Reviews of Baramee Hip Hotel 3 stars

188/38 Phangmung Rd.(Sai-Kor Rd.) , Patong Beach, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#306 of 391 hotels in Patong Beach

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Air con didnt work properly, staff at check in were rude, breakfast was ordinary

the staff at checkout were amazing and even let us shower after checkout and before our flight

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Should have cold and hot water options for shower in the toilet.

I like the breakfast. It is very simple and delicious. Healthy also. About the hotel. Same thing it is good enough for a simple stay.

Our bathroom didn't have a curtain for the shower so water got everywhere when the kids took a shower and the bathroom didn't have hand soap. There was no parking for this hotel as stated but luckily they have a sister hotel called Andakira right next to it and we were able to park in their garage and in the curb.

I really like the staff. We traveled as a group of 12 with 5 of them being kids ages 8 and under. We stayed there for 5 days. The staff was really friendly and professional. I was worried that they might not like having noisy kids around but they were wonderful and accomodating. I love that they provide two free bottles of water each day and they have a shuttle to the beach. They also provide towels during your stay and when using their pool which was much appreciated. The pool is good for the kids and adults as there is a shallow end and a deep end (but not too deep-4ft? Maybe) If you prefer to walk to the beach it only takes about 10 mins. Location is really good too-close to Bazaan market and Jungcelyn mall.

The guy at the reception was way too busy with himself. He found himself very interesting and overacted with everything he did. After we saw the room we were so dissapointed (dirty, old, depressing, used) we decided to book elsewhere. We didn’t stay there one night.

The entrance and lobby looked ok. Location is good.

• Superior Premium Double Room

Staff (apart from Charlee) were rude, and very far from coming close to giving any kind of customer service. Upon checking in.. We are standing with our suitcase having just got out a taxi the rude receptionist who didn't speak English got very confused to why we were there and even showing her the booking.com confirmation email told us that ”we didn't have a booking and these people had not checked in yet” all in a rude manner. Then lucky Charlee came to the rescue and smoothed things over. Even after this all staff don't smile, don't say hello it feels that they were trying to do as little work as possible. Breakfast was poor as well, very little choice, we checked out after 2 nights and found a Different hotel.

Location was good, just out of the thick of it but close enough to walk to it all. ONE.. Of the staff, might have been the manager, his name was Charlee.. Amazing, the guy needs a pay rise, the only helpful and English speaking staff member there. It was my daughters birthday while we were there and we asked if they could do anything special for her, reception just looked at us as if to say... That requires us working and offering customer service but again Charlee to the rescue and on the day he gave us a beautiful fruit platter.

The staff were bad except for Charlie who actually said hello to us. Room was bad. We spilled a little coffee on our bed .which was still there When the staff "cleaned " our room. Bed was made terribly. We moved hotels in the end.

The pool.

- the room is very small - cleaning didn't happen every day and we had to ask for it - only 1 chair at the balcony

- the location is good - swimming pool

The bed is like sleeping on a brick floor and the shower is pathetic as there is no pressure and hard to wash your self properly. the TV is poor quality and very limited in channels.

The Staff and the Pool.

Air condition was old and very very noisy.internet was free but very very slow . By the time I arrive there was a receptionist makes one hour to make a chek in .so we get the room at 15.00 one hour leather . The Excuse for the room was that is not ready yet and they need to clean it but this was not my fault when you expect people You must have ready the rooms. Room was nothing like the pictures . The only nice this hotel was the pool nothing else .If you have time just cancel this hotel if not you will remember me.

The cleaning lady smiles

Any joiner 500 bhat per person per night Mattress very hard actually i was sleeping on springs Small room Old hotel Waisted my money in wrong hotel

Bathroom door was not able to lock for whole length of my stay and there is no flexible horse shower ,rather only head shower was available..

It is just in 10 min walking distance to Famous Bangla street.

