Reviews of Absolute Sanctuary 4 stars

88 Moo 5 Tambol Bophut, 84320 Choeng Mon Beach, Thailand

#31 of 46 hotels in Choeng Mon Beach

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff can get a little confused and at times the fake smile/fake happy attitude is obvious - but that is true of most places now in Thailand sadly. The bed and pillow was a bit hard. I'm not a vegetarian and the amount of animal protein in some of fish/chicken/meat dishes was extremely low. Also the meals varied in size - some dishes would be huge and others tiny and there is no way of telling what size they are from the menu. Extra's are lunch, dinners, yoga and Pilates classes. Check your bill carefully - I had left the property to go the airport and was informed they forgot to charge me for part of my bill. I asked them to send it to me for review which they did under duress, but they charged my card straight away without my checking. I had to chase them for an answer and an unsatisfactory one was given. Money trumps customer service in Thailand now.

The quality of the Pilates and yoga classes is high, the food is super healthy, the pool is clean and large (suitable for doing laps), gardens are beautifully maintained and decor is Moroccan and lovely.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I wanted to love this place - and did at first - but over time there were so many issues with the facilities and housekeeping that it was a constant stress to me; though it's supposed to be a "sanctuary". In my first room the toilet flusher got stuck. After calling for repair, they claimed they repaired it and left. It then did not flush. I had to call them back and ask for them to return. They then claimed they fixed it - and the toilet did now flush - but then water was all over the bathroom floor. Called them back. Attempted "repair" did not solve the issue, though they claimed they had fixed it. I gave up that night and just put towels on the floor to sop up the water, thinking housekeeping would address in the morning and send a technician. No. They did not. Just cleaned up the wet towels, and again water was all over the floor. I then called to ask for more towels, thinking I would just deal with it. They insisted I move rooms, which I did. Left for 4 hours and came back; the room was still not cool after leaving the AC on the whole time. Getting later in the evening..I had maintenance come look. They told me they fixed it. Went back after dinner - and (surprise!) not fixed. Still warm. Called them again. The technician sat there in my room pressing buttons on the AC remote - and then after a long drawn out period of not being able to communicate with the staff, I was told they couldn't repair it that evening. Now it's almost 10pm. I asked to be switched to another room - confusion. More communication difficulty and more time goes by - then they finally move me back into my ORIGINAL room. Technician DOES this time work on the toilet (now after 10pm) and repairs it. They leave. And I realize there's no sheet on the bed. It's getting so late and all I want to do is sleep! Called housekeeping to bring me a sheet. After 15 minutes they come with a mattress pad. (!!!) I try to explain again what I need (a bed sheet).

Spa therapists were amazing. Great massages and treatments! (Though expensive prices compared to the rest of Thailand and the area.)

• Deluxe Double Room

I have a medical condition that requires privacy in the bathroom, this property did not have a door on the bathroom. We left after the first night as it was not practical for our needs. I will never use booking.com ever again. Had we known there was no bathroom door we would never have booked this property. Staff were friendly enough but advised us they were happy to refund the unused nights but since booking.com was used to secure the property they could not do this

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The WIFI is patchy and not reliable

I loved everything - the love kitchen and the amazing food, the amazing juices at the juice bar, the friendly staff, the great room....

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Location as is a short but healthy walk from the beach. Not that bad though.

Best detox health resort. The food is sublime and all the yoga classes great.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Food was a little pricey if not on a package (250-400bht per dish plus 7% VAT and 10% service). Smoothies are 175-195bht plus VAT and service. But despite this I found it came out cheaper to pay as I go than get a package - it depends how many treatments you want and if you want lunch every day.

Good studios, good range of classes. Nice pool and wellness centre was very nice. Free workshops / fitness classes each day were good too

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Steam was smelly and kind of dirty with molds. Food was not that appealing.

Staircase climb, really bad for knees all the time. Staff were not so attentive to guests needs. Swimming pool staff chat to each other noisily...

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I thought it would be closer to the beach, but it's a 15 minute walk including a busy road to get to one (there is a reliable free shuttle to Chaweng Beach, and Choeng Mon, and they are both nice beaches but it takes 15 mins each way in the shuttle). The detox package is expensive and no price adjustments (for example taking into account that you already have breakfast covered with your accommodation) but some flexibility (like taking the welcome meal at the end instead of the beginning). If going in rainy season, take some non-stick shoes because the tiles are really slippery.

The breakfast was superb, accommodation very comfortable and quiet, with nice pillows, balcony area, decor, an oil diffuser in the bathroom and all the movie channels on the TV. The pool is really nice, and steam room too. I was there for five nights and decided to do a three-day detox programme, which I'd recommend for people like me who haven't done something like that before, and you can try yoga, meditation, Pilates etc. Even if you don't do a detox package, there are a few activities each day which all guests can enjoy, like a sunrise walk, aqua-robics, and information talks on various health topics.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely property with actual real health food

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is far from the beach and shops. Taxi service is expensive.

