Reviews of Amari Watergate Bangkok 5 stars

847 Petchburi Road, Rajthevi, Pratunam, Phayathai, Pathumwan, 10400 Bangkok, Thailand

#275 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

The stay was amazing

When checking in the reception area was very crowded and staff seemed to be overwhelmed with all of the chatting over each other. Would be better if it was more contained

I liked the friendliness of the staff, the huge variety of options at breakfast and if you asked for anything nothing was too hard

Nice room with a good view
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Although the room we got was a non smoking room, we can still smell smoke over the period of stay. Guess the ventilation was all centralised.

Nice room with a good view

Maybe more communication between Reception and Housekeeping team?
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

My booking was for 3 persons. However this was not communicated to housekeeping. 3 out of 5 nights of my stay, housekeeping only provide towels n toiletries for 2 pax. I have to call to get for d 3rd person. Not sure if this was due to the fact that we didn't have the roll away bed set up as my teenager was able to share the same bed with us. The lifts can also be quite a nightmare during morning hours. I suspect lifts will bypass floors when they r full. My family waited 10mins in vain for one. We ended up taking one gg up before we can finally get to ground floor.

Great location and a nice hotel. The hotel staffs are all very helpful :)

Cosy Hotel and lots of shopping around the area .
    • Executive Twin Room

The mineral water should change to those disposable outside selling water cos got one kind of smell .

Cosy Hotel and lots of shopping around the area .

Luxury

It was a luxury stay. Right from entering the hotel to your room, you will get the feel of you being a VIP. Complimentary upgrade to 1720 suite given to us to celebrate our honeymoon. Excellent view. Room has all amenities. Cascade - being vegetarian we opted for pizza and ask for additional topping. Pizza was yummy. We have it 2 times there. Breakfast - All types of cusines. Got our Indian live counter for dosa Puri bhaji. You might not get time even to look all food options there. Plus - Property is next to Bangkok night market. No need to travel anywhere else for shopping.

Value for Money
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Front Desk did not speak fluent English and had some issues with Check out time. However after a bit of explanation, the hotel did waive off the late check off charge so overall satisfied in the end

Location is excellent if you intend to go Shopping. The Hotel does not provide correct guidance on transport and one should check pricing on Uber Grab directly.

Good but not a 5 star experience

Although this hotel is 5 star from its amenities the overall experience is not 5 star. There are shortcomings in customer service and skills and the property is starting to show its age. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good hotel, but compared to so many other excellent 5 star hotels in Bangkok it is not a 5 star experience, in my opinion.

Great location. Extensive kitchen. The staff taking care of our room was excellent.

Be wary of your credit card being charged upfront, even though it's on free cancellation basis.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Amari had wrongly charged my credit card upfront, even though it's on free cancellation basis. Amari had acknowledged its mistake and promised to make the refund, but failed to do so after 1 month. Then Amari made another commitment that it has already made a refund, but it will take up to a month for my credit card receive the refund. By the date I checked into hotel, even though no refund came through, I was made to pay for the hotel stay again (on the basis that the refund was on its way), but to-date, on July 14th (almost 3 months), I have not received any refund. It is an endless wait!!!! Be aware of such a dire situation.

Every positive factors is negated by the hotel failing to make a refund almost 3 months after it wrongly charged my credit card upfront, even though it's on free cancellation basis.

Location is good.

I won’t rate it as 5 star, however it’s the best hotel around the area. Elevators operating system is poor. It may take u more than 10 mins to wait for the elevator (due to crowd). Some furnitures in the Room are outdated, I guess they may want to change them.

Location is good. I think it’s the best hotel around the area. Staff are friendly and supportive.

Nice stay. Very poor breakfast

English breakfast very poor most of it very cold and poor imitation for the real things i.e. sausage, black pudding, Had to have my breakfast. Microwave just to get it hot.

Room very nice. Hotel very peiceful.

The hotel is in the heart of the city and we were fortunate...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel is in the heart of the city and we were fortunate to get the room at the higher floor(27th) where the city view is amazing. The best part of this hotel is the breakfast which caters to all nationalities and has a wide spread buffet.

It was an excellent stay apart from the Breakfast Struggle on 4th floor!!
    • Executive King Room

The breakfast hall on 4th floor, just huge for nothing, the place was always crowded with people, everyone is (Snatching) whatever they can get hold of from food!! Hardly anyone attends to you at your table!! I strongly recommend you change this huge hall into smaller halls for different floors!! It was my worst breakfast experience in all my traveling history!! No privacy AT ALL in that huge dinning hall!!

