Reviews of Astera Sathorn This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

143 South Sathorn Rd, Yannawa, Sathorn, 10120 Bangkok, Thailand

#716 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Nice clean rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice clean rooms. Pool was very nice and well kept. Restaurant was very good, but a little pricy for Thai Food (to be expected in a well established Hotel). Very close to the river to catch a water taxi to different locations (very convenient) staff very helpful as well.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

A great place to use as a base for exploring Bangkok. Close to the river traffic and the BRT Rail.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

At times I thought I was sleeping in the middle of traffic. The noise, particularly speeding motor bikes seemed to echo around the area. I was on the 10th floor. Previously on our last visit we were on the 5th floor and didn't notice the noise at all.

The staff were cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

helpful and accommodating staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

helpful and accommodating staff. kept our luggage upon checking out for last min shopping while waiting for return flight and even allowed us to refresh ourselves prior to leaving for the airport

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Needs to be a little bit repaired (repainted in some areas) but besides that everything was amazing!

Great location! Amazing staff! Super friendly and helpful. Complimentary drinks and snacks in room, which was refilled everyday! Great room with cute star toys! Thought it was super cute!

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Stay here if you want a decent place with great location, but don’t have high require for much else.

Lobby staff were not very friendly or helpful, breakfast food wasn’t great (apart from noodle station), air conditioning and shower wasn’t working properly, room is small and tired (but clean), would have preferred a jug rather than the strange hot water machine. No aircon in lifts or corridors.

Location is excellent - short walk (even manageable with 2 young kids) to boat and BTS which got us to most places we wanted to go. Great way to travel. Breakfast staff were lovely, and very accommodating of the mess our baby made. Also, the noodle station is awesome. Room is clean and comfortable, daily complimentary snacks were nice. Pool and pool area was nice.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Prime location & comfortable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room size is bit smaller than expected

Well maintained, room service, staff, location, walkable distance from sky train/water taxi, value for money

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

A disappointment
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Had a room on 9th floor together with my daughter. Pigeons crawling on the roof all morning and evening. The aircondition did not work and could not cool down the room. When contacting the reception they would send a technician. They did and he just turned the way the aircondition was blowing directly to my bed so i got a sore throat but still no cold room. I have been staying here more times and often they have had problems with aircondition but including pigeons too then i´m finished booking here.

Pool area is small but have many facilities

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Great location, but fix the wifi please
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet was a nightmare. It worked for about 50% of the time, 25% of the time it was patchy and 25% of the time it was non-existent. Three requests to reception did nothing to fix the problem. On two occasions the hotel was overrun by Chinese package tours. I love the Chinese, but in package tour groups, they collectively turn into another beast altogether. Loud and inconsiderate, blocking walkways, shouting up corridors, having boisterous group gatherings in the foyer. It’s not the hotel’s fault, but it sure lessened the amenity of the property for me.

Good location, and nice friendly staff. The complimentary snacks and soft drinks in the room each day were an added bonus.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Maybe it's unfortunate to stay here because of the staff service.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

AC in the room very bad, seems to wind through. Uncomfortable to stay here. Staffs unfriendly.

Delicious food and variety. Near Metro Sky train and Mall.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Hotel was quiet, bed comfy. Nice breakfast buffet!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

View from room wasn't the best. There is a huge property nearby slated for demolition so was looking very run down.

The hotel is close to the ferry and sky train terminals, so was convenient. Shopping close by. Has a pool so that was a bonus. Initially thought there wasnt much going on in the area, but there is a shopping complex close by (Robinsons) and a pop up market beside it, so was fun for us. Tasty breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

This was a great booking- from staff to facilities we were really pleased!
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

I have two negatives. We showed up only 20 minutes before check-in time and we were asked to wait in the lobby until the exact minute. This was the first I have experienced this. Also, the pool is VERY slippery. It is lines with tile on the inside and it has a steep drop for most of the length, so when I was swimming with my children it was impossible for any of us to go anywhere but the very shallow area because otherwise we kept sliding under the water when we were trying to stand.

