Reviews of Aonang Paradise Resort Krabi 3 stars

25/18 Moo 2 Aonang Muang, Krabi, 81180 Ao Nang Beach, Thailand

#109 of 176 hotels in Ao Nang Beach

Great hotel with great staff
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Sometimes the WiFi stopped working but was quickly remedied. Sometimes a bit noisy with construction work but it was minimal and should be expected when staying at rapidly growing areas in Thailand. Great place to stay

Staff were amazing. Really great place to stay. The lady that checked me in was excellent - I hope she will be the manager one day. I didn’t get her name but I wish I had. Location was about a five minute walk to the beach and the sunset.

Nice location to everything and quiet at night.
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

A few more bugs around the hotel, but this is likely because of it's location, being back off the road a little. Beautiful plants and scenery though.

Nice location to everything and quiet at night.

Lovely place but they keep confined animals

They kept confined animals in the hotel which is completely unnecessary, in fact it is something many travellers find very unpleasant. I counted 2 big parrots and 8 carp fish. Watching the fish was really heartbreaking. They were very big and had been swimming in a tiny pond with absolutely no enrichment at the entrance of the hotel for over 2 years. Not entirely sure what can be done for them but I would encourage the hotel to not keep any further animals. Maybe they could find a bigger and better enriched spot for them in the garden? Staff were lovely but keeping confined animals doesn’t say much about hotel owners.

Good value for money. Place Was well decorated and was comfortable and clean. Looked like a recent build.

Perfect

The sunchairs and umbrellas at the pool are not movable. So there is not always shade.

I just loved my stay there. It was very quiet but really close to everything (restaurants, bars, beach). My room was in a nice garden and big enough for a few days. The bed was huge! The pool has a nice view. Aonang beach is a perfect place for booking and starting trips from. The staff was always really friendly!

Dirty pool & rock hard beds & poor air conditioning!

The pool was dirty & we actually cleaned the filter ourselves - the pool pictures are very misleading too & the sun is blocked from 2pm onwards due to a large hotel next door. The beds were rock hard & the curtains needed to be washed as there was black dirty marks on them. The air con didn't work very well. The hotel charges way more for boats to Phi Phi/ other islands, we ended up cancelling what we had booked as everywhere else sold it for 300BHT cheaper & the market tour was double the price everyone else was charging. I asked why they charged so much more & they didn't have an answer, but it's a business I guess.... I would just suggest being wary.

The breakfast buffet is good with a variety of western & Thai food. I liked that the beach towels are free to rent & the staff were friendly.

We definately reccomend!

Staff was very friendly - always ready to help. Small houses are hidden in a small "jungle". You almoust don't feel, that You are 50 meters from busy Ao Nang main street. Pool was nice with great view to mountains. Small restaurant was located close to pool - good place to have late breakfest or small lunch. WiFi connection was good. Transportatin was always organized ontime (to and from airport, to temple etc). We definately reccomend!

Lovely relaxing stay

Only 2 small details that weren't a big problem- the only electric shockets in the room were behind the tv on the other side of the room from the bed and the sunbeds by the pool were stuck to the floor which meant often none of them were being shaded by the umbrellas.

After travelling for 3 weeks this was the perfect place to stay for some relaxation. Lovely location less than 10 minute walk to the beach and overlooked by the mountains. Lots of restaurants around the hotel and nice food in the hotels restaurants. The pool, although a little small, was never very busy which made this a nice place to spend a few hours and cool off in the water. This was a good place to base yourself for day trips to different islands. All the staff were really friendly and our room was cleaned daily to a good standard. We would stay here again.

good location

The resort itself it's nice but strict with many rules ,almost felt like being in a camp rather than a resort. Also our room was probably the worst,exactly at the entrance ,windows facing the alley that connected to everything.

good location

Always keep your valuables in the safe
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

It's my personal opinion that the cleaner stole my copper bracelet I 100% left it by my bed I then went out and asked at reception for them to change bed sheets when i came back it was missing from where I left it. I won't be stopping here again next time because of this it may have only been a copper bracelet but it was very valuable to me for sentimental reasons the hotel staff looked around my room and then tried saying it was my friends who had taken it this wasn't the case unless someone else went into my room without my knowledge I think the cleaner thought it might be valuable and stole it

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Wonderful relaxing stay.
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

Bathroom lighting needs improvement. Switch to LED lighting and add more. Bathroom ventilation needs improvement, greater air flow (but keep the fan noise low). Need more clothes hooks and towel bars in the bathroom. Also a few hooks near the front entrance for rain coats and umbrellas would be nice.