Perfect resort for a wellness holiday. Superb and caring staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lovely staff. Beautiful facility. Great detox program.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Loved everything about it.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

Nothing ...

Great place for fitness - best yoga classes I have ever taken... also Marcos the fitness & Aqua instructor was amazing ... Staff were amazingly friendly and very helpful.. The room was amazing, big & clear ... The pool is really nice ... The massages are really great too & the healthy foooood was great

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

The walk to the beach, beach was gross, walked down a path that looked like a sewage going into the beach and the walk to the beach seem dangerous no path, lots of traffic

Loved the staff, so nice and considerate, the food was excellent, love the people in the dinning room. The wellness room was very helpful, my massages were so good, also really liked my teachers

• Reviewed: 11 March 2016

The food prices were extremely expensive and didn't taste good at all. Their fruits and vegetables were not fresh. Also the 'treatments' at the spa were lower quality as compared to other spas yet 10 times the price.. The location is remote and far from everything so they try to force you into eating there..

Nice pool

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

The staff were very rude and always talking in thai behind the bar with out paying full attention to the custmers.

The staff were very unproffecional. When we complained the hotel manager she told us she woudn't believe that the her staff act unproffecional. With other words she just said piss off and we would not refund your money hahaha... So if you have other choices reconsider again.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

There are few small things can be improved. We stayed in deluxe room, but we would prefer to see it more comfortable. For example, we got used to have a hot and cold water tap, but it was only cold water tap on the sink… The room was very humid and was difficult to sleep at night. In the bathroom wasn’t space to hook you towels and bathrobes, the stair towel holder can accommodate only towels and no clothes. It is not big deal to put couple of hooks, I believe… We didn't like that dressing table and sofa was made of concrete, the wooden furniture would be more cozy... Also is good to know that it is not beach front property and settle in the quite place and you need to have a car or a scooter or use the taxi to go to the sea or other restaurants and life, but if you understand the concept of the hotel as a healthy life style hotel and use facilities you may not wish to go anywhere!

It was our third year of visiting hotel’s facilities as guests and first year to be the residents. This time we decided to stay in the hotel, as we liked it very much and wanted to use more facilities. If you are looking for healthy way holidays or pump up yourself with some diets and sport activities, this place is ideal as offers very wide range of facilities regarding to it. I will comment only facilities which we used very actively, but there are more things to do for your great health and well-being there… The restaurant offers healthy and delicious food from raw and detoxer's menu to alternatives with meat and chicken but always using only healthy ingredients, which is always suitable for any kind of people, for example, if you are not on detox program but still want to eat healthy. This year, being residents, we could follow healthy eating on breakfast as well, as this part was always missing from our guest program in previous year and it was very important for our diet and we were very satisfied with quality and variety. Special words I would like to say about yoga programs. It is best organised, cleanest and most comfortable class I have ever had in my life! I have been so pleased again and would like to say special thanks to Jana- yoga instructor for her professionalism and patience. You can start with her from very beginner and feel very comfortable and confident (as my husband did, and me two year ago) - trying yoga first time… and with Jana’s assistance was able to follow even more hard classes. The classroom is big, clean, facing to the jungle and well equipped with all what you need: mats, towels, bolsters and so on… The hot yoga is fantastic! You can do your 90 minutes in very comfortable way as room temperature very carefully controlled during all the class time. There is a juice bar by the pool offers great choice of fresh juices - we had one - two every day.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2016

The only thing is it is a fair walk to the beach, which is fine, and I usually got a tuk tuk back if too hot to walk. Very minor detail. I would also love it if they introduced some sort of dancing, They have the space and 5 rhythms is now very popular

Absolute pleasure to be found at the Absolute Sanctuary. Went there for the Juice detox and left feeling great and full of gratitude. Loved everything about the place and especially the unlimited broth in the love kitchen. HIghly recommend the whole experience there.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

They charged for a small lamp which got broken by mistake. I was happy to pay more for tips so not money but the attitude was a spoiled moment.

Yoga Teachers and yoga class. Healthy food and detox therapy.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

food in the restaurant is good but too expensive; outside stairs to the rooms need to be renovated; safe in my room was not working

friendly and helpful staff; nice pool; fragrance in the room; very good pilates and yoga classes; free shuttle bus to the beach and into town

• Reviewed: 8 March 2015

Not close to the beach and a bit pricey. waiting staff at restaurant were not so friendly..

Excellent yoga halls and instructors, great food and experienced therapists

• Reviewed: 17 January 2015

spa Management could be more flexible

nice stuff good detox programs good healthy Food very good visiting practioners - try a shiatsu with Pascal !!! A healing experience!!!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The decor and lighting in the dining room is rather drab at night.

Lovely staff, great treatments, world-class yoga...

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.