My family booked two connecting rooms and we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean, the pool was nice and the staff was amazing. The location was great. Within 5 minutes of walking (with children... so for adults it would be about 2 or 3 minutes) we were at a street side market with food and goods as well as some bars. Very close to the riverfront and many different areas of interest.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Nice hotel, great location close to train station and water taxi stop
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Please can we just have a simple kettle? That actually boils water? Not a over complicated machine that doesn't get hot enough. And you can't easily take it to the tap to fill because it's so big

Lovely big bed

• Reviewed: March 22, 2018

Great location but disappointed...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Given a room to us on the 2nd level, room 307, a.c not cool, hot shower not working well. Photo on website wasn't the room that was allocated for my booking. Provided feedback to the staff on duty after two days of stay. After which they gave us a room 601 on level 6. Well the room was the same as the photo. Still a.c. wasn't cool. Out of my 8 nights stay, half of it, I was sweating while I was sleeping. Other than that was ok. Computer console near the reception area, working but without mouse. WiFi suddenly cut off. Some nights I'm about to hear the sound from the next room which is 602. Worse the lady in that room made a lot of noise, especially late in the night... so couldn't get a night sleep...

Hotel very near to bts, 7-11 and Robinson shopping mall.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

It is value for money and I will choose to stay there again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The tissue paper was not replenished during the room service. At one point of time it has totally finished and I have to use the toilet roll

It comes with a bathtub in every room. My daughter loves to play in the bath tub very much.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Guy on reception.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Difficult for taxi to find

Guy on reception. His name was Monty. Couldn't have done more for us. So kind and knowledgeable. The pool was really good.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Extra large bed was great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately, there was a cockroach in our bedroom - not an enormous issue but slightly off putting.

Extra large bed was great. Hotels general facilities good, and airport transfer went smoothly.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Old hotel but great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My room neighbors at the hotel are from China and every night they would open the door and the door make this loud close bang sound for several times, and also they spoke loudly in the hallway. One night they did this until 2:30am. I complained the next morning and the receptionist moved us to new room next to the chinese again but they only talked a little loudly until midnight. If I knew it before, i would not stay here. Not so good spring bed (probably because they are old bed) and i felt itchy the first night.

The location of the hotel is very convenient because it is near BTS and central pier. The breakfasts was good with different variations every day.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Pretty Average Accommodation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Would not be a 4 Star property by European standards, which is probably a matter of perception. Room was dated, bed very hard, swimming pool a lot smaller in reality (and divided into a kids' end and adults' end), and as a regular to BKK I would say there is better value available in the city.

Handy for the Bangkok BTS and the pier. Property was clean and good choice at breakfast. The daily replenishment of the complimentary drinks and snacks is a nice touch.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

I was already few times in this hotel and I will always...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was already few times in this hotel and I will always come back . Very nice all reception staff. You are really nice and professional. Thank you !

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

Nice hotel by the BTS
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

No street food places to go have dinner. A few restaurants ,but not very many cheap eats.

They have a good breakfast with a little of everything for your tastes.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast.
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

Small issue with the water temp in the shower. Could not get it to stay hot??? Told the staff on check out. Not a big deal though. Wifi was patchy. They us Unifi standard AP's. They need to use the Long Range ones as this will help. Only 2 Accesspoint [per floor.

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

Excellent breakfast, very good location next to BTS station...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi was really poor quality in the room. Hotel is a bit worn here and there, but it is currently being renovated and more expensive rooms with pool view seemed to be modernized.

Excellent breakfast, very good location next to BTS station and pier, just a couple of stops away from Siam square. Nice pool and sauna area. Overall a good experience.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

Great place and amazing stuff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

All tread mills in the gym we're out of order .I think we're 5 of them.

Great location. The stuff is amazing and generous . My room was clean and comfortable. King size bed was more than enough for one person.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2018

5 min walk to skybar and boat trip.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Water running from air conditioning in the middle of the room. We didn't had acces on the terace. The door was looked, so we didn't have fresh air during our stay.

5 min walk to skybar and boat trip. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

We liked the location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit dated, mostly the bathroom. Grout around tub was not clean. Walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors. Bed was hard.