Bed was very hard but I've heard that's typical of Thailand. Wifi was crap ( poor reception, slower than 3G, kept dropping in and out and had trouble logging in again after drop outs ). Other guests were noisy and slammed the doors a lot ( could even hear people on other floors slaming their doors). Room wasn't very clean and quilt cover had some minor stains, I was there for 14 nights and after the 5th night someone put blood on the wall in the staircase and it was still there when I left.

close to Bangla road, shopping center and the Hospital ( I went to have dental work so this was important just incase something went wrong ), not to far from Patong Beach, had good air conditioner in room. Breakfast was good and had okay variety but was basically the same stuff everyday.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The kitchen and bathroom area in the room could do with some maintenance and refreshing. The beds are very hard but that is the case almost every where in Thailand.

The place was well located and very cheap. The rooms are very basic but functional. The common areas are very nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shower was freezing, however due to other hotel visits, I am unsure if this is standard for Thailand, or if we have been unlucky!

There were a lot of amenities close by, with restaurants, bars etc a minutes walk away.

Poor Cleanliness of the hotel.housekeeping staying in the room for only five minutes they only brush the floor and mope the bath that all what they do. Next it has a verry verry poor WiFi at stayed on the 3rd floor and time to time I was having connection I went to complain but the answer was internet is working. I have the same breakfast for 10 days as it was no other choice . I think the hotel need to be refurbished as he didn’t meet my except the picture and the reality is completly different. I’m verry disappointed a lot of things to be improved.

Good cause is close to Bangla market

• Superior Double or Twin Room

When I arrived there was a Broken glass on the balcony and the remains of someone's sick. I decided not to go out there for the whole 3 days and it was still there when I left. Gross

• Superior Premium Double Room

Stayed 10 days 31st Jan - 10th Feb 2018 Where do I start , first we arrive at about 12:30 pm and was told to come back at 2pm I understand the check in policy is not till 2pm but we were never told why just to come back at 2pm, the reception staff certainly need a lesson in customer relations and maybe some extra language lessons to help them out. We went back at the time she said and checked in fairly straight forward. We had room 409 on the 4th floor this was a deluxe superior room apparently first impression was that the room was alright it was a good size, then we started to notice how unclean it was with the bathroom being the worst as it still had hair on the wall from previous guests also the water would come out brown you would have to run it for several minutes to clear this however the temperature of the water. I have put some photos of the bathroom. Next let’s talk about the balcony. Awful - you could only just about fit a chair on there also the chairs were disgustingly dirty not been cleaned for a very long time, I have also added photos of this. We had a kitchen sink and full size fridge in the room, nice to have a big fridge but it was very dirty the top had not been cleaned in a very long time and the seals inside were disgusting this did not improve throughout our stay, even when the maid visited every day she only made the bed and did not empty bins or the ashtray on the balcony. Most days we were given fresh clean towels however when they had not been left we called down to reception and asked for some to be sent up which the point blank refused as there are 2 people in our room so send one down. Also worth a mention at this point of how the maids transport their clean towels/linen... via 2 dirty old shopping trolleys. Cleanliness of the hotel in general was poor, unknown staines on wall in corridor the reception toilet needs a total refit and even a plate next to the lift on 4th floor was left for 5 days.

The location & a good sized bed is the only things this hotel has going for it

Hotel is in the very noisy street.

Helpfull staff. Hotel was full when we arrived so we were taken to other hotel (the Aim) which was brand new, with big swimming pool on the roof.

Room 402 (I think); The bathroom window was boarded up with an old sign and masking tape, the bathroom was mouldy and thongs where required while showering. The room was damp smelling. Rubbish from previous tenant was still in the bin & on the shelves. The mattress had springs popping up everywhere (uncomfortable would be an understatement) The balcony doors didn’t close properly & the floor of the balcony was filled with cigarette ash. Wouldn’t recommend. I stayed at a simalr property closer to the city for the same price & was perfect.

When I left to go to another hotel

We booked a room there for 5 days, biggest mistake ever.. First of all the staff at the reception is extremely rude. We got a bed with a width of 150cm (which we had to measure for our complaint to booking.com) but on the booking it was promised to be “extra large”(181-210cm) I was with my husband and 3yr old daughter. The reception simply denied us a new room or our money back, not even a larger bed. Also the pool water is ice cold, my daughter refused to go in, altough she loves swimming. When I showed my son who was in the area what room we are living in for about 5mins, after going down to the lobby the extremely rude lady started yelling at us and threating with police. It’s just not acceptable. I do not reccomend to stay in this hotel!!!! Please stay away

Absolutely nothing

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We needed something clean and simple to stay just a couple nights within short walking distance from shopping malls. The hotel provided just that but I would not recommend it or Patong area in general to anyone as a holiday option to enjoy Phuket. Our superior room looked much bigger on photos then it was in fact. And sound insulation was such that you could hear everything going on in corridors. We did not like breakfast at all.

