Reviews of JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 5 stars

4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#222 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Our stay was only three nights

The warm welcoming ambience entrance sinking into a lounge with the man playing the piano just wholesome. Free exercise classes with so many options.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

I believe that customers can select any floor they want to stay in... somehow the hotel decides everything for you. Also, they need to add Hala food in the breakfast- it's all pork and ham.

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

Ongoing work was not explained in full or truthfully until I had checked in and the first room I was had a leak which could not be fixed...noise unbearable and no need to put me in that room

Location, room, staff

• Family Two-Bedroom Suite with City View

Staff!! Excellent service in all respects. Lounge, restaurant, cleaning staff, front lobby staff. Really amazing people who made the stay that much more enjoyable.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

The staff service atmosphere were at times terse and uptight. Friendly but taut. Yes that's the word. Clock work and machine like. A sprinkle of humanity perhaps is too much to ask for. But no problems

The view from my room was wonderful urban sprawl.

• Executive King Room with Lounge Access

the room is too noisy , i can hear the train passing by all day all night , some of the staff are not polite

i liked the bed it was very comfortable, very clean, most of staff were extent in service

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Noisy room Water is coming out of shower to the bathroom Queen size bed not king size

Perfect location Breakfast variety Professional spa Clean hotel Nice lobby

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Everything about the place was fantastic. However, if I had to single out one thing it would be the staff. Greatly looking forward to staying again next month.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

There were a lot of Chinese guests in the hotel and in the neighbouring rooms. Their behavior was very rude, loud and irreverent.

Location, breakfast, staff.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed is very small. Booking. Com gave the option of booking with breakfast, I chose that option and payed higher price but didn’t show that on confirmation so guests should be careful on that.

Customer service was the best, hotel employees are very nice and welcoming.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

There was a table light on the study table that had been turned on when we checked in. My 12 year old son touched the light to adjust the lighting and burned his hand. It wasn’t serious so we did not report it. We had him run his hand under running water and it was all good. I suggest that there should be a do not touch sign on the lamp head. Other than that, we really love the room.

Love the bed, oh my god! I don’t wana get up! Tried the bath tub with the complimentary bath salts in room, divine! Really don’t wana leave the room if I can help it but we need to shop for stuffs hahhaa!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

During our stay at the hotel we saw cockroaches in the room and the administration was informed about this .. I think because of the old furniture .. The hotel needs renovation especially the rooms

• Premier Double Room

The noise! When we asked for a quiet room we were give one right opposite the sky train and the quality of the windows for such a high end property were rubbish - the noise was awful and kept us awake most of the night. What a shame.

Location was excellent, very convenient for getting on and off the expressways, plus there is lots of nightlife and restaurants in close walking distance. Good breakfast.

• Premier Double or Twin Room

- nothing to complain . everything was perfect.

-everything was perfect. I give 10 points overall for everything. specially staff was amazing, very helpful , smiling and always ready to help for anything . clean, comfortable hotel with a perfect location on Sukhumvit area.

Nothing to tell here

I like location very much, just in the centre of business hub and local street market around the hotel where you can get stuff very easily.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel has the friendliest and most attentive staff I've ever come across in a hotel. Together with comfortable rooms with excellent facilities this hotel is pretty perfect.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Felt that for a marriott, the interior was dated and could have been better. Some of the draws had broken hinges. Normally Marriott is quality but I was dissapointed with the interior with the room compared to other Marriots I have stayed in.

Great location, close to the BTS and to restaurants. In the heart of sukhumvit. Overall, good location regardless of reason for travel

• Premier Double Room

Your staff are very friendly - helpful especially Baiboon in the Lobby Lounge . She is an excellent example of your hotel and because of her we will make JW Marriott our first choice when we are next in Bangkok

• Premier Double Room

Definitely not up to expectations of the JW Marriott brand, smelly, noisy, no rooms available at check in though it was 4 pm. Dated and old, showing in every way including stale smell.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Luxury Lounge Benefits

The construction that was going on. But I know they need it to make the hotel a better and newer place.