We liked the location. Easy to get to the boats and skytrain. Breakfast was good and had an omelet station. We ordered some room service and the food was good. The pool is a nice thing to have after a hot day of sightseeing. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Old fashioned but everything is working and the room is excellent
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I had to leave too early for having breakfast

Big room, nice swimming pool and super friendly personal - I can definitely recommend it for that price but if you don’t mind that the hotel in general is not very modern

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Nice hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Noisy place near the highway. Also you can hear when your neighbors go to toilet or have sex. Earplugs recommended.

Overall a nice hotel. Location is a bit far from many popular tourist destinations, but only 100m from the nearest skytrain station. The swimming pool is too small for serious swimming, but good enough for refreshing yourself in the heat. The pool area is clean and comfortable. There is even a basic gym next door. The staff is helpful and friendly. Good buffet breakfast with lots of options (bread, noodles, soup, eggs, vegetables, fruits).

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Bad experience
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

Staff is not friendly at all .I didn't ask for thing and they help me in it. They have only one baby cot in the whole hotel.Breakfast is normal and the restaurant is tiny and you can't move.My son just write with pen in bedsheet and it was small the staff stand out in the looby of hotel waiting me with bedsheets to show me the evedince in front of all .I didn't like the attitude of them at all and after that they charged me for cleaning. I asked them once to do call for taxi driver they said You have to pay 15 pats,what a service they offer. If you would like to go to arab street it's far away.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2018

A hotel that does just what you need it to do without costing the earth.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No space for a second bedside table. I had to slide to the bottom of the bed to get up! All else just fine.

An ideal place from which to explore Bangkok. Hotel nice, value for money. Not the Ritz but has worked for us three times now.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Staff were great!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was a little dated and the bed was very firm. My room kept smelling like smoke despite all the windows being closed

Staff were great! They went above and beyond

• Reviewed: January 21, 2018

I like the location. It was good in general if there was “no dispute” with children “breakfast”.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only problem I had was toilet blockages & children “breakfast included” issue which was very misleading. I had to wait 45 minutes before my issues was resolved with the interference of “Booking.com” customers service. They said “breakfast included in room rates”. Which our family thought the children were included in everything. It turns out that parent can eat & children cannot eat. But we clearly told them we had children staying with us. Hotel did not mentioned anything about paying extra for the children in their confirmation, so they ask us to pay extra breakfast cost for all our children. The issue was not the cost of the breakfast we have to pay but the fact that I don’t like how their information was so “misleading” to us as tourists & wasted our time complaining. It was a very annoying experience of our stay in regards to this matter. However, the issues was resolved at the end but I don’t think the hotel was very happy about it. I’ve met 2 other families & they were in the same boat as us. They’ve been misled as well.

The overall experience of my stay was good and well presented.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Good

Its noisy. I am very sensitive to noise and had a hard time. Avoid room 1006

Breakfast was good and changes every day. Staff is super friendly Very convenient for BTS

• Reviewed: January 17, 2018

Little bit disapointed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing ... the bed was very hard, the room was near the elevator and at every stop it givs a ding dong... feel like sleeping ind the 7/11s dorway... batroom is very old ... the pool has not much sun and was cold... it's ok there with super discount... maximal 1200 baht per day... my opinion

Near the river and bear the skytrain, not far to chinatown

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Cheap and no frills. Good distance to boat and BTS station.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room wasn't really clean, cleaners did not clean the outside of the toilet - only the inside, the cover of the toilet paper was VERY dirty, we were also placed in smoking room, we specifically asked for non smoking.

Location, large bed, room service was quick and food was ok, water and toiletries were replaced even if there was some left from the night before. hot water was ok.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

it had a nice pool and free sauna
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was really bad, especially since I am vegetarian and most of the food was meat, it was also not very diverse our toilet was licking the wifi was really bad the water was not very hot

it had a nice pool and free sauna

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Good for an overnight stay ...... but not much longer
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are very much outdated and smell of old damp. The property needs refurbishing. Just outside the hotel, you will find many local drug addicts and alcohol addicts sitting and drinking or injecting drugs. Although they don't harass tourists, it is Very frightening for tourists.

The Staff !!! EXCELLENT and Very polite Staff. Extremely Helpful !! Very Good Staff 10 out of 10 marks for Staff. Saphan Taksin metro station is at walking distance from the hotel.. Breakfast room has a good selection of items to eat. Very good !!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

I would definetely stay there again!

