Reviews of Banthai Beach Resort & Spa 4 stars

94 Thaveewong Road, Patong Beach, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#143 of 391 hotels in Patong Beach

I will not recommend the hotel to anyone.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Upon check in the staff starded looking at us and laughing and we couldn't understand why. All what they explain to you about the hotel is what you're not allowed to do nothing about the facilties or any tips on what you can do during your stay. We have reserved our room via booking and have requested to have a smoking room, when we arrived they have said that no reservation was found and we had to wait for one hour to get the room even if we arrived at 5pm. The beach next to the hotel wasn't good at all not what you expect when you come to thailand. I am sure there are better hotels in the area.

Great spot close to everything, amazing pools and good food...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi reliable, staff not very friendly, cleaners gave us extra waters without us asking and we were later charged for them. TV channels limited, but not a huge issue

Great spot close to everything, amazing pools and good food for room service

Very nice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The noisy construction going on at the hotel but wasn't to bad as I mainly where out and about..

The friendly staff and the cleanliness of the pools and great location.

Nice property for a slightly upscale stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel itself is quite expensive and upcharges everything inside it. Better off venturing into the world.

This is an upscale hotel and the amenities are nice, especially the pools and the swim up pool bars. Provided us late checkout free of charge and the beds were very nice.

Breakfast was really nice and had a very big variety of...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is no airport service as we thought it would be. The free shuttle to Phuket town was only once or twice a day and it required a booking of a day in advance. For check out, you need to wait in the reception until they check if there is anything wrong with room.

Breakfast was really nice and had a very big variety of choices. Our view had a really nice view. Room was clean. Location of the hotel is excellent.

Best location, best pools, great service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel has without a doubt the best location in Patong, and definitely the entire Phuket. It has three great pools with a swim-up bar at each. The staff at all the bars are very friendly and professional. I had a newly renovated room and it was great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked for Breakfast as part of our stay, and then discovered we only actually booked for one sitting and not two, was very confusing to say the least.

The location is perfect, hotel is really great, and the staff is soooo friendly!! Great hotel, you have my vote!

The staff were absolutely amazing & the grounds of the...
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

The bed was extremely hard , they put a pillow topper on our bed and it was still too hard for the 11 nights I had to sleep on it and the hair dryer was very low quality and not as powerful as I would have wanted.

The staff were absolutely amazing & the grounds of the resort are impeccable!

the location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was desapointed with the hotel management. I wrote a complaint about an incidente that occurred when I was at the swimming pool, two days before I leave the hotel. Until now I have no reply!!! At least I think I desove an apology...

the location. It is very quite. The breakfast is very good as well the restaurant staff.

Good but they lac Communication.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Still awaiting are refunded as we had to pay twice as I forgot to bring the card I booked the hotel with. Over two weeks now still awaiting. They haven’t emailed me back ones. The noice level in the morning from other guest and cleaners was unreal. So if you want a lay in forget it.

The location was so perfect, shops and bars restaurants right down the street. The hotel was set back from the busy street so it was quite at night. The rooms were lovely and big, and shower was fab. Clean and tidy.

Can’t sleep with aircon on.
    • Superior Suite

Can’t sleep with aircon on.. very loud. 1 jet stream in jacuzzi broken Jacuzzi too loud can’t even relax They were suppose to fix the toilet, they couldn’t. They said they would be back next few hours. Never came back to fix it.

Banthai was great breakfast and dinner at the Port brilliant ,pool beautiful staff friendly 🌞🌞
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We liked eveything about the Banthai clean comfy could not fault it stayed frm 18th t 22nd as we were so disappointed in the other hotel we stayed at .

Phuket is awesome as usual, the only disappointment is the Hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only one socket per room. WiFi is Bad. The sink is outside the bathroom. The room is so disappointing, not worth it to the value of money that we pay. In general, the staff also not friendly including the housekeeping staff. We are not new in Phuket, always stay at the international hotel chains but this time we thought of staying at Banthai to experience Thai warmth and hospitality, but a total disappointment. With the same amount of money, I could have stayed at 5 star rated hotel elsewhere. Will never come again. Not recommended for children as the facilities are very limited.

