Reviews of Bangkok Palace Hotel 4 stars

1091/336 New Petchburi Road, Pathumwan, 10400 Bangkok, Thailand

#1095 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

5.7

Room was lovely spacious and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unable to book me a taxi the night before departure. First time this has happened in South East Asia. Very unusual. No mini bar in room and no decent bar facilities.

Room was lovely spacious and clean. Food in restaurant was good. Staff were friendly.

The location was a bit far from Pratunam. It's closer to Indra Square. I wouldn't come back again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Other staffs in the bakery didn't know what the complimentary drink was.

The pool view from our room looked great and the discounted room price was reasonable.

they give us connected rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

cockroaches in the room. best suggestion to take them away, turn on light on bathroom in all night time. cockroaches hate the light

they give us connected rooms

5.5
    Dont stay with family only this
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is nothing like 4 star hotel. only entrance is good and nothing is better than that. room are cozy. washroom is not comfortable. really bad experience . AC not working , TV was also not working they provide us damage remote. even one light was not working.. seriously very bad very much bad..

only staff

Terrible experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The fact that I bother to write more shows my unhappiness with this hotel. Firstly, I booked the hotel for 4 of my friends while I stayed at next door st Ramada DMA. 1. On Check-in, the speed of which the staff Check in their staff is really slow. I waited more than 15min. 2. As I check in, I was told the two room only cab have two breakfast instead of 4 person. The staff told me I have only indicated 2 person for 2 room instead of 4 people. My arguement was it says maximum people stated on the description is 2 adults & a child per room. But the staff insist only 2 breakfast and if I wish so, my friends can pay at the restaurant. The welcome feeling in this hotel had completely disappeared. 3. I went next door to check in my family and it took me less than 5 min and they even upgraded me WITHOUT prompt! 4. On the first evening, my friends complaint that after 9pm the front drop off point entrance is shut! They were told to walk on big round the outer road with fear at that late hours. 5. The next morning breakfast, my 4 friends holding only 2 coupons went to the restaurant but were told they they must pay for another 2 breakfast before they entered. They wanted to sign to their room but was refused. They were disgusted and left without even taking the 2 breakfast with Coupons. 6. On check out day, I have to leave my family and friends earlier than them as flight was earlier. I check out mine with ease. I paid for my room while they still sleep in the room and I m gone in 5 min! But when I walk over to Palace Hotel and told then I like to check out my friends rooms, they said No! The staff was unfriendly and told me my friends must be at the reception desk 10 mind before checkout! I told him let me paid for all their room and charges as at the moment but he still refused. I told him I must pay for them now as I need to rush to airport and that I just came from next door doing the same payment with no issue.

From my little experience, absolutely nothing

A comfortable stay at an affordable price, easy access to shopping and travelling
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness was not the best but okay, i was disappointed with the temperature control in the room, the technology is old and found it a little hot during daytime. Internet/wifi connection was a bit slow.

The restaurant was excellent, lots of food varieties and the taste was good. American, Asian, Indian, you can enjoy your own favorites. The lobby area is very huge and attractive. The old furniture gives a great look and a value to the hotel. The staff at the lobby was very friendly and cooperating,

Bad place. Do not stay here.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only the location is good. Nothing else is good about the property. I will never stay at this place again. I could find cockroaches in the room, bathroom and even in the breakfast area on the table.

Only the location is good. Nothing else is good about the property.

if you like COCKROACHES and rude staff this is the hotel for you
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is the first time ive ever had to companin about a hotel but i had to in this case. There was cockroaches in my room on arrival, an old smelly t shirt was left hanging over the chair in my room not really how you would expect to be greeted to the 'palace' I asked to be moved so they they said we'll put you on the 6th floor and gave me the key, when I got out on the 6th floor a member of staff was coming out of the room with a can of cockroach spray so that wasn't the most encouraging sign. The room seemed better at first until I noticed the infestation of ants everywhere on the floors the beds everywhere. I went down to reception to complain again, the staff where rude and where laughing amongst themselves. I then noticed another lady complaining about the same thing. They refused to refund me and in the end wouldn't even engage with me anymore it was deal with it or go. I'd only been there 5 minutes! What a way to treat new customers, but I guess they don't expect returning customers

Absolutely nothing

Everything I needed and wanted, and much more!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I really enjoyed my time in Bangkok Palace! The room was quite big and comfortable, swimmingpool excellent. It is easy to get to airport link, it is just 5 minutes walk away. The buffe dinner was amizing! I deffinitely would stay next time here when being in Bangkok!

Hotel in a good location, close to BTS, friendly staff and...
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

It's bored to have the same breakfast for 3nights stay, not many selection.

