Reviews of The Landmark Bangkok 5 stars

138 Sukhumvit Road, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand

#168 of 1,238 hotels in Bangkok

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Spacious luxury room, excellent buffet breakfast, friendly staff.
    • Family Suite

Account was not right on checkout, room rate was more then booking, was corrected.

Excellent location, spacious luxury room, excellent buffet breakfast, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

I had a great stay and enjoyed breakfast with two friends sitting outside in the Landmark cafe.
    • Premium Room

The hotel room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The location of the room is excellent, it is very close to Nana BTS station, and an easy walk to Terminal 21. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a lovely cake from the hotel for my birthday.

Location is very good near the hospital, mall, restaurants...
    • Premium Room

The pool was only good for adults not for children.

Location is very good near the hospital, mall, restaurants and train station. The staff and the service is very quick and nice.

Too cold to sleep
    • Executive Suite

Room t 20 C, very cold, changed setpoint and waited, no change, called for help, first staff could not fix, second staff (technician) replaced sensor or thermostat, room t still the same, my wife did not sleep at all during the night. At checkout, I filed complaint on bill, but no reaction, still had to pay full price, they said coffee was for free, but then wanted extra money for the water we used in the room..... Very strange indeed.

Restaurant on top floor excellent, staff too, breakfast super

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Vast and rather impersonal.
    • Premium Room

It’s a vast cathedral-like hotel, and by its nature, impersonal. Staff numbers are huge, and therefore you are unlikely to speak to the same person twice.

All amenities are available at this hotel.....at a cost.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

In a word ...amazing

To short of stay

Front desk personnel was outstanding........my checkin was smooth and quick.....as well as my checkout.......welcoming and efficient.......it has been over two years since I stay in landmark. Reason.....over two years ago front desk personnel was not accomodating......i actually exited and stayed at another hotel. .....I liked staying in landmark very much.....but personnel at that time was the reason I stayed in another hotel.....i wanted to try again. .....I was so I did.

overall excellent property excluding the pool
    • Premium Club Room

The pool areas was very disappointing and looking very tired and unclean. The water in the spa was slimy and the water in the pool was cloudy and had an area of the pool which was brown.

The breakfast was outstanding. Location was excellent. Restaurant downstairs had a huge range to choose from and extremely tasty.

Wonderful location...great experience!
    • Premium Corner Room

A bit pricey. Elegant decor but could use some renovation.

Great location very close to Nana BTS. Excellent view from corner room wonderful and spacious washroom. Room service was superb. Ordered some food and they were really delicious - halal available.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

I do not recommend this hotel.
    • Premium Room

The room service food taste was horrible and I found plastic stuff in one of the dishes and when we complained the only thing they did is offer us ice cream. Plus the food was charged. The room is soo old fashioned and dull and i realized there was loads of dirt and accumulated dust under the bed. Not a hygienic place especially when u have toddler or infant.

The location of the hotel and room control device next to the bed.

The location was perfect and I use the laundry service it...
    • Premium Room

The price is little high

The location was perfect and I use the laundry service it was very quick and perfect the staff is very friendly and warm welcomed

Started off on the wrong foot but ended up having an excellent stay
    • Premium Room

On check in there were issues with my room and also at lunch but when this was communicated to the managment they fixed the problem very quickly and also compensated me for the problems.

The way the responded to the problems i had during check in and lunch

Overall excellent and I would rate Excellent
    • Premium Room

The furnitures in Swimming pool area. I suggest they go for plastic-cane look furniture, since they are exposed to rain, air and sun, such type of furnitures are long lasting

Food was good, croissant was just right, extra bed too very comfortable. The staffs were excellent, although room services was a bit slow. Room cleaning was superb.

Staff at check in are excellent and very efficient.
    • Premium Room

Everything was perfect for me.

Staff at check in are excellent and very efficient. Rooms are comfortable, clean and the beds are wonderful. Very nice food in the restaurant. Gym access is very convenient and the fitness first equipment is good.

The Landmark is meant to be a 5 Star Hotel, I requested man...
    • Premium Room

The Landmark is meant to be a 5 Star Hotel, I requested man made fiber pillows and duvet as have allergy to feathers. I was given a duvet with a blanket inside and a solid piece of foam for a pillow. As I said meant to be a 5 Star Hotel.......going beyond guest expectations, hospitality......unfortunately not at The Landmark Hotel

Great location, great staff, great rooms. 5 star!
    • Premium Corner Room

This is my 9th time to stay at Landmark. I have tried other hotels in the area but I always come back to Landmark. The location is great, the rooms are well appointed, the staff is very friendly, professional and provide great customer service. There is a lady at the front named Eye who is really helpful. I will be back again and again.

