Reviews of Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

396-396/1 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Muang, Krabi, 81000 Ao Nang Beach, Thailand

#50 of 176 hotels in Ao Nang Beach

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

I would like to visit again. Thanks
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Dinner at international restaurant. Food was very bad. But for hotel breakfast was very good

The location, the beach, the mountains, the room, the stuff, the monkey trail walk, the shuttle boat to hotel, the pool, the breakfast all exceeded expectation beautiful place i recommend it for families, honeymooners, couples.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Not at all worth the amount you spend for stay
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Unfriendly staff, very poor standard and taste of food. Not at all worth the amount you spend here.Room was promised to be sea facing but was given a room with a big tree blocking the whole view. Spa in the room was not working initially. The toiletries were not renewed daily. Not suitable for toddlers and infants. The cart is not available most of time, they ask you to keep waiting.Then you have to climb up the stairs on hill to the room. If the boat service is not available then to reach the resort you have to move through the hill on old wooden stairs.Adventure for some but very risky if you have toddlers and young kids. It’s set up in nature so there are insects and mosquitoes everywhere. Not good for kids. Wifi was not in range in our rooms.Over all experience was horrible.

The surrounding hill around the resort and pristine sea

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Would not recommend if you're looking for stress free stay.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Tired with a 2 hours flight, 1 hour drive from airport to Lobby and waiting of another 30 minutes from Car to Pier and another 20 Minutes from Pier to Hotel, we arrive at this hotel only to be walking another 700meters up hill with us carrying our own bags when the hotel actually could have transported us through buggies and golf cars. The staff was very rude on checkin. The checkout was worse since they started knocking on our doors at 10:00 am to collect our bags which was almost like kicking us out of the hotel. They kept coming back every 10 minutes to collect our bags and we finally had to give in our bags for checkout and leave the damn hotel for good at 11:00 am. you constantly have to worry about the transfer in and out and is not easy as they make you think it is, you have to book hours in advance to take a boat into the main krabi town and you then have to book several hours in advance to get into the hotel. If you're looking for a 5 star stay without the hassles please do look elsewhere, this place is definitely not for you.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Beautiful

Bugs

Breath taking view best beach wonderful hotel my one and only suggestion is take bug / mosquito spay with you. It’s nature you can’t controll bugs.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

nice location

breakfast should have more Halal verity. came during monsoon so the beach is not clean

the 2 bedroom villa was good. pool was a little small but still ok. furniture is old and need to change.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Loved it, But not in the Wet!
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Be aware that if it’s wet you are quite restricted on what you can do. The monkey trail is the only way in and out except for the boat. If it’s wet it can be dangerous or if your not very fit or have knee or leg issues. It’s only about 1km long but goes up then over the large hill/mountain.

Love the resort, private beach and very helpful and friendly staff, was clean and beautiful with the odd monkey visit!

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

Terrible experience, bad attitude staff, never again!
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Staff needs to be properly trained. The staff at this hotel did not treat us Well. From the moment we arrived there, staff was rude and all had a snappy attitude towards every question we had. It felt as they were passing judgment on us since we didn’t look like we could afford such a resort. My experience as this supposedly five star resort, was so horrific that I will most likely never stay at this brand hotel ever again.

We did enjoy the room we received since it was an ocean view. The room was great but the staff not so great.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

will never go back again.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Really bad service. On the last day when we had to check out it was raining. We called the front desk to request for a buggy to head the down the hill (I have a 1 year old toddler and my husband recently got hit by a car and couldn’t really walk down the stairs). The front desk was extremely rude and refused to assist. He even hung up on me. I had to call him back and he replied in a very rude manner that he will send the buggy over. It is in an extremely inconvenient place, you will have to take a boat every time you want to visit the town. The boat service might take a while as well. We waited more than 20 mins pass the stipulated departure time. Complimentary drinking water in the room had a piece of unidentifiable white object floating in it. Remember to bring loads of insect repellent as well as the place is infested with bugs and mosquitoes.

