Reviews of Boulevard Hotel Bangkok 4 stars

2 Soi 5, Sukhumvit Road, Wattana, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#797 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

Room service are very kind and helpful
    • Superior Room

Front desk staff are so complicated and tremendously disorganized .. they doesn’t listen to what the customer want and just ignore

Room service are very kind and helpful

Always made welcome by the staff calls me by my name nice...
    • Superior Room

Always made welcome by the staff calls me by my name nice touch. Handy for the BST bars restaurants landmark hotel does good food downstairs Great location

Can’t wait to comeback
    • Superior Room

I sincerely can’t think of anything, but I would say that since many of the guests are of the Islamic faith, to put a sign “Halal” close to meats section.

I have been coming to this hotel for years, now. Mr. Wouter Hazenbroek, the GM has done a lot of transformation. For example, ensuring that his staff are much in the front lines through interaction with the guests and ensuring that everyone is having a wonderful stay. The staff has becoming more focused on initiating greetings with the guest’s language. The quality has much improved and focused towards raising the bar and establishing new standards for all competitors around the hotel.

Comfortable, clean, friendly, helpful. convenient and great value for money.
    • Superior Room

This was are first time staying at this hotel. We are very happy with out short stay, the staff were friendly and in particular a member of the team called Jackie, she was very helpful. The location is good, very convenient to the BTS skytrain. Plenty of 7/11s and a supermarket, directly opposite the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and the food inside the hotel was good, with plenty of choice. I will be back to stay at this hotel, due to the price being very reasonable, and I will also recommend this hotel to my friends.

I had a wonderful visit, I would definitely stay here again.
    • Superior Room

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was very clean. The Hotel is in a great location for traveling in Bangkok. The breakfast was excellent and there was a lot of variety. I really enjoyed my stay here and I would highly recommend staying here!

The Property in warm location where you can find everything...
    • Superior Room

The Property in warm location where you can find everything you need and nearest for BTS Station. The Staff is wonderful and is clean and comfortable. The Hotel top Management is perfect.

Couldnt wait to leave the hotel
    • Superior Room

There were insects and bugs in the bed.. the sheets and everything was not clean.. there was no hot water in the bathroom..everything was bad..

• Superior Room

No cctv on the floor where thieves steal stuff from guests luggage and the hotel manager was all careless about the incident and did not help at all. My brother checked out earlier because of this incident and the hotel management did not have the decency to not charge the remaining nights, they charged him complete nights that he didnt stayed there for. It was nothing for them 1500$ got stolen from their hotel room.

Location. Otherwise this hotel needs a lot of renovations, and the rooms need to be updated. My brother stayed here and housecleaning staff stole 1500$ from his bags and hotel did not co-operate at all.

They have theifs in the hotel!
    • Superior Room

They have theifs in the hotel! Somebody from the room housecleaning stole 1500$ from my bag and hotel did nothing for it!! Manager was in the mob I believe!

Quick one night stay, seemed nice.
    • Superior Room

I was only there one night, so didn't experience a lot. The rooms were a little dated and some of the electronics didn't seem to work on the master control

Nice hotel in a good location. Nana area of Bangkok. Surrounded by lots of restaurants, malls, bars, etc. Rooms were a little dated, but nice. The bathroom was very nice.

• Superior Room

Very disappointed. Reception staff was indifferent. Tiles on the bedroom floor were broken. The bed was squeaky and uncomfortable. On the surface the room looked clean, but doorframes and other edges were filthy i.e. hadn't been cleaned for a very long time. Missing tiles in the bathroom had been plastered over and not replaced. All of the above would be ok for a 2 or basic 3 star hotel at a much cheaper price. This reminded me of my back packing days as a nice stop. It is adequate , but no more than that. Generally I am not too fussy about my hotels, however I am rarely this disappointed. If I had more time I would have changed hotels.

Location. But once there realised there are plenty of hotels with an equally good location. The cleaning staff and doormen were friendly. Reception and bar staff could do with some training.

I shall not be returning.
    • Superior Room

The room did not look as big or colourful as the pictures. The TV was old and didn't even have a HDMI slot. The plugs on the wall were loose and dangerous. The bed was not a double bed but two singles put together, with two single duvets on top made to look like a double bed. There was a funny smell in the room. The whole place felt old and not well kept compared to the modern looking pictures. It cost just under 2000 thb which is extortionate for the standard of room. You can find the same style in Bangkok for around 500 - 800 Baht.

