Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 4 stars

155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1, Ratchadamri Road, Pathumwan, 10330 Bangkok, Thailand

#219 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

Most of the things okay and the small little things didn't disturb our staying. The bed mattress was very hard to my back but they kind of solved it by adding 2 extra blankets under the bed sheets. The internet was not so good. Of &on and very slow. The TV channel sometimes stuck and the First evening AXN stopped working in the middle of the movie. The card didn't work at the elevator one time but they fixed it. They give you one set of shower gel and shampoo unless you ask for more. And the breakfast was not so wow. Don't look for any city view from this hotel (we didn't care about it at all ) . But as I said inspite all of this we really enjoyed our staying . And I already added this hotel to my favorit list of hotels in Bangkok, that I might stay again. One more thing.... pay atantion that on this hotel the price on booking.com not included 7% tax and 10% service. You need to deposit when you check in all the room fee+ 1000 Thai baht per night. And only in local currency or credit card. They DO NOT EXCEPT US DOLLARS.

The area is nice . No bad smells outside or in the hotel. The location is excellent and 10 minutes walking to central world mall and few others. Very clean hotel. And clean room. Family atmosphere. The most important for me, the shower was strong steam and stable temratur of the water . ( most hotels in Bangkok have a problem with this. The aircon works really good.

The out-sourced spa was a disappointment. The staff did not show up during the appointed time.

The hotel is clean and quite. Breakfast is great with lots of varieties, e.g. : thai, western and chinese style, and some fresh juices. The staff are polite and speak good English. The location is convenient.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

Too pricey. The hotel should review their prices as most tourist spends their time away from their hotel room and usually returns for the night. Tuktuk service was definitely great option. If only they had offered various stop location. Eg, platinum mall, mbk center. These are hot spots for tourist to shop and venture out. In return hotel could offer vouchers/benefits or discounts for guests to indulge in spa treatment. Overall no complaints on Marriott Hotel, top notch service rendered from their staff. Easily accessible to most location with the dreadful walk.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Fridge is not cold, even the air-con is colder then the fridge.

Good customer service. Staff are helpful and always putting on a smile on their face. Room is clean.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The windows were small in my room. Don’t expect from the picture. Windows small The money value was not what I’v expected. bag storage for 450 BHT. Never in my experience I’v had this issue with other 5 star hotels just this one.

The location next to the shopping malls and more

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

found cockroach on the food in breakfast at Momo restaurant, it was really disgusting, although manager came to apology after I told to waiter and showed the cockroach on the food of the dish.

tuk tuk service at hotel is very convenient.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

see above: hotel spa, poor service and no smile.

Bed was extra comfy, the breakfast was amazing with lots of choice to cater for all nationalities. very good food. Only downsize: Spa was a bit disappointing, small, dark and noisy (aircon vibrating a lot), spa manager was the most unfriendly masseuse ever- did not smile 1 sec! not welcoming at al, but price was cheap for spa in hotel... that doesn't excuse no smile at all for 2hrs!

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Located on the perfect location with valuable price per night. The room size is large with big toilet. The bed is so comfy. I love staying here. Worth every penny.

• Family Room with 2 Queen Beds and City View

What I don't like is the front office service, my friend book another room upon check-in they told him the room is full and they want to move him to stay another hotel. He has a booking if you are full you should have upgraded him to a better room. I try to negotiate with the front office and 30mins later they said they found a room for him. The front office staff doesn't know their occupancy on that day? I feel that the solutions can be better.

I like the room is clean, big and comfortable

Not much.

Good location in walking distance of BTS-stations and malls. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast okay. Swimming pool and fitness centre. Newspapers daily in lobby and restaurant. Free tuk tuk to BTS-stations.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The room seemed a little old, the light in the bathroom was not great especially for the shower.

I liked the coffee shop which was downstairs, great for me as I cannot function without coffee. The gym was well equipped nice view of the pool.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

Great hotel in a very nice neighbourhood. There is a sky-train very close and you can use it to move around the city (10 minutes to Central pier (riverside), 5 minutes to shopping centers, 20 minutes to Chatuchak market...). Staff is very nice and helpful. Breakfast is great.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Shower cubicle could have been bigger, especially since the bathroom has a fair bit of space, possibly a design issue.