Great location, great people, great food. Rooms could be updated!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The "service" of the room was very late in the day which meant we never had enough water or sugar or tea when we needed it. Always had to go out to ask for it. They were happy to give it to us then though. The staff work very hard!

The breakfast was great. Awesome variety.

We are coming back in 5 days! Says it all!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cannot think of one thing we did not like.

The breakfast is amazing - fit for a king! BUT best of all is your staff. They are so friendly and helpful. We felt welcome and one specific staff member, Pingpong, at breakfast gave us so much pleasure with his wit and sense of humour! Thank you!

This resort was simply amazing.
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

I didn’t like the fact that I had to come home and leave this resort. I highly recommend this place.

This resort was simply amazing. Highest standard. Would not stay anywhere else in Phuket. My room was connected to the pool ( which was a surprise ) which made me not want to leave. The bar staff in pool A, Tim and his crew were the most welcoming, polite, friendly people ever. Entertained hotel guests with games & music.

Value for money! Great location!
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

The housekeeping didn’t do a very good job. And also accused us of stealing a bath robe when it was left in the bathtub for cleaning.

Our favourite part about this hotel is the pool staff especially Jumpa and the location of the hotel. I strongly suggest a pool villa room! It is the best value in the whole of patong with its position! Also an extra shout out to the staff that helped me organise my husbands suprise birthday! Thank you so much for helping!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is not so nice, toilet has too much water in it and is very low, and it has a bath not a shower so its not so easy in and out.

Very comfortable hotel, our room was quiet, clean and had a beautiful view of the pool. Good size balcony to relax. Also a big bed and when we asked for a harder mattress it was changed immediately, and then changed again when we did not like it. Great and very friendly staff at reception. Loved the control panel on the side of the bed for lights and air - con. Loved the fact that they provide a safety deposit box, beach towels, beach bag and flip flops for free. Perfect location, near everything but set back so very private. Beautiful reception area and pools all around the hotel. Would stay again.

Excellent location and would return
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms, no soy milk available for coffee at breakfast, wine list could be better.

We stayed here due to location and the staff were excellent, facilities great however rooms are a bit dated. Bathrooms could do with a make over. No soy milk available at breakfast for coffee so I drank tea but overall we would come back and recommend this wonderful hotel!

Very enjoyable with good access
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Initially room very noisy however the hotel moved us to a much quieter room

Location was excellent and staff very friendly. Very clean and well maintained.

Will not go back there again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The toilte was very bad, had problem with water and because of the annoying sound couldn't sleep. Electricity went off with no generator (generator only for light but not AC which caused very hot weather) There was big noise ( I think the generator) Couldn't sleep at last day of our stay before traveling (very bad experience)

The location and balcony

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms were under construction which made it very noisy and unpleasant around the pool area.

Great location close to street markets, restaurants, beach & tailors. About 300 meters from the controversial bangla road.

I like its location, breakfast. Highly recommend it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There are a few power cut at night last a few hours, hope they will not happen again.

Breakfast is good. I like their guava juice. They have many choices. Food quality is good.

Very much enjoyed our stay and will stay there again if we return.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi kept dropping, air conditioning did not get super cold, but was fine.

Staff was awesome, breakfast great, pool and swim up bar great. Room was large, comfortable overlooking the pool. Hotel was quiet, but only a 2 min walk to the main road for shopping, dining and beach. Bangla Road was about a 5 minute walk. Provided beach/pool towels. 2 pairs of flip flops and beach bag to keep.

Location / facilities and staff were excellent, a few steps to the Main Street and beach, but quiet.

Wifi kept dropping.

Large buffet breakfast, 3 pools with swim up bar, room overlooked pool. 2 minutes to Main Street and beach. 5 minutes to Bangla Rd and maybe 10 minutes to the junglcylon mall.

