Reviews of KC Resort & Over Water Villas 5 stars

#93 of 136 hotels in Chaweng

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Nice staff.
    • Grand Family Suite with Sea View

The breakfast was only Asian oriented. Because of the location, on the hill, it's not babychair friendly.

Nice staff. Always smiling and willing to help. Specially mister A at the restaurant. The view is perfect from the room.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Fabulous
    • Deluxe Sea View

It was up quite a steep hill. The buggy would collect you but the finish at 0000 and sometimes we stayed out later than that.

Room was always clean and fresh sheets and towels. Room service was fast and delicious. Cocktails were great!

Romantic getaway
    • Over Water Villa

Expected a nicer restaurant for evening dinner but it's perfect for breakfasts. Shame the skybar was shut but it was quiet on the resort when I stayed. Jacuzzi was dirty so I cleaned it myself! The water in jacuzzi was also dirty.

Apart from the 3 small disappointments everything else was amazing. The pool villa incredible. The views breathtaking. The staff so friendly n helpful. Breakfast was delicious. Water as clean as could be around the villa. Clean n tidy resort. Glass floor in villa great touch. Big room. Big bathroom. Private pool fun and main pool really big with lovely views.

Food Customer service and general aesthetics we’re next to none
    • Grand Family Suite with Sea View

Breakfast could have been better as it was often cold.

The resort was simply fantastic. The staff were polite and very accommodating. The resort was clean and the food was amazing-very fresh Thai food. Mr A really made our trip special as he gave us details about all the programs and facilities at the hotel and checked on us frequently to make sure we were comfortable. The shuttle bus man Mr Pot was also lovely he gave us good advise on local places to visit. Overall all the members of staff were nice and it was an excellent hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

View was nice and close to shopping and restaurants by taxi...
    • Grand Junior Suite

It is located on the top of the hill. However during the day, there was a carriage to take you down or up. Not sure at late night. The first night we had to walk up the hill, which I lost 5 kg :(( :D and sweating. The first night I asked the cleaner to come back and clean our room, but they forgot. Then I asked them to clean at night.

View was nice and close to shopping and restaurants by taxi it tuk tuk. There was a celebration by Hotel one night before our check out. However, not everything was free as I was told. At the end we had to pay for drinks, cake and also bottle of water. In general it was a good stay. We rate 7-8 out of 10.

The worst hotel myself and my partner have ever stayed in.
    • Deluxe Garden View

The whole experiece, On check in everything seemed negative, we were told if we lost the key there would be 500tbh charge, our welcome book lacked key information such as info about the hotel facilities and surrounding area but instead gave us information about do's and dont's in the hotel. Staff not rude but not helpfull and welcoming either Everything tired and run down, it is nothing like the pictures. Check in expericence wasnt what you would expect from a 4star. Very small pool area, uncomfortable sunbeds, everything seems dark and uninviting. Hotel is out of the way and not much around it, hotel layout is on a hill so hard to get around lots of steps and walking. Hotel room had the tiniest of balconys(not worth having) we paid for a garden view and got a veiw of mo-peds and overgrown shrubbery, Very little offerd on the televisions, alot of channels had poor or no signal, Bath robes we were given were both ripped and stained. we were positioned right next to the lift so all night we heard lots of noise, foot traffic, doors banging and noisy guests. On leaving we phoned the night before for our luggage to be collected early the next day they didnt turn up even though we phoned again in the morning. From start to finish this hotel was unpleasant, unwelcoming in gerneral not worth the money we paid.

Pizza was just ok. Free shuttle bus to the sister hotel on the beach which seemed marginly better. Apart from that being away from the hotel was the only enjoyable part of this hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Picturesque views of Chaweng Beach
    • Deluxe Sea View

Breakfast wasn’t great. Not enough choice and lots of flies around. Could do with more cereal options and English breakfast options (beans, mushrooms, tomatoes etc) We ordered Room service a few times. They got the order wrong once and the second time the food came cold. Roof terrace doesn’t exist - it’s just a large green empty platform.

The view from the pool and rooms was incredible. Staff were friendly and polite. Rooms were clean and provided us with everything we needed. Maids came everyday and were efficient. Buggy service was good to get up the hill. Jacuzzi on balcony is a nice touch - good for the rainy days.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

We stayed at this resort for 9 days. Thank you A supachai for the excellent service.😊
    • Deluxe Garden View

The floor in the room was a little bit dirty.

The service was very good. Excellent rooms with a good view and we especially enjoyed the good service from A Supachai. The breakfast was also very good with many different choices.