Hotel in a good location, close to BTS, friendly staff and helpful from concierge teams,

i really had an uncomfortable stay, was not to my expectation.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the hotel have small cockroach everywhere, on breakfast small cockroach were walking on the table. even in rooms as well. the premises smell bad. this hotel should be taken out of booking.com or rated as a non star hotel.

At best a 3* Hotel. Does not deserve 4 stars.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed was moving as it was on wheels. Didn't have a headboard. Killed a cockroach in the bathroom. The shower tap kept leaking. No english channels on TV

Allowed us to check in early. 10 Mins walking from Indra Square & Pratnum Market.

Overall value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms on different floors are treated differently. We booked the place twice and stayed there on 2 occasions within a span of a few days. First time the room didn't have any coffee/tea. 2nd time check in was much better and room had nicer view. We were told our rooms were "upgraded" the first time but ended up with the same type of room - basic.

Bed was comfortable, place was roomy

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Need to clean properly and pest control. There are cockroaches in the bathroom and even in closet. The door key is always stock inside the knob. The hotel is a three star hotel and not a 4 star.

Nice rooms and value of money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The dustbin in the toilet was full when we checked in (the previous guests) electricity went off thrice in the morning. Room wasn't cleaned even once during the stay and water wasn't replaced either. Staff is not courteous.

Nice rooms and value of money

Pool is nice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location After 21h they close exit to street, so, you must go all around hotel, and surrounding is not so nice

Pool is nice Food in restoran is very good, and you can order anything and after midnight. For that amount..good hotel

unpleasant and uncomfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

really. dirty floor very very dirty and the hotel smells weird and unpleasant. I could see mould and stains everywhere in the bathroom, the receptionists seem very annoyed to communicate with the customers due to the long queue of customers checking in and out, am never coming back to this hotel again coz ew. Thank you.

just the location to be honest.

When I check it, it was full with no king size bed room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about the property, it is value for money

When I check it, it was full with no king size bed room. The reception called miss Supin was very friendly & helpful. She helped me to change to a king size bed room with a superb pool view, she made my trip in Bangkok delightful

if you like cockroaches, this place is for you
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was not happy to see cockroaches in the room. The location is awful - just over the highway with the shabby neighbourhood from the other side. Wi-Fi connection is poor. Breakfast is good just for once.

the name of the hotel

There were bedbugs in our first room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There were bedbugs in our first room. We were offered another room but the view wasn’t as good, and the room had a weird smell. The hotel is right next to a highway and there’s a lot of noice from it.

Do not book a stay here, you have been warned.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The odd occasion when the bar wasn't "temporarily closed" they had no ice, coke, orange juice or understanding of their own 25% discount on the second drink. The carpets were filthy, I walked barefoot along the corridor with a stroller and found my feet were black with dirt on my return to my room. The aircon was mediocre and had it been warmer during my stay inefficient.

Not a lot

Terrible , don’t book this hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is terrible it is impossible to go anywhere in the afternoon, traffic is a joke . The hotel itself is old very old , the staff on unreasonable we booked a twin room when we arrived we only had a king bed we spoke to reception they said no twin rooms left but the still excepted our booking then wanted to charge 800bt for another bed then on discharge charged for 2 beers from mini bar when neither myself nor my partner drink beer , I was glad to check out and change hotels.

Good value for money given the price and location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My card was authorised and the hotel already deducted the payment before my arrival. However, when I arrived for check-in, they asked for payment AGAIN. If I didnt check my statement before leaving for BKK, I would have unknowingly paid twice. Also, they did not update me why they wanted to collect the payment again, despite saying that they will check and let me know.

Good value for money given the price and location

Booked rooms at special rates. A great great way of introducing the hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Large lobby with enough seats for guests to be comfortable. Enough people behind the Registration Desk resulted in not much waiting to register. The separate smoking area outside with seats and a view of the hotel and lobby was great. In most hotels the accommodations accorded to smoking guests falls short.

Nice Hotel👍

They don't allow to pay all charges in US dollars, only in Thai Baht 👎🏻

It's good accommodation & good location with fair price. Nice hotel 😊

Comfort rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is not at Central World as their information on booking. The staffs are not friendly. If you want to catch taxi, you must pay 30B for taxi to enter the hotel zone. The hotel is far from BTS & ARL

Comfort rooms

Not that great
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was very dated. Our bed was on wheels and the brakes didn't work so it moved all the time. We asked someone to come and fix it but they never did. The sheets were stained and had holes in them. The bath/shower drain was blocked and took half a day to drain. The lobby had weird smell in it on the second day we were there. All in all for the price we paid we could have had something nicer and cleaner. We were told we would have welcome drinks and recieve a free drink at the lobby bar - they just give you one. We had no idea what it was and when we asked the attendant didn't seem to interested in telling us.

