Reviews of Aree Tara Resort 4 stars

#141 of 176 hotels in Ao Nang Beach

5.9

Great hotel, great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only thing we didn't like was the noise. Anything that happened in the corridor could be heard from inside the room. The cleaning staff use walkie talkies to contact reception and they were very loud especially very early in the morning.

The hotel was in a great location with great staff. The room we booked was a standard double and was ideal for what we wanted. Room was very clean and very comfortable. They also have a lovely looking swimming pool, unfortunately we didn't get to try it out as it was raining for our whole stay in Krabi.

Almost no bad side
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only the pool was a bit so so, it doesn’t look very very clean or nice enough to go down and play but the rest is very good

Walkable to hot spot like beach, walking street and reataurants. Also beachfront shops. The walk way isn’t dark or scary at all. Very good location and it is closed to one pier we can take a boat trip or go to Railey bay

every thing is good but they dont issue u with the bill.I paid cash but no give bill
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

at the time of check out we asked then for the bill so we can give to our company.but this part is more worse the staff in the front table did not listen to us an ignored us.next time we will not stay in this hotel if u dont give the bill.they say no bill.wen u charge vat and tax from us ur duty is to issues us with the bill.guy an guest watch out u they will cheat u in this way

every thing was perfect n was staying with my son we where on a holiday enjoyed ever moment.

The rooms were clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool was what I would consider as not suitable for use. Not maintained very well compared to other hotels near by. We never tried any food here. We used the spa facilities at a hotel just down the road (2 mins walk) the buri tara, they had a much nicer pool area and when we checked they were also cheaper at £22 per night. We wished we had booked there instead. The rooms were clean at our hotel so wasn't end of the world but definitely wouldn't return here.

The rooms were clean. The reception area was nice.

Bad !!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff not friendly and noisy room like we don't sleep swimming pool cold and dirty!!! Air cond never stop room are cold. I booked and paid 2 days. The second day we moved to an other hotel, we can't stay there anymore.

Locaption

Any centara hotels are pretty good, this one being no...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Little bit off the best & track !!

Any centara hotels are pretty good, this one being no different. Breakfast was good , pool was good & front desk was great !!

Nice hotel in a nice location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Included breakfast wasn’t very good, not the greatest variety. I had one big issue when checking in, but where this was the hotels fault or booking.com I’m not sure, I had stated that I wanted to pay cash upon arrival when booking the hotel but whilst checking in I was told the money had been taken from my account already. I wasn’t very happy as this was the last stop on my travels and had Thai money left over to spend. The receptionist did state she would refund the money back into my account and apologised for the mistake however and therefore tried to rectify the situation.

Room facilities were excellent, nice balcony view on to the pool. Location was good right near the beach, outside was a lovely tour operator where we hired scooters from.

Unpleasant check in process
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I've made a booking for 5 rooms and have been charged for the prepayment 7 days before arrival. However, the staff doesn't allow us to check in and insisted on seeing my credit card instead of the booking confirmation. Not too sure if it's the right practice as this is the first time I'm encountering such issue. Fortunately, someone was home to snapped a picture of my cc for me. Otherwise, we might have to make payment again to get ourselves check into the resort.

The price is really affordable.

Out of the way but close enough to get to everything.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Other customers made the pool area messy and would leave all there food outside over night like noodles that created a bad smell by the pool in the morning

Room was really big and staff always on hand to help

HORRIBLE
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked the hotel through Booking where it has very good reviews. In the early morning I realized they charged already my credit card. Something that never happened before. We arrived at night and we found that the hotel was very old and dirty. First impression was HORRIBLE. We arrived to our room and the same. Towels very old, upper part of the bed was completely dirty, a lot of mosquitoes over the wall... Disgusting. Not to mention to the bad smell of the tap water and hotel in general. About the breakfast - it is disgusting. Yogurt and two different fruits(watermelon and pineapple) HOT. The rest was food that I couldn’t even try. I paid for something that I couldn’t eat. And when we tried to pay with card, only from 1000THB and they charge u 5%. I don’t understand why it is called hotel when actually is like a hostel. If I would know how bad quality of this hotel is, I would never book it.