Convenient location near the shopping malls area, was relatively quite during the night for Patong area.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Temizlik berbat,yemeklet berbat, aldığım odayı vermediler bizi 4 bucuğa kadar beklettiler penceresiz balkonsuz oda gösterdiker yani netesinden tıtsan elinde kalır 3.gidişim phukete ben böyle kötü bir otel daha görmedim kesinlikle tavsiye etmiyorum

Hiç bir iyi özelliği yok beter ötesi

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Breakfast buffet was very average for (200 baht). Better full english breakfasts to be had locally for the same price. I stayed for 6 nights and on one night, a large group of young men came back from the bar very drunk and making lots of noise at about 2 - 3am. Nobody from the hotel came to quieten them down.

Very good location, within walking distance of Bangla road, JungCeylon centre and the beach. Nice cozy swimming pool next to the bar/restaurant.

house keeping was really bad, (room was dirty, did not get toalet paper, shower gel, shampoo automatically, did not empty trash, did not clean balcony, etc.) very expensive transfer from Airport, (average price was 250 bath in a tourist office and the Hotel organized it for 1000 bath) staff was not kind at all, pool towels were over till noon, etc...

location, price

A Little bit noisy fridge.

Big room,the hotel near the night life, but not noisy located,you can rest and have a night life as well. The shuttle bus to the Beach is a plus. Watter kettle + caffee, tea in the room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathroom & toilet in the same room without any division so the entire floor gets wet when showering. Air conditioning seemed to be eithe freezing cold or fan only at the discretion of the hotel.

Nice size room in a great location

The bed was a bit too firm. Also the advertised airport shuttle -service was non-existant (you basically had to order a normal taxi).

It's close enough to all the activites at Patong beach without begin loud at any point.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed had broken springs. Hotel wouldn't replace mattress or move me to another room despite being many vacant rooms. I checked out after 2 nights into another hotel. They refused to refund.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Horrible room....very hot temperature, bad smell in the corridor, no facilites in the room like no tissue box no kettle no toilet slippers, no soap. Dirty pool opaque water...absolutely opposite of what was shown on booking.com. we booked just one and night next morning immediately we changed the room.

Absolutely absolutely absolutely absolutely NOTHING

Time to refurbish the hotel at least to meet minimum expectation . My room air conditioner sounds like a generator.. Room number 501

The bed is too old and you feel like you're sleeping on the spring that makes ur back feel bad the next morning.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The staff is non pleasant, you are not welcome here. Literally they don't care how they treat customers. They are rude, non professional. Their tour agency overcharged like crazy. The noise at night just impossible !! No refund!!! So that's why we didn't change we wish to change at the first 2 minutes at our arrival. I do not recommend it just so bad. The photos of the room doesn't show the reality of the room.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

1- the slide door in balcony is hard to open. my husband leg gets hurt because the slide door almost fall. fortunately not broken. 2- not all staff at the receptionist give a smile. please give them a training for customer service.

have free shuttle to patong beach n free decorate for honeymoon. in front hotel have a valuable money for massage. cheaper than other shop.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee facilities. Corridors noisy during night with people banging doors & talking. (Sign to ask guests to consider others may help) People from Andemika sometimes used loungers around pool..only 6 loungers next to smoking area for both hotels. Music in pool area not suitable during day when you are trying to relax (not a nightclub) Breakfast exactly the same everyday (we had 9 days) would be nice to vary fruit & eggs or offer a fried rice or pancake 1 day.

Size of room, corner larger balcony, nice pool & trees around pool area. Some staff good & helpful..loaned us a kettle on request. Room cleaner did a good job & polite.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

view is not good (of course its backroad) but have no issue, toilet little bit smelly coz outside air comes in (not from toilet bowl).