Check in was easy and they let us get into our room straight away when we were early. The pool was so good to cool off in and was a decent size.

A tepid experience.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Accessibility to the property was not easy. Drivers could not identify the location of the hotel due to the presence of the flyover that blocked the hotel's facade. Grab transport or taxis had hard time locating the address of the hotel.

The female staff at the reception were very pleasant and helpful but not the reception managers or the assistant. The concierge was very helpful when making arrangement for our transportation or answering our queries to access certain attractions.. Basically, I would not comment on the hotel as a negative experience but when comparing my previous visit to Bangkok and the hotel in which I stayed, the overall experience was below expectation.

Not a happy vacation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Have to pay for the float for every single visit to the pool. Not reasonable. Staffs there all not friendly and slightly rude.

The fact that the rates of the room is affordable.

Awesome stay at a very affordable price..great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very satisfactory and so was the cleanliness. Could not have asked for more. No complaints.

The Staff was very helpful. The hotel has a very grand look quite unexpected at that price. The location was very good. Just a straight 10 mins walk towards baiyoke sky hotel and one will reach pratunam market and platinum fashion mall. Three or four 7 elevens are in that area. Many indian restaurants are also there. Taxi is easily available. Taxi drivers charge 500 baht from the hotel to the airport at the most.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

A big mistake that I made...choosing a hotel and paing in advance-No cancellation option in Bangkok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Service was very bad I ordered and paid in advance and when I arrived I asked to leave an earlier day ... they did not accept it …OK. I asked at next morning to change my bed into a big double bed.. only after 3 nights they replaced me only the mattress instead of big king-size bed. Breakfast (that i paid separately) I asked for bacon and eggs I was refused…. Only Omelet….. I had no choice but to take an omelet….. I remarked sarcastically to the manager lady if the hotel is 5 stars or 3 stars ? After 5 minute the agree to serve me the bacon and eggs !!! The list is longer and I made my point about the hotel…I wouldn't give them even 4 stars THX

only the Location

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

it's ok. not good. old hotel with old furnitures.

old furniture

stay here for 3 nights, room is ok but furniture is old, especialy a bath room, a ceiling light is unusable so room is liitle bit dark, free wifi for every room.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The only and only advantage of this hotel is location and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel is too old. The Air conditioner is for 50 years ago and very old too. The key of hotel still is classic key not card key. Hotel is very very noisy and its not good for relaxing at all,It's like a metro station or hospital. Those who where there knows what i am saying. Every Time we go out we saw so many people who are waiting outside or talking very loud. Everything was too old. The staff could not speak english and always we had a problem to undrestand them. The parking and gate was too dirty with bad smell and bad looking and dark, everytime for entering to the hotel you have to passing this horrible way. This hotel is 2 star not more than 2.

The only and only advantage of this hotel is location and near all shopping cenert like Central World or .... it is only 10 min walking

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Room was clean, hotel looks beautiful, worth for the money I...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

At the time of checkout Staff tried to charge me extra money for the mini bar items which I didn't eat or taken or which was not there in the room at the time when I went in to the room. This made me very uncomfortable. From the management, somebody must check what there housekeeping staff does. Everybody must check the mini bar items and their mini bar item list at the time of entering the room. Also there was no toothpaste in the room. Other than these two things everything was nice.

Room was clean, hotel looks beautiful, worth for the money I paid.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

furniture old not updated and not good breakfast.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast,two single stead o one double moving all the time .furniture old not updated .dinner buffet and ala carte menu not good and expensive .not good breakfast not beacon or fresh thai fruit.cake very expensive in bakery . No window in room .snell in hallway.

Staff polite but no enough engljsh

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Breakfast was excellent
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Its average, I don't want say I don't like...

Nothing there at night, so I believe they need to arrange some entertaining events base on visitors.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Wifi connections very poor
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi connections very poor in room. Staying for 4 nites but still no action taken even being complaint to front office. Very dissapointed with the wifi.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Overall a nice place to stay. Staff are friendly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shoul be able to provide info about halal food nearby area.Those who like shopping and accomodation with reasonale price this is the place to stay

Clean and very comfortable. Near to shopping area. Halal food is a bit difficult to find unless willingly to walk around .

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

cleanliness need to improve, hospitality of especially front...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

cleanliness need to improve, hospitality of especially front desk & lobby cafe staff need to be improved.When we wanna enter the bath room there is an animal called animal millipede (and that time my husband took it and put it in to plastic bag and put in the waste basket in the bath and the inform staff in the front office to take it and clean it upagain.