Nice pool, decent children’s playroom and really liked that they provided a stuffed toy for the baby.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

The property is indeed GRAND as the name goes.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Thailand is known for its hospitality. But I was shocked at GRAND CENTARA. Our rooms were never cleaned, we had to ask them again and again and remind them hour after hour to clean our 2 rooms. After coming back to our room we realised that our previous soiled dirty plates and bowls are still kept in the balcony with zillion of flies all over it but of course House Keeping did not clear it because its the Room service job. I took two rooms next to each other, 1191 / 1192 in the other room i had my children. They asked me if if would like to pay deposit for both rooms for incidental charges, i requested that they take it only for 1 room. During this visit, i was out side and called my room but i couldnt connect because they had locked my children;s room telephone. Shocking. Worse: at the pool side, we ordered a Club Sandwich, and decided to sit on the chair and table which was also a causal place next to the pool, and suddenly a waiter walked up to us an said we should order something else and that we will not get our sandwhich here, because its from a different restaurant. I could not believe it. they refused to serve it to me. Then they had a counter selling Coconut water at a promotional price of 100Bhat each, i asked the waiter to get me 3 of those and he refused because apparently that promotion was from another restaurant, i walked up there and ordered it my self and then the waiter came running and said OK OK, I ll get it. I failed to understand it. Now the worst: My wife twisted and fractured her foot so i ran to the waiter of outdoor restaurant and he suggested that i inform at the reception. I informed the reception and she takes out a huge map, showing me my location and that i had to walk up a KM to location no. 20. I was shocked, i told her my wife can not walk, she was in pain.

The property is indeed GRAND as the name goes. It has a nice private beach , beautiful pool, nice restaurants

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Private beach and outdoor activities like kayaking etc,...

The late check in @3pm and shortage of a-la-carte Thai cuisine

Private beach and outdoor activities like kayaking etc, fabulous breakfast spread ,the surrounding , lovely pool

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

The location is excellent.
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

The reception staff are really not helpful or knowledgable. Staff keep disturbing you by ringing the bell or calling your room at odd times. The speedboat frequency to Ao nang needs to be increased or at-least the number of boats.

The location is excellent. Got upgraded to a beach facing from a garden facing. The pizzas & cocktails at the beachfront restaurant On the Rocks is amazing. The Thai restaurant Suan Bua is a must go.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Excellent location, private beach and outstanding atmosphere
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Excellent location with a private quiet beach, large pools and plenty of spacer to hold all the guests with great comfort. Hagi Japanese restaurant has great food and outstanding service

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

the staff here are very friendly,customers need to take...

Everything is so good

the staff here are very friendly,customers need to take hotel's boat to accommodation,they have time table for the boat,when we checked in there was a Chinese staff she is so nice!

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

The muya Thai lesson with BE was really good.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Wanted to have a continental breakfast before we left the hotel and took ages to have an answer whether it was possible or not so we had to leave on an empty stomach

The muya Thai lesson with BE was really good. We absolutely loved it !!

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

Very relaxing stay at the resort.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

I have to make a reservation for the transportation boat so I can leave the resort, which means I have to schedule the time I want to spend outside of the resort. The boat schedule is really tight. I might not be able to leave or come back to the resort at the time I wanted.

The place is not very crowded. I always manage to get a beach chair by the swimming pool or at the beach. Spa and dining are also very nice.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Little paradise
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

It’s lake of F&b professional supervisor , or Manager during the dinner time .

This property located at a private bay , which give you a feeling that you are staying in an island .

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Amazing resort to completely relax and pamper yourself
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

We have a pattern of returning to the room around 5pm from the beach and slowly get ready for dinner and evening. However, our room was never cleaned until than, so we always needed to stop our preparations to let the cleaning lady in the room. That was a bit annoying, since you are expecting your room to be cleaned before 5pm.

Perfect resort situated in the national park and separated from the busy Ao Nang area. For anyone searching for a perfect place to relax and be pampered for few days, fully recommend. Staff is friendly and welcoming, facilities amazing, there is so much activities to do every day organised by hotel itself. Would definitely recommend Sunset tour with bubbles and dinner after in one of the resort restaurants.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

It was my first time ever to stay in a beach resort in Thailand, and it Was enjoyable stay and had g
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

They told that breakfast starts at 6 .. but i came at 615 it wasnt started yet .. it was late till about 645.