We reserved a suite with lounge access and the lounge attendants, as always, are very very friendly. One lady even knew what kind of coffee I would like to have by the second day. Also, there were two wonderful and very professional receptionists who had helped me -- Kao and Natalie. These ladies were always friendly and helpful and thought of everything for me and my family...to make our stay an enjoyable one!!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I stayed in the 12th floor, and there was a renovation going on, the Hotel Staff didn't tell us about it when I checked in, the hotel is ok but I advise you not to stay there until Dec when they finish the work, I'm not sure if there is another rooms where you can't hear the noise.

• Executive Double Room with Luxury Lounge Benefits

Poor cleaning of our room, staff forgeting to take our laundry over 2 days. Raised concerns to two different duty managers. They gave us a tin a chocolate upon departure. Paid for an executive room to have access to executive club- there was never food or snacks throughout the day. Popped in for afternoon tea and when asked the staff - they responded that there was 2 pastries left. Extremely disappointing.

Property was central.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel is currently under a noisy renovation which is NOT stated on the Marriott website or booking.com -- had I known I would have stayed elsewhere

Staff at Bangkok Baking Company were fabulous!

• One-Bedroom Suite with Luxury Lounge Benefits

Every thing made my trip to Bangkok amazing, except they charge us twice for the transportation which I will nogatiate via email with them shortly. Although I checked with the front desk employee who proved that non of the family rooms did pay , where I discovered after we left that we paid twice.

The breakfast is suitable for all tastes, I ask them to make falafel for me and they did.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Con: (I'm being picky here) Slight Aged Property Room Corridors Need a Facelift

Pro: Location Amazing Breakfast Comfortable Bed, and Good Bathroom Good Fitness Centre Would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay in the centre of Bangkok.

• Family Suite

we booked a suite but when we went to the hotel we find another details of suite not the same that we booked with separate room despite this we paid more than 3700OMR we are so disappointed of this hotel

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I couldn't find anything wrong with the hotel. To me it was perfect.

The property carter food for Muslims. I was impressed to get 'Halal' food and there were labels indicating 'Halal and non Halal' food. There was a lot of food choices you could chose. Plenty of fruits as well.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As great as the hotel was, it had its faults. On the second day there, I found a cockroach in the bathroom. I called the reception and asked for them to clean it. A cleaning team swiftly came and cleaned the bathroom, the manager then came to apologize and ask if I wanted to change the room, then the cleaning manager came over with a flower and fruit basket to apologize. I truly appreciated this as it was great. However, after another day I found three cockroaches in the bathroom. At this point, I had to pack my things and request that my room be changed. I did not change my room the first time because it was a hassle but I was so filled with disgust that I had to change the room the second time. The staff quickly responded and changed my room. That was my last night in the hotel, and sadly it was also an awful one. The new room I was placed at had a man and a women who decided that it was okay to karaoke out loud for what seemed like forever. I believe that they may have been drunk. I could hear all their conversations and it was disturbing. I was too tired to call the reception but I am sure they would have been helpful have I done so. I think for the trouble I went through what with the cockroaches and the extremely noisy neighbours I should've at least gotten a significant discount if not a free stay at the JW Marriot, but I guess not.

The breakfast selection is absolutely fantastic, to be honest I truly enjoy the large dining area with the sunlight flowing right through the windows. The staff were also absolutely fantastic, they were accommodating and sweet and greeted us in and out of the hotel. The staff would carry our luggage and assist us in whatever it is we needed. Their treatment was that of a truly five star hotel. I also believe the location is fantastic. Its right in the middle of Bangkok and situated between nana and phlonchit sky train stations. You can use any of these train stations to go to your desired destination. There is a fantastic hospital close by (I believe the name of the hospital is Bumrungrad Hospital). I also loved the fact that they put fruits in your bedroom every day, and that they fill your ice bucket at turn down service without even asking them too.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I came to have have surgery on my knee at Bumrungrad International Hospital. Because I am a solo female traveler, I wanted a hotel that was safe, clean, provided easy access to the hospital, and was close to shops and restaurants. I also wanted a hotel that provided a wide array of dining choices, in case I didn't want go out. JW Marriott fit the bill, and then some ! ! The staff goes above and beyond to ensure the your needs are met and that your visit is such, that you really don' t want to leave !

