Reviews of Baan Haad Ngam Boutique Resort 4 stars

#27 of 136 hotels in Chaweng

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice place with good breakfast
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

We order a family room and we get 2 separated room with 2 small children The rooms was in thirds floors with no elevator.... There was a water shot of .

Nice place with good breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Loved having our own private pool with views out to sea.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa - Seaview with One Way Airport Transfer

The sea view pool villa closest to reception needs a screen of some sort so people walking in the entrance can’t see you getting in and out of the pool.

Loved having our own private pool with views out to sea.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Amazing hotel

We loved everything!

The staff was great, but the security was amazing! If you stay you should talk with the security agents! They are friendly, funny and all around great people. The entire staff is super helpful!!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Overall everything is good.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

Room rate was a little too high. Wish there was more selection for breakfast.

Overall everything is good. Room size was good. Nice beach. I highly recommend to book roundtrip transportation to town (if you don't want to walk 20 min) with the hotel and they will pick you up after shopping/dinner. Taxi in Koh Samui do not use meter, so you have to ask for the rate before you get in the car.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Good and handy place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The hotel had an idyllic setting on the beach with a good infinity pool. The Italian Olivio restaurant was on the waters edge and excellent food, happy hour was from 12 -6 pm.. Handy outside but outside hotel very disappointing.

Location on beach and just ten minutes to airporf

Great location, friendly people, fun relaxing time.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

The buildings are starting to look a bit tired in some places. The pool villa we had (V5) was looking tired in the bathroom area.

A pool villa is great for privacy and relaxing. Infinity pool at the beach side is great, Olivio's Restaurant has a great range of food and drink for all meals. There were mainly couple and only a few families with children.

We decided to stay at this property during our 4 night trip...
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

I don’t have much bad to say as such, only that on the first night and third there were power cuts but this was the whole island so couldn’t be helped. It just meant the emergency lights came on in the bedroom and you couldn’t get them off which wasn’t ideal for sleeping. We were initially in a villa at ground level but asked to be moved after the first night due to the smell of sewage, sadly this is something that lingers throughout most of Thailand. The sewage systems are just not great, we were very kindly moved to a villa up high that smelt amazing and had a better view so couldn’t fault the staff for quickly resolving our issue. The only other thing I would say is the happy hour cocktails weren’t great but I’m probably a bit of a drink snob to be fair. They just weren’t strong enough for me, however I tried the Long Island Ice tea from the normal cocktail menu and it was amazing , definitely enough alcohol in that.

We decided to stay at this property during our 4 night trip as part of our honeymoon. This property was really good and I would highly recommend. It was only a 5 minute journey from the airport which was ideal. We opted for a room with a plunge pool, I thought this was perfect for the few hours I got to spend sunbathing each day as I could do it in the comfort of my own terrace and nip in and out of the pool to cool down and had a beautiful view of the ocean. It can be a wee bit extra in cost though so if it’s too much I wouldn’t worry as the pool area is lovely and situated right on the beach and it’s the nicest beach I’ve ever seen. The staff at the property were amazing, very helpful and friendly. The restaurant next to the pool was unreal, the food was some of the best I have ever had, especially the seafood. Another thing that is great about this property is the laundry service, we have been on our trip for a while and decided to get some stuff washed, after this I wanted them to wash all my clothes as they made such a good job. The first day it was quite late on by the time I sent the laundry away and I thought I wouldn’t get it back until the following day as that was what I requested, it came back around 6pm the same day , it smelt amazing, even my pants were ironed and folded. This is something I hadn’t requested and the ladies that brought me it were so smiley and nice. The only thing I would say though is I think they maybe tumble dry the clothes as some of my husband tops were ever so slightly snug but this is something we had already considered prior to sending them so was a risk we took. A lot of his tshirts are designer ones and need hand washed but it didn’t seem to fade them at all. It’s a great location as you can walk along the beach and nip in to most other hotels to their restaurants although we didn’t do this. There’s a great excursion shop/office at the top of the road out of the hotel and slightly to the left about a 1 min walk.

