Reviews of Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit 5 stars

100 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Patumwan, Pathumwan, 10330 Bangkok, Thailand

#261 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

None.

Excellent location ! Its a 5 mins walk to the nearest BTS (Ploenchit). 7/11 was just opposite the hotel. Room was big enough for a family of 4. Staffs were helpful and they are fluent in english. The staffs were able to get us cabs during the peak hour. They also make sure the the drivers know our destination and turn the cab metres on. Will be back to this hotel in our next visit.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The hotel is getting “tired” in look. Upholstering the carpets soon would be good as well as changing to newer towels. Current lot is getting thin and rough.

Location location... size of 2-bedroom suite for a family of 4 was very ideal.

Nothing noted.

I have stayed a few time there and been always satisfied. The standard room is of a good size, comfortable bedding, tab and shower and some basic tableware equipment including a refrigerator and microwave oven that enables a quick snack for the busy business traveller. Wifi functions very well and you can control reasonably well the airco! The staff are very polite and helpful and took account of my requests; I was given a room straight away even if early arrival, very appreciated after a 14 hour trip. The location is top, sky train, shopping malls with variety of food halls, restaurants etc. within 100-500 meters!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We liked everything. No complaints.

We loved the spacious room sizes and the Japanese style toilets! Staff were friendly and courteous. Welcoming spacious lobby. Food was also good at the breakfast.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I saw 5 stars hotel. But that hotel class is 3 or 4 stars hotel. Because that hotel too much noise in the room. We couldn't sleep at night

Hotel locations is very good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No bar or alcohol available on site. Very limited restaurant and breakfast offering, with limited catering to Western tastes in the breakfasts and lunches. Generally small and overcrowded restaurant and lobby that is not designed to welcome people to stay in those spaces.

Comfortable, well-priced room with a view and good facilities and easy access to Bangkok public transport. Spa was also good quality and easy to access.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Improve the sound proofing from outside! My room faced the road and it was though there was nothing between me and the outside. A window and sliding doors to a balcony that obviously offered no buffer to the noise.

I needed it for its location to the Embassy. It is a nice place, clean and well looked after but the noise in the rooms from the traffic outside was deafening. I couldn't sleep .Not a wink! That is why I wouldn't book there again. Lots of good things about the hotel but if you can't sleep then why bother?

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As above, proper five star hotel great all round service and experience

Real 5* hotel near BTS train stop, fabulous breakfast, exceptionally friendly and knowlegable staff, top location, room with balcony and great views. Stayedd many times, consistantly superlative, great value for money, cant praise the hotel enough

Nil

The hotel exudes charm. It has a calm and welcoming atmosphere in both the public spaces and in the guest rooms. The location is very convenient for access to shopping malls , skytrain and some of Bangkok's leafiest streets. Staff are charming and efficient.

• One-Bedroom Suite (4 Adults)

no shuttle facilities to nearest public transport. location rather out of the way and resulted paying extra for taxi fare. no warm welcome from staffs

The space of the room, the clean linen and bed is comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Perfect location for me who travel around town with BTS a lot. Literally a stone throw away from Ploenchit station and very easy going around. Prime location indeed. Food is alright and the fact that they always supply four bottle of water instead of two everyday is really great! The heat in Bangkok can be deadly lol

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

After reaching BKK and having trouble at the airport, Grand Center Point was a breath of fresh air. We were greeted by the friendliest and most helpful staff, stayed in very comfortable and pleasant room. The lobby smelled so good always, it was lovely walking in there after hot day outside. We got checked in early FOC after hearing that we’ve been traveling overnight and we were served with a refreshing drink. Breakfast spread was the best we’ve had in Thailand. Every single staff member was smiling, patient and helpful that made our stay a great one.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The price was lower than I booked when I checked during the stay period.