Shopping mall is nearby, there are night market just 5 mins away from hotel, people were quite friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The picture of the room when we're doing the booking was one, arrived and checked in into the other. Was disappointed. Very noise because the restaurant just under the balcony.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit far from the beach. Breakfast is simple but asian stile more choice than europian. Do not forget to put the housekeeping green card on the door. Otherwise you don t get water and cleaning.

Hotel has free shuttle to the beach more coach in a day. I prefered an earlyer start to. The first shuttle started at 10 am and the last back 16:45. Free bottle of water each day. Not noisy.wifi is good in the room.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The room i was alocated had a very ugly view,when i tried changing it i was told i couldn't. So i was not happy throughout my stay. Also the shower floor is the same level as the toilet floor which leads to water flowing towards the toilet while i shower,not pleasant at all. The room cleaners do not acutualy clean but only make up your bed and if they come to your room while you are still in the room they expect you to go out.

The front desk stuff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area is super beautiful.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Breakfast was a bit disappointing...Not a big selection to choice from....

Location was good...Staff were helpful and there was a shuttle bus which took you to the beach if needed...

There is only 4 sunbeds for the whole hotel. Someone left their half eaten room service outside our room and nobody bothered to collect it for 3 days.

The hotel was nice and modern.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Breakfast is not a very good selection..Had to go to another hotel for a nice buffet breakfast...

good location...good shuttle bus service and helpful staff...

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The pool area didn't get much sun.

Lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Great location for seeing the resort and far enough away from any noisy clubs. The free bus to the beach was very handy as it was a bit of a walk. Clean and comfy rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Superior Premium Double Room

Booked a premium room. Only thing premium about room was modern tv and slightly bigger room and balcony. Room had kitchenette which was basically just a sink with cupboard space. Sink was filthy. Kitchen had no utilities or utensils. Vertical blinds on window had not been cleaned, ever. Towels and bed linen were stained. AC unit remote did not work. Had to use button on AC unit ( button was broken ). Inside of wardrobe was thick with dust. cockroach fell from ceiling in the shower, so i fixed ceiling tiles so that there where no gaps. Worst thing about hotel was the constant slamming of doors. Constant noise, noise, noise. Room also had door to adjoining room, so you could hear everything they said, or did.

Decent location for beach , shopping and nightlife.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It is very loud, you can hear everything from the corridor, and even from outside. Our room faced a construction site. There is no shower curtain, so the whole bathroom will float after a shower.

Great budget hotel close to Bangla road. I would recommend it for short stays.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

1-) Staffs are very rude! 2-) however I paid double room price for stay alone , 2 night I came hotel with my friend they charged 500 bath each night . 3-) Swimming pool too small . Dont believe pictures . 4-) shower place is bad because they didnt cover with curtain .

Cleaning service

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Dirty around it and got charged 100 baht for braking a glass! Leak in the sealing tiles and bathroom wasn't cleaned had to go and buy bleach

Was good for the price for 3 weeks location ok

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Paid for a double bed and got to singles pushed together wifi was very poor hotel was noisy pool was constantly freezing it got no sun

The staff were very polite and helful

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A kettle and cups could make it better but I carry a heater element and what else is needed to cope better anyway. The safe in 2 rooms kept locking and required the keys to open but no real "train smash"

Nothing really special. Just get what you pay for and no extras. Pool and pool area was pleasant. Quite well located

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Staff was not very friendly. Rooms were very mediocre for the prices charged. First day, they were over booked, no apologies. Switched us to a different hotel for the night, had to wait 2 hours beceause check in time was 2pm. Next day, back to the hotel, again, had to fight with the manager to get a room on time. I was going to call Bookings.com and ask for a refund, then I realized I was roaming and what would be the point. Rooms were broken down and washroom as you can tell by the pics was worse than any cheap hotel you can think of. Overall, very disappointing. Pictures showed one thing on bookings.com but reality was different. Although, the location was great and swimming pool was awesome.

Close to Patong Beach and other facilities. Nice swimming pool with a decent lobby

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very noisy around. Can hear everything to the room. Little bit unpleasant smell. Pictures seem better than hotel was actually. Beds were also a bit hard...

Overall just ok hotel. Just a bit overpriced i would say.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The pool is very small. Furthermore, Someone closed their door room very noisy). Those make me feel uncomfortable and the staff can’t deal with these problems.