Room layout was great. Lots of space for luggage with drawers and a closet. View from the room was excellent. Central location but away from all the noise from the main road. Fantastic view from the the front porch and entrance to the room. Big front porch to relax and chill.

Excellent support for local and island tour packages and...

Only one electrical socket in my room. Charging all devices overnight was a challenge

Excellent support for local and island tour packages and guidance on timings etc. female staff was very comforting for family type guests. Safe swimming pool for non swimmers.

Excellent location with the best Indian restaurant and...

Bed was a little too hard for my liking

Excellent location with the best Indian restaurant and German restaurant right at the entrance, and the cheapest way of getting to Patong offered at THB350

Different, never again

The many steps in / out of reception, having to pay both ways for transfer when I understood it was return. very little choice for a very expensive breakfast, in house drinks too expensive

Swimming pool and the view of the mountain.

Bed almost painful to sleep on

Least comfortable bed you will find in Thailand. For the money I expected to be somewhat comfortable. Mattress needs to be replaced, and not with the $30 mattress they started with.

Good location for walkers.

Good location but smack in the touristy hub, very handy for food, 10 mins walk to beach. Beautiful blue and gold McCaw bird on site. Breakfast buffet standard fare but nothing special. Well maintained but pool too shallow. Fine for the price.

Clean and affordable resort

Loud staff, ants in the bathroom, old shower facilities and only three TV channels that work

Clean and affordable resort, swimming pool, vegetables and pancakes on breakfast and comfy bed

Good location and friendly staff
    • Grand Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast spread is too little. Not appetising at all. Not fresh. Room is very smelly. Got to buy a diffuser

Smooth check in/out. Helpful and friendly staff.

Recommended!

The Resorts' laundry only available from 9am-6pm. And they only can send your clean clothes on the day after (Evening). They charge 50 Baht/Kg No self-service laundry available surrounding the resort.

The staffs were very friendly and helpful.We got a Superior room with big toilet. Perfect place to stay in Krabi, as it's located at the center of Ao Nang town. Very easy to get Halal food.

Great place to stay!

Very nice comfortable rooms. Nicely decorated. Relaxing swimming pool with nice view. Close to restaurants and shops. About 10 min walk to the beach. Taxi shuttle, laundry etc is taken care of excellently by the staff. Best staff we had this trip!! They were so helpful!

Lovely stay, left on a sour note by reception staff.
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

Rooms were only serviced one of the 3 nights of our stay. When leaving and trying to settle our bill, we were accused by reception of STEALING a hairdryer and 2 pairs of slippers, neither of which we had used in our time at the villa. After 15minutes of arguing our point, it eventuates that the cleaning staff had simply not looked hard enough and they were there all along? Terrible way to finish what was otherwise a lovely stay? Staff need speaking to.

The villa was amazing and more than sufficient for our group. Rooms were large, clean and well appointed. Area was quiet and it had its own rear access to the property. Pool was great and cafe staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Free shuttle service
    • Family Room

Shuttle service is only to Ao Nang beach. Maybe should extend to other places outside Ao nang beach where there are places of interests..

Free shuttle service

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Highly recommended
    • Deluxe Premium Double Room

Shame about the building site next door, noise ruined ambience of the pool area. Cleaners didn't top up tea bags / mini bar despite being there for 3 days, had to ask for tea bags to be delivered. Ordered room service and the plates were left outside the room by a cleaner (and not taken away???) all day attracting bugs so I had to move them away.

