Reviews of Club Bamboo Boutique Resort & Spa 3 stars

#272 of 423 hotels in Patong Beach

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Awesome, relaxed, comfortable!!
    • Family Suite

Stunning place, great stay, helpfull staff. Central and we could walk everywhere we wanted to, only 1.5km from Patong beach. will definately book again.

Everything was perfect,really value for money stay here.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No room slippers provided.It much better enter the room with room slipper.Tile meet the aircond really made my foot freezing.

The staff was friendly & polite.Especially staff’s name Jazz,he was really polite & good on us during our stay.I can rent motobike from receptionist.Location of this Hotel closed with everything’s in Patong.My 1st day stay,hot water was not function,but they fixed it immediately.Really value for money to stay here.Recommended!

The pool and the friendly staff!

Patong. (The pool in this hotel also isn't very child friendly with sharp broken tiles that could use some attention) for us the pool and the area around it was perfect!

The pool and the friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Affordable comfortable room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Be prepared that the beach is 15mins walk. I knew this before I travelled so didn't mind but just to let other people know. The jacuzzi bath didn't work.

affordable comfortable room, nice pool and good wifi.

Good
    • Deluxe Double Room

Gym was a bit run down and had a leak

Location was great, space to park outside, room was large, comfortable and clean. The room’s we booked weren’t available when checking in but staff were very friendly and upgraded us for the night to the penthouse and family suite. Lovely pool and outdoor areas, food was good value. Gym was a bit run down but still very good hotel for price.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

• Deluxe Double Room

I did not like that the pictures they put are not the same as the room, their food is not very good and the hotel is very ugly, it's very old

Love the friendly staff and how clean it was.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Love the friendly staff and how clean it was. Definitely worth the money and would go again. This was sour first time in Thailand and to stay at such an amazing place for the price we paid made the trip beautiful. They help book all your tours and it’s not far to Patong beach and the night life.

Horrible! I would not recommend this places to anyone ever!
    • Deluxe Double Room

This place is only beautiful on the outside. I booked here in a rush because I had an issue with my original booking being closed for renovations. They were not accommodating at all. When I arrived it was fine. It quickly went down hill. After about an hour or two in my room. While I was looking at the food menu, I noticed a gecko on the wall. Yes I get that I am in Thailand and it happens. But it is not an open villa or bungalow, therefore that shouldn’t really be an issue especially twice. After calling the lobby I requested they come up and remove it for me. The lady says “ Oh it’s ok, it won’t harm you”. That’s not what I asked!! She finally comes up and instead of removing it, she killed it. After that about an hour later another gecko peaked from a draw. Called again. She comes and can’t find it. I tell them I would like to leave, because add that with all the bugs on my bed, I was done. She tells me I cannot get my money back and she can move my room to the ground floor. (Of course that would be worst so I said no). She says she can have the room deep cleaned the next day, so I agree. A couple mins later, a huge cockroach walks from under the bed. Needless to say I was done! They refused to give my money back after placing me in a room full of bugs and geckos. So she moved me next door. I slept for maybe an hour off and on because this room too had bugs all over the bed and room, along with a busted pipe in the bathroom sink. Water all over the floor once you turn it on. After I booked somewhere else, I tried to get my money back, even just a little or half. They said no! The manager also told me that no matter where I went there will be geckos in the room. NOT TRUE! The next place I went was GREAT! I saw one fly and that’s it the whole time!

The grounds were beautiful!

Don't do it - do yourself a favor
    • Three-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Dirty, it stinks, beds are the most un confortable ever and the check out lasted 15 minutes - definitely a hell no from my side

More space than expected

Nice hotel good staff

it was a nice stay

Very good location not far from all the fun but still quiet to enjoy sleep. friendly staff and good pool. also you could request everything from the reception like bike hire.

They also give me a lovely decoration on my bed for my honeymoon staying.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The aircon is not working, they give me another room without thinking twice. And the second room is so much comfortable with cool air-con. The breakfast is very nice! Worth for the money!

Loved our little bungalow and the pool was really nice!

Restaurant is a little overpriced -expected of a hotel service though!

Loved our little bungalow and the pool was really nice! Quiet location just a short walk to the action! Will stay again!

Staff was great!
    • Three-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Bamboo villa had a weird smell in bathrooms and upstairs. Bathrooms could have been cleaner.

