Reviews of Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok - Managed by Accor 5 stars

99 Sukhumvit Road Soi 6 , Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#682 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

Each time we have had a different suite, sometimes the regular and sometimes the corner suite which is larger. The triple room was given just a pull out bed but wish could have at least had the bigger room

Location and cost was good, have visited here several times before

No Complaints.

The location: excellent location. The Hotel: modern and chic, The Room: Good and spacious. The Staff: Efficient, Quick, Pro active & Always Smiling. B/F: Good Spread. Loved the Indian Spread as well. Will come back and stay again.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Not so clean for a “5 star” hotel. The room had dust in quite a few spots and the shower wasn’t that great. ( not a deal break just minor points)

Nice hotel with a vibe of “expensive”. Nice pool( despite not using)

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

Housekeeping needs to improve a little more, pay attention to the stains on new towels, coffee mugs and spoons must be washed properly not just rinsed. Ironing board not good, falls everytime I tried to iron clothes Guests must have an option to open windows in the room (for smoking room) so they can refresh the air . The smoke stays in the room and with AC, its a bit stuffy In room Coffee sachets - the brand is not good. Coffee tastes very bad, replace with Nescafe would be better.

Away from busy street side Prompt staff and very good in english Huge hotel and super clean Professional Massage and Spa, Room Service and Bar. All areas of the hotel, I got greeted very genuinely, warmly and friendly, not even a fake smile Family Friendly Hotel

• Deluxe Double Room

Pool area was uninviting due to terrible and loud music. Room was uninspiring and all couches were cheap and uncomfortable. Breakfast was average

It was clean and the bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

we were jetlagged and missed the first breakfast by only a few minutes, and had to pay for room service. 2nd breakfast was not as good as other hotels. quite expensive.

we were early and hotel allowed us room after a very short wait. clean hotel. friendly staff.

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

No hot water at times. Breakfast options not made clear, were ushered into mediocre bar breakfast instead of shown full buffet breakfast to choose from. Food very expensive. Take away club sandwich uncut and no napkins! Decor quite tired. More a 3 star property.

Friendly staff. Position near bars if that is your thing in Bangkok. Close to Skytrain and shops.

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

there was nothing to not like about this hotel.

Everything was very smooth, from check-in to check-out! I arrived after a long flight and my suite was ready, and clean, it took me around 7 minutes from the minute I have stepped foot out of the limousine to the minute I entered my room and my bags were right behind me. They also have a very good room service menu for in-room dining. The Grand Spa was majestic and for all the 7 nights I've stayed there, I've gone at least once a day to get a proper, professional massage.

• Deluxe Suite With Two Single Beds and Sofa

wifi was bad and cut off all time. i can’t use phone in hotel. if i want faster connection, i have to pay. i thought muslim friendly but found liquor in room. hotel interior run down. electricity connection can’t run 5 usb connection in one time. no bath mat provided in bathtub. extra bed so uncomfortable and not worth to pay. tour agent interested in package offer only. tuk tuk free service went main road only. no shopping centres free shuttle provided

room at high floor and non-smoking. room is quiet due to bar at corner outside hotel. welcome drinks were offered while i was register in. receptionist was polite and friendly.

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

I was told ride to airport would be 550 Baht, when we arrived at airport driver charged us 900 baht we left 00.30 Saturday morning. I am looking at my credit card bill and there is a charge of 90.00 that i did not spend

Friendly courteous accommodating

A/C was constantly cold even when we had it up to 28. Did not seem to work properly. Struggled to get toiletries and towels replaced for number of people in room.

Staff, especially Mr Riew in Concierge were fantastic and they organised a lovely gift for my mum and dad for their anniversary. Room was spacious and clean.

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

The Good service again, because this time a had a night flight back home, still I booked one of there suites so I could sleep some houres before the long flight. I had to leave 11pm so as a Good service they upgrade my suite to a one bedroom appartement for the same price as a compensation cause I always stay with them when I’m in BKK. It was amazing again my short stay. GREAT ACCOMADATION AND SERVICE ALWAYS. Thanks to the staff of the hotel.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Pool area. Pictures on internet looking nicer then reality.

Fair stay. Good location. We asked for a late check-out and was no problem. Friendly staff.

