet is nice but menu may have variety for different days.

Near Bangkok hospital. Wheel chair and shuttle service available. Nicely decorated. Most staff are friendly, helpful but not all. Restaurant and buffet opens early and closes late. Fresh sea food available.

• Family Suite

The language barrier, but that is okay. :) I hope next time, they can speak and understand English. :) Thanks.

The staff are nice, they are very accommodating, the place is good, the food is good also. Overall, the hotel is great. We will comeback here for sure. Thanks. :)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was an intrusion on one of the nights during our stay but we didn’t probe the staff since the intruder didn’t enter the room but somehow managed to open our door in the middle of the night and made quite a ruckus.

The staffs were really kind to inform me that I’ve left my personal belongings in the room upon check out. Truly the best service I’ve ever seen. Room and bathroom is very clean and tidy!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the location is situated a little bit up from nowhere because next public station is 3-4 km away - you need taxi to leave and to come

super hotel, clean, very friendly people, great 5* breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It wasnt right choice to choose this hotel, even booking has offered that place as the secret deal. I didn't like the behaviour of reseptionist during ckeck-in (a bit arrogant). Next thing that made me sad - room. The windows and mirrors were dirty. I've seen not even small handprints, but pretty big ones. Then the problem with wall sockets, the location of the sockets over the room is so inconvenient. 1st of all there is no one close to bed, 2nd they are all busy with other stuff (lamps, tv). Internet has worked badly, only staying close to window you could a chance to catch a connection. And I did't satisfy with the location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Little far away from the main shopping areas. Excellent location for people visiting Bangkok hospital.

Nice Bathroom. Excellent city view. Friendly staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

• The room was very dirty and smell of cigarettes were stuck into the bedsheets I have asthma therefore I requested for a non smoking room but wasn’t been given. • The parking was stated on the booking as free of charge but they charged me 20AED for it. • The was room was terribly dirty. • The have a club on the 1st floor you can hear the noise in the room. • Lots of prostitution business in the hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The internett offer is not function. There is a free internet offer that are not functional, so there are no other options than og downstairs and sit useing one of the two avaiable PC in the lobby. This is not a good enough offer.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The carpets in the rooms and also in the walkways in each of the floors. It makes me sneeze.

Free travel by car to Bangkok Hospital is of course very convenient; the small cozy coffee shop and the restaurant on the ground floor with lavish dishes for main meals is an attraction.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I asked the hotel to get the Steam Iron they told me was forbidden to use in the room.

The staff were very friendly Extremely helpful at all time & a good rooms. The location is very good because so very calm & best things near Bangkok Hospital & near 7-ELEVEN Markets.

• Executive Deluxe Double Room

I booked the hotel two weeks before my arrival. At the same time I booked their hotel airport pick up service. After numerous emails to get confirmation of the pick up I was told I'd booked to late, three days prior knowledge was required. After I explained to them I'd booked on the day of confirmation of the hotel booking they proceeded to blame booking.com

• Superior Double or Twin Room

wifi facility need to be improve.

A good place to stay if you need to visit Bangkok Hospital.Pick up and dropping facility is excellent from hotel to hospital to hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Better choice in menu items, not very many choices on the menu for vegan. They charged me 4,000 to do laundry, very expensive. They do a wonderful job but I feel very ripped off. The hotel is far from everything.

The hotel is beautiful, the staff were better this time (my second time in this hotel), rooms are cleaned daily with water and tea replenished. The beds are super comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

internet wifi was very very bad...moreover in tv there was no english channel for news,movie or entertainment..most of the receptionist very poor in english so it was sometimes difficult to communicate..

• Superior Room with Airport Transfer One Way

Wifi is a nightmare. However it was our last day so no problem. Walking to Bangkok Hospital is not far but the road is very narrow and crowded. They don't have a fixed schedule to hospital so you have to call for the car and waiting time is incredibly long. Also, they charge guests for using sauna/steambath which is something not too welcoming much.

I like that it is a big property with various offers from food to gym and sauna, massages. Room is a bit dark style but very decent. Very clean. Shining bathroom. Good mattress. Very comfortable. They offer a free ride to and from hospital. I booked the package that include shuttle bus to airport and together that with the room rate it is very good price.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff could have tried harder to assist with basic questions.