Everything about this hotel was amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Everything about this hotel was amazing. The staff , the room , the pool & the beach were fantastic . The restaurant, olivios was superb . I would definitely recommend this resort it is fantastic

Most beautiful beach we have ever seen
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Most amazing place we stayed in Thailand. the beach here is the best I have ever seen. Perfect hotel, perfect place to stay on Koh Samui. Could not recommend more.

Will recommend this place to others.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa - Seaview with One Way Airport Transfer

Should be more Thai food on the menu, not interested in Italian food in Thailand.

The staff were excellent at this accommodation, the rooms are great and nice design. The Thai food in the restaurant is great. Pool was good and the staff around the pool are awesome, thanks Oh.

Nice atmosphere, caring staff, good location and great...
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

The WiFi at the pool is a little weak, could be improved. Works fine anywhere else. Coffee at breakfast is not the best, and you get charged if you want to upgrade to an espresso or a latte.

Nice atmosphere, caring staff, good location and great facilities : good cocktail for a great holiday experience. Definitely recommended if you look for tranquility, while not too far from all the action in the city. At this location of the island, be aware that the sea is subject to tides, thus not ideal location for a swim. But it gives a beautiful landscape, and the pool is there anyway. It did not bothered us.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Amazing place for couples
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Amazing location on the beach in a quieter part of the Island. So romantic we told them it was our anniversary and they had towel swans and rose petals on the bed for us! The staff couldn't have been nicer and the breakfast was amazing!

Baan Haad Ngam, round 2!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The only thing that I could even think of could improve at this hotel is a yoga mat, or an exercise mat of some sort, for the gym.

This was our second stay at this hotel (in one year) - the location is the primary reason for this but also the lovely pool, the staff and the standard of the rooms. The location is perfect at the north of Chaweng Beach; just a short walk to restaurants and massage places on the beach. Whilst we were having breakfast, the staff organized sunbeds for us on the beach and put our towels and things on them to make sure no one else got to them first; super sweet (the staff is brilliant over all). I especially loved that they recognized that we had been there before and we got a "welcome back" flower message on our bed upon arrival. Very sweet! Breakfast is varied and leaves little to want. Drop-off service to the airport - perfectly organized!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The staff were amazing and so helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The staff were amazing and so helpful. The breakfast was a day-maker... It was delicious and we looked forward to it every morning. The resort seemed to be at the edge of part of Chaweng Beach which was perfect, since it was nice and quiet but a 10 minute walk to the action if you want that. The pool was super relaxing too, but the tiles surrounding it are a bit slippery, so it could be difficult with little ones. The room was so clean and spacious, and I would definitely stay here again if I find myself on Koh Samui.

The hotel is beautiful!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

There was a problem with the hot water in the shower. An old-fashioned and unpleasant shower. They wanted to charge us for orange juice we did not drink.

The hotel is beautiful! The pool, restaurant and gym were great. Good location

Great Samui Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Wonderful staff always willing to help and nothing was too much trouble. Mirror pool was right on the beach, with a great view of the bay. A small number of sun loungers also on the beach with excellent service from Oh. Great breakfast with wide choice of options.

Close to airport and shops
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Main pool can get very busy. Personnel is not that fluent in English. Bathroom was not 100% clean One day we were woken up by a strong smell coming from the sewage...not nice

Close to airport and shops Beach with clean and hollow waters, white sand. Great restaurant. Excellent villa with private pool, plenty of space. Personnel is very nice.

Not a good experience.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Not a good experience. Aircon does not work in room. And it is down again after repaire. Staff is not welling to change room for us at first. And we wait at the lobby at 10pm !

Avoid! Nicer places honestly!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Location is on top of steep hill and out of the centre. Sewage stench, rude staff, worst check out experience ever. Tried to charge for dirty towels and made me clean them with hand soap in reception otherwise I would be fined??????? Fuming

Beach front

Very good location on the beach, great food and friendly...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Very good location on the beach, great food and friendly staff. Large room and bed with air con and very very clean. Great facilities such as infinity pool and nice gym and chill area!

We loved the room, the service and the breakfast was amazing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The only thing we didn't like was that the beach area was too close to the restaurant and pool areas.

We loved the room, the service and the breakfast was amazing.