Staff was great! Especially the staff at the restaurant in the evening, so delightful! Location was also good.

The pool was amazing.
    • Deluxe Bungalow

The bathrooms in the rooms were very run down, but the rooms were lovely.

The pool was amazing. The wifi worked really well as i had to work online in Australia. The staff were so fantastic and helpful.

Dissapointing!
    • Deluxe Bungalow

The property needs serious renovation. It's old, almost everything looks worn out and does not match the pictures at all. When we were given our room (bungalow, room A02) , we noticed that the bathtub had a huge hole in it around the drain. It looked totally unsafe, which we explained to them and we refused to stay in that room. They said they can put us in the Penthouse suite for 1 night and the following day to move in the room we booked, so we agreed. When we got to that penthouse suite we had a very unpleasant surprise. It was very old, everythig worn out, not very clean and the walls a bit moldy. Also, there was a mini oven in the room that had a different plug than the socket.( see pictures attached) After a long trip, all we wanted was to take a shower,but the water had a rusty color and later on stopped completely. We were told that it was due to some problems they had at that time and it would come back after 30 minutes. The next day, when we were supposed to change the room, we went to the reception to ask when would it be ready. We were told that the guests will check out at 12 and after that they would let us know about it. Also, we were asked to leave the room we were staying in, so they can clean it for the next guest, which personally we didn't like and refused; we had paid for that day fully and we were not going to be with our bags out, on stand-by for 2 hours waiting. The lady in the reception replied to us in a rude tone that we were given a room the previous day and we refused it and they upgraded us for 1 night at no additional costs so we should understand that they have guests coming and they need to clean the room. We explained to her that we did not ask for any upgrade and we refused the room because it was unsafe to use the bathtub, as one could easily get a cut in there, so she told us it's fine, we can leave whenever our new room is ready. Other than that, our stay was pretty much okay, with no other issues.

Even though the pool was getting quite dirty due to the leaves falling into it, the staff was always prompt, cleaning it frequently. One of the staff in the restaurant, named Mon was absolutely amazing. Always friendly, attentive and ready to assist anyone who needed help. Great hospitality skills and definitly should get promoted! There should be someone like Mon in the reception to attend customers. The room (that we eventually got - A08) was nice, clean and had an excellent location, right in front of the pool.

Very happy with the staffs over there. Recommend the place for their good service.

The amenity is not that much great and we faced some minor problems. Those were addressed immediately. Little maintenance is required for the rooms.

The staffs are very friendly and appreciate the hospitality provided by them. From the reception to housekeeping, all the persons are happily serving the guest. We are thankful for them. Keep going.

I hope that you never go to this resort.
    • Family Suite

We booked family room (king size bed 2) and 6 night. And already I contacted with resort about that we are 5 people. We have one disabled person and two 4-year-olds. We arrived at night, we couldn’t sleep in the reserved room. They said “Our family room are full now. We will give change your room tomorrow 2pm. Instead, I will give you free breakfast tomorrow.” They gave me another room that 3 floor and there is 1 king bed and 2 extra bed. We didn’t have any choice. So we had to sleep in another room that night. Next day, we went to the front for change the room. They suddenly changed their words. They said “ You can sleep in family room from 26th -29th and you have to change to another room again. Because we don’t have family room” So If we wanted sleep in family room, we had to change the room 3 times. They offered us free breakfast. We didn’t want free breakfast, We didn’t want extra bed, We didn’t want 3 floor, we didn’t want free dinner once. We just wanted the room reserved. We didn’t want sleep in another room ( 1 king bed and 2 extra bed). We asked to sleep in our reserved family room, but they said “we can't accept.” So, why did they get reservations? The woman manager said, "If you don't like these conditions, move your hotel " We didn’t have any choice again. My mother is disabled women and I have 2 cousin who kids. We couldn’t change the room again again again. And we never wanted sleep on extra bed. So we had to changed the hotel. They said they would provide us with a taxi to another accommodation. So we waited 30 minute. But again they changed their word like this “ Wait for free shuttle .” What a terrible. It was mess. It was the worst service I experienced. We ended up unable to sleep in the room that we had booked for one night. We checked out on the second day. Bed service, Dirty room, Dirty swimming pool. What a terrible hotel. I was regret that why I had choose this resort. 먼저 우리는 패밀리룸 6박을 예약했습니다.