I liked everything.

It was a perfect stay in the heart of Bangkok. Very comfy room and a decent bathroom. Easy to get the tourist boat that will take you to the main attractions and also near the sky train. There is a shopping mall a few meters away with many options of restaurants. Very, very good hotel!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Good value for money. Comfortable for families with children.
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

Not many nice dining options walking distance (maybe there are and we missed it).

Good location, close to a train station as well as the river taxi boats. Great breakfast. We got two connecting rooms, which was convenient for a family with 3 kids.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

For quick stays only
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In short, the room wasn't that clean. Now this is a budget hotel in Bangkok, so it's not like we should expect top notch. However, bugs in the bathroom, flies in the room, hair on the floor, hair in the sheets are still not acceptable for me.

The room is basic but generally comfortable. The staff is nice and friendly as well. I was just in town for a conference nearby, and it was fine for a few days. Would I stay longer, probably not.

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Good location that is under 10 minutes walk to waterfront but value for price is questionable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- No microwave in the rooms (starnge to offer hot water and sinks for washing dishes but no microwave) - Rooms were dated - No irons - Hot water heat kept shorting (had to reset the switch)

- Rooms were very large (I was upgraded - nice) - Great toiletries included (soap and shampoo in dispensers in shower) plus toothbrush and combs for those who forget to pack these items (like me). - Swining TV (can watch from couch or bed.

A great stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Sometimes the shower water was not hot.

I stayed here for four days with my family. I was satisfied with the pool and fitness area, breakfast, location, and price. Its proximity yo Saphan Taksin and the pier means that it is easy to get to any part of Bangkok.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Value for money pit stop in a good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi was poor, not suitable if you have to work. Breakfast was truly awful, best to skip it and get street food nearby.

Great location near Sathorn pier, pool was nice just a bit small

The ‘stars’ of Astera: the smiling staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was great, the staff was the best, they always greeted us with a smile and answered to all our needs. The room was very big, the bed in particular. The breakfasf was also pretty good, we had a lot to choose from. The position of the hotel is very strategic: a few meters from the sky train and from the Sathorn Pier. Very happy

• Reviewed: January 5, 2018

Value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

small cockroaches at bed and bathroom; and some noisy, dramatic American people may be it because of the soundproofing problem of the room.

Value for money, breakfast was decent, clean rooms, nearby good restaurants. Nearby sathorn pier and art station. Easy to book short trip or day trip, staffs were helpful too.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Management tries hard, but for the same money, better options are available.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel is on a main road so traffic noise throughout the night is part of your package. The place is very old and out dated decor screams at you. The reception area is badly designed, small and overcrowded with luggage and waiting hotel guests,

The room was spacious, hotel is close to shopping malls and two stations, the complementary drinks and eats in the room.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2017

Location is close to the water but not what I had imagined. A bit shabby and dirty area.
    • Superior 3 connecting rooms

Rooms had a bad smell and new paint smell. Our first set of rooms (I rented three connecting rooms) there were four cockroaches. Staff casually killed them and moved on. Later on u found another and complained and they moved us to another floor with similar rooms.

Staff was helpful in checking us in early.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

A great stay .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing to affect me that I didn't like

The Hotel is 3Star ,but the service I got was more like 5 Stars , thanks to Chef in the breakfast room, the bell boy was a great help to me thanks Winston,the tour Manager was very helpful .

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Location is great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cockroaches in the room, bad cleaning as there was a note on the mirror from previous or even earlier guests, impossible to have rest with noisy neighbors...

Location is great.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Judged as a 3 star and according to price...as a 4 star, it’s miserable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The tiling may have been done by Stevie Wonder and the shower was perfect for soaking the bathroom. Water temperature varied whilst in use. This is not a 4 star hotel, but it’s a perfectly adequate 3 star one. No bell staff to take my bags for me....it might sound prissy but after 12hrs of travel and expecting a 4 star place, this was a big disappointment

The pool and sauna, price, sofa.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2017

Not a four star, maybe two
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unaccomodating, non English speaking staff. The breakfast is poor; sweet orange drink (not juice), sweet colored jelly, cold fried eggs, toaster that doesn't work etc. The Asian food is a little better. There are no restaurants close to this hotel. You can hear everything from the room next door. They call themselves a 4 star hotel, but it sure isn't.