Nada

Good for the price, very well located, but some compromise to deal with. And good food as well.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The smell of sewers coming up regularly, poorly soundproofed rooms, Wi-Fi was working poorly "try again" I was told. The staff responds to your requests as much as possible, without much enthusiasm, and speak / understand very little English. They looked nicer with the mainland client.

Good location and food, at reasonable price

Was great

Nothing to complain about

Location was great, nite market near bye, Ao Nang 1 way, nopparat thara the other- both very close- it was very close, pool too cold for me, but I like a warm pool, and the kids and my friends all thought it was perfect after a long day in the thai heat

Perfect!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They dont provide iron. Too bad.

Friendly staff. Good location, halal food stall is just 30 steps away! They upgraded our room from superior to deluxe (pool view) free of charge!

not good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was not as it seems on booking.com very poor wifi which rarely worked. The staff had really poor english we tried to book a taxi to the airport which took forever for them to understand what we wanted and then it arrived late also. The pool area never any sun and very pooly setup will most defo not be back thank heavens we done day trips from here so we didnt have to spend much time in the hotel as it was very poor.

All and all the propertly did not felt like a 4 star hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn’t like the cleaness of the room,the fact that we had lizards,bugs and ants. the staff did not spoke a proper english and the air conditional was smelling bad. Also the pool was small and it received little sun duriing the most part of the day. And finally the Wifi was very poor.

We liked the confortable bed and the property location was good.

Nice room close to the beach
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was not really able to speak English and the breakfast was quite expensive (but good).

Aree Tara has a very good and close location to the beach and to the night market. Around the resort there are a lot of delicious and cheap restaurants. The swimming pool is nice but unfortunately it closes quite early.

Location and the bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff (reception especially) they are completely unhelpful. Whatever you ask for they don’t know and advise you to look by yourself. Pool and lobby super dirty

Location and the bed

Comfy bed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

More clear information needed on booking. Page stated “ground floor rooms subject to availability” online but at the resort I was told the rooms were a different rate. We would have happily paid more if we knew this.

Comfy bed. Daily housekeeping

Cheap and clean but warm and 200 Bhat per breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room smelled musty and the fan for the AC was high and pointing towards the window so no air reached the beds or anywhere it could be felt by us; as such, the room was too warm. The staff weren't helpful when it came to help with transportation and although there was a breakfast buffet it cost 200 Bhat; the last place we stayed included breakfast and was cheaper besides. For the quality of the hotel I would expect it to be included.

It was within walking distance of the beach and many restaurants and shops. It was also quite clean. The price was good. There was also a pool which was a lovely bit of luxury.

High tourist center hotels have problems.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was mostly ineffective in a tropical climate. Day 2-no hand towels. Day 3-no soap. Asked about airport transfer and only option was 600B hotel shuttle, though everywhere on street was 150B minivan transfer. At checkout, clerk tried to charge us for a missing glass till I made a fuss. Staff seems to be under strict orders to squeeze tourists and pare costs, like AC. Would not stay here again, would not recommend. Management is tacky, staff was generally pleasant and helpful.

The staff was mostly great.

Very loud A/C and noise of water running through pipes.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very loud A/C and noise of water running through pipes. Breakfast sub par compared to other hotels nearby. There’s tip-boxes everywhere but personell does very little to nothing to actually earn any tips. Not great value for money.

Rude staff, “Ok” hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Found staff to be a bit rude, I asked one morning if I could buy some water from them (6:30 am going on a tour) and I was told house keeping was closed for free water. So I pointed to the fridge at the bar and said I would pay, to which she said go to 7-11. Silly really. Hotel is ok but for an unhealthy price, you can find way better. Really slippery tiles Had to beg for more towels Not really for young people Enjoy Krabi!

Clean, tidy, and nice rooms, just not in line with prices Good cleaners Nice pool Nice location Nice lobby

The location is well suited if you are wanting somewhere to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This property should not be a 4 star. It is overpriced, run down, dirty and the staff are not friendly at all. The swimming pool is tiny and has very little natural light. The bathroom is small and very dark as most of the lights are not working. The shower curtains were stained and vile. There is no point bothering with the WiFi as it is so temperamental. The free breakfast is also less than satisfying the hot food was cold everyday that we stayed.

The location is well suited if you are wanting somewhere to stay which is close to a beach or the town.