Very friendly staff , they have four resturants ,

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Private beachfront luxury
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Air con could have been better and it was a bit of a palaver to get more water.

The room was amazing - extra comfy bed in the middle of the room, rainfall shower, hot tub on the balcony, the ultimate luxury. Right on a private sandy beach, offering free kayak hire to neighbouring bays. Good choice of food varieties.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

One of my favoirte hotel rooms ever!

The only thing we did not like was not really the hotel's fault. We bought a group tour through the hotel to the Phi Phi Islands. Both the tour boat and the islands were packed with people. I would not recommend going on that tour.

Everything is beautiful, the views, the beach, the pool the facilities. The Sunset cruise was absolutely fantastic. Small group and glorious views. The staff was very nice and helpful. The location is remote, really just by boat. But that's what we wanted for few days. It was easy to arrange transportation with them to and from the airport. The breakfast options were amazing. All the food and drinks were very good. The prices were resort prices, but still less then USA resort prices. We loved loved our room, in spite of all the steps to get there. The view was stunning, the super comfortable bed faced the window/view. I love the side covered porch too where I could listen to real jungle noises. The closet design was so cool, with access from both the bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was very big too. We were not used to only drinking bottled water. They brought more in you asked and the gym had a water cooler

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Definitely no value for money!
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Where to start... the housekeeping of the hotel is a disaster. The bathroom has been probably never cleaned properly: water stains overall!!!! we had the spa deluxe room with whirpool on the balcony, which was a joke... first of all the whirpool wasn’t even cleaned before our arrival (was full with sand probably from the previous guests) and as I asked the guy to show us how it works turned out it wasn’t working at all :)) so it had to be fixed upon arrival (but no offer to change the room).. on another day we called the housekeeping for 2 extra towels (because we didn’t have towels for the “whirpool”) and we has to wait 2 hours and call 2 more times (incl. front desk) to get those towels!! Breakfast is every day the same and not the quality and variety of a 5* Hotel! There are some sunbed by the pool... this is also a story! Some people (most of them) go before breakfast, leave there towel on sunbed ans come back around 11 o’clock... practically at 9 o’clock you don’t have any chance to get a sunbed by the pool, bur there is almost no one!! Just towels!! And all those kids and the noise... definitely not recommended for couples who look for tranquility! This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY hotel...

Very helpful and friendly front desk. Beautiful landscape. Beach not crowded (separate from Ao Nang beach). Very good Spa (alao expensive).

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Beyond expectations.
    • Club Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I dont recall being dislike in any other way. I loved everything at Centara. However, lots, and lots of kids running around among adults areas. Kids should have their own areas to hang out.

What did I like most? Easy: EVERYTHING.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

The rooms are lovely and staff v friendly.
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Constant noise from hundreds of longboats, constant noise from large air conditioning units on roof of function rooms outside our rooms, long queues for breakfast, too many guests for facilities so crowded with no beach or pool chair availability, limited English speaking staff, disorganized, stressful, drunk heavily tattoed guests with screaming kids. It was awful!

The rooms are lovely and staff v friendly. Duty manager Mol was very helpful and switched on. Helped us when we wanted to leave early after 2 days of our very disappointing 5 day stay.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Lovely hotel, Great beach & Pools, Nice big rooms.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The service wasnt great, little touches missing.... No real pool drinks service.

Lovely beach, lots of beds, great pools, lovely grounds and nice clean, big and comfortable rooms with great aircon and big balconys etc. Good food

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

If you have children they will most likely like the location...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The restaurants did not meet our expectations with the exception of the japanese restaurant Hagi.

If you have children they will most likely like the location as this is a family oriented resort. Nice room.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

You can spend a very nice holiday in the area.The Thai massages are five to ten times more expensive
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

the staff would have to be better trained in places and the cleanliness in the bathroom could be a bit better

the whole hotel area is very nice and the beach is fully in line with expectations

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Not worth it
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The location is remote you need a boat to reach there, and there is no indication of that when booking! Then you feel trapped in a resort with mediocare service and prices that are higher than town! The staff were not helpful, the concierge had a non bothered attitude, everything was overpriced and overrated.