The lobby was nice and the service was okay.

Excellent Location .

Bathroom CP Fittings are Old

The Location is Excellent , Hotel is old need Renovation . But for a short tip No issues . Staff Good . Rest all Good . i would definitely stay again , Only because of Good Price & Location

Location is good
    • Deluxe Corner Room

Staff were not helpful, no one helped me to take my luggages I carried five big luggages alone. Also you have to wait minimum 5 minutes to get hot shower water, however, suddenly becomes cold. Room AC is very poor

Location is good

Excellent Staff!!!

Location and staff!!

I have been staying in this hotel for the last 5 years. Wonderful hotel staff.. specially the lady on the reception name “jacky”. She was very helpful and Courteous. Excellent location!!

Ok hotel itself but would not recommend or stay again.
    • Deluxe Terrace Room

Had to change first room (smelt musty and bedding was damp). Breaker blew twice (although we only had one plug in room to use)., no hair dryer / lights for most of our stay...also music did not work and TV speakers were blown (couldn’t watch). Area was also heavily populated with Muslims (and Muslim merchandise / restaurants etc)., did not feel like I was in Bangkok. The staff did try to correct issues as they arised but it is not good value for money spent...

Breakfast was good, staff tried their best, close to BTS station (so we could get out of the area)!!!

Not happy with the reception how they handled my issue AT ALL!!!!
    • Superior Room

First I lked the upgrade i recieved, but after I have received the key for the room I was informed that there won't be any hot water from 10pm to 7 am the next day.. when I called reception that I'm not happy about this I have been told that I got an upgrade already..An unwanted upgrade because no standard room was available? And then no water??. But...I never asked for an upgrade. I have been told that there are no standard rooms available and that's why I was upgraded. The reception was clearly lying to me again and again. This is not how you treat valuable customers. Very dissapointing outcome. My question would be...why asking me in the first place for an upgrate when I didn't ask for it? And having the guts to tell me after I received the room key that there won't be any hot water??!! Really??? Managent..you need to teach your staff better than this...when I was transferred to the standard room,my 3 expectation was at least to have a clean room. The carpet is so.old and dirty that I didn't took off my socks even for the night. The room was just dirty....

First impression was very good...read what happening then...below ..

Nice Hotel in a Good Location .
    • Superior Room

The rooms need refurbishment . . Cracks on wall , balcony wall with pipework rusty , housekeeping staffs do keep forgetting to replenish hand towels , cotton buds , water bottles & they only vacuum the room on our 2nd day stay & didn't continue daily for the rest 4days of our stay . .

The location which is in the heart of the city , the welcoming staffs at the reception , the tight security check by the security manager himself , the daily salutations by the security personnel themselves & the friendly porters who had been very helpfull . Keep up the good work guys .

Disappointed with room and hotel doesn’t look like what was advertised on the internet
    • Superior Room

Rooms were meant to be superior but they were far from superior. Very run down, needs decorating. The room had a horrible smell to it as you first walked into the room. Looked over the pool which was good but the other side looked over a rubbish tip. The air conditioning outside our room leaked water which was dangerously over the floor outside our room.

the Staff were very helpful and pleasant

Stay was very good for who will stay not more than three days and location is Excellent
    • Deluxe Room

Same breakfast everyday and the WiFi is poor.

The location was excellent for who would like to reach the hospital and Nana street. The arabian street is in front of the hotel.

The staff is coorporate with the guest and assist us.
    • Superior Room

They should ask the guest before put him in smoke room. because they put me in smoke room and the room was very bad smail

The staff is coorporate with the guest and assist us.

I can't wait to return
    • Superior Room

The only issue that I had was that my fire alarm kept going off randomly. The issue was quickly solved and I was quite pleased.

The staff was amazing and friendly they were helpful and courteous. The area is pretty central and it was close to the metro which is what I wanted. I enjoyed the pool and the bar area. All and all it is a nice place to stay if you want to be comfortable and safe

Good Stay
    • Superior Room

Laundry charges too high (beyond imagination). Qibla direction and pray mat not available even though most of the customers are from the Middle East .