Pool area, rooms were stunning, staff are 10/10 and very helpful. Good English. Location was perfect. The views around the resort were like something out of a movie - beautiful!!! Bed huge and comfy! Would recommend - and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

super friendly

an extra curtain over frosted pane

super helpful staff. There were no taxis for an urgent run to the airport, so they got a member of staff to run me.. Bungalow set-up also means a little better insulation from noise.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great 3D2N
    • Deluxe Double Room

There's ants in the room but probably due to weather (raining) but it did not bother us that much. Housekeeping somehow did not replace new bath foam and shampoo.

Staff was very attentive and helpful spefically Non. Large deluxe room, comfortable bed. Convenient location, about 10 mins walk to the beach. Halal food everywhere for Muslim travellers.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Location and staff is good
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

The facilities Is limited. Tableware seem like never been use for quite long and is not clean. Bathtub is not working. Room is too dark and abit far from the lobby. Walk way have no light at all in the night it's kinda scary.

The staff at the reception is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Clean and quiet place to spend a weekend

My flight arrive at 5 am, and I informed hotel reservation manager I will have early check in. The manager didn't subject any statements during the pre communication via email. When I arrive the hotel around 6am, there's a young man stand at reception , after I show him my booking , he brought us drinks and told me wait for mins then he left. After 30 mins, nobody come to us, and I saw a girl was cleaning the reception desk, I went to ask if our room is ready, I had to join my dive at 7. She told me , sorry Mann, you will check in at 10, we don't have room for you. So in 30 mins she saw us sit like 2 meters away from the reception didn't come to tell a word till I ask. Well, then I showed my conversation email with the reservation manager to her, she called for 10 mins and back to me with a paper. The paper is an email but she foldered the "sender" and "receiver" part and highlighted there is one clause which is only when there's room available , hotel can arrange early check in. I showered the receptionist all my email folder, I never received such email and I don't need to lie for this. Then she said " ok, I will upgrade you from superior to deluxe room". And she told me she would be fined for this upgrade. But apparently it's not her fault, I suggested if you want I can write email to your hotel manager but she refused as its not gonna work . The funniest part is when I told her you should told me in advance if early check in is not possible as I have emphasized my early arrival time. Her answer is "even if we told you in email what can you do?" Well, I suppose I can negotiate with other hotels??? Honestly, I'm not clear about the hotel rules here at all , if it's not the receptionist's mistake why should her take the compensation ? And I also suggested we can change room when your room is available, she refused again. This is the story , otherwise I enjoyed the days staying here

The location is good , just some mins walk can reach the AO NANG beach . Most of staffs are kind and sophisticated. Fairly room is clean.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Very good value for money

Poor sound proofing of the bungalow, you have to hope your neighbours are as discreet and polite as you are. Facilities are nothing exceptional, the pool is nice and clean but really small, same for the fitness room. Yet overall the resort is not really big, I think they have less than 15 bungalows, so it's fine.

They have a very good staff, with excellent customer care, very polite and cheerful. Very good cleaning also. The breakfast is a bit expensive for its full price (300 thb at this time), but if you are voracious in the morning (it is a buffet) it can be a good value, as it's very good quality and various. The bungalow is basic but well furnished. The area is peaceful, just a 5-10 min walk to the beach and plenty of shops around the resort and along in the road. The Thai garden-style of the resort is really nice, and on the back there is a splendid view of the mount of Railey diving into the sea.

Clean, comfortable modern room . Great value... most would think I paid higher

Nice modern and comfortable room. Helpful staff Convenient location

Amazing stay, helpful staff
    • Family Room

The receptionist staff at night was awesome

Aooo nang

Storage space is poor and no shelves

Great plunge pool central location

Excellent location with friendly staff at a great price.

Poor wifi, pool very warm.

Location great, nice rooms, clean and quiet.

A little away from the sea but amongst greenery

A provision for a fan would have been more useful

Set amongst green surroundings it was a very good experience

Room very dated

Room very dated

Good breakfast.