The location is perfect, very easy to access the BTS and Central Embassy department store.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

clean less , they cahnged the policy of changing bed sheets from every day to every 2 days and if will check out on 4th days they will not change till you check out , window still not secured for kids , unfriendly staff

• One-Bedroom Suite (4 Adults)

The room has only 1 bathroom. The taxis that we get from hotel, hotel gets commission for that, well I think it should be an added service for the hotel.

I liked that our room is very spacious. It has food that we can eat that is free and water is provided daily. Our request of late check out is granted.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The swimming pool is small for kids.

The cleaning service is great, availability anytime for your convenience. Taxi service team is helpful and work smart.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room 2615 facing Wireless Rd , loud traffic noise as sliding door not double glaced . Room & toilet insufficient lighting . Right retractable LED reading light was faulty , not repaired inspite of complaint to reception . Noisy aircon was serviced after complaint . Shower standing space was too tight . Bedside switches were out of reach . ‘Low’ aircon speed was still high .

Fast check-in . Reception helpful with request . Good spread of Asain & Western breakfast . Large room sufficient wardrobe space . More than others bottled water 4/room , promptly topped up each day . Complimentary packaged snacks & breverages topped up each day . Nice pool & gym . 5 min walk to Skytrain . Walking distant to new Embassy Central & Home Pro / DIY malls .

• One-Bedroom Suite

In this trip spaicaly I was sad from what happened to me, First night as we check in late midnight at the time I want to go to bed I found that the bed sheets and pillows covers and all others were not changed since the last gist left. I called the recipient and she took an action at same time by sending the room boy to do the nesasery. And they are thankful but what I don’t like the action of the management In such kind of case for regular gist. The second incident is during the break fast time with the cook when I asked her to remove the skin of the boiled egg as I have problem in my hand and she start with big NOOO in front of other gists and still waiting of management of the hotel infistgation and action but I didn’t receive till today any email in this regards .

I like grand centre point long time me my family and friends . I can say that it’s my home in Bangkok.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Heard ambluance alarm every night. It's a little bit noisy.

We got free upgrade of the room. The room is much better than I expected. Love the balcony with nice view.The staffs are really helpful.Really enjoyed staying this hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only thing was the air conditioning unit was noisy and sometimes didn't seem to work correctly.

Excellent location, service and facilities. We felt looked after from the beginning and staff were professional and very friendly. Great view and a very comfortable room.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My room was a little bit noisy from the traffics outside compared to the other room I’ve stayed in last year.

Location is only 2 stops from Siam & 15 minutes walk to CentralWorld. I like the balcony to get fresh air now & then, especially when I’m staying there for 6 nights. Good size room, clean & the amenities in the room.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It said there was construction work close to the property that was not a problem they did not say there was a night club next door very loud music into the early hours

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning a bit noisy

Modern room, large and comfortable bed, balcony, clean, not crowded (fast check in/out), very polite staff, location (close to train station Ploen Chit), price

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only negative for me was that there is no alcohol served in the restaurant. I like a beer with my meal but had to settle for fruit juice. Suffice to say that after the first night I went elsewhere! There does not appear to be many restaurants in the immediate area but this was not an issue for me as I just caught a train to Siam where there were plenty of places to eat.

Room was clean and comfortable and a good size. Staff were friendly and professional. The food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced although no alcohol service was a negative. \ Very close to and easy access from Phloen Chit BTS Station (exit 5). Its only a 5 minute train ride, or a 30 minute walk, to the tourist shopping and restaurant areas at Siam.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bedsheet and covering are too old, not so comfortable

Location is very convenient , easy by walk to the nearby scenery, restaurants and malls. Breakfast and swimming perfect

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Good location. Ease of moving around and also many mega malls are nearby. BTS station is within walking distance and plenty of eateries around the vicinity of the hotel. Convenient public transportation is easily available. Nice spa at the 30th floor but need to book early to avoid disappointment.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bed was a bit too soft for my taste, but that is a very personal thing.