Amazing
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

I didn't like they put lots of chocolate in the mini bar as I have a beaut beach body in preparation for holiday but when chocolate is there I have to eat it of course. Anyway for a few Toblerones and hersheys in the end cost me around £20 where in shops they are 10p

It was lovely. I liked everything. Especially the jet bath.

I don‘t have anything negative to say!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

I don‘t have anything negative to say! And I‘m German :D absolutely loved this hotel! Wish we would have stayed longer. Such a nice pool, the best breakfast we had in Thailand and the beach is so pretty. Really calm area. Such a beautiful hotel with beautiful rooms. Very good value for money!

The pool is the best part of the hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The superior double room are nice but nothing more, not too clean either. We had a couple of issues with the room (the toilet flush was not working) and they sent someone to fix it only after we asked 3 times..

The pool is the best part of the hotel. Stunning! The location is also nice, close enough to the restaurants and bars but not not so close to bother the quiet we were looking for

Lovely boutique hotel, great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Room was quite musty. Our shower wasn't working properly so could only use the small head. Whilst all the water features in the garden are lovely they attract lots of mosquitoes.

The pool area is great, wonderful location right on the beach with a fantastic view, close to the centre without being noisy. Breakfast was so good, lots of choice. The hotel gardens are beautiful.

Wonderful but disappointed with the restaurant
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

House keeping always forgetting to clean some areas and the restaurant told us once some people reserve my table and i was first there and am eating my breakfast and he wants me to move to another table he insulted me and like he wants to throw me out from the place

I like how the reception are active and everything I asked it’s came true i was so happy with them and the place was and still amazing

Friendly staff, great location and very beautiful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

We really enjoyed our stay, we just thought it was a little expensive, especially as breakfast wasn't included in the price. I also think that for the price, the room (floor, glasses and dust in curtains) could have been cleaned more thoroughly.

We loved the gym and the free kayak rental very much. The staff were very friendly throughout the hotel. It also has beautiful gardens which make it so relaxing to walk through. The pool was a little smaller than we expected but that didn't bother us very much. The pool and pool area were very clean and the location on the beach is the best on Chaweng in my opinion. It was great to be able to walk out in such clear and shallow waters!

Excellent!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

I returned from a 7 night stay in Baan Haad Boutique Resort yesterday and could not recommend this hotel enough. I was visiting Thailand with my friend on a 2 week break, staying in the North of the island for a week and then visiting Koh Samui for the last 7 days of our trip. Once we arrived at the hotel we were created with first class service and felt we had really arrived in luxury. The welcome staff could not be anymore helpful and we were immediately shown our room and the facilities available. The rooms were cleaned daily with the fridge being stocked up with water and fresh bath and beach towels provided, along with a robe and slippers which definitely came in handy. The pool area and views are amazing with this being in the sun for the majority of the day (if like me you are a sun worshipper!) However there are also parasols for each pair of sunbeds if the heat gets too much! There were plenty of sunbeds around the pool each day and also some available on the beach tide permitting. Sunbeds were comfy and the beach towels provided very large. The staff at the restaurant 'Olivio' could not be any more attentive throughout the day, ensuring we had everything we needed and even noticing if we had not ordered lunch and checking we didn't want anything bringing. A big shout of to Oh one of the restaurant staff who was on hand daily to bring us our daily Pina Coladas once happy hour started! We also ate at the Italian restaurant one evening and the food was great. Breakfast at the hotel had everything you could want including an egg station providing omelettes a plenty and any style of eggs you may require! The location of the hotel is great, sat at the quiet end of Chaweng beach surrounded by luxury hotels. There are plenty of things to do in the day including jet skis and massages along the stretch of beach if you fancy a change of scenery.

A great 4 start property with a 5 start feeling.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Cocktails can be improved :)

The best Location and relaxed staff. Central, walkable to other local Restaurants. Right on the beach. Very nice and compact Fitness area. Waiting area to surf the Internet on very good machines. Coffee machine and water bottles in Windows area. Great beach front location for Breakfast. Clear communication with the staff. Pool right in front on the beach one can relax in the whole day.

Very friendly staff and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Rooms furniture a bit old, shower and toilet wasnt working properly (plumber fixed it but all is too old and needs replacement). Jacuzzi too old and wasnt working as it suppose to.

