Reviews of Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort 3 stars

562 Patak Road, Karon Beach, Phuket, 83100 Karon Beach, Thailand

#18 of 76 hotels in Karon Beach

The staff were very helpful and accommodating.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The towels looked a bit worn out but still usable. Would be good to have at least one fresh fruit juice. The cordial juices were too sweet.

The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Was greeted with smiles and great hospitality every day I stayed there.

Very good!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the elevator was far from the main entrance and had many steps. There is no billiard as shown in the photos.

Very helpful staff. Good breakfast. Beautiful room.

The Best Western Ocean Beach exceeded all our expectations...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Best Western Ocean Beach exceeded all our expectations from airport pick up to airport return. A sincere thank you to the hotel management and staff in accommodating my request for a lower level room following my recent operation - greatly appreciated. The hotel is an older hotel offering Five Star Service, The overall cleanliness of the resort was exceptional, rooms, pools and other facilities. Wonderful and very helpful staff always willing to assist with a smile. Great value and would recommend to anyone visiting Phuket. Thank you for a great stay, Warwick & Marlene

Good location for Karon
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The double bed was 2 singles pushed together, even the quilt was 2 singles which was a bit weird. There is some construction going on near the property which was noisy during the day. The breakfast was always so busy, it was not a pleasant experience.

The location is good for walking to the main strip of bars and restaurants and the beach. There are 3 pools, so it didn't get too crowded. The room was a good size and the rain shower was great.

Fab stay would recommend this hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn't bother us but I'd say not for the elderly or infirm a lot of steps before the lift so you need to ask for lower floor

Great location staff where really friendly.helpful great breakfast ..can't fault it

Fantastic value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only negative is in the evening the bathroom started to really smell. I think this must have been down to an issue with the drains as the bathroom was very very clean.

Fantastic value for money. Great location for the beach, walking distance to many restaurants and bars and taxis outside to get to other resorts such as Patong. Lovely, quiet pool area and nice food from the pool bar.

Unpleasant stay in Karon.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1. Terrible music noise from beach market ( till 02:00 at night !!!! ) every f...ng night ... Even in heavy rain. Bass was beating like in hell.... 2. Terrible morning breakfast que - 700 persons are too much for this restaurant space ... Que was tens of meters long at took up to 40 minutes to stay... children cry, russians who try to cut in ... Mamma Mia ... no words...

WIFI was ok, every day cleaning and complimentary water, breakfast was ok ( then you able to get in )

Nice location, close to beach, restaurants and markets.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

When my family and myself first arrived, we were given two rooms, which hadn’t seen a refurb in quite a few years. It overlooked the staff car park and smoking area. It was very dreary and not what I had booked through Booking.com. No way would I have gone there if these rooms had been shown to me online. So I went to the Manager and explained my disappointment, and asked to be moved to the lovely rooms which overlook the pool. He asked if I could stay the night in the room, and would have me and my family moved the following morning. Next morning we were given two lovely rooms overlooking the pools, as advertised on the Booking.com site.

Nice location, close to beach, restaurants and markets. Breakfast had a wide range of food, something for everyone.

On the whole it was a very enjoyable stay. The hotel appears a bit tired and needs a refurb.
    • Deluxe Family Room

Toilets in room had regular foul drain smell so had to keep the door closed. . Need music around the pool and pool bar area as simply no atmosphere, unlike Fiji! Have to stop regulars saving seats around pool then not appearing for hours. The main swimming pool was filthy which went unnoticed by European guests. It had green bacteria growing on floor and walls of pool which was prevalent during our whole stay, hence we didn’t use this pool.

The room was large and air cond worked really well. Breakfast was excellent with great variety of food. Nice of them to provide a shower room for late check out. Staff very friendly eg man who always provided coffee at breakfast and senior English speaking receptionists very helpful.