I loved leaving the property

• Reviewed: March 29, 2018

The resort is placed in a national park , surrounded by high...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

I didn't like that my room had an air conditioning issue ( it could not be turned off completely ) witch resulted in a cold for me. They did managed to change my room after 3 days, to a proper room , even tho i have pointed this issue from day one. ( and after 3 checks from their maintenance staff ). The rooms are worn out, and not that clean. This was our third stay in a 5 star resort in our Thailand trip and comparing them all i can say that the services here are the poorest, especially with the frontdesk staff. They dont seem too prepared and trained. Another thing i did not like was that outside their free ferry hours, for example early morning at 6 am, if you want to get out of the resort they can provide a private boat ride, 10x the price you can get directly from the main town. They provide free 1/h per guest per day of free kayak/paddleboards. ( the next hours are billed to 200bht/150bht). But the equipment they provide is old and the kayaks they provide does not have saddle/back support, so after a 30 minute double kayak ride our backs hurt for days after. Most of the kayaks for rent i saw on Railay's Beach ( a beach close by ) provided this back supports saddle, so i would suggest to get one from another place. They provided only 2 bottle (0.5l) of complimentary water per room per day, witch forced you to buy from the resort more drinking water. On other 5 stars resort i have been to in Thailand they provided 4 bottles per day per room and also , free water at the pool.

The resort is placed in a national park , surrounded by high cliffs, forests and the sea. This can make the access a bit difficult but we managed to go in town ( Aonang) daily by monkey trail. ( a 10 min walk). The beach from the resort is nice, clear and not crowded.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Very nice resort - not worth the money...
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

All the room (bath, toilet) with a see through white glass... (not very suitable for family...). They pablicate room size as 75-80 sqm, but more than 60% are balconies so you left with a normal size room (nice for couples not more. missing a shuttle boat to the nearest city (Ao Nang).

Very good location, very nice staff

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Just the location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

It was our last location part of our honeymoon. We stayed there 3 nights, and tried not to stay in the resort as much as we could, we weren’t comfortable at all!!! Before our arrival, nobody mentioned to us (on the phone /or email /or anything).. that I had to make a deposit- we positively declined telling at the reception that we will pay with cash or debit whatever we are gonna ask for... instead, these people- when we arrived into our room after checkin they were taking everything out from the minibar- making us feel like we were not welcomed in a good manner. (Just to mention that we stayed in other resorts and nobody there make us feel like this) The price is not worth it, the attitude of the employees is very bad and had a negative impact for us. Very dissapointed about the room we stayed in, insects -big cockroach inside the bathroom, not tidy. The shower was full with rust and mold. Not recommending this resort at all!

Just the location

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Beautiful place
    • Club Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Staff were very helpful villa was clean although remote there is a trail that you can walk into town. Not for the unfit or those with walking difficulties - lots of steps

Ok stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Breakfast was bad. Overall the food was bad - even the lotus court restaurant food was poor. The Discovery desk - travel desk by centara for booking sight seeings was helpful only till the trip goes good. When something bad happens, they say that it is a 3rd party and not our responsibility. We had a trip to Emerald pool with cattery - 3rd party agent booked by Centara. They were so unprofessional people - they did not allow my wife to feed the baby as i was travelling with a baby. Moreover they cheated me at one restaurant - most likely owned by them. I would like Centara Grand to look into the matter and make sure to change the 3rd party agent for such trips. The other thing I did not like was prefixing/ booking a seat for a trip to pier or coming back to hotel. The hotel is away from the pier and is accessible only by boat. Why should a guest book in advance about his day trip to pier? Why should he needs to wait for an hour if the boat is full.

The Staff upgraded us to a villa - it was a nice gesture.