Very friendly staff and helpful.working hard staff,cleaning a beach regularly,on daily basis preparing room for night (put mosquitoes speay) Staff very polite.

We recommend this hotel
    • Deluxe Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

Be careful, at high tide the beach can be covered in water. Taxi is expensive compared to rest of Thailand. Some lack of attention to details : ash tray not cleaned every day, shower did not empty well...

Excellent breakfast and very nice pool. Service is very good.

Great breakfast on a level of 5-star hotel.
    • Deluxe Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

There is a road crossing the hotel, so it will be noisy in the rooms near it. The rooms, that are not villas look like a hostel rooms and also definitely will be noisy. LOTS of mosquitoes even after fumigators and special big pest-works during our stay. Very strict check out procedure - we were checking out at 04:00 AM and had to wait while roommaid checked the room and confirm my wards of 75 THB usage of minibar. Prices in restaurant may be a bit lower.

Great breakfast on a level of 5-star hotel. Good location - quite and walk-distance from a lot of restaurants, 5nminutes drive from Festival. Very interesting architecture. Great pool! Good internet. Food in restaurant was great, excluding pizzas.

Very good
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

There are some details to be adjusted and some maintenance to be done in some rooms. I didn't like that some other guests stayed up until late after midnight, chatting loudly on the balcony. I think there should be some rule against that. But all in all we had a very nice stay so I can't complain too much.

It was our second stay in this hotel, we loved it. Good value for money. The staff were very kind and patient, they helped us with everything we needed and the taxi service they provided was excellent (standard prices for Ko Samui). The rooms were nice and clean, the pool area was quite enjoyable also, very relaxing. We had a pleasant stay.

Hotel was nice but very small. Nice stay until Checkout where they accused us of stealing a spoon??
    • Duplex Pool Villa with Roundtrip Airport Transfer

the hotel i VERY boutique (much smaller than it looks). The staff speaks only very limited English which made communication super difficult. They offer no watersport services. Checkout was VERY unprofessional as they accused us of stealing a teaspoon from the room. We used it for a shared dessert and sent it down with room service, which the receptionist handled in a wrong way by demanding she had to charge us for something we did not take, without checking the circumstances. Not a great end to an otherwise nice stay.

We liked that you decide yourself when to have housekeeping (housekeeper was exceptionally sweet). Nice and cheap food at Olivio. Good villa (duplex pool villa)

Must stay when in Koh Samui
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

our villa was larger than expected. extremely beautiful and relaxing, staff were attentive and the restaurant and pool was overlooking the beach. the perfect stay for a couple

Absolutely wonderful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

I can't complain about anything and do not what could have made my stay any better. Maybe if the TV in the room was a Smart-TV so that I could watch Netflix at night (very few international channels on the TV) but that seems a silly request as we didn't exactly spend much time the room.

The infinity pool is amazing, especially during the afternoons when the tide is low and the sun is setting. The location of this hotel is a big plus as it is quiet at the far north of Chaweng Beach. We didn't eat at the hotel (only breakfast which was totally OK) as there are plenty of cozy restaurants along the beach. The walk along the beach is awesome and not far from the hotel you find the best massage place and also the best place for sunset drinks (although you can't see the sun set as its on the other side of the island). The staff makes this hotel what it is, they are lovely. I would definitely stay here again!

Wonderful little hotel, takes care of the details.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Prepare for some mosquitos, though the staff made sure to apply citronella every day. On some days the tide was too high go go down to the beach.

Beautiful clean and private beach right on edge of property. Large delicious selection for breakfast (real espresso and soy milk!) with very helpful and sweet staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

I've changed 5 hotels in Thailand during a 10 days holiday and this is the worst one! What I suffered: 1. Power cut for several hours the first night when we arrived. Imagine showering suddenly in a dark shower room with cold water! 2. Slow reaction for service . You'd better never expect the hotel staff can offer you some real help after you call several times for things like changing towel. They don't have enough towel to change, and you have to wait for whole day! 3. Rude service in restaurant. I had my breakfast in the restaurant with my son, one lady staff was totally cold face and no greeting to guests. When we stood up to get more food, she was so eager to drive the guests away and cleaned up our table without asking anything. How ridiculous! I never expect this "service" could go so "efficiently". The housekeeping should really learn from the restaurant. 4. The toilet can't be smaller. I bet the airplane toilet is bigger than this poor hotel toilet.

the beach is really nice.