The room was very good , spacious.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was nothing bad about the hotel, just loved it :-)

The room was very good , spacious. The breakfast was amazing. The staff is very good & the ground floor rooms attached to Swimming pool are amazing.

Okay place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tv channels. Should include more English-based channels cause most of the tourists are foreigners. Tap water tasted weird, salty like it was being channeled right from the sea to the room. Pool water- too much chlorine I can’t swim more than 30 minutes as it hurts my eyes. Late check out 1hr/300 THB is a bit expensive-should revise the pricing.

Was given pool access room, very nice. Good room temperature, staff was helpful. Food was okay.

Staff and rooms were great
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Due to losing my card in Bangkok I purposely paid upfront for this hotel by putting in my card details, I then needed to eat at the hotel to then charge to the card. When checking out they told me they could not do this

Staff and rooms were great

The location of the hotel was appropriate
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The communication with the staff apart from the one at the reception was difficult aa none knew english but however staff was very friendly and ensured the requirements were met

The location of the hotel was appropriate

The whole hotel enviroment is good .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is one staff name Rainy is rude , when we arrive , we would like to check about the payment due to been promised our payment will be pay on the spot , but been charged earlier ..

The whole hotel enviroment is good .

Lovely hotel. Was a great start to our Thailand trip and best hotel overall we've stayed in here
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The first day we arrived was my girlfriend and I's first in Thailand and so by the time we'd got to the hotel we were both jet lagged and the sun had set so we just wanted to dump our bags, head off to the pool to refresh and get some food close by before an early night. It is still one of the best meals we've had in Thailand and one of my girlfriends first tastes of Thai food. As she has a severe nut allergy it was our first time trying to explain this to someone and the staff were very helpful and understanding of this. Overall it was a very good few nights we spent here and we were both very sad to leave the property and move on somewhere new.

Bed not comfortable at all. Moist at airco.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Maintenance in room not done, could be allot better. (bad in general)

Only thing good was the price and the cool elephant the staff made from a towel, compliments for that.

We only stayed for two nights, however the room was cheap and I think better than most at this price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Dont book the breakfast, you will be disapointed. The pool was cold because of its shaded location.

The room was clean and had a balcony over-looking the pool. Drinking water, coffee and toiletries were all free. All the air-con and hot water shower worked well, the bathroom was clean. Towels were provided for the pool.

I can't use the wi-fi.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I can't use the wi-fi.. a staff already try to help me with a new password and username.. but still, it didn't work.. The location is good., you could buy the tickets to go to some islands at many booths near the hotel.. overalls, the hotel was great.. and the swimming pool is beautiful..

Generally good stay, value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool and pool area could have done with a clean as was all stained green. Bed was quite hard to sleep on, not the worse though.

General hotel was very good with larger bed in our room, pool was a very large size which was good!

Nothing special. For short stay is fine
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed is not too comfortable and it is quite a hassle to get up from bed to the floor since it feels like coming down from stairs. Bed is put upon wooden floor which around knee high.

I only spent a night here and like they have bathtub at the bathroom with the price they offer. Staff upon check-in time was not too friendly. Complete facilities for the price they offer.

like it and love it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

i like every thing about this hotel. this is our 3rd time staying in this hotel this year. definitely will be back next year. they have every thing near to this hotel. like it and love it.

Overall it was a decent place for the price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The AC in our room struggled to keep the room cold. The doors are really loud and the soundproofing in the rooms isn't great so every morning we'd be woken up by people leaving there rooms or clean staff opening and closing doors. The drain in our shower SUCKED and would constantly overflow. Also, the wifi was TERRIBLE, worst we've had yet in Thailand.

Overall it was a decent place for the price. The hotel is around a ten minute walk to the beach and overall had nice, clean, decent sized rooms.

Terrible - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude, unwilling to help and unfriendly with poor communication skills. They spoke little English, but it was enough for us to understand one another. They could do with some proper communication training and also basic hotel training. They didn't seem to have a clue what they were doing. This place is NOT a resort and I wish I'd just paid extra to stay somewhere nicer. You get what you pay for at this budget hotel. Don't get me started on the poor breakfast "buffet".

Great location for travelling to Phi Phi

Meh.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything else, most notibly the staff attitude. The pictures online must be from years ago, as they look modern and clean.