Staff, location, cleanliness, breakfast

The hotel new of problems with room , but still booked me in . Rip off
    • Superior Room

Aircon fixed at 10* . Far to cold , could not adjust No hot water in shower No balcony , I paid for a room with a balcony Still waiting for refund deposit

I extend my booking as i was happy with hotel facilities and...
    • Superior Room

I was not able to re-book through front desk for next 3 days as they provide me totally different rate as well the rate in booking.com also increase. While i am already existing customer i should get the same rate as i already there for 2 days & i was hope to extend for 3 days more but no luck.

I extend my booking as i was happy with hotel facilities and staff how dealing with gutes.

Very clean , staff was very kind and friendly.
    • Superior Room

Nothing, everything was perfect.

Very clean , staff was very kind and friendly. Was always happy to assist you. Property Nearby arabic Resturants & night market. Value of money.

The staff was nice and they did what they could.
    • Superior Room

The rooms need a lot of maintenance. This is not what you would expect from 4 start hotel and for the price, rooms are equivalent to 2 star hotel in EU or US. First I was put in smoking room even though I requested nonsmoking (that room was one of their best rooms in the hotel on the top floor). The second room had mold in the bathroom and the air conditioning was blowing it all over the place (the air conditioning filter is not really a filter). The third was smoking again although it was supposed to be nonsmoking. Fourth was acceptable, but still needed a lot of maintenance (bath tub handle falling off, etc.). Facility-wise you definitely won't get what you're paying for.

The staff was nice and they did what they could. The food ordered to the room was very nice and for a good price. Internet worked quite well.

Bad experience
    • Deluxe Room

Millions times we talk about the people on th receptions they ARE NOT FRIENDLY AT ALL YOU MAY LOSE CUSTOMERS BECAUSE OF THEM SPECIALALY THE LADIES THE ARE VERY bad attitude

Boulevard Stay
    • Superior Room

No hot water in the showers. We found some dusty and mouldy areas in our room. Our bathroom had an unpleasant smell and the Wi-Fi speed/connection was not good.

The breakfast was really nice and the location is very close to all forms of transport and restaurants. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Room

Million time we said please teach the stuff how to deal with customer Respect and smile that all we don’t want anything more only smile and not to talk in Thai language if there is misunderstanding betweenness Thanks

Best Honeymoon accommodation in Bangkok

Nothing I can say.

I'd recommend this Hotel as the Best place in Bangkok specially for Honeymoon and Family. The facilities, staff, ambience, actually everything was just perfect as well as the Location which was just so convenient with all markets around it.

Below average..
    • Superior Room

Condition of the room, Wi-Fi, faulty telephone set, old television, bathroom not upgraded. Old safety box. Mini bar, had no alcohol supplies therefore shouldn't have named it a bar. Me and my colleague arrived at 1:30pm..our room wasn't ready and we got it at 3pm.most hotels in sukumvit give rooms post 12pm inspite of being sold out.. Our in room telephone set was faulty, so we couldn't even call the reception, to complain that the WIFI WAS SUPER SLOW,. We had to go down time and again to ask for what were needed.having said that the staff compromised and were at their service.. For the price we paid, there are better furnished hotels in sukumvit, upgraded modern rooms compared to boulevard which have got quite out dated and worn out.. Not enough plug points to charge our handsets and laptops Simultaneously. The lobby is welcoming I wish they do something about the room condition, also the AC sounds too loud.

Only the staff.. At the reception

Beautiful 4 days stay at Boulevard Hotel Bangkok

Nothing at all

The warm welcome from hotel staff and the great location. My special thanks and sincere gratitude to Mr. Chayut and Miss Phattarasaya for their par excellence professionalism and courtesy.

Disappointed by the ‘welcome’ and the staff attitude.
    • Superior Room

Staff attitude was rigid and unable to cope with minor issues. For example our Booking.com reservation was clearly visible on my phone, but had not been entered into the hotel’s system. No apology. Simply told to wait. Not a great welcome. We appeared at the pool bar 5 minutes before their Happy Hour. First words from waitress ‘No Happy Hour’. No ability to welcome a guest. Given that I am not convinced about the kitchen given a spell of diarrhoea when I had eaten only breakfast and dinner in the hotel, so overall, I have to write this hotel off my list

Nice hotel. Good staff - but - not eating here again.
    • Superior Room

Breakfast was expensive. Too many mosquitos around the outside dining area. I ate only breakfast and dinner at the hotel, and had a very severe dose of Travellers' Diarrohea for the next 4 days.