Efficient use of space - pool area looked spacious even though it isn't really all that wide. It's in a nice, quieter area, a 10-15 minute walk from the main road or Chit Lom BTS stations. Room was spotless and spacious, staff were polite, nothing much to complain about really. Also enjoyed the free tuktuk to Amarin Plaza!

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The doorman could have been more alert. This is my second time visiting and the doorman always have his back at the door or doing something else.. I have to open the door and greet him first.

Great staff and service as usual!

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

It's abit of a walk from the main street, and the alley can get rather dark at night. I'd have appreciated a tuktuk shuttle to the closest BTS station, which is 10 mins' walk away.

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, as with all other Courtyard experiences. The bed is huge and comfortable, which gave us a good night's sleep. Bathroom was spacious too, but slightly old. Staff were friendly and helpful, so we were thankful for that. Hotel is in a convenient location, close to the Siam malls and other large hotel chains.

• Family Room with 2 Queen Beds and City View

Deff and all the staff in this hotel were truly outstanding. Their friendliness, helpfulness, and genuine hospitality was truly incredible. They went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional. All staff were caring, always smiling and ready to offer assistance for anything. Made you feel so special .... truly beautiful, hospitable staff on every level. Thoroughly professional. Great service.. amazing food. Best breakfast ever.... something for everyone.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

We requested for twin beds in our 2 rooms through booking.com a few months back but were not given. Their reason being we booked through agents so request not entertained.

Hotel facilities and services is as expected of a hotel of that standard. Nothing spectacular. Location is off the main shopping district so fairly quiet around the neighborhood. Hotel provide transport to chi-lom bts station.

• Executive Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

1. Complimentary tuk tuk to chitlom BTS station/ Amarin Plaza 2. Clean and comfortable rooms. 3. Excellent breakfast. 4. Quiet location despite being in city.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Same breakfast spread everyday, noisy toilet ventilation n narrow shower stand. Location wise -too tuck in.

The breakfast spread is good n the free tuk tuk to train station

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

However, for the room I was in, the carpet had a particular smell.

Overall, hotel rooms are of a good size. There is a decent massage parlour situated just next to the hotel. Furthermore, the closest BTS station is only eight minutes away from the hotel.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Only shortfall was that the air con leaked during our third day of stay but the hotel staff responded quickly and it was resolved quickly.

Customer service was excellent

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The restroom at the ground floor near the cafe has a kind of smell the moment u step in. It's OK if the main door was left open but when it's closed, there's where the smell came from.

Comfortable bed, central district n 10 mins walk to bts station . Shuttle to the nearest bts which is a plus to tenants

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The breakfast spread felt kind of limited to certain category.More vegetarian options .

Was good over all.Need to have more choices in the breakfast that's included.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I honestly can't find anything to fault about my stay here but I know if ever there were to be a fault that I report to them, they would attend to it immediately.

I stay here every fortnight when I'm in Bangkok for business. Prior to this, I had stayed in various hotels all around Bangkok and I must say this hotel is a 5 star in every respect!

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

the furniture can be upgraded to new one. it feels old. hope the pillow will be not as flat.

good breakfast selection. nice staff (eventho some of front desk not too friendly), free tuk tuk service is good.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

View from 10th floor was not good at all. I thought we would see bangkok from top but we were surrounded by buildings. So if you are looking for a better view, maybe this is not a match for you or try the 15th floor maybe its better.

Rooms and even hallways to the room give you such a cozy feel! Breakfast is really good and with nice variety.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Management of the hotel is horrible. First, we requested connecting rooms for little kids, and booking.com said not available but ensured us that the room would be next door. When we checked in, staff said it's not. We asked manager- Ponpron, who rudely told me that booking.com's answer is not relevant because she only represents hotel. Our rooms were on the opposite side of the floor and the four single bed requirement was also not fulfilled, we had to compromise to change rooms the next day, which of course is not close by as well. We stayed for three nights. The second night, one of our rooms had leaking problems on the ceiling. We asked for maintenance around 9pm. It happened again at 12am and we called about it, they came and then it happened again at 1am. Hotel response was why don't you change the room. I don't think I've ever had this kind of experience with hotel management. Were we supposed to pack and move at 1am? And it's not like they offered any discount for the room or any compensation. Overall, it's the worst attitude and accommodation and this is Marriott. Disappointment is the least we could say.