The little balcony was nice.

Really comfortable and enjoyable nights sleep. Great pool to relax after a day out!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

On a couple of occasions other guests were very noisy. The room about basically sounded like they were rearranging the whole room at 11pm to midnight!

The beds were super comfortable! Best in Thailand overall! Pool was lovely and clean.

One of a cheap hotel but totally worth the stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One of a cheap hotel but totally worth the stay! Their staffs are so friendly. Got a surprise when we entered the room since its our anniversary. Totally love the ambience. Peaceful and quite. No complain about our stay. Love it!

The location is good and the rooms and bed is big
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool was dirty, not like the pictures. The safety box was not working and the bathroom was old and need some improvements

The location is good and the rooms and bed is big

So-so stay at Aree Tara Resort
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Gotta improve on the breakfast varieties. Basically nothing to eat except bread. TV channels tends to disrupt occasionally. Need to call their staff. Worst, some of them are unsure how to rectify the issue. Intention of holiday is to chill and relax with a few good channels but kinda disappointed that we hafta call them most of the time.

Arrived at the hotel on Thursday, 27th July 2017 and was been greeted by a staff namely Peach. She is so friendly and has been accomodating to our request positively. Quite near to Ao Nang Beach, about 10 minutes walking distance. Loves the room and the friendly staff. That's all.

The location is great, many restaurants around.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi could be better, it doesn't work sometimes. Breakfast haven't many options they could improve it.

The location is great, many restaurants around. Room is big and good. Great value for money.

Excellent value for money

No negatives

Luxurious! Low season so excellent value for money, great balcony view, comfortable bed, spotless, nice food in the hotel restaurant. Very safe.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was overwhelming smell of sewers in the lobby area and the air in the room was damp and musty due to the old and dingy air conditioning.

The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely furnished.

Would return
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The cleaners are very loud in the corridors in the morning especially with their radio handsets. Bit of a long walk to bars/ restaurants/ beach

Modern clean hotel Super comfortable big beds Pool

Very nice renovated rooms;
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi connection - very bad; Noisy air-condition; Towels are not new (better bring yours own); Location was ok (there is nothing much to do in Krabi itself, so I would recommend to stay on Phi Phi island instead)

Very nice renovated rooms; Balcony with a garden view; Bathtub; Complementary bottles of water daily; Good value for money

Good location, parts let it down
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Strong smell in the lobby and surrounding areas. Room wasn't 'cleaned' very well at all.

Good location between two areas. Easy walking distance to each.

More rooms for improvement
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Too pricy, many mosquitoes in the room, almost the same menu for daily breakfast and staff have difficulties conversing in English.

The swimming pool and location

Easy to walk to Ao nang, plenty of shops and restaurants...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Was constantly being woke by people slamming doors and staff being loud in the hallway as well as kids screaming in the pool early every morning, poor soundproofing.

Easy to walk to Ao nang, plenty of shops and restaurants right outside it.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Terrible.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The aircon in the room was non existing making it impossible to get ready without sweating, sleep or relax. The pool area was nice but was a sun trap making it way to hot and clammy allowing no breeze or air in. The staff were unhelpful and spoke little English. Took ages to get served as well. Spent most time away from hotel.

The area was nice. Great surroundings, bars and restraunts. Bed was big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great value for the money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The free wifi was very poor and cut out very often. After many talks with the staff they acknowledged they know they have poor wifi and offered to move our room to somewhere closer to the lobby wifi which was kind of them. The location is a bit of a walk from the beach but close to the local food stands which are cheap and delicious! The pool doesn't get much sun after noon.

The hotel room and bathroom was beautiful and very clean. Bed was comfortable and free water and coffee were in the room each day. Our balcony was very private and a nice green view. Pool was refreshing and towels provided.

Satisfied
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There's an unpleasant smell in the lobby, we think it's coming from the water feature.

Cheap. Food, massage, convenience store, travel booking booth, etc. nearby.