Overall was good, however, would not stay again as it was overpriced compared to patong resort
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Transport was arranged for resort to pick us up from the airport which didn’t happen so we had to pay for an expensive taxi instead - resort could have rang and asked where we were as lines were so long in the airport it delayed us for at least an hour an a half. Our bags were not carried to our motel. A cold drink on arrival would have been nice

Breakfast every morning was amazing

The room was fantastic and the location was ideal
    • Deluxe Family Room

The massages were quite light and not very thorough. The ones in the centre were cheaper and were more worth the money

The room was fantastic and the location was ideal

Breakfast was very nice - I don't know why don't the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Was sad to know that the sea-view rooms are deluxe rooms only. Well... all of them are 'sea-view' (or pool view) but some of them have a roof-view, loud-road-view, a=lot-of-trees-view. I got a room with road-view hahaha. Had to ask about a room on the higher level. (personnel were not very happy to help me it was like 'errrrr oooook we'll try but don't promise') so I got it - with half-roof-half-sea-view. But the views of sunrise and sunset were just breathtaking. You have to walk along the crazy traffic road to the beach. It didn't really feel like a beach holiday... The beach (Karon) was so crowded those days. Further from Patong than I expected. Tuk-tuks and taxi are expensive (like 350+ bath). But alright, I just didn't read the other reviews carefully - everything was already mentioned before.

Breakfast was very nice - I don't know why don't the other guests like it. The territory of the hotel is tremendous! So much like jungles! I didn't meet any spiders there - which is very important to me actually. The beach is not far. Room service works pretty fast. Cleaning service did their work perfectly - free water every day, sheet change as well.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Good room with good sea view
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lunch and dinner of the restaurant kn the hotel is normal and the price is a little bit expensive.

The room is really good with sea view. location isgood and it is about 5 minutes walk to the beach.Good breakfast.

This would have been even better if NO smoking at the pool.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

SMOKING at the pool was bad! You have people seating very close to each other with children breathing smoke. Need to add NO SMOKING 🚭 hotel needs to change policy!

The gardens around the hotel is great. Service of the staff is the best I have seen in any hotel in n Thailand. WiFi is also fast in the room and around the pool. That is a big plus.

Excellent adventure and thank you Best Western for helping!

nothing bad to say.

The staff went out of there way to help you. All meals were excellent with a different variety of items every day. Do not have a single complaint. I would stay there again.

Good for price if you're not fussy about a lot of little problems.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Property is on a hill and not recommended for people who have difficulty walking or elderly. Television remote did not work, reported it to reception on day one but was never fixed. Same with room safe, did not work. Doors and windows all warped and did not close properly.

Rooms big.

Absolutely loved our stay with you, would recommend you to anyone visiting Thailand
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

If there was 1 thing it was our bathroom the position of the toilet roll holder was behind the door that is the only thing l can think of so such minor issue

The staff were lovely so pleasant & helpful nothing was too much trouble Loved the pools our bedroom was overlooking the lake & beach such beautiful gardens Great location for us to stay

Air Con was fabulous and you could leave on when out so it...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

TV options limited English speaking channels Breakfast options eggs and omelette to order would be preferred

Air Con was fabulous and you could leave on when out so it was cold on return Maid service was exceptional

A great overall experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a shame and we didn't complain at all but we had a crying child in the room next door the whole 9 nights which kept us awake a lot, we in hindsight perhaps could have asked to be moved.

The welcoming friendly staff, were so helpful, the restaurant staff were happy and nothing was too much effort.

Very happy and I will come back
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is a construction site nearby, however it wasn't noisy.

I am very happy with the Best Western Phuket OceanResort. I definately coming back and I highly recommend it to friends in Australia.

High quality Hotel, High Best Western standard, could be rated as 4*
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Good location, only 5 min from the beach. Rooms are far away enough from the street in the back so you don't get disturbed by traffic. Good breakfast with daily varying meals.

Excellent..would go there again

See above re stairs

Excellent staff and facilities. Breakfast great. Well maintained and clean. Slight disadvantage were the stairs. Ok for us but not very disability friendly.

