Reviews of Duangjitt Resort and Spa 5 stars

18 Prachanukroh Road, Kathu, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#234 of 391 hotels in Patong Beach

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

Good location walking distance to Patong Beach, shopping & restaurants. The resort itself wss spacious and well manicured and the rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Superior Twin Room

Lobby is in open space and nice but managment sould put some air conditions to make it cool as really in summer time with hightemprature and humidity , no one can breath !!!!!

Even Hotel is nice but Lots of local Ants in room , and you can not put any foods or even nuts in tables ( less than minute , lots of ants around foods ) / mosqito problems to body , as me and my wife have really problems in legs and hands with itching as hotel backside is like jungle

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

Beautiful hotel ground....family friendly....went during high season...but hotel not overcrowded. Lots of breakfast choices. Love the pools...Excellent for little ones.... Pool bar was a plus... Short distance to the beach and to main attractions. Our room next to the road....noisy outside but once in the room hardly heard anything. Quiet ,peaceful and beautiful place. Excellent and welcoming security staff. If visit patong again will definitely come back.

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

reception personel must be more friendly... whenever I see them they were not that friendly. Even the other hotel in the same street I paid only afew dolars per night had better and friendly reception staff

Great place to relax and chill

• Deluxe Bungalow

Welcome cocktails were awful, someone needs to show them what a good cocktial is. Please change these cocktails asap. Not everyonre drinks cocktails, so maybe a beer as well on arrival. At times a little smelly.

It was quiet location on a large and beauiful grounds, but very close to the beach 5mins, shops, bars and cafes 3min. Pools are amazing . Staff were very freindly.

• Superior Twin Room

Accidently broke a saucer on the tiled floor and had to pay for this

We were upgraded as steps were difficult with an injury and first bathroom did not function well without any hesitation

• Superior Twin Room

I don't like stuff they were very rod with me bad timing in check in and they gave me a list of there own roles witch not there in booking website

I like the place

• Superior Twin Room

Some time you get lost becuase it is very huge resort.

Location was perfect in very calm area. Swimming pool was excellent and this what we want it. Breakfast was delicious. Reception were very helpfull and smiling all time.

• Superior Twin Room

Frontdesk and their attitude should change they wantto copy my credit card because of their policy , i talked the manager pay the bill in advance and not coppied the card hair dyer machine was halted and towels and the rooms are bit old after good renovation this hotel would be number one in phuket.

swimming pool and swim with the birds in pool is very good. Green and good looking lobby Good location next to beach. Breakfast is nice.

• Superior Twin Room

I would recommend a TV with USB connection as most of the Tv channels are in Asian languages (to provide my own entertainment ) as the selection of movies / news channels are limited for English speaking guests.

Beautiful parklike resort away from the busy Bangla road but yet close enough to all amenities. My first and lasting impression of this resort was that you could actually "breathe" , feel and smell unpolluted clean air !! Although one of the biggest resorts in Patong, I felt the least crowded here- a sense of relaxation, peace and quietness. Great for families with children. An incredible nice and huge pool with poolbar (plus 2 smaller pools) good food and nice music throughout the day. Everything from the gardens to the rooms are well maintained and clean. Friendly and helpful staff, good security, good selection buffet breakfast, efficient customer service when booking-in and out. Good wi-fi throughout the resort. My only regret is that I am sorry that I have only booked at this resort for 5 days while spending more than 30 days in Patong as this resort outshines all other 4 star resorts where I have stayed. I will not even consider another resort on my return next year. I will definately recommend this resort to friends and family.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

Bathroom was not cleaned even I tried to discuss with the hotel manager.

Duangjitt resort is in petong beach was easy to get around the shopping areas. I stayed in deluxe room 4 nights then I changed into deluxe bungalow another 4 nights. Total 8 nights. A few minutes walk to a very nice shopping mall. I like the resort it self it has a very huge nature it's a good place to relax. I stayed to this resort several times. Unfortunately the bathroom are not cleaned properly, otherwise everything was ok staff are very friendly. Restaurant is very nice I tried thai food was very delicious. I love the sarrouding of the resort.

• Superior Twin Room

Room service is slow, double bed is made by combining two single beds so the place where beds are combined are uncomfortable.

A big property, a lot of greenery, a big swimming pool and complete privacy.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

Several things!! This was not a nice place to stay!! Visible mould was all over our walls in the room with the most terrible smell. The bed was so hard my partner and I both had back issues afterwards. Staff were very rude and breakfast left much to be desired.

