Reviews of Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok 4 stars

75/1 Saladaeng Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bang Rak, 10500 Bangkok, Thailand

#348 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Had to walk about 10 mins to nearest train station. They offer free shuttle service but that only starts at 11am.

Great open space, floor to ceiling windows, convenient location in the heart of town, massage and eating places just nearby, comfy beds.

• Business Suite

Lots of issues on the first night, and wrote an email the same night. NO response just sent a sad looking bowl of fruit. The bathroom not clean and the room service order took over 1.4 hr to receive.

location is good and rooms spacious

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Batroom was stinking. They could not verify the card which I paid with sk they took another payment as a deposit and will be back in a week. Floor and room smell a tabbaco even if it was a non smoking room. No breackfast included

Friendly staff and educated. Good location.

• Business Suite

Lovely location and property. The pool and Jacuzzi is awesome... nice gym. Room was a well laid apartment with all amenities .... bed was comfy and had a very pleasant & sweet stay

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not many staff can speak English well for customer services and communication. Outdated hotel room especially kitchen.

The size of hotel room. Tuk Tuk service to BTS. Good attitude of staff especially Tuk Tuk drivers!

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

The only thing is you need to walk 10mins to BTS, but during 11am to 8pm have transportation from the hotel to the bts

Location is good have a Japanese restaurant next to the hotel sell good food

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No water for most of our stay and considering we booked last minute it would of been nice to know beforehand. Having stayed in other areas of Bangkok we found the location a bit out of the way.

Nice room, bit dated but clean. The gym was ok. Pool nice to but mainly undercover.

• Business Suite

As mentioned above, while they offer us to change the room, we hear every morning a sort of knocking sound in our bedroom every morning (around 8 am).

Location is at the heart of Silom Bangkok; close proximity to SkyTrain; always friendly, helpful and smiling staff; complaints are appreciated (they even offered us to change our room because of the noise we are hearing every morning at room 2108 - and also a free drink at the pool bar)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The aircon was too loud to have on at night, rattled. Rooms were tired and old. Bathroom was dirty with WORMS. Staff didn’t seem to care.

The Rooney is all new and glitzy, but unfortunately the rooms are tired and old. The air con was too noisy to have on at night. The bathroom was dirty. There were worms in the bathroom, in the bath and the toilet bowl, despite being on the 12 floor. Told the reception and she didn’t seem to care.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Every time we visit Bangkok we stay at the Bandara Suites Silom. The hotel is in an excellent position and the staff couldn’t be more helpful or friendly. I would highly recommend anyone who wants a great location and beautiful hotel for a reasonable price to stay here!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a recurring noise coming from water pipe in out apartment. We escalated that and they changed our apartment to another floor. They also gave us a free breakfast - so that was a good gesture from hotel.

I booked a 2 bedroom apartment and stayed for 16 nights. I loved the apartment and its views. The hotel does not looks that great from outside but the rooms are pretty good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very attentive staff..I booked prepaid for 13 nights but my brother passed away on the third night. Even though it was a no refund booking they gave me a full refund. .Thank you!!

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Nothing really ! It was a perfect stay.

We had the apartment with 2 bedrooms and it was perfect for a 4 nights stay- quiet but central location, spotless apartment and a very nice and lively pool area with bar to relax in the evening and to cool off after a day of sightseeing. Airport pickup and transfer went smoothly as well. I can absolutely recommend Bandara Suites and will definitely come back when I travel to Bangkok again.

Room facilities at old building at the Residence is really old and dated. We ended up changing the room to a deluxe suite at the new building. Don't remember seeing the photos of the old suite during booking. It's better to show the correct pictures to avoid disappointment. We were lucky to be able to top up and change the room to the new building. Else it would really really spoil our vacation!

Big rooms

• Business Suite

- Small bathtub that was very slippery and hard to relax in without sinking totally beneath the water - Overpriced minibar items - Ridiculously overpriced room service (just ONE example: mango sticky rice is around 50 baht on the street; here it was closer to 300) - Couch not secured to the floor in any way, so it slid around every time we sat down - No dish soap provided in kitchen - Had to wait downstairs during check-out so that the room could be checked - Was able to take a shower without running the bath tap, but could not turn off the shower even while taking a bath. The options are to run only the shower or to run both the shower and bath simultaneously.