We'er stay 3 persons but bath and hand towel in room...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We'er stay 3 persons but bath and hand towel in room just have 2 persons and call to staff night shift, staff ignor me, in second day room attendant not set towel for 3 person and we'er found long hair on the floor in the bathroom

The room with the view on the green forest with sounds of it...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the smell in the corridor - of the canalisation, but it's the problem that happens in that zone

The room with the view on the green forest with sounds of it - birds and other animals - was wonderful - nice, peaceful. Staff really helpful, position good.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Clean & Comfy!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Since we just booked to sleep in for the night, can't say much!

A decent property. We chose it as a stopover hotel as we checked in very late and checked out early for phi phi islands so it was exactly what we needed - well priced, clean & comfortable with free wifi!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

A perfect stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Can't think of any thing we did not like

The location of the property was perfect for us, not too far from the beach or the main street of Ao Nang. There were numerous restaurants in easy walking distance. The staff were friendly and we were allowed access to the room well before the official check in time. The room was modern and we had direct access to the swimming pool which was a bonus as we had only booked a standard room. We thought the breakfast was great with plenty of choice. This was our second stay at this hotel and if we visit Ao Nang again it will be our first choice.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Very pleasant place to stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi was poor most of the times

The rooms were amazing, the view was very nice, staff very friendly, nice swimming pool, excellent location, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Clean and Comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The cafe did not provide halal food, however we could find plenty of halal restaurants near the hotel.

The room was huge and the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

the basic things in the room is not there such as tootpaste.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the basic things in the room is not there such as tootpaste.tootbrush. very important things but not there .i am request the quite and privacy room . but the 1st room i get is was noisy and not privacy as well . after i request change room only better living

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good value for the price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool deck could use a daily sweep. Staff was mostly unhappy to be working there, with a few exceptions. Pool was mostly in the shade and so a bit cold for my liking. View from our room was at a wall.

We like the big bathroom and thought the room was a good value for the price. Bed was big and comfortable, check-in was quick. Hotel lobby and room clean and welcoming.

I'd give it 2.5 stars, not 4.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff speaks poor English. Wifi wasn't working for two days out of three and staff wasn't helpful about it. No one helped to bring up the luggage. Staff sat there staring at me as I was carrying my suitcase upstairs. Rooms look a bit worn out for a 4 star hotel. I would not give it more than 2.5 stars. TV wasn't working. Location is OK. I think it's worth max 1200 Bhat per night, not more.

Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great location in the centre of surrounding attractions,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

When l enquired about a travel adapter they had ran out. With the small number of rooms perhaps they could source enough for each room?

Great location in the centre of surrounding attractions, hotel had a small number of rooms but enough facilities to suit a lone traveller.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The pool view.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no plug for a standard charger and so the staff at reception asked we to walk along the street to the nearest 7-11 and get it during midnight instead of handling with better service recovery.After getting the plug, its was so loose to hold it up and we actually felt so bad to keep calling the staff up to the room few times for assistance.When revise the next day they told us they don't have it and also its stated inside the book for every room.There was no comb and toothbrush provided. It would be definitely great to inform and remind guest during check in to avoid further misunderstanding. Thank you.

The pool view. The housekeeping department did a good job. Buffet was nice and the staff from the restaurant was friendly.

Nice location, close to beach and all the places, but on...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms badly need renovation, not a 4-star quality by any stretch. Annoying wi-fi connection. Hotel allows smoking in the rooms, so sometimes you will be inhaling tobacco flavors.

Nice location, close to beach and all the places, but on quiet street.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Filthy rundown hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked for two nights as the hotel looked very good in the photos. When we arrived the reception staff were polite, however the bell boy was very rude. The rooms are run down and filthy! The shower was hanging off the wall and had tissue paper stuffed inside it. The bathroom walls were covered in mould and the toilet had yellow stains over it. The bed itself was ok however the back board looks as if it has never been cleaned........ We stayed for one night and checked out early! To avoid staying in a filthy, rundown hotel i would book elsewhere.

Do not stay here

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Not 4 star!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi was worse than the local tattoo parlour and logged one off during use sometimes. It was incredibly inconsistent too so sending messages was guesswork. Toiletries were very poor for an hotel classed as 4 star!, 2 or 3 star maybe. I have to go back to the wifi. It's NOT acceptable, or am I whinging! Video- forget it. I'm 60 so what young ones would think I don't know.