It's an excellent BIG hotel with spacious rooms, good helpful staff and excellent location.

Excellent location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Drainage is not so good.

Excellent location. U can find everything you need without taking any transport. Walkable to shopping malls. Big c nearby. Spa shops within walking distance. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room is clean.

Ideally located in downtown shopping area
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

King size bed blanket was too short.

Dedicated professional staff. Clean and calm rooms. Very good buffet breakfast with all kinds of western and asian food. Choice of delicious fresh juices and homemade marmelade. Well situated in Pratunam area : Platinum garment center and Panthip Plaza are at only five minutes walk across New Petchaburi Road. Another few steps lead you to Isetan, Central World or Zen.

Best location for shoppers

The room was not well cleaned. Tables were never dusted, I also requested to be added toilet papers twice during my stay

The breakfast fruits were great. Every day there was something new. The whole breakfast had sufficient variety for all tastes. The Grilled lamp and fish and chips at the Lobby restaurant were out of this world I wish to recommend Mr. Prapas Phopha who went out of his way to make our stay extra comfortable.

Location was great food is amazing the value of the money is...
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

Wifi service was not reachable in one of our rooms The room has some dust smell on first day but after the cleaning it was ok

Location was great food is amazing the value of the money is good the reception service is fast staff are friendly

Really enjoyed it; will definitely return to Amari Watergate.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The only occasion I fill this section in, is when there are systemic problems with an establishment that could be seriously detrimental to your comfort, wallet, or life; and it will be based on my previous experience not a personal subjective analysis on what might happen, or, something contrary to my personal expectation. Let's face it - there is always something that pisses people off, from the obvious to the insignificant.... you could have a screaming hissy fit over something, whereas I possibly couldn't give a rats-ass (I might even think it's hilarious). After more than 30 years travelling, I ignore personal comments... because the joy of travel is to experience highs and lows, otherwise you might as well stay at home and stay glued to your internet screen. Basically nothing we didn't like. One recommendation for the hotel: during your next renovation, it might be beneficial to extend the pool a little more- quite small for the total number of rooms.

Good location, e.g right on the doorstep of the manic Pratunum market... Excellent service; in particular the buffet lunch was outstanding. Building format well laid out; spacious for a small footprint

nice hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the faulty access cards which needs to be replaced every night of our stay

the property was just renovated but still feel old. Our access cards needed to be changed every night(!) because they became faulty and we couldn't enter our room. However overall stay experience is still good because the staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are also kept clean

Comfortable and Good environment
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

Good location and staffs very helpful, only take few minute walk to reach to shopping mall, I am strongly recommend this Hotel to my friends, but just only room rate a bit high compare to the others. Finally I will say GOOD.

Location is great, facilities are very good, and the view was nice
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The rooms in higher floors are much different and newer. Grand Deluxe rooms (higher floors) vs Deluxe rooms (lower ones), with newer furniture and more clean. The sound of A/C was sometime high in the Deluxe room, and the cleanness wasn't perfect.

Room size was perfect (40 sqm). The desk space was very nice, and the sofa was good. View was good also. Facilities were very nice, Gym / Sauna and swimming pool Grand Deluxe rooms have water jet (for Bidet - WC) - Shattaf - not available in the Deluxe rooms

Excellent hotel room & location for bigger family, who don't mind walking a little bit more
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Toilet in Room - 1) Design of shower door to floor mat kinda weird, somehow floor mat will always get stuck between door and floor when getting out of shower 2) sharing door between toilet seat and main toilet door makes the toilet feel more cramp. TV channels in room - hope to have more selection on English movies / Kid channels

Room is spacious. Breakfast Buffet spread is good. Staff esp concierge services are friendly and really helpful, always try their best to get the best deal on taxi for us. Thank you!

3 day ,2 night BKK.

The loud flushing when the WC is flushed.

The buffet spread was quite good as there was variety. The welcoming lemon grass drink was really refreshing with the warm towel.

A good experience with a thumb up.

They missed out whether the guest will like to have newspaper reading Everyday. The hotel should seriously consider the express checkout service as well as the special counter for checking out.

Amari is well located in the heart of Bangkok especially a stone throw away from Platinium mall. We are pleased that the hotel staffs were courteous and helpful in providing the necessary information about transportation moving around Bangkok. I think the staffs are committed to provide a good service to all customers.