Nice upgrade Room
    • Premium Club Room

no internet on IPTV and no pay movie channels

the Manager was very nice, work hard to compensate us because of the internet problem. He did an excellent job. Breakfast was nice

A Great Hotel 10 Years Ago
    • Premium Club Room

MY FIRST ROOM WAS A SHOE BOX I BOOED A PREMIER CLUB FLOOR ROOM IN COMPARISON TO OTHER HOTELS AROUND IT ENDED UP VERY EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT WAS, HIGH STANDARD IN THE ROOM BUT TO DOWN LOAD DOCUMENTS YOU HAD TO PAY 200 RMB EXTRA A DAY FOR A GOOD INTERNET ST OVER 7000 A ROOM I FOUND THAT POOR.

The location is in the hearty of the entertainment area of Bangkok 2 min to Nana 5 min to cowboy, great old style hotel, good range of facilities be them a little expensive and old styled t, the club floor was large and comfortable and the food very good.

Old hotel but very well maintained. Great staffs.
    • Premium Corner Room

Pool area should have a family section. The jacuzzi should have hot water

Fruits are best in Thailand. A welcome fruit basket is a great touch. Your staff name Janya made the greatest first impression to us. She is the reason our stay is more enjoyable. The house keeping also gaves great service

It was expensive with breakfast considering the hotel facilities.
    • Premium Room

The Air-condition is not good as the air is hitting the face which is unusual.

I liked the location and arrangement.We booked with you including breakfast but we had to pay for breakfast.

Wanted to see and compare this hotel with the hotel I always book in Rajathewee
    • Premium Room

There was the hairdryer but no mirror where i plug hairdryer to electricity. Not convenient for ladies who need to style n blowdry the hair

Quiet and polite staff

Great hotel shame about the shower
    • Premium Room

The only thing that was not good was unfortunately one of the most important - the shower was cold!

Friendly and clean. Nice room with a fab view and a really great location

Friendly staff, quick check in and out.
    • Premium Room

Constantly being propositioned by prostitutes sitting in the outside front bar. Its even more frustrating as I complained about this to the General Manager when I stayed in March, yet clearly nothing has changed.

Friendly staff, quick check in and out. Nice pool area. Centrally located.

Average
    • Premium Room

Smelly room. My third time at this hotel and its standards have slipped. No fruit in room, breakfast food not as good as it used to be. Bacon awful, some fruit tasteless and they can't cook eggs. More a 4 star hotel these days.

The bed was comfortable
    • Premium Room

Prior to arriving I booked a limousine to collect us from the airport as a surprise for my daughters birthday. . No limousine turned up. I was also advised that a complimentary birthday cake would be there for my daughter, which I advised her of. No cake was provided. Both my daughter and I were extremely disappointed by the service.

The bed was comfortable

This location has too many options within walking distance of hotel to be missed!
    • Premium Room

The room was standard, tucked away on the 17th floor. But for the price I really could not complain I just don't think the images on the website were a true representation of all rooms.

The location was unbeaten by any hotel in all of Bangkok in my opinion, for things to do regarding restaurants, shopping and the BTS is essentially right outside the entrance.

memorable stay
    • Premium Room

The staff are nice. since it was my birthday during the stay, i received a surprised gift from them. it is very closed from the BTS station.

Expected more from the Landmark
    • Premium Room

Standard for room cleanliness has dropped since our last stay. We’re there for three nights and didn’t appear that tiles were clean. Shower grouting showing signs of mould which is something I didn’t see before and was surprised to find this time considering the hotel’s rating

Hotel staff as always very nice and polite. Location is great for Soi 4 and BTS

Stay was good, extra services such as breakfast could have been a useful incentive.
    • Premium Room

The package I thought I booked on line was not consistent with what was provided (ie I recall that there were a lot of 'add on's' in my package which I never received). As the receptionists took my confirmation voucher, I wasn't able to cross-check, so there is an element of doubt, although, the reason I booked the room initially, was the attraction of the added incentives and location. Over priced compared with other similar hotels within the Nana area that provided a lot more, ie free breakfast, free gym facilities, etc Also, I asked for a quiet room, and was given a room which I was told was the quietest, but was in fact very noisy, traffic wise.

Staff were good.

The room is clean.
    • Premium Corner Room

The staff at the front desk are very rude and not helpful. Both staff by check in and check out. They looked very unhappy. We asked some questions they gave you the feeling you asked too much. It is not the good impression.

The room is clean. The breakfast is quite decent.