Love the scenery view from the hotel
    • Deluxe Sea View

Hotel staff name SAZA- PO ....no customer service at all....

Front desk staff- TIP- FO....very friendly...Housekeeping JANE.....and front desk male staff (dont know the name) very friendly n polite.... my 1st stay at KC resort hotel... recommend by friend who already stay at KC resort hotel twice.... love the Jacuzzi in the room....

Will coming back to stay here as i love the room scenery n some of the staff
    • Grand Junior Suite

No door bell...When goin in groups n separate rooms given...need to knock the door when goin to their room ..n if guest at balcony shut the sliding door ..they cant hear the door is knocking by someone...hotel staff (SAZA-PO)- should send her to customer service course - not very courtesy at all - breakfast still not much variety...

Clean room...SAKURA is very polite Housekeeping ...very creative.....front desk staff TIP- FO...from the day check in hotel to check out very helpful n polite..smile always..Hotel staff..PONG-PO...came down to swimming pool greeting guest n had a conversation with guest...very friendly...I ask him a question at the same time give him a feedback abt NO WATER at 5.30am..towel for swimming pool out of stock..this is my 2nd trip to Koh samui n my 2nd time stay in KC RESORTS N HOTEL...

Location and view.
    • Deluxe Sea View

Front desk wasnt much helpful and had a discriminatory behaviour Also the breakfast didnt have enough options on bakery and fruits

Location and view.

Really not worth the money.
    • Over Water Villa

Really not worth the money. Me and my partner came here to stay for my birthday and were so excited after booking as it looked such a beautiful pick. The over water villa did not look anything like it does in the pictures, the pool was dirty. The whole place was creaking and the balcony would shake when you walked over it. There was gaps everywhere in the wood meaning the place was filled with bugs. We had a jacuzzi bath in the bathroom with sliding windows that opened all the way, they were so stiff we thought they were going to snap off. I didn’t use the pool or loungers and the area felt very dirty. My parter had mentioned to the hotel it was my birthday which informed him they would bring a cake. We had a phone call late at night when we were sleeping asking if we wanted them to bring a cake. The air con did not work and we had two bad nights sleep as it was so hot and clammy inside. I would not stay here again. The Restaurant where we had breakfast was unclean, the staff were unhelpful. No cutlery given or laid out for us to help ourselves. There were flys floating in some of the open dishes, food was cold and felt like it had been left out for a long time. The location is out the way and have to get a taxi to the beach or is about 30 minutes walk. We booked our transfer with the hotel to leave for our next hotel and the guy selling the tickets was saying we had to book now to get the special deal he can offer when the price we paid is what is advertised inside. Overall a bad experience after having such high expectations and excitement for a special occasion. Would not recommend anyone to stay here as Koh Samui has much more to offer else where.

It was a pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Sea View

The juice served at breakfast is too sweet, I had to dilute it with water just to be able to drink it. The fact that the pool closes at 18:00 makes no sense to me. Guest are usually out during the day, they go exploring the island, shop e.t.c.therefore can only swim late afternoon/early wvening, having the pool close that early was extremwly incovenient.

The staff were very friendly, they went out of their way to make sure that our entire stay was a pleasant one. Thank you.

Quiet and sophisticated hotel with top tier staff.
    • Grand Junior Suite

Many thanks to the kind and capable staff. The hotel is top quality made even better by the staffs attentive and helpful nature. Good breakfast buffet and very comfortable rooms. I would definitely stay here again!

Staff we’re great.
    • Deluxe Sea View

My room was very noisy. I asked to be moved rooms. The staff said no. I asked to speak to the manager they were unavailable. Not very good. Location was very poor. Breakfast was catered for the Chinese tourist

Staff we’re great. Friendly, helpful most of the time. The room was clean

Absolute disaster
    • Deluxe Sea View

Sadly we stayed here for 9 nights I proposed to my girlfriend on the island and I wanted everything to be perfect. The photos were very deceiving and once we arrived to a dated and not up to a 5star quality hotel. We paid extra for a jacuzzi room and it did not work properly, the mattress was dirty and overall a horrible stay

The free shuttle to the beach club which was very nice and after complaints of our room they moved us to a room that actually worked and was clean

Not as expected, lovely staff but very poor accommodation standard
    • Over Water Villa

The rooms are very dated and run down, All the overwater villas are in need of repair. The hotel itself is not well represented buy the photos listed. The food quality was poor e.g flies all over breakfast as nothing was covered, very limited choice. The A/C didn't work well nor did the fridge in heat of 34 degrees you need these things to be working.