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lightning automatic wasn't working correctly and could have had an extra towel. 3 big towels for two persons is 1 short

Room interior and bed quality make it an extremely nice hotel together with the amazing service from the always friendly and professional staff. Loved it!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We got well treated by the staff member of JW Marriott Bangkok, the breakfast room filled with variety of international buffet , we love it. high speed internet is a plus for hotel guest like us a mini breakfast set up at Bumrongrad is an excellent idea to not only look after guest at hotel highly recommended this hotel, value for money will come back

• Premier Room - Free Upgrade to Executive Room with Lounge Benefits

I don't see any shortcomings of this hotel.

Hospitality of the hotel is awesome. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The location of the hotel is great.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

nothing all was good

location good everyone there are nice and helpful nice staff there at your help any time very welcome people all smile for you and ready to help you

• Premier Room - Free Upgrade to Executive Room with Lounge Benefits

We traveled for our business trip, so we booked the executive floor but when we arrived they gave us the wrong room without any explanation. In the late evening they informed us that we should move to the other floor so we agree to move next day. Once we moved we found that the room we moved to not clean. I woke up the the evening found out there are few cockroach in the bathroom. Next morning we went for breakfast in the same place that we had in the first morning but they charge us for the breakfast as staff never informed us that our breakfast included only for executive floor breakfast room. However, the manager, agreed to cancel the invoice for the breakfast. We lost all the benefit for the room that we booked (executive floor).

The front office supervisor lady was very helpful, she solved all the problem we had during staying there. But the staff must be trained more than this as so lazy to check the booking and made mistakes.

• Executive Double Room with Luxury Lounge Benefits

Stayed in the executive part. well worth the price. Own breakfast unit with refreshments and snacks during the day. VERY pleasant staff, always smiling and helpful. The beds were excellent and almost kept me there too long :)

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was outstanding with so many varieties, the location was central. The bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was smell of smoke coming from the corridor leading up to the room. Smoking needs to be strictly prohibited so it doesn't mess up the experience for other hotel guests.

Excellent location , room as well as overall staff. Concierge was super helpful with guiding us on area around and what to do.

• Premier Triple Room

The hose of the toilet blew up on 4.30 in the morning on the last day our stayed in the hotel. All water spreaded all of over the bathroom.

Comfortable bed and pillows !!!!!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Restaurants - overall. Need to raise the game to a boutique 5 star level in sukhumvit precinct. Please. Staff is 10 star. Location is the best. Unfortunately hotel seem to avoid innovation. Very sad.

Spa as a facility. Front office staff is so kind to the point of embarrassment (= compliment). Therapist Sandra (Suppawali) is extremely experienced professional. Pressure, pace and class of 5 star. Sandra is a rare gem in Bangkok!. She should be a trainer! Room service Front desk staff. Indian Chef. He is beyond a chef when it comes to customer service! Short haired Stewardess in buffet restaurant breakfast (she was there on Tue 07.02.2016). She went beyond her call to give a perfect juice I wanted. She is an unbelievable customer service professional. Level of English of all staff. Overall price/s.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Offered a complimentary crib for child but charged at checkout. It was minor and we let it pass as the overall experience at the property was very good!

Outstanding breakfast. The GM Christopher John clearly sets the tone in the hotel - very hands on, saw him each morning working the breakfast area.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It seems the central air conditioning system is shared between the smoking and non-smoking rooms. I was at non-smoking floor but there was cigarette smoke smell coming from air conditioning vent.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Can't think of a thing!

when checking in the receptionist noted that it was my birthday. Within an hour a bouquet and a cake had arrived !!! Everyone was so helpful and whilst this is to be expected in Thailand and at a JW Marriott you got the feeling that they meant it.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I like everything

I.liked the friendly stuff and the arabic manager and I live that the gym is open for 24 hours it's the best thing ever I live the location

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Family Room

If the room put some nature air freshener, that will be better :-)

the bed is quite comfort; the staff is very friendly; location is not bad for tourists...

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Family Room

the breakfast could have been better with varieties of halal food as we found it a bit limited.We only took 2 days of breakfast while staying for 5 days. Do not take the taxi from the hotel because they wont use the meter

The cleanliness of the rooms,the location as it near to soi arab but quite a distance to go to pratunam area

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel.is super amaizing I live the stuff is very nice and kind u feel u are welcomed especially the front disk stuff and the manager the arabic Jordanian he was very kind and helpfull and they all made sure of our comfort.the room is clean and the facility is amaizing and classy the location is the best for Arabs many close shopping erea I like it it will be my permanent hotel when ever I travel to bkk

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

In room AC control would have been better. Not able to adjust the AC was slightly disappointing.