Very good staff

Would highly recommend this hotel .
    • Superior Room

Perhaps slightly expensive hotel overall,, but nothing to complain about so then it is probably good value for money. When I extended my stay one more night the price went from online booking price per day of 2700 to 4700 baht . A little annoying but the hotel was quite full I think. Tv not much channels to watch,

Very good bed and pillows , air conditioner in room very cold , but they supply bathrobes to keep you warm. Very friendly staff. Awesome WiFi in lobby, restaurant , gym , pool area and rooms . Watched Netflix and streamed UFC on my iPad with the good WiFi .

Disappointed- we left early
    • Superior Room

Hotel is like an ice box. Location is ok if you want to end up in the Middle East somewhere!!!!! Had great trouble finding some Thai food in the area - if you like arab food, it’s the right place to go.

Staff ok

Nice hotel, great location but the rooms need refurbishment.
    • Superior Room

The rooms are quite bland and tired and in need of refurbishment. There are better options in the area for less money. I also noticed there were a number of tiles missing in the swimming pool. If they do refurbish the rooms I will stay again but not unless they do.

Its a nice hotel with a brilliant location in Sukhumvit Soi 5, a short walk from Nana skytrain station. It's right in the heart of the Sukhumvit entertainment area.

The quality and location met my every expectation. Recommended.
    • Superior Twin Room

Not so much "didn't like" but as a suggestion the hotel should clarify its location on the various GPS aps - my taxi driver had some difficulty locating it.

Although modestly priced and unpretentious, the Boulevard ticked every box. The location is excellent and the staff very helpful. Although the "Amari" connection has now gone, i.e it is now simply "Boulevard", the staff at all levels remain dedicated and friendly.

Sad & Never again...
    • Superior Room

Cockroaches and Tiny-Mini Insects in the room, & Bath Room... Sad :-( Reception & bell Boys were good and friendly, but You could see on the face all they could do was Smile & say Sorry Never again

Honestly Nothing to write about :-(

Great location to discover Bangkok and have a little oasis of a pool after a days shopping!
    • Superior Room

Not much really, staff are obliging, its clean. I have noticed its clientele has changed over the years and now is very Arabic - you could get burkered to submission!!!!

We use this Hotel for the location. Have been staying here for about 12 years on and off. Best breakfast in Thailand - good beds - good shower. Showing signs of age but great value still. The pool area flooring needs attention, but I have been complaining to Amari ( who have just sold it) for years, but its still the same. The pool itself is great and this time the chlorine is now under control and so pleasant to swim in.

Zero out of 5
    • Superior Room

They were unprofessional they are 4 star hotel but they don't have sense of dealing with the customer, I booked refundable room and they charge my credit card although it says that I can pay when I reach the hotel..they care about money so much very material people who I really hate, whereas hotels in Bangkok like Shangr la and Mercure hotel they really treat the customer as no. 1. I'm really disappointed withe amari hotel in there way towards money very disgusting. I will never recommend this hotel to friend

Close to everything

Good central location very convenient.
    • Superior Room

Good central location very convenient. Close to Nana Plaza hotel security very amenable user friendly. Rooms bed linen and towels cleaned every day. About half an hour from the Airport by Taxi.

Boulevard is my no. 1 choice but I wish if Internet was also good.
    • Superior Twin Room

The only issue I had was the internet, It is the most pathetic internet service i have came to witness in at least my 3 years experience.

I have mentioned above what I liked already. Ideal location in Sukhumvit with vast majority of food around.

WANT TO STAY IN FUTURE BECAUSE OF THE LOCATION, BUT THEY NEED TO RENOVATE.
    • Deluxe Terrace Room

PROPERTY VERY OLD. NEED SERIOUS RENOVATION. LIFTS ARE VERY OLD. HOT WATER NOT WORKING ON THE BATHROOM. BAD ODOUR ON THE CORRIDOR OF EACH FLOOR.