Cocroaches in the whole hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff is not very helpful. The rooms and the overall property has cockroaches. The staff are not very customer friendly. Even after we complained of cleanliness issues, we had to ask for a room change. I wouldn't go back to this property ever again. Just being is a good location is not good enough, when the staff and service levels are pathetic.

I liked the central location of the property. It has great amenities.

nice place to stay but the service here might ruin your holiday
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the staff. 95% of the staff's customer service were perfect except for a few. and i'll email in with regards to this particular staff.

the atmosphere of the hotel was great. room is comfortable and clean.

Our stay for 2 days was satisfactory but we will not choose this location for anything longer
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The facilities are tired. The pools and pool bars have cracked and discoloured tiles. Lacked atmosphere. The beds in the room are too low. There are steps into the bathrooms. The staff were abrupt and did not explain the lengthy check in process The cost at bars ++ were far too expensive.

the location is central to the Patong tourist area

Poor. won’t be going here again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This property was filthy. we ended up requesting a room change because the floor of our shower and bath was black and unclean. renovations going on on half the resort meant you couldn’t lay by the pool without hearing deafening power tools. bonus points - the pool area was full of bogans that love to swear and make you feel uncomfortable! Unhelpful staff that weren’t friendly, we ended up leaving 2 nights early and didn’t get any money back. Don’t stay here - there are far nicer places for cheaper.

I wish there was something.

Perhaps I would seek a different hotel next trip.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Separate beds were requested. 2 family members shared one king bed. Smoking room requested not given. Additional full room cost per night was quoted to change room. Breakfast choice was basic and no change of variety each day.

tropical pool, gardens and amenities. Gift beach bag, & foot slips. Robes for use in room.

Nice
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The first room we were given was a complete disaster. The beds were damp. The bathroom had that sewage smell. Only one socket worked. There were sparks coming from the air conditioning unit and that was the absolute last straw. I wasn't going to be burned alive while on holiday. We switched rooms and the other room was much, much better.

Location is ace. Walk 2 minutes and you are right on Patong Beach. There were lots of watersport activities going on in that area of the beach...not a lot of people swimming though. Hotel is next to many restaurants and it's about 10 minutes walk to Bangla Walking Street. Staff are a little clueless but helpful. Apparently there was renovation going on on one wing of the hotel but since we were mostly out during the day we weren't bothered.

Regretful stay! Was probably a great hotel.... 10 years ago!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room I was first given was old, in bad need of renovation, my toilet was leaking, the doors wouldn’t close, the wifi was horrible and the staff were a let down. My room was also directly next to construction that started early morning. I requested to move and they said “since I don’t like any noise” they could move me “ages away”. Rude. I don’t care about noise, just not their construction at 8am?! Then I saw another room and it was 10000x better than mine and it was the same price as my room. Annoying!

The location of the hotel is amazing, the pillows are great and the swim up bars were the best part.

The rooms were clean and made up daily.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little too hard for our whole family but they did offer to upgrade to a softer bed for a fee.

The rooms were clean and made up daily. The resort pool and swim up bar was nice and bar staff friendly. The day spa was enjoyable. I liked the location.

I was of the view meals was included in our package - 10th...
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

I was of the view meals was included in our package - 10th wedding anniversary. Booking.com Room Breakfast plans stated our cost was THB 600 per night. Upon arrival we were told this wasn't included. I was very disappointed since it cost us almost 50,000 THB For the room - week.

Great place to stay when in Patong
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much to really fault... can't think of anything I didn't like.

Location was perfect and the staff were very friendly. Couldn't fault the place and will stay here again.

After reading other reviews just prior to our arrival I was very impressed with this resort.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent if you wish to be close to everything. Breakfast was excellent they even squeeze fresh oranges & have amazing smoothies. Great choices for Breakfast. Room was great very roomy lovely bed and pillows. Staff were extremely helpful and efficient. 3 lovely pools & happy hour. They are renovating at present but we were located into the other building so this did not bother us at all.

Poor, construction noise. Staff good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Building construction plus the fact we were not informed prior to booking. I really didn't like that my Thai wife was stopped every time we came back to the hotel and questioned if she was my partner or not. We will not be staying there again.