Good property and good connectivity to expressway so that you can reach the destination faster.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner control in the room was not working well, but the problem was addressed promptly in a professional manner.

The service of staff was good and foods for buffet breakfast were great.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Family Room

Check in staff need to be more professional. Staff need to know to Never get hotel guests to accept what we did not request or ask for in the hotel room bookings. We booked a 2 connecting rooms, 1 king bed and Twin. Staff claimed there are no available rooms upon check in for our bookings. They wanted us to accept 1 King and 1 King and squeese another extra bed for the other room. The room space will be very tight. This is not we wanted in the 1st place. We do not think this is a good service and rejected their so called no rooms available claim. Finally, staff "managed" to inform that they are able to get our requested bookings for 1 King and 1 Twin room after our displeasure with their service. Staff made us waited and inconvenience us to finally "willing" to give us the rooms accordingly to our hotel bookings.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

the hotel more like classy big castle,need make it a little bit modern

the privacy ,the response ,facility ,the staff very friendly ,and the pride you got

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Luxury Lounge Benefits

I didn't like that the 4 nights I spent in the hotel suite were not added to my Marriott rewards because it was through booking.com which I found illogical and absurd. I have always been a frequent guest and loyal to the Marriott and this has to be corrected for the purpose of customer satisfaction.

Service and friendliness of staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Premier Triple Room

The staff were always willing to go out of their way to help and make our stay great. The private tour guide we booked didn't show up and the staff were able to organise an alternative for the same price we were quoted. The tour was fantastic - all organised by the tour desk. So efficient and friendly!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The quality food served at room

The bed is o.k. There should be another chair in the room. The food service in the room should have some more Indian food,

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The shower is the old type where you have to mix your own temperature by using hot and cold. I prefer the thermostat taps, this is quite tedious and the water temperature would shift from too hot to too cold.

They provide daily fresh fruit in the room, very nice!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location was great near most places I want like soi 3 and Nana BTS All stuff helpful with big smile in their faces and never gets lazy to assist . They even gave me 2 hours late check out without even bother me to call for check up. Love the hotel and will come back for sure

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a bit outdated but still in good shape. The bathroom smelled a bit strong and I had a cockroach in my bathroom!

The hotel staff were very kind. The location is in the city centre and near the BTS Ploenchit and Nana

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Family Room

Not up to expectation as a 5 star hotel, as rooms are small specially my kids room with a third bed and were not even ready upon arrival.

Staff are very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location is on the very, very busy Sukhumvit road which is really hard to get to and is very, very touristy. There are a ton of Starbucks ,McDonalds and Burger Kings around but is very typical of Bangkok

The gym is really great, one of the best I've been to

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

no lobby when I was there it was under maintenance ! closed !!

swimming pool and the location , heart of Bangkok near plaza night life near to train station near to mall,

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Although it's only a few minutes walk to BTS station, and only one stop from those big shopping malls, the surrounding area is noisy.

Very professional and friendly staffs. Breakfast is delicious and with enough choice.

Works for renovation

Position, room and business lounge.

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Not much variety of foods for breakfast

Proximity

Nuisance of maintenance

Everything is good

Too much of noise

• One-Bedroom Suite with Lounge Access

The location is very bad

The staff was very friendly

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

As at 05/2018 they were renovating various levels rooms so please note times off work so it does not kill your expectations

Great hotel

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

the diversity of the food is not as it was.

Excellent location And friendly staff

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Hotel rooms seem old, needs further renovation, wouldn’t stay here next time.

Nice breakfast buffet

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Renovation was very loud and noisy

Nice people.. nice location

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

They were renovation on going during the daytime

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Comfortable rooms. Clean. Friendly staff. Good buffets. Good location. Close Bumrugrad hospital.

All is great

Is a nice hotel

Construction noise

Clean and newly renovated

• Deluxe King or Twin Room

Everything is excellent except the air conditioning to nose , and the reception service a little slow

Browse JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok traveller photo gallery