Staff at breakfast were lovely. Balcony overlooking pool was useful and comfortable. Safe was useful.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Fair
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

air condition in my room (111) wasnt working well, warm in the room breakfast food wasnt replenish until we inform the staff, have to wait for another 15-20 mins for more food unable to connect to wifi in our room

good location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Great Pool Side Room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Warm breakfast selection could have had more variety but more than happy to settle for cereal or scrambled eggs!

Room location - we had a pool side room the balcony had steps that lead straight into the swimming pool. The staff are very friendly hand helpful. Beds are massive and really comfortable

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Disappointment on 2nd day stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Since we took 2 night stay, only on the first day the room was decorated nicely. On second day, the hotel staff just arrange the item in the room. I dont think they have changed the bed cover. There is no soap, soap liquid shampoo given for the second day stay. We requested for the soap and they give us only one small soap. When we requested for more soap, the staff was not happy... showed sour face. Bring your own soap/liquid as there is not enough bubbles from the soap. We were given torn towel on the second day. Everything was moderately in order on the very first day. Second day it was different. We paid for two nights room and we got different stuff. The swimming pool is quite small and too near to the hotel tenant at the ground floor. Very visible to the ground floor tenant. Looks like the pool is for the tenant at the ground floor only. The pool water do not look clean. There were mosquitoes in the room. Only one English TV channel with Thai subtitle and rest are Thai. The photo showns on website and the actual room not the same. The wood step around the bed is quite annoying as we may fall if not careful. We dont know what is the steps for. I think the price is quite expensive where breakfast not included. We requested for top floor but we were given ground floor with Superior room. I think this is to compensate.

The room decorated nicely but not as per shown photo. Less nicer than photos shown. Friendly staff that they are able to explain and recommend Tour packages to us. We reached the hotel early and the staff was kind enough to give us early check in by 2 hours. The hotel provide good English breakfast which comes with fruits, yogurt, croissants, bread, bacon, sausage, noodles, fried rice, salads etc. at 200 baht per pax.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Spacious rooms and friendly staff

Wifi not the best.

Booked for two nights and then decided to stay another two and because we had to move rooms we were upgraded to a pool room. Would definitely recommend this hotel, a short walk to the beach and night life.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Breakfast until 10 a.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast until 10 a.m. But we came 2 x at 9.30 a.m., there was only little bit food, and that was cold already. Cold fried eggs, and not willing to make new ones.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Never again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have been in ao nang for the second time,I wanted to stay in a 4 star hotel, but that was a very bad experience. I had a superior room,located on the ground floor,in the corner of nothing, with balcony watching nowhere.I asked to change my room, I was told, sorry we dont understand, than that they are fully booked,after that they offered me a room with a balcony looking into a wall. So if u want an avarage room, that fits the needs for oversleep and having a cigarette with an avarage view, it is possible that u dont get it.. Not talking about the swimming pool, small,cold water, no sun, because of surrounding buildings. - And the restaurant and the common spaces of the hotel were so dirty, I have never seen something like that. - I am not fancy, but I thing if I have chosen a 2star hotel, for a half price, it would be the same, even better.. - Recommmendation, never again

Actually just the omelett and fresh bacon

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room is quite compact, the bed designed is actually occupied lots of spaces in the room. Didnt like the view, facing jungle. Toilets is good. Water! Tap water and even the complimentary water the hotel provided taste funny. Need to buy mineral water for drink. Too bad im paying extra for swimming pool but didnt get a chance to swim, not the hotel fault but i guess its not a smart move to expect for swimming pool when u are on a holiday in a beautiful island. I stayed in 2 different hotel in krabi - basically the money we paid is rather expensive in both hotels due to the fact that these hotel is in the centre of tourist attraction but facilities & emenities & comfort isnt worth the price.

Clean. Friendly staff. Nearby with other facilities such as food, massage parlour, motorbike rent, etc.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Comfortable hotel with bad policy on smoking
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel allowing smoking which resulted in the strong smell of cigarette smoke coming into the room through the air conditioning system. The hotel policy allows smoking on the balcony! Rude breakfast staff who asked my Thai gf for her room number during breakfast when I was getting coffee- disgusting!

The staffs prompt response to offer a change of room after complaining about smell of cigarette smoke coming into the room. Breakfast was very good. Reception staff good.

Browse Aree Tara Resort traveller photo gallery