The room were we in was nothing like the pictures on Bookings.com. The room smelled of mould, bathroom wasn’t well ventilated at all. I had food poisoning on our 3rd day, I ended up not making it to the toilet and puked on the bathroom floor at (3am). I cleant up the floor with the floor towel they have and the next day after housekeeping was there, I got a note to say I was charged THB250 for dirtying their towel 😐 I don’t know if I was expected to leave the floor dirty when I had 3 other people sharing the same bathroom with me and also had considered that housekeeping not be subjected to clean up after I dirtied the bathroom. Worst hotel I’ve ever been to for all the years I’ve been traveling and also the only hotel that has ever charged for a puked towel.

Carpet under the coffee table needed vacuuming, I had to move the table so that housekeeper would see the bits of food under it. Pillows were too soft. Extra bed too hard. Stove not working.

Staff at the front desk, concierge and especially the uncles at the tour desk/valet counter were attentive and very friendly. Room was very spacious, with a full sized ref, bowls, plates, silverware, microwave oven and stove. I like that the water bottles provided were madenof glass not plastic.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Excessive deposits which were charged to the credit card without my knowledge, I have to wait for the credit card to be reimbursed, perhaps 1 week or more. completely out of line

Convenient to city center.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The Deposit is too high, they asked me to deposit 6000 bath.

The Pool area is very nice, very close to the pictures shown on the advertising. The Staff is always smiling and helpful. I really enjoyed the staying, the position is good, near the NANA BTS station, and there is also a lot of night life nearby.

• Deluxe Double Room

Cocktails could have been better.

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Everything was just easy. Bar area has a live pianist which was really nice. Public toilets in the hotel was very clean and beautiful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Swimming pool is more an accessory for pictures in the brochure, water was cold and doesn't get sun!

Rooms. Are clean and spacious. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean shower worked great.

• Deluxe Double Room

There is nothing I could fault about the property or our stay, it was amazing

We loved the views, the pool was amazing, bed super comfy, the room was beautiful, the foyer area in the reception was so elegant and pretty and the staff were so so friendly and helpful,

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

The pool is great but water is very cold as in shade all day.

The dinner buffet was great value 799 seafood and meat. I normally eat out but this time better eat in the hotel. Great range and plenty of seafood. I took advantage of the discount rate for no cancel so great value.

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

Bed very hard and not comfortable at all. Embarrassing reception staff asking Thai business college for I'D card as if they were hookers...

Bryan near reception very very helpful. Weldone.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hated the powdered creamer in the room for tea and coffee. Surely with European guests, they could provide little pots of milk. Surrounding streets not pleasant, but that is a feature of much of Bangkok.

Friendly staff though not necessarily efficient.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Unfortunately the second day into our 4 day stay the swimming pool was under maintenance and out of order for the next 3 days and no alternative offered.

Good quite location Staff very friendly and happy to help in any way. ( taxi to airport at 3am) (day trips) Bedroom was very comfortable and spacious.

• Deluxe Double Room

This is NOT a 5 star hotel - Average 3 star would be more appropriate Food in the restaurant was greasy and unappetizing Rooms are dated and badly in need of modernization Room rates are grossly inflated Advice is to find somewhere else

Nothing to like about this hotel

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

In a very busy part of town traffic wise so not easy to get in and out in a car.

Comfy bed and a note put through the door to tell us to contact housekeeping when we needed the room making up as we had a late night and long lie.

didn't like anything

the rooms was not clean, I am not sure how you rate it as 5 star hotel??!! I don't think I will stay again their ,I have told the manager that I am not happy about the room and the clean but it looks that he doesn't care as the hotel seams very crowded.

• Deluxe Double Room

The tour information staff were a bit pushy and got us to book the floating market tour with them. We realised the taxi driver they had booked had dropped us off of a starting point that did not seem familiar, and were charging higher prices that expected. Location was close to Arab street, which was a positive given the Halal food options, but we realised that from the property, you have to walk through a sort of “red light district”. Very awkward.

We got upgraded to a suite, which was nice. Room service was good and staff were generally friendly. WiFi is great. Swimming pooo staff were very friendly, although the pool itself could have been warmer.

• Deluxe Double Room

cleanliness is a option they can improve a little bit

All the staff were very excellent,supportive...and most of all,the food is great ..!..I love Tom- yang soup the make...is the best !!!