Good property for accessibility and large rooms suitable for family.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Wifi was patchy at times. Rooms were also a bit dated. Had to ask for towels on the second day as they removed all our towels while cleaning and did not replenish.

Bed was comfortable and room was big. Relatively quiet despite being street side. Lobby was impressive but what was best was the location. Easy walking distance to shopping malls. Appreciated that they gave us adjoing rooms for our family.

Great shopping location!
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

One of the room toilet was not up to expectation. 1-2 of the toilet lights were not working. Staff insisted that all toilets are dim like that, which was not true after comparing with the other 2 rooms we booked. Everything else is great.

Good location for those who wants to shop at Platinum Shopping Mall. Very nice view on the Executive Lounge, you get to enjoy free flow of drinks and food during Tea Time.

We stay there 1 week but booking 2 time
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We stay there 1 week but booking 2 time Great location for shopping but staff at reception not friendly included manager talk very rude with customer when check in and check out and tell us claim down but don’t look her face disgusting and angrily with customer. We waste time too long (unconvenience )for check out at all. Supervisor Manager tell us will report and tell feed back for us but never got heard back lol.

Having stayed with Amari hotels before, this one lived up to my expectations of excellence

the only the I didn't like was the breakfast buffet in the upstairs restaurant. overpriced and not enough western choices.

everything was excellent. especially the staff. Anything I asked of them was handled promptly. taxi service was great as was the location. check in and out was simple. room was clean. downstairs restaurant was great. I will stay again.

6-star service at Amari Watergate

Everything is fantastic!

The service is impeccable. Every staff is so accommodating and polite. The breakfast is fantastic too with a wide array of food. It was just a wonderful experience!

Good holiday

Hotel was over booked. I had requested for a double bed but was given a room with 2 single beds. Receptionist Vi handled the situation with humor and promised to change my room the following day, which she did. Housekeeping was very friendly too.

Everyone and everything was better than what we were...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Everyone and everything was better than what we were expecting! The room and the beds were very comfortable. the food was fantastic with such a wide variety of foods to choose from at the breakfast buffet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. You cannot get a better location than this hotel. We will definitely come back!

1. The Executive room we stayed in is so very nice.
    • Executive Twin Room

1. The carpet and the elevator show signs of age. But in fairness to the elevator, it is still very fast.

1. The Executive room we stayed in is so very nice. It has the grandest view Bangkok right in our room. 2. The Club Lounge offers free afternoon tea snacks from 5-7pm to all occupants of the executive floor. 3. It is just a very few steps away from the shopping area. Just in front of Platinum Mall. 4. Checking in and out is a breeze as it is personalized when you stay in the executive floor. Two thumbs up!

the rooms are clean and nice.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the front desk staff who helped us check in was terrible and not friendly at all...somehow wanted to hold two nights of our stay as deposit when initially she said shed just hold one night...wasnt a big deal but its just not professional given it’s a rather reputable hotel rather difficult to get a taxi at times...given such central location...theres constantly bad traffic therefore drivers seem to always avoid this area...yet at the same time the hotel is quite a walk to the subway

the rooms are clean and nice...the guys helping out with the taxis are very helpful and nice

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants Western comfort in Thailand..everything is within reach from this hotel, too..staff were friendly and breakfast menu was amazing..

Awesome stay despite initial inconvenience!

We were initially provided with a room that was not thoroughly cleaned. Nonetheless, they did an awesome service recovery after.

Central location. Very good breakfast. Comfortable beds and bath. Staff were friendly and helpful.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in Bangkok

Absolutely nothing

Located around 400m away from the airport MRT, opposite Platinum Mall and Novotel, superbly clean, very comfortable room and excellent breakfast especially with Halal menus. Huge restaurant that gave convenience to select a wide range of food suited to most visitors. It is obvious that they take pride of their hotel and services to which I can vouch for it. On top of that they have an excellent gym facility, swimming pool and bar all located in 8th floor. The gym is very comprehensive and any regular gym goers will love this place. I spoke to Guest Services to enquire about late check outs and they said they have full house (which is highly possible) so I can leave my bags and even use the shower room facilities on 8th floor to refresh without any additional charges. For tour and shopping it is really ideal place as it’s surrounded by malls and shops selling in wholesale prices. Electronic Mall is also nearby. Walk about 200m and you reach the river boat way to travel around Bangkok. It’s 9am to 6pm daily with 6 major stop points that you can hop-on hop-off with a full day pass of only TB200 ! Download online map from bangkokcanal.com for your travel plans.