The quietness of the location

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Family Suite

Breakfast very ordinary with the same food for 7 days. At times they ran out of items and the hot food being cold and looking like it had been their for sometime.

Room very spacious for family having two bathrooms and being 2 storey provides extra space

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Family Suite

Not enough plugs in the room so had to get a multi-plug from reception

The spa was magnificent with a 40% discount for hotel guests, the breakfast was incredible with a huge selection, and the grounds are so big and well maintained. Staying here was like being in Paradise

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

In the reception they make a big confusion because of the towell and the receipt of Credit card reservation. I use a reservation in booking site and pay with another. They didn't have signal to give me the receipt and in check out the receipt not have ready. But the place is very good.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The staff during the day was great, while the night staff was so impolite and even can't speak English

The location is so comfort and easy to access to the city center and beach

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The size of the meals very small could be more generous servings for thee price.

The staff very friendly and helpful. Although many of the staff do not understand English very well were eager to understand and help. Great location close enough to beach but far enough away from the busy Patong area.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

We wanted to stay on for another week, however the Management wouldn't match the price we got from Booking.com ... so we left and went somewhere else

The entire location was very relaxing. The grounds were immaculate and all three pools were excellent. The location is within walking distance and if you don't like walking, there are plenty of taxis and tuk tuk's at the front gate.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

I had booked a De Lux room in garden wing with garden view and it was available on the date I made the booking for the date I needed,when we arrived there they had allocated us to another room,in their view an upgraded(the offered room included tube)I I explained I want to stay in the room I had chosen they refused,also among the aminities in the room when I booked was a minibar and a refrigerator neither the room they offered had a refrigerator nor they had it in the whole hotel.They said it is booking.com fault to put wrong information. General speaking this hotel is mainly booked by organized travel agency from two countries in Asia,they do not care to individual guests. When I reminded them that i would report to booking.com they smiled and replied do what ever you wish. another important issue is that they had already charged my credit card for 50% of the booking but forced me to pay the remaining 50% on arrival.and worst of all on top of all they forced me to pay 3000 Thai currency as deposit for unexpected loss or damage of their property,something never experienced in 40 years travelling world wide. I sent SMS to booking.com office in Bangkok they did not respond.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The service isn't that fantastic. I called them regarding about the bathroom sink is choke. They didn't turn up at all. Also, called about the blind to get it fixed, they didn't turn up. The bedsheets is not comfortable at all. Too rough and uncomfortable.

The pool is amazing

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

If rooms have free wifi. It's only available in the lobby.

The place was very clean, specially it had a very big green area, which gives a beautiful look.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Superior Twin Room

1-The staff were very rude. 2-Our wifi never worked the two weeks we were there. 3- the electricity was out for 5 hours for 3 days. 4- the phones weren't working for 2 days and we wanted to order room service. Being with kids they were crying and hungry it was difficult cause we had to take them with us and walk a 5 min walk to reception to order. 6- went to the spa to get a massage and it was awful the massus nails were so long it was like she was digging in to my back. 7- upon checkout I wasn't going to complain but they were rude to us so I decided I would. I asked to speak to the manager they said it was her day off. I then asked to speak to someone under the manager they said no can do. I said how can u be a working hotel if u don't have a head for me to speak to. The whole staff just gathered and laughed. I then complained about the above and they laughed and just started at me. I demanded an apology and they wouldn't apologize. Will never be staying there again!!!

The pool and pool bar

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Everything is far like the lobby to our room and the stairs no lifts. But they do provide buggys to take you around.

The pools are so beautiful and huge, the gardens are so well looked after as this hotel is huge, takes long to just get to the lobby from our room. Most of the staff are nice. Quiet room which I like.. We loved our stay and would go back.

Stayed in May 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The breakfast for its price could be much better.

The great garden and huge territory just right in the middle of Patong beach. It's impressive.

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Too many signs . Signs for everything. Very slow check in check out but not too bad.

Swim up bar. Bar staff. The truck stop. Location great.

Location and friendly staff

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bed to firm, not enough English tv stations.