The hotel was under construction/renovations and the noise of jack hammers etc.. ruined the pool environment.

Very enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room was an older one to our previous visit, shower /bath outdated as were all amenities in the bathroom

The staff were extra helpful and friendly

Loved it !!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed our stay at Banthai. We were welcomed with drinks and a towel to freshen up. The staff were very friendly, breakfast was lovely, the pools were great, the room was clean, and the amenties in the room came in handy. Great location and walking distance to Patong beach, Bangla road and Jungceylon. We will be staying here again next time we visit Phuket 😁😁

Would only stay here again for the location. Nothing else was good or worth the money at this place.
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

The staff were rude, the room was tiny, the facilities offered weren't great, we didn't even receive a tour of the property & had to find our own way around.

Being able to walk to everything nearby in Patong. Convenient location.

Not my first choice hotel but would potentially return if given a room away from the lobby.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Would recommend to stay in another building away from the lobby. Hotel rooms attached to the lobby area are not sound proof, could hear noise until late at night. Also the construction happening on the property at the hotel was very loud, jack hammers operating for several hours per day.

Location was excellent, very close to Patong Beach and shopping district. Friendly staff members.

Amazing pool if it wasn't surrounded by construction
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel was undertaking renovations which we were not a aware of. You could hear the noise in 2 pool areas, and the other pool had construction happening next door. Couldn't even relax without the noise of banging and drilling so we checked out after 1 night. Room service was soggy.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Went above and beyond.

7 Nights in Patong Beach, Phuket.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Renovation on one of the wings currently in progress. Rooms starting to show signs of wear and tear. Phuket is expensive compared to the rest of Thailand.

Upmarket resort with three pools. Resort is set back from beach road therefore is quiet. Staff are well trained and very helpful. Buffet style breakfast had many choices. Many restaurants and convenience stores close by. My partner did one of the Banthai Thai cooking classes and enjoyed it thoroughly. Free wi-fi worked well.

Lazing in the pool.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The check in was very slow and we were not updated on the progress of the check in. Staff was not the friendliest. Cleaning staff was rude when we requested for water the next day. She refused to give us a bottle of water! Water, can you imagine!? Just not a good vibe from the staff. Not a good fit for such an amazing property.

Great pool and new rooms. Centrally located.

Wouldn't stay anywhere else!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Mattress a little hard, but in saying that it was replaced in no time at all.

Attention to detail is amazing! Every little thing is thought of! Staff are extremely friendly and go out of their way to do anything for you.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Never again!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Overall our experience was terrible. The room had a wet musty smell to it and the aircon was not working on the first night. The biggest issue was that my Kindle ( electronic book) was stolen from out of my case. Yes, perhaps I should have locked it in the safe but the room was locked at all times and it was buried in my clothes and I never actually got it out at all when there. Someone obviously with access to our room went through our things and took it. I found out it was gone when we unpacked at the next place we were staying. We contacted the hotel straight away and several times I might add. On each occasion they said they would look into it and call back but no one ever did. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and thinking the language barrier was stopping them from understanding and calling back we asked the staff at our resort to call. Same thing. No help and said they would look into it and call back but again never did. Very disappointed and upset to lose my kindle but feel so much worse knowing that someone accessed our room and went through our things. Will never go back there and will not recommended the Banthai to anyone either.

Holiday in Paradise
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I think they should look in to their bfast menu. To have the same things everyday is boring especially when one stays for a number of nights

The bfast pancakes were great

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

When location matters :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only downside is the added taxes when ordering drinks at the swim up pool bar!!

Great rooms overlooking swimming pool, location was perfect, walked everywhere. Will stay again next in Phuket.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Great value for the money, friendly and helpful staff, awesome location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I'm pretty sure that nobody in the history of the pool bar has gotten out of the water to pee.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. Room service food was great. Housekeeping was very thorough and responsive and didn't seem to take offense when I accidentally left the lube on the nightstand.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Very good value for money and great location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room service made a mistake in the order and it was not possible to have what we wanted because of him not speaking English enough.