Our room has private pool on up flore and it was wonderful...
    • Duplex Pool Villa with Roundtrip Airport Transfer

They have own shuttle bus but I recommend to rent a scooter to go central. It is easier for everything :)

Our room has private pool on up flore and it was wonderful to spend time there with my wife.room is very clean and perfect! Stuff also nice and nothing to complain about.

Resort is separated by the road.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Resort is separated by the road. If you get the room by the road, you get no privacy at all - cars, bikes etc. and not a nice view. Beach was not usable because of the high tide which happens pretty often.

Relaxing pool by the sea, good restaurant, friendly staff at the restaurant.. rooms average
    • Deluxe Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

We had mosquitos in the room, despite using the device they put in the room against them. Although we asked reception to check this, they left it as is. Reception was very confusing for info about restaurant / breakfast. After all, it was very straight forward to pay with them. There was a disturbing smell at the bathroom all the time. It is a nice hotel, but we stayed in much more comfortable resorts at Koh Samui where the stay was flawless. This one can be improved

Restaurant was good for both breakfast and dinner. Staff working at the restaurant and pool were very helpful and nice all the time. Location is beautiful and infinity pool was very relaxing.

This hotel really made our trip great.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

This hotel really made our trip great. We were pleasantly surprised by the amazing staff and value for the money. This hotel was clean, very nicely decorated, had a great pool area... and did I mention great, dedicated staff? Truly a 10 in my books. Highly recommended.

Dont choose the simple room, its really noise during the day/night
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The hotel would be excelent but there is a small public road across the hotel ... its really noise, especially in night. So after the first night i asked the staff to change my room. The simple rooms walls are also really thin, so u can here your neighbour all night.

- staff is excelent, really friendly - location is nice, like a small jungle - beach and pool is nice - breakfast good

Located at the very begining of Chaweng Beach, away but...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Located at the very begining of Chaweng Beach, away but within easy access of the main street. Idyllic property with a beach facing restaurant and pool.

Dirty & bed bugs
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Bed bugs in the bed, rooms so close together you could hear everything as well as smell the smoke from smokers in the room next to us as we were sleeping. The whole room felt dirty, dust everywhere and not hygienic. The rooms were also very dark. Do not recommend.

Pick up and welcome were good.

The wifi was strong, which was necessary for my...
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

The babysitter didn't do anything but sit at the corner and look at my kids. And there were plenty of mozzies.

The wifi was strong, which was necessary for my tech-addicted family. The beach was beautiful and the staff were friendly. The pool villa we got was clean and the kids loved the pool. Overall we had a wonderful time.

Scope of improvement
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

The pool was closed - Forwhich arrangement were made by the hotel to use the property pool next door with a complimentary drink. Even thought the Ovt pool villa was beautiful the villa itself was very poorly maintained and the Roof also fell down , luckily we were not in room or else could have been grievously injured.No manager on duty hence no service recovery done and any compliments offered - We were hoping to get a call from a senior manager . It almost seemed like a Complete waste of money considering the category chosen . No apologies offered and the replacement villa was not even serviced before moving us. We later got a apology reply from the hotel over email after a week where they have offered us a 2 night stay in future .

The restaurant - Olivio and the staff including restaurant , front Desk and the security was pleasant .

Unlike the pics show - place is small and ocean view is not great. Would not recommend staying here!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The hotel next door was doing some maintenance work on the pool and the noise was just unbearable! We asked that hotel how Long they had been working on the project and they said 10 days - when asked the same thing at out hotel reception as we complained about the non stop loud drilling noise from 9am to 6am they lied saying the workers had just started working on the pool the day before! I’m 26 pregnant so that noise was unbearable and not good for my baby so we had to cancel the 2nd night as we just couldn’t Stand it. We told them they should have sent an email to guests letting them know In advance there was a construction project going on next door so we could have cancelled before arriving. Do not recommend the ocean view room (approx. 9000 THB!!) Super expensive given the size of the room (reallly really small. It looks definitely different from the pictures made available via booking.com)

The view from the pool was nice but you could no access any beach from the hotel. The cocktails were pretty good as well (especially the mojitos). Friendly staff - quick service.