The bed is too hard that my muscle sores th next day.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed is too hard that my muscle sores th next day. The shower tap is too confusing. Hard to get cabs and not easy access to anywhere.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

be the pits hotel service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk staffs are image of hotel but in this hotel,service of front desk staffs is very bad. 1. We checked in for 3 persons on 12.8.2016 and on 13.8.2016 my mother was checked out and we change to other room, requested pool side view, double bed. On 13.8.2016 we change room, the old lady from front desk made our check out and check in to other room.She said no double bed at pool side view. So I said OK. We took twin bed. Then she said again this room for only two pers, so I explained ' yes today only two pers and one is check out. She said again ' what time, when? Check out time is 12pm. What time she go?' This is very rude. I already take other room and I said my mother is check out today and go to other country, only left baggage in my room before go to airport. We go outside the whole day. When we come back, I saw the free double bed room at pool side and asked to FOM. He changed my room to double bed room pool side. 2. No information give to customer and in room notice information is wrong. Pool open time is 7am to 7 pm, in real 7am to 6pm. Then no information give about entrance gate close on what time. 12.8.2016 we came back from night market is round about 9:30pm the gate is already closed. Many customer like us. I called to hotel, he said came in from next entrance. That entrance is side of railroad and very dark. No human on that way. I requested we are 3 lady and one is old. Can you open the gate? He said once moment please and hold down. We wait about 10 minute outside of gate. At least about 10pm we take taxi and go to other entrance side. There have many staff and no one apologies. 3. 4 stars hotel,but room of 3 stars is much better than this hotel. Towel is dirty, bed have bedbugs.Shampoo make my hair dishevelled. 4. My room include free wifi but not support in first day and next day I asked about 3 times the old lady from front desk throw me 2 wifi psw.

HSK staffs are very friendly & helpful. Concerious(door man) also.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Check in problem I will mentation 5 Pex 2 rooms Y0u rate 3000 THB Including all taxis with break fa
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check in problem I will mentationat the time of booking 5 Pex 2 rooms one extra bed. Y0u rate me 3000 THB Including all taxis with break fast For 5 people. But he charge me for one extrabed for 800 THB withot breakfast. so i can feel verry bad expirience of you.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

staff and cleanliness ... worst ever hotel

worst staff and worst property

staff and cleanliness

worst staff and worst property

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast only indian type food no euro food

Do not go to this hotel..it is for indian torist onley
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staf is bad.berkfast is lausey and hotel is not clean

The worst hot i have eber visit

Fair

The hotel looked old

The room service Rice with Basil Chicken

poor
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

staff at reception were and are very rude. They think we Indians are dogs.

in fact location of hotel

It was ok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff spoke no English not enough to communicate.

The design of the hotel

No tooth paste, brush and slippers

No tooth paste, brush and slippers

location is in the city.

wifi too lack.

location is in the city. staffs services very good. but the wifi is very lack. overall is not bad for staying.

The spacious Room, view and area
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cockroaches. Cockroaches were everywhere in the room.

The spacious Room, view and area

Cleaness value for money.

Wifi too lack

Cleaness value for money. But wifi lack.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

location its very bad i was scared there, the rooms like old

the staff its kind

The view

The view

No complimentary bottled water

No complimentary bottled water

Best hotel on a budget at a central location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Could get too crowded with tourist groups.

Everything was straight forward and accommodating. Staff were always helpful.

The property has always been and suits me for transport

All is good

The property has always been and suits me for transport

FO staffs have not warm hospitality.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is not international standard.

Room facility

Good service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front staff good take care

Not considering to stay there for future trips!

Services and Staff Plus Facilities

Hmmmmm

Good

Room was old

Good for budget traveller

breakfast

nothing special, but okay

• Superior Double or Twin Room

no iron board, no water in room, asked for bigsize glass, didnt get it though it was available in the restaurant

Very old hotel and rooms are out dated and not up to...

Rooms

Very old hotel and rooms are out dated and not up to standard plus staffs are not helpful.

old system no update facilities

like lobby

just near to indra market and fare is low cast and breakfast is ok not super

Never come again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

All service except register staff

Register staff

The price was less
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Doesn’t look like anything in the pictures. Too many cockroaches and Really below my expectations

The price was less

Had a great time
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was old school and tv channels were mostly Thai

The Buffet Breakfast and Mr. Pairoj L

Near to airport train

Old

Near to airport train

Bunch of crooks cheated me 1 night on my credit card pleAse...

SERVICE LIARS AND CHEATERS

Bunch of crooks cheated me 1 night on my credit card pleAse never go there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst ever

Almost everything

Fair and will not stay there again
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is bad wifi sometimes no signal and have to find and really slow

Very old facilities