Breakfast staff were helpful.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The smell in the corridor is a bit funny. The street may be too quiet for some, there is not much around the hotel in the immediate vicinity. 7-11 and several restaurants are 5 minutes walk away. But 10 minutes walk and you end up at Central World and several other shopping malls where you have everything you may need.

Very good location, central (10 minutes walk to Central World, 5 minutes walk to BTS Skytrain) yet quiet. Very friendly staff. Great buffet breakfast. Comfortable room and bed. Quiet room. They even provide tuk tuk to the BTS Skytrain if you are lazy to walk the 5 minutes.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Dead closed window making the air inside stinky at times. Sound isolation could have been better. Glass wall between WC and the room not for my liking. View to garage of the building in front wasn't decorative either.

Quite a convenient location. Very nice concierge service. Solid size room. Rich breakfast buffet. Nice spa and modern gym. Reasonable pool. Area around with plenty of options for food (including street one) and shopping.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff, beds were super comfy and quiet rooms. Fabulous location to walk to all central shopping, markets, and train and delicious local restaurants. Highly recommend!

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Alarm clock which was a bit hard to set. I wish if I could, at least, read the Thai alphabet.

It's a pity I had little time to enjoy your hotel facilities for I'd been always away day time.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Satellite tv channels were down for a long period.

Excellent location. Close to transport and shopping. Room was basic and met needs. Arrived on early flight and provided an available room upon check-in (around 8.30am).

Nothing to mention.

The property is very conveniently located, close to the BTS and within walking distance from both Lumpini Park and the main shopping malls in Siam. The bed is extremely comfortable and definitely try the breakfast at MoMo Café!

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

The access to Lang Suan (massages, great restaurants etc) has been closed off which makes it no longer a convenient location.

The usual Marriott consistency.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Location is far away from the Chit Lom BTS station, it's around 10-15 mins to walk from the hotel to the station. There's a free shuttle bus to the station but it's difficult to catch one going back to the hotel cause there's no scheduled timetable.

Hotel is generally clean and provides the basic necessities.

Was greeted by the most unfriendly frontdesk officer who was obviously very impatient with us. I wanted to pass her my booking form but was brushed off by a very rude 'Can I have all your passports?' When I tried to explain our sleeping arrangement she appeared irritated and was shouting over to her colleague who is handling the check in for my other 2 colleagues whom were shoved over cos she said having her process everything will be slow. Her attitude got only better when I commented very loudly how impatient she was. Bad start and also a bad ending when I realised I left my wireless earphones in the room and only dawned upon me after checking out. I rushed back to the hotel and unfortunately have to speak to a frontdesk officer again about it. End up its just a 'Sorry housekeeping said they didn't find anything'. I told her it might have fell between the bed and the side table she just brushed me off saying that there is another guest who checked in. There wasn't any true indication of help rendered and I just have to take it that I have donated my wireless earphones to someone. It is sad that the front desk officers are not the friendliest lot as compared to the rest of the staff around the hotel.

• Executive Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

Public washroom near Momo Cafe smelled bad. No ventilation perhaps? But this is a very minor issue.

great location in area of other expensive hotels. Close to everything. Great staff

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

There wasn’t any hard pillows. 3 soft pillows were provided and I had a neck ache after that.

It was clean and spacious. This is my 2nd visit and also 2nd time staying at the same hotel which is Marriott Bangkok. The staff here are extremely helpful and friendly especially Ms. Ammy, Guest Relation Officer. It is also a very clean and well-layout hotel with facilities in the room well-designed. I’m definitely recommending this to my Friends.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Some of the staff were sometimes unhelpful, even rude at times. The place is a little off the main road and the staff was often very useless in finding taxis. Better off downloading apps and doing it yourself. The fee for late check out was ridiculously stiff considering I've spent 9 days there and spent a little fortune. Furthermore, I did not appreciate having to pay the totality upfront + a huge deposit (before receiving my per diem), it was extremely inconvenient. It would have been good to give the head up before so that I can move funds accordingly. I attempted to eat at the buffet a few times but there was some strong smells that put me off.