NOTHING

A very poor start to our holiday, regretted booking for the length of time we booked.

Un wanted upgrade, very dirty, 5 other family’s experienced simular problems and had to be moved. Dirty rooms, dirty bathrooms, dirty water for personal hygiene. Some days no hot water. toilet bin not changed, air conditioner broken, cracked tiles in pool, chipped cups,broken sun beds, poor management staff. Had to move rooms due to Brocken air con. Poor food selection, very very noisy at night.

Friendly waiting on staff

My experience

Photos of rooms showed them better than they actually were. However affordable and clean.Shower had no pressure in one of the rooms. Was changed on night before we left. Floor slippery outside room when it rained and daughter hurt herself. Dogs next door barked constantly thr oughout night and betwern 3am and 6am. Beds were rock hard and pillows were hard. Food was wonderful and everyone at resort was lovely. Close enough to walk int o Patong andf far enough away from hustle and bustle. We loved all the staff though Would we go back? Yes we would as staff were wonderful and property was old but clean

The staff

THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN PATONG
    • Deluxe Bungalow

Stairs it's a challenge but well worth it

This is by far the best place to stay in patong it's beautiful and not to far to walk, best is when you back from the night out you can relax in tranquility highly advice to stay in the deluxe bungalows it's so spacious

Value for money, good sized rooms and friendly staff who spoke english well.
    • Family Suite

Showers were hard to work, property need a bit of TLC.

The staff were friendly, the property was a bit dated with the showers hard to work. The rooms were big and linen changed everyday. Overall value for money.

Not for me
    • Deluxe Double Room

On a steep hill. 40 steps down to pool then 48 steps up to 6th floor. Best avoid if u over 50. 200 bart by tut tut. Bike taxi hard to get up hill with 2 on. All the outer walls need a repaint. Soon as I saw the place I said IMG. I left 3 days early even though I had paid for a week.

Pool only

It’s a cheap hotel so expect what you pay for.
    • Deluxe Bungalow

Our room was not very private, it hadn’t been maintained very well, the bathroom was shoddy and unfinished and the shower was weak.

The terrace caught the sun and the hotel itself was very quiet and peaceful with a really nice pool area.

Lovely hotel. Room more basic than pictured.
    • Penthouse Suite

I didn't like that my room did not match the picture advertised. My room in pictured was more dressed up. And the was a coffee table and a day bed completely missing. There was a gaping hole in the middle of the living room floor. I had to pull in the plastic furniture from the balcony so I had a place to rest my drink while on the couch. Also the spa bath does not work. Nor the pressure good enough to fill it. 3 hrs for half a bath. I would probably recommend a pool chalet over the penthouse if I returned.

The overall property was lovely. The staff we great and I enjoyed my stay

Expected better the existing reviews do not reflect the actual experience
    • Deluxe Bungalow

The bathroom, insects roaming freely, sewage smell as soon as you step out of the room and heavy machinery noise from the on site maintenance work. Location means theres no taxis around.

The pool was nice

Comfy but far
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location was a little far but was walkable. Wifi didn’t work in our room.

We were upgraded rooms on arrival (due to it being low season). Bed was comfy, lots of pillows. Breakfast was not included with what we booked but was included for others however there was a great German breakfast place near by. Room had snacks for purchase at reasonable prices and free water.

Great relaxing stay in a quiet area at the back of Patong

Recommend having a scooter as it's quite a steep hill walking back to the hotel. The hotel is very spread out with many steps. My bungalow room was 60 steps up to reception, while my friend was in a room 20 steps above reception. Best exercise you'll get in the heat but great for the old or unfit. Food and mini-bar prices at the hotel bit expensive, not really in line with price of a room.

Great staff and customer service (especially Annie who just loves filling out forms:). Very nice pool area, feels like you are in the middle of a jungle. Really enjoyed the location in Nanai hill area at the back of Patong. It's an easy walk into Patong, about 1km to the beach, 2km to Bangla rd. A great 'tourist' street food area on the way to the beach with lots of variety and food choices. Really enjoyed this area which is much quieter than Patong and has everything you need at much better prices. Loads of ex-pats live around here, plenty of low-key bars, and local restaurants.