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Stunning hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Ao Nang
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Didn’t always get water in the room

Excellent location on a private beach which was much more relaxed than being in Ao Nang. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious with lots of outside space. It was easy to walk over the Monkey Trail into Ao Nang (saw monkeys on one day) or get the shuttle boat to the pier. The breakfast buffet was very good with choices for all tastes. We made good use of the kayaks to explore nearby beaches at Tonsai, Railay and Phra Nang. An excellent hotel!

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Overall Beautiful Place if You are Looking for Isolation.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

To get to and from the property requires a boat or a hike over a hill that is great for fitness, but not if you're out of shape or carrying bags. If you are wanting isolation, this is great. If you are wanting to have a night time experience, it's a pain. The hot water didn't work two times within the 2 nights I was there, which required calling for staff. Both times they fixed it, however the process took 45+ minutes.

The layout of the room is spacious and open and the views were nice. The bathroom was stocked with enough stuff I didn't even need to open my bag. The pool is amazing if you're looking for pool time and the amount of food options on the property are significant. It is private and away from the town which may be nice for families with kids. We arrived early and they came up with a solution so we weren't stuck without a room which was a bonus.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Amazing...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

if boat service intervals would be shorter...but still not a big deal

everything from A-Z was excellent...we stayed 4 nights and we enjoyed it very very much...we are accustomed to stay only at the best 5 stars and luxury hotels whenever we travel and by far the best accommodation experience we had on this trip to thailand ;) Highly recommended if you are looking for a special and unique experience.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Nice hotel which need a good manager !

The room are very dirty (dusty and dirty windows) Restaurant organization (need to book a table in advance)

The location is great, the private beach is really nice, friendly staff, the breakfast is very good The room size, the pool, free shuttle : all good

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Not 5 stars at all!! Got a european center parks feel.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Got the feeling that the setup is to make as much money as possible. Training staff for breakfast only costs money, so why bother? This is just one example.

Beautiful location. Could be perfect

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Very enjoyable, staff were great. The villa room let the rest of the property down.
    • Club Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The villa room we stayed at was very old and tired, we had a lot of problems with the AC system and after two days they finally changed the thermostat and we had a AC system which worked again. The bedroom reading light on one side of the bed did not work and we had a lot of problems with the front door key and end up changing the room keys 2-3 times but the problem still persisted up until the day we checked out. We also found some cockroaches in the room which house keeping assisted with cleaning up. We understand the villa is close to nature but it seems the maintenance has not been kept up which let the rest of the property down. The staff offered a small discount to our final bill on check out as a small compensation to the challenges we experienced. If I stayed at this resort again, maybe the other rooms are better maintained.

The location and staff were great. The private beach and surrounding area, really set this property apart from many other properties. The food selection at the restaurants and quality was enjoyable with enough variety to meet the requirements of a person staying at the property more than a few days. The property was very quiet which made it a great setting to relax or participate in day trips to islands or the beach activates they had at the resort. The Resort had close contact with the natural elements both in flora and fauna and made for a nice environment. The dinner option on the beach was an amazing experience and one that we will remember for a long time, with a special thanks to Andrew and his F&B team for dealing with the weather in the afternoon.

• Reviewed: March 4, 2018

Amazing
    • Club Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We both visited the Centara and we more so highly impressed with the level of service of at the Centara. The ambience was so relaxing and we thoroughly enjoyed the individualistic service at the Club room. As vegetarians the Lotus court restaurant really did cater well for us. Every moment of our stay including the private sunset dinner on the beach was an amazing experience that we would never forget. We would like to say a special heartfelt thankyou to Cha, Jack and Mika (all in the Club Room), they were the most warm, welcoming and genuinely beautiful people we have met in a long time

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

the resort is great, and even when Krabbi and Ao Nang are...

there is only one problem with Centara, and thats the way they manage transfers to the hotel. You need to know, that the main way to the resort, is via a free ferry, every 30 min. The issue only 30 people fit on the ferry, and its first come first serve, with priority given to airport transfers. Centara dont manage the process and as such it means that you can be waiting on the pier for the next ferry, even if you have booked a seat. This happened twice to us during a 1 week stay.