• Deluxe Suite With Two Single Beds and Sofa

When we arrived we were given a room far below 5 star standard, I contacted reception and they happily upgraded us to a much nicer room and give us free breakfast as a apology.

Staff very friendly

• Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Poor breakfast and smell of the corridor. Last day of my stay there was no water in my room since early morning until I left the hotel and the hotel management did not accept my request to change room! Instead they only offered me a room just to shower!!! You know the good service from such cases, and the hotel management failed in it. I also asked to check out late at 4:00 PM as compensation for the problem I faced but they only let me check out at 2:00 PM which all hotels give if requested.

The location was good with nearby cold store, saloon and laundry just next to the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

- breakfast totally overpriced, bad bad quality, tables were full of dirty dishes and weren't cleared timely during peak times in the morning - room interior was completely old and worn. Some photos of the room interior are not the reality, look to nice and new - it's a fake - need to walk thru a garage to get to the pool. Overpriced food and beverages - the slogan "Managed by Accor" pretends high quality, but this was definitely not the reality

- Only the walking distance to Nana Station and some entertainment areas - nice lobby

• Deluxe Double Room

There are times where I would organise a taxi with the bell hop and they would either send it away or not order. Found it easier to just walk outside the hotel and get one driving past. Note: The location is close to the Nana party district. Cannot discount the hotel for this but would keep in mind if you are not interested in that.

The rooms were spacious and nicely set up however some of the facilities need to be updated. Also the hotel was very close to the BTS which made it easy when getting around

• Deluxe Double Room

Cheaper breakfast would be nice.

I got upgraded to a suite which was absolutely gorgeous. I had a bathtub and a great view of Bangkok. I LOVED my time in this suite.

• Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked Executive One-Bedroom Apartment and got one on 23' floor. Really disappointed about overall look and condition of place. Probably hotel's best days gone long time ago. Installed furniture is worn by time and you feel yourself like in 3+Star hotel. Be prepared to notice some mold and aged dirt around. Bright professionally made photos of property have nothing to do with reality, the way from tower B to Pool area is one more thing I wouldn't expect in upper-class hotel. On top of this there was a problem with hot water during 6-8:30pm. I am not paranoiac, just kind of expected management of hotel would be more careful about details if they consider themselves as 5-Star hotel

Bed was great, soft and big

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff at the reception.. very rude and non cooperative.. I mean what they learn is just to ignore request and say no to every thing

Only behaviour of manager.

We had organised a late check out until 2pm we had a phone call from reception desk checking what time we were leaving at 11.30am 12.30pm 1.00pm and 1.30 pm :-( I was feeling unwell and each call disturbed the rest l had hope to get before heading to the airport.

Staff were very accommodating food was great

• Deluxe Double Room

The complimentary breakfast buffet spread is rather disappointing considering its Thailand. Both the selection and taste were rather lacking.

Pleasant surprise it's a very large room. It doesn't have sofa, unlike most hotels with similar room size, but no complaints it's a space for my shopping bags :D

The room furniture is very old and dirty. The living room smell’s very bad. The bed is not comfortable at all. The sofa on the living room was dirty and smelly!

The seating area outside the restaurant was good and quiet at night.

• Deluxe Double Room

See above. PS- traffic jam getting to the hotel was very bad. Totally different to what I have expected of the location.

We were impressed with the special arrangement by the staff for our 20th anniversary. Thank you Staff and chef at breakfast restaurant could be friendlier and smile more. Very surprised there was single egg restriction

• Deluxe Twin Room

Worst experience. Illiterate staff especially in night shift. Would not recommend to any other person. Way of talking was worst. At the time of check in they took plenty of time.

Pool only.

• Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

In the hallway of the floors, the carpet smell is literally so bad. They added things in the receipt that I didnt even use. Difficulties in finding taxis, they take more time to come. Cleaning the bathrooms were not good and not clean

The welcoming from the reception was very nice.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room had bugs in it, couldn't get a decent sleep even one night out of the 6 nights I stayed. I requested to change the room to a better room they put me in a smaller room than what I had. This was my second visit to Bangkok and I booked this hotel because of the great experience I had the first time. This trip however was a terrible experience. The staff is useless and can't do anything to help you. They suddenly "can't speak" proper English as soon as u reuqest something. I would never go back and wouldn't recommend anyone.