Loved the place
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The location isn't so great in the center but they provide shuttle service and the local texi isn't that expensive

Great place, lovely staff everything was great!

Totally worth it

nothing at all

The location was perfect considering it was a family trip with my parents. Lot of shops around The property on The main road along with restaurants, exchange, supermarkets travel agencies, laundry and spas. The inhouse restaurant itself was good. However there are a lot of places to eat right at the beach. A few massage places too at a very reasonable price but very relaxing as you can relax right on the beach while getting a massage. The staff are the stars of our entire stay at this property. Hospitable, polite and friendly. They even surprised me with a birthday cake on my breakfast table which was so amazing. Never expected that. They also decorated my room with a birthday theme. My family and i were totally amazed and very pleasantly surprised at how much they took care of us and did every bit to take care of our needs. Also the welcome was grand with garlands and welcome drinks. Would definitely suggest everyone looking for nice and comfortable peaceful stay in koh samui. The infinity pool was one of the best features. You can also hire kayaks and snorkelling gears from the property for an adventurous morning around the beach. Basically can't say enough how good our experience was.

Excellent resort

Non

Facilities of the hotel. Large and beautiful rooms. Large clean toilet. Dining room with varied food. Romantic atmosphere at the hotel. Quiet area. The perfect distance from the maine street

Beautiful beach hotel

Everything was great!

Comfortable room with good WiFi and a wonderful balcony. Bed was comfy and the room was clean. The hotel’s restaurant was tasty and not too expensive. The beach access is the best! The beach the hotel is on is GORGEOUS!

Good location. Quiet area. Close to amenities.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The Hotels restaurant called Olivia was poor and over priced. Management of the hotel should really focus on improving in this area.

The check in process and warm welcome received from the hotel staff was superb.

Ok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

- not confortable double bed (two twin beds together) - the door to the balcony does not close 100% so mosquitos may go inside your room - the price announced for taxis are too high! Please negociate with taxi driver!!!! - not the best beach of koh samui!

- Nice staff - Good breakfast - Nice swimming pool

The room was large and the room very clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The room was large and the room very clean. The location though was perfect for beach strolls. The breakfast was amazing also. Great way to start the day

overpriced
    • Deluxe Pool Villa - Seaview with One Way Airport Transfer

Check in -check out process takes quite long time (they check the room to be sure that you did not steal items from the room). We booked a room with a plunge pool with sea view. The room was quite new. Good size and comfortable bed. We paid 220 Euros per night with breakfast (offseason). Which is too much for what you get. You could see the sea but the trees were covering the view. I have attached a picture. It is not worth it to pay extra for the view. The room looked clean but the terrace was not. There were more than 40 cigarette butts in the flowerpot. We complained- the housekeeping cleaned the cigarette butts. We expected to hear a SORRY but nothing came. The pool did not work well. Emptied by itself and filled up. The room below us was under renovation ( noisy) . The lighting of the terrace is very poor. You do not expect cigarette buts in a 4-star hotel. I would never go back to this hotel.

Airport pickup service worked very well, Nice location. 15 minutes walk to chaweng center. Friendly personal during breakfast. The beach is great for the kids.

Renovation is mandatory

This hotel needs a renovation. The shows are very old and ripped. The are no good towels.

Staff was nice the pool is close and the proximity to the beach is great.

Do not stay here Worse stay of my life
    • Deluxe Pool Villa - Seaview with One Way Airport Transfer

The staff are completely lazy, each time I've called for help or for a iron they took at least 30 minutes. Staff accused me and my partner of drinking alcohol in the mini bar (I do not drink and my partner only drinks beer) so they can get more money out of us, they held us hostage and almost made us miss our flight. I would not recommend anyone to stay here at all a pretty room is not worth the stay there !