Perfect choice for some days at the beach!

Staff very nice, great rooms, very clean. Really close to the beach. Amazing breakfast!

Nice little hotel, large rooms, very quiet, beautiful pool...

Poor Wifi, breakfast soso

Nice little hotel, large rooms, very quiet, beautiful pool to relax and eat/drink, staff very friendly

great stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

great view

Enjoyable and staff is very helpful

Coffee

Room very big n spacious for big families.
    • Family Room

Swimming pool is very lousy.

Room very big n spacious for big families.

service is very good

The room has a lot of big ants and needs improvement...

service is very good

It was dirty and the door wouldn't shut properly.

It was dirty and the door wouldn't shut properly.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The general manager is a very nice and helpful prrson
    • Three-Bedroom Villa

The housekeeping staff is pathetic.

The general manager is a very nice and helpful prrson

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

WIFI was terrible here.

WIFI was terrible here. It kept going in and out.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

wifi in the room is bad

wifi in the room is bad

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Close proximity to all places

rooms are not big for the price

Close proximity to all places

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

The staff is really nice and helpful.

there are ants all over the place but is due to all the trees and plants. Breackfast was too simple when the hotel is not full.

The staff is really nice and helpful. Pool is nice to chill. Breakfast buffe is nice but only when hotel is full.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

Good breakfast.

Air con could have been better, not it took a long time to cool the room down. Weird smell at the bathroom Banana flies in our room

Good breakfast. The air con wasn't working very well in our room, and the bathroom had a weird smell. Otherwise the room was ok. Staff was very helpful and nice, they obviously wanted to make our stay a good one. It was amazing how quiet and peaceful it was at the resort considering it was close to the main road.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Room-upgraded to a bigger room because the existing room air...

The door quite dangerous for children. Not flexible to use.

Room-upgraded to a bigger room because the existing room air con is not working well. Bed- comfort Environment- Garden - relaxing and good Breakfast- I had enough of the choices.But limitation on eggs. Cannot order more. Receptions and staffs- good,helpful,honest- (left the mobile phone in the previous room, the reception lady returned it back to us.) TQ Location- Walking about 10 mins to beach. Food- come out from the hotel - various of restaurants to choose. Starbucks,McDonalds- all nearby. Swimming area - nice and can get good rest. Trees around the area.Windy.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

The resort is clean and well kept.

The bathroom had a constant stench which smelled like sewage. Privacy at the Grand Deluxe room could have been a little more enclosed as the windows were facing the common pool area. Also had a bad experience with the airport transfer after checking out. But the hospitality and good communication from the staff made the difference.

The resort is clean and well kept. Staff were friendly and spoke good english, hence making checking in and out a breeze. The amenities and accessories in the hotels were well thought out. They provided beach towels, mats and even flip flops.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2016

If you like shopping the location is excellent, also the...

-A lot of noise from nearby bar after 10 p.m. (at least if your room is near the main road). Hotel should offer ear plugs -The Fitness center was a bit poor, treadmill was out of order, there was a bench and four dumbbells, although since the Fitness center is so small, there is not that much more room for extra gear. -The pool water has quite a lot of leaves etc. -Ants all over the place

If you like shopping the location is excellent, also the beach is not that far (5 min walk). -We loved the ambiance, with all the trees and the nice view from the pool to the cliff. --The pool is not very big, but it's decent anyways. -Helpful staff -Very good new years eve dinner!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

We loved everything about this hotel.

We loved everything about this hotel... It was clean modern and quite large. The pool and bar area were really nice too. The hotel is a 10min walk from the beach but there are many restaurants along the way. The staff were very helpful and organised a motorbike for us. Breakfast was not to our western tastes but did the job. Although we were there for new year and the beach was kaos, once inside our complex, you could not hear any outside sound at all. Its a very relaxing peaceful hotel and i would recommend it to couples and families.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

I can't really fault anything at this resort.