The pool was nice but in the shade most of the day. Room was comfortable.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

The staff at the Executive Club was very rude. I was there at 5.15pm on 8/3/18. I took a piece of Churos before 5.30pm as I was having coffee. Her remarks:Sir I have already told you that you can only take the food at 5.30pm!! It was so loud that everyone was looking at me .I was made to feel that I am stealing something.

Environment

• Executive Room with City View and Lounge Access

Perhaps I could request a room with better view. The last time my room was facing the back of the hotel where I can look into the adjacent room.

Friendly staffs, conducive environment, good location etc.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Renovation in the hotel and the first room they offered to me had crampy small window. I got new room when asked for one.

Restaurant staff was really nice and the breakfast was also really good, even they always made me raw Eggs benedict. Sunshine pool and good gym. Surrounding area is going thru a lots of new building so moving from hotel location was a bit challenging. But hotel has small car they can drive you to near BTS.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

It's a value for money hotel if you're looking to stay in bangkok, given it's location. The staff were very helpful and the hotel tuk tuk was a big help. Although it would've been good if the reception has informed us of the hotel tuk tuk (tricycle) to the station. Had I known earlier we could've saved ourselves a few uber rides.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

It will take you about 10- 15 mins walk to the main shopping malls. But the hotel provides tuk tuk , so is still ok.

The hotel locates on a small road even in thr busy district. Quite and comfortable, staffs are friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

We asked for twin bedded room but upon check in we got a king bedded room.

Like the cleanliness, polite front desk staff, helpful concierge, friendly MoMo cafe staff.

No issues.

I was very happy with the overall amenities and location of the hotel. The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. I had no issues.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Everything met or exceeded my expectations.

Excellent experience in all ways. Beautiful room, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly staff. Excellent breakfast with more options than I would have expected. Good location.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

The rooms feel a bit dated and could use a lift, the pillows were cheap and not very nice, it would be good if they could get better cable at least to watch more news channels.

The location is pretty good, the breakfast was surprisingly good and the restaurant staff certainly make you feel welcome.

• Executive Room with City View and Lounge Access

Hated to leave.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in in Bangkok. Staff and facilities were great. Location is good. Executive lounge well designed and well run.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Rooms are dated and have a old look to them. The air conditioning was a real issue in the room. Certainly overpriced for Bangkok standards.

Location of the hotel is the only exceptional thing about this hotel. Located in the Erawan / Ratchaprasong area - which is the hub of shopping in Bangkok. The Hotel has a tuk tuk service which drops you off next to Gaysorn Village - which has all the luxury brands.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

Room a bit functional, but this could just be the Courtyard brand design guidelines. The breakfast room is a bit dated, but the food was ok.

The hotel manager was amazing; she checked me in, apologised that my room was on the first floor, and gave me access to the business lounge to compensate. The next morning she approched me at breakfast, remembered my name and asked how everything was.... this personal touch makes a huge difference to how enjoyable the experience at the hotel is. Pool and gym are nice, room was very clean but a bit functional in terms of design.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Booked a twin room but told this wasn't available when checking in. Staff not particularly helpful. Ended up with an additional bed in a King Room but this was no more than a short camp bed, not particularly comfortable and made the room extremely cramped. Adequate breakfast but omelettes undercooked. Hotel didn't have much character, feels like a sterile business hotel.

Good location in the centre of Bangkok. Set down a side road so rooms are quiet. Nice pool.

Rooms were not ready when we check in at 3pm on the first occassion and when we return again to the hotel 4 days later rooms were not ready again although we specifically inform the reception of our return and requested them to prepare the room as we have two young children.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

small swimming pool. no view from rooms

The bed is comfortable. Single bed is big enough for 2 people to sleep together. Clean and quiet. Staffs are nice and polite and always ready to help. Feel relax.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Room was a bit small. Location could be better.