The rooms are beautiful

The room is so comfort.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

- Variation of food during breakfast is too few for the price I paid. - I travelled with my kids, I took big room to consider them to stay with me and my husband. THe hotel insisted me to pay another 1 room for my children. If breakfast for them are not included I prefer to pay additional breakfast, rather than paying another 1 room for them, which at the end they don't really feel save to stay alone in the room. So we wasted 1 room and we paid with almost the same price I paid for my room :-( I don't know whether this is rule from Booking.com or from the hotel, but I don't like it. If children can stay at the same room with the parents, additional cost should only for breakfast cost. It is family decision whether they are comfort to stay in one room or not, but asking to pay another 1 room which at the end don't use it, it's a lost for the traveler.

The room is so comfort. The beach behind the hotel is so nice, my kids love it so much. It's so safe for small children to swim in the beach.

Paradise!
    • Executive Pool Villa with Roundtrip Airport Transfer

We cannot believe anybody giving this place a bad review at all, some people just like to whinge!! Big thumbs up from us all round!

From the first minute the staff did everything they could to make our stay amazing. The room was beautiful, we stayed in the executive pool villa which was spacious, clean, private and had its own pool which we loved. The cleaner Saw did a wonderful job and went above and beyond what was expected. The restaurant staff looked after us so well throughout our stay, (Kim, Nam, Tukta, Prae, Oh and Mai in particular, thanks!) the cocktails were delicious and breakfast was something special, the chef Chan makes fresh omelettes to order every morning, as well as buffet Thai selections and delicious fresh fruit, bacon, toast, whatever you fancy. The restaurant renovations were finished during our stay and the outlook over Chaweng beach was lovely to look out at. There were special nights on such as the Thai buffet to try and the atmosphere was extremely relaxed and comfortable. The location of the hotel was fantastic - there are so many places to try along the beach, different restaurants and bars and massage places, and then parallel to the beach it is very easy to walk into town (about 15 mins walk) and there are also shuttles 3x daily. The desk staff are happy to arrange taxis and various other methods of transport for you around the island, and help out booking tours. This does make it a tinier bit more expensive than a taxi off the street for example but it is so convenient and you can get anywhere around the island in comfort at the drop of a hat. We would also definitely recommend the Angthong marine park speedboat tour with My Samui, great day out. The service at this hotel is second to none, the staff are so welcoming and helpful and we would recommend it to anybody. We had such a good time and would love to return to Baan Haad Ngam again. Thanks so much for an exceptional holiday! :)

Beautiful boutique hotel with friendly staff and private pool
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

Our neighbours were a bit too noisy but the staff did all they could to make up for it-complimentary champaign.

The staff were amazing. It was my husbands birthday and they suprised us with a cake. The private pool was lovely

Better than expected. Amazing Staff and Amazing Views.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The fact we couldn't stay longer!

The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. The Superior room was actually better in person than the hotel photos showed. The pool is fantastic and the food from the hotel was also to a very high quality.

Disappointed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The delux rooms smell of mouldy due to no ventilation in room or bathroom. The beach is shallow unable to swim even in high tide & swimming pool is dated, poor facility overall. The staff are okay but some are quite rude!

Nice tropical setting & excellent coffee

It's not worth it
    • Deluxe Pool Villa - Seaview with One Way Airport Transfer

The air conditioner is bad since it's too cold or too hot. Lot of insects are inside the room. The pool door has a very big area which allows insects to go inside. The property is not disable friendly. There is no privacy in the pool , since all neighbors can look at it. So we never use it. The sea view is not as in photo. The beach is very bad compared with neighbors hotels.

The staff are very friendly The location is very good

Lovely quiet hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Room was a fair distance from the pool.

Good hotel 10 minutes from all the action. Restaurant was being refurbished, bed quite firm. Overall very good but would have preferred to be a bit closer.

Had the makings to be amazing but the renovations let it down
    • Deluxe Pool Villa - Seaview with One Way Airport Transfer

The restaurant was under renovation with no prior notification which was a real let down because we love to experience the food where we stay but as there was a a make shift dinning area around the pool we didn't feel like it was inviting to eat there. But the service and food was great for breakfast.

The room with the pool was amazing Great view of the ocean ,private location and just the right distance from the busy part of town for night life to still be there when you wanted.