Silly thin glass in the doors ;-)

I can't really fault anything at this resort. Facilities were good and the location is great for the beach and the hustle and bustle of the local area. The staff were excellent, I had an incident where I managed to break a window By knocking to hard! The staff could not be more helpful, more concerned about my injury than the window. (So advice is don't knock hard on the doors)

• Reviewed: 13 November 2015

Staff was very kind and always helpful

Weird smell in the room due to sewer issue in the bathroom / also the AC in the bedroom didn't work too well. It went from one extreme to the next (fluctuating temperature).

Staff was very kind and always helpful

• Reviewed: 24 July 2015

The staff was very helpful and friendly!

Due to heavy rain, the electricity felt off in the hotel and the whole street for about two hours. A lot of noise in the morning and during the day, they're building a new hotel next to Paradise Resort...

The staff was very helpful and friendly!! Always welcoming with a smile. Excursions and trips via the hotel are well-organized. Comfortable rooms, very clean and modern. Nearby the beach, restaurants and shopping Nice swimming pool with bar where you can eat or drink

• Reviewed: 13 July 2015

Amazing and attentive staff - worth 10 without any doubt, a...

The only problem is not directly connected to the management of the hotel - at the moment there is construction work going in the neighborhood of the hotel with all its disadvantages, but it's obvious that it's temporary.

Amazing and attentive staff - worth 10 without any doubt, a good location - right on the main street, but in the backyard, so tucked away from the noise of the street. Very clean rooms. Green surroundings - well-kept and taken care of. A walking distance from the beach. Close to the places of entertainment and eating out - no need for public transport. All in all, a leader among three-star hotels in Aonang.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2015

Location , Room , Staff , Services .

Breakfast selection .. that's all.

Location , Room , Staff , Services .. The staff can help us to make any booking on the tour and bike rental. And the service was very efficient.. The room was very big and comfortable.. everything was great!

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

Everything was perfect except the ants and mosquitoes!

Ants and mosquitoes are everywhere. That is actually the drawback of being in a bungalow like place surrounded by lots of trees and greens. Not sure if the staff can do anything about it or not. The rooms are relatively clean but try not to keep or throw any sweets anywhere in the room or it'll immediately flooded by ants. Keep your repellent on all the time!

Everything was perfect except the ants and mosquitoes! A tranquil and peaceful property with all the facilities included (swimming pool, restaurant, bar, etc) and lots of restaurants outside. If you're looking for a laid-back and relaxing trip, this hotel is for you. Btw, this is not a cheap hotel. Book as early as possible to get the cheapest rate.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2015

The hotel is at a great location with friendly staffs.

However, there was pee smell by the phone table next to the bed. Despite informing the hotel staffs 2 days in a row, the smell persist and they only spray the room with perfume.

The hotel is at a great location with friendly staffs. The hotel is beautiful and clean.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2015

It was the best stay our of my 3 different night stay at...

It was the best stay our of my 3 different night stay at different places. It was very clean, tidy, well maintained, helpful and efficient service from staffs. Staffs helped get motorcycle rented, airport transfer with good condition van for only 600 baht and even universal port plug(with only deposit of 100 bath which is refundable upon return). Very well managed and it is highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Very nice design

A very very hard madras! The tiled floor would been softer, impossible to sleep. The room have a desk, but no chair, not so fun to stand, using the laptop[

Very nice design Good location Nice staff

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

View from pool And bar area

They did not have our booking when we arrived even though I had a confirmation e-mail. They told us they could not give us a Room. Eventually they did. Construction starting behind hotel.

View from pool And bar area

• Reviewed: 13 April 2015

Gorgeous room, with amazing view.

Gorgeous room, with amazing view. Celebrating anniversary, so the hotel gave us a celebratory cake. This was a very personal touch and very kind gesture.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2015

I have really enjoyed my stay, however I think the hotels in...

I have really enjoyed my stay, however I think the hotels in Aonang are overated comparing with the facilities and quality they have to offer. The breakfast was great and the location was also good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Lovely setting and quiet considering the downtown Aonang...

Wasn't told of construction before I arrived A little pricey for the size of the room.