The best thing about this hotel is LOCATION.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Hotel room was bit old school gives you the feeling of 90’s.

The best thing about this hotel is LOCATION.It’s just centrally located next to all shopping malls and night market.Our room was clean and spacious with great view of city.Morning buffet was too good to explain with multiple food options.Did I mention they have cafe style espresso coffee MADE TO ORDER and deliver straight to your table.

Our stay were very good, we are very happy with their services. Location is very good.

We didn't like the step in the bathroom, all the other amenities were good.

Check in and check out were very quick and smooth. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good, there were varieties of options.

Enjoyable stay with hotel, will consider Amari Watergate if visit again.
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

Traffic Jam was kinda of bad

Bed and pillow were comfy. Cleaniness is tip top. I was upgraded to Executive room as my booking of grand deluxe twin were unavailable. Was a service added bonus. Near neon night market and platinum mall is right opposite.

Fantastic hotel would highly recommend
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Relaxing in lounge WiFi not very good as already have logged details for room think this need looked into so the paying customers have WiFi through building

The location the reception lounge

Great location, good breakfast, helpfull staff, hotel insist...

First room i had stayed was one bed with two separate so it was uncomfortable. Then i told with recepcion and they solved my problem and gave one king size bed room and it was comfartable. Rooms are a bit noisy especially rooms near the elevators.

Great location, good breakfast, helpfull staff, hotel insist on taxis to open taxi meter who takes in front of the hotel is really advantage for Bangkok.

Fair
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I expected more from a five star hotel and the blanket was dirty and covered with blood which was replaced later, the rooms smelled like it was painted post arrival when we asked them why they came with an air refreshener.

The location thats it

Close to perfect
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing really, but my phone was stolen not far from the hotel itself, so be careful out there :(

Hotel and pool is awesome. Waitress and consierge also very well. Would stay again! WiFi and room was really nice and the view over Bangkok is a dream :)

Great location, worth value the money

The carpet smells a little bit outside the hallway probably they use carpet cleaner after the songkran festival. Other than that, the hotel is great

Big rooms, close to platinum mall, king bed was BIG. You can sleep 3 adults for king. Room was 33 m2 which is very very big compared to other hotels and definitely good value!

Very relaxing and comfortable room in a beautiful hotel.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Quite pricy food and drinks within the hotel.

Fantastic staff, very comfortable room and great bed. Pool and sports area were outstanding. Great location, close to the airport skytrain and near the best shopping areas and tourists spots.

The Amari Watergate is the best hotel in this location
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

There has been a major refurbishment of the hotel since the last time we stayed. The lobby area has improved significantly and the upgrade to the main restaurant for breakfast, lunches and dinner is outstanding

Good ! Enjoy !
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

My towel did not place in time after cleaning of room everyday.

The staff are so attentive and friendly. Especially - Fadel,Toon, Dome and Patty. Thank you.

The location was great, they had halal food, the breakfast...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

The room wasn’t big enough for a deluxe king size room, they didn’t make the room or clean the room for the evening even after requesting they came and just kept some towels in the bathroom and whent which I found it really hard because I like a clean/made room to sleep in. We have small children where they were making a mess. Where every other hotels I have stayed I never faced such a situation, it was not only just our room but I never saw a cleaning trolley in the corridor after noon!

The location was great, they had halal food, the breakfast was superb lots of options but the Indian corner could get better,

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, nice room, serves Halal food which is extra ordinary

Many Tuk Tuk scammers waiting outside the hotel

Room is big, very comfortable, clean and I like the smell of the hotel as you enter the lobby. So refreshing. All staff are helpful. Restaurant serves great breakfast and especially good because they label the food as Halal. This is excellent for Muslim tourists.

The city view was amazing, especially when night fell and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The breakfast was the only disappointment during our whole stay. The spread was great, but the quality of food was really poor. The meats were cold, the hummus was sour (as if it had turned bad), and the other choices were mostly misses as well. Would advice fellow travellers to avoid the breakfast as there are many other tasty food options within walking distance and at a fraction of the price.