Nice and clean room. Complementary snacks and water with the room. Hotel close to the BST station. Staff polite, professional and very helpful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Twin double beds pushed together with seperate duvets overlapping, isn't what you expect to see in a 5 star hotel king room. Room itself quite basic in furnishings and decor.

Lovely entrance, facilities and breakfast. Powerful shower.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not near tourist attractions. Very few restaurants in the area. No alcohol served on premises - potential clients should be warned about this.

Room and breakfast very good.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The sofa in the living room not comfortable, the staff didn’t clean the dishes probably the smell of the room not nice from the AC smell cigarette smoke

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The noises are too much in the room And the sun comes in in the room Because of the lack of a curtain and its background .. thas wood doesn’t do the job Is there a pipe for cleaning .. The device that is with the toilet does not meet the purpose .. It is not tight for cleaning

The spa

• One-Bedroom Suite

Poor choice of breakfast no cold soya milk for cereal not up to most hotels in Bangkok.

The breakfast was extremely poor compared with other hotels in Bangkok. I found the position ok but so many better choices.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

1. No hot water for shower for 3 out of 6 nights. We had to wait until 9:30pm when hot water came back. 2. There was a cotton bud on the floor near the window in one of the rooms when we checked in, it should be left from the previous rom guest. I left it there and hope the cleaner will pick it up the next day. In the end, it was there on the first day, the second day, the third day and on the fourth day, I picked it up and threw it away. 3. We brought our own travel adapter for charging our electronic devices. We plugged it on wall socket and it was gone when we came back. We called the housekeeper and he gave me back.

Big spacious room. Close to Ploenchit BTS. 7 Eleven is right across the road. Walking distance to Central Embassy, four face Buddha and Central world. It will takes around 20 minutes to walk to Siam Paragon. We were looking for big bottle of coke zero and we went to the supermarket at Central Embassy, the funny thing is, that supermarket has NO COKE. If you need Coke, you need to get it at somewhere else.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Service. Twice something was handed at the reception, twice no one called. Once it was something that required cooling, yet, nothing.

Clean, OK breakfast, location, Room design

• One-Bedroom Suite

In general it was all fine and we had a good stay. The complaints are mostly minor, we would stay again. The staff is friendly, but they are not great at giving tourist information, they would only say the minimum necessary. However my biggest complaint is the amount of light and sound pollution in the room. There's a lot of electronic lights here and there, hence we just ended up covering them. Also there weren't proper curtains, so a lot of light would get in the morning. Regarding noise, although we were on the 29th floor, one could still hear the noise from outside (a bit).

The location is quite good. The breakfast was good. The swimming pool was fine. The gym had rather old machines but was functional. The room had good AC, and was quite clean overall.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There is no bar in the hotel, no place to have a drink (wine or beer) to wind down after a long day. Would be nice to have that option maybe by the pool side.

Clean, bright, modern rooms. Close to Ploenchit BTS station. Within walking distance to Lumphini Park. Shopping malls across the road. Very good breakfast with a lot of variety.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Staff in front desk.. they didn’t want help!! In night they shift you to morning dutty because no manger ... and morning the lie to me !! We will call you!! We will change room will call when finish after 2 pm they said no avilibaltiy .. .. we will call you when bank machine came !! And the did call !!

Swimming pool lobay design !! Size of room

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It would be good to have a cold lemongrass or roselle drink when back to hotel at night but the drink station closes at 7pm.

Convenient. Free snacks and drinks in room. Love the lemongrass drink at lobby. Close to shopping malls. Can walk through cw tral embassy and central to reach chit lom bts

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Weren’t very helpful when I wanted to extend my stay as they said they were too full (although I told them when I arrived that I would most likely be staying extra nights, plus I told them even the day before too). I think it was easier for them to release my room so they could charge extra for it at the weekend. Fair enough, but not good customer retention.

No complaints!