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

Old, tired. No carpet in my room. First room was so dark I had to change rooms. To access pool you have to walk through the car park. It felt 3rd world not 1st world

Staff were friendly but English speaking staff were lacking

• Deluxe Suite With Two Single Beds and Sofa

breakfast more western options, breakfast beverage service, untidy coffee shop in front of hotel,

great room with seperate living room, friendly front office crew, bar open until late. good stay

• Deluxe Suite With Two Single Beds and Sofa

The buffet breakfast, better order a la carte The swimmingpool is not a 5 star swimmingpool. Before you enter it you ll have to cross a parking garage

Spacy room

• Deluxe Double Room

Due to the many Chinese visitors, the breakfast seems to be catering to Chinese taste, rather than international style.

Having stayed at the hotel before, we were upgraded to a 1B apartment, which was very nice. Staff excellent and very helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Slightly old, but at the same time, still clean.

The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were extremely spacious. The location was central, but perhaps those with kids would have issue with the nightlife nearby the hotel.

Breakfast too expensive. Though requested late check out at 6 pm FOC due elderly guest, only extended till 3 pm after taking 3 rooms x 4 nights. Hotel had only about 60% occupancy though.

very Family friendly hotel. Our 3 rooms accommodated on same floor. Opportunity given to choose a larger room same floor. Wheel chair provided for 88 yr old mum to be taken outside. Concierge and Travel desk very informative. tours reasonably priced and transport excellent.

• Deluxe Suite With Two Single Beds and Sofa

The cleanesss of the room was awful I complain to the management 3 times each time they tell me that they will send the room service right away and eventually i had to clean it!!

• Deluxe Double Room

The tour advisor seemed more interested in selling us the most expensive package rather than what we needed. When I asked him how much the floating market boat tour was he said he didn't know. It turned out to be 6000 Baht, about $200, but we only found out after an hour car ride, so there was no turning back (still kicking myself). The hotel breakfast is lovely if you're starving, but a bit overpriced otherwise, especially given the cheapness of street food in Bangkok.

Not quite in the heart of Bangkok, but one block from a BTS station, so still very easy to get around. Very clean and well maintained, with a nice lobby with coffee shop and restaurant.

• Executive One-Bedroom Apartment

Too crowded and noisy hotel. This hotel is primarily used for guided tour bookings and also airline staff. Service is below expectations. Would avoid visiting again.

• Deluxe Double Room

My last night, there were quite a few unknown bugs crawling all over the walls, on several floors. Quite concerning as the manager was not sure what they were.

Free wifi, neighbourhood was slightly dodgy if walking home late at night. Staff were friendly and attentive.

• Deluxe Double Room

Only one minor problem there were no coat hangers in the wardrobe

A very pleasant stay for one night. We could have stayed longer We were upgraded to a suite with all facilities. A most enjoyable time after dinner with a very talented artist providing our music requests A super breakfast , although busy, was very enjoyable with great coffee too

I do not recommend this at all and maybe even Booking.com should evaulate the hotel and remove from list.

Not much. The location at Nana station was close.

• Deluxe Double Room

More or quicker lifts would be useful and a wider variety of tv channels as we tended to watch tv after returning home at night.

The pool was beautiful and we loved the breakfast, especially the freshly cooked eggs. Our suite was very comfortable also and was a smoking room as we requested.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is rather old.

Upgraded me to suite which I appreciated greatly although the room has a smell. May b due to the fact that it's an old hotel. The staff there is extremely friendly n helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room

If your not a sex tourist then do not come to this property. The property is in the midst of a dark part of Sukhamvit. Full of seedy bars. Property 2nd class ikea. Pool you have to walk through a car park. The pool is tired. The staff seem to be constantly fending off hookers trying to tail gate it into the hotel, behind customers. Very odd and disappointing experience. Did not feel safe in the property, you could hear the person next door in the toilet. So not I will nto be staying here again nor that whole area.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Wifi if very slow, even if it's free it should be upgraded. If you pay, you can have faster connection. This I felt cheap...

The hotel is fantastic, with big, clean, well equiped rooms. Stadf is very friendly and helpful. Neighborhood is perfect (Sukhumvit, Nana), just a 5 min walk away from BTS Nana. Worth to stay.