Awesome place!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The aircon doesn't work unless you're in the room. It's not a deal breaker in any way but it'd be nice to go back to a cool room after being all day at the beach...

The place is just amazing. The location is perfect as it's not right in the centre (so it was quiet) but just 15 minutes walking through all the restaurants by the beach. The staff is friendly and helpful and I'd definitely go back! :)

50th birthday celebrations
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

Unfortunately the majority of the restaurant was closed due to renovations because of recent flooding, but they made the best of a bad situation

Awesome service, very relaxing. Oh - our pool boy was amazing and Tony - our security guard at the front of the hotel was brilliant, came in every day with our scooter and he would park it for us.

Pleasant Stay, Could have been Better.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

The Hotel was not as cleaned as we liked, there was also a lack of English channels in the Rooms. Also, Taxi services was required to go everywhere.

The location was good as it wasn't too far from The Strip, however still needed a Taxi to get there. The Beach was also nice and right by the Hotel, less than 2 mins of walking.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We will not go there again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Room was terrible, very old style, ugly and not clean. Worst was the smell! Pictures does not reflect the default rooms! We were surprised that there is a scented candle when we got in. Later that day we knew why - smell like sewer. Bathroom overall very old and not very clean!

Not to much, breakfast was decent, location at the beach ok.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Beautiful hotel - shame about current building works
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Prior notice about the substantial building work that was on going, the opportunity to book elsewhere before it was too late would have been appreciated. Very noisy around the pool and beach with building and construction work

The hotel is absolutely beautiful, rooms are large and clean, bathrooms are lovely . beautiful surroundings and love the beach bag and towels that you are provided with. However we booked this as a treat for the last few days of our honeymoon and when we arrived the restaurant was closed with much building and construction work Happening about a meter away from the pool, and very close to the beach. 9-5 drilling hammering etc... It didn't provide the relaxing end to a honeymoon we were looking forward to. Hotel did give us a meal as compensation but it's never quite the same.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Slightly isolated
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Everything is expensive, paying way over the odds for just about everything - especially taxis. Hold you to ransom at 300baht to the strip and 500baht to the airport... which is shameful. There was also renovation work going on which we were not made aware of and it was frustratingly loud all day long by the pool.

Gorgeous resort and huge beautiful rooms. Huge bathroom too. Quite luxurious. Easy access to the beach front. Big buffet breakfasts.

Great hotel, some minor irritations, but overall I would very much recommend it.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

Air conditioning was noisy. Toilet kept filling up periodically - so that was also noisy. The room we booked (at least the pictures of this room) showed a higher up view of the pool villa that looked over the top of others towards the sea - this was NOT the case. Not ALL the pool villas look at the sea - some are on a low level and, although private, lacked the sea view. I would not have been concerned about this, save for the fact that I did query it, twice before we arrived saying we were celebrating our 25th Anniversary ... and no-one got back to me ... we did get a pool villa - but it was on a low level with NO sea view at all. So be advised - not all pool villas are the same!

Bed was great, air-conditioning was cold. Room was neat and clean and the staff we very friendly. We especially liked the security guy who was out front of the hotel most mornings and afternoons.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Bed bugs in my room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with One-Way Airport Transfer

Our room had bed bugs and they attacked us.Hotel management made it up with dramatical discount (20$) from our bill. But We had to spend more than 250$ for our treatment about bugs!!

Just location and employees

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Everything was amazing during our stay
    • Deluxe Pool Villa with One-Way Airport Transfer

we had an outside bathtub / spa for our room it was nice but as soon as we turned on the jet it began to smell

Everything was amazing during our stay The room was fantastic and felt well organised and decorated and had a really relaxing feel and our private pool was clean as well! The bathroom was great - fantastic relaxing shower The pool is alright but what makes it the best is that when the tide is high during the day u step right into the ocean from the back of the hotel and you can eat at the restaurant right by the sea and when the tide is low at night you can walk quite far into the sea The staff were amazing and helpful and so polite and accomodating The restaurant had decent food - the pumpkin soup was amazing and if you don't like it that much u can simply step into the ocean and walk next door to the next door resort's restaurant I would definitely return again