Bad Choice for family leisure trip
    • Family Suite

Room is old. There are a lot of mosquitoes. Mattress is herrible, old and not comfy. Bathroom tube is too old, look yaky. No hair dryer. At this price, it doesn’t worth money.

Staff is helpful. Location is good.

Excellent!

Loved everything about it.

Location was great, staff was super friendly, food was awesome, room was big and clean, amenities were great, just 2 Kms from Bangla Street.

The staff are very friendly and did everything to help.
    • Family Suite

The smell of sewerage sometimes was bad. The stairs were very hard would not recommend for elderly, the were even a challenge for us.

The staff are very friendly and did everything to help.

Great little mini resort. Small price. Comfortable and pleasing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bugs in the room and little ants everywhere, but in thailand this cant be helped. The room was cleaned very throughourly each day though.

Very comfortable beds in comparison to the hard ones you normally sleep on in thailand.

We will be back next year great job done by all the staff
    • Penthouse Suite

The staff were excellent and could not do enough for us , food was very good. Hotel was only 1 km away from the town centre,just peace and quiet while relaxing in the pool.

My friend and I had a pleasant stay at this hotel.

My friend and I are quite lazy and we relied on the shuttle bus to and from the beach. We wished there were more pick up times available.

My friend and I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Most mornings we enjoyed relaxing by the tiny swimming pool. The majority of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

Always a safe choice for me!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

A lift for the superior rooms would be nice. Stairs are killing.

My forth consecutive year staying at Club bamboo. This is the max value for money. Though some aspects like squeaky doors, Paint job etc need to be taken care of. but the friendly and helpful humble staff, clean room, and good pool would make one overlook the minor issues.

Big room, nice view.

Cockroaches!! COCKROACHES! We had 8 cockroaches in one night in our room. After the first 3 we asked for a new room and they gave us the awnser "we are fully booked, here is bugspray". After the next three cockroaches i went back to the reception and they gave the awnser " sorry we cant do anything, here speak with the manager. She said she couldnt do anything. After the next three cockroaches i got so pissed that i killed them and put the on te receptions desk. I took a photo of it and said i would put it on the internet.. And at that moment they had a new room. It was already 2:30 in the night

Big room, nice view.

Unfortunately, had a bad experience there.

Unfortunately, had a bad experience there. Just be careful about thier superior room. It was next to the office and very noisy. I had to ask few times to change my room. Second room wasn't that great either.

would surely visit the resort again!!
    • Three-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Air conditioner gave a bit problem but the hotel staff given us separate villa to relax till the got repaired. the problem is with insects which we could find sometime in rooms. also i would suggest the resort to have some indian food in their menu.

the staff was excellent. they were always there when needed for all queries and room service was awsum. the best thing was we had our private pool which my family loved it. also the resort was fabulous.

Comfortable and very tropical hotel

The broken bits of cupboard and old bathroom needed up dating in both the room near reception. Noise of the dogs next door

The pool and the relaxed atmosphere

Good hotel just not worth the price.
    • Penthouse Suite

The room smelt horrible, sofa was stained, paint was chipped on walls and counter tops, bathroom shower head was broken, DONT DRINK OR BATH IN THE TAP WATER!(See attached picture) And the hotel is located near a party area so getting a good nights sleep isn't possible.

Big room for penthouse

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

Would not book again
    • Penthouse Suite

We did not get the penthouses we ordered and room cleanliness left a bit to be desired. House keeping and repairs need attention and training.

Room was good size

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Cheap and cheerful
    • Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In arrival they had no room, suggested another hotel for the night, it was a hostel!!! After much toing and froing after a long flight they offered us a room at the hotel and to be fair upgraded us to a penthouse the next day, which was wonderful, however don't expect yr room to be cleaned, two weeks and only towels and bedding changed, despite asking for the room to be cleaned thoroughly. This needs to be addressed quickly in my opinion.

The hotel was pretty, staff very friendly and lovely, a special mention to Anan, who was wonderful.the food in the restaurant was good, the room was magnificent. Good walking distance to centre and amenities. Excellent transfer service into centre, needs some TLC, and this place would be 5 stars in my opinion.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Dreams and facts !
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel is very old Pictures on site from 1900... Far away from beach Noisy road side rooms Woice isolation Mosqıito keeper Staff English knowlage

Room Staff

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

A wonderful place to stay in Phuket!
    • Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We only chose to eat breakfast here once. It was ok, but there are better options in town.