LOCATION

Bad smell on every floor.
    • Superior Twin Room

Bad smell on every floor. We found a snake like worm in our bathroom. Called housekeeping but it is an hour now and no one came to get it removed from our bathroom. Yukkkkk

Would not stay or recommend hotel
    • Superior Room

Office manager not helpful We were put in the old part of the hotel the bathroom was very old the T V was from last century and the carpets had stains on it the hotel smells very bad

The staff were very good Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

ok...
    • Superior Room

The lady at the breakfast counter told me to change shirt because I was not dressed appropriately. It takes courage to say that and she did have the courage !!!

It was good
    • Superior Twin Room

Hotel is getting old , you need to do something new and the add more facilities in the poolside ( like a steem bath)

House keeping is excellent,breakfast is always good

Not bad.
    • Superior Room

- area around hotel very crowded - the hotel is not keeping ( please do not disturb / please clean the room ) papers in the room

- The hotel good overall but old dated .. For Arabs especially this is an area where they can have a lot of restaurants around.

Taxi driver working for the hotel, Mr.
    • Superior Room

Tours arranged through the hotel desk were a disappointment. Confused logistics, unfriendly driver and guides not very informative.

Taxi driver working for the hotel, Mr. Son, was extremely helpful and courteous

Nice hotel but don’t expect the room you are booking for.
    • Special Offer - Superior Double or Twin Room

It wasn’t the room I booked. I booked a room with a balcony nine months ago and they told me that it was booked out and there was nothing they could do for me. I did complain but it went through death ears.

I did not eat at the property

Great place
    • Deluxe Room

Amazing hotel good service and nice place everything available and nearby and deluxe room which I stayed was great staff was very kind and cooperative

A bit pricey for what you get
    • Superior Room

The room decor is a bit dated and the swimming pool area needs attention

Located close to many shops and eating places with a 24 hour grocery store right opposite the hotel

It was decent.
    • Superior Room

The room felt old and maybe in need of a touch up. The double beds were actually two singles pushed together (this was thr same for others in the hotel). The terrace could do with a lick of paint and a light for the evening. The speakers on the old tube style TV were shockingly bad. The terrace door wouldn't lock (figured a work around by gripping the door high to squeeze it together) - told the hotel, but just sent me a small box of chocolates and said sorry... couldn't they have arranged to fix it? The pool water was a bit milky and needs attention. Some tiles are cracked (and could cut you), plus the concrete around the immediate edge of the pool really should be reset.

The breakfast buffet was brilliant. Lunch by the pool was good too. Terrace was a nice addition to the room and the complimentary water was much appreciated.

Excellent stay couldn’t have been better hope to be back again soon
    • Superior Twin Room

Everything was good the staff especially were very kind and helpful

Yes the eggs were fluffy just as I like them and the bed was comfortable only the lights in the room used to flicker on n off but the same was rectified

Will never stay with Amari again and would never recommend it to anyone.
    • Superior Room

We booked online and found that the room looked nothing like we had booked. The pool needs updating. The room was really dirty. Carpets are revoltingly dirty. The curtains didn't close properly. We had to change rooms because our first one had no hot water and stunk.

Breakfast. The staff on the tourist information desk were very helpful and friendly and easy to book trips with. Not much privacy though because they are shoved in the middle of the floor. Should have their own office. The girl in the office behind the tourist desk was very helpful. She looked up some places and printed directions for us.

good but Reception staff/operator need some training in Customer service
    • Superior Twin Room

check in slow... only one girl available and constantly answering phone... problems with Internet... they gave me wrong password and then next day no Internet because of expiry.. seems they need to reset ??

breakfast good... pool good but small

Good for basic needs but nothing exciting to talk about.
    • Superior Twin Room

looks like a old property. lift is also old and takes long time. Room, though not bad, there nothing exciting and everything looks pretty used and old. At thai restaurant, though I decided not eat there, looks pretty deserted and dated.

All the Basics are good. No specific problem. Welcome was good. Location is pretty central though little too crowded if you are looking for a peaceful place.

Mediocre
    • Superior Room

The hotel room was old and outdated , the walls were incredibly thin and I was kept awake most of the night by a woman in the next room.

The pool area was good

Typical and safest place to stay and enjoy with family
    • Superior Room

The room view was not that good.

