Reviews of Diamond Cottage Resort & Spa 4 stars

5.3

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Initially very disappointing & stressful
    • Villa

The Villa room we booked through bookings.com.au was filthy dirty. I had to take photos of the dirty towels/sheets etc as there was a note in the room that stated we would be charged for stains on the sheets & towels that could not be removed. We were unpacking when the manager came to see us, she said they had a special promotion to upgrade us to a pool access room, but we had to pay her cash. After some negotiations we gave her $4000.00 BAHT for the upgrade, for this I was to receive 2 free massages, free mini bar daily and free laundry services. We moved to our new room, went to the toilet which was blocked, staff quickly came to repair. We then out for dinner came back to the room, my husband used the toilet, it blocked and overflowed again. Manager had left for the night but the staff called her, she then moved us to another room which was a suite pool access. We were never given a receipt for our $4000.00 BAHT. We did finally enjoy our stay but probably wont stay there again, or recommend to friends.

When we finally settled into a pool access room after being moved twice we enjoyed our stay.

Close walk to shops, restaurants and the beach.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

They are in the process of updating some of the rooms ours needed some work yet was still comfortable. Most places we were able to find staff who spoke reasonab English, this seemed to be a tad harder with the front of house staff at reception, which made it hard when seeking medical attention.

Close walk to shops, restaurants and the beach. The housekeeping and restaurant staff were always warm and friendly.

The area was great, located half way between Karon and Kata...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

The beds were awful, too soft and springs sticking into you. There are a lot of warnings around about fines e.g. taking mini bar stock out of the fridge so you can use it for other things. It was loaded with beer so I don't know how you are expected to keep anything else cool if you don't drink beer. I also found it quite an unfriendly place in relation to the number of Russians who stay there. They do not smile, are not polite if they bump you and they push in front of you at the breakfast line. The WiFi was almost non existent, if you managed to log in it would drop out a couple of minutes later. It was a constant pain having to log in over and over again.

The area was great, located half way between Karon and Kata beach. Lots of shopping around and the hotel taxi rates were reasonable for tours and transport to other areas for sightseeing and tours. The resort is built on a hill so be prepared for a steep walk up to the hotel each day but once you reach reception they will take you up to your room in a golf cart.

This hotel probably has a well-deserved reputation for...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Pool View

I encountered insulting behavior from the bell staff and significant hidden charges (no advance warning) which I was refunded after complaining to Booking.com.

This hotel probably has a well-deserved reputation for catering to families, for their facilities, their service, location and great breakfast.

Close to the beach and all the restaurants around
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

Asked the receptionist if we could get one double bed as I required when booked the room instead of two single beds put together because they kept sliding apart so we had to sleep with my partner on a couch. I asked if they have a double bed , the receptionist said “yes” I asked if we can have it , she said “yes”. That’s where our conversation ended and I walked away very confused because she didn’t ask me the number of the room.Obviously we never got the bed.

Tasty breakfasts , not far from the beach

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Diamond by Nature
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

The walk up the hill is not suitable for elderly or disabled .

The breakfast choice was good, but could do with more choice of Danish Pastries. The staff in all departments were very good. They made the stay more enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The hotel is a Diamond by name, and as good as a Diamond to stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

Television channels, more choice, especially English Sports Programmes. Gymnasium operating hours not good if you are out touring all day, or in our case, diving. Better facilities for elderly and disabled. Access to terrace for breakfast is difficult.

The breakfast was good. The room was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Tick's the box.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

The staff weren't super helpful. Instead of answering common / basic questions we were always getting to referred to someone else.

Everything was great; facilities were good, no mosquito's in the room, aircon worked, pool's were great.

Facilities are great, and it is close to the beach (less...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

Facilities are great, and it is close to the beach (less than 10 min walk)

Beautiful resort and we were upgraded.

The food was ok

Beautiful resort and we were upgraded. Close to both kata and Karon beach. 400 baht to patong

Internet access

Internet access

Amazing location and super friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

The swimming pool in deluxe room

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Should treat all GUEST equally.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room Spa Wing

Wifi almost non exist Unhelpful staff, no warmth showed

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Pool View

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

All staff very friendly.

I was unable to take a bath as the plug once in position could not be removed

All staff very friendly. Had a small problem whichwas sorted out quickly with the management. Room was big and clean. Breakfast was good and big choice, I have had better at other hotels but certainly had a lot worse

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Got upgraded to deluxe pool access room.

Pizza not great. Shower leaked over side of bath. Maybe more pool service would be handy, we had to walk to the bar to order items and for menus. (Hardly a big ordeal)

Got upgraded to deluxe pool access room. Big room. Pool towels provided in room. No problems getting a pool lounger each day. Coconut milkshakes were delicious. Short stroll to 2 beaches. Lots of restaurants, bars, tourist shops/stalls nearby. Omelette station at breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

When got an extra bed, in overpriced double room, the...