The hotel was great all around: good location, pretty accomidations, comfortable bed, helpful staff, good price, etc. I was very pleased with our stay!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Average at best
    • Deluxe Double Room

All the facilities were old and tired including the pool area and the fitness area. My air conditioning kept leaking. Hand railing was loose and one spot the metal was sharp and corroded that you could cut yourself on it. Not worth the money, don't be fooled by the supposedly heavily discounted price.

Location was ok.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

treated like a king in paradise

the management and all staff could not do enough for me to enjoy my stay in will always stay here. Room cleaned daily fresh towels water and all I needed will be back in a couple of months.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

It was not very good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was pretty yuck. Dirty, and nothing like the online pictures. No one was even staying there. Wouldn't be good for luxury..

Staff were very helpful when we wanted to leave and get our money back. Would be good if you wanted something cheap and a place to stay at night.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Everything's is nice except the water in the bathroom
    • Deluxe Double Room

Water in the bathroom was in red color, turned down my mood to relax in a bath tub,

The staff was very friendly, speaks english very well, hotel environment very beautiful but it looks a little bit old

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

EXCELLENT SERVICE! RECOMMEND TO COME BACK..
    • Penthouse Suite

The staff are attentive and show their best in their customer service. Thank you so much everyone for your excellent service. for sure once we back to phuket we will come back to the property. Thumbs up!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Location and staff excellent
    • Penthouse Suite

My room was tired and the other room was fantastic newly refurbished but the bath was old and dirty

Location and staff excellent

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Fantastic service and good facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I loved the restaurant the staff were so friendly and nothing was ever to much trouble.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

room very clean.
    • Deluxe Bungalow

room very clean.the foods very nice.swiming pool very clean & staff all okay.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Will definiately come back

The environment

The staff was all good and helping

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Nice but could use some minor maintenance.

Laundry, toilet leaking.

Fantastic staff very friendly, awesome food and restaurant, very nice pool area.

Foods

Foods

Staff excellent, great atmosphere, we certaintly will be...
    • Deluxe Bungalow

When there was a problem, the staff fixed it immediately.

Staff excellent, great atmosphere, we certaintly will be back .

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Nice pool.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No elevator to the top floor

Nice pool. Awesome staff. Can rent scooters from the front desk. Good cheap food

Its a very bad experience, unfriendly staff , i rent a villa...
    • Three-Bedroom Villa with Private Pool

Its a very bad experience, unfriendly staff , i rent a villa but it was disappointed.

Staff, Bathtub,swimming pool,good free wifi
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's a bit old and dirty but worth the cost. You should go in the rainy season,Because it is cheap,

Staff, Bathtub,swimming pool,good free wifi

Good location and room was very nice.

the room no hair dryer and no toothbrush .

Good location and room was very nice. Will recommend to friends

The penthouse is abit rundown.
    • Penthouse Suite

The penthouse is abit rundown. Everything look old

Wonderful!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, I really enjoyed my stay

The restaurant and pool areas, the spa was also really nice.

The lobby are bad

The location very far

Clean

It was good.

Everything was great.

It was good.

Rooms are big.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are big..clean..helpfull and friendly staff..always go above and beyond to help arrange any request

Terrific staff and hotel
    • Deluxe Bungalow

There was nothing i didnt like.

Staff were lovely

Quite out the way The air con wasn’t great

Staff were lovely Pool looked nice Comfortable, big room

Overall okay

Location is very far from town. Took us 15mins or more to walk

Quiet and peaceful

Location, quiet and close to convenience store.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room need some minor fix

Location, quiet and close to convenience store.

Nice big beds, nice to have a peaceful area to retreat to...
    • Deluxe Bungalow

Nice big beds, nice to have a peaceful area to retreat to after being in the city all day. Lovely helpful staff.

Nothing it was very run down

Nothing it was very run down

Friendly

Friendly

Secluded location
    • Deluxe Bungalow

The place would look really nice if they waterblasted and did some painting

Secluded location away from the town but really close to everything

Worst hotel in my life

Overall excellent.

We had to move rooms as first one was dark and somewhat wet.

The staff!!!! Pool!