- Comfy bed - Nice view from upper floors (as opposed to the 11th floor, for example, where the bedroom window of the right corner room looked directly onto the neighboring building) - Good closet space - Safe provided in room - Very polite custodians - Foodpanda was allowed to deliver directly to the room - Short walk away from 7-Eleven and some restaurants - The smell of the room was surprisingly pleasant despite being a smoking room - Checkout extended to 4pm (from the normal 12pm) for just 500 baht

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor standards of cleaning and staff was unable/uninterested to help. The first room was fine in terms of cleaning, just I had to kill 4-5 small crawlers which came on towels and/or clothes... The second room I moved to, despite the million dollar view, had a much worse issue. The mattress cover had clearly not been changed and I found large stains of dried bodily fluid all over it...I reported this to reception and got a really poor acknowledgment of the seriousness of the problem. They told me housekeeping was not available due to the late hour and did not make further suggestions! I asked that they send clean bed linen for me to change the bed and they did. I showed the staff member who brought the bed sheets the stains and he also did not show signs of shock and did not offer much sympathy. I changed the bed linen and put the dirty one on the side myself (I would rather not describe the state of the mattress protector I found under the dirty bed linen...). The next day, after housekeeping 'cleaned' the room they took this away. However, two days later I find the exact same dirty bed linen in my bed, same large stains all over the bed linen!!!!!! In shock, I inform reception and, again, they offer minimal support and no sign of acknowledgement of what just happened. They send the same staff member with bed linen for me to put on the bed once I suggest this. The next morning I go in person to reception and luckily find an English speaking staff (all the thai staff I had come across seem to have fairly poor English) to speak to. I describe what happened and got an apology. It was time for me to check out and I would have expected some kind of compensation to be offered. I would have appreciated, for example, for the hotel to cover my breakfast or part of the room service I paid for after making this complaint, something to show that they understand these incidents are not acceptable and they are truly sorry the experience i went through.

I stayed at Bandara suites for 4 nights. The first night I was put in a room that had a poor view and when I requested a move they allowed me to move in a different room with an incredible view of the city the next day. The staff at the pool was quite friendly and polite.

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

The staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful in both providing recommendations for activities in Bangkok in addition to transportation recommendations for navigating in the the city. Even gave us a lift to the sky train because my friend's hip was very sore.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bathrooms and kitchen could be updated as they feel a little old, but still are very clean and have everything you need.

The bed is super comfortable, the Staff are always friendly and have a very quick and efficient check-in/check out. They even let us check-in early since our room was ready. I love the 2 bedroom apartments when traveling with friends, the setup and comfort of the rooms makes it an ideal trip in Bangkok.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location Nice facilities (gym, pool, jacuzzi, sauna) Nice staffs Super comfortable bed They were nice enough to give us our room at 9am even though check in is from 2pm and they even upgraded us which was really nice!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not very good. We stayed for 2 days and breakfast was exactly same for the second day . So if you are staying more than two days, don't opt for breakfast.

Location was good. It was near to the Lumbini park. And also between the high-rise. Value for money.

• Business Suite

The flat screen TV might be due for an upgrade to something larger over the next few years.

Excellent service from the staff. Large comfortable bed. Great location just a short walk away from the fast pace. Reasonable restaurant and room service prices. Everything in my room worked well. Great pool area.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The gym equipment need to be changed. My neighbouring unit was a family suite and they cooked in their room. Thus string smell cane out from their room and into mine. The ventilation need some improvement. I took some time to sleep Cos The food smell was too strong.

My room had the view of Lumphini Park which was great. Clean and comfortable room. With everything a single traveller would need. Real value for the amount I paid for the room. About 10 mins walk to Saladeang BTS and food and plenty of massage and night market.

• Business Suite

Huge and relaxing room (business suite) with a lovely view of the city. Very comfortable bed and a powerful ac and brilliant guest service. The price was very good as well!

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Payment was taken a week before arrival, there was no option to pay at the hotel desk in Baht, so was charged exchange rate on the cards.

Nice and spacious, nice pool and sauna and bar

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

The furnishings are a little older, might need refurbishing, but still comfortable.

The size of the room was extraordinary and the view as well. The staff was very friendly and always helpful

• Business Suite

The shower in the tub was not designed well. When you take a shower water can get all over the bathroom. No shower curtain and the vanity gets drenched as well as the flooring.

Easy walk to night market and train stations.

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Referring to the reviews, I didn't expect too much but it was very very excellent. We arrived as early as 11 a.m. and the hotel directly let us check in with no fuss at all. The bell boys were very friendly as it directed our needs to go to floating market with a private car with a very reasonable price, unlike the private tours available on the line. My room was also overlooking the Lumphini Park which was very pleasing. And, the housekeeping was very punctual and we get 5 mineral bottles every day. As well, the hotel provides free tuk tuk shuttle to go to the nearest BTS station which starts at 11 a.m. However, the location was quite far from main attractions so we decided to go on Grab all the way in Bangkok.