Lovely setting and quiet considering the downtown Aonang location. Construction going on behind pool was a bit annoying but not too bad Very helpful and friendly staff. A little pricey.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2015

It is near to everything you need.

The price that I got was way too steep for the room that was given to me. Deluxe. Maybe due to the peak period.

It is near to everything you need. You don't even need to rent a bike throughout the stay.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2015

If you want to look for a hotel that hv tolerence to stay...

If you want to look for a hotel that hv tolerence to stay extra 1-2 ppl when you booked a big villa , sorry but not for this hotel .We booked a villa for 6pax with USD1552 (rm5400) for 3 nights , and 1 deluxe for 2pax ard USD300 .We hv 10 pax , thought they will hv tolerance but at last we hv to pay extra bed for 2pax without giving us extra bed and is excluded breakfast .Due to our friend who stayed in deluxe room not going to take thier breakfast in hotel , the next day 8 of us from villa went for the hotel breakfast which 2 is to replace the deluxe room pax .The hotel staff stop 2 of us and questioned since villa room only entitle breakfasts for 6pax , we explained the situation however the hotel staff INSISTED us to sign the billing where we refused to sign ! The staffs hv failed to communications among themselves that they stopped us to question things that we already settled with their manager , I personally felt very offended !! Thier housekeepers SHORT OF REPLACE a small towel to the villa and the staff questioned us again on the `lost` small towel during check out while we are rushing to airport .We hv enjoyed our trip so much but except this accommodation .This is my second times visit krabi ,last time was staying in Phra Nang inn hotel that I hv very satisfied with their service.However this time im visited as group thought to book a villa that can stay together ,end up with this hotel .The hotel breakfast is lousy that we never take again after the 1st morning.The hotel is totally failed as they take care so much of their policy rather than their customer`s feeling .I rather said this hotel is very fussy to thier customer that we get offended everyday(I swear is everyday).We doesn't get what we paid , the hotel policy make me and my friends felt like we r staying in a hostel.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

Staff friendly and very helpful

Paradise! I don't think so. Concrete base of bed stood proud of mattress and had sharp dangerous edges. No cupboards or shelves for clothes. Curtains had to remain drawn as anyone passing could see in. Private patio was an area outside your door with seating made again of concrete with wooden slats which you shared with the ants. Pool so small and only 1.5 metres deep. Having travelled from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin, Koh Samui and finally Aonang this was the most expensive and most uncomfortable of all our accommodation. Would not stay here again.

Staff friendly and very helpful

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

Hotel crew is smilling and very helpfull.

Swiming pool is bit small

Hotel crew is smilling and very helpfull. Even those who don't speal english understand our expectation and try to help. The view is amazing, the place is quiet, and actually not far from the sea side. Good place to stay

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

Paranomic views of the mountain from bedroom C4.

Nothing negative really. Occasional tap tapping noise from a major development nearby but quiet after hours.

Paranomic views of the mountain from bedroom C4. Modern decor, clean and comfortable. Set in from busy street but close to restaurants, shops. Lovely pool. Beach is 5-10 min walk but mostly we caught a boat to nearby islands for swimming and snorkelling..our kids got the stomach bug and we stayed for 5 nights, nice place to get stuck. Plenty of pharmacies and clinics if you need one. bought dehydration tablets but bring some. Night market at krabi on fri- sun worth visiting. 50 baht pp on local mini taxi, kids love riding on the back of mini trucks. Front desk staff were excellent and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Pool, location, cleanness

Food price

Pool, location, cleanness

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

Good Clean place in a central location.

Pool is too small to really enjoy it.

Good Clean place in a central location.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

the villa is tops

swimming pool is tiny

the villa is tops

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

Great staff

Loosing some points on the breakfast But still ok

Great staff Great design and big bed Quiet Nice pool area

• Reviewed: 14 January 2016

Excellent service and cleanliness

The bed was quite hard, but for the price it was very clean so a small downside really

Excellent service and cleanliness

There are also 24 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Aonang Paradise Resort Krabi traveller photo gallery