Relaxed stay in laid back Karon
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Elevator can only reach level 1, 3, 4 and 5 (of the 7 levels) as the resort is build on a steep slope of a hill. Using extra stairs is inevitable to get to your room. During my stay I have some power blackouts. Not recommended if you have difficulties with stairs.

Quite part of Karon, but center is just a short walk away. Most rooms have seaview. Rooms are spacious and very clean and has everything you need, including kettle, safe and a large fridge. Wifi is free and speed is above average. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is ok. Restaurant is very good and prices are moderate. Atmosphere is relaxed, even around the three pools. AC is excellent.

Good option in Karon Beach!
    • Deluxe Family Room

My brother and his wife and baby stayed at the suite and it is huge. However, it is a bit of a hike going there and with a baby it is quite hard. The pool is quite small. There are 3 pools but the other one is being repaired, the other one is at the top floor which is too exposed to the sun so everyone is in the other pool downstairs. There's not a lot of guests though so it looks fine.

The rooms are big and comfortable. The breakfast spread is just okay. The spa is enjoyable and has a good price for a hotel. It is near the beach although my brother didn't go since they have a baby and don't want to walk too far.

Good value for money near Karon Beach!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

While I like this property and would consider staying again, there are some things I found just okay: 1. There is a bit of a hike going to the rooms. I think this is not unusual for Phuket hotels though because Phuket is hilly and all other hotels seems to have stairs as well. 2. It is not right across the beach because of the pond/lake in between. I had to muster all my will after breakfast to go and see the beach and when I did, it was all worth it. Karon Beach is so pretty and relaxing! 3. I found the breakfast a bit disappointing. I was excited for breakfast because the reviews seem to be raving about it but the cooked dishes have poor selection, for 2 breakfasts, they only have pork then for our last day, they had fish. There are also veggies and noodles though and bacon and the usual fruits, yogurts, cereals, rice, soup/congee, omelette, etc. so it is still a good selection but maybe I expected more (because of the other reviews!). For the value that we paid though, I think this is enough plus I enjoyed having yogurts, fruits and muesli for breakfast. 4. The tuktuk ride going to Patong costs THB 400 one-way. 5. Same with the walk to the beach, it is a bit of a walk going to Karon center where the restaurants and massage places are and since we have an infant in the group, taking the tuktuk to Patong is easier than walking to Karon center.

The staffs are nice and friendly. They go out of the way to help your concerns. The aircon in our room was not working properly so they shifted us to a new room and gave fruits and flowers for the inconvenience. When we shifted to the other room, I think we kind of dropped/misplaced my husband's wedding ring and we thought we lost it but while we were on the van going to the airport, the hotel called and said they found it by the mattress when they searched the room again so it's a good thing that we are still not far from the hotel and we were able to go back and get the ring. The rooms are newly refurbished and are comfortable and big. I agree with the other reviewers which said this hotel is value for money. We paid just around SGD 200 for a 3-night stay with breakfast (the hotel has promo I think because it is low season) so it is really good value! The property is walking distance to Karon Beach. However, there is a lake/pond between the property and the beach so it is quite a 10-minute walk to the beach. I liked that they offer yogurt and muesli for breakfast. My mom and sister in law also enjoyed the in-house spa.

Not a best western experience, not worth the money
    • Deluxe Family Room

The location, the facilities are old fashioned and weird, the dining room is just uggly and looks like a canteen, there were spiders, and the food was awful

not much

Great stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked room with garden view, buy since it was our honeymoon, the hotel upgraded us with a sea view! It was amazing :) also, their room service is very tasty and fast! We were very satisifed with the accomodation - room spacey, bed big and comfy, clean bathroom..

We'll deffinitely stay again here!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's time to update the table tennis rackets guys. They are a bit old and broken.

We were extremely satisfied with the experience we had in Best Western. Staff is amazing, rooms are big, clean and comfortable. There are 3 great pools so it was never too busy. Breakfast selection was enough to make almost everybody happy. Bonus, we love their fitness room with table tennis and pool. We were playing table tennis for an hour after every breakfast and had so much fun.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Staff were great, restful resort for all travellers
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

TV channels were mostly foreign

there was enough to choose from at breakfast- the 2 big pools are lovely and deep and there was enough room so you didnt feel crowded.