The pool and pool bar. Location

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

Do not let us eat fruit in the room😂

• Grand Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the worst hotel i have ever been to

The WIFI IS BAD

The SPA

garden swiming pool

garden swiming pool

breakfast time finish very soon , i should be finish at 10:30 or 11:00

swiming pool , nature ,

• Superior Twin Room

The floor like the bothroom look

Big place hotel but not update, verything was so and so, not complain, no any surprising . It is getting old now.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

The comfort of the bed and the rooms location most of them far from the facilities

The location and the pool

Staff were very rude

Pool is great, overall very clean,

• Superior Twin Room

Every single thing is charged even the local phone call.

The facilities in the spa like child club & swimming pools.

Air conditioning to noise

Very good

Not comfortable,location

I stayed for two hours i couldnt last longer

The staff

Swimming pool,location

The bed could be softer

Paradise amongst the Kaos, fantastic staff

Rome service

Garden and swiming pool

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

good for family and we are 7 thy like it nice brekfast good food and we tack fameil stud and its biger room too my family i love it

i love it

The central location

• Superior Twin Room

great hotel. excellence location, huge territory, facilities for all age of guests. great breakfast. nice stuff. value for money. highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room in Garden Wing

little bath there is no bathtub

great location,nice garden and amazing pool

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Rooms are aging, it is as a return trip last time was 2005

Huge gardens, 36 acres, giving you a quiet oasis in otherwise noisy Patong

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Twin Room

Cleanlness,well organization,hospitality,comfort and many facilities,cooperative and friendly staff

It was an amazing place

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Staff were unfriendly and some unhelpful. Customer service needs work.

The swimming pools were fantastic and probably the best thing about the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 May 2016

Bed was too firm for me I would have liked the pool to be open for an hour later

Swimming was awesome Breakfast was good The staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Avoid staying in this hotel if you do not like walking a lot under the heat. The hotel is huge and it took 10 minutes to walk from the gate to my room and 7 minutes, but they have limited number of golf car for a ride. We called for the golf car 10 times and they only came 5 times. Average waiting time was 15-20 minutes for a ride to front desk. If you don't like waiting and walking, do not stay in this hotel. In addition, general level of English was very poor and they hardly understood me even for basic sentences. The only person that I felt understood was the staff in travel agency that was located in front of lobby, which has nothing to do with hotel. They seriouly need to improve the English skills for the staff and better communication skills would be appreciated.

Swimming pool is amazing.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

Their policy on friends visiting was over the top My friends (2) were staying else where and were not aloud to visit apart from the lobby So to spend time with them we had to go off site Like a lot of Asian resorts the bed was only slightly more comfortable than the floor 😊

Excellent pools Excellent location Excellent staff Beautiful grounds

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

The stuff was rude and not helpful at all. For the area which is located on other side most of time you need to walk a long distance to the lobby and the restaurant.

Its located in a good place,nice view,& it has big swimming pools.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

pool towels could be at every pool not just at one

the room was huge clean , service from the staff excellent ,grounds were magnificent pools so many huge , food was honest and very good too staff really go out of there way to make your stay happy

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

Front receptionist. Pool staff and alllllllllllllllllllllll. (Even the house keeping better then there all). When booking all are good and excellent. After check in there will tell you all the reason and regulation. I feel I got chicting. Anyway......... All is pass and I will not go back anymore. Since Phuket have so many many hotel and resort. The management have not appreciate all the guest like us. If any one of you are not believe what I write. You can try and see and you will understand later. Thanks

Swimming pool. Jungle feeling. That's all.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

internet connection was a disaster. Most of the time, we could not get any internet and the hotel staff always said "sorry sir it is broken and couldn't be fixed". The bed sheets and pillows were terrible. The sheets felt sticky (even new sheets) + pillows were very hard and uncomfortable. the staff told us this is all they have and can not replace them. "Sorry sir..."

The hotel grounds environment was good. Excellent for children to play in the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

No wifi in the rooms even if you are willing to pay. They provided us with some passcode, but it was not working. The rooms were not cleaned properly. The Iron room is open only between specific hours and is in one corner of the resort. Its suppose to be a resort, but the reality is far from it...

Location. Its close to the beach. swimming pool !!!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2015

the facility is a bit old. and the hotel itself is good, but the patong beach is not beautiful any more, the sea water is very polluted. I don't think that we will come back to Phuket for another visit.

the swimming pool is very nice and beautiful. our kids enjoyed a lot. The hotel is very big like a park.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2015

the room smells really moldy ... I can't stand it And the bed is so damp... Very uncomfortable . I can't sleep all night!