• Deluxe Twin Room

If you have a scheduled shuttle Tuk Tut from NaNa to Hotel, it will be much convenient for your customer. You can stop and pick uo at Soi 6. Gate 4 exit from Nana.

Staff are very helpful and trustworthy. Ready to serve every request. Location is great. Near to NaNa BTS station. Tuk Tuk from Hotel to Nana is complementory.

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast is overall good and has great variety, but some "key" stuff could have better quality (the bread, the bacon, the juices...)

I always choose this hotel when I come Bangkok. I like everything here.

• Deluxe Twin Room

We enjoyed our stay, the staff were friendly and helpfully, the best part was our room was ready at 8am. The only thing was they didn't all understand English. Thailand don't make good coffee anywhere.

• Deluxe Suite With Two Single Beds and Sofa

The single beds were very small and close to each other might as well order a king size bed instead, also there was two pellow on each bed and both were too soft for a 5 star hotel there should be atleast one hard pellow and one soft.

Staff are very welcoming and helpful, always greeting you when ever you walk pass, the room service was excellent and delivers fast.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The hotel charged extra 'Miscellaneous' charges. They charged for wifi. Completely ruined the experience when we were given the extra charges bill in the end. Never staying here again.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

I do not like roach in my hotel room! They were not friendly and polite to me! Dirty hotel. For the last 15 years of my travel I first time saw roaches in 5 stars hotel! For that obvious reason I did not eat at the hotels restaurant! I blocked two separate beds in the room, but beds was so narrow and short - I normally use such for kids!

I will newe ever stay in this hotel

• Deluxe Twin Room

Some things worked and some things didn't. Like cupboards were off the hinges. No 24 hour room service especially as they held 1000 TBH for each night we stayed. They also had us wait 3 hours before we could get into our room despite it being ready for us (we arrived early).

I liked the location, the rooms were large and the beds were incredibly comfy! Slept so good each night. The staff were very polite, helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

Only one thing I would suggest would be to put a map in the room :) when we got one the consier told us where to go and what to see etc.

The rooms were out of this world. We stayed three days and paid £90 and if was next level. At home I would have expected to pay hundreds for the same quality. Staff were lovely and very happy to help with anything and the pool was a nice quiet treat.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nothing. I loved it.

Beautiful room, well appointed, spacious and clean. Room service was quick and the food delicious. Hotel provided a crib - separate bedroom to living space meant baby slept soundly. Good location- close to bars and restaurants. Breakfast was delicious!! Although busy, Mike (Maitre d'e) was a gentleman and true professional. Staff were friendly and wonderful. I will absolutely stay here again next time I travel to Bangkok.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our 2 Bedroom apartment was spacious and very well appointed. Each of our 2 bedrooms had an ensuite bathroom, and really comfortable King beds. The staff were helpful and friendly, particularly when we wanted to print our boarding passes for our next flights. We were sorry we were only staying one night!

• Deluxe Double Room

In-room entertainment (i.e. Television) was limited though when your in Sukhumvit, the real entertainment is outside the hotel. Maybe the feature to order movies would have been good.

The room we got was way beyond my expectations with a small pantry for cooking or reheating food. Staff were very friendly and helpful and hotel tidiness was top-notch.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Very bad location.. not a walking distance from trhe main shopping area. I visited during songkran so the road to the hotel is always jammed from the clubs celebrating it. So its difficult to get taxi or uber, we had to walk to the main road to get a cab. I booked 3 nights here and on the 2nd day we decided to move out even though it ws non-refundable we didnt care as we didnt want this hotel to ruin our trip.

Kitchen facilities

• Deluxe Double Room

A little of the beaten track but can't have all hotels near everything. Printer inntge business center has a lot to be desired - maybe invest in Morden equipment.

Hotel was very helpful and very tidy . Very helpful staff throughout .

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Deluxe Suite with one King Size bed and Sofa

The only downfall is that it is located down an alley-like one way street and the traffic getting in and out could be quite atrocious at times.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast and dinner buffet at the restaurant were very good. We were in a suite and the rooms were quite spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff were excellent we arrived very early after an over night long haul flight and although the room wasn't ready by 10.30am a room was ready, and we were upgraded to a suite.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel was very grubby, run down, dirty and simply not 5* just pay a bit extra and get a nice hotel

The staff were very helpful and polite at all times