Reviews of Lamai Guesthouse 2 stars

20/31-21 Sirirat Road, Phuket, 83150 Patong Beach, Thailand

#81 of 128 B&Bs and Inns in Patong Beach

Reasonable and comfortable stay in lamai guesthouse.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No service for shuttle and bathub can fill full water.suggest to improve bathtub. Need to provide iron and room service l.

Abit hidden from traffic area..wuite peaceful

Worst guest service
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff they are racist the way they treat asian is not the way they treat others is very different i dont like the facial expressions they give to us also the fan is not working the bath tubs are not so clean the sluding door is broken lock

The quiteness

Will book them again
    • Standard Single Room

Couldn't find hungers in the wardrobe. Had to buy my own ones. If you have a heavy luggage it's a problem because they don't have a lift. The location from the center /beach is quite far, but if you have a scooter there is no problem. Nearest shop staff is very kind and helpful.

The lady on the reception is very kind and always ready to help. Staff is nice and polite. The cleaner was always there to help.

Great value, close to town and away from noisy bars
    • Standard Single Room

Unfortunately the stair well is small, tiled and echos a lot. Many of my neighbors came home very early in the morning 3 or 4 or 5 am and made a lot of noise. I never slept past 4am. Difficult for the hotel to fix this but after two weeks I was very tired. I will stay in Patong for two weeks again in September and (if it weren't for the noise) I would book Lamai again. If you are working in a bar or a party person and want cheap accommodation, look no further, book Lamai!

I booked a single room at a crazy cheap price and when I arrived they told me they didn't have any single rooms and I was upgraded free of charge to a double! I chose Lamai for its location - close to Patong but not in the centre so that I wouldn't have bar noise all night. I was also on a tight budget so having a fridge, kettle and good wifi was fantastic.

Room was on top floor, no elevator.
    • Standard Single Room

Room was on top floor, no elevator.

The accommodation was very central.
    • Standard Single Room

The accommodation was very central. The staff very helpful at booking your trips. Made you feel very welcome.

Bed sheet its not clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bed sheet its not clean. Cannot use bath tub.

I HAD A REALLY NICE STAY AT LAMAI GUESTHOUSE AND WOULD GO THERE AGAIN
    • Standard Single Room

ALL STAFF MEMBERS VERY FRIENDLY,ROOM NICE AND CLEAN THE BED WAS GOOD.

• Reviewed: 19 June 2015

We weren't expecting much since we only paid 200 baht...

Nothing. 100% amazing!

We weren't expecting much since we only paid 200 baht (low season price) but when we got there we were blown away. Excellent staff! Incredible room- double bed, plasma tv, fridge, personal computer and printer in room, kettle, hair dryer, two shower heads, hot shower, bath and even an umbrella for the rainy weather we had. Can't complain about a thing!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2015

I like Lamai Guesthouse because of the comfort of the bed...

I like Lamai Guesthouse because of the comfort of the bed which is rare in Thailand as most have hard beds. The location is close enough to the beacg that it's only 15mins walk to the beach but far enough to hear the noise from the sleazy Bangla Road. The receptionists are very helpful giving me directions to Big C/Jungceylon Mall and to the beach. I love that there is a personal computer provided in each room. Basically, everything that I need. I'd definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

The internet inside the room.

First, I found a cockrache in my bedroom. The sheets was dirty, also the bathroom. I found dirty socks in the closet. And the staff accused me to take a softdrink (of course I didn't, how can they say that if they don't clean the bedroom?). Really bad experience.

The internet inside the room.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2015

Looked too good to be true but turned out to be brilliant.

Looked too good to be true but turned out to be brilliant. I highly recommend it and the owner is extremely helpful and went out her way to organise island hopping and elephant rides at discounted rates.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

I had a perfect stay in Lamai Guesthouse!

I had a perfect stay in Lamai Guesthouse! I've been travelling around Thailand for a couple of months now and have been in both posh and budget hotels but with both value for money and amenities, Lamai Guesthouse perfectly met my needs! When I booked, I read all the reviews first and was already alerting myself to beware about the staff which were said to be rude and not nice, but all of them are so nice and always smiling especially the lady manager at the reception, she looked after me all the time. I love the fact that they have a personal computer provided even in the Single room which I availed. Even the single room is perfect for its size for one person. Ensuite with good hot shower in rainshower type, very clean room and bathroom, good airconditioning and I had very nice views of the mountain and a breezy balcony. Good-sized wardrobe, a cable TV with many English channels, dvd player, minibar, hairdryer, kettle for coffee, and one of the most comfortable beds I ever had in Thailand! I always have two towels and 2 hand towels changed everyday with clean spotless sheets. 12 minute walk to Patong beach where I catch the songthaew bus for Phuket Town at the south part of the beach. 25mins to Jungceylon mall walking straight through from the hotel to Jungceylon mall, ending up in Big C. Convenience store at the corner of the hotel, many Thai restaurants surrounding the area and even Lamai Guesthouse have a very delectable menu on its restaurant. The concept of this hotel shows that the owner had properly planned the amenities so carefully ! I would come back and would definitely recommend this guesthouse! Thank you Lamai for taking care of me, will see you again soon!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2015

The young girl who worked there was nice though didn't...

The guy spoke just well enough for a miscommunication, then head lady accused me of lying (obvious due to his mistake) then she yelled at me, was incredibly rude, accused me if lying (because of buddy's mistake) then he changed his story to not appear in the wrong. Absolutely disgraceful!!! Wifi never worked and location very far and hidden away. Messed up food, coffee and bills each time. All around attrocious service. And I have very low standards!! Just unbelievably bad!! SERIOUSLY DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

The young girl who worked there was nice though didn't speak English. Nice room, air conditioning. Clean nice bed.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2015

Position is perfect.

I was at fifth floor without elevator...

Position is perfect...not too much in center but not distant also... then the room was perfect and comfortable, with a very nice bathroom and all the comfort in it

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

Excellent value for money, extremely helpfull staff.

Excellent value for money, extremely helpfull staff. Good mini bar facilities

• Reviewed: 17 May 2015

as per rate, facilities are good

no private car park, sometime it was problematic

as per rate, facilities are good

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.