Location Close to Paton beach and the place is quiet

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

the room is very very very humid that I cannot get asleep for the first night

The resort is very big with beautiful scenery. The swimming pool is awesome. My kid liked it very much. We enjoyed a lot. Food is fair with Thai typical cuisine but limited of selections. Breakfast is good but not so many fruits. I suppose in Thailand, fruits have a wide variety.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

Staff are very rude & the manager had a attitude issue were he shouted on one of my family and when i raised my voice he sounded like a little puppy but didn't appologize

Is suits my family & the rooms are comfortable

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

1. Beds and pillows really hard and uncomfortable. 2. Shower filthy. Mouldy and clumps of hair in shower. 3. Unable to have 2 towels each at the pool area. 4. Breakfast was the same every day - need to offer something differ went each day. 5. Had to pay for a broken glass - your staff caused the break by leaving wooden container on shelf where it fell from. 6. Couldn't put toilet paper in toilet.....terrible for a supposed 4 star hotel. 7. should have had clean sheets every day.

The pool was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

No wifi in the rooms in the 21st century is not acceptable.

Fantastic garden and pool. Maintenance is perfect everything is the same like 15 years ago or better.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

The bed & pillows where hard as bricks We ate at the hotel most days, on the last day had breakfast & lunch about 2 hrs later had stomach pains & biarrhoea.

Staff where excellaint couldn't do enough for you

• Reviewed: 6 August 2015

My journey of Phukit with my 5 children I booked family room I asked to hotel for extra bed on cost but they refused my request they insist for one more room they broke my family in two rooms i am very disappointed to their this act

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

The hotel room was horrible - it was moldy and damp. We asked for a double bed and got two single beds. The air conditioning didn't work neither. So I asked if we could change the room. After being told several times that the hotel was fully booked which clearly was a lie. They then finally found a room which had stains on the bed, a moldy shower and the whole place smelled of mold! Staff was overall rude and not helpful at all! I would never go back there! On top the cleaning staff asked both my partner and me on several occasions for extra money to clean our room.

The breakfast was good - a range of different dishes available and food was filled up quickly when empty. The best thing about the hotel is the location! A couple of minutes of walk from the beach and the main shopping streets with all the bars!

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The staff at the breakfast restaurant was very rude on the first day of our stay and did not allow us to take some bread a d fruits to our rooms (we had booked 2), despite I informing them that my wife and child were unwell and couldnt come to the restaurant. Also, check out can be a really testing time, as there is no sense of urgency amongst the front desk staff.

I thought the proximity of the resort to Patong Beach was a big plus, as was the generously planned green areas within. Also, I thought that the rooms were quite spacious, although the view from the balconies could be better.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Staff hospitality are really bad, that's why we stayed only two nights instead of 7 days. We check in other hotel little bit less quality but excellent staff. And all my family members were happy.

Nice Hotel and clean

• Reviewed: 6 April 2015

Discoloured grout in shower due to infrequent proper cleaning and a creaky, lumpy mattress that felt like it should have been retired a decade ago.

The grounds, pools and location are all value for money.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2015

The free wifi is slow, but we didn't go on holiday for wifi. So not really an issue.

The huge gardens mean that this resort is peaceful and relaxing while only a short walk to busy and lively Patong. Very clean, friendly staff and excellent facilities, rooms and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

The staff were a little hit and miss, some extremely helpful. Others spoke none or extremely little english that we may as well have searched for the answers to our questions by ourselves. The wifi was extremely poor! It was free in the hotel lobby, but was always super slow because of the number of people using it. But this is definitely no deal breaker, as if you really need to connect then the free wifi in the restaurants in town were all very fast and convenient!

I booked the hotel for me and my mum for 5 nights. Purely based on the situation in Patong. Didn't realise how big the resort actually was! You honestly don't feel like you're in the midst of a super busy place. I would definitely recommend for people who want to unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle at the end of the day. The pool(s) were amazing! Super clean and lovely temperature to cool down at the end of the day. Didn't eat much in the hotel, other than breakfast on a few of the days, but for the type of breakfast I eat - it was more than adequate.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2015

Only issue was interent, but really no big as you get full coverage in foyer.

Found the resort to be clean, and staff very friendly, loved the location. Highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Bad wifi. Too slow, only at lobby. Mosquitoes were bad. Needed more free water. Too picky on swin suits and towels hanging outside.

Clean place and location.

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Duangjitt Resort and Spa traveller photo gallery