Location: very near to main streets but at the same time it is quite and silence. Staff was nice. Room is clean. Breakfast is fine, good variety of things to choose in the buffet. Fresh orange juice to do it yourself. Good value for money

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Good price, great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room wasn't overly appetising and I would say overpriced for what it is. Only free wifi in the lobby and very expensive to buy it for your room.

The rooms were spacious and the beds were very big and comfy. The staff around the pool were very friendly and the gym and spa were also very good. Very close walk to local hot spots and some very nice restaurants.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great but really lack of wifi.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Free wifi only available in lobby, that is extremely inconvenient and speed is not very good. Really bad room design, especially TV and Bathroom, no shuttle bus to airport, no discount on taxi

great location, great pools (there got three), reasonable price, services are good, bed is comfort for me.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good pools.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel needs a new coat of paint. Wifi not avail in room, only in lobby. Tv channels reset constantly so impossible to watch a program. At $200 nite expensive for what you get.

The service was excellent. All staff very friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Great place location & pools
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No internet in the room unless you pay. These days even real budget hotels offer free wifi. Not enough beds by the pool, and lots of people put their towels on them early in the morning, and don't use them. My advice, if there not there, then take off the towel, and take it yourself.

Great location, nice pools, and very nice staff. Room also nice, but not new, so a few minor things.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Awesome location. Fairly new building.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Renovations near the left building is quite noisy but is drowned by the music at the pool area, so all good. I'm not sure if there is room service for food, but there was no menu in the room. Stayed for 4 nights, so spent around $500 but at checkout, we were asked if we took the face towel. Seriously? But staff were extra friendly.

It's a new building or newly renovated so it is modern and clean. Loved the swimming pool, can stay there all day. Awesome pool bar.

Central location to main attractions within short walking...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed very uncomfortable. Shower couldn't stay at steady temperature.

Central location to main attractions within short walking distance. Multiple pools. Secure compound that also offers various dining options on site.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Customer service 👎🏾
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check in staff was somehow not welcoming. Kept asking for immigration card like as if I am an illegal immigrant. I have stayed at 5 star hotels in USA, Europe and even other Asian countries, no one has been that insisting enough, they will ask for passport only. I called to ask for a complimentary check out at 1pm for both my room and my parents since my flight was at 550pm and a rude staff told me they can extend to only one room and expect me to go down at 12pm and pass the key. Keep saying hotel is fully booked and when I checked the vicinity there were empty rooms at my block. I was still trying to be polite and told them to come up and get the key from me. The rude female guest service officer insisted on me coming down. I said no and you will come and get it from me. I have paid full for the room and expected no less. She kept quiet and said ok after some argument. But due to this unpleasant incident, I checked out 1215pm and went for lunch instead while waiting for my airport pick up at 230pm. The only reason I stayed at Ban Thai was due to a recommendation from personal friends who found the location good. And I usually thought Thai hospitality was one of the best. Even my Bangkok and Krabi hotels experience was way better than yours. And 400+ for 3 nights for this kind of hotel service? Nope. Not coming back here again. No breakfast included. Wifi is not free. Lifts are down.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Can do so much better
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

Front desk staff and tour desk lady had little knowledge of simple questions, and it was frustrating to be shrugged off. Pool wasn't actually dirty but bordered on this. Had come from another hotel with pool access room so unfortunately it was small and not well fitted as a comparison, with a worse location and facilities and more expensive. Extensive renovations which would have been ok if we were forewarned, we only knew about it when we read a card in the room then heard the jack hammering all day every day for the week. Advertised restaurant had been relocated and stage/entertainment area had gone. Can do so much better for the price. If it wasn't for the fantastic pool staff we would have left and found somewhere else.