They hold your bag while you take side trips from Bangkok.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2017

Will do for one night
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Photos didn’t look like the room, the facilities were poor, the WiFi was awful and would never work

Staff were really friendly and the breakfast was good

• Reviewed: December 2, 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room smelt a bit of mould and quite musty. Ladies at reception didn’t like to smile!

Great location. Short walk to sky train and ferries. Yum breakfast - try the Thai soup!

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

Take this hotel if you like astera puppies in your bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It looks more like a youth hostel or even childish. Not mush comfort... No light switch near the bed. Noizy aircon etc. Staff was not cooperative. I asked for airport transfer before arrival. - Hotel only offered hyper high cost transfer.... We also had a lmissing uggage problem in the airport and luggage delivery neefed also hotel's participation in the communication and arrangement process...It was hard to make a phone call...

Breakfast was quite good.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

For the rating it has I expected a lot more.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room wasn’t very clean. Dirt and hair in the bathtub when I arrived. For a hotel with this sort of rating I expected more. The shampoo and shower gel was attached in a deslemcer to the wall and was not good quality. The water ran hot and cold and would often just go cold. There was no bottle opener in the room and although I used the teaspoons they never changed them when they did the room. The front door was broken and stuck when it opened. The toilet warm flushed was very loud and flushed for a long time. And the room was so close to the next room you could hear everything happening in there, including just opening the cupboard door.

The bed was very big and the location was great right next to the sky train.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Cody Room with good location for pier to Royal Palace, visit Chinese Market. First Road of Bangkok.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room is renovation required. Furniture is required replacement even if just top up to current structure. Restroom as well, hot water is highly consistency.

Good Location for BTS by 5 min walking and closed to Bangrak , local market where busy since early morning. Close to pier, main bridge. Sathorn Pier. By walking distance you can have ancient chinese barbecue pork and roast duck, PRAJAK.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Not the best for the money they charge
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Little cockroaches all over our room and bathroom.Bed not cozy..could feel the springs..no view..and they even checked our room when we were checking out..like we would steal something from them.I wonder if they would do the same check on a big group of Chinese tourists..hmmm Full of trash and rats very close and outside of the hotel during the afternoon hours.

The location was alright.Close to sky train stations

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Great location and good price.
    • Superior 3 connecting rooms

A/C smelt a little mouldy but it could happen anywhere in south east Asia so wasn’t a big deal.

Very helpful staff. Connecting rooms was nice for big families.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Nice hotel, good breakfasts, not so clean rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are quite old and so as bathroom. We've seen some bugs in the bathroom so our comfort wasn't high. Wi-fy wasn't easily avaliable in whole place and rooms

Hotel well located, near to skyline and ferry stop. Staff was very nice, smilled all the time and very helpfull. Breakfasts was quite ok, quite monotonous but tasty. On the pool there were towells and pool was very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Perfectly ideal location for a first-time visitor to Sanam Luang
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Weak shower. Badly too far from entertainment venues in Sukhumvit or Huay Kwang along the MRT. Roughly takes nearly an hour to get there. Too many bad drivers in motorcyvles around the area therefore badly hard to cross the road !!!

Closed to the BTS station therefore easily accessible toward Siam Square. Friendly staffs. Gym facilites for fitness. Very strong and brilliantly stable Wifi !!!! Closed to the local supermarket and food court in the department store in a very short walking distance by foot. Value for money at the reasonable budget price.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Staff friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We found cockroaches in the room, I found one in my bed , it was really unpleasant feeling. We complained and they change our room to another.

Staff friendly. Great location.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

No too bad, but I will no back to this hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I took this hotel because I love have a bath after all day walking around the city , I couldnt have it because the bath was quite old and bad looking... the bath curtain was dirty and old. And the ventilation hole was so dirty , so I didn’t feel to have a bath there. And the water came hot or cold, depends of it , sometimes i got so cold. After I had a cut in my ankle that it was bleeding in the night and the plaster was off , so The bedlines had blood the next morning. In the three nights that we spent there they didnt change it, I dont know if is normal no change every day the bed lines but if they see that was dirty and I left in a way to please be clean it, It will be lovely do it. Internet conection was really poor.