Best bed ever!!! Breakfast was excellent - a lot of options, egg station ready to cater your every demand. Close to MRT station (100 m.) Room overall in good size, nice large balcony. Bathroom had separately bathtub and shower. Plenty eating possibilities and 7/11 in nearby.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They expect a 100 pound deposit paid in either us dollars or bht. We only had card available which they did take in the end but they were not going to agree. I was also double charged for this room and i had showed them on my banking that thr room charge had already be taken. So please check your accounts to make sure they do not take twice

Lovely room and facilities and great location :)

Pool area doesn’t have changing rooms, so you have to go to your rooms for a shower

Had a great stay here - conveniently located close to Phloenchit station, close to number of cafes, bars, restaurants, spas, banks, etc Spacious rooms, courteous staff. Just as you’d expect for a good luxury hotel.

See sove

Nice clean and good location, however ice cold both physically and mentally. Bragging about free minibar but not a beer in sight and no bar at all!!! Only vending macines... never again, maybe recomended if it just for the sleep and youve got small children

Can’t think of any.

Building had clear opening in front and we had clear view among many high rises in downtown area. Hotel felt very tranquil despite of the noisy street in Bangkok. Swimming pool was very relaxing too. Water features in the lobby area gave it a zen feel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked a tour of historical temple complex and Grand Palace through the hotel concierge. They had several tour options offered at different rates. We tried to bargain but was told it was fix price. Later at the tour we found out other guests paid 700Baht less than us per person for the same tour which is a big difference as the total amount was 2800Baht. Although other guests were collected from different hotels in the neighborhood, we were grouped together from the start till the end of the tour with the same tour guide. We complained about the difference of the rate to the hotel duty manager on our return from the tour. He was polite enough to investigate and inform us that the travel agency’s (Green Box Travel) rate was the same for all guests. We are not satisfied with his answer and think that the difference is the commission charged by the hotel.

Very convenient location, close to major shopping centers. Staff were attentive and helpful throughout our stay. The property is a bit old but well maintained, clean. Has a nice pool to relax (not a lap pool).

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Was problem with toilet ( flush not wark good) everything came back after over time. I ask for repair but nothing was done. Late check out cost money: 1/2 day cost about 75$ for hotel this level its will be free of charge, that what I have for example in Singapore

Bed good. Location very good. Room is good and clean. Staff very freandlyi. Breakfast is mediocre.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

Staff in front desk!! The didn’t help at all at night the will send you to morning shift for business center (( no manger now come tomorrow please)) and the lie to me in ATM MACHINE in hotel that swollen my card!! They didn’t want to help!! They lie we call bank and didn’t call me when guys came to machine!! Telling me some lie stories about same probleme And every one take my number just write your number and we will call you!! At the end I went direct to saim commercial bank !! And the send guy within 8 hour he give me card back!!

Location and room size and Desgin

• One-Bedroom Suite

booked a suite with double bed, got a suite with twin beds pushed together and 2 single size duvets on it ,,not even a double duvet , air con leaked over floor making it very slippy air but soon cleaned up ,Not a great start to our vacation

friendly staff great level of security and in good good central location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed is so comfortable. The sheet is super soft. I like the floor with tiles in the room. I liked the breakfast too because I stayed for 3 days and they are changing the food! I like it this way, so won't eat the same things everyday:) I will recommend this hotel to my friends!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the room was very old style and the facilities were kind of old. It is a business center, I am not sure I would recomend it for leisure. Also, we were 2 going there, and if my partner was showing in the bathroom I could not sleep because there was not insolation.

the fact that the minibar was for free. Te staff was pleasant.

• Deluxe Room (3 Adults)

The hotel rooms show wear and the value for money has gone downhill, it doesnt meet the 5star rating any longer in my opinion. It is not a good value for money, too expensive for what you are getting. No noise isolation and with construction downstairs it is hard to get a good night sleep. Very expensive breakfast. The 3 adults bedroom was a small room with a roller bed.