the resort is great, and even when Krabbi and Ao Nang are heaving with tourists, Centara is peaceful, the private beach, and limited access is certainly an advantage.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Staff super friendly and helpful, room was excellent with...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Staff super friendly and helpful, room was excellent with amazing view. Very good coordination for going to airport Breakfast delicious One of the best places I’ve been

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

The location is too good and best may be in Krabi it’s an...
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The Jacuzzi was very dirty and it had to be cleaned all the time so that’s wat I paid premium for but could not use it well. Manger was very helpful at the same time helpless as they were over booked and could not give and upgrade but mend it with a complimentary dinner

The location is too good and best may be in Krabi it’s an island in itself

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Fantastic room with outside jacuzzi overlooking the bay.
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

1st world prices, third world service. They just haven’t got it right at all. Maid service after 3 pm, one bar, cold food, charming but clueless staff. Boat service is all wrong. Generally operationally poor.

Fantastic room with outside jacuzzi overlooking the bay. Beautiful.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

good location and very picturesque staff were friendly and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

room and hotel need refurbishing not enough room around the pool area. poor service around the pool area during the day.

good location and very picturesque staff were friendly and good service in the evening.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

Cozy and comfy room, the view of our room ( mountain view...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The bathroom flooded due to blocked drain hole ( not by us ), but was fixed quickly by maintenance staff...👍🙏

Cozy and comfy room, the view of our room ( mountain view and beach view at the same time ) breakfast was especially 1st class, tasty and rich in diversity...

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

• Spa Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Bed not so comfy. Noisy longtal boats at see side. 11 years old hotel, i need to say: used. Not my best 5* hotel in my life.

Nice surround, pleasant attendant. Good location. Breakfast is brilliant.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

The resort was amazing, the views was one of the best...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

We called for a shuttle to pick us up at the airport and early check in, but nobody was at the airport to pick us up and take us to the boat which would have taken us to the resort, we called the hotel 5 times to ask them if someone will pick us up yet they couldn't give us a proper answer then after waiting for 1 hour we decided to take a taxi to the pier.. eventually we got there and none of the staff could tell us why we were not picked up. Eventually got to the resort and we had to wait 5 hours to be checked in cause check in time was only at 15:00, as we were waiting to be checked in, we noticed lots of people complaining about why they can't check in. we went at 13:00 to check if the room was ready yet and the gentleman saw a key laying on the table and just gave us that key.

The resort was amazing, the views was one of the best I've ever seen

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Paradise on earth.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The prices for drinks and food was too high for local context. I would say you paid twice as much as what you would pay for same thing in Kuala Lumpur.

The location was fantastic, rooms were adequate and very comfortable. The pool, restaurants and other facilities were very good. Daily 1 hr free kayaking was very nice.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

I only recommend this place if you want to stay only in the hotel, eat&drink but see or do nothing.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Reception is extremly inflexible, they make you wait a lot at checkin. And they only transport you to Nopparat beach, no matter where you want to go...

Food, room, pool and kids playroom was great!

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

Great resort with super facilities and food.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Service was very slow and had to be reminded 3-4 times to get basics like water replenished in the room.

Great resort with super facilities and food. It has a private beach which was great and is very luxurious.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Pleasant stay except for the check in and problems with the room facilities.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Staff don’t understand English and takes no initiative. When you need something they take very long to get it to you. Hair dryer was open and not safe to use had to wait to dry my hair. Staff called me while I was sleeping.

I liked the Restaurant on the Rocks

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Great service & location, but to much for what you're actually getting. (especially in thailand)
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Food & drinks ridicules expensive. Our rooms was worn-out. (1055) (Hotel can use a proper overhaul.)