Awesome place to be... Arabic eateries and food, Shawarama taste cant be forgetten one if the best in its class. The whole place is surrounded by ao many shops, supermarkets, hotels and it is very next to the Nana Sky Train station.

Good location. Good breakfast and friendly staff.
    • Superior Room

Cabinets too old and doors loose creating noise when opening. Safe too small for laptop. Bathroom heavy stench of urine especially in shower area. Price of room includes only ONE breakfast even though it is stated there are 2 adults checking into the room. So we have to pay (no choice) for another breakfast everyday for 5 days.

Good spread for breakfast. Good location. Friendly staff.

The Amari Boulevard is the hotel of choice for me in Bangkok because of its great convenience.
    • Deluxe Corner Room

The bathroom fittings such as basin faucets and shower controllers need immediate change. Corridor and room carpets should be changed. Both the lifts need immediate change.

Location Breakfast Staff Friendliness

Gret hotel great location!
    • Superior Room

I had problems with the hot water in the shower. Two mornings in a row the water was cold even though I'd been told it was fixed.

Very comfortable room and great staff. Right in the heart of Sukhumvit Road entertainment area, Staying here again in January 2018.

It was a fair stay.
    • Superior Room

Rooms looks very old with low lighting , Breakfast rules of must wear tshirt and shoes. The location of the hotel was bad with dirty environment, noisy

Staffs were very friendly and helpful.

Fantastic
    • Deluxe Corner Room

Slightly disappointed the rooms we had booked weren't available when we arrived.

Staff are brilliant from the man who gets you the lift to the lady making my 2 fried eggs each morning! Smiling all the time and great at remembering the little things like who likes tea or coffee. The porter even walked with us up the the sky line train station to make sure we got the right train on a night out! Thank you all for making our stay great. Have stayed there 17 years ago and wanted to go back. And if we come back to Bangkok, we will defo stay there again.

Breakfast is excellent!

I use hotel ‘s Limousine .Its cost 1500 baht from airport to hotel.They say with Mercedes but actually not.Very very disappointing!

Breakfast is excellent!

The stay was nice and pleasant
    • Deluxe Room

Hotel room/corridor carpet consumed and need to change.

1- The staff is very helpful and friendly. 2- location of the hotel for whom who likes to stay in nana and visit near places. 3-Near to arabic restaurant and other facility.

Nice expet the noise in the corridor
    • Superior Twin Room

The bed is not Q size at least, it’s tow beds adjustan together,quite old Nice The corridor not carpeted

Hotel in general good, lobby is well designed

Overall we enjoyed and revisit again.
    • Superior Room

I stayed here second time with family. Staff is very friendly and helping. Extra Bed was provided on our demand. Rooms and wash rooms were neat and clean. Location is in the center of Bangkok and you can access train, taxis, restaurants and shops very easily.

• Superior Room

My booking in the app it was 2 adult and 1 child When i ceach the hotel the reception told me your booking is for 1 adult only 🙁 I have to pay again for second adult !!!!!!

zero
    • Deluxe Twin Room

rooms are full of dirt.. bad cleaning especially for chairs and red pillow which have spots of men serums. Toilets are not meeting expectations which is required regular maintenance

Good location for Arabs
    • Superior Twin Room

Since my last stay in the hotel back in late 2013,there have been no changes at all! price comparing to other newer hotels are high, in my opinion the hotel needs real renovation,the staff are friendly enough but be honest it needs some Development

Location and staff

Not impressed.
    • Superior Room

Stayed 3 different times over our holiday. First 2 rooms had no hot water inc showers. First room freezing couldn't make the air-conditioning any lower and DVD didn't work but only there one night. Had to call maintenance to sort out DVD player in second room on second visit. The third had hot water but the mattress they supplied (when this had to be asked for as only one king sized bed was originally provided for 2 adults and a child ...) was dirty. No toddler's/ children's pool nor anything else to amuse youngsters. [Finally found funarium a few blocks away]. Obviously Bangkok not for families.

View from our room on 23 floor on our second stay.

Excellent hotel for Arabs

The transport to the airport was not fixed, every person on the external counter was given us different price.

Breakfast, location, friendly staff, rooms, everything

Browse Boulevard Hotel Bangkok traveller photo gallery