Location excellent. 2 min walk to shopping malls, plenty cafes around and metro. The lobby is still quite impressive and the coffee machine is appreciated.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The photos on booking.com look better than what the hotel looks like in reality. The building is a little dated, the receptionists had no personality, and the whole place seemed to lack atmosphere. We are a couple in our early 30's and wouldn't recommend this hotel to other young travelers.

We loved the breakfast! So much choice. The room is spacious and we had a nice view.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

No bar or other services in this hotel (hotel does not serve alcohol at all, not even in its restaurant), room needs renovation, very outdated and poor. Bed bugs eated us during sleep.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I have visited some other Centre Point hotels in Bangkok and it is not necessarily the best choice for the money you pay. Some of their hotels are cheaper but the rooms are equipped with the full kitchen. I was missing that. There is also quite dark in the bathroom. For me personally, it is the place where you should have few lightning options. For other points hotel is really nice. They have a really nice swimming pool :)

Nice location, easy access from Ploenchit Station (you can walk with your suitcase). Great breakfast - wide choice of Asian food as well as European. Microwave in the room, some plates, spoons, and forks ;) Also a kettle, so you can prepare a tee or the coffee which is offered free of charge. Every day they also supplement minibar with some water and soft drinks.

• One-Bedroom Suite (4 Adults)

No alcohol sold, however respectfully this did not take away from a magnificent stay.

Breakfast was absolutely fabulous! Suite was very spacious with separate bedrooms (we did not anticipate this, so was very welcomed!) Staff were amazingly helpful. Transport to airport arranged seamlessly.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Booked this room for our engagement party during Chinese New Year. We were told the hotel was fully booked before we check-in. When we checked in, the reception couldn't find one of our bookings (two rooms were booked separately but under the same Booking.com account) even we gave them the full names of the guests and one of the booking ref number. We asked the reception whether the hotel can do iron/press only service for our clothes for the ceremony, they said they do not provide this service but provides hot iron in the room only. Only on the day we checked out, we found the price list of laundry service in the wardrobe which listed the price for cleaning and ironing the clothes.

We stayed here once before and the staffs are helpful. Taxi/Van to airport is reliable. Location is excellent.

• One-Bedroom Suite

A lot a lot a lot of noise from the road and construction building I’m shocked how can hotel like this without Sound insulator windows

Wide rooo Entrance staff Entrance view

• One-Bedroom Suite

The restaurant service and food was not up to the mark, used to be much better. The room was not cleaned properly - we had to complain to get the standard required. A bit expensive since the corporate rate was not provided but it was right before Chinese New Year so forgiven.

The balcony with a great view and the upgrade was appreciated. The staff is very kind and helpful. The lobby area is welcoming and access to refreshments (coffee, water and juice) all day is very nice.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Depending on location of room could be quite noisy due to traffic on main road. Facilities old and need some maintenance specially the bathrooms

Centrally located

• One-Bedroom Suite (4 Adults)

Would have been great to have a bar but this was a minor inconvenience as everything is walking distance.

Size of the room was very spacious. Amenities and towels were replenished often. Check in was quick and helpful. We were offered upgrade and also late check out.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Absolutely nowhere near 5 star hotel. -Beds at swimming pool area were all damaged to some extent (although still usable) -Only one employee for fitness and swimming pool, so very difficult to place an order for some food -Breakfast was 3-star hotel worthy: only small coffee machine so always a line; limited choice for food and drinks; bacon was stale; fried eggs were usually cold; personnel was not overly helpful (e.g. not keeping the door to the outside terrace open if they stand next to it, without an obvious other task, while the guest has his hands full of coffee / plates with breakfast) -Although room was very large, it was hardly furnished (it really felt empty). Also, lots of storage space but only basic facilities in room (safe / ironing gear etc), noting to make it stand out of the rest (which actual 5* hotels do have)

Room was large (had an upgrade to exec suite) Good area of town (although not close to the Buddhist temples - 30 mins with taxi) Staff was generally friendly Taxi’s knew to find the hotel Lobby had a nice / modern appearance Large swimming pool (limited beds available)

All good!