• Business Suite

Fantastic Location in city centre. Surrounded by embassies, very secure suburb. The room is very spacious and great view. Easy access to all attractions. The staffs are very friendly. Recommend to stay!

- Location is a bit far from MRT, if walking

- Super spacious room - Has UMBRELLA, in case it rains. - Nearby has a food market, operating morning to lunch and during weekdays - EXCELLENT CHEAP TASTY FOOD for only 40 baht!! - Hotel provide free tuktuk shuttle service to SILOM complex - Foodpanda offers a wide variety due to close proximity to multiple eateries/resturant

Shower/bath screetched when/after using

Place was spotless. Brilliant facilities. It was a bit out the way from the main sites, but was peaceful which can be handy in bangkok

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool area is a bit cramped with lots of loungers and chairs. But very nice and nice vibe but. ideally hotel would have had two large pools and a more spacious outdoor area for the number of people who stay there, like other large hotels.

Awesome views from our 21st floor room over the city and lumpini park

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Run down in places, in particular pool area needs upgrading. Rooms could also do with a refurb despite good size and comfortable bed. Limited sun exposure in both pool areas due to high buildings blocking the sun for most of the day.

Very affordable given location and overall standard

• Business Suite

Perfect location, we were in the business suite it was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Bed was king size and comfy. Staffs are helpful and professional our room was cleaned everyday. I will definitely stay in this hotel in the future. And I will recommend it to my friends when I get home. Well done to the staff and the management for the good work.

1) Bad smell of rooms, especially the toilets. 2) The water of the pool is highly chlorinated. We find difficulties of keeping eyes open under water even 2 seconds and get pain after swimming. Only get well 2 days later and keep apply eye droplets. All of us, a group of 10, have the same feeling.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Given smoking room. Told I should have indicated I wanted no smoking at booking. Next hotel I stayed at had ZERO smoking rooms confirming my point that no smoking is default these days. I did not feel I was treated at all respectfully and the smoke and inconvenience of changing rooms next day spoilt my stay. Not even an apology.

Location.Large room. Value for money. Clean.

• Business Suite

Sometimes its difficult to convey the location while coming back to hotel. It would have been great if there are road signage for the property.

Starting from the reception till check out the experience was good. Very responsive staff team. Thanks.

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Too far to walk to/from shopping malls, BTS skytrain, local eateries.

Very clean 2 bedroom spacious apartment Free Tuktuk to Sala Daeng station Very polite, pleasant, helpful, friendly staff

• Business Suite

If you want to walk to 7/11 it’s a bit of a stretch. Restaurant and massage place very pricey compared to other in Bangkok. Need Taxi every time even to buy water. TV has only few channels. WIFI needs improvement

Very comfortable business suite. If the living room AC is working you don’t have to turn on the one in the bedroom. Great city view on the 14th floor. Can open one of the windows in the living room

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

a bit old but served its purpose due to location. Receptionist who answered my telephone inquiry was not accommodating. not so Thai experience... I have stayed at not so expensive hotels in bkk but they're customer/guest oriented. For example The Inn Saladeang the ladies are not wearing any fancy uniform like Bandara but their customer service is top notch. Unlike the 3 ladies who always hold their mobile phone while in the reception area.

location. Kun who cleaned our room is pretty nice. Thank you.

• Business Suite

The only down is that is a bit far from the attractions however uber and tuctucs are so easy and cheap there that it doesn’t even bothered us.

Everything was exceptional, staff was very friendly, breakfast was amazing, the pool and jacuzzi were so nice, they upgraded us to the executive suite and it was huge with the best view. I highly recommend this hotel, don’t be scared by some reviews here.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We were looking for a room that would fit the four of us [2 parents and two teenage boys], and this hotel was perfect. We got a nice two-bedroom suite, the boys slept well, and we had some privacy. We got 4 free bottles of water [you are not supposed to drink tap water in Thailand].

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything is super nice,clean and cozy :-) we got complimentary upgrade because we wanted smoking room and it was awesome! Everything is just perfect! Location for Silom is the best!!!! This is our home in BKK :-)

• Business Suite

Bottled water best if no limit.

Spacious room with confy bed & pillows and fresh linen. Big bottles of shampoo and bath soap. Friendly and warm staff. Lavish massage is a must when you’rr here!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is great. Location, inside, i enjoyed it very much. I booked deluxe room, but was given even better one. Sauna is great, no one else was using it, really loved it.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location seemed a little far from some the things we wanted to do, but taxis and tuk-tuks lined up out the front of the hotel. While I didn't use the service there is a free tuk-tuk to a shopping complex.