The staff were lovely and very helpful if I could give them 5* I would.

Excellent Resort!!
    • Deluxe Garden View

Slightly pricey for villa upgrades compared to some others!

Excellent resort! Clean, spacious rooms/suites, bathroom was exceptional & the staff brilliant! Plus the breakfast buffet was outstanding with plenty of options! Infinity pool and pool bar was also a highlight - very relaxing.

Best Hotel in Koh Samui!!
    • Deluxe Sea View

There was nothing I could fault with this hotel.

I loved that the staff were so accommodating! The staff are really kind as well as trustworthy. My wife and I left our expensive belongings around in the room including my wife's wallet with all her money in it. We went out for the day and come back with the room all cleaned with new sets of towels, bedsheets and toiletries. Not a single item went missing. I recommend this hotel to anyone!

Good nice comfortable room with amazing view
    • Deluxe Sea View

When arrived for my breakfast on day 1 , everything was empty so had to ask them what to eat and they started filling it up slowly. Breakfast options not as I would have expected from a 5 star hotel.

Room was very nice and clean. Jaccuzi worked well.view was amazing. Gym and inifinity pool upto mark. As it is up the hill reception always sends the car for pickup. Bike renting and other tour booking facilities available at reception.

Overall good hotel to stay in.
    • Grand Junior Suite

Breakfast options were limited, and staff would take a lot of time to fill up the dishes. Overall breakfast is not worth spending money

Rooms were really tidy and well maintained

The room was exceptionally clean and modern with private hot...
    • Deluxe Sea View

The room was exceptionally clean and modern with private hot tub overlooking the island and the sea. Though the hotel isn't beach-front, they had 4-5 shuttle services to KC Beach Club daily which is beach front with towels and sun bed services. I personally tried the spa. Massages quality was at high standard with hotel-level prices. Though I do recommend miss Koi, their resident masseur.

Overall good though could have been a lot better
    • Deluxe Sea View

House keeping was a disaster. Tried to charge us for a broken glass after we changed rooms that housekeeping themselves broke! Had to ask 3 days in a row for new towels and soaps. General room cleanliness was very average. Building and facilities getting very tired.

Nice bed. Spa on balcony though getting old. breakfast is very good. The staff that could speak English are very helpful.

Dated, overpriced, needs refurbishing. Nice enough staff and nice views from pool.
    • Deluxe Sea View

We stayed here over Christmas and had a terrible time which sadly spoilt our holidays. Do not be fooled by the photos, when arriving, we were saddened that the room was dated, unclean and needed refurbishing and redecorating. We also had the last guests old receipts and boarding passes from their plane on our table! The jacuzzi bath also deposited dirt when you turnt it on and was generally dirty. We asked to move rooms, the next one was a bit better but our door lock broke and we had to wait for someone to fix it. The staff did not offer a member of staff to secure the room so we could enjoy our day. They later offered a room change but the room was directly in front of the pool and again, in a poorer state. Hardly private or worth shifting all our belongings for a second time! We decided to wait for door to be fixed. In addition, the spa treatments are expensive, the "pool bar" is non existent; with no atmosphere, the steam room also costs money, as well as minibar (overpriced too!) the restaurant is too, overpriced. We were very unhappy and asked for a refund which the hotel would not do. They did offer a massage each and a meal in the restaurant after we complained enough. It would have been good customer service to offer this without having to complain. Instead, they tried to charge us for the "complimentary water". Shocking! We were then asked to sign a disclaimer for the massage and meal and other guests told us that staff had said I them on arrival: "If you leave a good review, we'll give you a free massage!" - very strange. Please consider a stay here until the hotel is refurbished and there is better customer service training in place.

•The pool and the views from the hotel were lovely, despite the construction site of an unfinished hotel. •The staff were generally friendly. •Comfortable bed. •Nice shower. •Christmas cookies were a nice touch on Christmas Eve!

Very good service and big rooms ,rich breakfast and...
    • Deluxe Garden View

Very good service and big rooms ,rich breakfast and excellent restaurant! Infinity pool with amazing view! Thanks again for the staff specially Jeen!

We paid for the spa room, however we tried to use the spa...
    • Deluxe Sea View

We paid for the spa room, however we tried to use the spa and it was so dirty it shot black dirt from the Jets. The sheets on our bed were ripped and dirty

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Feel cheated by the photos.
    • Deluxe Sea View

Hotel is generally not maintained for example the jacuzzi is stained and rusty, muddy water in the swimming pool and stained bedsheet.

Friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The first time was better
    • Deluxe Sea View

This was our second trip. The hotel would need better maintenance, some features are not operational. The Chinese guests are always too loud. The breakfast used to be better - they used to make coffee for you.

Good location, nice helpful staff, great infinity pools, free transfer to beach club, great buggy service.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

The hotel located on a small hill and the swimming pool is...
    • Deluxe Garden View

It's not easy for logistic if you do not have a car or moto because of the long steep road.... the decoration of the hotel is so old that the air condition is not good enough (they provided a fan....). There is not many type to choose for breakfast.

The hotel located on a small hill and the swimming pool is so nice with the sea away. The service is mostly good. The hotel also give you a free ticket to KC beach hotel, and the beach there is magnificent.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Dont waste your hard earned money on KC Resort Over WaterVilla
    • Deluxe Sea View

KC Resort is totally crap & Holiday Spoiler, it doesn't deserve even 2 star rating. Its old and unmaintained resort with Over Priced. Do a favor to yourself not booking KC, find other good resort. You guys surely deserve better than this. We had Deluxe Jacuzzi Sea View Room (No. 226B). Check out Photos of Bed Sheet (Poor hygiene) when we arrived and manager don't bother much to take care of you. Jacuzzi was not cleaned too. Breakfast is also not up to mark. Nothing special or to praise about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Not as the pictures seem. Stay somewhere else
    • Over Water Villa

Ok so we had the over water villa and we're paying $750 a night. This is a ridiculous price. Our bathroom window wouldn't open and we asked people to fix it. Next thing we know there are 4 Thai men in our room with screw guns and pieces of wood. 20 minutes later we assume it's fixed, however they actually boarded it shut. We then told them again they didn't fix it, instead now we reall can't open it and came back and found it could open. We woke the next morning to a storm and our room was full of water puddles from the leaking roof, and on one occasion I forgot about the puddle and slipped. Our spa bath was gritty and dirty, with jets not working and padding covers falling off. Inside the bath had all grime and dirt I'm assuming. They offer a buggy service down to the main road. Getting down there is fine however every time we wanted one back up we waited an excess of 10 minutes and then gave up and walked back up the hill. Every time dripping in sweat once we returned. This villa is DEFINITELY not worth the money. Save your money and book somewhere else closesr to town.

The bed was great, and the option of getting a free shuttle to the main road was handy. Pool was nice and had a great view.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

I expected more
    • Grand Junior Suite

The manager was not nice at all and very aggressive Wifi was weak The shuttle promised to the beach was off whitout any notice when booked the room

The rooms are big and clean with really nice hot tub and showers(double) In general the rooms are great

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Staff were super friendly, rooms were clean and quite and...

Frankly nothing !

Staff were super friendly, rooms were clean and quite and the sea view was amazing. You have to try their dishes they are delicious !

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

average and overpriced!!!
    • Deluxe Sea View

the service was appalling for a hotel of this price/rating!! Slow and unhelpful. Pool beds were old and uncomfortable and didn't get much sun.

The jacuzzi balcony was a great touch and the room was clean and spacious with a good view.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Relaxed with a view
    • Deluxe Sea View

The bar/canteen near the pool didn't always have a staff member there so ordering proved difficult. We wish the shuttle into town was available at a few more times.

Breakfast spread was amazing. Staff friendly and helpful. View from the room and the pool were amazing. Rooms were quiet and clean so stay was relaxing and comfortable. Bottled water provided daily. Free shuttle to the sister resort on the beach was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Excellent place to stay!
    • Over Water Villa

Having the room made up each day didn't happen.

Staff could not be more friendly and helpful! The over the water villa was fantastic and the location was amazing!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

I do not quite understood a) why is it rated as 5 stars b) what I paid that money for.
    • Deluxe Sea View

Shower: please make it easy to adjust, its annoying to understand how to wash yourself for 30 minutes. Laundry: please do not never ever return the goods client ask to wash, dirty. This is embarassing. Sink: I asked to clean CLOGGED sink TWICE - it remains clogged until the last day. Extra beer was included in my bill, which I did not take

Breakfast is rather okay, stuff is smiling

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Beautiful stay
    • Grand Junior Suite

Lovely staff, beautiful hotel and excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The hotel is nice and clean, friendly stuff, the

The breakfast

The hotel nice and clean, friendly stuff.