The Pool is great, the location is great, the service is fantastic.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

special
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

very expensive to by simple things at the hotel and the town is 15 min by boat , bring things with you..design is very very old..meny cucarachas at the room and it eats the sugar at the coffee drawer. we told this at the reception they did nothing and wern't look so surprised

private beach much nicer than railly inside a beautiful jungle very good food at all restaurants brakfest is wowowowowooooo

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Lovely Holiday
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Unfortunately staff doesn't understand English and is not kindly and helpful. Many times I order something in the restaurant but I got something else which sounds maybe similar like ( French fries = rice :) )

Lovely location and view from the Island. It is the best hotel for someone who just want to rest in very high standard hotel in magical place.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2018

Incredible!
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The Centara is a romantic getaway with a semi-private beach and insane amenities. It’s away from the town of Ao Nang but it’s fairly easy to get to town with a twenty minute walk along the monkey trail (sadly didn’t see any monkeys.... there’s a good amount of stairs and it IS a bit of a workout) or by boat if you book ahead of time. The beach was great and semi-private with great staff. Able to paddle board or kayak through the bays around the hotel, we took a kayak to Railay beach and it took about 25 minutes of rowing only. Pretty speedy hotel, this was by far the most expensive resort we stayed at but they make up for it by making it possible to enjoy every aspect of the resort throughout the day.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The walls of the room were stained with the marks of several big squished bugs! Some of the reception staff and waiters could not speak English

Fantastic setting and a pristine beach. Excellent selection of top notch food

• Reviewed: January 12, 2018

fairly overvalued hotel- best for families
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Room charge was much over than the hotel deserves and they almost ripped with one extra night on the the final bill Restaurant facilities is under the requirements breakfast is ordinary international- very few local taste - good for fat lovers Staff is fairly under trained (many waiters don't speak english) zero flexibility- we got a room on the the top (150 steps) for triple money than the current market charge they could offer the free jacuzzi room closer to the beach

Location is unique indeed but negative you are trapped and can only escape via boat or the steep monkey trail (disabled forget) Beach is clean and offering one hour kayak for free is superb Hourly boat service to Pier

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

True Thailand
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Check in process is rather long winded. You need to take a courtesy bus away from the hotel reception to board a courtesy boat back to the hotel

Secluded cove in a nature reserve setting, true Thailand!

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

The view is stunning and the staff from restaurants and...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The staff didn’t introduce all the facilities that we can use when we check in,for example, we don’t know there is a one hour frew rental of kayaking and SUP. And we have no any clue we can use it until we found out ourselves. The staff didn’t give us accurate information when we check in. Not well trained. And the room is not clean enough, for example, we saw hairs in toilet which should not happen to the luxurious hotel.

The view is stunning and the staff from restaurants and reception are nice and polite. Very relax during the stay.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Real disappointment
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

1. Value of money totally wrong. 2. Food and Beverage just awful ( we checked all restaurants in resort) In Grill restaurant they give us different food from what we order and poor quality food. They bring for us pork instead of beef steak. And we guess poor nice waiter had to pay for kitchen faults. 3. No entertainments at all and this is an important thing since there is nothing around.

The stuff on the front desk and one waiter at the Grill restaurant was nice there.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

Overall a comfortable stay.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

it was a on a private island so had to take a ferry to the main ao nang street everytime. Hotel boats shuttle every hour. Found that inconvenient.

Overall a comfortable stay. Good private beach, great pool, big rooms & good food.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

Relaxing stay in beautiful surroundings
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The restaurants are pricey, there are not really 'budget' options.

The pool and beach area are beautiful. The beach is very quiet and relaxing. If you walk to either end of the beach, you might be able to see the famous monkeys in the trees. The included water sports was a great bonus, we made use of it every day. It is a perfect beach to learn how to paddle board due to the calm and shallow water. The rooms are lovely. We had a garden view room and really liked it, they have a very luxurious bath tub there. The food in the Thai restaurant and the Japanese restaurant were exceptionally nice. There is a great atmosphere in the Japanese restaurant, it is a bit smaller than the other restaurants which makes it feel more intimate. We went twice in a four day stay. The spa is amazing, it is more expensive than the average but it is exceptionally good. They have a beautiful relaxing area for after the massage. Best to book in advance as it is very popular. We did the Muay Thai private classes, they were good fun and a good workout. Instructor is very patient and makes for an enjoyable class.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2017

Very friendly staff (Clubhouse)
    • Club Spa Deluxe Double Room with Garden View

Jacuzzi did not work at first, but quickly fixed No hot water in shower after neighbours used the jacuzzi Booked an excursion (rafting & quad) paid twice as much as customers from other hotels Nice restaurants but quite expensive (especially the wine) Not a lot to do in the evening (no live music or anything)

Very friendly staff (Clubhouse) Nice pool Nice room with jacuzzi

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Location was good, but rooms tired and in need of a clean. Overpriced.
    • Club Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Room was a little tired alooking and they felt a little unclean, to be honest, the room felt like it needed a good deep clean. As a result Infeel the hotel was overpriced. Club lounge a little lacking in choice and availability of drinks througout the day.