A-One hotel is a beautiful hotel, HUGE, clean and lots of staff. I found the staff very unwelcoming and unwilling to give any service other than a one word answer, could very easily have been the language barrier but I found little effort in trying to communicate or ensure that I had the answer I was looking for. The housekeeping staff kept the room clean, changing, sheets and towels daily, water refilled each day and a kettle in the room with tea and coffee. A small fridge stocked with soda and beer. I had laundry service at the hotel and it was top notch. All of my clothes came back smelling wonderful all neatly hung up on hangers. The service was fast and efficient. The buffet looked amazing, anything one would want, I cannot speak for the flavour as I did not eat only looked. The business center that is boasted about in their advertising was shut down and when inquiring I was simply told it was being renovated without any option or suggestion of services they might offer in lui of its closure.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The area around, impossible to find a place to eat. Like industrial zone near tollway

This hotel is not for tourists, we stayed one night because we had to take other flight. But walking around is just not good. Not good area, no taxi at night, not easy. But hotel in itself good. Nice restaurant and friendly staff. Room very comfortable

• Superior Double or Twin Room

room could be cleaner and the hotel needs a revamp - bathrooms run down, shouldn't have to ask for toilet paper (only part rolls were left), bed not made - cover pulled up only and not straightend. Under the impression that free shuttle service to MRT and BTS was around the clock - but in fact only available at 10am, noon and 2pm.

views, front desk staff and proximity to real Bangkok not the tourist areas. Concierge tried hard to avail transport when required.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Amazing staff, we booked comfort room with double bed and we've got feee upgrade to the deluxe room with amazing view. Then we decided stay for another 2 nights. Thank you very much.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Please make sure that all toilet stuffs are ready for customers. I didn't have toothbrush and comb.

This is a very good hotel. I really recommend and every time I go to BKK I still book here

• Family Suite

The location was no ideal. You have to take a taxi to get anywhere and the taxi drivers are ever ready to fleece you - best ask the hotel to negotiate with the taxis to switch their meter on!

The stagf at the front desk were really lovely and accommodating! Very helpful with the early check in and the late check out:)

Wifi is slow.

The rooms are great but there should be shower box as an option instead of bath for every room.18 hours free shuttle service from to the hospital

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Environment, Service, Breakfast..Everything was good. the staffs are well behaved and very welcoming. Best part was the shuttle service to Bangkok hospital.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing within walking distance except for a 7-11. So your stuck to hotel unless you arrange transport. Terrible hotel breakfast.

Cost was excellent.

• Superior Room with Airport Transfer One Way

The hotel only accomodated with bath tab, the stand alone shower is not an option and in the case of old people or anybody who feels to take simple shower, it makes it work. Wifi is not stable and fast, like any facility in Bangkok provides. The front desk tried to explain for me it's due to heavy traffic of Chinese tourists. Generally the hotel is big and beautiful but needs a little revamp.

A friendly staff who remembers you from your last trip makes you feel that you are an important customer. The location is convinient if your purpose of visit is Bangkok hospital. The property provides unlimited shuttle service from and to the hospital and it makes everything smooth for the guest.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The speed of the internet was poor. Hotel like this should be providing free internet with good speed. Would be good with more staffs knowing english

The shuttle service to Bangkok hospital Happy Staffs and clean environment

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior Room with Airport Transfer One Way

Their bar was little short of pathetic - no atmosphere whatsoever. A bit like a kitchen bench with uninviting staff (if there, that is). I went out by taxi to have a few drinks in Petchburi Rd. nearby.

The Bell Captain & his offsider were A1. Reception staff only just - no friendly welcome smiles - all a bit rigid for mine.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For a 4 Star Hotel - breakfast was rather poor. Staff not very friendly, Old fashioned bath room with bath tub and shower-head high up which people dont like at all. Old run down carpets...it's acceptable for 1 night but I will not book it a for a second time !

I had an Operation at Bangkok Hospital and it was very convenient to get to A-ONE Hotel by own shuttle bus. Perfect Service !

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is far from any shopping centers, but good for those who wants to be closed to Bangkok Hospital

The size of the room, the restaurant and the Gym are really great. Also, this hotel provides free transportation to Bangkok hospital

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi was really bad, swimming pool didnt look too clean, location is not very great as there is nothing around - only 7/11 shop so we ended up going somewhere outside of hotel's area every day. We were shocked that even if hotel does have sauna and steam you have to pay extra for it, seperate rooms for men and women. One of the most disappointing things was noticing a cockroach in breakfast

The only things we liked was comfortable bed and fitness room.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location wise this hotel is not a good choice having no restaurant and shopping areas nearby. Getting a taxi was also a big challenge.

Hotel for its facilities is pretty good.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No staff members spoke English so it was extremely difficult for us as foreign travelers to explain our dietary restrictions as vegan when trying to order food. (they brought us fish in our food when we asked 10 times that we are highly allergic) Shower waters were luke warm Facilities were not at all like the pictures - pool is ugly and dirty (stains everywhere on deck and inside water) nothing like we expected from the photos

Comfy Bed Cold A/C Free WIFI good speed

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Difficulty in getting transport for going to BTS stations and shopping centers. Variety of food facility nearby and at reasonable cost.Lack of facilities in hotel room.