Staff were fantastic, really helpful and accommodating with late checkout till 1300 free of charge and our luggage stored with full use of the hotel facilities. WIFI stable and fast. Close to Lumphini Park and Vertigo Moon Bar.

• Business Suite

The rooms are a bit dated and the pool area is very small and could have done with being cleaned more. The staff were nice but not very friendly

The location is great, walking distance to the BTS and metro and the bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't included and it cost 10e. Wi-Fi didn't work well in the room.

Good location. Silom metro station 10min walk away. You can come by train from the Suvarnabhumi airport to Silom metro station. Friendly and helpful staff. Pool.

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Rooms were tired, dingy, worn and smelt of cigarette smoke. Fittings were loose/broken. No views to mention from lower floors- looking into blocks of apartments opposite.

Central location close to Lumphini Park. Large apartments with plenty of space, but poorly laid out and disappointing, given the expectations set by the initial asking price.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment are smaller than those pictures in the website. Facial tissue, plastics for dirty clothes were not provided. The front desk called us at 12noon asking us when we are going to check out (as if we do not know the check out time). The waitress cleaning up our table at the cafe was a bit way rude as she made loud noises with the plates and utensils while clearing them away. I just want to tell your hotel that not all fair skin are from China.

The breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Minor - Room (8 floor) looks a bit dated. Bathtub shower screen not effective with water splashing onto the floor.

Room is okay but clean and spacious. The checkin and out were quick and simple. All the staff were very friendly

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bathroom is out-dated, the hotel needs to upgrade the shower head. We stayed in a two-bedroom apartment.

Good location, nice staff and spacious room size.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not really convenient for sky train. Funny system for having to go and buy a voucher for breakfast at the lobby rather than being able to charge it to the room from the breakfast cafe

Nice set up as an apartment, quiet, good block out curtains, clean. Prompt response from housekeeping.

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Check in staff insisting on blocking 1 baht on my credit card even though the room was fully paid and the deposit was made in cash. Stupid procedure which was luckily avoided by a trained member of staff, which she obviously wasn't.

Great Spacious 2 bedroom suite Fast internet Powerful shower

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The executive room was horrible. I had to turn off the first air condition because of horrible moldy smell which spread through entire room. I would please if you can clean air conditions in the hotel regularly (even bathroom air equipments). Toilet had some issues as well and some things were not clean enough. I guess this was my last visit of this place.

This was my another visit of this place and it was worse than before. The pool bar and food there was great but otherwise I am not very happy. For my next visit you can ask even higher deposit (maybe even in high of rooms price) because I am so bad customer. You should learn from other hotels and put some reward program or so.

• Bandara Two-Bedroom Suite

Facilities were a bit old The shower was fixed on the top Not close to shopping mall and convenience stores

Room was really spacious Quiet at night Few minutes tuktuk ride to Central World Good value for money

• Business Suite

Firstly Bandara Silom NEVER recognizes repeating loyal customers. this is like my 15th stay at this property and myself working in the Tourism industry know well that its the repeat customers whom are the brand advocates. I am surprised that the hotel doesn't have a data base system. Anyway this time the room (2007) that I booked was tired, in need of refreshing, toilet broken, air con broken and very loud, bath broken and took a couple of times to get all these issues temporary fixed. The other times the rooms have been of a good standard. However the beds are very comfortable and the hotel is in a great location to Chong Nonsi which is the business district where I needed to be. I certainly will consider other properties too when in Bangkok in future.

The bed is comfy

• Business Suite

They could not find my reservation on check in

The view and location. They let me check in at 12:00 rather than 14:00 but maybe because they couldn’t find the reservation....

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We arrived around 10am and didn't even have to question to get an early check-in. However, the deluxe room with twin bed we booked wasn't available so we got upgraded to business suite for free! The view was wonderful, beds were comfy and the shower was the nicest I've had in Thailand. Excellent customer service 24/7. The location is good too, Silom area itself is nice and the train is just a short walk away. Perfect ending for our vacation, will definitely book this place again when in Bangkok.

• Business Suite

The hotel is in my opinion overrated. The rooms were not clean, I even saw cockroaches in the bathroom... the swimming pool is pretty much covered by concrete and the entire pool area is just not very "friendly". Not to mention we asked the reception to leave 1 hour earlier and 10 minutes after the due time and after the reception called several times, someone literally burst in the room and basically kicked us out. Definitely a lot of room for improvement.

Location was great. Staff was quite friendly and helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Water in the bathroom quite small and didn't hv hot water supply when 2 bathroom used in same time.