The situation of the hotel is great, near the tube .The staff from the hotel was friendly and help us with everything. And the massage place near it is amazing, great staff and really friendly.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

great location, clean rooms, good service and fantastic price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

what a fab location. 300 m from the subway station and river boats. this being the most important criteria in traffic jam plagued bangkok, we absolutely recommend this place. staff was kind and helpful, late check out no problem, room was clean and air con worked well. stayed on 7th floor with fast lift and for the price one pays this is a fantastic option.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Very convenient to BTS. They store our extra bag while we take extended side trips.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Found a bug in our room, reported it, and they gave us another room immediately, without further questions. Great response!

The customer service person is outstanding.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Value for money, Great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room safe wasn't fixed into the small unit it was in which was also freestanding and able to be moved around the room freely.

Friendly staff, great location being so close to the Skytrain

• Reviewed: October 20, 2017

Good stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Noises from nearby traffic affects sleep, windows should be sound-proofed for the comfort of travellers. Gym is a little ill-equipped and air conditioner in gym should be stronger.

Staff were friendly and willing to serve, near BTS station. Fantastic resturant that serves great breakfast buffet and ala-carte orders. Great services from Catering department.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Very pleasant.
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

The location, re: the hotel being on a very busy road.

Staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and cosy. The beds were very comfortable. Quick service and tasty meals at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Stop and go. You can rest in the pool or in the steam bath. And train in the small gym
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Air-conditioning really noisy. I found 4 bugs in the room (3 when I arrived, 1 two days after). I told about it at the reception and they answer me the bugs were not dangerous -.-

Close to Saphan Taksin station and to the pier. You can move easily through the city

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Beds were good rest everything needs a upgrade.
    • Superior 2 connecting rooms

Shower wasn't working properly. Cockroaches in the wardrobes in both the rooms. Need a serious upgrade. No lifeguard at the pools. Terrible choices at the breakfast. Fish, pork dishes half cooked omelet. This is not called breakfast.

The rooms were interconnected.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

great location and the pool was lovely and the people were f\very friendly
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

housekeeping we didnt get robes an we never got any toilet paper or tissues refilled

the breakfast was great , the guys at the front desk were really helpful

• Reviewed: October 6, 2017

Very enjoyable, would stay again should we return to Bangkok.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

View from the room not up to much but that didn't spoil our stay.

Staff friendly and very helpful, room and bed a decent size and comfortable, great location close to public transport links, breakfast adequate and enough choice, nice local bars/snack bars nearby, easy to book excursions from reception. Outside smoking lounge was a bonus (for my husband) and you could buy beer in reception area! Overall we were happy with our stay.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Pictures and reviews deceiving
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didnt like the room, the hotel seemed it was built in 1980s, needs to be redone. The room was very small, the washroom smelled like someone pissed in the shower, 24/7. The door was hard to close. Pictures were deceiving, I didnt receive the value i paid.

I liked the breakfast, pool and gym, the view from the window and the location.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2017

• Superior 3 connecting rooms

There's small cockroaches in the bathroom. Water heater was very inconsistent and water pressure was weak.

Close to BTS station. Tomyam was really good. Generous with complementary snacks and soft drinks.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

needs improvement
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

poor aircon, maintenance staff was really rude and became angry when we complained about it

property is near a department store, grocery, bts and pier;good breakfast; there is a good thai massage nearby

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Location is close to pier, market and BTS.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had to ask for a map and not all staff were friendly and approachable. Did not feel safe walking in the area at night but tuk tuks and taxis are readily available and v cheap

Location is close to pier, market and BTS. Clean and comfortable room.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Average room in a good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was small and old, and the windows and balcony door were dirty. I booked for double bed but ended up getting twin bed. There was no chair in the room to sit and work on my computer. The water heater was so old that it could be either extremely hot or not warm at all. I paid much less for some other hotels but got a much better room.

Great location, convenient to travel around with boat, BTS or bus. There are lots of good places to eat near the hotel. The receptionist was friendly, and one of the staff brought me the chair when I asked for it (though without a smile).

Browse Astera Sathorn Traveler Photo Gallery