Peace & relaxation
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A quiet resort only a block from the busy main street, restaurants & beach. The view from the balcony was pleasant, staff were helpful & breakfast was generous. Great value for money. (Tip: the hotel does a better price for a cab to the airport than we could arrange elsewhere)

Great staff, location, pool, food
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Little bit of building work going on next to hotel but couldn't hear much noise anyway

Got upgraded from superior to delux! Friendly staff great view of the sea good swimming pools

Nice place!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This property is over looking Karon beach and is about 100m from sea shore, breakfast had quite a wide spread of dishes, value for money. I will come definitely come back again.

Location is walking distance to Karon town
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Need to have extra coverage specially raining day. Gym Equipments are very old and minister space Others facilities no really up to standard.

Location is walking distance to Karon town

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good Value hotel without all the unnessary frills
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor drainage in shower which created flooding problem in bathroom.

Staff very efficient and pleasant. Breakfast of a good standard each morning. Hotel located close to the beach and within easy walking distance of Karon or 5 minute Tuk Tuk to Kata and 15 minutes to Patong. Rooms basic but very clean and well maintained with a/c and good Tv reception and free wi fi.

A very nice stay, reminiscent of SE Asian seaside resorts of the 1980s and 1990s.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The resort is a little old but very clean and comfortable. The grounds are pretty and there're no mosquitoes. The pools are a good size and not too crowded. Breakfast is ok, everyone should be able to find something to eat. Karon town is fun to walk around too.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Well situated, great pools & good value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The food was great and excellent value. Loved the 3 pools. Easy walking to the Temple market and other shops. Use "Tom Tom's" taxis across the road, friendly helpful & reliable drivers at a reasonable cost.

Higly recommended, stunning views.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The availability of lift is from 1st floor only(sometimes too tired to take few steps). They don't have double bed quilts, they provide only single(two) quilts for double bed as well.

Everything is good and as described. Their spa is excellent and worth the money. Breakfast is very nice and lot of varieties. Views are good, stayed in a sea/lagoon view room. The staff are really good.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great place for a quiet stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The higher floors required climbing about 30 steps to the first floor elevator which was a problem for one of my party, so this should be considered when older people intend booking. The area is significantly smaller than Patong with much fewer choices but, many people appreciate the quieter environment.

The facilities were excellent and the service great. Very friendly staff and great view from the higher rooms. Breakfast was superb.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Perfecto !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We thought this hotel offered excellent value for money. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff were very accommodating. The area is situated in a good location, about 5 minute walk from the beach and the hotel offers beach/pool towels too. The breakfast buffet was very good indeed, including the meals we ordered for lunch and tea! Very clean, inviting and comfortable choice of accommodation! We shall be back

Great hotel..my second visit !!

Only there are no shops near by eg 7/11

The service and all staff I came across are wonderful. The breakfast was good and value for money was excellent. Pool nice and clean

Free Room Upgrade
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The tv channels weren't good, there wasn't any English channels. Only thai, french, indian, and russian.

We paid for a standard room, and they upgraded us to a superior room with ocean view. The pool, breakfast, staff, services, and location was great.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

enjoyable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

breakfast area too small. room overlooking green roof.

The property was well situated to beach and town. Breakfast was not a good experience no room long wait to have breakfast due to small restaurant. The breakfast was nice though and good selection but they need a much bigger area to have breakfast. Also our room was lovely but our view was overlooking a green roof not good. I would stay again but not in that room with that view.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Amazing service and value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facilities are a bit old

The staff was extreamly helpful and friendly. We had to cancel our last night when we were already there, since we need to leave Puket earlier. Then, they refunded all the Monday for the last night, even they allowed us to use the facilities after checkout, including a shower before taking the taxi to the airport in the evening. We booked including not only the breakfast but also the dinner. Including the dinner is a great deal, since you can choose one entry, one main dish, one drink and one desert. Basically, you can take anything from the menu no matter the price. The food is great both the Thai and the international one. For the Italian food they even had a dedicated Italian chef, which tells a lot about the quality. Overall we had an amazing stay there, is well located and it was a great value for money.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

For the orice we paid, it was a bargain as the rooms were...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

For the orice we paid, it was a bargain as the rooms were luxurious and had a great view. The breakfast was really good as well and justa few minutes walk from the town centre and the beach.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Nice clean lovely hotel in great location

Everything was brilliant

Nice big bed good clean bathroom with shower, and lovely balcony facing the sea, people moan about so many steps well am sorry we were on 4th floor and at the most it's about 20 small steps to the lift, breakfast was excellent loads to choose from and all presented nicely and fresh

Great beach location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is big so breakfast is busy. We visited off-peak and still had to wait for a table some days because of the limited space in the restaurant. The staff do their best and prepare the tables as soon as they are available though. The answer? Get up early for breakfast. One day, room service left our air-con below the recommended temperature which we didn't find out until we returned in the evening. Other than that we had a lovely time at this hotel.

We had our holiday to Karon beach 23rd-26th April 2017. This hotel was within our budget and conveniently located near to the beach. You could stay within the hotel boundaries if you really wanted as there are pools, a spa and a restaurant. The beach is very close - 5 minute walk - and there are many restaurants, cafe's and bars along the nearby streets. The hotel provides beach towels with your reservation which is also a big bonus.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I have a Thai wife and the guys on the desk at night always...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have a Thai wife and the guys on the desk at night always wanted to see her ID like she was a prostitute i think your staff should know who they have staying there

Excellent value for money in the lovely resort of Karon in Phuket
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Could have been better if we had been able to stay longer.

Breakfasts were excellent with fantastic choice. Pool areas and beds clean with a lovely cooling outdoor shower. Fresh pool/beach towels supplied daily. Great pool bar with good choice of food and drinks at reasonable prices. Clean room daily with fresh linen and towels. Excellent and very welcomed air conditioning at no extra charge. Complimentary coffee machine in reception.

San Tun good
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

1) All hotels in Karon are separated with the beach with the great traffic road. It is just dangerous to reach the beach because all cars and motos haven't never stopped for pedestrians even on pedestrian crosses. 2) Exchange office near the hotel was always closed when the girl became working there. When it was the man inside the exchange office was open always. The girl is a lazy person. 3) I asked for late check-out before the trip but i managed to get it only in the hotel paying $40 but they forgot to prolongate the key and last day I had to get up-stairs 2 times in the extremely hell heat because during the first time the door of my room was closed though I have paid before. I didn't forget to pay but the hotel didn't care about me.

Sea view is wonderful, high-speed wi-fi, excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Best Western Karon,Phuket.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was full of Russians and Germans. The boy looking after the seating and towels around the pools was very Rude towards me . I think he needs to be in another position,not dealing with the hotel customers.

Breakfast,Pools,Some staff.

Good Hotel at OK location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

-Toilet smelled damp even though they cleaned it well, which affected the whole room.......(Solution = had my A/C turned on for my whole stay to refresh the air, which of course is not good for the environment.....BUT, what is the alternative..........AND it worked)

+ Good location even if the lowest part of the hotel ends up close to the main road, which disturbs (if you're easily disturbed). Ask for a room at the upper part of the hotel. + The breakfast was, for a three star hotel, very good with a splendid variety and long hours (06.30 - 10.30). + Good cleaning of rooms, big rooms with a big balcony. + Nice pool areas (three of them). + Had dinner three nights at the hotel restaurant, and I have to say that it was well over what I had expected. Superb Pizzas, fantastic Masaman Curry and a nice Thai Chicken with Noodles. + Shuttle service booked via the hotel worked without problems (both ways). + Water and beach at Karon Beach was surprisingly clean!

Fair
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There were huge rats near the swimming pools closest to the restaurant at night. I dare not swim for fear of leptospirosis. Cleanliness needs to be beefed up.

Service

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast time can be a little busy with a chance that you may have to wait in line unless to get there early.

Excellent location for the beach and night life and market. Clean and spacious rooms with modern bathroom and shower. Breakfast selection was good, although the evening menu was a little limited...not a problem as we only ate there on one occasion other than breakfast. Excellent value for money would recommend and stay again...3 pools with plenty of sun loungers.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Everything was just perfect for this price and our child...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was just perfect for this price and our child liked it's pool. Even breakfast was better then in other hotels in Phuket (including 5* hotel).

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Good price in a good location hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Towels were old and grey. But if you ask they bring better ones We were in a room which was near to lobby so the stairs were not problem for us but there are a lot of stairs

Near to the center Clean enough Breakfast Price compare to the other big hotels in Karon

10 days in Phuket, Best Western Ocean resort.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We didn't like the lack of maintenance of the whole property. So many little things could be fixed to make it much better. The food was very average - poor with the exception of breakfast which was ok. The photos of the restaurant area gave us the impression it would be quiet since it was empty in the photo but it is very busy and noisy and open to a very busy main street. The taxi to the airport was a small car when we had bags and golf clubs - this should have been considered when booking the taxi. We had ants in our room which returned after spraying and the bathroom was clean but very run down. Despite being lower cost, it really could do with a boost. The pools were hot and not refreshing. The spa was fantastic, the ladies were just lovely and the prices were fabulous. We had a long massage each day. We liked the way the hotel was set into the cliff and was built, the view was lovely and it was in a great location to go to places easily. It just needs a fix up and it would be much better.

We changed rooms because the first room was small and old fashioned. The second room was bigger, cleaner, more open and more modern.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Very dated hotel although clean
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Reception area is very dated and needs revamping Some of the walkways are broken stone with rubbish

Breakfast is average but adequate Lunch round the pool was very good and pool area is clean Good location in Karon

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

A lovely holiday experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No true cultural experience, very Western

The location of this hotel is ideal, in the middle of things at Karon beach and yet set back from the hubbub. The staff were all friendly and courteous, the room was spacious and clean and the pools a welcome respite 😊

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Not only a great hotel but a great base too
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all, we stayed an extra 2 nights, you provided flowers for my wife's birthday FOC, great stuff guys

The English breakfast for me and all the different fruits for my wife

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

100% recommended!

Nothing. It was great.

The location was amazing, facilities and staff were great. Breakfast - was a lot to chose from and tasty. Beds were big and comfy, room was spacious and clean. We left an already pre-paid hotel prematurely after 2 awful nights and came to Best western and it saved our holiday! Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Wont return
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Guests are very very rude eastern europeans, germans and russians. No manners whatsoever! Had a tired, old room on the 3rd first with cockroaches and then was moved to the 4th floor to a brand new room with sea view.

Good location although Karon is boring but its near to the beach

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Very relaxing by the pool all day.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The gym equipment was a little out dated. And quite small.

The whole hotel was very clean from rooms to the swimming pool hotel staff were friendly and helped out when asked. Restaurant was very nice and food was v good.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Lovely view from top floor where we were.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Stressful breakfast situation.Very good food but very crowded.Some of pool bar personnel could be more frendly (smiling would help)

Lovely view from top floor where we were.Three real beds for our family of three.Pools nice and clean.Morning 'Pool patrol' very efficient and friendly making sure pool lounge chairs were available.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Wonderful resort
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We spent our last days to back home in Best Western Ocean Resort and we were satisfied. Personal was friendly and helpful. Special thanks to John R. (By the pool and restaurant) who was very frendly and helpful. Most of staff speaks English well. Resort location is very good - near to Karon beach and near to markets and dining places. Most of time we ate in hotels reastaurant and food was very good - recommend! Breakfast was also good with lots of choises. There are 3 different pools wich was clean and cozy. Lots of sunbeds for sunbathing. We loved our stay. Thank you and see you next time. Reception organised for us taxi to Phuket Airport for 750 thb. All worked very well.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Very good hotel with charming trees around the pool
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Too many guests from an "eastern" country that are rude, invasive and noisy Repairs should be engaged on certain parts of the building and swimming pool terrace floor

Swimming pool, view on the sea, room, the food, very gentle staff, the garden and the hill behind the hotel

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Karon trip
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Overpriced if compared to location, few restaurants and pubs are about 800 meters away. Furniture and mattress outdated

Breakfast, but sometimes you have to wait in que to get seated. Swimming pool was great.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Great value
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room was near the lift and the constant use of the lift and noise from guests was extremely irritating and we were only there for 2 nights. We heard quite a bit of noise from guests slamming doors which seemed to echo along the hall and this woke us up but the noise was the only negative.

Staff really friendly, we arrived before 2pm and we were allowed to check in early. Great location and Cleanliness was great. Finally a hotel that had a decent shower with proper hot water! Nice pool area.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

The cats were a little noisy at night.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The cats were a little noisy at night. At one time there were five outside our room. The towels were really clean but were often discoloured to a greyish colour and not particularly fresh. Many probably needed replacing. Apart from these two minor things we really enjoyed our stay ...would happily return ...and would definitely recommend to our friends and family. The staff were particularly friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Worst experience
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing !!!feel cheated for the amount and the days I have spent in this facility .

I couldn't believe that Best Western trusted to put their name on this facility !!! Line ups every morning for breakfast ,not enough deck chairs at the swimming pool ,location opposite a pound full of mosquito and bad smell ! We paid as much as we could stay for 5 stars ! Cockroach the real big one was the complimentary gift on last night in our room ! Cats on our floor .sorry but our experience was terrible and we left the facility 8 days before ending our vacation . Best western I'm so sorry that I'm a loyal member of your brand .

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great location & friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, rooms cleaned every day. The continental breakfast was really good and so much choice. Definitely recommend to stay here, within walking distance of Karon beach, restaurants, shops etc.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Dont go anywhere else, lovely place
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Petty thing but bathroom towels, I used better ones on bathroom floor at home. As Best Western are a huge hotel chain replacing them wouldn't be that costly. Also no Christmas lights around the pools this year, shame when all the other hotels have them

Location is first class. Plenty of choice for breakfast. Pools are beautiful. Rooms are spacious Couldn't recommend enough, our 2nd stay

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The steps to the upper floors were heavy going in the heat

The 3 swimming pools were a bonus and they also supplied you with towels for lounging around the poo , free wi-fi everywhere , good location , great views.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Fine for the price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms are past their best. Fridge had rust over the bottom of the door. If you get a room on the same level as the pool the view is of the air conditioning units from the floor below and not very attractive.

The hotel is situated not too far from the beach and the nightlife. The roof top pool is excellent and has a great view over the area.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Near the Beach and Very good view
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

First night was awful, they gave us the worst room in the first floor. It was dirty specially the bathroom. Staff was not nice not even in the first or second visit, they just do exactly what they have to do, but there is no service attitude. Several pools but all of them were somehow dirty, to be honest those don't bring the willing to take a swim.

We booked this hotel twice, because we wanted to spend a night in Koh Phi Phi, anyhow. Hotel is 200 m away from Karon beach, location is excellent. Second visit was better, they gave us a nice room on the third floor and with a very beautiful view to the beach and sunset. Food is OK, not a huge variety but they have several fruits in the breakfast (for us was good because we came from a tropical country were we have lots of them).

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Awesome stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My room with ocean view was excellent. The staff are friendly & helpful. The pools are excellent. The location is great with just a short walk to the beach & rooms are away from the road to ensure a good sleep. The wifi is good & I was able to stream HD in the room with no problem. I'd have to be picky to mark something down & from what I read of other reviews the complaints were non issues. I'm keen to stay here again some time.

Browse Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort traveller photo gallery