Service was very good and enjoyed breakfast on their patio. Lady Barista was excellent. We also liked the fact that we could request for the tuk tuk to the BTS station at our convenience.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

Located in a small lane so you need to walk if you want to find some shops or restaurants.

Very friendly staff and quite nice facilities. Like the poor and gym especially the poor, quite large and clean. Comfortable bed and well designed room.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Small details: - Error during check-in: they assigned us a room which was already occupied. - During happy hour at the swimming pool, there was nobody attending the bar.

Excellent restaurant and breakfast. Clean facilities and rooms. Nice staff.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Courteous staff from the concierge to front desk. Free shuttle service to Chitlom station. The hotel area is quiet although near to the bustling city area in Bangkok.

Hotel met my expectations

Hotel staff granted us extra check out time due to one of us not feeling well and having a sleep less night. This was very much appreciated considering we were leaving that evening on an international flight.

This stay, nothing

I’ve stayed several times. The service is reliable and the staff helpful. The desk staff were very keen to make sure my onward journey went well and took some time to discuss realistic taxi times to the airport.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Would not say it is worth staying if you are on holiday. The swimming pool is twice smaller than it looks like on the photo. The staff is not that open hearted as it should be on this level...

very disappointed with the CLUB FLOOR LOUNGE services........ there are 25 - 35 chairs but only served with 2 staffs. The tables often not cleared and clean for the next guest to sit and dine. The management should add atleast another staff to manage the lounge more professionally and effectively. As a guest we are paying much higher rate for the club lounge excess but the service is not acceptable .

The staffs always friendly and accommodative

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

Very central hotel with two skytrain stations in 5-10 min walking distance or use the complementary Tuk Tuk service from the hotel to the stations. Good starting point to get to all important sightseeing spots and all the big shopping malls are close by. Rooms are very good with all what you need, very clean and the staff is very helpful at all time. Breakfast is with plenty choice and very good.

Everything was fine.

The location of the hotel was good if you like to walk in a nice neighbourhood plenty of shops and restaurants. Also good connections with transportation. The room has a very good size and the decision that we made of staying in an executive room with access to the lounge was perfect. The staff was awesome, very welcoming, and efficiency was a goal reached by everyone. The breakfast was nice and the view from the lounge made us feel in the middle of the metropolis. The evening F&B was a plus. Relaxing with a glass of wine is something that make you feel ready for Bangkok.

• Family Corner Room

The room smelt a little stale due to the air conditioning system that smelt old.

All the service staff, from front desk to the bell boy were extremely courteous, friendly, helpful and really in a class of their own. They were always 2 steps ahead of us in anticipating what we wanted and their genuine smiles really made my day everyday I was there.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bed is less comforty - mattress is quite hard and quilt is very thin... Not the standart that I would expect from a Marriott brand hotel. The Spa facilities unfortunately were also poor, only one massage room by the pool area.

Nice and clean hotel, good location, very helpful and smiling staff. Great swiming pool and gym. Tasty breakfast.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

Construction site near by caused some noise during the day at the Momo Cafe.

Although located at the city center, the hotel is green and somehow away from chaos.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Our visit was ruined by one event. At 04:30am on the second night of our visit the manager called our room looking for another guests laundry. I was furious to be woken at that hour for a problem with another guest. My husband got out of bed and went to look for the laundry. Next morning we were told the other guest put our room number on their laundry list. We should not have been disturbed for that. It was their mistake. We were given a 50% discount on one of the cheaper nights of our stay after I asked and access to the Executive Lounge. We had already paid for breakfast so lounge access was not a big deal for us. When we were eating our breakfast the manger came to see us and asked if she could look in the room for the laundry which we told her wasn’t there. I felt that our privacy was not respected.