The city view was amazing, especially when night fell and the lights were off - it was a romantic view to fall asleep to. The rooms were also spacious and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the privacy of the rooms, as well as the cleanliness and spaciousness of the entire compound. The location was fantastic as well, strategically situated opposite Platinum mall and a short walk to Talad Neon, Big C, Palladium Mall and Chit Lom BTS station, we couldn't have asked for better. Thank you Amari!

Bangkok is a place that I will visit easily but this won't be the hotel I will be staying again.
    • Executive King Room

Firstly, I thought the hotel could be alittle more attentive to details. I don't need it (to point 1) but certainly will help me feeling better. 1) I checked in on my birthday itself. No compliments of anything. 2) I asked for a different payment method (2 weeks prior to check-in) but I was told that the room has been paid using my card - which I didn't want to. 3) My initial room was at 3403 - the room lamp wasn't working. Room was with mozzies (surprised me!) One of the phone isn't working - I have to make the call in the toilet instead. I asked to have the room changed - I was asked for the reason (is it necessary should I tell you I am just not comfortable with it?) 4) Executive room has no complimentary mini-bar - I have stayed in executive rooms in other hotels, so far only Amari Watergate doesn't offer that.

other than the surroundings, nothing much from the hotel itself impressed me.

Overall way up to expected, may request from hotel changing bedding if you are a sensitive person.

During check in the staff state bath towel will be serve soon, waited for almost 2hr yet to delivery called 2 times before bath towel was serve.

Convenient places to stay, easy to travel, many malls like fashion mall, big C, central world and etc are all walking distances.

BEST HOTEL IN BANGKOK!!!!

Amari watergate was the perfect hotel for us. location was ideal, had so many shops and food places near by. The hotel had a welcoming feel to it, the minute you enter the property. Our rooms were located on the 27th floor, which meant we had a BREATHTAKING view of Bangkok. The rooms were perfect, could not fault them at all. We had two connecting rooms which felt as if we had a big suite. The breakfast has to be the highlight of the hotel. Everyday you can have something different as they have 5 different areas to choice from.

Always feel well rested here.

Even though I’ve stayed here numerous times, they would only extend my late check-out for only an hour☹️

Clean and well apointed room, courteous staff, good location.

It's overpriced.

I almost face first into the sink straightaway as I walked into the bathroom because of the 8 Inch drop! WTF?! Also in order to flush , one must hold down the flush lever for a good 20 seconds in order for your hot mess to be gone.

Location is good.

Great service including the Valet parking service which make...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Great service including the Valet parking service which make my stay very enjoyable. The comfort in room is excellent coupled with a spectacular city view.

You wont be regret choosing this hotel
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

From hygiene to comfort and to the friendlyness of stuff. I love everything about this hotel. The buffet breakfast is amazing, so many varieties of choice. Plus the location is great too.

Perfect

No like elevator button not nice, also lift button no write any hotel inside informatins, forexample spa&siwwiming pool which floor as..

Lobby perfect, like it to much.Room and hotel very clean.Tks for servis.

I NO BACK AGAIN
    • Deluxe Twin Room

VERY BAD FEELING WE GET ROOM CLOSE TO THE FIRE EXIT VERY VERY NOISE ABOUT STAFF IN MORNING TIME ITS NO LOOK LIKE 5 STARS HOTEL

I’m traveling with family with a 2 years old toddler.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

I’m traveling with family with a 2 years old toddler. What I liked the most are room n bathroom are spacious! Bed was comfy, concierge staff and lobby staffs all were friendly and helpful! Especially one of the guest relation (forgot to asked her name) were doing her great job that exceed my expectation! She is really helpful and attentive where she helped us to booked taxi and gave us all solutions whenever we need her help! Truly appreciate! Must try breakfast buffet coz is SUPERB with variety of food that we always looking forward every morning! Definitely will come back to this hotel for the Great Location, Helpful Staffs, n is Value for Money!

If not for the poor housekeeping, everything seems alright
    • Deluxe Twin Room

This time when I check in, the room is not ready, toilet not clean , all towels missing, TV remote not working, toilet rolls not replenished

I like the location

A comfortable stay with a great location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Towels were not available when I got there, they provided much later in the evening. They say they cater for halal food but they don’t have a halal menu, felt sketchy for me so I ate out. Wash basin didn’t drain out well, the stopper was faulty. It was an unpleasant walkway to the street as some people found this walkway a good place to throw up after some heavy drinking.