Location in private cove was fantastic. Hotel grounds were also beautiful and well kept. Food was good.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

It is such a fun place to stay.
    • Club Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

It is such a fun place to stay. There are a lot of activities available to you. But you can just spend your day by the pool, beach or at the many restaurants and bars.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

This is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in, the staff...
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

This is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in, the staff couldn’t do enough for you and the facilities were fantastic. The room also was amazing and exceeded our expectations. Would thoroughly recommend and we would definately look to stay at Centara Grands on future trips.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Fell short of expectation
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

- no personilized attention from staff (it was our anniversary) - no facilities or activities nearby, u have o take a boat to the main pier and even their not so much to do - the room was not the same one i booked on booking.com, even though I requested exactly the one in the picture. They simply said well it looks towards the beach! - there are monkeys their & bugs LOTS - no one explained the resort or activities or anything just walked with us to the room, no map not much info was provided - expected a 5 star hotel but in reality I would not give it more than 3.5 stars, not a european or even asian standard 4-5 star

The beach view was nice, but a small beach area with no seating. Same with the pool. Also breakfast is good selection.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Beautiful location.
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Beautiful location. Basically a private beach. Easy to get on and off property either by boat or Monkey Trail. Breakfast was outstanding. We booked tours through hotel with good prices. Our bed was very hard and although our view from room was beautiful there are much better views in other rooms. We were on the far right hand side if looking at the property so we didn’t get the limestone pillar. It was still beautiful.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Absolute paradise
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The whole package at Centara was faultless. The hotel has the most amazing setting and the staff were first class. Could not fault anything. The rooms and the views and all the facilities including food was first class.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Nice but expensive & isolated.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Prices are high compared to Asian standards (i.e. food). Also this hotel is quite isolated (reachable from land only by speed boat).

Nice & cozy hotel, beautiful landscape view.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

VERY friendly staff.
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

VERY isolated. And not always possible to get a seat on the boat to aonang beach/city. Quite expensive.

VERY friendly staff. Clean pool. Very nice view to the beach.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Completely unsatisfactory experience - Too commercial and poor hospitality
    • Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Complete lack of hospitality of the hotel. I had booked a Sea view room whichwas actually - resort construction view with no sea far in sight. Too commercial in each and every aspect and focus only on this aspect only instead of guest comfort or hospitality. Visiting krabi city a nightmare from this property. Hence would strongly NOT recommend anyone going there.

The natural view around the property. Blessed to have such views. But then there are other resorts with similar views and much better hospitality, hence i would say skip this one.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2017

Serenity and peacefulness of the place.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Our out side blinds were broken had to put furniture against them to stop the banging. Maybe a good idea to have a sign saying don't take food in plastic bags on the monkey tail. Those monkeys are crazy. (Need to use backpacks)

Serenity and peacefulness of the place. Pool was amazing. View from our room was lovely. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Good private hotel with nice breaky
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The bed was very hard, make sure to keep belongings in the safe, private beach means a 10min ferry ride or 10min walk over a hill to get to town- same goes for when you're checking in/out, room was nice but was expecting more for the money

Private beach with no hawkers, good breakfast with lots of options, 1hr free canoe or paddle board hire per day, great view on the limestone karsts

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

The hotel is amazing, perfect location but sometimes hard to...
    • Spa Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is amazing, perfect location but sometimes hard to leave or arrive - if the sea is stormy... Very friendly staff, very nice, clean and cosy room, bed, jacuzzi, etc. Wonderful garden but we met monkeys only in the Monkey Trail. Special thanks to Nini and her Team!