Landmark, Bangkok A+++
    • Premium Club Room

The staff could be a little more attentive around the swimming pool area

Polite courteous staff matched with the hotels luxury made this trip for me!

high price
    • Premium Room

very expensive price dine in room very high price crowded arab street is very bad for families shopping in arab street very expensive

nice decoration

Overall it was ok but they need to pumpup their standard which they had in past.
    • Executive Suite

i think customer service is not as it use to be at this hotel. Staff seems a bit tired or not very energetic and welcoming. In past their customer service was really good and upfront but this time i was a bit disappointed.

I stayed there many times and location is the best.

The hotel has great eating
    • Premium Room

The staff argued over the price that was setfor half day stay and we paid cash and have a receipt but just noticed they charged $84 to the credit card as well

The hotel has great eating

This Hotel was beautiful.
    • Premium Corner Room

This Hotel was beautiful. They thought of everything. Restaurants were the best in Bangkok. I highly recommend the beef tenderloin on the 31st floor.

The hotel has a lot of potential but is not being utilised properly.
    • Premium Club Room

When I arrived I had miscalculated the days of staying so instead of 4 nights I had booked I could only stay 2 and a half. They made no attempt to help me stating it was because I booked through Booking.com. There were many little things they could have done. Better room etc. I had already paid for the club lounge facilities. Also concierge only offered us tours with other people. I wanted to pay for a private tour and he just said you can't. Not acceptable for a 5 star hotel

The room was comfortable

Great short stay in this 5 star hotel, however a bit pricey.
    • Premium Room

The only thing was, it was too expensive for me. I only stayed there because of my Family for one night. I transferred to a different hotel thew next day. I understand 5 star hotels well, but I find it was too much for me.

I liked the Hotel Facilities and ALL the amazing and professional staff and super helpful. Everyone greets you with a smile. :) The Room is spacious, cute and has amazing views over Bangkok. The room was clean, tidy, perfect.

I recomend it.
    • Premium Room

The glasses between the bedroom and the bathroom wasn't practical for father and his son or for friends. it should be an option that the guest can cover or uncover it

But expensive but it’s worth it for a special occasion.
    • Premium Room

Have to walk past reception and go up elevator to gym although not a big problem. The fitness first gym is excellent.

Staff and facilities perfect. Restaurants and food great, food selection of wines. Location was perfect for our needs.

Landmark scores again.
    • Premium Club Room

Having arrived at 6pm, I needed a suit pressed for the following morning. The Club floor team were excellent and my suit was collected, pressed and returned to my room while I enjoyed a complimentary cocktail! The Landmark never disappoints.

Ok. Not great. Not terrible.
    • Premium Room

Food was average, housekeeping didn’t change glassware just rinsed it in bathroom, location in Sukhimvit quite chaotic.

Staff helpful, great gym (FF), offered to extend check out time was appreciated.

Good location, but weak sauce front desk staff
    • Premium Corner Room

Weak front-desk staff. Told us that one of the room wasn't ready and would call us when it is ready. However, didn't call and I had to call them myself. Also, since they already gave us one out of the 2 rooms, I would expect them to come up and give us the key the 2nd room when it is ready and help with the luggage. However, instead, I had to go back down stairs, to get my own keys and then go back up and move my own luggage. Lame service for a 5 star hotel.

Absolutely amazing
    • Premium Room

The hotel is really close to the skyline train service making it easier to get everywhere as the traffic is insane in Bangkok and getting around by train is easier during the day.

Great Location, Night Life Fantastic!
    • Premium Room

Prostitutes on the Garden Terrance pretending to be customers, but propositioning every man that walks by. Something I've never seen here before, despite staying many times. When I complained, (as I was propositioned 5 times), little was done, and the same 2 women were there the next night.

Atrium Buffet was fantastic, although expensive. Great central location. Excellent pool and sun deck. Rooms very modern and clean.

Bring your own food and drinks, that’s a total rip off
    • Premium Room

You may sleep there, but PLEASE bring your own food and drink. 10 $ for a bottle of still water in the minibar is only one example of this rip off

If you like the Arab market and the red light district then it’s a very good situation

very pleasant stay.
    • Premium Club Room

the BTS walkway nearest to landmark has no escalator up or down unless u walk a bit further down the road to Family Mart (which is just up).

very pleasant stay. breakfast was very good. pool side a bit cramped, otherwise we still managed to put in a few swims in the hot day.

I had a great time and I'm really glad I stayed there.
    • Premium Room

Can't think of anything offhand.

Staff was dynamite, room and amenities were top class. Cost four times the price of the hotel I'd originally booked, right down the street, but was ten times as nice. Love the lounge.