A comfortable stay with a great location. Friendly staff and helpful. Check in and out was a breeze.

excellent breakfast buffet (although still too pricey), very...

rooms a bit outdated but everything works fine

excellent breakfast buffet (although still too pricey), very friendly staff, excellent gym, very clean spa area

I liked everything about the property, breakfast was not...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

I liked everything about the property, breakfast was not excellent but was good. Rest 100 Marks for location , comfort , staff courtesy , cleanliness. Highly recommended for family and shopping lovers

Disapointing
    • Executive King Room

I booked the executive king room, which was good. I was disappointed from the service, which was slow and not efficient. For instance, it took almost 2 hours until they brought my luggage to the room. I asked for light blanket, simple request for a 5 starts hotel but after a lot of time of waiting, I needed to get down to the lobby to ask again but then they mentioned that they have only one type of blankets... The business lounge was so noisy, we could't focus on work and the food provided was disappointing and this is an understatement.

The rooms were spacious and breakfast was good.

For the price paid I consider it is much overcharged this time.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

This is NOT the first time I check in at Amari Watergate. I don't have complaints in the past. The bathroom finishes really disappointed me, it seems like renovation work has just completed and requires deep cleaning especially the tiles joints has to be tidy up. WC lighting is dimmed and small. The bed was too soft and the pillows are equally soft and failed to support my neck. Orientation of room is the worst of all. The TV is facing no where and the cabinet where the tv sits is much taller than the normal height. You watch TV at an angle of between 30 - 40deg either from the couch or laying on the bed. The room furniture layout is totally a joke.

The breakfast spreads still remains of high standard and exceeded 5 star rating.

Well located hotel with unbelievable breakfast buffet and nice pool,fitness area,steam bath and spa
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Rooms are modern and good size,clean. Staff despite size of hotel taking care of request-i had twice with room card and once with internet-unpleasant but sortet out quickly. Good connection also to public transport, various restaurants are nearby with fast food chains opened 24h,also some 7-11 stores.if you are shopping queen place to be as in near you have 3-4 malls ,some nightmarkets(smaller ones).siam paragon,central world mall just some 10min away.sufficient tuktuk /taxi available without issues

great stay!!

had issues with room key in lift and room, it worked after 1-2 trials

Cool welcome drink and cold towel upon arrival, room at 30th floor had amazing view specially at night, big room with extra big double bed,comfortable bed. huge breakfast spread, smooth check in and check out. staff was helpful with keeping our luggage before check in and after check out so that we can spend time exploring nearby areas without having to carry our bags all the time. Night market, shopping malls at walking distance.

It was overall v good

Room made up next day

It was simply awesome except when I left room first morning I found later on it was made up very average which gave me unpleasant feeling

Great location. Near shopping and also street shops galore. Street outside very busy but no problem

Rooms are little bit dated but very clean and service excellent.

The breakfast buffet was the best I have ever had. Great selection. Food very fresh and great quality. Many people in the restaurant very friendly and took time to talk and give advice and direction in city. I would go back just for the food

Location was good and facilities too.I’ll definitely stay at amari watergate when I visit Bangkok ag

The lift was slow during peak period and the breakfast was the same throughout my stay.Hooe can see some changes for the breakfast.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Great hotel in perfect location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

An excellent hotel, in a great location and the staff team are incredibly helpful. I would highly recommend. This was my second stay.

Very welcoming at ground floor reception and executive lounge, housekeeping were efficient.
    • Executive King Room

Air conditioning in 3232 was not working and the engineer tried to say it was, we eventually moved rooms but feel he shouldn’t have questioned us in the first place!

The staff were courteous and friendly but surprisingly there were a couple of not so friendly team in the executive lounge.

Good value in central location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Pool was in shade and quite cold most of the day. Not enough lounges by the pool in sunny positions.

Great location near malls. Breakfast was excellent. Helpful staff.

Very good.

Our stay was short, but all is good.

The room was spacious, but there were three of us, they added an extra bed situated in an inconvenient position by the front door & bathroom door.it could had been better if they’ve positioned the bed inside the room.

Not up to the standards of a 5 star.
    • Grand Deluxe Twin Room

Far too long a wait to check in for 5 star. Very poor use of the Booking.com features. Furniture old and scuffed. Very poor housekeeping, no towels left on second day. Both housekeeping and reception not answering their phones. Had to search out housekeeping staff.

Comfy beds. Quite at nights.

Browse Amari Watergate Bangkok traveller photo gallery