The view from the room and the jacuzzi were amazing.

The breakfast was ok.

The view from the room and the jacuzzi were amazing. The staff was very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great hotel

Everything else

The private pool
    • Over Water Villa

The insect and small animals .

The private pool And the stuff who working there

Food and location

poolside view

bad location

poolside view

Satisfied Honeymooners
    • Deluxe Sea View

Could hear people in neighbouring rooms talking.

Amazing views, comfortable rooms, excellent spa service, good breakfast spread.

Very relaxing beautiful views
    • Deluxe Sea View

Air conditioning should have been in the eating area and reception area .

The views, staff very friendly , beds very comfortable .

Everything was very good
    • Deluxe Sea View

We expect some vegetarian options in the menu

Everything was very good

there was no hot water in the Jacuzzi

there was no hot water in the Jacuzzi

Golf car

Old

Golf car

It was a very enjoyable stay at the private over water villa, would stay there again
    • Over Water Villa

The staff were very friendly, they should be proud! The restaraunt and room service was really nice. Enjoyable stay at the private villa.

Our spa bath looking out onto Samui was just the relaxation...
    • Deluxe Sea View

Our spa bath looking out onto Samui was just the relaxation we needed!

Good hotel but it’s uphill and hard to reach and u need a...
    • Deluxe Sea View

Good hotel but it’s uphill and hard to reach and u need a bike or taxi to. O around.

A different resort. But not value for money. Worth if you are staying in the over water villa.

Lack of Maintainence, Value for Money, Location

Overwater Villas, View from room

Poor stay, no value for money in service.
    • Deluxe Garden View

Poor service, faulty AC which they didn't fix, gave me back view while I asked for ocean view.

Ambience

Not much variety

Buggy service

Nice stay to rest
    • Deluxe Sea View

Little far from night life and beach (despite they offer transport few times a day to the nearest beach)

Nice pool, nice breakfast, nice people

• Deluxe Sea View

Excellent room, wonderful swimmingpool and view

The air condition in the room (room no. 425) was very noisy

The rooms were spacious and comfortable.
    • Grand Family Suite with Sea View

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Each one had its own jacuzzi in the porch. The view was magnificant.

The access to kc beach!
    • Deluxe Garden View

Staff on reception not that cooperative Have to get a taxi everywhere as the shuttle timings were off

The access to kc beach! Nice bed Nice view

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nothing from your commitment it's reail
    • Deluxe Garden View

Staff very bad and location of hotel not in centr in beach as pictures in your website

Really nothing

Decent hotel

The distance from Chaweng. You will need a taxi/car/bike each time you want to do something interesting

Overall its a decent hotel

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

amazing
    • Grand Family Suite with Sea View

Friendly staff very helpful and the food at the restaurant was great. the view from our balcony was amazing

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

staff were very polite and helpful.
    • Deluxe Sea View

staff were very polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Pool under the room
    • Over Water Villa

No good maintence of facilities window broken dirty.... Recepcionist called Fo very unprofessional and arrogant

Pool under the room

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Deluxe Garden View

Very poor internet connection, ruins of old hotel buildings are in front of us, breakfast - very so so.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

over priced hotel
    • Deluxe Garden View

no water in washroom for 12 hrs. Gala Dinner was worst. sofa was broken no room service Breakfast was not very good

location of resturant

Location was great, stuff was friends.
    • Grand Family Suite with Sea View

Rooms were not clean properly

Location was great, stuff was friends. Really enjoyed my stay

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Not what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Sea View

Stains on bedsheet, poor breakfast with unclean dishes

Great view of the northern part of Samui island and good infinity pool

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

great location
    • Deluxe Garden View

the location is great, just a few minutes walk to the very central chaweng beach, easy access to all the restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Nice place to stay
    • Deluxe Garden View

Breakfast menu are not so good

Location is very nice

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

The food beneath criticism has ants in the dining room.
    • Deluxe Sea View

The food beneath criticism has ants in the dining room. Ants Korasonim food does not taste good

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I would recommend this place to all my friends.

Everything was great.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Amazing view for sunrises,endless swimming pool , bath tube...

maybe a bit far from beach but there is a bookable transfer service

Amazing view for sunrises,endless swimming pool , bath tube on the balcony, helpful staff

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Beautiful resort and lovely staff.

the shade covered the pool come the afternoon and needed taxi to get to the beach

Beautiful resort and lovely staff. Away from the hussle and bussle of chawengs main strip

There are also 42 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.