Had a club room-so the happy hour (with food) was excellent.
    • Premium Club Room

Only drawback: coming in by train from the airport on the airport express involves one change onto the BTS . which with a suitcase or two, and given the hordes of people always on the Skytrain... more than a bit stressfull

Had a club room-so the happy hour (with food) was excellent. The hotel manager personally took the time to talk with his guests.

Great stay, very comfy.
    • Premium Corner Room

Compared to other hotel's limousine services it was a little on the expensive side for what it was. Would have liked to been given restaurant suggestions around the city other than the hotel's own.

A comfortable experience from start to finish. Friendly staff and great location for visiting the nightlife.

Tired & Overstated.
    • Premium Room

Advertising the “worlds finest steak” on the menu raises expectations significantly. To deliver a piece of meat that wouldn’t make it to local restaurant tables is really really disappointing. I’m all for ambition but this is a case of reach for the stars and hit the MRT!

I’ve stayed at this hotel a number of times in the last 15 years, but this will be the last time. Sentimentality brought me back, but I see how dated the property is now. The staff are all friendly and helpful, but then I expected nothing less. The Club Rooms are small compared to more modern properties, as are the restaurants and the Club Lounge. Not even an armchair in the room leaves the only option to sit on the bed or the desk chair. The signature restaurant The Rib Room is easily surpassed by others. The views and location are what initially attracted me to this hotel in 2003, but with so many other internationally branded 5*’s open or opening in the vicinity, I will be exploring their offerings in the future.

Friendly and helpful staff and in great location near BTS!
    • Premium Corner Room

Friendly and helpful staff. Great location. I have stayed here about 6 times now and although I have tried other hotels around Sukhumvit area (including Marriott) and feel Landmark is still the best value for money in this area. Out of my 6 stays, 3 times I was upgraded from corner room to a suite at no charge!

Perfect hotel in Bangkok.
    • Premium Club Room

Besided the location being great, the staff and their hospitality is worth a mention. The beds are super comfy and the bathrooms are clean. The Jiva spa is one of the best spa's in bangkok. Their outdoor restaurant is very good, we had all our dinners here.

Great central hotel
    • Premium Club Room

Pool is in shade for some of the day and is therefore somewhat cool. Bar is well furnished but is usually empty, could be because it is relatively expensive compared to the neighbourhood bars. This is not unexpected for a five star establishment.

Excellent central location and transport links. Very good breakfast. Room was well equipped, clean and large. Staff were friendly and efficient.

Excellent stay in a smart central hotel with very good facilities.
    • Premium Room

The pool was small and not as good as others we have seen in Bangkok, but overall there was nothing to criticise.

Location, bedroom and bathroom were great. staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Another fabulous stay at a fantastic hotel.
    • Premium Room

After booking the room online, I requested flowers be placed in the room for our arrival. The hotel could not have been more helpful and made the whole process extremely easy.

This hotel was great as my husband and I we celebrated our...
    • Premium Club Room

This hotel was great as my husband and I we celebrated our marriage anniversary. When they heard this, they were very kind to leave a Happy Anniversary cake with a nice card in our room. We enjoyed it for the entire time of our stay. This hotel is quite big with several restaurants serving different cuisine. The staff everywhere was very friendly and helpful, and all spoke English. We were completely new to Bangkok and we took a taxi to see a few sights. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Brilliant
    • Premium Room

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They were very kind and accomadated our requests. The location was excellent and only 3 mins to Nana BTS and convenient to local eating places.

Would definitely stay again
    • Premium Room

Some of the poolside staff are rude and not very helpful.

Great 5 star hotel and good value for money. Most of the staff were nice and helpful. Beds are so comfortable.

Well-located hotel with excellent facilities and staff.
    • Premium Room

The hotel is very well-located with restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance and it is close to the skytrain. The restaurants and facilities within the hotel are excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are well-appointed and serviced to a high standard daily.

short vocation in Bangkok with marvelous hotel
    • Family Suite

nothing at all

Really we enjoyed staying in Land Mark , super hotel ,Good Location, five star hotel, we stayed in big sweet with to 2 rooms connecting together, neer Nana street only five minutes walking to Arabic Restaurant, good facility, safe.

This is a proper class hotel.
    • Premium Room

Only complaint was the bar prices were about four times the rate of the neighbouring bars. Having said that in life you tend to get what you pay for and the neighbouring bars are a bit rough and ready.

This is a proper class hotel. Several good bars and restaurants particularly the penthouse steak place. Everything you would expect of a top class hotel. Rooms are spacious and the ninth and tenth floor pool and sundeck are perfect

We pick landmark for our stay in Bangkok for past 2 years.
    • Premium Room

Food could be better value for money. But know we are paying hotel prices.