Transport facility for Bangkok Hospital.Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Family Suite

Transit costs from Airport to hotel and back is very high. better to book a taxi.

coffee and tea area. nice cakes! staf for transportation at the lobby are really nice and helpfull! All the staff were nice.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is far from key Bangkok places. Mattresses are old and very uncomfortable. Staff is rude. They have people in there who try to convince you to take their taxi service at crazy prices, don't do. Breakfast is bad. Finally you might see many cockroach in the bathroom as we did.

Room was in average a little bit bigger than other places. Room service was done on time.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi facility and after the issue highlighted to information counter also no action was taken. They literally can't speak basic English.

Cleaness and room maintenance

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very expensive if you never pre booked - approximately £15 per person which was extravagant for what it was - a normal buffet.

Hotel was great, nice location and the hotel was clean.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was inconsistent and often unfriendly and not really helpful (and we speak Thai). Free shuttle bus? "Sorry", Can you call a metered-taxi to collect us? "Okay" - didn't happen.

We got a 14th floor room facing south - the view was wonderful!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Family Suite

Do not like - if we Europeans - want to enjoy Asian cuisine, we will in no case be admitted to the dining room, which meant the Asians. The staff speaks mediocre English. Hotels offer free shuttle - it is also available o'clock. Breakfast plates in cockroaches !!!Location - absolutely nothing. To get to the city center unrealistic.

Breakfast was delicious, only interferes when the cockroaches are the food. Beds comfortable.Nice attitude of the staff.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Executive Deluxe Double Room

no complaints, I only stay one night

Good value, near Bangkok Hospital with shuttlebus every half hour. Good Breakfast-buffet and good a la carte restaurant. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was a little cold but I was not bothered as the country is mourning the loss of their king and this is a time to be respectful of that moment. It might be an issue if this is how they normally act to their guests and you want to stay here for a hospital visit.

I received a free room upgrade without asking. A huge corner room that was very much appreciated. A great room and bathroom. Excellent room lighting and a very easy to use room safe.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Allow internet confirmed customers to ad to reservation by telelphone. 2. Food prices exceptionally expensive.

Amicable and professional staff somewhat restricted by internet restrictions.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Please ask them to remove the carpet from the floor.

We liked the location and services of the hotel staff but didn't like carpet in the room which is having old smell

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi very weak. Chinese create a lot of noisy abd disturb others evenly night late. At loopy Chinese disturb others and have no privacy

The people and their intend to help and support.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi did not work AT ALL and I needed to work. when called and asked for assistance they just said there were too many users and there's nothing they can do about it. You can pay extra 490 baht for premium wifi service but uh-ah, no way. I don't think they realize how crucial this is for some guest on business and how the free decent wifi service has become the new norm for hotels these days. Very disappointing.

nice room, nice bed, very close to 7-11

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel somehow dont have flexibilty of time for check out since flight time is sometimes inconvinient.

Convinient if your visit is to Bangkok hospital. The hotel provides free shuttle service back and forth from 6:30am to 11:30pm. On that regard and the breakfast selection, it's excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the pool area was a bit empty, I was all alone.. but the pool area is lovely so not sure why no=one else was there

The room was fantastic, bed was excellent, toilet was superb and to top it all off the mood lighting was great

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel's fine. There could have been a BTS or MRT Station closer than 35 to 40 mins. walk. But that's life! For a single person, add 50 to 70 Baht to reach nearest station on 2 or 4 wheels.

The hotel, bordering a locality of, relatively, no high rises - on one side of it, is quiet, peaceful. Other than the hotel's own facilities, there are a few basic shops and restaurants in two short blocks, away from the opposite side, where high-rises stretch upto Bangkok General Hospital - a mere 6-7 min. walk, where there are more amenities - enough for one's purpose. The hotel provides a shuttle service, to and fro, upto Bangkok General Hospital from morning till evening - driven by friendly, helpful concierges of A-ONE Bangkok Hotel - very convenient.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Enjoyed everything about my stay at A One, only problem was the wifi in my bedroom as it was slow and only worked at certain parts of the room.

We arrived at the hotel a day earlier and ask the staff if we would be able to book an extra night. The staff were happy to do so. Staff were very friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

poor wifi signal, far from BTS, many chinese group tour

central of bangkok, large room, good fitness room

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant was disappointing,and the wifi didn't work.

Browse A-ONE Bangkok Hotel traveller photo gallery