Systematically unresponsive or even rude staff. For instance, Russian hostess was especially rude - giving orders at the breakfast and not using please and thank you. Struggled to get wine glasses in the room - first response was that there are no glasses, than that not possible to send to a room as we can break it, then tried to charge 100 Bahts per empty wine glass as deposit!? Hotel was very anxious about everything of their property...towels, glasses, even empty water bottles...made you feel very uncomfortable as they expected you are going to steal something. At the end they accused me to took a laundry bag..which I havent seen at all in my room!?

When got an extra bed, in overpriced double room, the mattress was so worn out and with huge hole in the middle - reception was very responsive and send second mattress to cover the first one. This helped to make the hole less uncomfortable. On the other hand, pool was nice and comfortable, though not really in shade.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2016

Breakfast buffet was decent.

The housekeeping was one of the worst I have ever experienced. The housekeeping was rude, mumbling what I can only assume were insults in Thai under her breath when I asked for a beach towel because she never turned our room down. No new soaps or drinking glasses. Didn't even restock our mini bar which only hurt them bc we ended up getting what we needed in one of the many nearby convenience stores. When I told management upon checking out they were borderline defending her, but ultimately apologized. They also preach about free wifi but you have to reconnect every time your phone screen shuts off. So unless you're actively using your phone email and messages don't come through. Super annoying.

Breakfast buffet was decent. A pool access room is an absolute must! The spa services were incredible. Although the they quoted us one price but when we arrived at the appointment they tried to quote us a different price. They honored the first price though so it's all good. About a 5 minute walk to the beach. Near lots of good restaurants and fresh fruit markets.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Position to Kata and Karon beaches is great as well as...

WiFi was poor, when showering needed to create barriers to stop water going over floor.... All minor other than the swim up bar not operating, most likely due to time of visit.

Position to Kata and Karon beaches is great as well as access to local shops. Breakfast was plentiful and our pool access in the spa wing was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2015

Location( between 2 beaches),

Our check out day we wanted to take a taxy to Phuket main town and the reception girl pointed a man who was in the lobby, he said It was 700baht when we actually knew It was 500baht and even we said so he treated us like fools in a very rude way. What a scammer, things like this one are the ones that will give a bad name to the hotel.

Location( between 2 beaches), swimmingpool, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

The location is very good, close to Karon beach and not far...

Pool area was not cleaned almost at all. Broken plate pieces by the pool, were cleaned after an hour and only after our request, same situation with spilled coffee on the table, which was cleaned after few days. Another isssue came up when I wanted to take some bread with me out of the restaurant after breakfast for my two year old who did not want to eat anything. I was stopped and told I am not allowed. Regardless all explanation I could not take it with me. On top of it breakfast is pretty poor. As an example, there were 2 types of yougurt: natural and natural mixed with jam to make it as strawberry yogurt. Staff speaking very poor English. If you have an issue you need to call manager to translate. Overall I do not recommend. There were too many disappointments/issues comparing to advantages of the place.

The location is very good, close to Karon beach and not far from Kata beach. Restaurants and shops are almost at the door step. Beautiful greenery inside the facility makes the place very pleasant to stay.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

I would recommend this for a holiday with children.

Band at New Year were modest. Played "the Finsl Countdown"...er after Midnight A but of late night noise from a nearby Karaoke bar mildly annoying

I would recommend this for a holiday with children. A terrific location. Close to lots of restaurants. Walking distance to Karin beach and 200 baht tuk tuk to Kata beach. Our kids loved the pool slide. Food was good. Big selection

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

Very good swimming pool!

Internet. Dark room, not enough light.

Very good swimming pool! Perfect breakfast ! Staff is very nice! Good location! Clean! Good Restoran .

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Pool near the room

Stairs

Pool near the room

• Reviewed: 20 December 2015

The taxi fee they ask for at the reception is overpriced.

The taxi fee they ask for at the reception is overpriced.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2015

We all are coming back

We all are coming back

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

The water in the swimming pool looks clean.

The poor WiFi.

The water in the swimming pool looks clean.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

nothing at all

awwwwwful

nothing at all

• Reviewed: 19 July 2015

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

I liked that we had strait access to the pool from the room.

I liked that we had strait access to the pool from the room. And kids loved the waterslide in the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 14 June 2015

location was ideal for kata centre

too many stairs breakfast bit disappointing

location was ideal for kata centre

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Nothing it was perfect

Nothing it was perfect

There are also 12 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.