We pick landmark for our stay in Bangkok for past 2 years. Its definitely a good location and service is top! Only thing is facilities and quality of food have gone down since our last visit. But being so close to Nana district always fun!

Home from home
    • Premium Room

It's always a pleasure 2 stay here staff are always extremely friendly helpful they have it right because my 10 year old grandson love it

09.01.18

Great hotel. Great location. Great staff. Great pillows!

Absolutely nothing

Everything! We left something of value at the hotel and didn’t realise until we got to our next destination in Thailand. The staff involved were fantastic, they posted the item, then chased it up when it didn’t arrive and kept in contact with me every day. I wouldn’t have been able to do with myself because of the language barrier, I can’t thank them enough. The pillows were wonderful, just like big marshmallows!

Lovely hotel in perfect location with excellent facilities but be careful on drinks
    • Premium Room

Price of wine was over the top Price for new year eves dinners when discounts were offered on some venues - very confusing notice

Great central location, in main street and 100 metres from sky rail Variety of restaurants Facilities in room

The cleaning staff is not as good as expected.
    • Premium Room

The cleaning staff is not as good as expected. The facilities in bathroom for daily use, like shaving kits, are not provided. Only after several requirements, the cleaning staff sent those facilities for daily use to our room. Such service is really under our expectation. Other staff are very kind and helpful.

Horrrendous
    • Premium Room

Hotel used my credit card for payment when I arrived and charged me again on my departure day when they said they were refunding my deposit , so I have been charged double and not refunded deposit !

High standard of cleanliness

Excellent location - wonderful staff....infrastructure needs a little TLC now, although still lovely
    • Deluxe Suite

Please seee above

Breakfast at the atrium was an eclectic affair...felt they were trying to be all things to all men re types of breakfasts - Japanese, Thai, middle eastern, western ...also too few staff ...although they were very friendly and helpful - felt that they were struggling re amount of people and not enough staff....decided to utilise executive lounge which was much better ...although less choice of foods

5 star quality right where it’s all at in BKK
    • Premium Room

Very tough steak from room service my girlfriend couldn’t finish it (ordered very late).

Location, value for money, staff, facilities enormous comfortable bed, great shower, giant beers on the terrace watching the world go by, very good value 5 star hotel.

Great location but the hotel needs an update
    • Premium Room

The room was small and out of date. It lacked the facilities and comfort that a more modern hotel offers.

The location was great and the staff were helpful and friendly. The breakfast in the room service was excellent.

staying in Landmark Bangkok is truly beyond my expectations.

absolutely nothing

staying in Landmark Bangkok is truly beyond my expectations. I feel sick one day and asked room service if they have thermometer to measure my body temperature. It was really late at night but the duty manager went to get one for me from the nursery room. I really appreciate it. The hotel even sent me a birthday cake even my birthday should be a few days later. I really enjoy my staying in this hotel and would recommend it to my friends.

Yaaaaak
    • Premium Room

Alcohol smell is so strong that hurts ur brain Music noise from some club very strong Couldnt sleep Very rubish and old furniture plus very dirty Just a big Yaaaaak They charged me for 2 nights though i wanted to leave after 12 hrs of stay ..

Despite good location and fair services, the hotel is not willing to raise traveler's satisfaction.
    • Premium Room

1. The room was booked for a king bed for a couple. However this hotel gave us a room with two queen beds put together. completely uncomfortable. 2. The front officer did not pay attention to our problem. 3. We were supposed to pay at the hotel, but 3 days after booking the hotel charged my credit card and obviously no answer.

the location quiet good

Location and standards of service.
    • Premium Room

We have stayed several times here and usually there are no demerits but on this occasion despite the quality of the doubleglazing the noise, music and screeching from the prostitutes and the sound systems of the Nana Complex behind us could be heard in our room during the early hours. Make sure one has a room abutting a different location.

Location and standards of service.

The best hotel I have ever stayed in. Better than the Ritz in London and Wardolf Astoria, NY.
    • Executive Suite

Some of the other guests. They were rude and arrogant. I felt sorry for the hotel staff.

The breakfast was amazing. The Executive suite was large and had everything you could dream of. Happy hour consisted of free alcohol and food for Executive guests, and there was a 24/7 Executive lounge. The staff were really nice too, especially the Executive check-in staff.

good facilities bad location
    • Premium Corner Room

the location of the hotel

the staff is excellent - hotel facilities are good however the location is not so good I wouldn't recommend it for families with kids.

Browse The Landmark Bangkok traveller photo gallery