Pool access room a good feature. Pool staff excellent, fun, helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A great hotel in a great location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was spacious and comfortable. A little aged in some places but overall comfortable. I like that all rooms are facing the pool and they have 3 pools to choose from! Though its right in the middle of busy Patong beach but it doesn't feel so when you walk into the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Recommended
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Taking long time for checking in They take you to resting area and bring papers one by one No power sockets for charging devices near the bed Did't like their policy of photo copy the credit cards for depisite purpose

Worth of money Safe place Clean

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

1. Location
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

1. Only ONE electric plug in the room for charging several electrical devices which was awful! 2. Staff English knowledge was much lower than our last visit. 3. Average breakfast compare to our last visit at 2007 which was outstanding. 4. Air-conditioning has lots of noise when operating and disturbs night sleep.

1. Location 2. Very clean 3. Full responsible staff. 4. Good pool suitable for all family members.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Fantastic place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool played loud music all day. Needed a section with no music.

Staff were super helpful and the room was really well setup. Liked the bonus thongs!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

swimming pool, gym room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1. not proper communicated for the additional charges for the earlier checkin. the reservation didnot mentioned required additonal charge but dependent on thr avalability of the room. at the checkin the staff mention it required 50% of the standard delux rate which it is 3000B. But at checkout, it ask to paid 100% of the rate which is the same as rest of the days. makes no sense to have this charge without proper comunication. 2. there is some electronic generator nearby and noisy over the night. 3. the bathtub is not clean enough.

swimming pool, gym room.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Mid to upper range accomadation, Ticks a lot boxes ,good value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The wifi is not always free depends on what level room you get the downfall but it is free in the lobby area.

Big rooms, comfy super large beds ,great service ,top location. excellent pool with a gym the breakfast buffets are quite good.

Would consider returning!
    • Deluxe Pool Double Room

Liked the location for ease of access to all local attractions and restaurants. Being straight across the road from the beach was a bonus. Would have no problem recommending Resort to others. Ample transport and shops right out the front.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

House of cockroaches !!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cockroachs in my room ! They are everywhere in the room , I've been here more than once, but this time I had unwelcome guest with me...

The location of the property.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Dont Miss BanThai
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

overall the hotel has always given me a good experience in terms of cleaniness, location and service and that's why i always stay in Banthai everytime i come to phuket.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Great location at Patong Beach
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wifi connection was only avaliable in the lobby, in this day and age wifi should be everywhere especially in the rooms.

The location was fantastic, A very short walk to the beach, cafes and restaurant. Close enough to Bangla Road to enjoy a night out but far enough away to escape and relax. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the staff were happy to help with all our needs including booking tours. Loved the pool and the swim-up bars, happy hour was great.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Good Location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1-Tawels not clean & old. 2-Wifi poor connection in lobby 3-No wifi in the rooms 4-Upon check out the staff accused us for the lose of pool old tawels from the rooms, which are removed by house keeping dept and delayed our check out. 5- this is my first time to stay in this hotel & of course will Never stay again in this hotel.

Good Location

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Great stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breaky buffet was great, staff very friendly and professional, comfortable bed and superb room, pool was great as well as the location. Really enjoyed our stay, thank you!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

bad. not worth
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the air condition is really bad it will make noise in loudly. the sound insulation also is really bad. I don't know what kind of reasons make this hotel rate so High.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Great Location needs work
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms are small, but roomy enough for 2. The problems are twofold the beds and all the furniture are way to low for comfortable use by anyone older than 50. Its not that we cant do it, we don't actually want to do it anymore. The noise is a factor as rooms not soundproofed very well.

The location was great, access to everything at the hotel is a walk away.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Would recommend.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Renovations were quite loud, sleeping in was not an option and being in any of the pool spaces was never peaceful.

Super comfortable and spacious rooms, very helpful staff. Location close enough to Bangla road but also far enough that no noise reaches the hotel. All rooms have a pool view.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Good hotel - punching above its weight
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not provided in rooms and was a charge of 500BAHT (10GBP) PER DAY ! The food was average and fairly expensive for what you got. Full of Aussies too

Bed was large and comfy. TV great too for chilled evenings. Location okay as close to activities and restaurants - relaxed at hotel

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Renovations were going on that we hadn’t been aware of. It was very noisy during the day when around pool area.

Browse Banthai Beach Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery