Reviews of Centara Karon Resort Phuket 4 stars

502/3 Patak Road, Karon Beach, 83100 Karon Beach, Thailand

#31 of 76 hotels in Karon Beach

6.1

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The response to a request was amazing. Almost as you put the phone down they were knocking on your door to assist. Very nice pools. Very close to busy streets but yet far enough not to hear the noise.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff are very friendly and inviting. Wherever you go staff always great you with a warm smile and a good morning or afternoon. Customer service is excellent. The grounds of the property were lovely. Staff pay close attention to detail to the gardens and flowers cleaned and watered everyday. Rooms were big and clean we were upgraded upon arrival as we were a family of 7. We booked with credit card assuming the payment was taken out already but it wasn’t and we obviously had to pay at the end our stay which was fine as we wasn’t too bothered by this but would of been nice if it was made clear upon booking. Close by to restaurants and bars beach is a 5 min walk. We didn’t have food in the restaurant so we couldn’t comment on this. They have 3 pools throughout the hotel the adults is more to the entrance of the hotel but we were staying at another part of the grounds. Pools were clean and the one we were at had a bar. Overall lovely hotel and would recommend again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lifts were slow/area outside rooms corridors should be brightened up- look old. Staff at breakfast aren't very accommodating or polite Food in hotel is dear although it is good-two taxes put on every bill.

Breakfast was great and pools were lovely. Adult only pool was nice. Gym was good. Area at pool is lovely. Location is good right in the middle but hotel itself is quiet. Staff at front desk are very helpful. Cleaning was excellent-toiletries and water replaced daily.Proper hairdryer in room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Facilities and pools are a bit old and worn out. One pool was quite dirty. Food is mediocre, the hotel is full of Russians and the wrong kind of Britains...

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I specifically asked at reception when booking out to have my rooms checked so I could speak with them if they found issues with the room. But the girl said she would do this later. I have now got to wait until I end my trip to find out if they have taken money from my account and I will have to try and deal with it then, if the situation arises. Not happy at all with this process.

Foood and facilities

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Only down side is that the hotel food isn’t in keeping with the prices 10 seconds out of the resort. The quality is just as high on the Main Street restaurants as the hotel. For atmosphere boasting in the evening around the resort I would review the pricing structure as we had to venture out

Everything !!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Terrance pool is quiet and relaxing. We played tennis every morning during the stay; the court looks old but it is fine, at least the net is in good shape. :) Stable wifi connection. Great breakfast. Nice band show at night time, especially the night of Thai Food Street.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was very spread out. A fair bit of walking. Which is fine. The drinks at the bar were quite expensive.

One of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were hoping that we would end up dealing with her for most of it. We arrived early for check in and they did t have space so they put us up in other accommodation for the night which was very nice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room cleaning should be improved, especially bathroom area, fungus was found near the sink.

Location, great and beautiful territory, helpful staff, swimming pool for adults only, delicious breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Was very hard to get a sun lounger every day as people would put their towels down and go off for the day not giving anyone else a chance. (Even though it says on the beds that if towels aren’t being used for over an hour they will be removed) that obviously didn’t happen..

We stayed in Patong for a few days then to Karon beach and it was so much better! So many restaurants still and close to beach. Staff were very helpful always and room was beautiful

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We were overcharged for a meal we had at the hotel and the restuarant manager wad so rude dismissing my husband. At the end of the day it was the fault of his staff.

We got an upgrade to a villa which was wonerful. We went to look at the room we would have got and would not be happy to stay in it it certainly would not have been worth the money.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Prices for the drinks in restaurant and poolbar are too high

Breakfast very good Great pools Nice entertainment of the Carpe Diem Team for the kids Great food in the Lotus restaurant. Convenient location near shops and restaurants. 5 minutes to the beach.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very expensive when you are there, cocktails are 241 but you have to have the same cocktail even though they are the same price. 25ml of Baileys was 260bht. All the prices are +10% for service change and +7% for VAT.

Staff and pools very nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Extra fee charges for kids activities.

The resort is very neat and clean and well maintained. Breakfast was a wide variety and provided for many cultures. My son enjoyed the outside activities provided by Carpe Diem staff, Sandra, Monika, Katy and Johnny and built a special relationship with them.

We had a sea view room and this side is very noisy with music until late at night. Staff not so friendly especially at the kids club and breakfast very average quality

Nice pool for kids and good location

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They asked for 5000 baht at check in for the room. I think they should tell you this when booking as they don't accept Visa debit card I had to pay cash.

Excellent staff. Had dinner in both restaurant. Food was great. Would highly recommend

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We didn’t like that we didn’t book for longer !

Location was good, swimming pool was very clean, The staff were kind , helpful, with can’t do enough for you attitude. Apartments were all spacious, well maintained, and the cleaning staff did a great job. When we arrived we were so please tha there was fresh bottled wat (every day) coffee, tea , fresh milk, juices, and even some bread, for some toast, on our first morning ! We would definitely go back.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lack of customer urgency by staff in restaurant and bar areas. Not willing to go out of their way for anything. Also when dining constantly asking for basic items such as cups, salt and pepper and if we could get coffee. Lack of urgency very much so to customers.

The facilities, rooms and location was very good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is simple and nice. Outside the hotel there are plenty of restaurants and shops. My kids love the Swimming pool so much. They had lots of fun over there. The staffs are friendly and kind.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing really..only thing very minor was my husband wasnt a fan of the stairs at the end of 10 days . But he has bad knees

Fantastic location, great staff, great food and drinks. I cant fault it we are already booking again

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I've been to many of Centara hotels, however, this journey at Centara Karon Resort is disappointing. When we arrive at the hotel lobby at 12:30 pm, after providing my booking certification to the servant, I was told I had to pay again while I remembered I have paid the fee when I book the hotel at booking.com. People make mistakes, But the staff of the Centara Karon Phuket handles the situation in an amateur way. After I checked my booking receipt and provide the English version to the Senior staff "Looknam" trying to prove that I have paid my booking fee and try to figure out how to solve the problem. Ms "Looknam" told me that we should contact booking.com ourselves as she asserts that she didn't receive any money from booking.com. And then she starts to pretend that I wasn't in the lobby. My wife tried to ask her for wifi access to make the internet call to contact booking.com while she said that we didn't check-in yet and should not give us the wifi access. Be noted that at that moment, I have already paid my deposit and try to solve the misunderstanding between ur hotel and third party booking agent!!! After 30 minutes we get to contact to customer support "booking.com" , and was told that they will contact the hotel to solve this problem. And then I waited another 30 minutes before I went to ask "Looknam" if she received call from "booking". Well, she didn't wait I finish a sentence and told me to sit back to the chair and wait. And after another 30 minutes, one junior staff came and told us that we have already paid and no need to pay again but the room will only be available at 3:00 pm. I live in the hotel in 4 days but until the end, no staff came to me and explain what really goes wrong and no one apologizes for has us wait for at least 1and half hour at the lobby. And for the room, the amenities are old with ants and mosquitos everywhere.

The location is good, that's the only thing that I can remember. OK, massage not bad too.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Travelling without children, the room was next to family pool / activities. Very loud music thru day, noisy kids. Room service tray left on landing for 2 days! Without hot water 3 days.

Walking distance to the beach / shops/ markets / pubs / restaurants etc. Adult only pool Spa facilities Happy hour/ nighttime entertainment Staff very friendly Gardens beautiful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lagoon room was too damp but when we communicated this they quickly upgraded to a tropical room. Food onsite was too expensive however there was plenty of alternatives withing walking distance.

Pool and entertainment team. Lovely grounds and relatively quiet location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing of note.You would be hard to please if you didn't love this Resort.

Everything from the staff, facilities pools and dining was top class and security great.Taxi service from the Resort was reasonably priced for touring around.About 40 minutes to the Airport. People very friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I wasn't happy that I had to pay extra deposit for 2 rooms which wasn't stated online when I first booked.

The hospitality was superb the staff done an awesome job they made us feel welcome from the day we got in, overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The mosquitoes in the room and at the resort. Bring lots mozzie repellent!

The pool was fun and there was a good selection of food items at breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We loved everything! The hotel is gorgeous and very clean. All the staff are lovely, and so many activities for the kids! Perfect location. Hotel is close to the beach, shops everything! Will definitely be staying again

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The prices of the restaurant were ridicously high...

Room size, and position (laguna) opposite the swimming pool at the ground floor, very convenient especially if you have kids! Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Getting sick ruined it a bit but nothing the resort could do about that they were very nice, caring and helpful about 2 family members being sick

Location and activities and facilities for kids were second to none

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was clean and comfortable. Personally I have discovered that I prefer staying in patong where there is more to do but Centara Karon was a lovely hotel with friendly staff. I avoided the overpriced restaurants and ate at alot of the street vendors. Food is always better tasting and cheap.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Rooms quite old fashioned and balcony too.

Good big pool, no kids, kids more at other separate pool. Silent inside teritory. Close street of restaurants of Karon city. Beach like 10 min go, but not clean at all.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

really slow staff, it took them about 40 minutes to check us into 3 rooms.

returned my watch I left at the bar. allowed us to keep the luggage for 2 days while we were on on Phi Phi

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

More activities for kids safari club. Our room was too loud at night with the music from outside. Service at breakfast was slow when we asked for extra napkins. Have more signs pointing to lobby as walking around was a bit confusing.

Kids loved the slides. They had fun in the playground. Like that the playground is covered. Breakfast was plentiful. Location was convenient.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel can do bit of touch up. Old and smelly in some areas. Cleaning can be done better. Family friendly place though and in general it wasn't too bad!

Location is good, staffs are friendly(most of them)

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Internet wasn't free and to go to the beach you need to walk 5 minutes on a very trafficked road, not ideal if you have a small kid.

The staff is very nice. We asked to change room for my parents and they did it very quickly. The room was clean and spacious (we had a free upgrade to the villa) and the food at the restaurants was very good.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Evening entertainment rather ordinary, the "super deluxe" room we stayed in needed a makeover.

Great location but that's the issue...there's everything the hotel has within a couple of hundred yards only it's cheaper. So unless you intend using the hotel facilities think twice before booking. Also,due to a family emergency we arrived one day late but was the hotel willing to refund us that one day as a goodwill gesture - NO! And that's even though the hotel was only half full. Swimming pools and breakfasts were fab.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

On arrival had to struggle with luggage it was late around 7.30 pm and no one helped us however when leaving the following morning which was very early 6am staff where very helpful .

Very comfortable room

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I lost my watch, staff were not helpful and drove and left me at an abandoned police station on my last night, away from my family and friends. Not great. If this had been dealt with better, I would have rated the hotel excellent.

The facilities and the Azure restaurant were great

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

there wasn't anything I didn't like, and being a Virgo I am usually a walking critique. But this time in the one week I stayed here, I could not find anything to criticize!

The carpe diem entertainment team was really caring for our kids and maximized both our and our children's experience of the hotel. The front office personnel were also great in handling guest expectations. The staff, the management, the service and architecture is simply great for families with children. We will come back.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sunbeds.. need replacing as do the pool towels

Several people had gastro enteritis including ourselves after having room service. The place needs a facelift as looking very tired in places

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I booked a double superior which consisted of two single beds pushed together. On the plus side they were beyond comfortable.

Location is great! Hotel very professional! Greeted with a smile daily. Rooms cleaned thoroughly everyday.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No lifts in the lagoon rooms section. No full shelter from main building to lagoon section.

Kids-friendly swimming pool! Close to the beach! Big breakfast spread!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I booked an ocean-view room, but was not allowed to stay in it because I was told it was too small for two adults, a 9 year-old and a 4-year old. Strangely, the Holiday Inn Phuket (a great hotel) had no issues with that and the family was all very comfortable. Instead, we were up-charged and put in a "family deluxe room" in the Tropicale wing, where we had a nice view of someone's backyard from the front door. (They cooked some great smelling food at night though.) To be fair, the balcony had a partial view of one of the three pools. Oh, and the Tropicale wing was so far away from the main section of the hotel, we had to be transported in a golf cart. It made for a long walk to/from the entrance of the hotel. Let's talk about the room, it was small and felt cramped (I guess I should be glad I wasn't allowed to stay in the ocean-view room). The A/C had to be kept at 62 F/ 17 C to keep the condensation from the humidity at bay. Raising the temperature any higher resulting in the floor, windows, TV, beds ,etc. becoming visibly wet. This made the tile floors slippery and dangerous to walk on. In addition, the bathroom flooded one day from a plumbing problem in the room next to us. We tried to stay OUT of the room as much as possible, because when we were in the room it was so cold we had to be in bed and under the covers. Karon is definitely quieter than Phuket but, I was not expecting everything in Karon Beach to close at 11 PM every night. We went to bed hungry one night because all the restaurants were closed. The beach was a longer hike than I had envisioned and there is no direct access to the beach from the hotel. You have to walk on the main streets, which can be quite busy, past several restaurants, bars and a few retail stores to get to the beach.

We picked Centara Karon because of the family-friendly reviews, the pool pictures and the concern of being too close to the Phuket/Bangla Rd night noise. They have 3 pools and main pool lives up to the pictures in every way. My 9 and 4 year old daughters loved the slide. The staff was friendly and they have many activities for children, although my kids chose not to participate in them. The hotel is courtyard-style and very spread out across the large property. The shrubbery/flowers/water gardens are well-maintained, making for a peaceful, serene walk to/from the main entrance. The ocean/beach at Karon Beach is cleaner and the waves are bigger than Patong. However, the amenities are significantly fewer. Parasailing was available, but that was about it. There are facilities available to shower and use the toilet, but those required a fee and closed early in the evening.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

our first room was overlooking the pool but far away from reception and the kids pool. we changed rooms and paid for an upgrade. Didn't really like the beach but found Kata beach on our last night which beautiful and very picturesque. wouldn't stay in Karon again.

bed was comfy and bed linen lovely

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel Alcohol, Spa Treatments and Food costs extremely expensive in comparison to Thailand average costs.

Comfy Bed

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Aesthetics could do with some updating.

A little dated aesthetically, but still a great place to stay.

staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

No view except onto roof

Central to bars and beach and shopping

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The environment around there is bit messy!

The staffs were very friendly!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool towel collection was not near the pool. The hotel taxi service desk staff is rude.

The pool was great for the kids.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Huge comfy beds. Very accommodating & friendly staff and beautiful grounds.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Had to wait over half hour for luggage transfer on check out

Excellent family accommodation

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a little tired but overall good

Facilities and location were excellent.

None.

Large rooms, friendly staff, clean pool, very good maintained gardens.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location, friendly staff, lovely breakfast

Loved it all

2nd time staying at Centara Karon and we loved it

Nil

Location Friendly helpful staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything..excellent, would definately stay there on my next visit

• Superior Double or Twin Room

breakfast was amazing staff incredible. Only thing second time I've booked with booking .com and resavation not booked and no transport pickup

The heat

Buffet breakfast fantastic

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Unbelievable and No free wifi and chargeable for the shuttle bus to Batong

swimmingpool

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed was very comfortable

No lifeguards at pools

Swimming pools lovely

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff friendly great pools and facilities for kids super handy for beach and shops restarrant etc

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My duration was very short.

Swimming Swimming and Swimming.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The rooms at the building. The halls are old and unattended

Service Quality and the swimming pools

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Check in

• Superior Double or Twin Room

good location there are lots of restaurant and exchange shop nearby. Hotel the swimming pool facilities are very comfort for children.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

The friendly people

Everything about the place I loved

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

2 restaurant serving breakfast. The one at pool area is not so crowded.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms and furniture were quite old. Needs renovation.

Location, spa, garden and swimming pools were perfect. Staff were helpful. Food was also great.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Prices

3 pools and green territory.

The lobby staff can be impatient sometimes

Room service are very good

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We loved the staff ! What a great team. Loved the location.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms were really old dated needs a good re vamp

Liked the kids pool