Modern and clean. Beyond my expectation. Good location and stunning view from the balcony. Waked up to a breathtaking Bangkok morning from 27th floor. Will come back again, and highly recommended!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very difficult to get a proper rested sleep due to the traffic noise at night and the noise of the local building work. Urgent need of proper sound insulation to the balcony access area.

The property is easily accessed by the Skytrain. The staff are efficient and welcoming. The breakfast suited our needs. Bedroom was very comfortable and the facilities excellent.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

The staff was not well prepared, we had to wait for 1 hr to get into our room and the staff lack good communication skill, he asked for our ids and payment information without informing us that we had to wait for the room to be cleaned. Moreover, when we checked out l, I had to go get my own car because there were no valley. The check out staff was very rude when we informed her that we had to leave quickly because we had a flight at 6 am. She raised her voice and lack manner. I will never go there again. It was a bad experience. I could say that it was the worst hotel I had been I bangkok

the location was convenient

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Call received from one of the stuff insisting to leave by 12:45 although I was explain that I was in shower need 15min just to leave but she repeats the same message again!!!

Some of the front desk stuff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The housekeeping was out of some of the toiletries

Very good location of the hotel, easy access from the train. 45min to the airport with the train. Clean rooms Beds were very comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Gym facilities not great - lots of machines and equipment outdated - disappointing as it was like that last year and not yet repaired. Breakfast area noisy A little noisy but ok

Location good and foyer and ground level of the hotel excellent. Beautiful landscaping for the size of the place So close to everything will stay again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

You cannot do anything with the street traffic, but be smart to ask above 20 floor on the far left from elevators - then your windows would face a bit less biz streets and you would have some nice look

Stayed overnight twice on route to my next destinations. Quite nice hotel, decent breakfast. Room has free minibar. The rooms located on all sides of building, so some rooms closer to elevators and crowdy street. Be sure to ask for high level floor, otherwise be ready for loot of traffic noise 24h. The room itself pretty nice, has sockets for almost all types of plugs.

Breakfast was a bit overpriced. Open area in the hallways of the entire height of the tower (e.g. I looked down from the 21st floor) is a bit much for people afraid of heights. A bit tough to find the entrance from the BTS station.

Nice bathroom (tub, shower and bidet all working properly). Nice view from the street-side balcony. Excellent outdoor pool. Nice lobby with free coffee. Comfortable beds.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

I did not the hot water of shower . Also the other thing that I did not like is that I stayed 7 day at the hotel and they did not change the bed , they only type and clean the bed which was dirty as 7 day too much , so one solution for this problem is that the hotel should change bed after 3 days of the gust will stay more than 6 days at the hotel . Also the price is to expensive .

I’ve liked the location and staff of the hotel . Also the rooms were nice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The receptionist was not as friendly as in other hotels in Thailand. You couldn't pay with US dollars.

This area of Bangkok is beautiful and you can easily access the Skytrain. The hotel is luxurious and enormous. The room was pretty good.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

The location it’s far from the big malls in Bangkok and most the time traffic that’s why we take long time to reach the shopping mall

We like the room it’s big enough

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only minor thing was the gym. There was not enough space and the equipmemt was old.

Almost evrything! Nice rooms and a very good bed and service from the Hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast should a little more diverse, with more variety. Change the shower head :)

The staff was very nice, we were upgraded to an executive suite on the 22nd floor which was amazing. Very close to the BTS station which was very convenient. Great pool.

• Three-Bedroom Suite

There were 3 ensuite bathrooms for but only the master bathroom has a shower cubicle. The other two were bathtubs with NO shower curtain!

The spaciousness of the 3 bedroom suite. We were 5 friends so we loved the living and dining room area which allowed for interaction and there is a balcony for smokers (but beware of the resident pigeon that stops over daily to poop). The master bedroom and the single bedroom faces the road so it can be noisy at peak hour.