The Hotel location is perfect and, also nearby a convenience store, department store, street food, and Bangla road (์Nightlife). Moreover, Nice staff, helpful with suggestions and always welcoming. So, It's ok.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

the TV's are very old and not many English channels I know not a massive problem but in this day and age lcd TV's and the amount of channels out there.the rooms are very basic but cleaned to a very high standard.

location,pool,room shower,the bed was very comfy I stayed 17 nights and slept well every night.i had room 221 which is on the front so could sit on the balcony watching the world go by for a small street anyway.No problem with night life noise also.Beware there is a room fine for extra night VISITOR.My thai girlfriend stayed so I didn't have this problem.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Neighbouring hotel has a constant influx of Coaches and Deliveries all through the night. I was woken out of my sleep every night during my stay due to this.

Property in a decent location. Around a 5-10 minute walk from the main Bangla Rd, Beach and the large Shopping Mall. Room was clean and tidy. Hotel on the whole is nice. Pool and pool area are ok. Little bit of advice, ask for a room at the rear of the property. Front rooms are noisy due to Coaches, Buses and Delivery Trucks coming along at all hours of the night. Apart from that it's a good hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff were unfriendly Strange odour coming from the bathroom Hard mattress Water stopped working for 6 hours one afternoon I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, not even a dog.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Restaurant food not the best and quite overpriced. I ended up sleeping horizontally in the bed as there is a metal rod across the middle. It gave me a bruise. Needs to be changed!

Decent sized rooms with small balconies. Clean. Helpful staff. They came to change my lightbulb at 11pm. Nice pool and sun loungers.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Loudy rooms. Another guests were sleeping with open doors ?!

Close to the beach and main street but not in loudy area. Good quality of hotels cosmetics. Nice, small but really enough size pool. Shuttle bus few times a day to the beach (round trip).

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

We had such an awesome stay at the Baramee Hip Hotel. The air con in the room was exactly what we needed. It was only a short distance to Bangla road and parings nightlife but it was far enough to be able to sleep at night and not hear all the music. The staff were very friendly and the daily house keeping was awesome. Overall I would give this hotel a big tick and will definitely the staying here again!!! 😊

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff at reception are not great.

Great location...10min walking distance to bangla road and surrounded by lights and shops. Hotel room very simple and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Open shower...the entire bathroom gets wet after shower. No options of English tv channels. Breakfast was just OK .

Rooms are cleaned and replenished every day , Helpful staff , nice pool area , free WiFi.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Breakfast is very bad. Even didn't have corn flakes. 4 days in row food almost same.

Room very nice and clean for this money. Hotel provide shampoo, body gel, soap, shower cap, cotton buds. Bed is soft. I got new fresh towels always when I been requested. WiFi is very strong and good & fast connection.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

I like hard beds but this was something else! There was a metal rod across the whole bed. I ended up sleeping horizontally. Mattresses need fixing!

Modern build with clean rooms and lovely pool. Staff came very quickly at 10pm to change my lightbulb. Less than 10 minute walk to the beach and main nightlife. Really good wifi. Great value. Helped me rent a moped. Efficient and polite reception.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool quietly good cleaning good personal

Superb hotel.

Food quality is good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was, condom filled with someone's salty seaload left on the floor with dead cockroach level of cleanliness.

Location was really handy

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Beds are very unconfutable and the shower was very bad and the breakfast was very limited.

The Staff where great and the pool was fantastic.

Shower needs updating.

Comfortable and clean. Great location.

Noting

Good Location, near market, supermarket, 10 min to da beach and the Clubs at Night, swimming pool. Balcony

Restaurant selection for breakfast was limited

Nice overall

Room a bit old and marked

Pool and entrance and staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms do not look the same as in the pictures of the booking site

As is the thing in Thailand the bed was hard

Breakfast was average

Cleaners need to do a better job.rubbish/dust under bed

• Superior Premium Double Room

The security guard was extremely rude.! He was very rude to both myself and my partner.

Location is very convenient, easy to walk to everything

no services in baramee hip hotel very bad

Browse Baramee Hip Hotel traveller photo gallery