Overall is good, clean environment, big room , can feel like stay at home, nice staff.

Everything was great!

Fantastic, huge 2 bedroom apt with great view! Good air condition.Helpful staff. Free tuktuk to skytrain station. Great pools. Fantastic street food close by.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Water pressure in showers very weak, you can’t enjoy this shower at all. Staff stolen some our belongings while cleaning the room. Dust everywhere in the rooms. All furniture old, actually everything is quite old and have to be renovated already. Swimming pool water is 25degrees Celsius which is too cold, we could not use pool because we were frizzing straight away as soon as get in that water. Location is no good, there is no any good shops around, Tesco and Big C are miles away, a couple of 7/11 within 10 minutes walk, which is also too far. There is supermarket in Silom shopping mall 15 minutes away, but prices are crazy there, carrot cost something like 100 baht per kilo, mango 200 baht and everything is the same level of price. Hotel tells size of that apartment 130 sq meters which is not true, it’s about 100 maximum, still enough but why they are lying about that I don’t know.

Size of the apartment is the only positive.

• Business Suite

super position (Silom, close to metro and skytrain); fresh pool; hot jacuzzi; Finnish sauna. All very good after a day strolling around Bangkok. classic 4 star hotel, clean service, cool aircon at the reception, nice rooms (I've seen couple), kind staff, 24h restaurant if u like.

• Business Suite

The breakfast was rather generic. The neighborhood offers plenty alternatives.

Great value for money. Spacious rooms at a perfect location for the Silom area.

• Business Suite

The view. This hotel was chosen for nice view as well. But view from our room were just windows of next building... And shower.. half of showers I meet in Thailand are made to shower a wall. Construction of shower made to make water fall horizontally. So it is everything wet around but to make wet myself I need jump )))

Everything were as expected but a little bit less luxury. Good location.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

no washing machine or guest laundry

Very spacious suite ( 130m2 ), with a large lounge dinning area, excellent bedding and pillows. Excellent Wifi. Tops supermarket and BTS station are 700m and a 7-Eleven is 300m away.

• Business Suite

The bed was a bit hard and the wi-fi issues I experienced were annoying, but like I mentioned, the staff were incredibly responsive and quickly able to rectify the issue.

The service was amazing. I had some issues with my wi-fi and the hotel staff was on it immediately.

• Executive Suite

Gym was just awful. This would definitely change my mind if booking again. Which is a shame as the room I had was wonderful.

Very pleased with the room. Staff lovely. Great location.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Drains in kitchen were backing up took maintenance staff 3 hours and still not unblocked . Key card to lift did not work on 3 occasions front desk staff just re-validated nothing about sorry sir !!! Noise from road still going on @ 3 in the morning !!!!!

• Business Suite

If there is something to hold it would reduce the risk of fall down in the shower room as the bathtub is deep and widely. Only one person can reach Wi-Fi.

Room was big. Good location in Si Lom area. About 7 minutes walk to Sky train stations.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

A bit of road noise but that may be solved by getting a higher floor. Walking into the residence building is thru the restaurant which is a bit awkward.

We had a 2 bedroom suite in the "older" or first building. It had more space than the other building as they were residence style. The location is easy access to Patpong night market and BTS and MRT stations. The staff were fantastic. Breakfast in the hotel is OK but there are many options just around the hotel. Moo Moo across the street is good quality for money but they open at 11am.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Had booked the hotel 24hours before the check-in date for one week stay, but price dropped to 55% the day of check-in. Make sure you get the good deal.

Great location for a family, walking distance to the market, main street Silom, BTS, Malls. Friendly and helpful staff. Spacious and confortable two bedrooms with a nice view. Free tuk-tuk. Thank you to all the Team. We will be back.

• Business Suite

DO NOT STAY HERE. The hotel falsely advertise its facilities. Do not trust the hotel website as it is not accurate..looks nothing like that in person... The room are terribly out dated. The have an old musty smell. furniture is old. kitchen in the suites are a joke it looks like my old college dorm room kitchen. Fitness center is depressing, small, hot, equipment old and junk. no a/c in the fitness room...looks nothing like the website...zero ambiance...zero style..and just flatly misrepresents themselves on their website

ZERO

Leaving

This property was exceptional ...size of the apartment the cleanliness and comfort for such a small price i was actually blown away..staff at front of house impeccably polite and immaculate dressed

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The mini bar was crazy expensive. Spent more on snacksat this hotel than a good night out. The resturant was over price for what it was.

The facilities was good and the view was lovely

Browse Bandara Suites Silom, Bangkok traveller photo gallery