We stayed at this hotel from 26-29 December 2017. I will start with the positives. Location is near the Sky Train. It’s a five minute walk. There is a shuttle. The staff are very friendly and do their best to ensure your stay is comfortable. The doorman are very friendly, helpful and courteous. All staff speak English well. We had one breakfast at the buffet. The food quality was reasonable and a lot of variety. The egg station held up people wanting to move through. You had to wait for people who had ordered eggs to get past. The area was clean and tables were cleared quickly. The staff here were excellent. We and other guests seemed to have a lot of problems with card readers for the lift. Our first experience was when we checked in and the card reader did not work. My husband went to reception and it was checked. It worked there. A staff member came to our room and it did not work. Maintenance were called to fix the door. At this stage we were in the room but then transferred to another room as the reader was faulty. It’s frustrating when you can’t get in a room after 21 hours of travel and then the lift card reader doesn’t work either. Our room was spacious and very clean. Bed was comfortable. I would have liked a blanket but there were none in the cupboard. I am not sure if it would have been supplied if I asked. The toiletries in the room were very good. Toothbrush, comb, razor, soap, shampoo body wash. If you’d forgotten something it was all here. Wifi was good and free water was available. We did use the Executive Lounge. Very nice staff again and the breakfast was good. They should have explained on our first visit that eggs could be ordered, We did order the second and subsequent days. Generally they were cold. The evening drinks and finger foods were fabulous. Food was delicious and lots of variety. Just a small thing but the chairs in the Executive Lounge looked a bit grubby and need a steam clean or replacement.

• Grand Deluxe Corner Room with City View

The moderately long walking distance to food outlets and the closest BTS Station. This would take about 7 mins but imagine doing this in the middle of the Bangkok summer heat. It is also very difficult to get a taxi during rush hour. We heard business executives complaining about the wait for taxis, twice. The staff were however trying their best already. We had no issue with this though since we were on holiday.

The hotel is close to new in renovations. The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful and dlilgent. Housekeeping was quick and responsive. I had all the bedsheets and pillowcases changed during the night when I left evening drinks and when I return the bed crisp and newly done. The room that I had was moderately large. This hotel is very good value for money. Not for families but there are a lot of business executives staying here.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds were very comfortable, nice breakfast buffet, staff is very friendly and knows English...which is important in Thailand. The location is very convenient as its close to all the major shopping malls and eating places. Very central.

• Grand Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast spread was okay, but it could be better. The staff were extremely helpful and always with a smile! Our check-in and check-out were very efficiently handled and fast. Would like to point out the excellent service provided by Kikky (not sure of spelling) and Melanie at the check-in and check-out counter.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hot tub was not working the entire week. The pool is all right, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of attention from management. Getting to this hotel is challenging due to its busy location. Expect lots of traffic, and as a result, higher fees from taxis and tuk-tuks to get you back to the hotel.

The staff is young and enthusiastic and focused on customer service. English was spoken widely at this property. The breakfast is outstanding! This hotel is in the center of "modern" Bangkok, near high-end shopping and restaurants. This is a plus, especially if you're looking for that. If you want a quieter location, with less traffic, or to be near the cultural attractions like the palace and temples, this is not a good choice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had requested a connecting room since my children are young. my request was done via email as well as a call to the property. At no point was i informed that connecting rooms are only available where one room is a family room and the other a delux room. If i was informed i would have altered my booking. I was informed of this at check in. At this point it was too late because the property was fully booked and no family rooms available. I had to settle for room opposite each other. The bathroom in my room had a terrible smell. On numerous occassions i reported this where the property sent out cleaing staff - but the smaell remained. The staff tried changing my room but i could not change due to my request of being across/next to my childrens rooms.

Staff were friendly and tried to assist

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Specifically asked for a gap between starter and main course in the restaurant - but the main (risotto) still arrived too early - sent it back but when it came back it had been reheated in microwave and was dry...had to go back again for a fresh one....but at least it was removed from the bill so in the end ok.... room was not cleaned on 2 days and I had to remind reception!!

The location of the hotel was good - not too far to walk to the center. The staff were very friendly (Nan on reception deserves special mention!) - transport and trips were well organised by concierge.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms were neat n well equipped with the necessary gadgets..but did unfortunately have few issues regarding the hair dryer and issue with the door lock. The staff were very prompt on the response that it was sorted within no time.Had an excellent Spread for the buffet breakfast. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Browse Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok traveller photo gallery